Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose 3 stars

55 Old Tully Road, San Jose, CA 95111, USA

#13 of 67 hotels in San Jose

great location and place to stay for the price
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

we showed up an hour after check in and room was not ready. had to wait in lobby for about 30 minutes and watched others get a room before us. confused as to why our room was not ready but rooms were going to others checking in.

room was really nice

Nice place to stay. Undesirable location
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Too close to the fairgrounds. We heard noise from the fairgrounds. Next to a cannabis dispensary. Next to a landscape business.

Bathroom was designed very nicely. Room was very large. Staff was very nice and helpful. There was lots to choose from at breakfast.

Hotel was comfortable but the poor attitude of the front desk manager whas a discrace.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The front desk manager seriously needs some training in customer care and experience as she was patronising and unwilling to help when we had an issue with our booking only for the hotel manager to step in quickly to solve our issues after we requested to speak to him after she refused to help.

Very nice hotel facility wise.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Pool, size of room - quiet.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No lounge chairs at pool - old and cracked. The one food vendor for room delivery. A rip off. Tricked into buying larger portions without being given an audible choice.

Pool, size of room - quiet. Carpeting in hall. Breakfast. Lots of towels.

Nice, quiet,
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

A/C unit blows on you. Window looks out on back of bldg.

Large rooms. Very quiet. Easy secure parking. Excellent breakfast. Nice location.

Highly recommended to anyone that is visiting the San Jose area.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing really to say about any dislikes.

Everything about my stay was great for me, so much that I’m a return customer for the past several years. The staff did a great job to fulfill my special request during check in. Job well done!

It was comfortable and had a heated pool.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that I wasn’t told before i arrived that they require a $100 hold in addition to the price of the room. I fortunately had the extra money. It just would have been nice to know beforehand.

It was comfortable and had a heated pool. Also loved checking out at 12pm

Excellent!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our room was way larger than expected. We had a whole room for the bed and a couch in the living room area along with a kitchen and an extra bathroom sink outside of the bathroom. The bathroom was updated and nice. And the room even had a kitchen table.

The room was larger than expected.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was larger than expected. It was clean and bright. Bath room was bright and extremely clean. Ice maker area has recycle center and vending machine Thank you

It was comfortable and convenient.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

All the breakfast food was terrific. Beds were acceptable for sleeping. We had no coffee carafe in one room and the fridge whistled and was broken in the other room. We appreciated the comp you gave us because of those inconveniences.

Clean, spacious room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The price they charged me was $250 more than what Booking.com quoted. I can see $50 difference but to change me $250 more?? Won’t stay here again.

Clean, spacious room

Hotel was very clean, great experience
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The fact I couldn't get a copy of my billing they said cause I booked through booking.com I had to get my copy from them

The breakfast was wonderful great items and choices.

The room itself was very nice
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel placed a hold on my account for incidentals without telling me. I understand that it may be policy for them to do this, but if its not disclosed I cant plan for it. When I called to find out what the charge was for the person I spoke to was very rude. I was talked down too and was treated like I was stupid for not knowing about the charge cuz after all, all hotels do it..When I asked why I was not told before my card was charged he said he would get the manager to answer any guestions I had ..and proceeded to hang up on me.

The room itself was very nice

Staff were friendly and the rate was reasonable.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed that the television didn't work, but it was fixed quickly. I was also disappointed there was no bathtub, and the neighborhood was VERY industrial, but overall it was a good place to stay.

Staff were friendly and the rate was reasonable. I had a problem getting the television to work and the front desk person came up right away and fixed it so we could watch the Academy Awards. Breakfast was also good.

Comfortable and very affordable.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I location wasn’t the best but the inside was marvelous but that’s okay. I felt safe staying there

I really wanted to check in early due to the fact I had my 8 month old son and the staff was very accommodating and let me check in at 1 oppose to 3. That was very nice of them. And when we checked in someone brought us water and a nice card thanking us for staying there. The rooms were very spacious, it didn’t feel small at all. The bathrooms were nice and the toiletries were netroguena products. Made you feel like you were at a fancy hotel without the price tag

Overall, the property and staff are good. The overall value I'm not so sure about.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property located next to industrial truck parking area, which made for a little bit of sound, though not bad. Neighboring guest next door was loud and the walls were not insulated enough to keep from hearing him. For my preferences, the bed/mattress was a little too hard.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Condition of property was good. Room was clean. Included breakfast was nice to have.

Hampton Inn was fine - booking.com not
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I will never use booking.com again! We booked 2 queen beds for 4 people. Upon arriving, we were told they only had a king with a fold out sofa and no roll aways available. Needless to say, my girls had to sleep on a very uncomfortable and noisy fold out bed.

Not comfortable feeling
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When we arrived after a long drive from seattle to San Jose California , around 3pm, I went to the front desk to check in but unfortunately they couldn’t find my reservation through booking.com. I showed them the email confirmation from booking.com and still they couldn’t find the reservation. The general manager recommended to get another room so I agreed because we were so tired that afternoon. When I checked my account on line, I noticed that there were 2 pre-authorized payment for the hotel. One from the on line reservation for $328.32 and the other for the new room we were given that day for $156.01. I asked the front desk why this happened but there was no answer or nobody knows why. I feel like there is a disconnect between booking. Com and Hampton inn. After finding out that this is happening, I felt a little stressed and very uneasy of what was was going on. I now began to have trust issues between Hampton inn and booking.com. I am hoping that I won’t get charge twice for our stay. I am very understanding and patient person but this event should not happened to your customers.

I love the continental breakfast

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Upset.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

100 dólllars charge for “incidentals” per night is unacceptable, arbitrary, impropper. Not even their employees know what are the “incidentals”. Breakfast room is simply dirty. Breakfast is unattended. Person in charge Does not care.

The room

It was ok

Accurate info online

The only reason I choose this hotel was because online they said they offered smoking rooms. I even live chatted with a Hilton rep who said they did. They do not.

Daily maid service for 227 didn't happen for 3 days.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Daily maid service for 227 didn't happen for 3 days. I notified front desk and was told: Day 1 - (with no hesitation) you had do not disturb sign out. We didn't Desk said they will make certain device will happen. It didn't Day 2:: a repeat of day 1 Day 3: desk said it was a computer glitch (again with no hesitation). Finally room was serviced.

The front staff not experience enough
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Coffee is always cold very little breakfasts to choose. Our AC not working properly plus electric plug in Bathroom will not work. I notify the issues in the front desk and they never got fixed. Since they have technicians no the weekend.

There’s nothing to like It’s just another typical Hotel

Perfect place near relatives in Willow Glen
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were given a ground floor room near the entry with wheelchair accommodation. My husband, awaiting hip surgery, has pain walking, so this was perfect for us. Also our young granddaughters stayed with us two nights, and they seemed very welcome. Other children were around as well. Breakfasts were good.

I jave a very good experience with this property and great customer service.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The property very clean, fast customer service. Whay I like the most is after 20 mins afyer i arrived to my room, front desk called and asked me how is my room and so i need anything else. Speedy check in and out. Good accommidtion breakfast.

I would stay here again
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel was a great value for the money. The location is close to the freeway. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel included a nice breakfast buffet included with the room rate. There is a complimentary coffee/tea bar in the lobby available 24/7. I would definitely stay here again.

Better accommodations available
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Coffee at breakfast did not taste good. Smoke detector in room beeped at night. Salvage yard adjacent to hotel noisy some mornings. And the pool is very small and was not clean.

Beds were comfortable

Outstanding value for the price.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean room and bathroom, comfortable beds, excellent hot breakfast and "happy hour" food every day. Complementary coffee and tea 24/7. The staff was very helpful.

WARNING - Do not take the 5-people suite - The rest about the hotel is great
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Be careful when you book this hotel when you are a 5-people group. The room that is supposed to be good for 5 people is not: there is only one King Size bed and a (broken, in our case) couch. We asked to change for a decent room, and only had one with two queen-size beds, yet we were five travelers. We had to do with it, as there was no other room available. One advice I could give is to take the suite where there is enough to lodge all five travelers (even if the room is indicated to fit 4 people only). We found one for 4 people where there was two twin beds + one couch. Looking back at it, we should have taken this one. Always be careful when you book with booking.com!

The employees were very kind and helpful. They changed our room when the one we had had a broken couch. The breakfast is included and is quite good, refilled very often! The room is very comfy, yet we only had two twin beds (!) for five.

Nice room. Noisy surrounding rooms
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Surrounding room was very noisy like throwing furniture around until wee hours of the morning. I advised front desk but it didnt stop.

Nicely appointed room and good location for funeral services I had to attend.

Clean as most Hampton properties we've stayed
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not fit in the surroundings, Was out of water for several hrs one morning without notice in advance or explanation from the staff

Remodeled, clean, quiet

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Booking.com did not work for this stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

They did not have my reservation from booking.com. Luckily they had a room available. It was less expensive than my reservation with booking.com, so not happy with the experience with that!

The staff was very attentive

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Super clean, great decor, comfortable bed, big room and...

AC was a bit noisy.

Super clean, great decor, comfortable bed, big room and bathroom, very good breakfast. Everything was perfect! Best hotel we stayed at during our US trip.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Great stay at Hampton in SJ
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff did not supply extra bath towels I requested but I just got them at front desk.

The room was quite large & quiet. Big bathroom. Built in phone charger cords by the bed & slide out drawers in bathroom were very convenient. Huge food selection at breakfast & hot eggs & meat changed each morning.

Went out to smoke during night and got locked out.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Went out to smoke during night and got locked out. No notices to point out there was a side door I could have used. My phone call awoke the receptionist

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Best Hampton yet !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were excellent,we were only staying 1 night on our way to Monterey they recommended phils fish market restaurant at moss landing [ great seafood]. Rooms were spotlessly clean and large

Very nice stay

Breads offered

Eggs and fruit

There for business, but it was very relaxing, nice place to stay.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The drinks and food in the lobby at dinner were great. The girls at the desk were very nice.

Comfortable, quiet and easy to get to!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

LOVED the room size...HUGE. The bed was very comfortable, and quiet!

Avoid this place unless you like bed bugs.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Ummm... massive bed bug problem. Daughter got bites all over her body, which became infected.

The gym

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

disappointed
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hide abed was utilized and sheets had not been changed from previous guest

Nice, clean, perfect

We are a familly of 5, but got the room for 4

Nice, clean, perfect

Great facility for families.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Great facility for families. Kids enjoyed the pool.

Loved it! Will be back again next year.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Very comfortable rooms and very quite. Easy to find and had a great nights sleep. Room was bigger than I expected.

Staff is friendly, and hotel room is confortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room is clean, bed is comfortable and breakfast is great.

Giant space for Giant Race
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not a thing. perfect for our needs

close to our destination

Great room, continental breakfast. Would definitely stay again.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Room was a little stuffy when we checked in.

Beds were very comfortable. Room was clean with great amenities.

Room & coffee 24hrs

Room & coffee 24hrs

Very good.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fact that you can hear people arguing through the walls.

The bed

I had a wonderful stay at the hotel!

none!

Yes the bed was like a cloud!

All staff was friendly & accomodating.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

There was a bit of confusion at check in. Possibly due to the use of booking.com

All staff was friendly & accomodating.

Very pleasant and clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Plush beds spa like bathrooms

Noisy air con

The air con was noisy

Awesome experience.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Overall appearance and comfort and especially the breakfast ☺

Great value for the money and a step above most hotels.

Selection was great

Very comfortable bed, large room size, very nice and helpful...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable bed, large room size, very nice and helpful staff

I'll go back

Easy to find

Clean staff was nice

Good staffing and clean rooms with excellent breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location and the cost per night was more than other Hampton locations in other cities

Comfortable and clean rooms

Every thing was good

There is so comfortable

The food was great.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The food was great. The room was also great

Room was very clean
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The desk clerk that checked us in was rude. He was very condescending.

Room was very clean

Excellent stay

Great, spacious room

Nice hotel with excellent facilities
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Really Nice hotel - spacious rooms - really hepfull and professional staff. Pool a little small bit Nice and clean. Will definately comeback

I would stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room and restroom were extremely clean. Spacious room.

Excellent hotel. Will be return customer
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was large and comfortable, clean, good breakfast choices

Bed and pillows were awesome
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Stayed on first floor, morons in room above were stomping around until 1 am.

Bed and pillows were awesome

Great hotel to stay

Was not able to get the room I booked I had to settle for an1 bed

The breakfest

The room was clean and comfortable.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The location of the hotel is in a not so good area of San Jose.

The room was clean and comfortable.

I didn't like the sausage they need to changed for a...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The eggs could be better if have a little more butter and flavor.

I didn't like the sausage they need to changed for a different

Everything was a great location.

Not applicable

Everything was a great location.

Early check-in

Early check-in

Front desk staff was very inexperienced.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was very inexperienced. Charged the incorrect card at check in which put a hold on my card for three days.

Horrible excuse for a "breakfast"
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The "breakfast" was terrible. Embarrassing that a company like Hampton considers this a "breakfast."

Room was clean and spacious

A good night sleep
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A quick Breakfast was on the go but great and fulfilling the room was quiet and clean spacious ..