Reviews of Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport 3 stars

6971 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85756, USA

#9 of 106 hotels in Tucson

quick weekend with the family
    • King Bed Suite Sofabed Non Smoking

clean rooms, friendly staff, good location. some construction, but barely noticeable. Upgrades are nice, would stay again. Stayed in a suite with separate bedroom. Would only recommend adding a full length mirror in the bedroom, and some sort of way to hang clothes in the bedroom. Plenty of room and super comfy for 4 people.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was great. I definitely would recommend this place.

We had a flight really early in the morning and I understand that not many people check out at 0300 hours but I do wish their was fresh coffee in the morning when we checked out.

I had an amazing night with some good friends. We all had a good night and the staff were amazing; very polite. The building was clean and so was our room.

It's a nice place to stay close to the airport.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The back entry door which was suppose to be locked 24/7 was always open. Also, the exterior was under construction, but it didn't inconvenience us any.

The interior was clean and modern, and breakfast was decent.

Worst place stay with people who dont care
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was told to park in the back and we got all our bags down to learn our keys didn't work, had to run around the building to be told to leave my family outside and go up to my room to make sure it worked. We were told on your website that children stay free but we were charged 4dollars to use the bed.we weren't told about the construction going on and the commode doesn't flush. All around this is one of the worst hotels I've stayed at and will NOT recommend anyone stays with liars at a cheap property that also over charges your credit card to find out after 3-5days it would be released

How fast my check-in was

The staff made us feel welcome and that they valued us as customers!!!

It was all good.

Accommodating staff. Efficient check in/check out. Very clean and comfortable room. Quick airport shuttle. left to early for breakfast but were given a brown bag to go. Top notch hotel!!

The beds were really comfortable.

The pool was filthy. I know it was windy the night prior but they shoul have cleaned it in the morning. I woke up early to go for a swim and showed up to a dirty pool. Also, The channel selection sucked. Only 1 hbo channel.

The beds were really comfortable.

Regretable.

No breakfast, and the construction noise. The hotel advises guests to pull the "blackout" shades to provide privacy from the construction workers working outside your window. I requested a quite room which I didn't get, but the hotel does provide you with ear plugs to make your stay more enjoyable.

I looked forward to breakfast, but missed the deadline. I thought breakfast ended at 11:00. They end breakfast at 10:00, at which time they no longer serve guests, and turn the breakfast buffet over to the hotel maids. At 10:00 the reception will provide you with an apple and other cold items in a paper bag. Wish that I had been informed about the time that breakfast ended.

Staff was very nice and friendly the front does was also very friendly
    • Double Queen with Balcony

I think give you guys have flour tortillas in the morning I would be very happy

The breakfast was good If they had more of a Western style breakfast light flour tortillas I will be very happy

I look forward to staying at this hotel in the future!

Everything about this hotel is amazing! It is within walking distance to the airport. It is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, the beds are cozy and the breakfast is exceptional.

Great breakfast and facilities and would stay here again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

we requested a room change due to noisy occupants next to and across from our room. Front desk staff that worked the am 3/29 were exceptional!! They acknowledge our concerns and took quick action. Very professional and provided excellent communication. Great customer service. Love the little snack sacks in am.

Would stay there again if we do same trip next year.

see above for what was nice. Nearby sister property was excellent for supper and 10% discount was appreciated.

Very clean and staff very helpful. Bathroom wallpaper was not done very well. Areas were starting to peel away on the edges/corners.

Great place to stay for a quick trip when you need to be close to the airport

No complaints.

Hotel was very clean. The room had everything I needed, including conditioner and a large full mirror which many hotels don’t have anymore. The location was great in that I needed to be close to the airport and the shuttle service was very easy and convenient

Great place for passing through Tucson.

Bed was a little soft.

Ease of of getting from airport. Complimentary shuttle to rental car. And good breakfast with several choices. Staff very friendly!

Great Pillows and bedding!!!

Pool was closed. Man coughed all over the breakfast eggs

Staff was nice and friendly. Although booking.com overbooked AGAIN . 2nd time on this trip. Staff helped us out.

I would stay again if i had to stay in Tucson overnight or for a weekend.

The bed was so comfy I had a hard time getting out of bed. The rooms were very clean and the staff were very friendly smiles all around. Housekeeping was excellent.

Nice staff and lobby and a good breakfast but the rooms facing the street are very noisy.

The gentleman who checked us in said he was giving us a quiet room. As it turned out it faced a busy street and the street noise kept waking us up.

The lobby was nice - the breakfast was good - the bed was comfortable

I enjoyed my stay. I was there to celebrate my Birthday.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The Hotel went to great lengths to portray a happy place and for the most part it succeeded. After all that positive effort, what was playing on the nice flat screen TV in the common area? Fox News! Not exactly keeping with the happy motif. Perhaps the Food Network or the Weather Channel. Thank you.

Breakfast was excellent!

Met my expectations

Limited food options in immediate area(walking distance) need car or other transportation to even get to fast food.

Staff was very pleasant. Shuttle to and from airport was good(prompt,timily) but awkward to get in and out of for someone with limited mobility.

A ok
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Unable to get breakfast before flight but understandable at 5am, liked the fruit being out eve before, so were fine with what we needed to get out early after coffee and fruit in our room.

Excellent....comfortable, all we beeded for our stay.

Very pleasant experience!

Heating/cooling unit was loud.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Room was very clean, quiet and comfortable bed. Great price - very good value.

Comfortable and clean.

I expected a two room with sofa like embassy suites closet and dresser,Happy Hour, cooked to order breakfast.

Breakfast was great 4 little waffles yummy eggs

Well rested and I enjoyed my stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was down the hallway and my room was very quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. Different breakfast every day and a delight to eat.

The bed was super comfortable with a nice cotton (!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The entry, lobby, hallways are pretty tacky. No water glass in the bathroom. No CNN on TV.

The bed was super comfortable with a nice cotton (!) bedspread

Very relaxing and enjoyable

We didn't use the air conditioner so couldn't rate this. The shower didn't seem to be adjustable.

Quiet,clean,friendly and convenient for us. The breakfast was perfect with many selections to choose from. The cookies in the evening were a nice treat. Staff helpful when we were looking for a place to have dinner.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Pleasant and comfortable
    • Double King Beds

I'm not real fond of steam table eggs.

Comfortable beds. We were in a room on the outside of a kink in the hallway and therefore had a very large pie shaped room. Maybe add a small table and chairs to this room and those directly above.

We have stayed there many times in the past and have always...

We have stayed there many times in the past and have always found the staff in reception and throughout the hotel excellent. The rooms are nice and the inclusive breakfast is very good.

It was good.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The iron didn’t work so good, it leaked water when you would iron. I had to go down to the front desk 3 times in order for my room key to work.

The rooms were really clean and the beds were extra comfy.

The a/c rattled like a freight train.

The a/c rattled like a freight train. I tried everything. Finally pushed the chair next to the unit. I love Hampton Inn and this was the first time I ever had a problem.

Great base for our four day stay, Pima, Mt Lemmon, Sonoita Wine tasting, Tombstone and Bisbee.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast. Room clean and quiet. Good location away from downtown but close enough for easy drive to all attractions, perfect for Pima Air Museum.

I had a restful stay at the hotel, exactly what I needed before my onward trip to montreal.

The hotel did not provide me with an OR for my payment. The reception lady told me that Booking will be the one to issue the OR since I made the reservation through Booking.com. So, may I now request booking.com to email me the OR. Thanks.

everything in the room is very clean, bed is comfortable, breakfast is good, all-day coffee/tea/hot chocolate

Good place to stay by airport
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room had an adjoining door so you could hear literally ever word of their conversation so the privacy wasn't good first day.

Good supply of towels

The egg options at breakfast were good.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room we stayed in was noisy because of the air conditioner and the room couldn’t get dark so it was not a comfortable night.

The egg options at breakfast were good. The convenience to the airport and the ready access of the shuttle was excellent.

Overall stay was excellent.

Breakfast area was small. Saturday area was very clean and well stocked. By sunday breakfast area was dirty and food was not being replaced quickly enough especially the fruit.

Great staff and clean comfortable rooms!!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

A little to pricey, For the size of room

The staff at the front desk were warm and friendly, as were the maids and groundskeepers. The food was excellent and the lady serving the food was exceptional. I would highly recommend this hotel...

Excellent stay. Great staff, very clean and great breakfast
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The stay was wonderful. The breakfast was amazing with tons of variety and even cute little juice/coffee cups that cheered up my son. Very clean and modern. The room was great, with comfortable size, extra comfy bed and easy to use thermostat! It's so awful being in a freezing cold room you can't control like in other hotels. The price was excellent and we got so much more. I will come here again!

Fairly quiet. Nice room. Air contitioner quiet. Bed comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The limited paper cups for drinking. The excess materials wasted in the coffee grounds package. Preferred larger pack to use for coffee.

Comfortable bed. Great selection at breakfast. Preferred to have real glasses instead of paper cups available for the wine I had in my room and to drink water.

Great place to stay near the airport or a concert at the AVA Amphitheatre

They did not have my booking on file from bookings.com but they did make another reservations for me and honor the same rate.

Convenient location close to airport. Free and generous parking, something you won't get in San Diego or LA.

Quiet and Comfy
    • Double Queen with Balcony

When there were storms the pool closed and they refused to reopen them once the storms passed.

It was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was good too.

Very friendly staff and extra clean and comfy rooms.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location was great for an air traveler, but there were few places to eat around the hotel at the hour we were in. However, we did notice that the hotel wisely offered a small selection of "fast" food that could be prepared on site.

Very friendly staff and extra clean and comfy rooms.

Decent night stay as always!
    • Double Queen with Balcony

Breakfast menu items were always empty or out. Coffee was always empty as well. Had to wait a while for items to be replaced. Breakfast sausage had no flavor. We were in a car club spending the night and wanted to cruise out rather sooner than later.

Staff was very friendly. Clean rooms, and property. Decent neighborhood to stay.

A great way to start the return trip
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I prefer a very firm mattress, but for one night it was fine

we had an early morning flight so we did not eat the breakfast. However, we were provided a sack with fruit, water, and a muffin. Very nice. Also, we took our rental car to the airport the afternoon prior to our departure and intended to walk back to the hotel. A storm came up and the Hampton provided us transportation back to the hotel.

Frozen to death . .

Air conditioning unit ran frequently, was noisy, and froze us. Room was too cold and efforts to adjust the A/C were futile due to inadequate instructions on unit itself vs. wall gauge.

Breakfast was good.

Great stay for the price!

Not much to say I didn't like except that I had to continue on my travel and not enjoy another day at this hotel.

Overall, the room was very clean and had an updated look and feel! All the amenities I could ask for with all the upgrades to make the stay very satisfying

Friendliest Hotel
    • Double Queen with Balcony

We paid extra for the balcony and although it was nice to sit outside, the view was covered parking for the airport. Unless someone was in the pool, there wasn't much to see. Our room faced west so when we left for the day, we closed the window shade. Housekeeping opened it so when we returned in the late afternoon, the room was quite warm!

The staff was amazing! Everyone was so friendly and had a smile for us. The breakfast had a large variety of foods with different hot food each morning. In the lobby, there were chips and salsa in the evenings, sack lunches for free and never ending fresh fruit, coffee, hot cookies and lemonade. The rooms were very quiet, clean and comfortable.

Bum room

The room is so tiny. No closet. Inadequate number of towels or washcloth. Air conditioner was so noisy it kept us awake. Bad night of rest. Will not be back.

-Temperature of shower water (not hot enough) and the low...

-Temperature of shower water (not hot enough) and the low level of water running. -My reservation was in the computer system when I tried to check in and the person at the desk was not helpful until another staff member came to help us.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Wouldn't return
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was dirty. The room and restroom were small. The location was very far from I-10.

My family of 4 enjoyed the breakfast. I enjoyed the availability of washer and dryer plus detergent for sale.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

We had a wonderful stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing was the elevator which doesn't indicate from outside when it's in use . Some you end up bumping into other guest.

Staffs were extremely friendly , environment clean . Breakfast was excellent with a variety.

Perfect Tucson hotel
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing--we will definitely be staying here again.

Great location, car rental across the street if needed, breakfast buffet is excellent. Staff were so helpful it was incredible. Hotel is spotless--kudos to the cleaning staff.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

My Stay at Hampton Inn-Tucson Airport
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like the lighting in the room we were in. The bathroom was dark. No overhead lighting at all but we got used to it. Also, no place to plug our phones into between the beds. No outlets available. Only one cable outlet there. My friend has a sleep apnea machine and had to plug it into the wall away from the bed but the cord was long enough that she could have the machine in bed with her. Other than that, everything was good.

The breakfast meals were very good. Menu changed from day to day. Full breakfast was served with a very good selection of food offered. Juices, coffee, danishes also offered. Best part, totally free with our stay at Hampton.

Enjoyed some free time in Tucson.

Tucson is very hot and sunny, I would have enjoyed a restaurant connected to the property.

A good breakfast, a clean silent room, a welcoming staff throughout.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

The room was nice and the beds were so comfortable I almost...

Our neighbor was smoking knowing it was a non smoking area. The smoke came into our room.

The room was nice and the beds were so comfortable I almost just wanted to stay in bed all day and night.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

OUTSTANDING breakfast!

Either the walls are very thin, or the guests next door were very loud, but I had to complain to the front desk multiple times. Security was sent out every time until it stopped.

OUTSTANDING breakfast!!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Have you ever felt guilty staying in a hotel room?

We were given a handicapped accessible room, which we did not need nor ask for. Went to front desk to see if we could move to another room but they were sold out. No other options were given by the front desk clerk. Felt guilty that an able bodied couple was taking a room designed for someone less able bodied. Using the shower was a bit of a challenge, especially when there wasn’t much water pressure from the main shower head after turning the hand-held shower off. Also, we noticed the magnetic catches for the space where the refrigerator is located and the storage drawers under the TV were extremely strong and we had a little difficulty opening them. I feel that if we had trouble with them, I can only imagine the struggles someone physically disabled would have. The bathroom sink was a bit high for my wife, who is 5 feet 3 inches tall. Again, I can imagine someone in a wheelchair would have an issue leaning over the sink. Probably will not stay at the property again unless we can be assured we'll be given a regular room.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Staff was friendly.

Breakfast food tasted like bad dish towel water. I think the cleaning of these places where the food was prepared was not cleaned in the best way. Even the waffle maker produced waffles that tasted iffy.

Staff was friendly.

Could have been better!

Eggs,French toast and sausage could be better in hot and freshness. Front desk didn't acknowledge us walking in or out. Just looked at us like they didn't wanna be there. Bed was uncomfortable not like the time before like sleeping on the clouds.

Everything was clean and comfortable. Cleaning crew were very friendly and nice. Going out of there way to say good morning or have a good day!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Very cozy
    • Double Queen with Balcony

we asked about food in the hotel and the front desk staff didn't recommend anything nearby or delivery after telling us there was nothing on site.

greAT continental breakfast, very comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Great but could improve with a safe!

You need a safe in each room !!

The facility was great! Breakfast was very good. The front desk was superb. Computer w/printer was excellent for Boarding Passes.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Great choice and the price was fabulous.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I have no complaints. I have stayed at many hotels for business and this was one of the best yet.

The bed was so comfortable, the room spacious, very clean and good bathroom. The front desk were the nicest people who cared, were courteous and helpful. Loved the fresh cookies at the end of a long work day.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

excelent.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

we were traveling accross country and found your motel to be one of the better places to stay. We stayed at other Hampton Inns , but you get top rating ink our book!

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Excellent value with comfort and convenience.

We enjoyed the great full breakfast and a very nice lounge/ breakfast area with complimentary coffee and tea. We spent one evening playing cards with our friends in the lounge area.

Had amazing stay!

n/a

The staff was extremely nice and accommodating!

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Amazing

Bed was awesome. Breakfast delicious

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

All good
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location a little bit of Tucson but with a car this is not a problem.

Room were comfy. Breakfast was OK but with limited variation. Service was OK.

When I booked my room I made it so I would pay when I got...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

When I booked my room I made it so I would pay when I got there but on my way get a text they charge me before I got there

Great place friendly staff, rooms are amazing.

Elevator not working and exterior of the building under remodel

The big bed and TV. Very clean room

The staff was excellent and very friendly and helpful.
    • King Bed Suite Sofabed Non Smoking

The staff was excellent and very friendly and helpful.

Everything, its very clean and comfortable rooms are very...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing it was all great

Everything, its very clean and comfortable rooms are very well kept

Check in was so friendly

Check in was so friendly

It was clean

The construction workers working right outside of the window disturbing our sleep.

It was clean

Better signage needed for temporary entry due to...

Better signage needed for temporary entry due to construction so its visible from street entry.

Everything was nice

Someone knocked on the window at 2am

Everything was nice

Loved breakfast.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Loved breakfast. Surprised by Happy Hour. Nice touch. Very comfortable.

Over all good would stay again

Breakfast area

Coffee area

Very nice
    • Double Queen with Balcony

Comforters sleep off the bed all night long

Great breakfasts and comfortable beds