Reviews of Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa 4 stars

3030 Holiday Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, USA

#36 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

5.5

• King Room with Ocean View

The prices for drinks were a little high but it is a 5 star hotel in Fort Lauderdale

The rooms were beautiful..the bed was extremely comfortable and the pool was awesome..everyone was so nice and I am definitely going back.

• Double Room with Ocean View

Kids club shouldn’t be extra charge as the hotel is expensive as it is! Rooms could be a bit cleaner - filthy under shower drain

Great facilities, good size rooms, nice pool and good beach, Restaurant 3030 - amazing food, beach restaurant food is ok but overpriced for what it is

• Double Room with Balcony and City View

Cost of parking when I am paying over 400.00 dollars a night for two nights for our Alpha Kappa Alpha Conference April 25-29, 2018. I don’t feel comfortable recommending y’all for another contract.

Starbucks restaurant, courtesy

Included water sports are dependent on weather, water conditions and children’s ages. I wish this was better explained prior to stay. The hotel was very accommodating and offered a credit for non-usable days.

Great location. The beach was beautiful and private. The food on Las Olas is fantastic and the overall vibe and energy is a great backdrop.

• Double Room with Ocean View

Paying for kids club - should be free considering hotel prices and resort fee Rooms could be a little cleaner - shower especially don’t look under drain 🤢 Some staff very grumpy

3030 restaurant is amazing, food on beach and by pool good, beach and pool area are very good, good size rooms great sea view and balcony

• Double Room with Pool View

I was guaranteed room with a pool view 2 months prior to arrival, the morning we checked in early, I was then told they could not live up to the guaranteed view. They could only give me a city view. They gave me 500$ back on my 3000$ room. I wanted the view not the money. Had I had known this in advanced I would have selected another facility. They told me they had started a new booking program and had mistakenly overbooked the rooms with a view. There was no need for me to get nasty, they simply could not give me something they did not have. Bottom l line, i would rather the property let me know in advance when they can not honor my guaranteed reservation with a view. I am a Marriott Rewards member, only stay at these properties, maybe it's time to open my preferences to other competitors.

many activities, great food services, nice beach,

• King Room with Ocean View

We had wait for our 30 min past egen you are guaranteed check in which was quite late in the afternoon (4pm), especially for a high standard hotel

Beach access and amenities, friendly and attentive staff. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in

Did not see my message about feather free room (in 24hrs) and they were not ready. Had to wait for 40 minutes to have beds changed and they didn’t have duvets. Were unfriendly and not understanding in the process. Low service level. We lost the whole day due to a cancelled flight,I asked for a later checked out. They gave me one hour in a robotic way, without really listening. Unfriendly and unhelpful staff with few exceptions (the seconds lady at the reception extended our stay till 2 pm and was more understanding) Food quality wasn’t great

Great environment a true resort! First class from the front door at check in til check out! Would highly recommend! We had a great time. The restaurant 30/30 was Great!

• King Room with Interior View

Private beach , nice pool, friendly stuff. Me and my boyfriend work very hard, so we need a place to relax. This hotel had everything we needed. We didn't have to go out of this resort for anything. Starbucks, restaurant for breakfast , lunch , dinner . It was my boyfriends birthday, they brought him chocolate covered strawberries when we're having breakfast and cake when we had dinner. Definitely we going back.

• Double Room with Ocean View

Choice of vegetarian food at hotel was limited.

The hotel staff were exceptionally pleasant, courteous and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and strategically located. The beach was very nice once you got in you didn't want to leave. The room was very well appointed and clean.

The only negative comment would be that the air conditioning was far too old in the public areas. Even the staff agreed when I mentioned it ! If it could be altered this hotel would be perfect.

The proximity to universal & IOA was great. We could walk to universal & islands of adventure. Water taxi was good too. Bus service to Volcano bay very good too. Music at hotel great. Pool excellent. Food good. Fast passes were great.

• King or Double Room

They did not allow umbrellas by the pool on a mildly windy day, but did allow them on the beach. Very strange thing to worry about near a pool when the greater risk for me was that there are No lifeguards at pool or beach. The original room we got had an absolutely terrible view of the roof and air conditioners despite calling and asking about it and being assured it was nice. We weren't planning on spending much time in the room so the view was less of an issue then the fact that it was a walkout where one of my kids could have easily climbed out onto the roof. It was a charge to upgrade to a better room despite the safety concern.

Very Family friendly, lots for the kids to do. Staff were great. Never charged us for things that technically had a charge associated (beach mats, canopies etc.) Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Balcony and City View

Shouldn't have to pay for self parking if your staying at the hotel and maids didn't do rooms twice during stay bad no room service for two out of six days

Close to beach and private

Prices in hotel

Nice hotel but very exspensive for drinks and food £6.50 for pint and Jack Danial's £9.50 a shot so please BEWARE OF THESE PRICES in the resort

• King Room with Balcony

Closed beach at 5pm and took our chairs away from us (that we were using)...chairs/mats included in daily resort fee of $30...didnt think we would be kicked out of them. Didn't have the sand bar and restaurant open during the week (or minimal hours) because it was "off season" for them....not for us though! One day we didn't get daily room service until they knocked on our door at 7:30pm.

Easy access to beach

• Double Room with Ocean View

View blocked by balcony railing and curtain pocket design... Paid a premium for a room/balcony with beach/pool view, but the design of the balcony railing (low wall across 70% of balcony) and curtain pocket (curtain only retracted about 50% across opening) BLOCKED the majority of view!!! Unfortunately, these were serious building design flaws (in my opinion) and is a deal breaker for me for future bookings... Hotel accommodations and staff was very nice, but the premium I paid for a room with balcony and beach view did not deliver... I don't see the hotel changing this reality (at least with respect to the balcony wall, so I will look for a hotel with 100% glass/open rail next time and probably never stay here again...

Beds/Pillows were very comfortable!! Room was very clean!! Modern details at bathroom were excellent!! Bar at beach was super convenient!! Starbucks in Lobby was nice!! Pool deck was very pretty (although lacking of any shady lounge area) - brutally hot during day

• King or Double Room

Concierge wasn't as friendly as I expect a concierge to be. Gave us answers, but didn't smile or make us feel welcomed to his desk. This was the only staff member that was that way. Maybe he was having a bad day.

The bed was amazingly comfortable! Beach was clean and beach staff was quick to help setup chairs and umbrella. Very clean rooms.

• King Room with Interior View

I thought I had booked an ocean view on the booking.com website. I didn't pay attention that the confirmation showed an interior view. I never choose anything but water views. My fault? Not sure. I will pay closer attention next time.

Best hotel for beach access in Ft Lauderdale.

• King Room with Ocean View

I've stayed in this location twice in the last 2 months and both times in different rooms. And though I love the hotel, the bed was horrible. My sister and I could barely stand it on my first visit and on the second visit my husband and I had back pain and sleeplessness every night. My husband and I talked about staying longer but just couldn't do it because of our backs. EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE HOTEL IS WONDERFUL!

Great pool and beach!! Exercise facility is great too! And Starbucks!!!

• King Room with Balcony

The restaurant in the hotel, Ocean 3030 they could improve the food.

The property was taken care of beautifully! The beach was gorgeous! The staff was very accommodating! Friendly and courteous. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back soon!!!

The room was dirty specifically the title floors. I have small children and their feet were black. We had to mop the floor ourselves. There was no turn down service in the evening. Every time I went down stairs for water the water containers were empty. It was the fourth of July, i get it, there were a lot of people at the hotel. But they could have prepared for it. The door "windows" were filthy with finger prints. This was not a 4.5 star resort.

I liked that they let us have a roll away bed for free (for a kid) so I could sleep with my husband. I liked that I went to the restaurant early in the morning and they gave me free to go cup of coffee.

• King Room with Balcony

Valet was a little expensive $35 a day.

This hotel was perfect. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The kids truly enjoyed the beach, Pool, and the yummy cookies and lemonade by the pool was a plus. The 4th of July beach party and fire works was awesome. Kids loved the head bands and the DJ Party. We will definitely be back!!!! This hotel is definitely a kid friendly hotel with LOTS of kid friendly activities.

• King or Double Room

I REALLY LIKE THE LOCATION, EVERYTHING WAS REALLY NICE, BUT WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE THAT I WAS CHARGED A RESORT FEE WHICH INCLUDED THE WIFI AND 80% OF THE TIME THE WIFI DIDNT WORK AND KEPT SAYING ERROR OR KICKING ME OUT. I HAD TO GO OUTSIDE JUST TO MAKE A CALL OR GET ANY TYPE OF SERVICE.

I LIKE THE LOCATION, THE PEOPLE , STAFF WAS REALLY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. BEACH WAS SUPER NICE AND CLEAN.

• King Room with Interior View

Restaurant by the pool was pretty with great view, but the quality of the food was poor and the prices were expensive. If the quality was outstanding maybe the prices would be ok.

Pool and beach areas were awesome with family and activities, for all ages. Complimentary, Fresh chocolate chip cookies and lemonade as you left the pool was a nice touch. Included snorkel and boogie board equipment was also nice.

• King or Double Room

We could not get internet in our room or cell service. Internet on the property was spotty.

We wanted to up grade our room for a ocean view and Daniel at the front desk was so helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

the check in was horrible, they was so rude and unrespected. the room has a big and unsafe space on the window for the babies.

the clean, the location.

• King Room with Balcony

Only thing I felt it was a little over priced maybe bc of Tortuga Festival.

The friendliness of the staff was so awesome felt like I was at home. Everyone was so kind and sweet even Starbucks was very kind!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Room with Ocean View

there is not one really comfortable chair in the main lobby but they all look good

luxury accommodation - upscale treatment -special mention of front line troops (valet parkers etc ) who treat you properly as soon as you arrive and each time you come and go from the facility

• King or Double Room

Our view was pretty bad and the beach was hard to walk on (soft sand) and a little dirty.

The restaurants were great. Breakfast was overpriced but lunch and dinner were fantastic. We especially liked the grill/bar at the beach. The pool area was pretty and entertaining. It was a relaxing few days in the sun.

• Double Room with Ocean View

The Front-Office staff - while trying hard they are pressured, inexperienced and operationally ill-equipped to deal with the volumes and level of complaints. Flirting is not a solution to complaints - results are; Aloof and superior attitude is not an approach - its denial of an issue and a failure to see the customer; I would love to blame Housekeeping for the lack of cleanliness, but I cannot. The "upgrade" of room furniture in recent refurbishment means it is almost impossible to clean behind it, but very easy to mess, spill, lose something or have the weather bring in dust. Marriott should be better at this! They like to tell us what we want, and buy out their competitors, but remain far from perfect.

The F&B operations in this hotel are good, no excellent! However, a visit to their signature Grill and Bar 3030 is the reason I stayed at this hotel a second time. The staff, especially the long-serving waiters/tresses, are engaging, the Exec Chef is a dynamic and wonderful surprize with a real skill in flavours, timing, and originality.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• King Room with Interior View

Being lied to about our booking.com reservation at check in despite showing them the confirmation

Having Starbucks on site, but no late opening rather reduce the value

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double Room with Balcony and City View

My dissatisfaction dealt merely with room location. I paid significantly more for a room with an ocean view and balcony when I booked online. Upon arrival, I initially got the bait and switch with another room with neither. After short pleasant discussion, I received another room. However, what I received had a limited view, was directly over the restaurant dinning area and noisy area for banquets and parties at night time. I expected better for what I was paying price wise.

• King or Double Room

It was wonderful!! Loved the Beach & Pool side restaurant ! Also heard great things about the fancier Ocean (?) restaurant but did not eat there. Only downside - the place was packed with Cruise - goers, so breakfast Sunday AM was a long wait. However we opted for the lobby's Starbucks - coffee, egg sandwiches, and pastry which was quick, very good, and we ate just off the lobby at the Marriott's extensive open seating area - which is super comfortable and lovely. Strongly recommend this Marriott.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• King or Double Room

they gave us a very very noisy room and when asked for a compensation for the inconvienience, they dennied, they have to value more the clients

the staff was nice

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking garage fees and the food in the restaurant very overpriced and terrible for the money Will not return,., way too expensive with all the extra fees for what they give you the hotel is a rip off

bed's very comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• King or Double Room

GSA at Check in was very cold didn't smile. Prices for breakfast are outrageous. If the weather is bad there is nothing to do at the hotel. Two out of the three days we had nothing to do because of weather. No activities inside the hotel You have to pay for wifi that's nuts! At the nightly rate it should be included. Parking should be less for guest.

Pool and Gym Housekeeping Bartender Outside

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• King Room with Balcony

Alot of employees didn't know what they were doing . Starbucks was the only coffee place or u would have to wait at restaurant for awhile $5.00 a cup

Free wifi and roll a way beds . Pool area and most of staff friendly .

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• King Room with Interior View

A bit far to walk to walk. Have to take a trolley bus or taxi to restaurants or to the boulevard

Great facilities provided by the hotel. Staff was friendly and breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• King Room with Interior View

Prices! $62 for two breakfasts, $21 for two G +T's, $29 a day for self parking, all a little too high really.

Great location, super breakfast, lovely staff, comfortable bed and room. Great stay.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• King Room with Ocean View

Breakfast pricey $29.00 Milk was just above room temp...if your a milk drinker ....you like it v cold

Breakfast buffet good to very good ....but the omelette center was off the chart ...I think her name was Eileen ...very accommodating ...I would put that lady in for a raise ...one complaint ... 3 breakfast mornings ...milk was warm...no gluten free food...and or waffle batter... Beds were excellent...comfy ...pillows great

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Gym did not allow U16s in, bar service round pool a bit hit and miss

Excellent location next to beach, huge pool, only 15 minute walk from shops and restaurants

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Room with Ocean View

The two beds we received were full size beds which seemed to be small for me and wife.(6'2 230).Now my daughter said, she switch beds at home any time.

Ok

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• King Room with Interior View

Maintenance work started at 830am. Way too early woke us up both mornings of our stay. Housekeeping was snail paced.

Very clean and wonderful location.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Room with Ocean View

Room right next to the ice machine and off the elevator. Lots of noise from other guests getting off the elevator. Definitely not worth $400/nite. Construction noise began at 7 am along with maid service knocking on doors. Pool was disgusting with floating debris.

Pleasant staff, clean room, beautiful beach, easily accessible self parking, nice ocean view.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Beach and room service.

Booked trip thru Trip Advisor and after a bad experience with Hertz, arrived at Hotel and checked in and when we were taken to room, realized we were given room in back of hotel with two double beds looking at roof with air conditioner units. Ocean view and King bed was requested when I booked and paid for and was told it was non- refundable. Even though I wasn't asking for a discounted rate at time of booking I was charged $60.00/night more and told to come down and sign a contract to make sure I would pay extra rate. Bad Taste about whole deal from start. Stay was nice, but very unprofessional .

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• King Room with Interior View

Pool was dirty and some of the hotel was dated needs upgrades!

We liked the location and property! Beach area was beautiful! Best fitness center in a hotel that we've been to!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• King Room with Interior View

Walls in room are not at all soundproof. People next door were heard the entire time. They were not loud,but I heard them the whole day and till 12:00'midnite.

Everything but room

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• King Room with Pool View

Did not like the fact that it was a very hot weekend, the temperatures were over 90 degrees and it was really hard to find ice once in the hotel. We were constantly going from floor to floor looking for ice and it seemed only the upper floors had ice available.

Love the fact that we stayed for the 4th of July weekend and not only did we get to see the fireworks, but was plesantly surprised to find out that the hotel has a great set up. They provide beach chairs and party favors making it a fun and enjoyable experience. I had never had the opportunity to just lay back and enjoy the show. My family loved it! I completely recommend it!!

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• King Room with Interior View

but why is everything so expensive at this Marriot. Family friendly not to sure about that. Food is not children friendly at this Marriot.

Everything was really great, great stuff.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Room with Balcony

The parking was not free. We ask them if we have to pay everytime we go out and use the car they said no but they also they didnt tell us that ita 39 dollars per day u park ur car there.and there salon i was told ill get 20 percent off but they also charge me 20 percent for service fee. So dont get fooled by 20 or 50 percent coz they will put that back somewhere.

I lile the location and the staff.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• King Room with Balcony

The resort was just beautiful, very clean, and tastefully decorated. The scent in the air was dreamy and spa quality. The staff was very pleasant and professional as well. We had a girls trip and stayed here before our cruise and liked it so much, that we changed our reservations and stayed here after the cruise too.i would love to just stay a week at this resort to enjoy all of their amenities.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• King Room with Ocean View

Having to pay for Wi Fi .

Beautiful location .Brilliant concierge - sent us champagne for our wedding anniversary ! Loved the beach bar and restaurant . Perfect for a relaxing few days away .

Stayed in May 2016

• King Room with Balcony

Great location, friendly staff and nice hotel with very good amenities. Would definitely stay here again!!

• King Room with Balcony

They should be able to accomodate late check outs especially at the end of a long weekend, with the hotel not a dull capacity

Quartos

Piscina

too soft pillows

steps from the beach

there was a silver fish in the bathtub.

Price

The staff was so welcoming and very eager to please! Very kid friendly and room was kept clean! Would definitely come back!!

$$$$

Na

Beautiful property all around.

Food

Property was beautiful. Food prices ridiculously high for lunch and snacks

Happy hour menu could have more choices

no free wifi

The hotel can inprove the cleaness of lifts.

location, be on the beach, pool restaurant

• King Room with Interior View

Some staff at check in not up to job

Nice pool and bar

Everything was perfect

You can't access the spa unless you are an elite member

They serve lemonade and cookies every afternoon by the pool

• King Room with Balcony

Internet connection was not working

• King Room with Ocean View

Staff goes out off their way

Service

• King or Double Room

Restaurant prices to high No locks on bathroom

Parking fee was a bit expensive $29/night

Property, amenities, services and staffs

Not one complaint!!

Staff was fabulous!! Pool & beach were beautiful!!! Food & drinks were great!