Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Washington-Dulles International Airport 3 stars

22700 Holiday Park Drive, Sterling, VA 20166, USA

#6 of 20 hotels in Sterling

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Helpful suggestions at check in on where to eat. The room was clean and comfortable and the Jacuzzi bath very good. Breakfast was good. Very easy to reach from Dulles Airport. Lots of free parking.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

External amenities - this location is in the middle of a business park so you have to drive a distance to find restaurants, etc.

Spacious suite, comfortable bed and chair for working at the desk; good breakfast selection and hours, 6:00-10:00. Needed to extend our stay; reservation staff most accommodating in working us into the same room so we didn’t have to move.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

a little concern about pool readings, as an experience with pool treatment i would recommend to keep the levels of PH about 7.0 - 7.2, also depending on pool use, a backwash once a month, also a pound of pool granulate shock once a week, this will maintain the water crispy clear and the levels of chlorine in a lower standards, lets remember a high PH level will result a burning sensation in the eyes, bromine numbers was also little high, you can level those numbers with the chlorination feeder. Hope this can help other than that the pool and the pool area excellent

love the service and staff members of the facility, a very good and healthy breakfast variety every morning, the accommodations at the waiting area gave me a feeling i was home, the hotel it self very clean and organized. Very humble staff members, the rooms were very well clean and attend. Everyone has a smile as soon you walk in to the hotel and believe me they make you feel welcome and special

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was a spacious size, very clean, comfy pillows, good breakfast variety. Great heated pool area. A couple minutes from a Sheetz, for those PA travellers..

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

It was suppose to be a romantic valentine weekend so we booked the juccuzzi room and as we were taking a bath we noticed bugs we checked out the same night we had 2 rooms

The bed was comfortable indoor pool

• King Room with Bath - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

My husband wanted bacon on one of the mornings. That was one of disappointments for him, but he has high cholesterol so to me it wasn't a bad thing..

Excellent location near family. This was our second stay. We will always stay here.

A nice touch would be to have complimentary microwave popcorn and water in the room.

Very friendly staff, clean, and breakfast buffet was great, my son loved the chocolate sauce and whip cream available for waffles. Nice touch. I enjoyed the flavored creamers.

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

There wasn't really anything I didn't like about my stay here.

The bed was great! Loved the free breakfast and really loved the whirlpool tub in my room

• King Room with Bath - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Great location for an early AM flight from Dulles International Airport. Room was spacious, the bed very comfortable and food delivery from a local restaurant was very good. Overall, this was an excellent value.

We didn't get a chance to eat because we had an early flight out, but we're provided a snack bag that included water, apple, breakfast bar and a muffin...

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Shuttle took a bit of time to arrive. Room smelled...different, like someone had snuck a cigarette from the window that opened. Also, carpet was damp in front of the bathroom.

Once the shuttle arrived everything went smoothly. Staff at check-in and housekeeping were extremely helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this property!

Room 204 needs some maintenance work on the heating. All nights were chilly and could not get as much warmth as we would have liked, but didn't feel like complaining (I hate complainers), but the last night was nothing but cold air so we shut it off. I did mention it to the front desk fellow on our way out.

Almost everything! The girls in The kitchen were particularly impressive!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The a/c didn't keep The room cool enough.

The beds were so comfy. The price was great for the quality of the hotel. Very pleased and would definitely stay there again!

A person who wasn't the cleaning lady entered the room without knocking still don't know who she was. She said she was a supervisor, and I'm Lincoln's grandfather!

We checked in late and were unable to buy beer or wine. We were told that it was a law for the area.

The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We booked last minute and the rate was exceptional. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was much better than most complimentary ones.

Some tv’s in the gim did not work.

Lovely breakfast- fresh fruit and homemade oats! Nice gim. Shuttle bus in evening to malls was very convenient. Will definitely stay there again!

I can't controlling and set up temperature of Air condition in the room. Staff of shuttle van (Lady) who picked us up on Airport she driving really fast and dangerous driving!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price increased $40 for same type room 2 months earlier.

Close to airport, free shuttle, clean rooms, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, comfortable beds.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel shuttle driver backed into the front of my car while I was in it! I was frantically blowing the horn but he did not stop! When I got out of my vehicle to check for damage he simply rolled his shoulders and oh well sorry! I had just finished taking my bags in and was leaving for an appointment that I couldn’t be late for when I returned he was gone! I should have at the very least received a discount on my room or something! Very disappointed in his conduct!

Located fairly well room was adequate

The people in the room next to us were smoking weed and it permeated the entire hallway. Notified the staff but the only thing done was masking it with spray

All was perfect.

Perfect hotel, best price for really high quality, bathroom was super nice, everything like new, Inside pool was perfect, gym nice, all day coffee, decaf, tea, hot chocolate and cookies for free in lobby. Breakfast was included and nice. Good WiFi too.

it would have helped if the hotel had a bar. we had to walk to the marriot for a beer

the hotel did the job, we had a long flight and just needed a bed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They provide a ham pieces inside vegetable omelet without having the sign to clear it contains a ham ingredients. But the staff of the kitchen has notify us regarding that.

place cleanness

I had an extra charge from the hotel on my account. I did not like being charged and not being notified what I was charged for.

The room was nice, clean and comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No restaurant or bar. Breakfast was simple and only plastic cups, dishes and cutlery were available. Not nice to eat on/with and bad for the environment!

Fine hotel close to Dulles Airport. Nothing special but okay for a night.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No water bottles in the room. Not even one.

Receptionist Mr. Soni was very helpful. We were traveling with an infant and ran out of milk so Soni accommodates us with milk rather than forcing me to go shopping. This was a very appreciated gesture for weary travellers.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

They block 50 dollars per night for the case of possible damage . Stuff didnt warn about it on check-in. And the transaction was made at 2am. It is ridiculous.

Excellent hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet offered a wide variety of fresh foods. Rooms were kept nice and tidy. This hotel appears to be a convention stay hotel. Lots of middle easterners were there when we stayed. Indoor pool and spa were well cared for.

I could find no flaws which is why I stay at a Hampton when I can

My wife is in a wheelchair so they upgraded us to a handicap room on the first floor that had a walk in shower.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Shower head water presuure was low ,also cannot change shower head angle I prefer egg white instead of whole eggs

Breakfast was good , warm 80 plus pool temperature and pool late open timing was good , cookies in evening good Friendly staff , clean rooms

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rending a car is rather essential if you choose this hotel.

Value for money hotel comparing with the same star/quality hotels in Washington DC. Staff very polite. I would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

We were in a non smoking hotel... and all we could smell all night long was someone in a room next to us smoking. The towels were dirty, I found a burger on the very first towel I picked up. The room had a whirlpool tub that had mold in the jets and a dirt ring around the whole tub.

Close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

There was no frigerator no microwave the coffee machine was in the bathroom very insatisfied and wish I could get a refund back they said they weren't going to charge my card when I gave it to them just in cause damages happend and they charged it 50$ I will not be going back to their again

The elevator smell really bad I ask a room with a view and I got a room the at the air conditioning system the noise keep weakening me up every time it turn on. We couldn't sleep because of the noise so we went back home really early on the morning didn't even eat breakfast.

The bed was confortable. The rooom was ok.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Comfortable beds and great facilities. Coffee is available in the guests lounge anytime. Good breakfast too. There's a free shuttle to and from the airport too.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The hotel was good but I have confused about my payment after checked out. 1. According to my booking, I would pay the hotel fees after I arrived at the hotel. However, my credit card was charged about 83 USD before 1 day I arrived at the hotel. 2. When I checked in, the receptionist asked me to give the credit card and she said that it was deposit in the case if we use any extra service from the hotel. However, the hotel charged my card 50 USD on the day we stayed 3. Next morning, when we checked out, I asked ably being charged 50 USD, the hotel said that they did not charge anything from my card. In addition, I asked about my payment when I checked out, the hotel said they did not know because my payment would be charged by booking.com 4. In brief, how much did I pay for the hotel???? Could I have the receipt??? If my payment is only 83 USD, it will be fine because it was the payment for our staying at the hotel. However, why Was i charged 50 USD by the hotel??! I really don't get it.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

i felt the furniture kinda old

staff were super friendly, they prepare breakfast "to go" to those whom traveling and don't have time to have their breakfast.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We thought the hotel would have easier access to downtown D.C. We haven't been in D.C. for about 15 years ... the traffic was horrendous!!!!!!!

The food was wonderful, as it always is at a Hampton! The room was fine, the bed was fine, etc., breakfast was yummie, as usual; the staff its usual gracious self. The hotel made our stay!

Staff and service.

No hot water was coming in the room. When complained the lady at reception said she has no one to attend. Lady at the reception was very rough. She told that anytime I come, I will get d shuttle to airport, but later on I realized it was to be booked and goes at predecided times. I got late for the airport. Pathetic staff. Will never stay.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First room had a person already in it - Front desk had no clue - In the new room, the shower didn't work and I didn't know that until 6:00 am the next morning when I had to take my first tub bath in probably 30 years. Asked to get it repaired on way out - got back at 9:30 pm - not fixed - they sent a guy up and got it fixed in an hour.

More terminals in the business center

Spacious room, excellent breakfast and good shuttle service to Dulles International Airport. Good fitness center and a nice pool to relax in. Wi-fi and business center allowed us to check our email after several days of non-use while traveling overseas.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• King Room with Bath - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Stayed for one night. Room very clean. Bed very comfortable. Bathroom again, very clean well stocked with towels shampoo etc. Breakfast room very clean, lovely Breakfast plenty to choose from. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Would have been nice to have a fridge in the room. Also had trouble getting the TV to work; had to call the front desk for help and look for the remote sensor and reattach it in the correct location.

Nice facility. Comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Linens were clean, and comfortable. Breakfast bar had healthy choices too. Hotel has an overall good quality feel. Front desk staff checked in with me, unprompted to make sure everything was good.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our air conditioning wasn't working very well. Could not get room under 76 degrees. Called 2 times, no change. Bathroom had no exhaust fan so with the temperature it was hard to dry without sweating more.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

See above

Overall happy but not advised until arrival that pool was broken.after traveling all day in D.C. Did not feel like taking a shuttle in 100degree weather to cool down. Wish this info had been advised prior to arrival

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

The bed was super comfortable. I ended up getting sick the day that I drove up, so having a nice bed to recooperate in was nice. Also, the ease of access to everything was super nice. I was totally unfamiliar with the area and the traffic. I had a meeting one exit up, and it only took me roughly 10 minutes to get to where I needed to be. I enjoyed breakfast too. There was quite a selection to choose from. Muffins, pastries, fruit, yogurt, a waffle maker, cereal, eggs and sausage, all good stuff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Awesome breakfast! Hot and cold. Something for everyone. Very clean. Bed like sleeping in a cloud. Staff super friendly. Kids liked pool

Breakfast was great and rooms were clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Liked

Very clean and price reasonable

Coffee

👌👌👌👌

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

breakfast served on paper plates and plastic silverware.

convenient location. nice breakfast.

Being on the traffic side of the building.

Breakfast was great!! Choices were very good.

Nice room Inc hot tub.

Everything. Todo

Goid

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't get my two bottles of water

My room was very quite and I had a great nights rest

189 dollars is overpriced

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Didn’t stay long enough to say

The ample room. The friendly faces. And very courteous staff.

Area, breakfast

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

People were accommodating and kind.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Very nice rooms, breakfast. Found this room when stranded by a winter storm. Has shuttle service to the airport every 30 mins.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hot tub the pool the breakfast the room everything free laundry it was just a great place had a very relaxing time

I smoke,little easier access

Spacious rooms,pillows are awesome,different breakfast every day

better communication with the shuttle arrangements to airport

choice for eggs was great. bed comfy

• King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Breakfast, spa tub and comfortable bed.

dirty coverlet

Great staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the entire hotel was clean. The whole stay was great!

Comfortable all around

Staff is very nice.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

fees for extra days parking

great staff well maintained property

Bed very comfortable; easy to regulate temp in room; nice shower; good wifi connection.