Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Valley Forge-Oaks 3 stars

100 Cresson Boulevard, Phoenixville, PA 19460, USA

#1 of 4 hotels in Phoenixville

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The food was subpar. The juice machine was malfunctioning and there wasn’t a note or anything and I watched numerous people get sprayed with orange juice.

Everyone was super friendly and it was clean.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The windows in the first floor rooms didn't have enough privacy. The housekeeping staff didn't take our trash on more than one occasion. There was even one day when housekeeping did not visit our room at all the entire day. The internet kept disconnecting on us and at one point one of our room keys just stopped working. Also, the food is what you would expect from a free breakfast. The only thing that wasn't terrible was the waffles.

The staff at the front desk were friendly. They always greeted us with a, "Good morning" when we came out for breakfast. Also, the waffles were pretty good.

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Complimentary included breakfast was not worth it. Eat elsewhere but nothing really around for breakfast foods. Room had little to no toiletries and housekeeping not even seen until last day of checkout. Make sure you brought your own items like soap, etc. and don’t count on the hotel for them. Possible this was due to the noticed lack of housekeeping staff during our stay. It could have been situational and not a normal example of their daily operations.

Dispite appearing understaffed everyone was smiling, pleasant, and accommodating with a great service attitude.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly. The complimentary breakfast was great! I enjoyed the different breakfast options that were offered each morning. The coffee was very good, I don't normally drink the coffee provided at hotels. The bedding was extremely comfortable, I had no issue falling right to sleep.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had a small problem with housekeeping. Started out with 4 towels, then 2 towels and no tp, so front desk sent Mike with all our stuff every day. They only left 4 towels again the last day - duh! Other than that, was fine.

Location. attention to detail from the staff, breakfast except the last day (no eggs - hockey team ate them all) and comfortable bed. mike was a very dedicated staff member. he's a keeper.

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Toliet didn't flush properly but contacted desk and was promptly fixed. When we arrived around 3:20, the room was not ready even though it had a 3:00 check in time. Breakfast offered was fair. A little on expensive side.

Were in king suite as only thing available. It was very spacious. The bed was super comfortable. Liked that bathroom had night light. It was very clean. Staff very pleasant and friendly.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't think the staff member during the check in or check out process was very professional

The breakfast sausage was really good and love the fact you have a waffle maker!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were comfy, housekeeping kept room clean and attentive to our needs, various tasty choices offered at continental breakfast, friendly staff and managers. Provided a quiet nights rest after busy days at a reasonable expense.

There is a lock on the bathroom door on the inside that gets locked easily even when you don’t want it to lock. We had to have someone come and open it up for us.

Breakfast was great. Room clean. Employees helpful

Our room had a microwave and refrigerator, but our friend's room did not. I would recommend that all rooms have that wonderful convenience.

Convenient access, exceptionally friendly desk staff, comfy bed, close to Perkiomen Trail and Audubon homestead of Mill Grove.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bar and dining only available at the adjacent Hilton - may be better too poay a little more and stay there. Breakfast adequate but no it more than that,

Convenient location close to the highway.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Clean quiet and very friendly staff. I also liked the breakfast in the morning, though the exercise room I wish I had had newer equipment

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We have never received our receipt. Every time they try via email it fails. Could please send us a hard copy to the address below: 1731 Route 9 Unit 126 Ocean View, N.J. 08230 Thanks

Street signs in the area of the hotel are non-existent. Cresson Blvd (your address) was hard to find and did not come up on our GPS.

Eggs with chunks of ham and cheese, were fluffy and warm. coffee was good. Bed quilt is a little heavy. Would have preferred a mid-weight blanket but was too lazy to climb out of bed to look for one.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I am not sure if our treatment was because we booked through Booking.com instead of the hotel directly. But we were on an upper floor though my daughter's dad asked we be close to him and he was on 2nd floor. Room temperature kept fluctuating, had to ask for toilet paper, bathtub stopper did not work well, room had funny smell, didn't get any room cleaning, clean towels, beds straightened on first day. Second day they "cleaned" but very hap hazardly. Like they didn't care - sheets and comforter just sort of thrown up to look like they attempted to make. I chose Hampton because of not being familiar with the area and wanted a hotel I could rely on. I was highly disappointed as I felt I paid a good price higher than cared too for the days. As a single mom on a very limited budget I was extremely disappointed. Didn't even try the breakfast another reason wanted to stay at Hampton because my daughter's dad said let's not eat here it is not the quality use to.

It was within close proximity to the college my daughter is considering. One reason I picked it.

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping had some minor issues restocking items needed.

Breakfast had a variety and varied from day-to-day. Front desk people were excellent and accommodating. Les is the man!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect for us. Thank you.

The location was perfect for what we were here for (ice hockey games). Lots of restaurants near by and a huge mall only a few miles away.

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

wash basin got clogged and was unable to use it till next day as at night maintenance folks were not available. Glad they asked if room need to be shifted.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Arrived after midnight but had called ahead to alert staff of time. Room was paid for by friend plus one for his mother. First sent to mother's room by mistake. Went back to desk, essentially told no other room booked. and clerk kind of disappeared while were at the incorrect room. Another clerk straightened it out. Very time consuming. Then, bill for room appeared on our credit card. I called and spoke to one gentleman who said that he would check into it and promised to call me when fixed. Did not happen and I had to call again, when a lady had to go through the same work again because the first man made no notes and I suspect did nothing. That made me angry and should make you angry also. The person booking our rooms is one of your highest level point members

No fridge

Staff was terrific, and went above and beyond to help us! However was disappointed there was no fridge in my room to store my insulin. Parking lot was full, so had to park car at Bob Evans for awhile, no big deal. Breakfast was great!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel showed the stresses of full booking. Main light in the room was burned out - wrote a note with the bulb but no replacement was provided. Ran out of both tissues & toilet tissue - there was no backup in the room - had to call for more. Elevator broke & remaining one was unresponsive. After waiting 10 minutes, we walked our bags down from the 5th floor.

The hotel was sold out, so the staff was busy, yet still helpful & friendly. No matter the situation, they tried to please the lodgers.

Problem with room and reservation upon arrival. Was not given the room I ordered essentially; and never corrected information when was told I was the guest although I provided my ID and credit card. Was not provided a valid receipt for reimbursement.

Convenient to Expo where United Methodist Conference was held.

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

I didn't like that they overcharged me and didn't give me the Bookings.com rate and I had to go back and forth for them to credit my card.

The room had a microwave and refrigerator.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• King Suite with Fireplace

the supplies for using the kitchen were meager to say the least. Room sleeps 6 only 3 plates etc. two cooking pans no bowl to mix anything no can opener or large serving spoon. Not well thought out

The beds were comfortable. There was a full sized refrigerator and two hobs plus a dish washer for cooking.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No extra toilet paper or bath cups in our room. I would think that would be the first thing a housekeeper would look for.

Liked that there were snacks at the front desk, like brownies, but unfortunately they were all gone when we checked in.

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

The staff was efficient and friendly, from check in to maid service to Breakfast prep. We were close to what we wanted to see, but still very quiet room.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

I couldn't get Hilton points or a receipt because I had reserved through booking.com

Hampton Inns are great - I especially love that all of the bed linens and covers are laundered in very hot water between customers.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

Ran out of toilet paper and tissues. Had to go downstairs to resupply out drinking cups.

Bed comfortable. Staff very friendly. Breakfast nice. Great location for us, regarding visiting friends and family. Always feel welcomed when we use hotel. Manager very hospitable and warm.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The omelettes were a surprise (welcomed). Tasty and not over cooked. There were choices for everyone. The staff was friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Very glad about the late (noon!) check out. Would stay at this particular Hampton Inn again.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything was good. There really wasn't anything that we didn't like.

The staff at the front desk was super friendly and the hotel was very nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Had to report a sink drainage problem to housekeeping. Such conditions should be better inspected by staff.

Well situated for visits to Valley Forge and Audubon House. Amenities generally consistent with Hampton Inn standards.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom could have been a tad cleaner (a stray hair here and there), but it was still very clean! Overall, I was very happy with my stay.

The front desk staff was amazing!! Incredibly helpful and generous; Lester definitely went the extra mile and gave me a much-appreciated room upgrade. I only stayed one night, but I very much enjoyed it!

• King Suite with Fireplace

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Good

Not at this time

Nothing really

Staff were all friendly and helpful. Great location for our needs. Clean and comfortable.

Very satisfied!

Very quiet; great location.

Love the bed

Continental breakfast

Open space in the hotel room

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room is clean and comfortable.its a bit far from the city center.

the breakfast was a little disappointing, except for the waffles

the bed was so comfortable

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No fridge, microwave or safe.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Called the front desk multiple times and nobody lifted the phone

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast; clean room; pleasant safe environment

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was hoping to find lower priced rooms for 1 person that would be more affordable

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent location for visiting our family in the area.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were very professional and helpful. Breakfast buffet was very good with many choices. Quiet rooms, comfortable beds.

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

Could use a little more parking spaces at night.

Everything was 100%

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, good accommodations, and an excellent breakfast.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was amazing - so very friendly and helpful! Rob and Les were exceptional! Great value for our rooms, excellent breakfast buffet.

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The location was easy to find and met our needs.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast offerings very poor quality/selection

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Had to call a taxi to pick me up. Reception didn't do it for me.

Big room. Soft sheets. Good service. Basic breakfast.

N/a

Staff was very helpful and accommodating

Waffles not so good

variety

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bed and blankets were very comfy :)

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It was good it just wasn't worth the amount of money it cost

Wasn't worth the amount of money I spent

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Great beds, large bathroom.

Best pillows ever!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfy but the pillows were heaven!! Very friendly staff and excellent breakfast, that is served starting at 6:00 am.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was like a cloud, the breakfast bar was great with a good variety. The bathroom was fantastic, and the staff were great.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Anthony the day man at the front desk was excellent

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

no egg option only premade pancake and waffle for hot food

there at theright time

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Walls too thin..party in room next store. No sleep after travelling. and shopping all day

Aesthetically pleasing

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator or microwave in the room; the beds were uncomfortable and creaked when you sat or turned on them.

Friendly staff, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not as good as it used to be. Room not thoroughly cleaned. Cleanliness not what it used to be. Not the same Hampton it once was.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• King Room with Tub Non-Smoking

Front desk staff is always very friendly and helpful

Na

Staff was extremely pleasant

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't take advantage of the breakfast so we can't comment on it.

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Waffle station for breakfast - YUM. Great location to the Expo Center. Would stay again for sure!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I don't eat eggs, but the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool was not in order. Outdoor temp was extremely warm. Kids were very disappointed

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The breakfast was fresh and wonderful

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Cheaper rates, it's out of hand for a place to sleep and pay $125.00 a night or more.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

breakfast the eggs were terrible and the sausage gravy was gross. air conditioner in room too loud

the staff was great and very clean

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

The room was great for the amount of money we paid. Nice size for a suite, well stocked kitchen (plates, utensils, etc.) and good size fridge. Perfect for travel with our 2 young children.

There are also 62 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.