Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs 3 stars

39284 U.S. Highway 19 North, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Tarpon Springs

Our mistake of not asking for a room close to elevator, we use walkers, but, we were offered to pick the floor so we accept this little problem our fault for not thinking. Personnel were very pleasant the helpful.

Breakfast was good Room was large enough for our trip Cost was reasonable close to where we were going Oriental restaurant nearby was good If we were coming in this area, we would stay here again

nothing much

Good location for traveling, good value for money, clean rooms and open areas with good pool area with supplied pool towels, free tea/coffee in reception area, welcoming staff who seem to care about the guests stay

There were not enough tables for breakfast and only one treadmill in fitness room.

Very comfortable hotel with receptive staff. Good accommodations, comfortable bed, and quiet atmosphere.

I was initially checked into room 314. I went out for a few hours. I returned around 12:30am and found a big brown roach crawling across one of the beds. I killed it, took a picture and went to the front desk. The lady said well people bring clothes from their house in bags so there is always a problem. I was moved to room 224. I left for a few hours and when I returned around 1:30am, there was a medium size black roach crawling on the desk with the tv. I was too tired to go to the front desk, so I left all the lights on however I could not sleep. First thing in the morning, I told the front desk and they said they called a professional who would be out the next day. I told Steve that would not do me any good because I was checking out the next day. Also the lady charged an extra $50 on my card. When I asked about it, she said I signed for the $50 charge. I asked for a copy of where I sign and it did not say I signed for an extra $50.

I was on the treadmill every morning, and it is in a small room with zero ventilation. I asked at the front desk for a fan. I was told maintenance would be called. Please add an adjustable fan. Also, while the breakfast was good, the staff did not restock the food and many people were waiting for the hot foods and also yogurt, hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit. It's very busy and should be attended to more rapidly.

I really liked the coffee. The breakfast was good. The pool and pool area was really nice, we enjoyed that very much.

First room was too noisy and during the change to a much better room I forgot my E-reader. I only noticed this a day later (when we were already in different location) and I sent an email (through Booking.com) to the hotel, but never got a reply.

The a/c was loud, the view wasn't great.

Pillows were so comfy, we want to buy the same for our home. Breakfast was delicious, and I love that the coffee/tea station is available all day.

No complaints

Excellent breakfast, plenty to choose from and well presented, very smart dining area. Good location for visiting Tarpon Springs, very nice area off the main highway, would stay there again.

Noise was terrible. We were in a room with an adjoining door and for three nights here the sound came through with loud guests next door. Complained to the night clerk. A large group through a loud party in the breakfast area, on Good Friday night no less. Opened up the breakfast area and took out supplies. We wonder why the management tolerated this. Rooms had no drawers to store any thing. Just a hanger area behind a curtain.

Clean and well maintained facility.

The loudspeakers to the room's TV were not good. Hard to make out what people in the programs were saying. I could compare to other hotels I've stayed in.

Very tiny swimming pool. Not many outdoor chairs.

Musty smell in the room. (Air conditioner??)

The continental breakfast had an amazing variety of choices. Staff was quick to replenish food offerings. Helpful staff.

On checking in I presented my credit card. On checking out the hotel would NOT give me a receipt. Saying booking.com would send. I resent the fact that I gave my card and now I don't have proof. ( only my original confirmation from Booking.Com) and will cross check with my statement. Shower did not work and drain well.

It is some distance from downtown Tarpon Springs, so you miss out on the fun walkability of that place, but if you have a car and don't mind driving in, this hotel will work out very well for you.

Very clean, recently remodeled. Friendly staff. Good breakfast in a very clean kitchen.

View from room window was of a wall, I had asked for a lower level room and did get the second floor, not what I expected.

Food was normal level, good and adequate. Staff was friendly.

Bathroom needed updating...faucet leaked, bathtub old, water was slow, bathmat frayed, staff not friendly Slow to replenish food for breakfast Hallways stuffy and warm

Needed plastic glasses - only had paper cups. Very nice person at the check 8ndesk lent us a couple of nice wine glasses.

The beds were very comfy. Bathroom was nicely laid out - large countertop. Coffee was excellent and the morning breakfast was great as well.

As voiced above, very noisy people in next room.

Voiced complaint to staff about loud party all night in next room. we were moved to different room and comped financially for that night. Staff very pleasant to deal with.

• King Suite with Whirlpool

Everything! The cleanness, the comfort of the beds, the great customer service, the awesomeness of the breakfast. We had an awesome experience!very high end

• Queen Suite

There was no bar or restaurant and we had to go out on foot each evening for our meal. Considering we did not have a car this meant quite a walk along an 8 lane highway in the dark to get something to eat every night, or the added expense of a cab each trip. This hotel, as it is situated on such a busy road some distance from local eateries (which incidentally were good), needs to have a restaurant and licensed bar and is really missing a trick over this. It did have microwave meals and other snack type stuff that you can buy and cook in your room, but who wants to do this when away on a trip? The pool was a bit small and the fitness 'suite' consisted of 1 treadmill and a few medicine balls - needs moving to a larger space to have more equipment.

Clean, spacious comfortable room, with plenty of storage, clean towels daily, and a good lounge area in our room - we booked a queen suite. Free Wi-Fi and friendly helpful staff.

Lack of boiling hot water for hot tea making. Several times I had to ask for the water urn to be replenished. No umbrellas available by pool

Quality of rooms Breakfast

Located in fast busy road so exiti g the the car park could be a challenge in the morning!

Comfy beds, quiet rooms. Pleasant outside area with small pool.

2 of 3 lightbulbs in the room needed to be replaced - very quick to respond. The toilet needs a little help too - a little rock and roll going on there. Friendly, helpful people

• King Suite

Got to the hotel after 4pm but had to wait for. The room because It was the only king suite available. Not a big deal.

All of the staff was great, but extra coudos go to the breakfast staff. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed.

Bed was a bit lumpy.

Very spacious suite with two TVs and sitting area. Bathroom was on the smaller side relative to overall size of suite. Very nice shower head. Furniture was very satisfactory in both size and comfort. Breakfast was above average in quality and choices. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is fairly new and in a great location amid shopping and dining.

I couldn't stay longer

Clean,comfortable beds, different breakfast everyday. Friendly, helpful staff. We had a Wonderful time, Tarpon Springs is a beautiful,fun town.

• Queen Suite

I booked a queen suite as my sister was coming to stay and we though we could have some family members join us at the hotel. The pool was too small to even consider. The living room had one couch not other seating than a desk chair. The kitchen had no accessories. A small refrigerator and microwave. There were no utensils, glasses, etc. I will not book through you again. If I had booked through Hampton Inn I would have been compensated in some way. I did not know booking through you eliminated that possibility for me.

It was clean

The entrance way was having some type of work done and it wasn't convenient to go in or out when we were checking out. It was pouring rain and my 87 year-old mom had to get soaked when using her walker to get to the vehicle. We used the side door because of the issue with the front and a man was smoking right outside the door there so we got wet and smelt like smoke. Not a great way to start the day.

Nice, clean room and friendly, efficient staff.

Every thing was the way We like very quick for my reservation no problem in getting one we did have to wait until 3:00 pm I would like to getting in a little bit sunner. But other than that it was very good

The pool size and access to hotel when heading north

We liked the staff, the breakfast and cleanliness of the room. Good location when exploring north of Tampa

Better sausages, ha!ha!

Breakfast was good. Coffee available at all times was great! Really appreciated that there was a washer/dryer accessible for guests.

• King Suite with Whirlpool

no down side to this facility I would give them A+

Easy access to facility ,clean and good security measures i.e. well lit parking good in controlling access from outside . Would highly reccomend.

We're 5 in my family they always put 4 towels in the bathroom they knew we were 5. A guy at the desk I ask him for pool towels and he got mad He said I just filled the towel station an hour ago People needs to use a towel after swimming right?

Pool could have been cooler, water was very hot.

The room was very clean and nice and the breakfast was one of the best we've ever had at a Hampton Inn

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

My room was gross. The a/c didn't work well and the room felt muggy, the beds were very uncomfortable, the bathroom had no where to put your toiletries at all, it was just a sink, the carpet felt so dirty.

The lobby was inviting and it was nice to have coffee and breakfast in the lobby (eventhough the breakfast was Terrible)

not much

everything was so cool from the lady at fromnt desk acting as a tour guide and giving us info about our day to may it perfect....I wish you would go and find the young lady at the desk at our ck in and give her some kudos...

As written above.

First day breakfast excellent. 2nd day breakfast, took a while for the warm omelet to be served. The trash were overflowing near the elevator and the front entrance, no body cleaned it up and it's still there the next morning. The room we stayed in was very clean, though. Very comfortable bed although the pillows could be a little softer. I would suggest the shelf for the towels in the bathroom needs to be relocated. Things can fall directly into the toilet below the shelves. YUCK...

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Maybe another Business Station would be beneficial.

Staff amazing and very very helpful. Room cleaned perfectly and in a timely manner. Breakfast was very satisfying, good varieties daily. Pool clean and clear. Very nice stay overall.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The low-end toilet paper. I never like reserved parking for Diamond or Medallion or Silver Star or whatever the name of the high rollers happens to be. They had more spaces more conveniently located than handicapped.

The level of cleanliness was comforting. The breakfast was quite generous and tasty.

Unable to control thermostat, floor in bathroom was deteriorating and felt the room was way over priced: specially since friends got a suite for less than our double room.And we got locked out while in the pool area.

Closeness to our event.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

For the price, we had no chair in our room to sit in to watch TV and we had two queens not a king. The breakfast offerings were the worst I have ever experienced in 35 years of business travel. There was no place outside to sit to read or work except right at rear entrance or inside the pool enclosure which made them noisy and distracting.

Convenience of location.

We stayed a full week with my wife and kids. We had no place to put our clothes. Not a single drawer. All we had was a soft closet and some hangers. Not ideal for a long term stay with kids. Also, the breakfast was not so good - so we had the find a better place to have breakfast.

Beds were comfortable.

Not applicable

The staff took pride in their facility and were professional. Pool was clean & heated. Area for breakfast gathering was tastefully decorated with lots of seating and was warm & welcoming.

The sink plunger did not work and the water temperature was so hot as to be almost dangerous. Both items were reported to the hotel staff.

The beds were great. The best breakfast ever in a hotel and the design and decor of the breakfast room was particularly pleasing.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

the check out time was rather early for us, but it wasn't much of a problem

the bed was incredibly comfortable and I personally slept well, as well as my partner. the free wifi was a plus and so was the breakfast! our room was perfect for us staying there and i couldn't have been happier! it was very clean, and everything looked nice and crisp.

• Queen Suite

Due to the city being touristy the hotEl sits on a main drag of road which looks clutteres. But they made everything else look as wonderful as they could.

Everything about the hotel including breakfast was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

It was a busy road outside and access across the dual carriage waywhen travelling north was difficult at times

The breakfast area was the best we have encountered in this type of hotel. The food choice was excellent and the quality good. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom toiletries were of excellent quality

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

The bath towels were adequate, but could have been thicker. The addition of hand towels by the sink would have been appreciated. Luggage racks would be helpful and would save scratches on the furniture.

The people on the front desk were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

DIDN'T LIKE THE UNSECURE WIFI-- staff said it was secure but it wasn't. That is not good! Staff were not too concerned about it. I had to call Corporate to inform them--that is not good either.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

I didn't like the fact that you have to use paper plates and coffee cups and pastic cutlery at breakfast. For a 4star I thought we could have had proper utensils. Also the maid knocked on our door at 8.20 on the morning of departure to see if she could come in to clean which I thought was out of order. I did mention this to front desk and they said that this should not have happened. I would have liked a hotel nearer the town centre but there doesnt appear to be anything of this standard so you have to drive.

Staff were extremely helpful as our re-arranged booking had not been forwarded to them so they weren't expecting us and upgraded us to a suite which was very spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Smoking is allowed right outside the side and rear doors, you walk through the smell to get into the hotel, if the ashtrays were moved 10 or more feet away from doors most smokers would smoke near the ashtrays and not right outside the doors. There where a few times that late (2 am +) party guests were loud enough to disturb sleep, once settled in rooms were decently sound proofed.

The location, entire facility is smoke free, bedding is very comfortable

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Need another elevator at the other end of building and better parking. I had to park at back entrance to get a spot at all and the elevators are by front entrance only so had to walk back and forth to get luggage cart and to the elevator and to return baggage cart. It was a bit tiring and time consuming but not a deal breaker.

Arrived late after 14 hour drive check-in was easy and fast! Lady at front desk was cheery, friendly yet very professional. It was a very enjoyable stay for 2 nights.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

My only mono dislike was there were no glasses or cups in room after I went and got ice for my softdrinks. The bathroom countertop was rather outdated as compared to excellent decor of rest of room.

Room was very nice and spacious Staff were very also. Breakfast was the best.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Breakfast was Ok, the milk could have been colder. I would like just plain scrambed eggs not with ham or sausage in the eggs. Coffee was really good..

Very Nice facility, they recently updated the rooms.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Unfortunately our room was very damp. I would have asked for a different room if we didn't arrive at the hotel so late after our fundraiser. The moist conditions made for a restless night.

Over all the facility was nice. We travel a lot and the breakfast was definitely one of the best offered by hotels in this range.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

We had an issue with one of the other guests and the manner in which this person was undressed in the lobby. Naked belly hanging over shorts, a jogging bra and barefoot. I sent this to the manager and received no response. Hpton Inn don't you have a dress code??? Why allow your guests and their families to be embarrassed?? I had no words to explain this to my 4 year old granddaughter.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

my booking was supposed to be a family suite (X2 rooms) there were no other rooms! I was placed in a standard room. I have stayed here before,I really like the family suite, was quite dissappointed and there was no customer as priorty in that area,my room was the most important thing!! Some family did not make the trip had they came along we would have been miserable! I had made reservations thru booking .com way back in late april for a reason. I am who sure who messed up, booking.com could not even confirm my rooms by telephone?? I paid for a suite but got a standard room,I feel there should have beed some sort of customer recoup, ie a cut in rate??or discount coupon for another stay! Just something to say, I'm sorry for the screw-up, it could have ruined our trip!!!! the room was quite musty!

Breakfast was always fresh,hot, and ready Rooms were cleaned daily. lobby was very clean

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

The front desk staff, manager & general manager.. They need to attend a hospitality work shop as well as customer service work shop.

The pool and free breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Under construction to make it a better place was acceptable. The pool area was unattended and not open on time. It also had young children not with adults in the evening doing dangerous stunts.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Advise construction workers that are renivating hotel not to work on rooms before 830am knowing guests are sleeping directly below them or put guests in a certain part of hotel that wont be under construction

Wonderful breakfast great coffee cozy beds and an soft pillows staff was very nice with welcome bag of bottled water

Weird room in that no actual closet; a curtain situation.

Staff so nice & breakfast really good.

No comments!!

Nice Lobby

• Queen Suite

The bathrooms were outdated compared to everything else

The grab & go breakfast was phenomenal

No problems.

Centrally located to area and family. Great complimentary breakfast. Good parking.

Bed and pillows a bit too soft for me

Noisey neighbors until 2 am

Comfortable rooms

Everything was good

Great Breakfast!

Breakfast was a little limited.

The Room was spacious, clean & extremely comfortable.

It was not what u advertised!! No closet no sitting area

Quiet, nice hotel next to a lot of dining and shopping options

Breakfast was sub par on Sunday

The chair in the room could be Bigger.

Fine property.

Friendly staff ... good breakfast

• Queen Suite

Staff is always congenial and helpful. Great free breakfast