Reviews of Hampton Inn Phoenix Airport North 2 stars

601 North 44th Street, Camelback East, Phoenix, AZ 85008, USA

#29 of 141 hotels in Phoenix

I'll be back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was good, helpful, and polite. The swimming pool was great. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was great. Quiet property.

Nice personnel.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed and Toll-In Shower - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

We couldnt watch TV on the room. Poor image. Not sure if it was the TV or poor signal. Either way we were not able to watch it.

Nice personnel. Comfy bed and breakfast was good. Also we enjoyed the pool.

will return to this hotel

There were 3 decaf coffee packets but only 1 reg coffee

Comfortable bed, having fridge & microwave in room/ free shuttle to & from airport 24 hrs a day

My stay was great!

I don't travel often, however, when I do I want value for the money I spend no matter how much. Simply said this hotel, the staff and its location was perfect!

Nice hotel

The pool is smaller than we thought but we didn't have time to swim anyways so it was no big deal.

The staff was very friendly and helpful! Our room was nice and had plenty of room for all 4 of us. The hotel was so close to the airport, which we were shuttled to and from by the hotel, and we were able to leave our car parked there at the hotel for way cheaper than airport parking. As close to The airport as ir was though, we didnt hear any planes at all. The breakfast was yummy and there were so many options to choose from!

Great Hotel close to Airport!

Very nice Hotel. Great service, Dennis at front desk was great. Nice breakfast, comfortable beds. Love that checkout is at 12 noon. Close to airport and out flight out is at 3pm. Very convenient.

People there are always so nice.

This time we were put in a room on the first floor across from the guest laundry, employee room etc...felt a little creepy although the room itself was fine.

People there are always so nice. Not the first time we stayed here. Very convenient.

It was classic and elegant but also cozy and inviting in...

The rude man in the parking lot who made a fool out of himself in front of all my children.

It was classic and elegant but also cozy and inviting in its style and furnishings.

Overall it was Ok

The bathroom door had a stained marking that looked like it had been there for a very long time. Not to mention the toilet needed to be cleaned around the hinges and there was pee left on the side of the toilet when we arrived.

Pros: Fast check in/checkout process Fresh lemon water, cookies, and coffee always available in the lobby Kingsize bed was comfy Nice safe location Close to a lot of restarants Very close to Freeway Has a pool (not the largest) Pool side towels available Breakfast was great (Different items to select from) Cons: Pull out couch was not comfy Toilet was not thoroughly cleaned AC was set on a timer that kept turning off (You could control the temperature but not the timer)

The pool area was great for the kids and breakfast was good

I was really disappointed that the water was shut off for like 5 hours on Saturday and a couple hours on Sunday we where unable to use the restrooms or shower

The pool area was great for the kids and breakfast was good

Very friendly front desk staff and extremely quick check in...

Very friendly front desk staff and extremely quick check in process. Plenty of parking. Easy room access. Nice self serve coffee area. Good breakfast.

Good value and close to airport

There were not very many restaurants close to hotel.

Room was spacious. Loved suiting on sofa while watching TV. It was quiet. Staff was very helpful. Good breakfast

WiFi was down during the entire stay.

WiFi was down during the entire stay. Staff was not friendly and when we spoke to them about the WiFi they simply said it’s at&t’s fault and didn’t even apologize for the inconvenience.

Close to the airport we had A 6am flight so we chose to stay...

This is probably an old hotel. I would say it doesn’t live up to other Hampton Inn hotels because it is very dated.

Close to the airport we had A 6am flight so we chose to stay close to airport at the end of our trip.

Hotel Old, rooms filthy. We always stay at Hampton Inns. This one was a disgrace to the Hampton name

The rooms were filthy. The first room was sprayed to cover up something. The second room was dirty. I ended up cleaning the entire bathroom, dusted all the furniture. Bad. Bad.

The breakfast was clean and ok. The pool area was clean

Ok

Hallway noise and other room doors noisy in your room.

staff generally friendly except guy who barked at me as I attempted to take a cereal to my room after kitchen closed. Location good. Front desk helpful.

Nice rooms, but no information folder to tell you what the facilities are.

The location is convenient only for the airport. The area is a dead zone as far as good restaurants or other sights go, or even a nice walk, although it is relatively close (by car) to the zoo and the Desert Garden. My wife didn't like the "scent" they pipe through their ventilation system, and we had to have the window open in 95-degree heat! One funny thing about this hotel is that there's absolutely no information in the room about the facilities. We had to go to reception each time we wanted an answer (wifi password, pool/breakfast hours, laundry facilities, etc.). I thought this strange and asked at the reception. The reply was (I'm not kidding): "We don't know what's provided in the rooms. We give you all that information at checkin" (They didn't). Basically poor service in that regard, worse than any cheap old motel.

Large spacious rooms and comfortable bed. Decent but generic chain hotel breakfast; coffee and lemon water all day.

Convenience to the airport with mediocre but this was not available for early flyers at 5 AM
    • King Room with Sofa Bed and Toll-In Shower - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

We stayed a handicap room that was dirty the bath shower stalls were dirty with algae growing on the feet on the bottom sitting area for handicap toilet was dirty. No additional blanket for the pull out sofa the air-conditioner very loud

Free cookies hot tea and coffee in the evening morning staff was better friendlier and more helpful than evening staf

My stay was comfortable, convenient and clean.

gym could have more equipment

shuttle to airport was on time and very convenient. Desk person recommended Rosati's pizza for pizza delivery and the pizza was awesome.

I booked a jacuzzi room, only after getting to my room did i...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

I booked a jacuzzi room, only after getting to my room did i find that i did not recieve the jacuzzi room and then the room they placed me in was an "upgrade" with carpet missing, stains on the couch and road noise from the street below. Also the Linen was rough and the bed was uncomfortable. I will not be staying here again.

Just great.

First the bedding, I slept in luscious sheets and had the best pillow. Breakfast was awesome. O let’s, bacon, waffle, fruit... it was continuously refreshed. The staff was very helpful and extremely friendly. Would definitely recommend.

The location was great.
    • One-Bedroom Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The couch was very stained on both cushions. The remote for the living area TV needed batteries. The cabinetry needed to be cleaned. Room keys did not work on one door entrance from the pool area.

The location was great.

This was an awesome experience :-)
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The location of my room was a little far. I was located at the very end of the hotel floor.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. My room was always clean and there were small but thoughtful touches like turning down the corner of my bed and leaving the light on for me.

4.5
    We were very disappointed in the Hampton after a long day of traveling.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed and Toll-In Shower - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

Condition of property was inadequate. Arrived late because of a delayed flight and there was no food service available. Couch in room was dirty, worn out, and had very little foam in cushions.

Close to Airport. Fairly quiet in hallways outside rooms. Bed was adequate.

The breakfast was good and staff helpful.
    • King Room with Wet Bar - Non-Smoking

Room lacked a safe and atmosphere was dismal and sterile. Very little wall decoration and/or pictures to reflect the Phoenix environment.

The breakfast was good and staff helpful.

Staff was great.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Booked spa room with jacuzzi tub. Was in town for Barrett Jackson auction. Got to our room late and were looking forward to the jacuzzi after all the walking. Husband starts to fill it, it won’t fill drain stopper broken. Upon further inspection the entire control panel is missing. Obviously this has been broken for a while. All wallpaper around the jacuzzi it is warped and peeling. Call the front desk granted it’s 11:30 at this time and was offered a 20.00 discount on the room. Called back next morning asking for a different jacuzzi that worked as we had another long day of walking ahead of us. Was told they would be glad to change rooms for us but she had several in front of us needing room changes as well.... not very comforting! About an hour and a half later new room was cleaned. Moved to new room jacuzzi works that’s a plus. Chair in room is absolutely disgusting and carpet too, rust in bath tub. Go to check out card already charged full price plus incidental deposit. Ashley said she fixed my bill and gave me a receipt with discounts that I was promised for our trouble. Checked bank and amount still not corrected.

Staff was great. Breakfast was decent especially for free! Lobby is updated and nice.

Good breakfast included with stay!
    • King Room with Wet Bar - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is that my room key wouldn't work almost every day and I kept having to go to the front desk to have them fix it.

Good breakfast included with stay!

suited its purpose

drama queen at front desk having phone arguments with her boyfriend. charged us $7 dollars for a pack of noodles that was marked $3. juice machine needs a cleaning.

nice, comfortable beds. high quality toiletries. hot breakfast. close to zoo and botanical gardens.

I liked that there was a room available for 6 adults.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked that there was a room available for 6 adults. The location to the airport was great as well. The front desk person was so helpful and accommodating. We left very satisfied with our experience.

Definitely worth it. Would recommend without a shadow of doubt

Friendly staff, very clean environment, excellent breakfast, parking and Wi-Fi very good. The hotel is in nice a location, close to parks and botanical garden, easy access to downtown. It's definitely a place that we'll consider when returning to Phoenix.

Won't stay there for any luxury stay again.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Location, looks way more luxurious on the web page, parking and brining in luggage was terrible. The breakfast wasn't much. Fruit wasn't fresh, kids licking the waffle batter dispenser, the milk in the fridge wasn't very cold.

Spa in room was the only plus.

Overall this was a nice place. It was very close to the airport and downtown.

There were set in stains in the carpet. Also the bathroom didn’t have a fan and after showering the bathroom mirrors were fogged up and it was very stuffy. The elevators were not clearly marked causing us to have to search for them.

The bed was nice and very comfortable and I appreciated the firm pillows on the bed.

Great stay after a long trip on the plane and a refreshing start for the following day.

Complimentary breakfast was pretty good. It was nice to have lots of fruits and brand name yogurt in the morning, areas where similar hotels would cut corners.

Friendly staff

The first room assigned the toilet was continually running, I heard it before I opened the door. The apple I was given was very soft and had dents all over. I am amazed someone put this out for consumption. I was very disappointed, as I did not discover this until I went to eat it on my flight.

Friendly staff The idea of a sack breakfast for very early departure

Nice facilities but management may need improvement to try to prevent the above difficulties.

It took 40 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up. Breakfast was late so we didn't get any, but they did give us some granola bars.

Room very clean and attractive furnishings.

Not this location again.
    • One-Bedroom Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

No shuttle provided by hotel because the driver didn't show up for the evening shift. I was promised a refund of the cab fare. However, the next morning staff couldn't give me a refund because the manager hadn't shown up yet. It's not about the money, but about how they handled customers.

Shuttle service to and from the airport is 24/7.

Shuttle service to and from the airport is 24/7. Very nice when you have to be at the airport at 4:00 a.m., returning rental car beforehand and getting a ride as well. Takes the worry out of getting to the airport.

Amazing and family friendly

The rooms are nice and clean and perfect for my family. Everyday is that lady would come in and clean and leave us little notes that my children really enjoyed. She's also take good care of my girl stuffed animals. Breakfast was amazing and always had a variety.

Good oversall
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The reservation did not get booked F but they were able to accommodate us. First time booking.com failed us.

Overall it was a great facility. Great staff.

Not good
    • One-Bedroom Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Couldn't get the room we booked. (False Advertising) They couldn't find our reservation in their computer until I showed confirmation print out. Knowing we were in Phx. for medical reasons and that we are seniors she put us in the last room on the third floor. Had to get a wheelchair for husband. She didn't know which key was for the storeroom where it was kept. Husband was waiting ing in car for quite awhile. The carpet in our hallway was stretched and bunched up, not making it safe and hard to push wheelchair. A/C didn't work. Maintenance came to fix it. Couldn't get on internet without calling desk. No ice in ice machine. Fire alarm went off at 10pm on last night. It was very loud and lights were flashing for a minute or two. If we would have bad hearts, not good. We waited for further communication. None. Next morning at 7am pounding at door to see if we had heard or set off the alarm.

Food, a gentleman helped us getting our belongings to the room and parked the car.

Friendly staff. Room was in need of remodeling, tacky repairs, patched doors etc.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed and Toll-In Shower - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

Handicap room was located at the far end of the building, and on the floor. not handicapped friendly at all. Our room was on the second floor, not good for handicapped to be forced to use stairs. No hot water in the first floor room. Front desk changed the room, and offered help to move, excellent! Friendly staff

Staff was very friendly, and helpful. Breakfast was excellent.

Glad we were here just one night.

The room is very small (maybe because we didn't book through them directly??), and a little dumpy. Time to spruce-up the place!

The staff was very friendly.

Would stay here again, but they need to sort the shuttle bus pick up

Problem with the hotel shuttle bus .We returned our rental car early and took the rental shuttle to Terminal 4 at Sky Harbor. We called the hotel for a pick up and was told 15 minutes. No bus by 30 minutes, so called again. The bus finally arrived about an hour from the first phone call!

Check in fast and easy. Room clean and comfortable with a really great mattress and nice soft pillows. Good charging ports for tablet/mobile phone

Ukk!
    • One-Bedroom Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty and tired rooms. Badly stained furniture.

not a lot only that staff went out of their way to help us get food late at night, made up for out orf the way and poor neighbourhood location.

Affordable, awesome breakfast,

It was a nice experience traveling with family. No issues. Breakfast was delicious. I recommend this hotel. Clean, staff is friendly. The shuttle took us to where we where going which was the Phoenix zoo and picked it us up.

Very good breakfast.
    • King Room with Wet Bar - Non-Smoking

Door hard to close without slamming. A/C fan very loud and kept me awake when it would cycle. Something sticky and gooey on carpet near desk in room 126

Very good breakfast. Coffee very good

Nice hotel with room for improvement. Would give it another chance in the future.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed and Toll-In Shower - Mobility Access - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was poor and not much selection. The fruit that was laid out by 7am (breakfast starts at 6am) was completely picked over and no one was attentive to the breakfast area. The 'take and go' fruit was bruised and very ripe. The "hot" breakfast that was offered consisted of oatmeal (which was good) along with waffles. Nothing to appetizing. I booked this listing on Booking.com and requested a room on the top level. There are four levels and i received a room on level 2. The staff was very friendly and greeted me everytime I entered the building, I'd just ask that they were a little more attentive to customer requests. Bathroom wasn't the cleanliness. There were black marks (footprints?) in the bottom of the tub and the shower in general didn't look like it had been cleaned. The rest of the room was comfortable and clean though.

Staff was very friendly and check in was very quick. It was nice since it was a long day for me and I was able to quickly get to my room to relax. Beds were comfortable and the temperature of the room was comfortable. Internet was helpful and worked great, bonus was that it was complimentary with the room.

It was a perfect place to stay for a night or two!

A bit of a walk from food stores :(

We were able to use the hall facility for free. Not to mention the sofa bed can accommodate plus 2 people. We are definitely satisfied!

Comfortable stay with shuttle and breakfast

No items. -a comfortable location with shuttle and breakfast

The breakfast buffet is good quality. It is one of the reasons we try and stay at hampton.

They allowed us to bring in food in the evening and eat in...
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

My reservations were confused.

They allowed us to bring in food in the evening and eat in the breakfast room. There were 16 of us. Very cordial staff.

Receptionist was helpful and was able to provide toiletries...

Receptionist was helpful and was able to provide toiletries for our family due to missed flight connection and we didn't have any. Room was clean and comfortable. Location and staff were great!

Room was very clean.

Wish there was a Jacuzzi.

Room was very clean. Beds were comfy. The staff was amazing. It was 112 degrees outside. My wife wanted to buy a bottle of water, and they told her she could have it.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

A lovely family friendly hotel. =)

There really wasn't much within walking distance, as far as restaurants, stores, etc. goes.

The staff was attentive, friendly & helpful. The hotel lobby was clean, homey & welcoming. The rooms are spacious, clean and I LOVE that there are extra pillows...no need to ask! The breakfast was excellent...so many different choices, hot and cold options, and I like that it's changed up a bit each day! The fact that it was so close to the airport was a huge plus for us as well.

A good choice if departing to the airport the next day.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Would have liked to see something offered in the dining room in the evening. Once you are checked in, without a vehicle, there are very few dining options in area that are within walking distance. Only real option is to walk to a competitor hotel that has a bar/dining room.

Proximity to airport was big plus - shuttle service excellent. Front desk personnel were very accommodating. We accidentally left a cellphone at in our room before our departure to airport. Staff located cellphone and arranged to have it forwarded to our home. Thanks! Breakfast was excellent.

Awesome deal
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

staff at front desk was below average, not polite but not rude. not a warm welcome.

Jacuzzi suite was excellent!! pool was perfect. we could hear the housekeeping supervisor, reprehending the employees, not a good thing to hear first thing in the morning. will stay here again!

Decent place to stay if using Phoenix airport.
    • King Room with Wet Bar - Non-Smoking

A convenient location if using Phoenix airport. Easy to park our hire car with lots of space in the car park. Car rental car park at Phoenix airport is a 10 minute shuttle trip from the terminal. I'm so glad I had a sat nav to get me to the hotel. A decent choice for breakfast. Room was quiet once everyone had settled into their rooms. Pretty good value for money.

The staff was very friendly.

The network for the business computer was down the entire time. Unable to print boarding pass and bag tags before leaving for airport.

The staff was very friendly.

Helpful staff and yummy breakfast

It would have been nice to have a sink outside of the toilet and shower area.

The breakfasts were delicious with lots of choices. The staff was very helpful and prompt when we needed things.

Great room great rate
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Bedroom faces the road was a little noisy, card had to be rekeyed every day even when stored seperatly from phone. The location was far from where I needed to be but uber made it easy

Great breakfast, friendly staff, big suite, whirlpool in the suite for privacy was great and really relaxing

Nice acommodation

N o bags in bins when we arrive In this location there is just one restaurant so if you want dinner you have to like chinese food or have our own food

Spacious nice room for 4 persons Many cosmetics from Neutrogena in Bathroom.

Would stay again

Some staff was not as knowledgeable about hotel amenities or area attractions. Several of my questions to the front desk were met with "I don't know, I'm just here on weekends". The weekend is a pretty big deal if you're in hospitality; this is not an adequate response/ excuse.

Great breakfast, friendly staff, good location.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Not a Harley Fan!🙁

Not enough handicap parking. Unfortunately for us, other guests were a group of motorcycle people. Perhaps fifty or more. Noise until 1 in the morning and the motor sounds began by seven. As they exited they gunned their engines. Very very loud! Management could have had them park in parking spots and not on sidewalk and around the front entrance for us to walk around. Not sure management could do much with this inconsiderate group but it did spoil our stay. I expected a quiet nights sleep!🙁Complaining as they roared out the driveway would not have helped!

Room was fine and beds comfortable

Good food, customer service ehhh..
    • King Room with Wet Bar - Non-Smoking

The oder in the room was atrocious upon entering and I find it insulting they would even allow guests to walk into it. It smelled like an entire sports team had come and spent the night after practice w/o showering. My friend thought it smelt like cigarette smoke (strange for a non-smoking hotel), I however thought it smelt like straight sweat and body oder. When I immediately called down to the lobby, the employee questionably offered someone up to spray Fabreeze when we went out for dinner. I am insulted to pay so much for a room and offered fabreeze for such a stench instead of actually taking care of whatever was causing it. When we returned to the room after dinner, it was clear nothing was done. Sadly it smelt for the entirety of our stay... A smell I unfortunately did not get used to.

The breakfast was pretty good.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Great property.
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds were very comfortable. Transportation to and from the airport was fast and courteous. We stayed there twice - once on arrival and once on departure and would stay again.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Breakfast was good.

AC was loud and would run to get room cold, then go off....would go back on again after feeling hot in the room.

Breakfast was good. Great location...close to airport.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

the staff was very helpful and friendly.
    • King Room with Wet Bar - Non-Smoking

They only offered me a bottle of water and a breakfast bar since I had to leave early for my flight.

the staff was very helpful and friendly. They took me to a restaurant for dinner and picked me up promptly.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Bed bugs in the room and lies from staff to cover up stories from one staff member to another all th
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Could have been compensated somehow for our romantic getaway being ruined. One lie after an other the manager said he was going to come talk to us and take care of it instead never showed up and could not get ahold of him. No working phone in the room told it was. A phone company problem not the hotel lies lies lies one after another never would I stay there again. I am a Hilton fan that is where I stay when ever I need a hotel . Never has it been so bad

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Staff extremely pleasant and helpful.

The Staff was extremely helpful and went way beyond to help us. Our flight was fouled up for 24 hours and they went beyond to help us with our extra needs. Thanks

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at!!

Loud people above us but other than that, ok.

What a great place to stay. Probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Friendly, accommodated our every request, thought ahead to people's needs, 24 hr snack store, breakfast bags for early leavers, fantastic experience!!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Excellent, airport hotel. Very clean.

An exhaust fan for the bathroom would have been nice for moisture control when showering.

I liked that the bedding was clean, a fresh duvet encasing the blanket so that we didn't feel like we were using someone's used bedding. Thank you for this. It is very high on my priority in hotel choosing.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

High price amenities at a not high price!

No complaints

The hot breakfast was delicious, bed linens were very comfortable, every single employee was wonderful, especially the gentleman who handled our check in.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Charged my card at a different rate than I booked it then...
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Charged my card at a different rate than I booked it then had contact the desk to change the rate. They blamed it on booking.com, either way messed up my budget.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

It was perfect

We stopped there just for one night, on our way to San Diego. The room was very comfy and clean. The staff was nice too. Breakfast was delicious!!!!!!!! Thank you for serving so much different food, everybody will find sth for themselves, everything was fresh and very very tasty. I felt like I wanted to stay there longer but we needed to go to the next stop of our trip in the US.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great reception when I arrived.

I checked in late, coming from an all day Service Project with the Phoenix REI. Exhausted and needing a shower and some sleep. The gentlemen at the front desk was a breath of fresh air and I instantly felt welcomed. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great service awesome Hotel . The Staff tell me a lot about a company best customer service
    • One-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing but all I can say what I didn't like was leaving your wonderful establishment noting about good review from this satisfied custmer thank you again

I liked the room the bed the staff our shuttle driver wish I would have gotten his name to give him much praise of his excellent driving n professional service he provide to my family. Thank was impress coming from a resort n casino employee myself .