Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta/Conference Center 2 stars

#5 of 27 hotels in Valdosta

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Not good just ok
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room had been smoked in and smelled terrible. There was no where to move to. Maintenance came and sprayed but no help. Blow dryer only had cold air it had to be replaced.

Breakfast was ok the bed was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Nice hotel.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff were friendly, rooms very nice. Breakfast was good. Smelled nice and clean everytime you walk in your room. Located close to everything you would need. I had three rooms and all three were very clean, nice sized, and smelled good. The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

First Time But Not Last Time Hamton Lovers 😎👍👍👍👍👍
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That I couldn't stay longer! But I will be back!

From the Customer service to the GREAT EARLY MORNING BREAKFAST! Saying farewell along with the urgency I felt from Amanda, when I thought I lost my phone. THANK YOU HAMTON TEAM! My Mothers Birthday was Fantastic! The service made me want to represent the Company and come work for you guys!

Read above
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

College kids partying till 4 am and no security to call .. only young lady at desk working ... was up al night and left early .. got no sleep and called twice to get something done about it and no results .. paid 130$ for a five hour stay and need security when the hotel is totally booked .. not safe at all to have young woman working by herself .. at this location you as a corporate need a lot of help at said location .. will NEVER book there again

Clean hotel

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Repeat stay was pleasant did not disappoint
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

Again , as I said last year, the pool towels are sooo small and thin. Bring two or three with you to the pool.

It was my second stay here and I was again pleased with the comfortable bed, cleanliness and well stocked breakfast. Staff are cheerful. Also it is right next to the Cheddars restaurant that’s good for dinner.

The ENTIRE STAFF was absolutely amazing!
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Would recommend different meat options for breakfast as some people don't do sausage. Also, cooked grits or a hash brown/potato type side would be ideal, rather than just instant grits. Would also recommend other drink options than coffee, juice or milk.....like, tea, kid drinks, bottled water.

The ENTIRE STAFF was absolutely amazing!!! From our late night check-in to our departure and everything in between!!!!! Will definitely stay here again and would recommend to family and friends. Heather, front desk clerk, even recommended local restaurants and gave me a free appetizer card for our choice on my Birthday. Breakfast buffet was great (few suggestions noted below)....coffee was wonderful!!!

Hey kids let’s not go swimming today Again??
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are comfortable and the coffee and breakfast were great

We stayed for four nights while dropping my daughter off at college could not use the pool the water was cloudy and smelled real bad of chlorine couldn’t see past your waist unacceptable for four days really?.

Would check out the bathroom first.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

The staff was not enough for the time when everyone checks in.

The stool in the bathroom was so close to the floor you feel on it. I haven’t ever seen anything like it. It looks like something from a little kids bathroom.

Beautiful property, wonderful friendly staff, and amazing service.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

Everything was great, my only suggestion would be maybe a better breakfast spread.

Nice clean rooms, very helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast was nice, I really appreciated the staff for accommodating my dietary needs.

Not happy at all for the price I paid
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The air wasn't working when we first got there. The "hot" breakfast sucked you have to wait in line about 30 mins just to get a waffle. The o.j and apple juice was sour. A.c in lobby didn't work. Half the channel's on the tv didn't pick up. $3 for a popsicle that cost 50 cent. Very over priced, not worth the money. Highly recommend choosing a different hotel. The rooms and hallways also stunk and carpets were dirty

Feeling at home...11 hours from home!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hot/cold water was hooked up in reverse in the shower and the shower head size was too tiny and didn't have enough pressure. There also wasn't a fan in the bathroom, which is bad for ventilation and also had a lot to do with why the shower curtain smelled a little sour.

After an 11+ hr drive, my husband, who has a bad back, found the king bed to be very comfortable. The room in general was warm & inviting & had more than enough outlets, which can sometimes be a problem, even in 5-star hotels. I enjoyed the convenience of the large bathroom, as opposed to feeling boxed in. After noticing our room was directly around the corner from the elevator and across the ice machine, I went to bed expecting lots of noise, but to my surprise, I was (thankfully) wrong!

Very comfortable and quiet room. Hotel is well maintained and welcoming.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Smokers seem to congregate outside by the pool door, so if you come in that way hold your breath and hurry! Fortunately, no smoke noticeable inside the hotel.

Very welcoming staff, large clean and very comfortable room, excellent breakfast options and very friendly employees. A couple of restaurants in walking distance.

Not bad but not good
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed wasn’t very comfortable. It is an older hotel that needs updating. I have stayed in Hampton inns before and they have always had the most comfortable beds. Not here.

Room was clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast was ok. Muffin and pastry still partially frozen.

It was plesent!!
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I really didn’t like the fact that a bunch of kids were in the pool till 10 when my husband and I wanted to go use the pool around 9 pm to relax a little but there was no doing that mane the should change to pool hours for children so the adults can enjoy some time for there self...

Everything was good staff was great!!

Definitely worth coming back too!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was amazing. They served beer and wine in the evening as we arrived which was an excellent touch. Breakfast was amazing and the staff ask if you need anything and even take dishes away for you!!! If I am ever this way whether business or personal I will return here and stay!!

Not what I expected!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator didnt work. For the price paid the room wasn't big enough. The breakfast was horrible!

The front desk attendants were very nice! There was a variety of restaurants to choose from. Not far from Wild Adventures.

Our stay was very nice. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and those assisting were amazing.
    • Extended Suite Two Queen Beds with separated living area - Non Smoking

I asked some ladies at the front desk about the price of some trial size candies in the little concession shop, they didn’t know the price at first so they just gave me any price and said $1. I am sure a trial size candy pack was not a dollar. If that were the case what would have been the price of the regular candy bars? I feel the front desk stop should definitely know the prices of things in the store on the property.

This chain of hotels is aging and generally needs updating
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room needed updated, carpet did not look clean. Bath and shower fixtures were loose. Pillows were worn out. Breakfast was poor quality with inedible sausage and what seemed to be powdered eggs.

Beds were clean and comfortable. Air conditioner worked well and was wuiet

I loved how the staff was so very helpful, and friendly.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved how the staff was so very helpful, and friendly.. And breakfast was amazing so much to chose from. The staff also walked around to collect, empty plates, off the tables. And even passed out Stickers, and blow pops to my girls, and other kids. We will definitely be back.

We enjoyed our stay very much!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Waiting to make a waffle was a little crazy and there was no place to put empty waffle batter cup after pouring the batter. Need a trash can there. The reception of the TV was poor on some of the channels due to cable issue. This should be fixed.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable! Loved the mini kitchen and couch with ottomans. Room set up was very nice and the USB charging devices by bed and charging center on desk were wonderful! The selection of food at the breakfast bar was good. The lady's running the breakfast area checked on us several times to see if we needed anything.

There were some issues in our room, that I attribute to Mgmt...
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

There were some issues in our room, that I attribute to Mgmt not being notified. When I let them know what we found they were very attentive and contacted maintenance immediately. The staff was EXCEPTIONAL!

Great quick overnight
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

You have unfinished tile work and caulking in the bath. For this price the room is generally finished. Things will deteriate quickly if not completed soon

Easy check in and out

Good location and nice enough getaway
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Prices could be better and the building and some features such as tv are obviously out dated which in turn should drop the rates.

Good breakfast options and friendly customer experience.

We would stay here again.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very clean, but the hallway carpeting on the 4th floor needs cleaning.

The staff member in the breakfast room was very pleasant and very attentive to making sure the breakfast fare was replenished as needed. She even cleared our table when she noticed we were done eating! Very clean room.

Good place to stay. I'd do it again, no doubt about it.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like was the TV. The picture on many of the channels would freeze up making them unavailable to watch. Not the biggest problem in the world, but a little irritating nonetheless.

Good clean bed and room and the breakfast was good.

It was very pleasant
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed didn’t come with a blanket

The room was nice, we had one king and a sofa bed with 3 adults and 3 kids, location is right in the middle of restaurants and shopping area but not to busy nor loud

Our stay was very pleasant.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't care much for the parking but the doors was close by, so I can't complain to much.

The bed was very comfortable. I will definitely be booking again in the future.

Quick check in and out.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor parking arrangement in front. Vehicles were allowed to improperly park along front curb, making it difficult for proper parkers to back out.

Quick check in and out.

Bad acoustics.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bad acoustics. Too much noise from people bumping walls, closing doors, running down hall, etc. while I was trying to sleep. No fresh fruit at breakfast.

very pleasant stay. When in lobby for happy hour got to socialize with other travellers .
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to drive to get food, no restaurant very close that we could see.

Beds were very comfortable and the location was easy to access. They served beer and wine in the lobby for happy hour which was a very pleasant surprise.

I have consistently positive experiences with Hampton Inns.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

I encountered a number of front desk staff at different times during my stay and found them attentive, courteous, helpful, informative. Overall, top notch!

We were very pleased with the hotel and the price. Location was great and it was also quiet!
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was pleasant and clean, the shower was full and nice, the bed felt great, and the pillows were soft, and comfortable. Temperature was easy to control. Enjoyed the downstairs eating area with coffee supplied in the evening. Glad to have the full breakfast in the morning. Coffee was great too!

Good value and great breakfast.
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

The sheets were dirty and the mattresses were old and creaky. The staff gave us fresh sheets when we asked for them and apologized for the incident, so that was nice.

Breakfast was wonderful - the waffles and cheesy bagel / muffin were the best. The room was spacious as well.

Very clean and comfortable beds! Quiet location if you are looking for a good nights sleep.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Directions leading to Hotel. The actual entrance is at the conference center not where the sign (Hampton Inn & Suites) is. This leads you into a Restaurant next to the Hotel with no entrance to the Hotel parking lot.

Breakfast was OK, the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.

satisfied overall except for wi-fi issue
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No free wi-fi though unless a member. I am a member but didn't have my account # at time of computer sign on, therefore, couldn't access wi-fi.

Good area, quiet, comfortable bed. Very clean.

The beds were soft
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

That my room couldn't be adjusted to the rate that the Organization was quoted for. The price should have been matched dollar for dollar. The room I had ran for 124-134 per booking.com as if 10/23/17. I just quoted the same exact room but I paid a total of 187. The room was 139.00 and per my organization contract with Hampton Inn, it should have been 99-119/night.

The beds were soft

Comfortable and spacious!!
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Breakfast was a zoo!! Better off just going out to get something.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. We did have some very noisy children in the room above us running but when my husband informed the front desk they took care of it right away. Also giving a little one a surprise from the treasure box at the front desk when checking in was awesome.

Not happy with the room that I paid more for and didn't get what I booked!!
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

I booked a double queen bed with pullout sofa to accomadate my grandchildren and paid more for it. I was told that Booking.com needs to change the room description that they no longer offer that room. They were able to find a cot for my grandson but my granddaughter had to sleep in a chair. I was offered bonus Hampton points to make up for this. Really?? They blamed it on Booking.com.

Ok
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom area odor - arrived too late to request recleaning - only enough soaps, etc for one person (two persons staying-room)

Bed very comfortable and clean

OK for the location, but don't expect much.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Checked in at 4PM and the rather surly front desk clerk told me that they had no king beds left on the 4th floor.....really? The blanket provided was the worst blanket ever.....like cardboard.

Breakfast buffet average at best. Evening hospitality also just average.

We loved the view, the cleanliness, and the decor.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We loved the view, the cleanliness, and the decor. We didn't have much time to enjoy our stay as much as we originally planned so we are booking another stay soon.

My stay

What I didn't like was I booked through booking.com and had a total of six rooms I even called booking for them to help me with the reservation because I wanted to make sure I was doing it right since I had multiple rooms I needed one king suite with a sofa bed two queen Suites with a sofa bed and three Queen double bed rooms the lady walk me through the booking it was cheaper than the other reservation I made through the hotel itself so I stuck with booking only to find out when I got there the two queen Suites did not have a sofa bed I was really disappointed the hotel staff offered another two rooms for discounted rate but that wasn't what we wanted the hotel staff blame that on booking I called booking.com and they blamed it on the hotel so basically they put the blame on each other they brought cuts to the two rooms that was supposed to have a sofa bed which was so small we wanted up sleeping in the queen beds squished together I really wanted to go home I was so aggravated it was my dad's birthday all we wanted to do was have a good time so be careful how y'all bought these rooms on booking.com I never had this problem before I usually booked through Expedia I see why now don't worry about the price difference you will get what you want thank you oh yeah I forgot booking.com offer me $10 per room the price difference from The Suite to the other one so they gave me a credit of $25 but that didn't help me sleep well that night they also asked me if I wanted to switch to a different Hotel that would help fulfill my needs but I was already unpacked

Everything was nice even had a friendly staff

I liked the Convenience of the location.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

The breakfast was ok but it could have been better. And the kitchen area is very small everyone was piled on top of one another.

I liked the Convenience of the location. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Also the rooms were a good size.

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable. Wish it were less noisy.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

It was very noisy. Kids running through halls till 1am. Loud banging overhead also late into the night. Sounded like running. Neighboring room had kids yelling, screaming and laughing til 2am. Next time I would request top floor.

Room was clean and comfortable.

Overall experience was excellent.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Normally a receipt is slide under the door on the morning of checkout. I had to request a receipt then the staff had difficulty printing it.

Overall experience was excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Relaxing and enjoyable!
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

The dryer took a little longer than it should but overall there wasn't anything that we just didn't like.

The pool had a gate around it and there was no possible way that a toddler could open it!

Good ending to a bad day!
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

We booked a room with a sofa bed when we got in our room, it did not have a sofa bed. Initially we were told there were no available rooms with a sofa even though that is what we booked and we were told they could not give us a refund that we would have to go through booking.com. A second desk clerk told the first one who was assisting us that there was one available room with a sofa bed and gave us the room so we ended up staying. We had been driving for more than 8 hours so this was a relief.

The room was clean and comfortable. We booked here because we were traveling with 2 teenagers and the availability of a sofa bed was the reason we booked this location. Breakfast was also a bonus.

Uncomfortable Stay in Valdosta
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

I didn't like the size of the room, I specifically asked for accommodations for 5. But I got accommodation for 4.. My granddaughter had to sleep in between me and my adult son. And the Air Conditioning unit was EXTREMELY LOUD, It made a noise every time that it cycled on and off. The Bathroom didn't have enough towels or wash clothes for 5 people.

We didn't have to drive very far for food or shopping.

Breakfast was good.

Breakfasts

Breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly and it was nice to see smiling faces.the only complaint is that it's the same breakfast that other places give u. Always scrambled eggs and those horrible grey sausages. Why not serve bacon​ or ham sometimes. Also instead of waffles, which take along time and cause a backup, why not have french toast or pancakes.also should have fresh berries. Just a suggestion.

Super clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I always mark Value for Money lower because I think most, if not all, rooms in most hotels are simply too expensive. Hampton Inn will still remain my hotel of choice though.

Super clean and comfortable. These hotels are more expensive but you can rely on them for quality in everything.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Everything was great except the hard beds
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

the beds were horrible very hard and we didn't rest at all. my trip would have been better if I wasn't so tired .

the property was clean the staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Best hotel in Valdosta,Ga, Hampton Inn and Suites!
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Cannot honestly think of a thing, was one of the best Hamptons we've ever stayed at.

Staff excellent! Fabulous happy hr, whoever came up with that idea, genius!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Clean, comfortable room.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor was a little uneven. That didn't bother us.

The staff was friendly and efficient. The bed was comfortable. Great location right off the Interstate.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Not bad but room for improvement.

Clerk didn't know about the safe:took forever to open. Bartender didn't know how to fix a bloody Mary. Pillows were too soft.

Bed nice. Location good. Nice friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Greate !!! Hotel
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

More fruits on the breakfast, and more strong coffe

Room was very clean, I got a note from the house keeper, it was nice that she took the time to write and offer her services

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Rooms were clean, well ventilated and up to standards
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was dreadful. Watery scrambled eggs and hot dogs cut up like sausages. Stale muffins. Would not go back there. Bed was too hard. Not the usual HI comfort.

Rooms were clean, well ventilated and up to standards

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Would stay again
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Your hotel should be like the embassy suites breakfast not country inn and suites

The room was perfect the breakfast was not so tasty for the class of your hotel

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

It was everything i was told it would be.
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

It was everything i was told it would be. No hidden surprises

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Great overnight mid-trip
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Comfortable beds, large room, excellent breakfast in a clean, airy space

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

room was nice
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

room was nice food was good

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

I will stay there again when I visit Valdosta.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I could hear people walking above me.

The breakfast buffet had a lot of choices and was kept clean and full.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

The breakfast was great with many more options than expected. Our little service dog was welcomed
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Nice room very clean Great breakfast with many options friendly staff

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great location!
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Our air conditioner took forever to cool the room!:(

Great location!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

sqeaking bed, other noise outside the room, couldn’t control...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

sqeaking bed, other noise outside the room, couldn’t control temperature

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

We had a nice stay thank you
    • King Studio with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Too small parking, need more handicap at other side doors

Room was very nice, food was very good, staff very great too. Front desk bet9 helpful.

n/a
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

food was great rooms great.

Good
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

Two different prices. One on line and another with local phone call. Took the lower price by telephone.

Good breakfast

Had waffles

Had waffles

I would stay there again.
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Internet connection for tv was hit or miss. Signage leading to hotel could be more prominent.

Spacious rooms. Good coffee.

The hotel was so full, breakfast server could not keep up.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was so full, breakfast server could not keep up.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great time

Bathroom tub wasn’t cleaned thoroughly

Bathroom tub wasn’t cleaned thoroughly

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Room was comfortable. Served the purpose.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was the worst of any Hampton we have eaten at. No selection variety, stale pastry....nothing good.

Very very bad stench
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Stench in hallways and room