Reviews of Handlery Hotel San Diego This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

950 Hotel Circle North, Mission Valley, San Diego, CA 92108, United States of America

#158 of 226 hotels in San Diego

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Pool was good ,room good size ,staff very friendly
    • Superior King Room

Bar opening times closes at 10pm , could do with a shop on site , if no car shops about 20mins walk away

Pool was good ,room good size ,staff very friendly

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

No elevator and I have to carry my heavy stuff via stairs.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevator and I have to carry my heavy stuff via stairs. They cannot find my parcels which arrived and I have to check my tracking number and ask to double check on following days. Old building smell everywhere.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2018

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room bin was emptied on 2 occasions. Staff knocking at door at 8am offering room service not housekeeping and returned 20mins later.doing the hard sell.breakfast wasnt good.poor selection

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

For what we paid... I could of actually stayed at a 5 star hotel. Def Not worth the price
    • Premier Double Room

Size of room

Paid price of a 5 star hotel booked a premir room.. Expected that value but was very disapointed in actual room size. Tiny rooms.. Even tinier bathroom. No microwave... No bathroom exhaust... Only great thing was location of room with pool access and. View.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Worst stay ever

Staff

The night manager was very offensive and ride! made us feel low,paying over 200 plus for a night you would think we would be treated nice. my bf caught the security guard peeking in the peephole in the door. So we were about to call front desk when low and behold she called us seems like he was covering up his mistake told her what happened she told me I was paranoid and I was lieing accused us for having the tv loud wasn't even on her tone her attitude just utterly shocked me if you want a rude exp don't go never going there again Evelyn was her name you guys have security cameras in the halls should be there she made this exp horrible I can't believe how she treated us never ever again teach your managers some manners

• Reviewed: June 23, 2018

Unpleasant
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

The bed was uncomfortable, the bathroom set up was not functional, shower was too small and water pressure wasn't strong, the bed was not queen size it was full. The hotel didn't even try to accommodate transportation to anyone that had to walk to the next hotel seminar where CASAS Institute was being held.

The restaurant was excellent

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

The room was clean, bed is comfortable.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Breakfast is not included on the price per night. I know it's not under the management's control on how visitors will be when they check-in but one night somebody was so loud that they were banging on somebody's door and yelling making commotions and there's no security to stop or check them.

Room is clean and bed is comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

The room set up is horrible they have the bathroom right...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room set up is horrible they have the bathroom right next to the door u can’t open the main door and the bathroom at the same time. The bathroom is outdated they need to do some remodeling. Not worth it!! To expensive. I’ve stayed in 5 stars and paid less.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

I was in love with how comfy the bed was.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

How the rooms are seperated in different buildings.

I was in love with how comfy the bed was. I just think it was a little overpriced for a simple hotel. The rooms werent that much difference from a regular priced hotel.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Is nice.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

I tried ordering drinks while I was in the pool and it was difficult ordering the drinks and once I placed the order the wait time was twenty minutes.

The entire staff was amicable, the bed was super comfy, there were enough towels, and the bottles of water in the room were a nice touch. I couldn't hace asked for a better experience.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

No elevator in the structure, the building is quite old,...
    • Superior King Room

No elevator in the structure, the building is quite old, there's no shower but just the tub and lights are not centralized with the key card. Overall it's comfortable, however.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Will never stay there again.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

when we checked in there were chips on the carpet, in bathroom no fan, shower handle fell off, water in tub did not drain. Beds had hard mattresses! the so called heated pool had cold water!!! I will never recommend this place to anyone.

Close to Old Time San Diego

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Okay.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

There were a lot of ants in my room. There were days that I would wake up and see ants on my pillows and my sheets. I reported it to the front desk nothing was done.

The first night I walked in I saw my goodie bag and the view from my room was beautiful.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fantastic free shuttle to sea world and the zoo. Facilities were great although the gym could do with an upgrade. Staff were amazing. Would definatly stay again

• Reviewed: March 15, 2018

It was a beautiful property.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

The room service was sub par. Food was good but an item from our order was forgotten and when we had to call to check on our order status, we were hung up on.

The location was great.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Will be back. Husband retired and needs to find a hobby or I'll be back 1-2 times month
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

My last morning there, the blow dryer blew up...

Everybody was very friendly. Security guard Robert and Benjamin from the front desk were entertaining to talk to.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Not the best but it will do. If you can, spend your money elsewhere.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

A view would have been good for the price, the bathroom had little to no space and was dim. There was no fitted sheet on our bed and the corner of our sheets had blood on them, maybe they didn't get changed? Free breakfast would have been a nice accommodation to offset the other negative aspects. Instead we paid $15 per person for a typical continental breakfast.

Towels were super scratchy and the room was dirty. You can tell this is an old hotel.

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Clean room Pleasant staff
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

The parking situation is not ideal. My visitor was unable to visit me without paying a $14 daily parking fee. No free parking for a visitor. Who was stopping by for 15 mins.

Clean room Pleasant staff

• Reviewed: January 8, 2018

Awful

The lady manager in front desk was a complete bad ass and very lack of hospitality. Also when we arrive the give me a room with out the clean member check and it was a complete mess with all the room turn around and bottles of wine and towels all over the please it was a complete mess, i very bad experience, never coming back

The room was nice but

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

It was a peaceful stay and close to everything in San Diego.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

The room was quiet and clean. It was close top all of the travel spots in San Diego. Old Town is less than 3 miles away. You don't even have to get on the freeway!

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

• Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Pillows kept slipping down the gap in the headrest and mattress and everything kept falling out of the bar fridge. Nothing major.

Everything really staff were really friendly and helpful. There was a lovely security guy called Robert who was awesome to have a chat to.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2017

Customer service was great!
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

too much noise, young teenagers knocking on doors and running away, I had to call front desk, happen twice, I didn't see security personal.

Customer service was great! restaurant food was delicious.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Unhappy
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Nothing I was very disappointed , the room was a shoe box room next door argued all night got no sleep, there was a feminine napkin thrown on the restroom floor the sink was clogged up u had to walk forever to get to the room. I spoke to office they to their credit gave me another room but the cabinet door to fridge was broken the patio doors didn't lock everything is just old and out dated. Very unpleasant experience. I won't waste my money there in the future.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

I don't feel that the hotel was worth the money we paid but wasn't a bad place to stay.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

The room felt and smelled really musty. Like it was in a basement and the air just overall felt overly moist. The fitness center was a nice addition but was cramped and dirty. I did not even see any sanitary wipes to wipe down the machines after use which is concerning.

The bed was nice and so were the sheets. Did not swim but the pool looked really clean.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

The hospitality and overall atmosphere of the Handlery in San Diego is superb.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Shout out to Byron, our shuttle driver. He was so nice with some interesting stories. He made the drive to and from the SD Zoo fun. Overall, amazing experience at the Handlery.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Labor Day Vacation
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Air conditioner would not work properly. Vents were very dirty. Internet was spotty.

Nice swimming pool, location near downtown San Diego and local restaurants.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Great place to stay!Will stay again our next trip to Ca.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Disappointing didn't get the adjoining rooms requested or facing pool. But, they were able to get us close to the pool (Had an elderly person with who wanted to use pool and couldn't walk well or use stairs.) And only 2 rooms away from each other.

Very pretty place,clean, staff around and friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: September 3, 2017

Very Charming

nothing to dislike!

This place is a classic... a tropical paradise in the middle of town! All staff helpful & courteous. Lovely pool, comfortable rooms. Close to everything, but out of the congestion of the area, with easy access from all directions. unfortunately, didn't eat at hotel.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

I love staying in the property , but I did not that they...
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool n rooms n the employee r pretty good nmanaget

I love staying in the property , but I did not that they charge me multiful times in my credit card , it it overdrawn my Acct , other than that I like the property cuz it's clean n cozy

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

Loved the pool, perfect for my toddler.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Two mornings there was a delivery or something with a large truck and they were making soooo much noise. It wss super early too, so I wasn't happy that my toddler was woken up. I would have also liked a small couch or comfortable chair in the room.

Loved the pool, perfect for my toddler.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Overall a good stay.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

The cobweb hanging from the ceiling light as you enter the room. Only one bar of soap was given for the sink and bath/shower. The room smelled a little musty. I did not like being given a room with 2 full beds when I was expecting a king bed room.

The bed was okay and the staff was nice. There was also a fridge in the room. The place is a little dated but if you just need a place to stay while sight seeing it is an okay place to stay. Also parking was included in our reservation which was nice. The pool also looks nice. Lastly pay attention to what you are booking as we thought we were booking a King room but it says in small print King or 2 fulls beds and that was an issue at first but they then were able to put us in a King room.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2017

Very pleasant stay overall. Would recommend , safe large parking lot.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Price per night a little high for size of room , no view or balcony to get air from. Basic room but clean and safe

Easy access off freeway, clean and comfort room but nothing special, not having a dresser for clothes a little disapointing but overall fun stay with the pool area and bar very nice. Good place to hold large functions . Good coffee at lobby

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Great place for a family and kids
    • Superior King Room

The internet was extremely poor so for non-locals this could be a problem. The drink prices at the pool bar were way overpriced.

The pool area was so relaxing and if you wanted to see the sights shuttles were available.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

We were able to check in a bit early ~ great.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

One bottom of top cover bed sheet was stained ~ not so good. There was also a brightly colored container cap on edge of bathtub ~ definitely not good.

We were able to check in a bit early ~ great. Refrig in room not functioning. Called front desk and within 3 minutes maintenance was at our door, diagnosed problem, removed and brought back de-iced machine w/in 10 minutes ~ wonderful! Q-tips in the bathroom ~ fabulous!! Coffee pods ~ surprisingly delicious ~ wish we had more! Every employee was friendly and professional.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Convenient, comfortable, clean and roomy with a little parking fee.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Maybe the parking fee and if your on the upper level, I think there's no elevator.

Perfect location and generous parking with a reasonable fee. Room and facilities were fantastic, clean and roomy. Doesn't have microwave but appreciate the shuttle bus to SeaWorld. We would definitely rebook this hotel. FYI the pool is heated.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Mattress and box springs years past lifetime
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Mattress was horrible probably from when it was new. Had to call front desk twice to get bath soap. Never replaced soap or shampoo. Still had the one soap for three days. Toilet seat about to fall off.

It was quiet

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Dirty place to stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty place and old. For the price I paid its not worth it, I had to cut my stay only for 1 night.

Old and dirty. The wall paper are bubbling up, carpet is flity and the smell will get to you.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Not my cup of tea.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No balconies unless you paid a lot more money a night for them. No views. Didn't like that you had to pay for parking when that wasn't listed in the ad. And other Hotels on Hotel Circle did not charge parking. Would have liked more restaurants at the hotel. Would have liked more Concierge help as to what to do and where to go. Got no help at all. The hotel was fair but I will not stay there again. Even the pool would have been nicer if the water was warmer, we went in June. Also would have liked to know more about the cost of fees before checking out. Booking.com should reveal those fees. Wish they had free HBO like most hotels do these days. Also very noisy. Not much noise reduction from hallways or windows. Could hear babies crying all the way down the hall with the doors closed and the TV on.

The beds were nice and the maids were awesome. The room service was amazing too. The rooms were always very clean and well stocked. Their pizza was very good, the kids loved it.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Beats expectations for the price!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wish the pool bar was open more!

Pool area was fantastic, wish we had a longer there! Great service amazingly helpful, all round great stay will highly recommend this place!

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Average stay for the price, good location.
    • Standard King Room

The walls were very thin, we were able to hear the guests 2 rooms down having a conversation. One laundry area for the entire property that had 2 working washers; was very poorly maintained with trash debris that overflowed onto the floor.

The easy parking was convenient

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

The bed was comfortable and we had a nice view too.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

There should be hotel coffee available somewhere, that is not $4.00 a cup. Other than that, I really enjoyed staying at the Handlery.

The bed was comfortable and we had a nice view too. Property is very lush with a tropical feel... loved that!

Not great, but not bad
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Because it's old, the room and bathroom are pretty small. Walls are thin - my neighbor kept me up throughout the night and morning with his loud voice. The exercise room is very small and not kept up: it was pretty dirty, no cups for the water, and TVs don't work.

The hotel is in a pretty good location. Easy to get to everything and out of the way of downtown traffic. It's an old hotel (most are old in this area) but it's been updated a little, and it was clean. Nice pool, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

not a place i will stay again , they arent all that accommodating
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

I didn't like the fact that they don't allow visitors to enjoy the pool with you , they charge for parking and if you have visitors come to see you they are charged 1.50 for each half hour they are there. I don't like the fact that they charge your card incidentals just in case you happen to have any at the end of your stay they refund it however that usually takes a few (5) days to get it put back on your card, on the last day we woke to hear workers outside our door

the staff was wonderful , the room was spacious except for the bathroom , the room service was quick and the cost was reasonable for what you got , the food was very good

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

The area was peaceful.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we first walked into the lobby to check-in, it smelled really bad (strong dog odor and dog poop). There was a bar on lobby ewwww BUT staff were super friendly and helpful. The property needs some major TLC. Carpet to rooms need updating and daily deep cleaning. My bed and floor had dog poop!!! The beds were made BUT there was poop on the inside of comforter and sheets. They responded quickly and did service recovery with free parking on our 5 night stay and $10 off one night. They could have done better. Overall,without that poop incident in my room and the first impression when we walked in lobby....it would have been a good experience.

The area was peaceful. The parking area was secure. The quick response from staff when we had a problem.

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

EXCELLENT and ENJOYABLE
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. If you had questions about restaurants, directions, attractions they were very helpful. If you needed anything all you needed to do was ask. Our two granddaughters had a great time in there Giant Pool. Facility staff was fast, friendly and efficient. Housekeeping always there and the restaurant Postcards had one of the Best Pizza I've ever had

• Reviewed: July 14, 2017

Not the best stay, but better than a motel.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Cleaning service did not to a good job. Only bed was made, no trash was thrown out. The coffee machine was very dirty and left water disgusting when I tried to make tea. Killed two spiders during the stay.

Free parking was great, front desk was very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

motel/hotel hybrid
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

my car was broken into overnight in the parking lot. There was loitering outside the entrance to the buildings. The property is a hybrid of a motel and a hotel. I just wish there would have been more security.

large parking lot for a boat.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Ok value for money
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No free continental breakfast, the one offered was quite expensive Got a room in a building far away from the pool area which led to that we never even went to check it out Room was a little humid, hard to get the right temperature

Polite man in the lobby Lots of parking spots available

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

The pool was the biggest benefit of this hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was the biggest benefit of this hotel. The bar was nice but small and the rooms set in rather unattractive two storey blocks without lifts. The location of the hotel was not central and we would have preferred a more central setting. Having said that we used Lyft to get around who were excellent.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Workers where very friendly.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

We booked for non smoking and someone was smoking in the building and it wasn't cigarettes. The smell was horrible I had to get out of my room with my kids.

Workers where very friendly.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

Not family oriented
    • Superior King Room

People were up all hours of the night partying and yelling, doors were heard slamming until 3am. Overall not a good location to stay at when traveling with children and getting up early in the morning. Our room had no number labeled on the outside to locate it was our room and when you go through the door with no nimber it goes into another room with two doors then labeling our room with the number.

The hotel itself was ok the room was clean.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Hotel hot Restaurant not!
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

I waited "to be seated" my first morning at hotel restaurant, "Postcards" and was ignored by wait staff for five minutes despite the desk clerks attempts to attract attention by ringing the restaurant's phone. I was told by the desk clerk to seat myself. Another guest arrived and was quickly shown to a table, given a menu and asked if they wanted coffee. The waitress then moved quickly to the kitchen with just a glance toward me. It was obvious that I would not be having breakfast at "Postcards" nor did I for my entire nine day stay.

Clean room.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

The location was excellent for the wedding we were attending...
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fixtures were loose from the wall of the shower. The carpet and decor could use updating. The hallways were a bit shabby.

The location was excellent for the wedding we were attending, The pool area was nice.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Good family hotel.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is quite bit expensive considering the large amount of available spaces and how far it was from town.

Very comfortable beds. Good to have a balcony. A quiet hotel, that s suitable for families.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Anniversary trip
    • Standard King Room

Friendly staff, clean room, resort was larger than I expected. Restaurant was nice for breakfast. The parking lot was gated and it was nice not to have to struggle to find parking!

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

Don't like the parking staff flirting with my husband...
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Don't like the parking staff flirting with my husband and waiving towards our balcony. Need professional staff. I wish I would have walked down to see who it was.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

We were able to check in early.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Bathroom was a bit small and had a few ants but overall very comfortable.

We were able to check in early. And was able to refund my credit card when we had to charge a different card after the first initial one.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Noisy
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Adjoining rooms horrible and archaic. The hotel was full of rambunctious partiers and family's with children. Also, every time we flushed our toilette water would ooze out if the seal around the base.

Location is central

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

Very enjoyable
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

There was nothing that we didn't like.

Staff was very welcoming and friendly. Room was very clean, cozy and comfortable. Grounds clean and the pool area was beautiful! We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2017

Central Convenience
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not too crazy about the restaurant. Was not happy when I paid the dinner bill with a $100 bill and the waiter made change but there was only $90. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, still not a good feeling.

Great location in Hotel Circle. Staff was friendly and professional

• Reviewed: June 4, 2017

Don't pay more than 65.00 per night to stay!!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom shower was dirty. Room 427. It seemed like they had not cleaned the room in awhile because when I arrived the room smelled very musty. Did not smell clean at all. The shower had hair and shampoo stains everywhere. You can tell that had been there for awhile. The room was very tiny. The only good thing was the AC! The refrigerator was struggling to keep our waters cold. The room was slightly cleaner than the restroom. I can tell though that the room had not been occupied for awhile. However the staff was very friendly especially at check in, Ron had excellent customer service! Honestly if it wasn't for him I probably would've been very pissed off with booking.com because the pictures on the there are very misleading!!! The outside is very run down and so are the rooms. This "hotel" definitely needs some TLC! The pool area was ok I didn't get to use it since it was cloudy and cold. Bottom line if your coming to just just use this as a place to sleep then stay here if you are coming to relax and enjoy your room and enjoy amenities... THIS IS NOT THE PLACE.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2017

doors closed very loudly which woke us up at night.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

doors closed very loudly which woke us up at night. room was not ready at check in staff was not particularly accommodating at the front desk room was charged incorrectly after checking out.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Disappointing.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel looks like a high class hotel in its pictures but it really isn't any different than a motel/inn. I am honestly very surprised that this hotel got this rating on Booking.com. The room was small, the walls are so thin that it is almost always noisy although the hotel wasn't close to being fully booked. The hotel is right next to a highway.

The hotel wasn't full and we could easily find a parking spot in the parking lot ($14 per night). The staff at the reception have patiently put up with us even though we were not happy with our stay.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Could bring my pet;
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Beds were full size and not queen; room we stayed was quite small than average hotel room. Shower head/ water pressure could have been better. Had to drive to other location for other food choices.

Could bring my pet; convention was good been at the hotel, swimming pool

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Pool
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Room was small, no storage cabinets for clothes. No options for upgrading room. Bathroom very crammed with toilet adjacent to door. Fee for parking very high. I should have checked this item earlier, could have stayed elswhete for less. No places to eat nearby

Pool

• Reviewed: May 17, 2017

Could of been better.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

The cleanliness in the bar,the ice cold pool. They should offer a refund as we had to leave the property to eat and drink as we didn't want fruit flies in our food and drinks.

The property would have received a better review had there not been fruit flies in the bar area. Disgusting to think that they are probably in the liquor fruit etc... Had 1 beer at the bar when we noticed that. Decided not have more beverages or order dinner. The pool was supposed to be heated to 82 degrees, yet it was ice cold. Did not use the pool.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2017

Will stay again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great place for families. There is a very nice pool area, and there are reasonably priced restaurants onsite. I will be staying there again. Close to everything too.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needs renovation, outdated furniture and carpet. Pretty decent still but pictures still don't really match what you see.

The staff was nice EXPECT for a African American man name Wendell. He was VERY rude, but thankfully only encountered him once.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

The balcony was nice and the TV was upgraded.
    • Superior King Room

The room was tiny for the amount we paid. The bathroom could have been cleaner, the caulking around the tub was black and peeling and the grout looked as if it's never been cleaned. The hotel needs updating.

The balcony was nice and the TV was upgraded.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Not a comfort hotel ...
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Couldn't sleep. Too loud of noises from parking area and halls. I could hear and was woken up by every person who walked by when they spoke. You hear it all. Room smells awful.

Close to malls and waffle spot

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

Enjoyed my stay
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

I stayed there at the beginning and end of my trip. My first room was not so great. It was on the first floor and people were walking by and could look in. My second room was fantastic! There is no elevator to the second floor, a bit of a problem when lugging a suitcase and for people with physical handicaps.

Great food, but the service was only so-so.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2017

We were here for a wedding.
    • Special Offer - Room Selected at Check-In

Our stay was ok....if we would have paid the Hotel price of 587.00 for the three nights l would have been disappointed but we paid 334.00 with booking.com and that was fine.....also the Hotel charged 20.00 a night for a balcony......well the view was the freeway☹️☹️☹️ Also the bathrooms were just too small.

We were here for a wedding......we didn't have to go somewhere else for the wedding.....that was good.....

• Reviewed: April 19, 2017

Nice place to stay
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast could have been a bit more exciting. But it was fine and was included in the price.

This hotel is very close to the town centre. Lots of parking. There is a lovely pool and a restaurant onsite if you like sushi.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Great stay with laid back feel!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed in a double bedroom. Beds were a decent size but a little uncomfortable. You also have to pay for the parking lot. As a guest who rented a car on site I was surprised that we were still charged $14 overnight.

I loved the design of the bedroom! It had a wooden vaulted ceiling and the pool area was great as well. Very laid back. I really enjoyed that the pool was heated since it can get a little chilly at night in San Diego.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Cheap and cheerful
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

We didn't have a car, would have liked a supermarket close by to walk to and maybe a fast food restaurant as we felt restricted to the hotel for breakfast and dinner if we didn't want to go far. Beds not very comfortable.

Friendly staff. The pool area was nice and the restaurants on site had great service and good food. 15 walk to fashion valley trolley stop, very useful as we were not hiring a car.

Browse Handlery Hotel San Diego Traveler Photo Gallery