Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta/Conference Center This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2 Meeting Place Drive, Valdosta, GA 31601, United States of America

#7 of 27 hotels in Valdosta

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Would check out the bathroom first.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

The staff was not enough for the time when everyone checks in.

The stool in the bathroom was so close to the floor you feel on it. I haven’t ever seen anything like it. It looks like something from a little kids bathroom.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Beautiful property, wonderful friendly staff, and amazing service.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

Everything was great, my only suggestion would be maybe a better breakfast spread.

Nice clean rooms, very helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast was nice, I really appreciated the staff for accommodating my dietary needs.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Not happy at all for the price I paid
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The air wasn't working when we first got there. The "hot" breakfast sucked you have to wait in line about 30 mins just to get a waffle. The o.j and apple juice was sour. A.c in lobby didn't work. Half the channel's on the tv didn't pick up. $3 for a popsicle that cost 50 cent. Very over priced, not worth the money. Highly recommend choosing a different hotel. The rooms and hallways also stunk and carpets were dirty

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

Feeling at home...11 hours from home!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hot/cold water was hooked up in reverse in the shower and the shower head size was too tiny and didn't have enough pressure. There also wasn't a fan in the bathroom, which is bad for ventilation and also had a lot to do with why the shower curtain smelled a little sour.

After an 11+ hr drive, my husband, who has a bad back, found the king bed to be very comfortable. The room in general was warm & inviting & had more than enough outlets, which can sometimes be a problem, even in 5-star hotels. I enjoyed the convenience of the large bathroom, as opposed to feeling boxed in. After noticing our room was directly around the corner from the elevator and across the ice machine, I went to bed expecting lots of noise, but to my surprise, I was (thankfully) wrong!

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Very comfortable and quiet room. Hotel is well maintained and welcoming.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Smokers seem to congregate outside by the pool door, so if you come in that way hold your breath and hurry! Fortunately, no smoke noticeable inside the hotel.

Very welcoming staff, large clean and very comfortable room, excellent breakfast options and very friendly employees. A couple of restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

Not bad but not good
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed wasn’t very comfortable. It is an older hotel that needs updating. I have stayed in Hampton inns before and they have always had the most comfortable beds. Not here.

Room was clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast was ok. Muffin and pastry still partially frozen.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

It was plesent!!
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I really didn’t like the fact that a bunch of kids were in the pool till 10 when my husband and I wanted to go use the pool around 9 pm to relax a little but there was no doing that mane the should change to pool hours for children so the adults can enjoy some time for there self...

Everything was good staff was great!!

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Definitely worth coming back too!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was amazing. They served beer and wine in the evening as we arrived which was an excellent touch. Breakfast was amazing and the staff ask if you need anything and even take dishes away for you!!! If I am ever this way whether business or personal I will return here and stay!!

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Not what I expected!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator didnt work. For the price paid the room wasn't big enough. The breakfast was horrible!

The front desk attendants were very nice! There was a variety of restaurants to choose from. Not far from Wild Adventures.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Our stay was very nice. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and those assisting were amazing.
    • Extended Suite Two Queen Beds with separated living area - Non Smoking

I asked some ladies at the front desk about the price of some trial size candies in the little concession shop, they didn’t know the price at first so they just gave me any price and said $1. I am sure a trial size candy pack was not a dollar. If that were the case what would have been the price of the regular candy bars? I feel the front desk stop should definitely know the prices of things in the store on the property.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2018

This chain of hotels is aging and generally needs updating
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room needed updated, carpet did not look clean. Bath and shower fixtures were loose. Pillows were worn out. Breakfast was poor quality with inedible sausage and what seemed to be powdered eggs.

Beds were clean and comfortable. Air conditioner worked well and was wuiet

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

I loved how the staff was so very helpful, and friendly.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I loved how the staff was so very helpful, and friendly.. And breakfast was amazing so much to chose from. The staff also walked around to collect, empty plates, off the tables. And even passed out Stickers, and blow pops to my girls, and other kids. We will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

We enjoyed our stay very much!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Waiting to make a waffle was a little crazy and there was no place to put empty waffle batter cup after pouring the batter. Need a trash can there. The reception of the TV was poor on some of the channels due to cable issue. This should be fixed.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable! Loved the mini kitchen and couch with ottomans. Room set up was very nice and the USB charging devices by bed and charging center on desk were wonderful! The selection of food at the breakfast bar was good. The lady's running the breakfast area checked on us several times to see if we needed anything.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

There were some issues in our room, that I attribute to Mgmt...
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

There were some issues in our room, that I attribute to Mgmt not being notified. When I let them know what we found they were very attentive and contacted maintenance immediately. The staff was EXCEPTIONAL!

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

Great quick overnight
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

You have unfinished tile work and caulking in the bath. For this price the room is generally finished. Things will deteriate quickly if not completed soon

Easy check in and out

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Good location and nice enough getaway
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Prices could be better and the building and some features such as tv are obviously out dated which in turn should drop the rates.

Good breakfast options and friendly customer experience.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

We would stay here again.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very clean, but the hallway carpeting on the 4th floor needs cleaning.

The staff member in the breakfast room was very pleasant and very attentive to making sure the breakfast fare was replenished as needed. She even cleared our table when she noticed we were done eating! Very clean room.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Good place to stay. I'd do it again, no doubt about it.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like was the TV. The picture on many of the channels would freeze up making them unavailable to watch. Not the biggest problem in the world, but a little irritating nonetheless.

Good clean bed and room and the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

It was very pleasant
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The sofa bed didn’t come with a blanket

The room was nice, we had one king and a sofa bed with 3 adults and 3 kids, location is right in the middle of restaurants and shopping area but not to busy nor loud

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Our stay was very pleasant.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't care much for the parking but the doors was close by, so I can't complain to much.

The bed was very comfortable. I will definitely be booking again in the future.

• Reviewed: February 4, 2018

Quick check in and out.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor parking arrangement in front. Vehicles were allowed to improperly park along front curb, making it difficult for proper parkers to back out.

Quick check in and out.

• Reviewed: January 7, 2018

Bad acoustics.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bad acoustics. Too much noise from people bumping walls, closing doors, running down hall, etc. while I was trying to sleep. No fresh fruit at breakfast.

• Reviewed: December 30, 2017

very pleasant stay. When in lobby for happy hour got to socialize with other travellers .
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to drive to get food, no restaurant very close that we could see.

Beds were very comfortable and the location was easy to access. They served beer and wine in the lobby for happy hour which was a very pleasant surprise.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

I have consistently positive experiences with Hampton Inns.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

I encountered a number of front desk staff at different times during my stay and found them attentive, courteous, helpful, informative. Overall, top notch!

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

We were very pleased with the hotel and the price. Location was great and it was also quiet!
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was pleasant and clean, the shower was full and nice, the bed felt great, and the pillows were soft, and comfortable. Temperature was easy to control. Enjoyed the downstairs eating area with coffee supplied in the evening. Glad to have the full breakfast in the morning. Coffee was great too!

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Good value and great breakfast.
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

The sheets were dirty and the mattresses were old and creaky. The staff gave us fresh sheets when we asked for them and apologized for the incident, so that was nice.

Breakfast was wonderful - the waffles and cheesy bagel / muffin were the best. The room was spacious as well.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

Very clean and comfortable beds! Quiet location if you are looking for a good nights sleep.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Directions leading to Hotel. The actual entrance is at the conference center not where the sign (Hampton Inn & Suites) is. This leads you into a Restaurant next to the Hotel with no entrance to the Hotel parking lot.

Breakfast was OK, the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

satisfied overall except for wi-fi issue
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No free wi-fi though unless a member. I am a member but didn't have my account # at time of computer sign on, therefore, couldn't access wi-fi.

Good area, quiet, comfortable bed. Very clean.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

The beds were soft
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

That my room couldn't be adjusted to the rate that the Organization was quoted for. The price should have been matched dollar for dollar. The room I had ran for 124-134 per booking.com as if 10/23/17. I just quoted the same exact room but I paid a total of 187. The room was 139.00 and per my organization contract with Hampton Inn, it should have been 99-119/night.

The beds were soft

• Reviewed: October 21, 2017

Comfortable and spacious!!
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Breakfast was a zoo!! Better off just going out to get something.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. We did have some very noisy children in the room above us running but when my husband informed the front desk they took care of it right away. Also giving a little one a surprise from the treasure box at the front desk when checking in was awesome.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Not happy with the room that I paid more for and didn't get what I booked!!
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

I booked a double queen bed with pullout sofa to accomadate my grandchildren and paid more for it. I was told that Booking.com needs to change the room description that they no longer offer that room. They were able to find a cot for my grandson but my granddaughter had to sleep in a chair. I was offered bonus Hampton points to make up for this. Really?? They blamed it on Booking.com.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Ok
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom area odor - arrived too late to request recleaning - only enough soaps, etc for one person (two persons staying-room)

Bed very comfortable and clean

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

OK for the location, but don't expect much.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Checked in at 4PM and the rather surly front desk clerk told me that they had no king beds left on the 4th floor.....really? The blanket provided was the worst blanket ever.....like cardboard.

Breakfast buffet average at best. Evening hospitality also just average.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

We loved the view, the cleanliness, and the decor.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We loved the view, the cleanliness, and the decor. We didn't have much time to enjoy our stay as much as we originally planned so we are booking another stay soon.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

My stay

What I didn't like was I booked through booking.com and had a total of six rooms I even called booking for them to help me with the reservation because I wanted to make sure I was doing it right since I had multiple rooms I needed one king suite with a sofa bed two queen Suites with a sofa bed and three Queen double bed rooms the lady walk me through the booking it was cheaper than the other reservation I made through the hotel itself so I stuck with booking only to find out when I got there the two queen Suites did not have a sofa bed I was really disappointed the hotel staff offered another two rooms for discounted rate but that wasn't what we wanted the hotel staff blame that on booking I called booking.com and they blamed it on the hotel so basically they put the blame on each other they brought cuts to the two rooms that was supposed to have a sofa bed which was so small we wanted up sleeping in the queen beds squished together I really wanted to go home I was so aggravated it was my dad's birthday all we wanted to do was have a good time so be careful how y'all bought these rooms on booking.com I never had this problem before I usually booked through Expedia I see why now don't worry about the price difference you will get what you want thank you oh yeah I forgot booking.com offer me $10 per room the price difference from The Suite to the other one so they gave me a credit of $25 but that didn't help me sleep well that night they also asked me if I wanted to switch to a different Hotel that would help fulfill my needs but I was already unpacked

Everything was nice even had a friendly staff

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

I liked the Convenience of the location.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

The breakfast was ok but it could have been better. And the kitchen area is very small everyone was piled on top of one another.

I liked the Convenience of the location. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Also the rooms were a good size.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable. Wish it were less noisy.
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

It was very noisy. Kids running through halls till 1am. Loud banging overhead also late into the night. Sounded like running. Neighboring room had kids yelling, screaming and laughing til 2am. Next time I would request top floor.

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

Overall experience was excellent.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Normally a receipt is slide under the door on the morning of checkout. I had to request a receipt then the staff had difficulty printing it.

Overall experience was excellent.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

Relaxing and enjoyable!
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

The dryer took a little longer than it should but overall there wasn't anything that we just didn't like.

The pool had a gate around it and there was no possible way that a toddler could open it!

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Good ending to a bad day!
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

We booked a room with a sofa bed when we got in our room, it did not have a sofa bed. Initially we were told there were no available rooms with a sofa even though that is what we booked and we were told they could not give us a refund that we would have to go through booking.com. A second desk clerk told the first one who was assisting us that there was one available room with a sofa bed and gave us the room so we ended up staying. We had been driving for more than 8 hours so this was a relief.

The room was clean and comfortable. We booked here because we were traveling with 2 teenagers and the availability of a sofa bed was the reason we booked this location. Breakfast was also a bonus.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Uncomfortable Stay in Valdosta
    • Two Queen Beds with Sitting Area- Non-Smoking

I didn't like the size of the room, I specifically asked for accommodations for 5. But I got accommodation for 4.. My granddaughter had to sleep in between me and my adult son. And the Air Conditioning unit was EXTREMELY LOUD, It made a noise every time that it cycled on and off. The Bathroom didn't have enough towels or wash clothes for 5 people.

We didn't have to drive very far for food or shopping.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Breakfast was good.

Breakfasts

Breakfast was good. The staff was very friendly and it was nice to see smiling faces.the only complaint is that it's the same breakfast that other places give u. Always scrambled eggs and those horrible grey sausages. Why not serve bacon​ or ham sometimes. Also instead of waffles, which take along time and cause a backup, why not have french toast or pancakes.also should have fresh berries. Just a suggestion.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Super clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I always mark Value for Money lower because I think most, if not all, rooms in most hotels are simply too expensive. Hampton Inn will still remain my hotel of choice though.

Super clean and comfortable. These hotels are more expensive but you can rely on them for quality in everything.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2017

Everything was great except the hard beds
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

the beds were horrible very hard and we didn't rest at all. my trip would have been better if I wasn't so tired .

the property was clean the staff was friendly

• Reviewed: March 25, 2017

Best hotel in Valdosta,Ga, Hampton Inn and Suites!
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Cannot honestly think of a thing, was one of the best Hamptons we've ever stayed at.

Staff excellent! Fabulous happy hr, whoever came up with that idea, genius!

• Reviewed: January 30, 2017

Clean, comfortable room.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The floor was a little uneven. That didn't bother us.

The staff was friendly and efficient. The bed was comfortable. Great location right off the Interstate.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2017

Not bad but room for improvement.

Clerk didn't know about the safe:took forever to open. Bartender didn't know how to fix a bloody Mary. Pillows were too soft.

Bed nice. Location good. Nice friendly staff.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2017

Greate !!! Hotel
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

More fruits on the breakfast, and more strong coffe

Room was very clean, I got a note from the house keeper, it was nice that she took the time to write and offer her services

• Reviewed: January 9, 2017

Rooms were clean, well ventilated and up to standards
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was dreadful. Watery scrambled eggs and hot dogs cut up like sausages. Stale muffins. Would not go back there. Bed was too hard. Not the usual HI comfort.

Rooms were clean, well ventilated and up to standards

• Reviewed: December 9, 2016

Would stay again
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Your hotel should be like the embassy suites breakfast not country inn and suites

The room was perfect the breakfast was not so tasty for the class of your hotel

• Reviewed: October 9, 2016

Special Birthday visit became entangled with Hurricane Matthew
    • King Studio with Bath Tub - Disability Access

I was surprised to have a dog next door which barked some.

Quiet, even though it was crowded with Hurricane Matthew evacuees. Everyone was calm and nice and the staff handled it well.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2016

Hurricane leaks and drips
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were in our room when the 8/16 hurricane blew over. The windows leaked and dripped all night, also there was a leak in the ceiling that hit the sofa. The sound kept me awake. We did get a discount. I think the whole building is in need of repair

This was a stop over from our trip from Florida to Savannah

• Reviewed: September 19, 2016

September Georgia trip
    • King Studio with Bath Tub - Disability Access

At Hampton in general, I don't like the flimsy cups. And the coffee bar could be more efficient; lines seem to form.

The location is so convenient and the staff cry kindly set aside my sneakers I left behind and held the for me until I returned. This was our third stay there and we will continue to stay there.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2016

We had the best time ever the best sleep the best food and the staff was as if they were family and
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Don't ever change there was nothing that I didn't like I love everything about the hotel and Hotel staff

I love how I was not having any back or shoulder pain when I woke up in the morning and how quiet it was and no doors slamming and breakfast was amazing. I had to pull the sheets back to find that they were Serta mattresses and I am actually buying one this week

• Reviewed: September 5, 2016

Serina, the front desk worker was amazing.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Serina, the front desk worker was amazing. Super nice and always had a smile on her face! Our a/c broke at some point during the early morning and she discounted our room.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2016

High Ratings on Booking.com Not Reflective of Reality!! Would Not Stay Again
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

1. Had to switch rooms after checking in... deadbolt didn't work. 2. No exhaust fan in the bathroom... got very hot and damp during showers. 3. Floors in the stairwell were wet from being mopped, but no warning signs anywhere to be seen.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2016

Great bedding and shower

Oops, I answered both above

My wife *loved* the comfortor. I noticed a soft spot in the floor, which will likely fail soon. Very good water pressure in the shower (these two may be related).

• Reviewed: August 25, 2016

Pretty cool
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping could have been a little better

Awesome facility. When we arrived they served refreshments and alcohol. (And even had Soda for the kids) Breakfast staff was awesome.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2016

Bestr breakfast bar ever!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

outstanding breakfast bar ! comfortable bed and easy to move around room. Friendly, knowledgeable young lady greeted us when we checked in & informed us of all the amenities available to us

• Reviewed: August 20, 2016

Hampton Inns are always known for being good and comfortable.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Broken light mounts in lamps, missing screws to lamp shades, faucet handles turned backwards and, depending on your room location, noise from the interstate.

Hampton Inns are always known for being good and comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

I wouldn't stay at this Hampton Inn again.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was terrible, worst I've had at any Hampton Inn. The front desk charged me and my sister both for the one room. I put the room on my credit card and she used her credit card to purchase a ticket for Wild Adventure. After we checked out we noticed that we both were charged for the room! It took from Sunday until today, Tuesday, to get everything straighten out and get my sister's credit card credited back. Jade was very helpful in getting this taken care of but it never should have happened in the the beginning.

The location was good

• Reviewed: July 25, 2016

comfortable stay
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

More space for breakfast area. We were there on a Saturday morning in July around 8:30 am and it was extremely crowded. Breakfast choices were good, there were just long lines.

comfortable bed, a lot of space in the king room

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Location and the facility was very clean

Location and the facility was very clean

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Will stay again
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The luggage racks were a bit unstable. Need renewing.

easy access from I75

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Fantastic.

Everything was excellent.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Will stay again

Comfortable and clean. Close to highway Staff are nice

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Breakfast was very good, managers happy hour, was nicely...
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very good, managers happy hour, was nicely done. Convenient location, Walmart next to it. We will stay there again.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2018

• Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

Great breakfast. Very clean. Modern facility. Nice staff.

Great breakfast. Very clean. Modern facility. Nice staff.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends
    • Two Queen Beds Studio Suite

My AC went out in the middle the night and it got hot

The breakfast was great

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Convenient

Convenient

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

Would go there again if needed to travel to Dothan!

Liked everything!

Comfortable beds and clean room!

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Everything was awesome!

Everything was awesome!

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

musty smell on our floor and our room (4th floor)
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

musty smell on our floor and our room (4th floor)

• Reviewed: June 6, 2018

Was great friendly staff made the stay so much nicer.
    • Standard Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

View but it's just where the hotel is there isn't a view

Staff was very friendly