Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle-Downtown 3 stars

700 Fifth Avenue North, Queen Anne, Seattle, WA 98109, USA

#30 of 89 hotels in Seattle

the place was under construction, very hard to realise it was our hotel as the whole place was plastic wrapped. we went around the block with gps a few times. the construction also started very early.... probably the reason everyone descended upon breakfast at similar times.

the room, once we got one that wasnt under construction was good, very comfortable. the man manning the desk was fantastic. so helpful. its very handy to the space needle and within walking distance, with a good bus stop outside also. local amentities are close also. breakfast was good. the staff super friendly

• King Suite Accessible Room with Balcony

The construction at the property was the only downfall!

Great room and staff was very helpful. The property is close to everything at the Seattle Center and short walk to Pier 70 and pikes market. If you like walking you’ll love the location.

• King Suite

Hate “exit only” doors they should have the room key scan entrance at all this doors to get to our room quicker rather then have to wall all the way around other then that it was great

Location was great

Didn’t do breakfast ends too early! Should last at least til 11:00am! Hotel was under construction rut was a mess! And no indoor pool was very disappointing! Paying that much money you should a pool!!!

Not much at all

• King Suite

The room was ok, too bad the entire place was under construction. Wish they'd mentioned it as I'd have stayed elsewhere. The entrance and the entire parking lot were a mess, all the clanging on the metal scaffolding at 3:45am, and the $50 pre-charge for incidentals ("to be subtracted later, if none purchased") all contribute to my less-than-pleased review of our stay here

• King Suite Accessible Room with Balcony

The hotel is undergoing renovations but it didn’t bother us at all.

Reyna in my he breakfast kitchen was excellent! She made sure that the food was fully stocked for all guests and was very attentive. Personal at the front desk was very helpful and friendly, they made sure they met our expectations and provided our every need. The rooms were cleaned daily and well kept.

Room charges for the 3 days did not match with our "guarantee" with Booking.com. When I pointed this out at check-out, the attendant was not helpful and was not willing to go over my billing. He said I would receive an e-mail receipt which I did, but the charges are $110 over what Booking.Com guaranteed us. I will continue to try and work this out between Hampton and Booking.com

Check in staff were very helpful and loads of fun (Bruce). We were provided a couple of tickets to events in Seattle that we very much enjoyed. Location for walking and public transportation was very good.

• King Studio

Pricier than I expected with the price, fees taxes, etc., A bit hard to maneuver around with construction and two elevators, but with the map it was fine. Good luck with the remodel - it will look great!

Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff member (guy, Saturday night, I'm sorry I forgot his name) was so nice and welcoming - nice with a late arrival. I slept really well, breakfast was fine. Thank you!

• King Suite Accessible Room with Balcony

The man checking me in was rude & made it his main concern to call my room to make sure we paid for parking before settling in. Also the building was under construction & there were no areas to smoke so we had to leave the property to do so.

• King Suite

The hotel was undergoing a big renovation that we were not warn beforehand. Also the parking fee was more expensive that what it said on the confirmation email.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We need go a long long way and make three turns to reach our room.

The people at front desk is friendly and helpful. A guy named Trey came to help us with the air conditioning. He is helpful. Breakfast is ok, though not many kinds. It was quiet outside when we were sleeping, but the air conditioning is a bit noisy. No big deal.

The remodel that was underway is badly needed. Our room had not yet been renovated and was dated and very worn out, including the bed. I'm confident that as soon as the remodel has made it's way through the facility that it'll be one of the best in the area. You can see some of the upgrades already taking shape and it's beautiful.

The staff makes the best of a difficult situation with the remodel underway. Breakfasts were fresh and tasty. Location was perfect for all the central tourist attractions, which we love. All walking distance. (3-4 short city blocks). Despite being under construction, there was no noise from that.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Maybe offer bacon or sausage with breakfast. Otherwise a great value.

The gentleman that did Maintnance was amazingly kind and helpful! He even managed to get us an upgrade in our room! We were very grateful for his kindness and consideration.

Construction was a lot of construction going on.

The staff. I met Bruce at the front desk and that shaped my experience. I can truly say that he was the most polite, helpful and respectful person that I have ever done business with. I will stay there simply because of him.

• King Studio

The living room area of our king suite was not well lit. It made reading difficult. The internet was frustratingly spotty. We did not pay the $5 extra for high speed internet- next time we will.

The staff were friendly and helpful, very professional. Hotel location is close enough to downtown to leave your car and walk or take the monorail at nearby Seattle Center. First morning's breakfast offered tasty western omelets. The bathroom was modern, bright and very nice. The location is one block from a QFC grocery so we grabbed dinner to eat in our room on a cold rainy night. There are several restaurants nearby within walking distance.

staff during the check in was rude and not friendly. Avoid to do you check in with Mr. Bruce. The room was dirty and needs an urgent up. the breakfast is poor and the tables always dirty.

the location only

I do not care for turkey breakfast meats 😔

This was my second time staying there. The accommodations were great. I mainly like this hotel for its location. When in Seattle, i will definitely stay there whenever I can.

Hotel charged an extra $50 on my card at midnight. I was not informed this would happen when we arrived. The morning staff was not nice about it, but eventually said she would reverse the charge immediately. However it wasn't and will still will take 4-5 days since they "don't do their books" until Monday morning. Questionable & Disappointed us greatly! The rest of our stay had been excellent. We should have just been informed up front & not a big deal.

The bed was super comfy with soft down blankets! Breakfast had good variety and cooked items were tasty! Room was very clean. Most staff were friendly & helpful!!

Parking is at $20/night and it's VERY small. We have a compact car, and we were barely able to park. I had to ask my husband to park the car, and it even took him quite a while to do it.

The Staff was the best especially the lady working in the front desk, Kristine, she was awesome! I'd say she went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and all our needs are met. The breakfast was also great and I love that they have flowing coffee, tea, and hot chocolate throughout the day; perfect for the chilly weather in Seattle. Those small touches make your stay extra special.

The hotel smells awful, whatever is being sprayed in all the common areas stinks,we couldn't breathe, hurts the throat. Other people complained as well. The rooms smell like smoke even though they are non smoking. Terrible old duvets, bedding should be updated. The sound travels from room to room and hallways, no privacy.

Not much at all

• King Suite

We stayed for 4 nights and had a really good experience here! Staff were very friendly and the hotel is in a good location (close to the Space Needle). Breakfast was included and I loved how much selection there was!

• King Suite

The manager Bruce was amazing. When I showed up at the hotel, he had not received my reservation from booking.com, and had no rooms available. He gave us the room anyway, and bent over backward to be helpful. He called booking.com and asked for my information and put it into his system.

The room we were in was close to the lobby which got really loud in the mornings. My room was also across from the pantry where staff enter/exit to prepare for breakfast. The amount of noise in the section of the hotel made it hard to sleep in when needed.

The staff was very tentative and made me feel welcome. Having the ability to also watch clothes on site is great. The location of this hotel make it easy to walk to a lot of attractions such as the Museum of Pop Culture, Chuhuly Gardens, the Space Needle and more. There is also a great coffee/breakfast place and plenty of restaurants around the hotel within walking distance.

Plastic plates and cutlery for breakfast?? However, it does say on it that it's degradable in certain facilities. Don't know if there's one around Seattle as i forgot to ask

Staff were nice and professional

Having to pay for parking. I know it is common practice in the hospitality industry but it is detrimental to the fostering of customer loyalty.

Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Free breakfast. Convenient location. Close to Seattle Centre and an enjoyable ride on the Monorail above 5th Avenue to the heart of downtown Seattle.

No complaints!

Very nice room, very clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast and service in dining area. Front desk very accommodating, friendly and courteous.

the price

Over priced. No in a good area. Too hard to get around without a car. Room did not match the description we were paying for. Our reservation said double room and it wasn't. Won't visit there again. Very over priced. There was no where to eat unless you took a taxi.

• King Suite

When we arrived the sweetest man said there was a problem with our reservation, toying with me he gave us an upgrade. What a wonderful surprise. Our stay was nothing short of perfect! Thank you to the whole staff but an extra special thank you to our gentleman who checked us in!

The breakfast room was a bit small given the number of guests. Although at different times it was freely available - picking the time is the trick.

The location is great - easy walking access to the Needle, downtown and even the Pike markets can be walked to. The size of the room we had was excellent and all amenities in the room were clean and tidy.

Facility was dated and needs an update. Breakfast was typical hotel fare. I needs some more variety.

. Staff was very helpful! Landry machines in hotel was a plus as was underground parking.

• Queen Studio with Kitchen

The property is dated. It could use an update of the rooms, etc.

Hamptons are normally great - my favorite brand. The staff was excellent. The location is good for tourist activities.

They did not have 2 double beds as requested and guaranteed. The msnager argued that it was bookings fault. We waited 45 minutes before they can move around rooms

It was in the vicinity of everything, very easy to walk to

A shuttle to and from the airport would have been nice.....

The breakfast was great, lots of choices. The beds were very comfortable. The room was large with plenty of room for unpacking and repacking.

• King Suite

bed is comfortable, room is good size and hotel location is close to a food supermarket, which is good for a family suite with kitchen. All hotel staffs are kind. good experience

• King Suite

When you book on Booking.com there are a lot of hidden hotel fee's that are not revealed to you until you get there, such as: 15% tourist hotel tax levied on all guest. Also, 20.00 a night parking(blatant rip off). And 2.00 a night fee for something (forgot). My four day stay there was an added 275.00 dollars.

The suite was excellent. Kitchenette made things easy to prepare food for outings. Could not ask for anything more. Free HBO was nice too. Parking was secure underground. Also, we used the laundry room on the floor. Every floor has a laundry room and ice room. Breakfast was super good. Waffles, eggs, sausages, toast, plenty for everyone. And pretty clean. A worker is always there cleaning up the breakfast area and bringing plenty of food out. Great location to stay. Within 7 minutes walking to space needle & monorail to go downtown. Cost is 4.00 roundtrip to go downtown. Duckboat is across from space needle, as well as Hop on Hop off trolley.

I felt the room was a tad overpriced, but I think it was just because there were a few concerts/conferences going on the weekend we visited.

Great location, friendly staff, complimentary breakfast/coffee and cookies at night. The room was also very spacious and the bed very comfortable. Would stay here again!

One day our room didn't get cleaned-we had our "do not disturb" sign out at breakfast, but took it down when we left for the day. When we got back at 10pm, we were sad that our room was still in the same condition we had left it in at 10am.

Friendly staff-I needed three stamps and they gave them to me and mailed the postcards for me! At breakfast each day there was a lady handing out little bottles of water which we really appreciated.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Cost was high and then we were charged for parking which seemed pretty ridiculous... no wonder the garage is almost empty. The rooms were okay but not nearly what you would expect for the price.

• King Suite

They did seem to skimp on some things in their renovations that I think would have made it seem right up there with the fancy downtown hotels--like putting in a new tub to match the new tile and sink in the bathroom and maybe a pull-out couch that didn't look like it was from the 70s!

Nice upgrades to the room and awesome staff. Close to all the fun things around the Space Needle but definitely a healthy walk to downtown and Pike's. It was nice to not be in the hectic part of town but be close enough though! Perfect to Uber or Lyft around if you don't want to walk a ton.

The price per night. But I think Seattle is expensive at all hotels. It was crowded at breakfast. The pillows were too soft for me.

Staff was very helpful. We were able to walk to several tourist attraction. Breakfast food was good. I would stay here again.

The bathroom vanity had absolutely no counter space to get ready. Zero! Room was outdated for the price of the hotel, but overall good place to stay

The extras. Water, cookies, breakfast

• King Suite

Staff was very friendly; room was clean and equipped with everything we needed. Breakfast was fine, just a bit crowded with so many hotel guests. Hard to get to the food items. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Two Queen Beds - Accessible - Roll In Shower

Great Location. Easy walk to most sites in Seattle. Breakfast was OK. Really liked the fruit infused water in lobby - very refreshing. Did everything well for a moderately priced hotel

• King Studio

Bedding wasn't much to my liking. Pillows we're firm and bedding for pull out bed had some type of weird order.

Great location for attending events around the Space needle and Key Arena.Staff was friendly from check in to check out.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

A/c was hit and miss plus it was 100 degrees in the city(heat wave). We are traveling with 5 kids and the breakfast are is pretty tight and packed in the morning. The second day I made single trips down.

Walking distance to space needle and city center. Far enough out of the city so you aren't stuck in crazy city traffic.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King Studio

Thin walls. Multiple nights ppl next door were loud late into the night. Also, room was next to a staff-use room and they were loud during morning hours at times (not as bad as the ppl next door though). It wasn't a problem for those in the bedroom but since I was on the pull out couch, I heard everything.

Close to Space Needle and other attractions (walking distance...saved on parking). Liked being close to QFC (grocery store) since we had a mini kitchen in our room. Cookies were great, clean room.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• King Suite Accessible Room with Balcony

The hotel is very spread out. I actually got lost/confused a few times. I did not like having to pay $20 a night for parking. I'm already paying for a room, why should I pay to park there?

I did not eat at the restaurant. The room was great. Very large and spacious. It was within walking distance of the Space Needle, Chihouly Glass Garden and EMF,the music museum. They are all right next to each other.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

It was all just fine.

Just a quick check-in/check-out to see the Mothership/Black Pussy/Beastmaker/Slow Season/Year of the Cobra show at The Funhouse. Got in late. Ordered Pizza. Crashed. It was ideal.

The cloth chair in our room was worn and stained. We did not want to sit on it or put any of our belongings on it. Chairs should be replaced long before the condition gets that bad. We did mention the chair when we checked out of the hotel. The carpeting looked and felt old.

The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The breakfast was better than expected.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• King Suite

We loved the staff at how efficent they were and every morning my mom and aunt would be greeted with smiles and good mornings....and they were up by 4 am every morning!!!!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

You could hear floor squeaking and other noises when the person above you moved. Room 410 was ours.

The staff was great. They took extra time and always smiling.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The entire staff goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful. There were many small but appreciated perks like having umbrellas to borrow, snack bags to take, warm cookies waiting, and always a smile and welcome back to the hotel. Would stay there on any trip to Seattle!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

It can't be held against the hotel but I didn't like transportation to and from the airport. $45-50 for taxi or $30-35 for Uber.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast each day was filling and tasted good. The location was great, Only 1 block from a grocery store and 3 blocks from the museums and Space Needle. I felt completely safe walking around. Perfect for those traveling on vacation.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I had a very unpleasant start to my stay! I booked a Double room thinking it was 2 separate sleeping spaces only to fine out it meant 2 beds in one room. What a shock. It cost me $271.00 for the upgrade. A hard lessoned learned.

Absolutely nothing!

The staff were amazing! Kind, very friendly, personable and respectful! Always attentive to guests :) Ps. the breakfast was delicious!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Front desk was very helpful especially when I asked for recommendations to near by restaurants and places to see. Hotel and room was very clean & safe , staff is super pleasant and the variety of breakfast choices were great. Location was perfect for me, parking was always available. I especially enjoyed the fruit infused water that was available to drink. And lastly, they provided cookies every night!!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

The staff were extremely polite. I appreciated the complimentary treats; bottled water, cookies, coffee/hot drinks, and the morning to go breakfast snacks. What I appreciated the most was how quickly staff responded to an uninvited street person. Staff quickly noticed he was not a guest and worked quickly, quietly and politely on escorting the person out of the hotel. I am thankful staff let this person keep his breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Walls are very thin. Could hear the conversations of our neighbors. Parking spaces are extremely tight. Was worried about my rental car being damaged although it was well within the designated space.

• King Suite

Could not get concierge assistance in recommending restaurants for dinner. We were unfamiliar with what was available in the area.

Close location to Seattle Center. Breakfast available in the morning.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• King Suite

A bit of a walk to the room and if you choose the wrong staircase you couldn't make it to your room.

Close to Space Needle. Able to park a large vehicle.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• King Suite

Breakfast quality was low. For example, fruit was not fresh and over-ripped, utensils were made of cheap plastic and often broke while in use, and breakfast meats like the turkey sausage were not tasteful.

Facilities and location were generally acceptable.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

On booking the quoted hotel cost on checkout inflated by 18% by state tax, city tax and tourism tax. Next time I read the small print.

Expected Hampton standard. Breakfast better than most. Easy walk to Space Needle

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We had a 2 bedroom suite and there was only one bathroom on the opposite side of the bedrooms. There should have been 2 bathrooms and it should have been adjacent to bedrooms. Also, there were no dressers in either bedroom.

Staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The pillows are terrible! Little squares!!! The walls are thin -- we could hear ppl in the halls talking and coughing all night!

The location was GREAT -- easy to walk to the Space Needle, many restaurants, the Ducks and Pike's Place!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Walls are a little thin. Ask for upper floor. Commented to staff and they made it right.

Great breakfast and service, that I have come to expect from Hampton Inn. Very clean. Amazing house staff and concierge.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Two Queen Beds - Accessible - Roll In Shower

Staff was rude and not accommodating to our needs. Because of booking through 3rd party. Will never go back...

The location is great! The beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Leaving! But we'll be back!

Came for a Halloween show at Teatro Zinzanni just down the way. We found the Hampton Inn. Friendly staff, easy access, centrally located, clean rooms, spacious, great beds and bedding, big showers.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was horrible. My reservation said I had 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and there was only 1 bathroom. There wasn't enough seating available for breakfast. Everything was worn and dirty.

Bottled water

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• King Suite

We placed the 'do not disturb' sign on the door. The morning we were due to check out, our door was knocked on once & opened twice by housekeeping. All beginning at 8. Check out wasn't til noon.

The club chairs in the room are a nice change from the usual hard desk chair. Additionally,the towels & linens didn't smell strongly of bleach. I understand why hotels use it, but the smell is often overpowering.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

2 bathrooms would be perfect.

Great loaction,nice room, comfortable beds. Perfect for family trip. They offer free coffee and tea, which is a huge plus.we will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Great location, just blocks away from EMP and needle. Very helpful and friendly staff. Good variet for breakfast and coffee available all day. Well appointed and comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Suite

The odor in the linens like a chemical smell,a newer updated hideabed would have been nice. I had the same problem staying in a hotel on the Oregon coast with a chemical smell in the Linens so I know it's something you use in the wash but overall our stay was wonderful

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Suite

Furnishings were somewhat dated. Hallways were dark. Lobby wasn't very inviting.

Very roomy suite. Convenient location. On-site, covered parking that was not valet.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Suite

The room was extremely clean and a great size (Fyi - I checked for bed bugs right away and couldn't find anything). The King size bed was very comfortable and we barely heard any noise around us during our entire stay. The complimentary breakfast was better than any I've had before (fresh waffles, cereal, bagels, eggs, etc). The staff were all so friendly and helpful. We came from Vancouver to watch two Mariners games and we took a cab to Safeco field which cost us about $12-15 each time depending on traffic. The underground parking at the hotel was $15 per day or you could park outside in their lot for $5 a day. There is a Shell gas station and a dominos pizza right around the corner which was handy. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

we were very satisfied

we enjoyed the location. The facilities were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was good. Love the cookie at desk~ a nice touch!!

Browse Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle-Downtown traveller photo gallery