Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District 3 stars

603 West Oglethorpe Avenue, Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#40 of 135 hotels in Savannah

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

we stayed 3 nights one day our beds were made but towels were not replaced and dirty towels still on the floor no toilet paper replaced We also had a fifth person and there were no extra blankets had to call for it

room was big

the beds smelled of dogs, there should be one floor/rooms that accommodate pet, or eliminate all together just like they did for smoking...i love my dog,and he doesn"t travel with me, therefore i did not travel over 300 miles to smell dog on my linen

beautiful hotel, breakfast was good and having someone on site to book your site seeing trips

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was the perfect location for us. 10 minute walk in either direction answer saw everything. Next door to SCAD. While sitting by the pool we could see the students practice dance.

I loved the beautiful southern charm of the lobby and lounge areas! Delicious iced lemonade and fruit-diffused water, and cookies were available in lounge/dining area upon our afternoon arrival! (along with hot beverage choices) A very nice/pleasant touch! Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Very enjoyable breakfast buffet also. Would visit again in a southern heart beat!!

Staff was very friendly! Needs a little updating, but overall experience was great! Will go back again and would recommend to friend if they are looking for somewhere to stay in Savannah!

Eggs were horrible, fruit bowl wasn’t kept filled at breakfast.

Great location, everyone very nice. Beds very comfortable. Love the hot tea or coffee 24 hours and cookies and lemonade put out at 4:00.

Found out about the free on-off transportation availability from another traveler at the end of our visit.

Everything. Each concierge was pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Does not provide free parking, Parking is limited, and the bed was just a little to firm.

I loved the manager Jamey Caldwell customer service manager ...originally I came to the check in at 603 W. Oglethorpe and I was told by Shay that my room was at another Hampton Inn location on West Bay street so I went there and they stated no your reservation is not here (I was boiling over angry at this point and they called and spoke with Jamey (manager) over the phone at my original location 603 W. Oglethorpe I was booked at... who advised me to come back to W. Oglethorpe street location ... by then my family and I was about to explode!!( Keep in mind we just spent all day at the beach with my family and we all ready to check in and take a hot shower , we was hot, sweaty and hungry). When I returned back to the 603 W. Oglethorpe location to check in Jamey understood all our frustration and provided me and my family water , snacks and discounted our hotel stays. The Pool was clean and awesome. The breakfast was great also and staff was very nice and cooked my own personal request of grits upon my personally

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Not thrilled that they charge $15/day for self parking in their guest lot. Seems excessive when you’re already paying for room.

A relative bargain in Savannah’s historic district. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. Within easy walking distance of some very good restaurants like A.lure & Corleones. Nice touches like the 24hr hot coffee or water available in the lobby, home made fresh cookies also in the lobby from 4-5 each evening, and a complimentary hot breakfast each morning.

Bed, bed, bed it was bad very uncomfortable we both woke up the next morning with body aches. Other than that everything else was good.

Location was nice and facilities were clean.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Having to wait on our room till after 5 pm. Then had to take another room until the next day.

The room was very comfortable ,just the covieince of everything.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the parking at all, there should be enough parking spaces for all customers not just a few

the hotel was very clean and beds were comfy. Breakfast was great and the view over downtown was beautiful

The location is excellent. Leave the car and walk to everywhere you want to go in Savannah. The public spaces and room were both better than I expected. The staff was friendly. Really was a good decision to stay here.

Nothing not to like.

Breakfast was very good. Concierge was the best. Staff was incredibly friendly. Location was perfect. I will stay here again whenever I’m in Savannah.

Our room was on the first floor facing a busy street and the traffic noise kept us from getting a good nights sleep. We had to but headphones on and listen to white noise on our phones to drown out the noise.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean.

Check in could have been earlier. Wasn't feeling well after walking for 7 hours (got there at 9 am) and had to wait til 4 to get our reservation. That really sucked.

The overall stay was wonderful. Very comfortable room, especially bed. Very clean and spacious. Staff was wonderful and very pleasant! Breakfast was very good as well. Great location in the historic district, not too far from everything and in walking distance.

The fruit salad had an oddly bitter taste, as though grapefruit juice was drizzled on top as opposed to the usual lemon juice.

There were two lovely tea/coffee stations. As someone who does not drink coffee, this was refreshing. I had my choice of green or black tea, as well as chamomile and two other types of herbal tea. The omelettes were flavorful and had a great texture. The waffle bar was impressive and clean (no small feat, if you are familiar with waffle bars). Staff was friendly and good-natured.

People were running up and down the halls until midnight closing doors loudly. We did call the front desk and I believe they came upstairs but things did not settle down. For those of us who were there on business with early meetings, it was annoying. I have stayed at the hotel before and never had that problem. Bad luck being there at that time with such inconsiderate fellow guests.

I enjoy the breakfast and the staff keeps all items available, very attentive to the area.

The pillows were too soft. The shower door leaked. The breakfast was not very good.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Rooms do need redecorating.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Room smelt like open sewer, requested early check in, not ready, heavy construction in and around hotel, constant hammering, room was not clean, WiFi weak and glitchy, no mention of paid parking - severely unimpressed overall,

there wasn’t very many options in the snack shop. It was bare. I feel like you guys could step up your game a little with more options.

Breakfast was amazing and the room was very clean.

• King Studio - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the location. It was farther away from the things we wanted to do than I wanted. Not enough parking. Billed different rates than what I booked online. (They did fix it after I brought it to their attention)

Shay was extremely helpful. She went out of her way to accommodate us.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

They should have indoor pool. Shouldn’t have to go outside to use gym. Washer and dryer terrible-had to bring home wet clothes.

Everybody very nice and helpful

As regular Hampton Guests we found the price excessive, the breakfast below standard compared to other Hampton Inns. The extra charge of $15..00 per day for parking was ridiculous. To spend nearly $500.00 for 2 nights at this hotel leaves one feeling cheated.

Comfortable back sitting area to talk with friends

• King Studio - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

The property was showing its age everywhere you looked. Our bathroom shower needed re-caulking very badly. The hallway carpet had large stained areas from one end to the other. We were there two nights and never had our room cleaned although we did find a bag of towels leaning up against our door. I guess we were supposed to DIY so we did pull some out. Breakfast was awful. It was very busy but the staff was not cleaning the tables. Also the juice was orange water so evidently no mix was put into the machine. Ditto on the apple juice. The hot water for the tea was a coffee container so the tea tasted like stale coffee. About the only positive was the friendly and helpful staff but they were but they were not worth the $250+ per night that we paid.

The only thing this property had going for it was its location.

There was NOTHING I didn't like. Would definitely seek out this hotel if we ever return to Savannah.

Very comfortable room, walk in shower, quiet. Breakfast area. Enjoyed our conversations with Forrest Gump, the southern Gentleman, and the WWII hero.

Unfortunately the floors were being re-done the night of our visit, so there was a lot of moved furniture and a paint smell. But the staff were great and put us on the top floor to get away from the smell. As promised, the next morning the floors were finished and beautiful, and the smell was gone.

The beds were very comfortable, and the breakfast was great.

• King Room - Smoking

The pillows were too soft, felt like I chased them around the bed all night. Also the room was supposed to have a 4 hour cleaning for smoking room and we spent all day away from the room only to return and it still smelled bad.

I liked that the manager helped to get our room deodorizer for about 30 minutes. Then followed up with a small gift. She checked on us the following day as well. Great customer care from the manager. Also Teresa the Concierge knows her stuff and went above and beyond to get some contact information for me and my fiance.

• King Studio - Disability Access with Bathtub/Non-Smoking

Only if I have to find something I didn't like to say. The valet parking had our car in the sub-lot and we have a handicap car. That was a bit of an issue for us, especially when the valet was closed but this was St. Paddy's weekend and not a normal weekend.

The room was perfect. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever been in. We were there St. Paddy's weekend and even with all that was going on I didn't hear anything with no hall noise waking me. That has never happened in a hotel EVER. Large and very comfortable. Breakfast was very good with many choices. The staff was good but Jamey Caldwell went out of her way! Excellent service!

This hotel was great and was in walking distance of all the main shops. It was also quiet and didn't have the noise of Bay Street. The staff was friendly too.

The added costs of taxes, self parking, etc, etc, brought our good rate of $159 up to an unreasonable rate of $200! The hotel was very hard to find and the parking was not convenient to the hotel. Too much noice very close to the room.

The room was big, modern, clean, bathroom large and modern. The breakfast room was a large, bright dining room. The variety and quality of the breakfast was very good. The attendant in the breakfast room was very helpful. We liked the ambiance of the historic hotel.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel staff was friendly, welcoming and very helpful ! Room was larger than expected . Beds were very comfortable ! Hotel was in general very beautiful and and inviting with great staff .! What could be better ?

Didn't care for the TV at the side of bed, would rather have TV be at end of bed so it could be watched while lying down without having to watch over spouse's body. Also, would like pastries, sweet rolls, etc. at breakfast, not just muffins, and a larger selection of fruit. Everyone else has Free WiFi, don't want to pay for yours, not worth it.

The rates (fees & taxes) added $57.00 to the confirmed booking rate for a two night stay. The front desk clerk billed my charge card for an extra $50.00 later in the evening. When I inquired about it he said if was for incidentals and that it would be charged back to my card but I'm having a difficult time trying to get it back.

The rooms we clean and comfortable.

I found two insects roaming around the room as we were dressing up to leave the room. I wish I didn't see it, as I am terrified of. I did not mention anything to the front desk, as I am not sure what they could have done about.

I liked the quick check in time, supplies were limitless. They would answer any question at any time of the day, and request to move to a higher floor was granted immediately. They also moved our luggage when room was changed.

Paying to park at property, bathroom had tub/shower, would have preferred walk-in shower. Biggest gripe was failure of hotel to do something with the icy conditions in parking lot and sidewalks (yes, I know Savannah is not used to dealing with snow and ice but conditions around the hotel and it's parking lot were very dangerous). Hotel is part of the Hilton organization and there is no excuse for letting the ice become as dangerous as it was.

Good location for us, excellent breakfast, very roomy room.

Parking was extremely hard to come by, as it is anywhere in Savannah. Had to park far away in another hotel's garage. The shower water also didn't get hot- only warm- both times I showered here and the water pressure was quite weak even after adjustments were made to the shower head.

Best continental breakfast, the food was actually delicious! Friendly staff, comfortable bed.

The mangers on duty way above and beyond to take care of my concerns. I was driving in during a storm and they answered all my questions and assured me my room was available and would be when I could get there.

My husband and I was upgraded to a king suite that was in the middle of the hotel on the fourth floor. The room was huge and beautiful. It was super clean and relaxing. The breakfast was excellent and the staff was wonderful. The manager, Jamey is great at her job and made my husband and I feel welcomed. Can't wait to go again in the summer.

Parking adjacent to building limited. We had to park a block away at a parking garage in the evening for the same price for parking.

Very pleasant staff. Walking distance to the riverfront. Room clean and comfortable. There were fresh cookies set out twice each evening, and complementary coffee/tea/water always available

I was a little put off by the staff, one in particular. She seemed disinterested in working there. I interacted with her twice and was ignored for the longest time before she addressed me. She was not informative and didn't really care if I had my questions answered. Also, what is the deal with the texting and rating your stay? I found that annoying and an invasion of privacy. I got a second text that was more persistent and wanted to be left alone but was not going to get into a texting conversation with someone I didn't know. Stop texting your customers! Parking was super expensive, so I recommend public parking in a garage - so much cheaper. There is a garage down the street on York or Whitaker that are close to the hotel.

The room was large with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was the nicest I had ever seen! Large with standing shower and the sink counter top with plenty of space for my belongings. Great access to cable channels. The breakfast was really delicious with fruit, a waffle bar, and every day there were different breakfast choices such as french toast sticks, omelettes, bacon or sausage to change things up. The location was also great and was very near downtown, so you could walk anywhere without becoming too exhausted from trying to see everything.

Our toilet water ran all the time. It was very quiet, so it was no big deal to us.

The bedroom was very spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious. Every staff member was friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed with my view. Unfortunately they are constructing a building across the street and it obstructed our view of the city. But it will be nice once its complete.

The hotel location is amazing. Walking distance from local restaurants and major landmarks. The breakfast was the best part. It was beyond delicious. Our suite was spacious for my family of 5. We traveled during the winter so we did not get to enjoy the pool but it was kept very clean. They provide free coffee all day long and cookies for the kids in the lobby. I will stay here again.

The bathroom towels could have been softer, but that's about it, and it's not really worth complaining about since we only needed them to shower.

This hotel provided everything we needed and more. We got lucky when our flight was rebooked to leave two hours earlier than expected and were able to check into our room at 11:30 am! That was great so we could freshen up before heading out to explore Savannah. One of my favorite things about the hotel was the complimentary coffee that was always available and the fantastic breakfast that was provided every morning. The food was fantastic! This hotel was also in the perfect location — we walked everywhere we went and were really close to everything we wanted to see and do. I can't recommend this hotel enough!

Parking garage was 2 blocks away so had to walk in the cold rain (poor me!) everything else was awesome

Beautiful interior, wonderful breakfast, the staff was awesome, felt like home

There was no fan in the bathroom so that was a little tough with 3 people in the room. The elevators kept breaking while we were there too. I ended up just taking the stairs the majority of the vacation because I did not want to get stuck. Its understandable because its an old hotel I guess.

The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on at a hotel before. That is actually the reason that I ended up booking with this specific hotel. The reviews on the bed's comfort were amazing. There was also a refrigerator in the room and a TV with cable.

One elevator was out of order; wait time was a little long.

Good location. Visited historic area using the Free DOT service. Also, enjoyed the free ferry ride!

They could use a rubber strip at bottom of room door to block out noise in hallway

Quiet, comfortable, great location, good service, nice breakfast, comfy bed

I was charged more by the hotel than I was quoted on the Booking.com website. Very unhappy! What is the point of using booking.com if the hotels do not have to honor the price?

The accommodations were adequate

Booked "best available ". Got smoking room. Staff very unsympathetic due to fact we didn't book directly. Hotel needs upgrade. Tables in breakfast room were "sticky". Would not recommend

We wanted to be near old Savanah and this location was great. Lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. We also enjoyed the hop on hop off bus tour which is only a block away.

1.The tissue box was almost empty when we checked in and was not refilled the next day when it was empty. 2. The coffee station was not fully replenished, nor were the bathroom toiletries replenished when used. Perhaps this occurred because we did not tip each day. Our intent was to tip at the end of the stay.

Loved the quilt and the comfortable bed. We enjoyed the Bay Street view and noticed very little street noise transfer. The bedroom and bath were very up to date, clean and comfortable. Central to everything. Valet parking was great. We walked everywhere.

Advertised as in the historic district but it is only on the edge of that area so walks to the historic district is somewhat long through city blocks. This is confusing because there are two Hampton’s advertised as in the historic district. There other one is clearly in that district. The elevators were slow due to one that was not operating. Parking is difficult and expensive.

Comfortable room and well kept. Staff was friendly.

breakfast could have been better. choices were better last time I was there

bed was very comfortable coffee was hot and fresh lemonade was great also the fruit water.

Close to a street with busy traffic and room was noisy. No sound proof window. It is high time they consider replacing those clumsy elevators. No restaurant within premises.

Property is bit dated but rooms are very spacious. At the edge of Historic district, location is good.

Air cond. unit was noisy as was the small frig. Didn’t prevent us from sleeping😃

Location was good; we were able to valet park our car for the entire stay and walk or use buses to tour the city. Concierge was helpful. Afternoon lemonade or fruit-infused water was refreshing. Staff was VERY nice.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast fruit was not fresh, tasted like canned goods.

The Valet drivers were very friendly. The front desk employees were very helpful to supply toiletry items and store suggestions with locations because we left our toiletry bag at home.

• King Room - Smoking

I DID NOT LIKE THIS HOTEL. ROOM BOOKED WAS KING SIZE BUT AT THE TIME OF CHECK IN HOTEL STAFF COULD NOT ASSIGN ME THE ROOM AND FINALLY MANAGED TO GET QUEEN SIZE . NOT AT ALL HAPPY .WITH THE HOTEL STAFF.

IN THE DOWN TOWN AREA

Unacceptable that elevators didn’t work. Called for toilet paper at 9pm. Never got any until next day. Had “almonds” on breakfast bar. It was mixed almonds, pecans, walnuts. One of my friends is highly allergic to walnuts. Glad we caught it, could have ruined our trip. They keep housekeeping caddy next to water fountains. Need to put them away

Staff was great. Breakfast was good. Room was clean. Staff was accommodating.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing! 1 elevator for the 3 day stay!! 1 elevator down all weekend!

Bed very comfortable! Room well air-conditioned!! Loved the over all experience!!!

I have 3 charges on my debit card none match my bill and overchagred by 200.00. Private pool party outside my window until midnight.

Very clean well maintained, courteous staff.

Lovely hotel in a wonderful location. Staff couldn't do enough to help especially Michelle who came to help me in the guest laundry and so very helpful and sweet.

I needed to pay for parking. My air conditioner in the room would. wake me up everytime it came on. The carpet squares were hideous. Not a comfortable chair in the room.

The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice. Staff was lovely.

This was the Best Hotel experience I have had in quite some time. The location and room perfect, the staff extremely helpful and the Breakfast Buffet was Awesome!

The carpeting in my room was filthy. I was afraid to take off my shoes. After a long drive I just wanted to eat and go to bed. I waited until I got in bed to take my shoes off but kept my socks on in case I had to get up during the night.

Nice staff

The valet parking service was awful, only one attendant to service all the guests at the hotel (during Labor Day wknd). Had to wait 10-15 mins before the valet attendant delivered the car. Upon return, the valet attendant was nowhere to be found, had to leave the car park on the side of the hotel and drop off the keys at the front desk. Nevertheless, the front desk is quick to charge you the $20 fee a day. You are better off paying to park yourself, it will be quicker and hassle free.

The location of the hotel is excellent, right in the heart of the historic district. Walking distance to the restaurants, historic places, parks, and clubs.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The internet was meh, but that isn't much if an issue since we spent most of our time out and about.

The hotel is nice and very well kept; the room was huge! It is in a great location within walking distance to dining and entertainment.

I advised the staff if these issue. Ice machine did not work for entire flr, had to go to another level for ice, bathroom vent was clogged with lots of dust making it hard to clear mirror after shower, loose carpet tile in bedroom area. Waited for valet who never came and ending up parking car myself on one night. Very limited parking at this location also. Staff very friendly, lobby is beautiful

Very close to the facility I had to attend each day.

Really didn't like location, but that's because I booked wrong location. We should have stayed at Hampton Inn on E Bay. We are older, and with this location; we had to use car services.

Beds were super comfortable. Complimentary breakfast each am was a nice touch - saving us money. Great coffee!

The furniture in the King size room was to high to bend over and tie/buckle my shoes up. A lounge chair in the room would have been better.

The convenience of the hotel in proximity to the city! The concierge did an awesome job! The breakfast was good and plentiful (there was plenty of choices to choose from).

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I stayed on the way to myrtle Beach and the way home as it is half way. Traveled with my elderly wheel chair bound mom, your staff watched us struggling to get outside. No one from staff offered to assist

The hotel needs to have a shuttle to take guests to and from activities. The elevator was out of order during our entire stay. The carpet in our room was in need of repair or replacement.

The front desk was just wonderful from the concierge as well as the people at the desk...so informed and happy to help ...we were very impressed, my husband and I..will be back next year and tell all

I liked the text I received from a hotel staff member that made sure I didn't need anything else to make my stay more comfortable and how that same person followed up and check on me and my co worker again. That was a great added benefit I have never experienced before which made us feel safe in a city that we had never been to before. We loved the city and hotel so much that we would bring our families back for a family vacation and we would stay here again the location was perfect. Thank You for the excellent service!!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking was limited with very little space for checking. Valet parking was great.

Super smooth check in and out. Very nice breakfast selection and good quality. Very nice staff.

Browse Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District traveller photo gallery