Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 South - Gateway 3 stars

591 Al Henderson Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#42 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Too far from downtown Savannah

Hampton Inn closer to downtown would have been much better but rates were too expensive.

The complimentary breakfast was much better than I expected. Variety was awesome.

Comfy pillows and nice room

Thrash cans no liners. No chocolate chips muffins in the breakfast.

Pillows are very comfy. Breakfast was very good. One thing that bothered us, all the thrash cans didn’t have liner bags so we didn’t know , did we supposed to put thrash straight to the thrash cans or should we put the liner bags first but again they did not provide the liner thrash bags.

Really disappointed never coming back to this hotel.

I was really disappointed with our stay. The person at the check in wasn't nice at all (at least to us)? The fourth floor smelled terrible and the same was our room. The ceiling on the halls were dirty and the floors as well. Next morning when we were ready to check out it took us 15 min to finally be able to use the elevator. Only one was working and was being used by guests and housekeeping.

good deal

all went well on this visit

we liked the convience to the venue and also the brreakfast was a plus. we enjoyed the quiet space and also the proximity to the restaurants and gas stations. The front desk staff did an excellent job...I misplaced my room key and they kindly replaced it with no delay

Savannah stay

Nice clean room pool and spa were nice as well. I would recommend not adjusting a/c unit got lil muggy at night in our room.

Location not to far from historic area or Pooler outlets.

Good property

Overall it was a good experience but just not excellent. One of the managers spent a lot of time in the breakfast prep area admonishing a staff member for problems with the staffing and people not reporting. It was within hearing of guests. The comforters are way too heavy which is a corporate issue. I've learned to remove mine and use the blanket in the closet, but there is only one blanket. Next time we'll see if we can get another if we have two beds. Booked through a third party and Hampton overcharged me. Trying to resolve the issue but they did give me credit for the stay on my Hilton Honors.

Easy to get in and out to the highway, fresh cut up fruit on the breakfast bar, good robust coffee, friendly staff, clean, comfortable room. Short people may have a problem with the counter height in the bathroom, though.

I enjoy staying at your properties but now I am reconsidering

The bed got made, did not clean room, did not restock coffe or linen. Had to request towels and to get the room vacuumed. Hallways needed to be vacuumed.

The property was nice, easy to get to. I love the beds and linen.

Good stay! Friendly staff and comfortable beds. Could use a deep cleaning- vanity in bathroom dusty.

This hotel was a bit more expensive than others in this immediate area and after staying here, I’m not sure it’s worth the extra premium.

Quick check in and friendly staff

Our stay was good and we would stay here again.

This Hampton Inn is a good hotel. The staff is courteous and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It is not far from downtown Savannah. Easy access to I-95. Breakfast had a good selection (especially the sausage egg bagel), and the ladies were very courteous. Bed was comfortable.

Won’t be back when we come to Savannah.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

We booked a suite because we were traveling with our family of six. At 9pm ascwe were beginning showers we noticed only 4 towels and went to the front desk to be told that they were out. The hotel elevators were unusually slow.

The bathroom was not cleaned the showers were dirty as well...
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not good the fruit was old or spoiled, not much options, the place needs to be remodeled our jacuzzi tub was peeling, the shower was dirty

The bathroom was not cleaned the showers were dirty as well as our jacuzzi we wanted to enjoy the pool which closed at 10 so we didn’t get to enjoy it

Always clean breakfast disappointing.

Most disappointing breakfast buffet. Half of the food was empty and unable to enjoy some of our favorites that make breakfast outstanding.

Always stay at Hampton Inn. Know the rooms will be clean and comfortable.

iF YOU ARE GOING TO OFFER BREAKFAST BETWEEN 6-10AM, MAKE SURE THERE IS BREAKFAST AT 8:30.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There were two people at the front desk, but only one was checking people in. It took twenty minutes to check in. The room's air conditioner never cooled off the room to where it was comfortable. Breakfast was non-existent. There were no eggs or sausage made. Guests were told that food was coming, but after forty minutes of just drinking coffee, no hot food items never appeared. There were waffles to make, but no syrup or butter. There was no milk for the cereal or oatmeal. The juice dispenser was empty. Instead of offering cheese omelets for breakfast, put out some scrambled eggs so there will be some food for the guests. Only saw one worker in the breakfast area, but she seemed more concern with cleaning tables. VERY DISAPPONITING!

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

The perfect overnight stay!

The Fitness Room was very nice. The hot breakfast was excellent and the lady working there was very friendly. We wanted a location near the interstate and this worked out perfectly. There were several restaurants for dinner just a short walk away.

Terrible

The room was dirty, after my children showered and walked in the carpet it turned their feet black. Pool was closed and was not made aware of it on website or at front desk.( pool was reason for staying at location). Not happy with stay at all.

Overall awesome safe location and comfy stay. All kind of good food places near and The Shell House

That they decided to do chemical work on the pool while we were there and my son didn't get to swim the second night. The indoor pool is the reason I booked this hotel in Feb.

As always the beds are a like sleeping in a cloud. Love the cozy comforters.

Good food.

Need more handicap parking spaces You seem to think highly of you preferred customers. Need the same regard for handicap patrons.

Good food. Good staff nice accommodations

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

We left 5 good quality water bottles in our room fridge. Rang the hotel 30 mins after check out and were told we could collect them on our way back through however the drink bottles went ‘mysteriously’ missing. Obviously as a result of dishonest staff. We were then told by reception that we must not have left them behind as though we are ‘stupid’. It’s a shame as it is otherwise a good hotel.

I️ will not be staying here again.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi in my room looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since the last guest stayed in the room. It was disgusting. Also, my room was HOT even on 60 degrees. The AC unit kept turning off even though it wasn’t 60 degrees yet in my room. I️ understand that 60 degrees is very low but we tried the temp at 68 degrees before we were just sweating in the room and had to turn it down. We had to call maintenance twice and each time the air would come back on as soon as they got in the room to help us fix the problem and as soon as they would leave it would cut off and we would sweat more literally just sitting on the bed in no covers. The mini fridge in our room was not cold AT ALL. I️ didn’t pay 150$ for one of the nicest rooms at the hotel in order to be hot all night with no solution besides the fan from housekeeping. It was ridiculous how dirty the jacuzzi was.

Nice staff

Excellent.

breakfast was not good. Stayed at a place with breakfast but that breakfast was not good. we walked through but then walked out. eggs were like little pebbles and the sweet rolls were hard. other than the breakfast it was okay.

Overall good!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

I saw two roaches in the bathroom, and all day our second day there an awful smell was in the air across the whole hotel.

The room was spacious and the beds were incredibly comfortable.

Very convenient location, restaurants in close proximity to hotel. Friendly staff.

The room smelled like a smoker's room; the shower door was a hazard and the bathroom needed upgrading.

The breakfast was very good - much better than other Hampton Inns in which I have stayed. Staff very friendly. Sheets clean, etc.

Our stay at Hampton Inn Gateway to Savannah

The pool is clean however it's closed in and its hot in there. There were no pool towels twice and we had to use hand towels.

Our room is always neat and clean. The beds and pillows are comfy.

The staff was friendly it was in a good location
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that it stated it was 9 miles away from the riverboat when it was actually 16 miles away.

The staff was friendly it was in a good location

I didn't like the fact I booked via booking.

I didn't like the fact I booked via booking.com for one rank then checking in at the hotel all my reservation info was received but rates were much higher.

mnicholas
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

there was no grits which is one of my favorite breakfast item and no veggie or chicken/turkey meat products for those who do not eat pork

the breakfast was ok only wish they could extend the hours to 11 for late sleepers

Bed was comfy, nice view
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

We checked in on Monday and left Thursday they didn't come in to make the bed or do any cleaning either day. Also,breakfast was supposed to end at 10 but most things were put away/empty by 9:30.

Bed was comfy, nice view

Disappointed with Booking
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

When making reservations with Booking I don't get any Hilton Honors Points. Therefore will not be using Booking for Hilton, Holiday Inn, or Country Inns and Suites hotels. Very disappointed!!!!!!

The kids loved the pool, the staff, the coffee station at...

The bathroom was outdated, some loose titles , and the pillows were hard and flat

The kids loved the pool, the staff, the coffee station at the entrance had always warm coffee it was very nice specially at night . The location is very convenient

Needs updating and repairs

The room smelled musty. The tile on the bathroom floor was loose and the grout between the tiles was broken. The shower/tub floor was very slippery. The towels were stored across the room under the sink. When reaching for a towel my feet slipped out from under me. Had the toilet seat not been down, I would have hit my head very hard against the porcelain bowl.

Very clean.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Kids where knocking on people doors then running. Coffee in downstairs lobby wasn't hot.Very expensive for military veterans.

Very clean. Friendly staff. Kid friendly. My kids & spouse enjoyed.

Don't skip the breakfast!
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Great advice for dinner, and the breakfast was outstanding, along with the friendliness of the ladies who prepared it. We often look at the offerings, then proceed to an outside location for breakfast, but this place was the exception. A+ for taste, cleanliness, and cheerfulness.

Weekend stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The APPLEBEE'S next door. STAY AWAY!!

Location of the property is great. A good selection of restaurants in the area and close to some great shopping. The customer service is excellent at this location. I was really impressed with our morning breakfast experience. The food was excellent, fresh and stayed stocked. The Breakfast staff was very pleasant and personable.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Loved our Anniversary Trip to Savannah
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The breakfast after a certain time was not well stocked. Also, the last day the coffee wasn't as good. I think whoever was on breakfast that morning was just not doing well. The other days breakfast was great. We didn't particularly like our shower as the shower head wasn't the best, but overall, we really liked this hotel.

The beds were super comfortable. The breakfast was good. The first two breakfasts of our stay were great, but the last one was lacking a lot of stuff, granted we got there about 45 minutes before breakfast ended, but it would have been nice if they had stocked a bit better near the end. The service was great and the rooms were clean. Very nice hotel. Super close to the highway so we could get around great and there are a ton of good restaurants right by the hotel. We REALLY liked Hoolihans.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Clean, great service and comfortable
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The front desk girl ( Sasha) was extremely friendly. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was great. There is an Applebee's in the hotel's parking lot

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Needs some work
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Closet door broke.. staff not friendly.. updating would be a good thing.. breakfast was horrible

Not much.. stayed I a whole lot better Hampton.. this one was a disappointment

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Good all around hotel

nothing that I can think of

Convenient to freeway but not too close to hear the noise. Comfortable beds, adequate breakfast, lots of restaurants and other hotels, gas, etc. in the same area. About 15 min to downtown.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The place to enjoy Savannah the BEST!!!

The stay was too short!! On the way to The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC...

Location & comfort, but had breakfast @ Perkins practically across the street check out morning... I wish to be credited with my Hilton points on my account please & thank you! Michael A Gorsetman Coral Gables, Florida 33146

Just a bit too far away from the Historic District

The hotel was excellent, very clean, beautiful suites and all the staff was very nice!! I will stay there again....

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

L
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Our sink plugged up but wasn't drastic...We had the bar sink LOVEING the SOUTH..

Roomy suite...Comfy beds.. Wonderful personable staff .. Especially Gregory...But ALL were great...

Smelly bedroom.

Smelly bedroom. They did not do anything about it until the last day we were there even though I let the front desk know how uncomfortable the smell was.

Nothing it was the worst place I've ever stayed in.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Everything! Will never stay here again. The staff and hotel where horrible. Not fit for a dog to stay there.

Nothing it was the worst place I've ever stayed in. Horrible conditions and mean and rude staff!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Outstanding customer service! Super employees!
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

We loved the staff. The front office was amazing helping us to our room for an early check in without us asking so we could spend the day out and not have to come back early. The person over house keeping even went to specifically to see what rooms were ready a head of time. Over all a fantastic experience!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Overall very good experience. Would definitely stay again. But they need more comfortable beds.

My husband felt the bed was way to firm for someone with back problems. So he didn't sleep well.

Staff was very friendly. Room was very spacious. Breakfast was very good. Very clean atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

How about installing murphy bed in lieu of Sofa bed when there are 5 to 6 family members in one room
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The pullout sofa bed was the worst ever. When a family must sleep 5 then other options should be available other than pull out sofa bed. OR Hotel could upgrade their sofa bed to a murphy type bed that would allow space and the comfort of a true bed. Thank you.

Size of room

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

I love staying at Hampton Inn whenever I travel but I was highly disappointed with this stay.

It was not as clean as I expected. Checked in and went to the room. The bathroom was not completely clean so I asked for another room. I was given another room but this room had a bad odor, no trash bags in trash cans, shower curtain was nasty, chair in bedroom was completly stained, walls was dirty and carpet need cleaning.

The staff was very friendly. Staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Overnight stay on our travel south for the season

There was a little odor as we entered the room, maybe dirty carpets. I hate carpets for this reason but nothing else would work in hotels

The comfort of the beds and their cleanliness We always stay here on our way from VA to FL. Great place and secure. Staff very friendly Thanks

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Everything was great.

I saw one pet owner walk there dog into the food area. I didn't like that. I am not an animal hater but don't like pets around my food.

Everything was great.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great staff BUT warning on the jetted tub room.
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Our jetted tub looked dirty and the drainage hole seemed to stink...we would wake up to a sewage smell (it seemed like) and was VERY unpleasant. I noticed the same smell when the cleaning ladies would make their rounds in the morning so im not sure where the smell was really coming from.... The room initially smelled old and stale.

Great location, restaurants like Applebee's, Ihop, and Ruby Tuesday's are with in a walking distance. Staff was VERY friendly!Especially the room service ladies! Gas stations are also close! City market is about a 20min drive away. Walmart is about 10mins away.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Very Disappointing
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

My reservation was not what I payed for when I made it , I asked for 2 king bed suite with sofa bed. Upon arrival a lady I couldn't understand with NO name tag said she was sorry but only had a 1 king bed with sofa bed. She acted as though it was funny " wasn't funny to me" ! The lady Candice was trying very hard to help but no one would listen to her suggestions. Also no one told me everyone else staying in the hotel that weekend were there for a family reunion ...which in turn we couldn't get any service because staff was to busy accommodating the families. Never any coffee in the lobby for 3days , No drinks to purchase, no room to have breakfast. And the rooms had NO trash bags in the one small trash can provided..I'm not someone that complains I can usually find more good in things and let the bad go. I just feel my family was cheated on this trip and it is very disappointing. I'm a Christian and I love everyone and try myour best to get along , I made no complaints on our trip and tried to let things go, but although I can forgive the shortcomings as a Christian, I just can't forget them ..now that I have vented have a blessed day and I pray no other families have the same experience, God Bless

I liked the location and 2 staff members Gregory and Candice were great ...not much more

Wonder stay at the Hampton Inn!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Very convenient, clean and relaxing.

More food choices.

It was very clean and comfortable

It was very clean and comfortable

The breakfast was excellent and was well stocked with a...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The breakfast was excellent and was well stocked with a variety of food items. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I had a wonderful stay.

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Very helpful and friendly staff. I would recommend to family and friends.

Slow elevators. We found previous guest socks behind a side table.

Staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Location was great as well.

bed kind of hard but nice and clean

bed kind of hard but nice and clean

COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER!

NOTHING.

BREAKFAST WAS GREAT.

Good stay

A little pricey

Everything was great

clean

clean

We found it hard to get around the area.

We thought we were scheduled to be picked up for tour on the trolley, but after waiting one hour we drove ourselves.

Easy access to food, shopping

No dislikes

Easy access to food, shopping

Everything was great water in cooler in pool area would be...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Need extra pillow and blankets in suites

Everything was great water in cooler in pool area would be nice and bigger pool towels

Unfriendly staff. Old Building

Room Decore and space.

Bed was too soft

Room Decore and space. Desperate areas in bathroom. Nice staff. Close to expressway.

Friendly staff and a comfortable, convenient stay - we’ll be back!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The room accommodated our family of 5 in comfort. The kids loved the pool. The location close to the highway was very convenient.

It was good.

Bed not comfortable.

Had a variety for good breakfast.

The location was great.

The hotel was in need of some updates. It is showing its age

The location was great.

Room were extremely comfortable and clean!
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Room were extremely comfortable and clean!!!

The place was conveniently located and very satisfied with...

The wireless kept dropping

The place was conveniently located and very satisfied with the room and staff

Convenient location, would probably stay again

The room smelled as if someone had smoked in it.

Safe and convenient
    • King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

It was a good experience

Bed was ok breakfast was included no

Good stay

The Wi-Fi was horrible

The room was clean and bed was comfy.

Staff was not friendly and they chased us out of the breakfast area at 10 of 10 worst Hampton inn

Earning points

Earned points

Great experience

Elevator was kind of sketchy

The atmosphere