Reviews of O'Hare Inn & Suites 2 stars

4101 Mannheim Road, Schiller Park, IL 60176, USA

#7 of 7 hotels in Schiller Park

• Queen Room

Really missed having an elevator to get to the second floor.

The location, price and shuttle service were great! Having coffee, cereal and milk available near the lobby any time is a nice touch if you have to get to the airport before the breakfast is set out.

Contnental Breakfast. Biscuit and Cereal?? Non Smoking Room?? When i tell the clerk at the front desk if my room is a non smoking room (Yes) but the smoke ODOR inside was like a fresh and strong that get me head ached.

I like only the Services they provide. Shuttle provided to and from the Airport.

My air conditioning did not work good at all in my room I had a horrible night sleep because of the air conditioning,The Air condition in hall way better than in my room #302 stayed one 16th June 2018 to 17th June 2018.All in all I like the hotel excellent for the price and location!

Excellent location!

No lift and not conveyed when booking. We were on the 3rd floor! Very poor breakfast of just cereal whereas a continental breakfast was advertised which is far more than just cereal. Poor eating area. Noisy room and noisy aircon.

• Queen Room

The room needs renovation. Breakfast consists of only cereals and coffee. One needs to call the hotel to get a pick-up from the airport (positive thing is that then you get a pick-up from the terminal you are at, you don't need to move between terminals).

Close to O'Hare, with free shuttle running from 4am onwards. 24-hour reception.

• Queen Room

I didn't like that the bolt lock on my door somehow slide across the door when I exited. Upon my return I slide my key, but could not make entrance. Went down to lobby, explained that the Security Bar on door has made it impossible to enter. After waiting an hour and 1/2; Maintenance finally arrived and got my room open. I was not offered a discount or even a room to stay in, while waiting for Maintenance to arrive to open my door. I was at this hotel due to my plane having a long layover. I had just gotten off a 10+ hour flight as well. The lobby was very comfortable. The Staff really were nice. They were very helpful and apologetic.

I like the staff.

• Queen Room

Receptionist please more friendly with the customer

This hotel very close to the airport and the room is very clean. I always stay in this hotel while I have a connecting flight from Chicago airport.

• Queen Room

Good location to the airport staff are so helpful and friendly fantastic free shuttle to and from the airport. Room was very spacious, bed comportable complete facilities. Love my stay i highly recommend this place.

• Queen Room

The breakfast offering consisted of cornflakes and coffee, nothing else. Not many people eat this combination. Even some basic bread, toast or muffins would have made a difference!

Quite comfortable, and nice towels, soap, toiletries etc.

• Queen Room

They were having a problem with their router, so we were unable to connect and use for internet. There were not many breakfast choices (cereal and coffee). But neither of these impacted us in a way that was really negative. We were only there for a short overnight stay, were exhausted and jet lagged, so it was all ok.

Room was really large and very clean. The shuttle bus drivers (we met 2) were very friendly and really helpful.

• Queen Room

It was filthy from the inside to the outside. The floors were sticky and the whole room had an odor. The walls were so thin I could hear conversations. It didn't help that I could hear the people next to me proceed to fight until 4am and then have loud intercourse.

At least it had a bed

The room

I didn't like ANYTHING IT SUCKED...the bathroom was horrible...the towels were rough. The advertisement states balcony. I was expecting privacy. The bed felt like a box spring

• Queen Room

The breakfast was disappointing as it said it would be continental but when we got there, there were only cereal and coffee. The rooms are very old dated. The receptionist was very uncomfortable when she found out we were a two-man couple and said their double bed would not be suitable for us. She made us stay at a room with two seperate beds.

They have a free shuttle service to and from the airport which is quite handy. Rooms are spacious.

• Queen Room

A number of light bulbs not working. Telephoone not working Very noisy next door and they were extremely rude when I asked if they would be quiet so I could sleep No restaurant nearby had to order in and food was cold on arrival.

Location near airport

• Queen Room

The room (especially the bathroom) was very basic, but I felt like that reflected in the price. It was very close to O'Hare and the free shuttle service was great.

• Queen Room

This property is not as it is advertised. I booked specifically to use the hotel shuttle for it's location, but this was not available, hence I had to shell out $22 just to get there. They advertise a fridge and microwave in the room and although I had no use for them, they were absent. Breakfast was not as advertised and was pretty basic and hotel check out says 11am, but Booking.com promote 12:00? Confusion all round

Slept okay when I got down and bed was comfortable. Refreshing shower using provide toiletries and AC was powerful

I called back next day and left the massive with the day shift and still didn’t return my message. Also on the return day we called the same night shift woman or Kelly for direction pick up and got yelled at by her.

The staff or night shift Asian India woman working there told her name Kelly who very unpolice. We rented the parking 9 days for vacation which paid $10 per night or $90 but We came back one day early or 8 Days and asked her if can have one day refund or $10 but said that we need to talk to manager. We left the name and phone for return call but did not return my call.

booked a 2 beds, got 1bed then were changed to a 2 beds but... room not cleaned good and the smell ( greasy, food smell) bad then waited long time at the airport to be picked up to pick up my car

• Queen Room

The bedbugs. I'm covered with bedbug bites. I'm on my long-awaited Florida vacation and I'm too embarrassed by the bite marks to put on my swimsuit.

The shuttle guy was great!

• Queen Room

Breakfast was extremely poor, literally all there was is two types of cereal, peanut butter crackers and coffee.

Proximity to the airport, just 3km from terminals 2&3, fast check in

• Queen Room

Received email confirmation that check-in could be at 9a. When arriving at hotel, at 8:30a via hotel shuttle from a flight, I was told they didn't have any rooms. Upon checking my reservation I was told "Well, we don't have any rooms available right now. And I don't know when one will be ready for you " It wasn't cleaned, people were still in the room, housekeeping hadn't shown up for work etc. I flew in from Dallas. Live in Lafayette, In. My partner was meeting me for the night in Chicago. He was delayed in traffic. What was I to do? Sit in the office til somehow I got a room? I asked why I wasn't sent an email communicating this. Gal said sorry. But she wasn't the person in charge of that. There was also no manager to talk to. I was highly agitated. However, 15 mins later, miraculously there's a room clean for me. ??? Continental breakfast consists of coffee and 2 types of cereal. We will never stay at this hotel again.

• Queen Room

Room cold- heating limited Carpets in hallways were dirty Blankets thin and no extra in room Promised free shuttle unavailable (reception didn’t answer the phone) Breakfast- cold cereal only

Location ok- near airport Night manager friendly

• Queen Room

There could be a bit more care taken for the facility: the curtains were falling down, etc. The “continental “ breakfast advertised consisted of milk and two choices of cold cereal and a small coffee pot...(a little juice would have been appreciated) Taking care of what is there doesn’t require much money if any. You have a nice place there...just take care of it. If we’re in the area again, we may just stop in! Thanks for listening.

Found a room close to airport that was inexpensive and also had a shuttle.

The establishment is more like a motel, in my opinion. Getting food may be somewhat difficult, if you don't have a car. Within walking distance range, there is a convenience store at the near-by BP gas station, but that is pretty much the only option!

Close to O'Hare. They provide free shuttle service to and from the airport. Free coffee, muffins and cereals in the morning.

• Queen Room

The first room I was given still had dirty towels on the floor. Breakfast was Cheerios or corn flakes. That’s it. When they say breakfast is included, I would expect a few more options.

• Queen Room

I did not find the airport shuttle when I got out of the airport. So I had to call the property in order to ask the staff to send the shuttle to the airport.

• Queen Room

Breakfast! They advertise Continental Breakfast, but that was offered was coffee and cold cereal... It was disappointing!

Easy access from O'Hare Airport, shuttle service was fast and convenient

• Queen Room

nothing - everything was as we expected it to be.

Very conveniently located near Chicago ORD Airport. Free shuttle pickup - short ride. Friendly driver. Buy food at SUBWAY or DONKIN'DONUTs in one minute's walking distance.

• Queen Room

Decor is old and looking a bit dated. Would recommend complete renovation and re-decoration.

Room was massive. Loads of space. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

I had to go to the desk 3 times to get let into the room because the key didn’t work. Even after that they couldn’t give me a key, they had to let me in with a master key which meant when I went in, I couldn’t come back out or it would lock me out. The staff acted like I was bothering them when I asked again for keys. The room was dark and run down. The bed and room smelt stale, like it hadn’t been aired out in weeks. The shower head didn’t work and it took me 10 minutes of wiggling the handle to get the hot water running. Breakfast was included but no gluten free options... the staff member in the morning was incorrect and clearly inexperienced with her location and information and stressed me about my flight. I needed to be at the airport at 12, asked to be on the 11am shuttle and she told me I was late and I needed a taxi or I’d miss my flight. So I paid for a taxi and ended up being way early for my flight and sat in the airport. Overall, I stayed at the property because it had breakfast included, close to the airport and a free airport shuttle and I couldn’t eat the breakfast and they stressed me to get a taxi. For $100cad for the night? Waste of money.

Leaving...

• Queen Room

The decor is a little tired but still clean and comfortable

The room was as to be expected for the price paid. Clean, basic and nice and quiet. Perfect for an overnight stay to get to OHare airport the next day. The receptionist in the morning was lovely as was the shuttle bus driver. Another great feature is free and fast WiFi and a free shuttle to o hare - just remember to book in your time slot when you check in.

• Queen Room

We only stayed one night in order to get to the airport in the early morning. Our room was clean and comfortable, the airport shuttle was ready for us and got us to the airport in plenty of time. The staff was friendly.The hotel is located next to a subway and a dunkin donut, both 24hour stores.

• Queen Room

Breakfast (no variety, no bread, fruit, rolls, just cereals and crackers Leaky faucet in bathroom Sink was not evacuating water

Spacious room with many amenities

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I reserved my room ahead of time. On the site and in the discription it stated the room came with a sofa sleeper. When we checked in however, we found there wasn’t one in our room...The room was a bit out dated. carpet was buckled in places. Glass doors to the closet were off the track. Toilet handle broke at 2:30am we had to fix our selves. the bathroom was very small.

Bed was comfortable and had plenty of pillows.

Everything. Dirty and dingy. This place needs to be shut down. It can't be good for anyone's health to stay in a place like this, even for a few hours.

The "continental" breakfast was 2 cereals and cold coffee. The rooms were very dirty, carpets sticky, bathrooms disgusting. The staff is not helpful. This place should not still be in business.

• Queen Room

My room was located near a washer/dryer, and it was very loud when I needed to sleep. Also, the rooms were very outdated.

Location to Chicago O'Hare Airport

• Queen Room

Staff was rude and unpleasant. Nothing that the hotel pictures showed was there. The room was spacious but was nasty and gross - the room was practically falling apart. There was no breakfast as promised other than coffee and the coffee tasted old and nasty. When I checked out of the hotel, I asked for a copy of the receipt and the individual acted like I was making a big deal out of something as he was surfing the internet.

• Queen Room

Maintenance is bad. Bathroom with broken tiles, door damaged and not shutting, faucet not correctly changing the water temperature. Carpet in the room is bubbling. Chair with 3 legs/wheels in stead of 4. Breakfast? Not really, Just some cornflakes and crackers.

Space, quality of the bed.

The room was extremely dirty we found a dirty pair of underwear behind the dresser along with a box of condoms brown dirt sprayed all over the walls dirty carpet the whole room stunk it was disgusting. I called twice to get compensation for the room explain to her what I found I said I had pictures she told me that those were my dirty panties in my condoms. This hotel needs to be reported she needs to be reported and I don't feel that this hotel should be advertised on your website.

nothing..it was disgusting!

• Queen Room

Strong smell of marijuana and tabacco in the hallway and the room. Lumpy pillows and mattress.

The shuttle driver, who also sometimes works behind the desk, was friendly and very eager to please. Shuttle back to the airport at 4:45 am was very punctual.

• Queen Room

The hotel was dirty & unkept. I had to change rooms because one window in my room was damaged from an apparent break-in attempt but nobody repaired the window. After being in the room about an hour I heard wind blowing through the window & that is when I discovered the damaged window. The hotel placed a small piece of wood in the window frame to try to prevent opening the window. The photo you show on the website has been photo shopped...the outside is old & not maintained. The heating/air conditioning unit in my room was mounted near the ceiling so I had to stand on a chair in order to adjust the temperature control. I booked this hotel for price & your rating of 7.7. That is a fabricated, unrealistic evaluation & I am very skeptical of your rating system.

close proximity to airport & free shuttle service

cleanliness, dark brown stains on towel, no feedback system in hotel. Worst in my life. thankfull i had taken own towel. Very shamefull even to tell. feel like puking

• Queen Room

The breakfast was a joke. It was cereal and not enough milk to put in a coffee. The coffee was gross. There was a long black hair on our "clean" towels. And the cops gave us a 5am wake up call bc there was a fight going on in one of the rooms.

The guy checking us in was nice.

I’d have loved to be able to walk to the airport from here but it’s too far

It’s handy for the airport, and they do regular shuttle runs. I had to leave at 6am and that was fine. There’s a good gas station next door for drinks and snacks

• Queen Room

I couldn't get the TV to work; there was no radio/alarm clock or wake-up call button on the phone; lots of noise from cars passing on the street and when I got to breakfast, the only thing available was dry cereal and black coffee. The milk jug was empty. Also, the jets didn't work on the bathtub.

the convenience to the airport and my car rental return location.

• Queen Room

I was overnighting, arrived after 9pm and left on 4 am shuttle (first of day) for my flight. This was just what I needed for a comfortable sleep and shower.

Carpet was dirty (Stream of dirt off bottom of feet in the shower). Chair was broken. Conflicting information from staff. Had to go back to front desk an hour later to remind them we needed items.

The location was close to the airport and car rental (Payless).

• Queen Room

Room was very loud, carpet looked 99 years old Worst 'continental' breakfast buffet ever with cheerios and cornflakes. Nothing else.

It is near the O Hare Airport

• Queen Room

Not there long enough to notice anything too bad.

Proper breakfast not available so no decent coffee. Shuttle to airport a bonus. Nothing really around but a servo which had a reasonable breakfast and coffee. Price was the draw card when booking.

• Queen Room

One staff guy was rude, but, the rest were very nice and accommodating. Its it an okay location, but, some difficulty for UBER drivers to access. Not much else negative!

Surprisingly very comfortable room! I really liked it, it was nice and clean and the AC worked very well. I LOVE that they have a shuttle service that takes you pretty much anywhere you want to go within a radius of the hotel. That is such a super great touch and pretty much helped me to decide to stay here again! Also, RIGHT next door to 24 hour dunkin doughnuts...nuff said!

• Queen Room

I had a few luggage & was placed on 3rd floor. there was no lift, so I slowly carried my luggage up to the 3rd flr. Would have been nice to have a lift to the various floors. Also, provided breakfast would have been better with the addition of bread & a toaster.

nearness to airport

The breakfast was just corn flakes and coffee. It was really bad.

The room was spacious and clean. The location was perfect, close to the airport with shuttle available.

Noisy area though so close to the airport probably should have expected it. Breakfast was only cold cereal, hallways stunk of cigarette smoke.

Convenient location to the airport and an hourly shuttle. Staff was friendly

• Queen Room

Complimentary breakfast consisted of choice of two dry cereals, coffeee and crackers with peanut butter or cheese.

Shuttle drivers were very pleasant. Close to airport.

• Queen Room

Had a lot of ants especially on the top of dresser. Had my phone and purse on it went to check my phone and they were all over it and my purse, and the continental breakfast consisted of coffee and a dry cereal what a disappointment

It wa quiet outside was clean

• Queen Room

A bit more choice of what to eat for 'continental' breakfast. However, the cereal and coffee on offer was good enough to kick start our day.

Really appreciated the space in the room especially after a transatlantic flight. Bed was very comfortable and although close to O'Hare there was no aeroplane noise. During our 3 night stay the hotel provided us with complimentary shuttle collection on arrival and delivery to the 'Blue Line' for downtown Chicago next day and collection afterwards. Same again next day. A great shuttle service and lovely people at the hotel!

• Queen Room

No restaurant or bar at location . Old and outdated/ old windows made traffic loud. Bed was comfy but the pillows were wafer thin. No elevator to upper floors

Close to the airport and shuttle service

The "continental" breakfast was two types of cereal, coffee, milk, and some peanut butter crackers! Very disappointing and not what I was expecting when it said it had free continental breakfast. We ended up having to drive somewhere to eat.

The price was good

• Queen Room

-The windows didn`t lock completely and the sounds of the nearby street were sometimes very loud. -No elevators to the floor that I was on that I could see. If you have any disablities, ensure your room is reachable for you when you book this hotel.

An old hotel and I had an old room. This room was however clean and one the largest rooms I`ve seen for this price. The free shuttle to O'Hare made this a good place for a low price to spend my final night in Illinois.

• Queen Room

Lady at reception is way to serious. She needs to learn to smile. There are no good channels on the TV, but there is wifi so you can watch YouTube or Netflix.

The shuttle driver who also helped me to my room was terrific. Very kind and helpful - so comfortable to be with him. The rooms are big with a nice sitting area, small fridge and microwave. There is a big gas station next door with lots of snacks, a Subway and a Dunkin Donuts.

Breakfast was under expectation

Airport shuttle was very convenient for me. We could travel from airport to the accommodation and then back to the airport to get the public transportation to travel to the downtown of chicago.

• Queen Room

Interior was very unmaintained. Toilet seat fell off, huge stains in the sink, stained carpet. Airport shuttle stops at 11pm, before my flight arrived. Night agent at desk was very hard to communicate with (I work in silicon valley so this isn't usually a problem for me). Overall this was a gross place. I understand it's cheap but you can do cheap without being gross. Management needs to invest in the physical plant a lot more.

Cheap

• Queen Room

At this time, I can't think of anything!

We first took the car ferry from Michigan into Wisconsin, driving from there to Illinois. Everything was fantastic, right down to the heavy rain that started soon after our arrival!☺

• Queen Room

Breakfast had only 1 option - may as well not offer free breakfast. Shuttle to airport required sign-up, but I was not allowed on because another family who signed up later was given priority.

Close to airport

• Queen Room

loved it was not expecting something special for this price just for the fact that i was only for night and to be close to the airport wonderful service at 4 in the morning to i would surely say this one is a keeper on your list

Called front desk as there was "No" remote to watch t.v. She said she would see what she could do! But she never brought us a remote! Also the breakfast was horrible with only powdered milk for coffee and cereal. Rooms also smelled funny. I thought weed my daughter mold!

• Queen Room

Breakfast was terrible - cheesy crackers or a very dodgy looking cereal - that was it I asked for the shuttle in my booking - hotel never replied to say i needed to call them in landing and i waited nearly an hour with a toddler for the shuttle to arrive (other hotel shuttles were on a circuit)

Shuttle to airport next morning - i was dropped directly to car rental area no problem

• Queen Room

breakfast was a joke :-( , the hotel is far from the town although they provide hotel shuttle to the Covention centre

hotel shuttle, quite big and comfortable room

• Queen Room

Very outdated furniture and decor. The only offering for the free breakfast was cereal and drip coffee, although the website advertises cappuccinos.

Comfortable and spacious room

• Queen Room

The people that answer the phone and work the desk were dismissive and rude. I arrived at 9 in the morning before check in at 3. I had telephoned beforehand and explained that I would like to leave my luggage, so I could sight see, and I would be leaving for the airport at 4 in the morning. I literally was paying for the room for 11 hours. I was charged $15 storage fee to leave my bags in the basement until I checked in. I returned at midnight to check in and asked for my bags, there were two people there working, but they pointed down the stairs and said I could go get them. When I finally got into my room, the bed was unmade and trash everywhere, requiring me to return to the front office. We were given another room, however, the rooms are rundown and the sheets were pilled up and reminded me of sleeping on sandpaper. After I slept for 2 1/2 hours, I returned to the office to ask about the shuttle. The man working the desk was the same as the night before, he didn't answer my question, but instead walked by me and picked up the phone. He never acknowledged me at all, even though we were the only two people in the place. When the shuttle got there shortly after four, I left wishing that I had sat in the airport, rather than paying $85. I have traveled extensively through the U.S. , Europe, and Central America, this rates as my worst hotel experience ever.

Sam the shuttle driver was the best thing about this property, he was friendly and helpful.

• Queen Room

When we arrived at the hotel they said that we had booking for the night before n we never showed up? Which wasnt true. Then they found our booking but still claimed that the dates were for the night before?!?! They said they dont have any rooms available etc. Our friends were told the same thing as they arrived one night earlier so not sure whats that all about?! We eventually got our room but it was totally flooded n stank as hel! We were moved to a different room - horrible, old and smelly. For breakfast : coffee n cereal with milk! Wont be recommending or staying again.

• Queen Room

Despite the volume of negative reviews the hotel was actually very decent for the amount of money paid. Front desk was respectful and the check-in and check-out went smoothly. The room was clean and did not have a noticeable smell. Would recommend this hotel for anyone looking to save money. There are plenty of stores nearby that offer gas, food, and dining. The hotel is extremely close to O'Hara airport and Allstate Arena.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Room

Bad mattress. Flat pillows. The alarm on a car right outside my window would go off for a couple of seconds every time a jet flew over. The hotel is only one mile from O'Hare--that's a lot of jets. Not the hotel's fault, I know.

Extremely convenient to O'Hare. A lot of good restaurants and stores to pick up those last-minute flight items just up Mannheim from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Queen Room

When I booked through booking.com, it changed the dates I had put in to stay at the hotel. I tried to change them, and the site wouldn't let me. Within the minute I tried to contact booking.com and get them to change the reservation but the hotel wouldn't oblige. This hotel should really have a better cancelation/change policy.

The location means you need a car or you are stuck there with no restaurants near by. Thankfully there is s garage which sells food a subway and a dunking donut and alcohol. But it felt a bit grim being stuck there. Also we were given a room with no wifi although other rooms had wifi so we were not pleased about this.

Large room with all appropriate facilities