Reviews of Hampton Inn Atlanta-Georgia Tech-Downtown 2 stars

244 North Avenue Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30313, USA

#95 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

The staff did everything possible to help and fixed any...
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Pay to park is an aweful concept especially when you are paying for a room.we had a room mix up but got it fixed . We were on first floor street side...a noise canceling wall with sound damping glass would have been amazing

The staff did everything possible to help and fixed any mistakes

Excellent stay, friendly staff, clean rooms, great view! Thank you!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have no complaints. I am a coffee drinker and coffee was there 24/7!

Great experience. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Parking on-site! Great breakfast, clean rooms. Great location for walking to almost anything: restaurants, parks, games, shopping, banks, etc. This was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the Atlanta area. I highly recommend this hotel!

The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The A/C was noisy (not more than other hotels with this type of unit, but too noisy for me and tough to get the room the desired temp. The bathroom lacked a fan.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, breakfast was nice.

overall it was ok
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

could have had firmer or more pillows instead of cotton balls.The main hallway often smelled like a gas leak

The breakfast was awesome and offered a variety and the staff was very nice and I love the keycard elevator it help track where the guest might go

I would recommend this hotel to my family, friends and co-workers because it was a great stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was good for us.

The staff friendly, helpful especially Mr. Quinn. Check-in/out was fast. Late check-out granted because of late Flight. Rooms clean, food good, excellent coffee, hotel convenience, Shuttle service was a welcomed bonus.

Nice hotel and friendly staff—wish parking was free.

Some staff (a man and woman) were arguing in the hallway near the breakfast and elevators—not about work, something personal. They were being very ugly and it was awkward. I also didn’t like that parking was $20/day and that info was buried in the description of the confirmation email. That should be made more clear or simply included in the price.

The desk staff and valet were very nice. The room was clean. The breakfast was decent. I used the fitness room and, though small, it met my needs for cardio. It also had a dumbbell rack that I did not use.

Bed was incredibly comfortable, room was the perfect size,...

Only complaint is that the room next to me was VERY loud. That's of no fault to the hotel, of course, but the walls between rooms were so thin, I could hear every word of my neighbors' conversations clear as day.

Bed was incredibly comfortable, room was the perfect size, and the staff was very friendly.

They charge you extra money without notice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The wifi bad, it only worked the first day. Despite we ask them to fix it, they didn't do it. They charged in our card extra $100 dolars that are not written in the receipt, and without notice. We have to phone back to ask for the refund, and now we have to keep an eye until they do it.

Breakfast good

Friendly staff, nice, large rooms, but road noise a bit loud at night.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived early and asked for an early check in. We were told that we could call back later to see when it would be ready, but they would be unable to call us. It would have been nice for them to take that extra step to help us out and let us know when our room would be ready, but it was no big inconvenience. The only real complaint was the road noise was a bit loud at night. I will probably book there again.

The staff at the front desk, at the entrance, and all housekeeping that we met were extremely friendly.The room was very clean, updated, nice beds and bedding. Rooms were on the large size, so that was nice also.

Wonderful hotel near everything!

This property was in the perfect location close to all the best spots in Atlanta like the aquarium and Coca Cola World. There is also a shuttle that will take you to several places so you don't have to battle Atlanta traffic. The staff were all so very nice, especially the valet who were just wonderful. They were friendly to my child and made us feel welcome during our stay. The room was clean and the breakfast each morning was good. I've seen complaints about the daily parking fee, but every hotel has that in Atlanta, and $20 is on the lower end - with nice valet employees like this hotel, they make it worth it!

Perfect location for a swim meet at GT, very clean, great breakfast and wonderful staff.

My biggest complaint s that the air conditioning unit only went down to 71 degrees. I don't know if they are all that way. I didn't ask if there was something wrong with it. I wish I could have at least put the temperature to 68 degrees. Also the ice maker on the 4th floor was not working the whole time we were there, even though I mentioned it to somebody at the front desk. I also thought it was pricy for a 3 star hotel because I have friends who stayed at more upscale hotels in the area for less but the location for me was key.

I loved this hotel. The location is optimal for swim meets at Georgia Tech. We could walk to the aquatic center from the hotel, thus not having to pay for parking at the meet. The room was very comfortable. The staff was great. It was quiet. Good breakfast options and not terribly crowded. We found an empty table both mornings. Loved the staff, especially the valets. Refrigerator in the room. Microwave in the breakfast area available to guests during the day.

I like the fact that it wasnt a high traffic area
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didnt like the cleanliness of the linens they had look like a dirty white instead of white toilet wasnt cleaned loomed like they spot wiped with a paper towel

I like the fact that it wasnt a high traffic area

A hotel with responsive and helpful staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet was blocked and overflowing. Nonetheless, we really appreciate prompt and helpful responses by the hotel staff (great job in responding to our calls!). However, it looks like there should be regular check on the toilet facilities to ensure it works well and any issue, if any, is handled and fixed before the next guess arrives.

The staff were very helpful. The hotel is close to Georgia Tech.

So so

Breakfast was not good. Pillows flat. Room could have been cleaner. A lot of mechanical noises could be heard in our room. Not sure wear it was coming from.

The location was good. The size of the rooms good. Availability of shuttle was nice.

Pretty good hotel for the money.

Close to street, so you can hear cars and sirens going by if you’re on the street side. Additional $20 per night for parking.

Nice location for easy access to Downtown Atlanta, though not in walking distance, especially if you have children.

Will not stay here again not worth for what I pay.

I read some reviews before I booked the hotel. But it was not as expected and nothing like some of the reviews said it was. The room was not clean, there were trash left on the tv stand, the room smells like people smoke in. The price was too high not worth it for the room we got.

The bed was comfortable and breakfast ok.

Would love to come again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent staff, very clean property, great breakfast, good internet and very pleasant personnel! Escaped from Irma and found a home away from home!

Breakfast was good

The air conditioning was broke and the iron got something brown on my white linen pants. I ask for wash cloths andnever received them. I'm glad I remembered to bring a few from home. The front desk were not friendly. Will not stay here again.

Breakfast was good

Easy access to Georgia Tech
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is the closest hotel to Georgia Tech's west side which is why I book it. The staff was pleasant. The valet parking was $20. a day but worth it especially since other hotels charge much more. Breakfast was standard but plentiful. We'll use it again.

Staffs are very nice and helpful.

A bit far from train station (Marta), but they have a free shuttle in a scheduled time.

Staffs are very nice and helpful. My room was clean and quite comfortable. I am happy and slept like a baby. Breakfast is nice and free coffee/tea at anytime. Free wi-fi also fast enough.

Wonderful wonderful wonderful

This hotel is the perfect spot it wasn't far from things I wanted to tour the staff was very nice & very helpful I would recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Atlanta I love the fact that u needed ur key to swipe in order to get to ur room or anywhere in the hotel felt very safe.

Good but not enough information is given to guests upfront about hotel accommodations/rules
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There were a few little things that could be overlooked by themselves but when added all together where a tad bit bothersome. Firstly, there was a refrigerator in the room but no microwave. Toward the end of our stay, we asked the receptionist if we could use the microwave in the lobby, and although they said we could, it was still inconvenient since we had to warm up our food and then bring it back up to our room. Secondly, there is no remote for the TV in our room. When we called the receptionist to ask about it, we were informed that they were on a first-come-first-serve basis--something we were never informed about but wish we were. Thirdly, there's an iron, but no iron-board (this type of situation seems to be a recurring issue doesn't it). We had to iron our clothes on the bed. The hotel also offers free shuttle service to its guests within a 2 mile radius--which sounds fantastic except when we called the receptionist about it, they didn't give us much information about it and spoke as if it was a well-known accommodation that everyone should already know about. We never really got to utilize this service. Lastly, there's valet parking at the hotel for $20 per day--which we were completely shocked to see when we first pulled up. We felt it wasn't the best accommodation because there were times when we wanted to grab something from our car but refrained from doing so because then the valet would have to find our keys and pull up our car just so we could get something out of it and then park it again for us. The hotel truly is a good one, but my recommendation to anyone thinking about staying at this hotel is to find out as much information about it as possible so you can avoid getting a headache later.

Great, warm welcome from the receptionist when we checked in. Big, comfortable beds in the room and wifi that works well. Location is right in the middle of downtown and is perfect for anyone looking to explore Atlanta. Luggage carriages are available--super helpful! For breakfast, apart from the usual coffee, waffle maker, toast, and cereals offered at hotels, this one had eggs, and sausage as well!

A bit disappointed.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I am almost bald and there was a long black hair in my shower.

The location was great but no one said the small parking lot for the resort was valet only. So parking valet was $20 a day forgive me when I didn't leave a tip. Really! The site should of given me this I information regardless of who I booked through.

I didn't like having to pay for vallet parking. I should be able to self-park. It's $20 to pay to park.

We stayed here for an ATLUTD game. Very nice to walk to the hotel from the game. Literally right next door.

Great location to catch a game @ Bobby Dodd
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Family was in ATL to catch an Atlanta United match. Chose this location because of its proximity to Bobby Dodd Stadium - literally just across the street - then a short walk to The Varsity. Great one night stay - room, staff, parking (all valet). Great atmosphere at breakfast with most of the conversation revolving around the previous night's match.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

The staff were AMAZING!

All was good!

The staff were AMAZING! Valet service and shuttle service were quick and friendly. Convenient to downtown Atlanta.. Breakfast was good, beds comfy, and size of room was nice.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Location for our trip to Georgia Tech and to see downtown...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was a little warm and the air conditioner didn't seem to cool as well as it should.

Location for our trip to Georgia Tech and to see downtown sites was excellent. We walked almost everywhere and when we got tired we were able to utilize the free hotel shuttle. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Close to aquarium

Night staff was rude. 20$ a day for parking. No vending machines. Shuttle is a joke. Ask the staff a question and they can't answer

Close to aquarium

Great Stay, close to MARTA
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom did not have a vent fan, but otherwise, very nice. No way to play hulu/Netflix from personal device, which would have made it more like home.

The room was great, very clean and well maintained.

Great friendly staff, close enough to downtown Atlanta, yet...

Our room overlooked a busy intersection and was relatively noisy. There were street lights directly outside the window at window level. The window curtain only extended 1/2 way so there was no way to block the light out. It felt like sleeping inside a parking garage. Being that the hotel is right next to GA Tech, college kids are expected however we had to call the front desk twice (once at 11pm and once at 2AM) as there was a large group of college kids that thought they would throw a party. The front desk did address this quickly though.

Great friendly staff, close enough to downtown Atlanta, yet far enough away to avoid some of the chaos. Food was good for a continental breakfast. I would stay again if I had a better room.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Not great, but it was close to where we needed to be.

The front desk staff did not tell us that some of the doors may open by lifting the handle. So we returned to the front desk after going to our fourth floor room only to be told to lift the handle instead of pushing it down, like a normal door handle. The front desk staff also seemed confused about how to bill incidentals resulting in a delay of my departure. I booked the hotel room for three people, but there were only two sets of towels in the room. The edge of the tub did not look clean and that made me wonder about the rest of the bathroom. The valet was not very friendly and the valets did not seem to communicate well with one another. The driveway into the hotel was not large enough to handle people arriving and valet parking.

The breakfast was sufficient, and the breakfast area was clean.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

It was good. Overall I'd think it's value for money.

Breakfast is simple and nice. The shuttle service is good and if you've a local number to call them that will be perfect as I have to rely on Talkatone connection which is unstable.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Convenient hotel for Coca-Cola or Georgia Tech

The building itself is a little worn down and could do with some updates/fixes. Breakfast was ok, could find good things to eat but some of the items could be of better quality, e.g. the fruit and pastries were dried out and clearly not fresh.

Great access to Georgia Tech & Coca-Cola office. Staff was very friendly and it was excellent value. Only a 10 minute walk from North Ave MARTA stop.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The staff makes this hotel shine.

I know I booked late and it was hard to get a room because there were lots going on but the pricing for a Hampton Inn was out of range of what I would normally pay at a Hampton Inn. Like double the money. 3 nights $911.00 with tax and parking. Yikes

The staff was what made this trip. They were amazing.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

The stay was ok but no-functioning frig.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator in the room did not work. We mentioned it to the front desk staff and we were asked us if it was plugged in. As a guest, I did not think it was appropriate for me to spend time diagnosing a non-functioning frig which was enclosed in a cabinet box. I later saw a electrical plug next to the cabinet but how would I know to what it was connected without digging into the equipment; not my job. Also maybe it was unplugged because the frig does not work or the cord does not reach the outlet. We could have used the frig but we put up without it. Even worse, the kind morning front desk staff graciously checked us in early in the day (hotels are not over-booked January). However later in the day we went out and when we returned in the afternoon our door card keys would not open the room door. Even though we were tired (we'd been out and about), we had to go back down to the front desk and the afternoon front desk staff told use we were not supposed to be in that room and asked us if we had already unpacked in the room. We of course had already unpacked early in the day. The front desk re-activated our card keys and we returned to and entered our room without problem. Another thing we did not like; we could hear noise in the evening from the room above our room. In the future I will always request a top-floor room. The cabinet door which enclosed the non-functioning frig was loose and eventually will fall off. It would be good if the hotel staff would check details like this which could inconvenience the guest.

The location was perfect for our visit to the Georgia Aquarium. The front desk staff, valet and kitchen staff were very nice. I did not want valet parking and am not accustomed to it but it turned out to be very good because we always loaded and unloaded immediately at the hotel entrance.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Very very disappointed
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My computer changed my dates It was supposed to be the 29th and 30th When I contacted the hotel to explain what had happened I was told there was nothing they could do So I just lost $150.00 for a mistake that happened from my computer not my error The staff was rude and hung up on me instead of trying to help me solve the problem I'm not sure I will ever stay at this hotel again All I wanted was for someone to help explain what I needed to do in order to correct the problem so I wouldn't loose my money and the person was rude and was too quick to hang up with out even trying to help me I needed a room for the correct night and he made me feel like it didn't matter if I stayed there or not. I booked a room at a different location after that because he acted as if my money wasn't important

Great location and the beds are very comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

I didn't mind the $20/day parking fee but nowhere...

I didn't mind the $20/day parking fee but nowhere did it say it was valet. I didn't like the fact that I had to unload my vehicle in a very narrow lane.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Overall, great stay--will stay there again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Walls seem thin both between rooms, and to the outside. Street noise was very loud.

The room was beautiful, comfortable beds, great bathroom, attractive furnishings. The breakfast was wonderful with variety of offerings.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Anniversary Ruined

I didn't like that the advertisement for the hotel said indoor pool and spa and upon arrival we found out that they didn't have neither. We check free parking and was not told on the site that parking was $20 a day which would of totalled an additional $60. We were there to celebrate our 12yr anniversary and my birthday but we made the best of it. We also had to unstop our on toilet. We were offered another room but someone else was downstairs transferring to another room because the TV didn't work. I paid a total of $482.00 and we don't think we will stay there again what we planned was ruined.

There was piece and quiet. The rest and relaxation was great. The front desk employees were wonderful.

Highly recommended for DragonCon if you don't want to stay at a host hotel.

One valet or bellhop, I'm not sure which, was rude Sunday night. One person does not remove the good experience, though. Overall, with that one exception, everyone was great.

The front desk staff and everyone that we spoke to with one exception was not only friendly, they were invested in our experience. We came for DragonCon, the bellhops where are helpful and even ask for pictures when we were in costume. Valet was helpful to the Uber drivers that we enlisted for driving back and forth to the convention, the front desk was nice and friendly and I will and have recommended the hotel to anyone not staying at a host hotel for DragonCon.

Best stay I've ever had!

No complaints.

The staff was extremely professional throughout our whole stay. Everyone was really helpful from valet to the front desk. The shuttle attendants would take us to our intended locations even during their off periods. They even recommended really good restaurants. We came up for Dragoncon so the weekend was very busy, but the quality of our stay never dropped.

Top notch service.

The comforter was rough and uncomfortable. The pillows were too soft.

The entire staff was fantastic. Literally everyone was friendly and helpful the entire weekend. The complementary breakfast and shuttle service were a great bonus.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Not bad I guess

You could hear police sirens throughout most of the night. If you are a light sleeper, it would be terrible.

The bed was so comfy. It was close to everything fun to do on our list.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Dont expect Hampton Inn quality here
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Valet parking only and valet was missing for 30 minutes when i arrived so we were stuck in our car after a 6 hour trip. Internet had been down for four days they said and they would not make any adjustments. One of the poorest managed Hampton Inns I have ever been in. Some great staff is overshadowed by some really poor racist staff.

Proximity to Georgia Tech

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Great business stay with helpful staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking daily.

The staff was very friednly always greeting with a hello and smile. The front desk was willing to help and offered discounts and suggestions of travel safely around the city.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

It was an ideal location if you are doing anything related...

It was an ideal location if you are doing anything related to Georgia Tech. It was also a convenient walk to Midtown Atlanta. Lastly, the waffles were the best that I have had yet, at any hotel.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

20 Min walking to the Centennial Park, World of coca cola...
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

20 Min walking to the Centennial Park, World of coca cola and main attractions. Nice and friendly staff.

Great service and clean.

Great service and clean. Not far from the aquarium and world of Coca Cola.

It was bery good. Would come again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location and overall appearance of room.

Loved everything about it

Breakfast and the staff

Good hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The transportation is too good, i really thank the staff who drove us , anywhere we go, dinner, club, work, no fuss,and i felt comfortable

It was ok.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact they charged me for parking. I didn’t even drive.

The breakfast.

Staff was very friendly.

Breakfast wasn’t great. The food wasn’t great and wasn’t refreshed very often. The milk put out for cereal was warm.

Staff was very friendly.

Wonderful Staff

Wonderful Staff

Georgia Tech Hampton
    • Queen Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A little lack of order at front desk, and they valet park, which I don't do.

Good location, huge breakfast

My stay was very comfortable and my room was cozy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paying for parking. I didn’t care for the valet parking.

I was close to attractions.

Nice staff and comfy beds.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Valet parking. $20 for valet parking literally 2 feet away where we could even see our car from the room was a bit much.

Nice staff and comfy beds.

Clean and nice.

Customer service was beyond expectations

Good breakfast

Extra payment for parking

Good breakfast

Excellent stay, great breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

2 cars parking fees/ tips added up quickly $150.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Nice!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No fast food restaurants close by.

Overall, a great experience. Would stay there again!

Quicker shuttle transportation.

Staff friendliness & helpfulness.

Staff were very friendly and courteous

Staff were very friendly and courteous

Nice accommodations

Noise of the road. I think i was on the northside of building perhaps the Southside of building is less noisy.

Close to where I needed to be

Location is great

Have to pay for parking, 20$ a day so if you are staying 1 night, they will charge 2 days.

Location is great

went to escape hurricane irma in florida... overall pleasant stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bathroom could have been more updated especially the bathtub was peeling off

great breakfast with many options

Amazing
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not a big selection on breakfast

The facilities were nice.

Horrible experience both with the hotel staff and with...

Horrible experience both with the hotel staff and with booking.com will deffinetly nwver use either one

Staff, location and shuttle were amazing perks!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only valet parking, but the staff made it worth the money and the service was nice if your car was parked far away

Very close to my sons GT apartment on campus.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very close to my sons GT apartment on campus. Staff is very nice and helpful!

water was turned off at 9am due to a leak day we were leaving