Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa-North 3 stars

#10 of 120 hotels in Tampa

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great Hotel
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

There isn't much not to like, our only gripe or should I say my sons was that the sofa bed was very uncomfortable.

Great value for money for our family of 5. On checking in we got told as it was Wednesday there's a complimentary bbq with wine and beer which was a great added extra. The breakfast is great and plenty full and it's location to Busch Gardens is approximately 10mins. This was our 3rd time staying here and we'd definitely stay again.

Best Family stay in Tampa

The location is excellent and in a quiet area. The staff was extremely accommodating, kind and welcoming. The bed was heavenly, I suffer from back pain and I slept like a baby. Overall, this is a great place to stay especially if you are travelling with children.

Play at Busch Gardens, but EAT HERE for FREE DINNER and FREE BREAKFAST and save $$
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

I had originally requested either 2 queen beds, or a king bed and a pull out sofa in the room. When we arrived, we were first offered a room with only a king bed. A quick aside to the front desk and we were immediately given our choice...we opted for the king with the pull out sofa bed in the room. So it did work out just fine!

Delightfully unexpected FREE chicken tenders DINNER with HEALTHY options (salad choices consisting of fresh, raw brocolli, sliced carrots, lettuce, lovely, ripe sliced tomatoes, and cooked green beans) was served 5:30-7pm the day we arrived. We had planned to go to Busch Gardens and eat there that evening, but we can't pass up FREE. And it was delicious too. Not to mention the famous Hampton Inn breakfast the next morning...waffles station/bagels as you like 'em/cooked oatmeal with all the add-ins (almonds, brown sugar, butter, cranberries); ready to eat assorted cereals/do it yourself grits/ hot buffet of scrambled eggs with cheese/small potatoes/assorted FRESH raspberries, grapes, strawberries, bananas, mandarins, Your choice of fruit juices/hot coffee/tea/water/fruit-infused waters. WOW! We weren't hungry again until lunch time. Thanks for helping this family celebrate mom's birthday on budget and in style!

Great staff, great location, good value, and very clean
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Mattresses are kinda hard and pillows were too squishy. While breakfast is good, dinner is sometimes hit or miss.

Great staff, great location, good value, and very clean

EXCELLENT THE BEST
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The breakfast is excellent very complete, It has a lot of variety. The cleaning is perfect. The people who do the cleaning very friendly and are very aware that everything is 1A. I recommend it 100%

We found a hidden gem in Tampa!

We found a hidden gem in Tampa!! The staff was all very friendly. The price was great deal including breakfast! Not just oatmeal and Waffles they had eggs and sausage. Also for any lactose intolerant guests they had creamer for the coffee not just half and half score! The hotel is located right next to a Starbucks for the extra shot of caffeine if needed! The area is beautiful right next to a Park and safe. No loud guests or cops which is in most of the reviews I read for Tampa hotels. Thank you Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa North our stay was awesome!

Very nice place

Plastic plates, forks and spoons.

We very met by very friendly and helpful staff, our room was spacious and clean, breakfast was good and there was tea/coffee in the lobby available any time.

Wonderful

Eggs seemed like they were pre-made frozen food. The rest was great!

Staff was super friendly!!! Steve did an awesome job getting us checked in! We were there for our daughters graduation from USF.

Best stay in Tampa!!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There is really only one word to describe my family's experience at this hotel...PERFECT!!! My wife and I stayed for two nights to celebrate our daughters 6th birthday at nearby Busch Gardens and we could not have had a better stay anywhere. The staff and service here is well beyond any ratings you could ever read or give. The hospitality and friendliness of the front desk, food service attendants, housekeeping, and shuttle service is like you are staying in a 5 star resort...exceptional and impeccable! They were there for our every need like their excellent complimentary  shuttle service to the reccomedations of local restaurants in the area! And to top it off they made my daughter feel like a princess with little surprises for her throughout our stay. I will never stay anywhere else again when visiting Tampa. You don't need to read any other reviews...book this hotel...NOW!

Conveniently located, clean, friendly staff, everything you need!!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Nothing, it was awesome, could only be better if they gave us a coupon for our next stay, LOL

I chose this hotel because of its location, conveniently near Busch Gardens, however, I can truly say it exceeded our expectations, the staff was extra friendly and nice, the room was comfortable, the beds were delicious, the complimentary shuttle service to Busch Gardens was an awesome plus, and it was really close to many restaurants and eateries, for all budgets. I have to say the hotel looked even better in person than it did in pictures, we are a big family (4 adults, 2 children, and 1 baby) and they had a room perfect for us (2 queen beds, 1 sofa bed + a crib), most hotels had turned us down, they said we exceeded the number of guests per room, but we are a family and we didn't want to sleep in separate rooms, and now we are happy to be turned down by those other places because it helped us find this treasure. Without a doubt, we won't even be looking further on our next trips to Tampa!!!!

Hampton Inns our first choice when travelling. Usually very clean and well decorated.

Breakfast room crowded, run out of eggs. Meat looked liked sliced bologna. Location not close to decent restaurants. Only fast food services near to hotel. Wi-Fi reception terrible or non existing in the room.

Awesome hotel.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The managwr who checked me out. Kind of rude annd didn't. Acknowledge me as I waited for him. He never looked up from the computer.

The staff was awesome and rooms were perfect. Included full kitchen and seperate bedrooms for great price. Lovwd the food service and staff, including the shuttle drivers. Everyone is friendly.

disappointed with location and more
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

unless you're going to Busch Gardens, there is nothing else around there to do. Pool water was too cold to swim in & had no hot tub. Breakfast buffet had decent selection but sausage, eggs & oatmeal lacked good flavor.

good chinese restaurant nearby.

Very comfortable and spacious accomodations. Comfy bed!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Extremely crowded at the breakfast in the morning, but the staff kept everything filled quickly!

We arrived late after an exhausting day at Busch Gardens, only to discover that a manager earlier in the day had switched the type room we had booked from a suite with a sitting area and sofa bed for our son to a room with only one bed. The on duty manager Kelsey immediately not only upgraded us to a huge one bedroom suite with a full kitchen, but gave us a 50% discount! She was apologetic for the mistake, and did everything she could to compensate us with a pleasant attitude and great customer service skills! She completely turned around what could have been an uncomfortable stay into an amazing night! Thanks Kelsey!!

So disappointing
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

We left a day early and during our vacation stay of 4 nights with our 5 kids we were woken up in the middle of the night by fire alarms and it was for faulty equipment. We checked out a day early and they wouldn’t issue a refund for the last day since we left early. Will never stay there again

Nice beds

I wish they would fix their fire alarm issues!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

For the 4 nights we spent there, the fire alarm went off 3 times and one time was at 5:45am!!! All false alarms. Needless to say, we were not pleased at all!! There was no acceptable answer as to why we were inconvenienced so much and so often. Those episodes cancelled out any other good memories we had.

Breakfast was ok.

Very clean rooms and public areas.

WIFI does not work, no internet connection possible. They already know the problem and are trying to solve this issue.

Very clean rooms and public areas. Breakfast is basic.

Overall, excellent!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My only complaint: the pillows were lumpy and flat. A small nightlight in the bathroom might be a nice touch too.

Very clean and comfortable. Staff were exceptionally nice. Easy walking distance to Starbucks, Dunkin' donuts, Baskin Robbins, and Wendy's. Fantastic hotel breakfast! Would highly recommend!!

Best Rooms, Best Breakfast, Best Stay
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Best Hotel I’ve ever stayed.

Kitchetts are roomy. Bedroom and bathroom are separated with pocket door for privacy. Two closets so plenty of space and hangers. Hot breakfast had variety and the larger lobby is used as eating space so its not crowded. That was my favorite part of breakfast, room to visit with family also staying.

Great value for price.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

Having to leave for home.

Breakfast, evening meal very good, sometimes when traveling, you check in and don't feel like going out again. Excellent staff as usual, clean location, always love bedding.

perfect for families
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

although the breakfast has a good selection, you basically eat in the lobby. There is no breakfast room

I love the comfort of staying in a room large enough for the whole family, very spacious. We were there for a trip to Busch Gardens, which is ten minutes away,

Outstanding
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Me and my family love it all. We made this hotel our hotel for our next trip to Tampa, actually will be our hotel always that we get to go to Tampa. Great hotel, amazing stuff the best. Good food too!

Overall, would book again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was somewhat lacking. We have stayed at other Hampton Inns, & found that the quality of food was just not as good.

Rooms were clean, well equipped , & efficently serviced.

Clean, comfortable, friendly, quiet! Highly recommend.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The powdered scrambled eggs served during breakfast weren't great, the little cheese omletes were much better. But I guess they didn't have a full kitchen to work with. Everything else was great though. I really enjoyed staying here.

I really liked how clean the hotel was. Also the staff was so friendly!! I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to peace and quiet!! Also the coffee/tea/hot chocolate 24/7 in the lobby was such an awesome perk!

Very enjoyable stay , friendly staff
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was easy to get to , staff very friendly , made you feel welcome, hotel and rooms were very clean ,,,,,beds were very comfortable ,,,,we felt at home and would stay there again

Great value ,great staff, great room I recommend to anyone.....
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Could not fault this hotel . staff very helpful .

We booked this hotel as it was near Busch Gardens . Very impressed with the accommodation for 6 people in 1 Room . Breakfast self service had a great selection, and was kept well stocked.,staff very attentive.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Clean, Conformable, Friendly and Accommodating Staff... 30 min drive from the heart of Downtown
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location. It's 16 miles from downtown, stadium etc.

Clean & comfortable. Updated furnishings. Complimentary breakfast was okay, eggs were low quality but there was a decent selection of other options to eat. I would stay there again!

1st Tampa vacation
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Only problems, were with the television going out briefly.

Great location, Pam was very sweet and friendly. Valerie,Steve, and Alex was great. They we're very helpful, and friendly.Good complimentary breakfast daily. Friendly house keeping staff too. We we're able to buy our Busch Gardens tickets at the hotel and get a ride to and from Busch Gardens complimentary shuttle ride.

A hidden gem near I-75

There wasn't fruity water put out every afternoon...its that good!!

I love this place and its the service that makes me keep coming back! I come to Tampa to visit family who live close by in Temple Terrace near Busch Gardens and a string of hotels but I always choose to stay at this establishment. The staff members are wonderful and welcoming. Housekeeping staff are superb and made sure we had extra items when we didn't need our room cleaned. Breakfast was good with several options everyday and guest service ambassador, Ms. Pam Calhoun always made sure we had what we needed during breakfast. I even loved Patty's fruity water!

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

I wouldnt stay here again.

The hotel charged my cc even though I was told I could pay cash. The bathroom floor was dirty, the bed was not comfortable. Someone else's snacks were charged to our room. We were told to call 1hr in advance for the shuttle to pick us up from Busch gardens at 6pm and they didn't show up until 6:30pm. The air conditioning didn't cool very well.

Our housekeeping girl Paula was very sweet. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

We checked out very early Saturday morning - around 445am...
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

We checked out very early Saturday morning - around 445am and the person who came to the front desk was not very friendly and didn't check us out in front of us, he just wrote our room number down and said the receipt would be emailed to us. Very unsettling and unprofessional. Other than that, our stay and the staff was wonderful!

Great hotel for the money. Close to Busch Gardens with free transportation.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Make sure Elite Pizza gets out of your building. They have been sneaking in and placing flyers under the doors. Management was notified of this.

Liked the free van ride to Busch Gardens. Water on check-in and check-out was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Great Staff!!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Upon check in, the staff were professional,friendly,courteous. The room was spacious,(5adults) clean, modern and comfortable. I liked the shuttle that dropped us off at a restaurant an picked us up promptly.We liked the complentary evening meal and breakfast. The coffee bar was clean and stocked too.

Soft bed

I didn't like the fact that out room was right next to the exterior side door so every time someone entered or left the building you heard the loud closing of the door. All hours of the night.

Soft bed

Comfortable bed, friendly staff, convenient location.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The Booking.com website did not disclose upfront that the room was wheel chair accessible. Roll in shower was inconvenient in that water got all over the bathroom floor and we had to use our towels in the floor to use it. Pool was freezing. Loved the location. Lots of restaurants, stores, and attractions within 5-30 miles. Hotel has a shuttle To attractions within a 6 mile ratio, ie Florida Aquarium, Bush Garden, downtown.

Staff and bed.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Jus plain terrible
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Room was dirty asked for early arrival time was told a time got there. Told the room wasn't ready for another 3 hours. By the time we got to our room the bed was complete soaked from wet bed sheets and the room was full of what we were told was sugar ants. Could not find another hotel so had to take another room in the hotel at 9pm had to move all my stuff and family. Was told I was getting a discounted price for the night. But I still look at my account and they have not credited nothing. So overall a terrible experience would not recommend this place to no one

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Having breakfast and dinner included really made a...
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Would have preferred that the music was played a little quieter in the evening in the lobby

Having breakfast and dinner included really made a significant savings for me… The food staff were excellent

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Bad location but nice place
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

In side the place was nice but as me and my daughter walked out the front door to get our stuff their was two guys in a car under the front right by the door asking for money and later we was ask by another later that night and then went to eat down the street and as we was walking in to eat got hit up for more money and cigs so left there went to another place down the street and went thru a drive thru and at the window a man got in between my car and the window lol. It was nice in the motel but not so nice outside or safe

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Easy access to Interstates in North Tampa
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could have had at least one complimentary bottle of water in room - and an additional bottle for each registered adult upon request would be better.

Breakfast was enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Nice hotel but need some updating
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Difficult to mange temp in room, bed could have been more comfortable, bathroom a little more clean. When we left that morning the staff was very rude. Never acknowledged us or said good morning, how was your stay nothing. On the other hand, when we checked in the staff were wonderful. You may want to look at the morning staff on Sunday 1/22/17 .

Quiet, convenient to our destination.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Very clean.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing to note that was bad. Toilet did need some maintenance but other than that all was good

Very clean. Great location and all the staff are well trained and very helpful

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great stay again at this location
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everyone went out of the way to help us. Needed a first floor room no singles were available so they upgraded us to a suite to accommodate our medical condition.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Relaxing property
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The a/c unit in the room was louder than I would have liked.

The room was very clean. The bedding was soft and fresh with perfect pillows. The clerk at check in was friendly and helpful with directions given about town.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

good location off the beaten track but close enough to...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

after taking payment in full this hotel chain keeps the full amount again as security for 20 day, we stayed 3 days and $350 was kept!! the breakfast are is vary small and the reception couldn't give a receipt

good location off the beaten track but close enough to eateries and shopping

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

My go-to hotel for the Tampa area
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were too soft, no trash bin in room, no bath mat.

Bed was very comfortable. set back from road so very quiet at night, excellent breakfast, even included a full dinner the night I was there.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Great location for Busch Gardens
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nowhere within easy walking distance to have a meal or a drink

The sole purpose of our stay was to visit Busch Gardens. Great value for our 2 night stay and ideal location for our visit

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Clean, well-furnished room with a great breakfast.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Complimentary dinner had little to choose from, and the spaghetti was all gone. Parking was confusing, as they were repaving the parking lot. Doors to rooms close with a loud bang.

Room was clean, well-furnished, quiet. The complimentary breakfast had lots of choices for all tastes. My grandchildren enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

GREAT STAY!!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Check in was a breeze and the room was beautiful. Clean, wear here and there as to be expected though. The bed was very comfortable. Probably one of the best hotel breakfasts we have ever had. Difinetly will be staying here again when we visit Busch Gardens!!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Quiet, cold room.

All was great

Quiet, cold room. Breakfast was great. Staff was pleasant & helpful.

Excellent place with excellent staff.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The fact that moffitt cancer patients stay there. Hotel was very clean

Friendly staff

Everything was great

Friendly staff

Very nice room and staff

I can't think of any

The breakfast was very good. The staff was Amazing they even called to see if I needed more towels.

Luvhampton
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

it was close to everything.

Good

No time to check it out

Weekend stay

My trip wasn’t longer;)

Nice place for a weekend trip for 2.

Exceeded our expectations

Everything was great

Dinner reception at night, friendliness of the staff

Clean and good breakfast

Poor wifi signal

Clean and good breakfast

This hotel met my basic needs. Staff was friendly

More garbage cans. Overall updating

The hotel was extremely clean and updated inside.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was extremely clean and updated inside. Quiet location, friendly staff and delicious waffles.

Great value, great staff
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were happy. Super friendly staff! Rooms were clean.

Will definitely consider this place again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

WiFi although free was very very weak and useless. Had to use 4G on our devices.

Very quiet location but still near major destinations.

couldn't get in room after told card decline which was a lie and then room by door open and close al

staff at front desk embarrassment

Great place to stay with the family!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

breakfast was not all that great

The bed was extra comfortable!

Excellent place

Awesome breakfast

Over priced.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm went off at 3am 2 nights in a row and had to evacuate building.

Breakfast was fine,not special.

Knowledgeable and professional staff

We went to the Strawberry Festival
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The toilets are too low to the ground

The hotel look very good and the breakfast was excellent we'll come back to this hotel

Great night
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The pillows here were great. Staff was extra pleasant!

The suite was a nice size for a family.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The suite was a nice size for a family. Enjoyed the breakfast. The staff members were excellent.

wish i had found it sooner.

AC a little noisy.

Good breakfast compared to others.

Worth the cost
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The property was very clean

Everything was great.

Everything was great. Nice clean rooms. The staff was very nice.

Con isn't location

Breakfast choices

Con isn't location

Sherry and John

Very clean nice location and the lady that checked us in was as pleasant as she could be. We would recommend this hotel to anyone we know

I love it there .

I like everything.

I love it there . The staff is very friendly .