Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg NE 3 stars

#1 of 1 hotels in Manadahill

4.0
    Need a make over ASAP!!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The bed are terrible hard, I have arthritis en I did get to much sleep; it was dusty, tub and toilet need it a clean up; the window shade was not working so forget natural light; the hot tub was dirty.

The location was the only thing good; unless managment do a really good makeover I refuse to comeback to this facility. Bath tub dosen't have anti-slepery on place and my husband felt on it.

It was a wonderful stay!!

Everything was fine.

Our stay was quite nice. The room was clean and satisfactory. I asked ahead of time for a cot and it was in the room when we arrived.

Met our expectations nicely.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Wi-Fi was unbearably slow. Terrible connection with one of two computers not working during our stay.

Comfortable bedroom, updated and modern. First floor easy access to all. Great access to Hershey.

Very clean and well kept.

Very clean and well kept. The breakfast was always well stocked and staff were on top of it and readily available for anything you needed. The room was spotless and looked updated and the beds were very comfortable and clean!!!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very happy with the hotel and will continue to use when we are in Hershey.

Breakfast was excellent. Pool was nice. Very close to Hershey Park. Rooms looked brand new and the staff was very friendly. Also the pillows were very comfy.

My only dislike, we were a family of 29.

My only dislike, we were a family of 29. We were in the lobby waiting for our pizza and it was after 10pm. The clerk upfront wasn’t pleasant. Said abruptly “you all have to leave”

Our room smelled like urine, housekeeping is horrible.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Our room smelled like urine, housekeeping is horrible. I guess no one taught them how to clean up a room. Then one day they never even cleaned our room. I booked my hotel room online then I get to the hotel and they wanted me to pay $100 more then I was already paying. I usually stay at Holiday Inns when I travel with the kids, but this one I would never come back to.

Proximity to Hershey Park.

The first day looked like room service didn't do much. Only made bed. Didn't vacuum, replace shampoo, etc. We pointed it out. They took a little off the total charge and was better next day.

Proximity to Hershey Park. Breakfast was good. Typical selection.

Just stayed 2 nites at Stamford Marriott - your hotel surpassed my requirements over them

The only complaint I had was that the bathtub/shower was a bit dangerous - I almost fell as there was a slant to it that I have never experienced in any tub - luckily I caught myself but hit myself on the bar. Likely need to post a sign somewhere warning people of this type of tub.

I need to feel safe when I travel - I require cleanliness - value for my money - I feel I got all 3

It was very clean
    • Room Selected at Check-In

No pool I booked for a king bed when I got there they told me no more king bed available I was left stuck with 2 queen bed which was very uncomfortable

It was very clean

Will stay there again.

You could hear people talking and shutting their doors outside our room.

Beds were very comfortable. Room was very roomy. Breakfast excellent. Cinnamon rolls kept calling you back. Employees very helpful. The reading lamps on headboard nice extra.

Ok

The TV remote did not work and the welcoming to the hotel was very cold, I did not feel welcome even if this was my 3rd stay at this hotel.

Breakfast was very good and we had plenty of good choice

I'd try some place else next time I'm in the area.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The pool was not inviting. It was old and looked dirty. The fitness center was not all all like the one pictured on their website. It was so small it was almost claustrophobic and there was no room for more than one person at a time, comfortably. None of the ice machines on the floors worked. You had to to the bottom floor and then all the way to the other end of the building for ice. The bed was VERY uncomfortable and the desk set-up was awkward.

It was clean.

Very neat and clean.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Everything except the breakfast area was too small and got over crowded very soon.

Very neat and clean. Perfect for the stay after the most stressful day of our life.

My stay was good in all ramification.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Apart from all the good things i said above, what i did not like is that i booked for multiple bed (0ne king bed and 2 queen bed) for me and my family, unfortunately when i got arrived at the hotel i was given one king bed and one queen bed only. When i complain i was told that that was booking information the booking staff representative gave to them.

The beds were comfortable and the whole room is well taken care of, the lighten were perfect, also the air condition were running good. The workers were friendly and ready to assist when needs arise. In short all is good.

Overall the stay was good.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

What I didn't like was the bathroom rack over the toilet seat I didn't care about that at all

I liked the pool, food and the room was nice. The staff at the front desk was exceptional and informative.

Average at best
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Small eating area. No room safe. Phone in room was not working. Tv remote needed batteries. Ice machine on the second floor was not working. Tiny pool.

Not worth the money, would not stay here again

Air Conditioner made a horrible screeching sound with it turned on during the night, sink outside the bathroom, bathroom really small, inconsiderate parents letting their kids run up and down the hall at 11::30pm, pool is considerably smaller than the picture depicts, pool area is way too hot to just sit and lounge.

Decent breakfast, better than average wifi

Over priced for what we paid.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The floor in the room was damp feeling. The breakfast food was not real warm. The tables were dirty. Had to clean off the table the best we could. Didn't see the attendant until we were almost done. 😣

Good stay, would definitely stay there again, and highly recommend this hotel
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Noticed a small amount of ants in the room by the airconditoning unit, I told the staff about it and they immediately changed my room. Awesome

The breakfast was good and always hot. Coffee was avail 24/7

Felt like a vacation...
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Had no complaints really except I had to go outside to smoke Im use to smoking rooms..not really a complaint though..

Room was exceptional by far clean,comfortable and within reason.Enjoyed breakfast in morning and very friendly staff from check in to check out would definitely stay again when back in area.

Breakfast was great, many choices, kids enjoyed the pool.

Coffee was horrible and weak, no flavor creamers were offered. Our coffee pot in our room was filled with filthy water and we were given only decaf coffee pods. We were there 4 days and everyday they cleaned our rooms our sheets were never changed once.. shower water was to soft and no pressure, my daughter slipped in tub because it was uneven.

Breakfast was great, many choices, kids enjoyed the pool.

I loved the hotel in general, the room was amazing.

I did not like the staff, room service woke my family up at 6:30 AM to do house keeping while we were asleep. I also did not like the fact that I wanted to pay for the room in cash, and personnel ended up charging my credit card on file. Very dissatisfied.

I loved the hotel in general, the room was amazing.

Great for HersheyPark
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Would have like bacon with breakfast, but otherwise everything was great.

Breakfast was pretty good, staff was very friendly and helpful. Place was new so rooms and common areas (pool and gym) were very clean.

Worth the cost and great travel location. Will use again in future.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Did not like bathroom sink separate from bathroom, understand concept, just not sure I like that style.

Bed was very soft and conducive to rest, breakfast was well prepared, excersise and laundry facilities on site, great price.

The stay was OK .
    • Room Selected at Check-In

When we first arrive the staff had no clue we was staying there at the hotel . Two staff members took 25 minutes to find our reservation . Then the room had one bed and it was four of us.

There was coffee and tea there all day, The night shift staff was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Just ok, modern & clean
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Réception clerk could have been more attentive and smile to her customer. The breakfast was just ordinary, I have seen better from that place

Modern, clean & well furnished

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Loved our stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Only thing I didn't like was having to wait about 5 min with all our bags to check in.

Loved the rooms, the holiday decorations, and the breakfast variety.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Great place to stay!
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The bathroom didn't have a plunger, and there was a hair clump in the spa tub in our bedroom.

Staff was so great. The hotel itself was very nice looking and clean. The breakfast was delicious. We loved our stay here.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Clean, safe area Inn with food nearby.

The only thing was the spongy dry eggs and hard bisquits we didn't care for. But we did enjoy the pancakes and bagels!

From the minute we walked through the entrance the Inn was clean and smelled clean, the staff was friendly and the room was so inviting after a nice warm shower I fell asleep so soundly on the very comfortable bed. A+++

Adequate stay, not my favorite Holiday Inn Express but I would go back

Stains in the ceiling above bed looked like a bloody handprint or a hand covered in muddy red dirt. My friend and I were stopped by front desk staff on way to hot tub and told it was closed because a group of kids messed it up then night before - but they were letting everyone else into the pool and hot tub, not sure why we were singled out.

Comfortable bed, clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

the room was very comfortable and clean.

we had a problem with the fact that when we came back to the hotel on the second night we could not find a parking spot. people that were taking part in the car show had parked trailers in multiple spots and left them there all day while they were away. then when they came back they filled another spot and sometimes two with bigger trucks! we ended up parking in the circle where deliveries were made by large trucks.

the room was very comfortable and clean. the breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

AWESOME! Will definitely stay here again!

Weak water pressure while taking a shower.

Clean rooms! Great friendly staff and decent breakfast. Quiet room with comfortable bed. I loved the night, reading light attached to the bed.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

POOR COMMUNICATION
    • King Room with Spa Bath

We booked a whirlpool room, so as expected we were expecting a whirlpool room once we checked in we got to our room, it was not a whirlpool room it was a king suite. We were bumped down without warning as the receptionest knew we were expecting a whirlpool room and did not say anything to us, the fact we were bumped down, or anything of the sort. This pissed us off greatly. We may not return or use your service again. The fact that we were not notified ahead of time or even at check in is absolutely ridiculous. It was a joke.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Amazing stay at Holiday Inn Express! Was everything we hoped for and more!

nothing! We had 3 rooms and we all loved it!

The rooms were amazing. The beds were the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The breakfast was delicious. The kids were excited to swim in the pool.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Great place to stay.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Only complaint was 2 mornings in a row we had no hot shower water, just warm. Should never have this problem even if all rooms are all occupied.

Everything was as expected. Very Clean facility,parking area well lighted, indoor pool area clean & you could tell pool was properly maintained ,and avg. cont. breakfast. Staff member working the breakfast area made sure the guests never ran out of the food. Just off rte 81. Only 10 minute drive to Hershey RV show/Hershey park, eating area. This is an great location because if you are checking out other surrounding towns or the valley, it is easy to use as a base. But it does seem like if you want to visit Lancaster and towns close to it, you have to drive thru Hershey and connect with several small connectors to get there. Beautiful country driving thou. We had to go to the Soda Jerk ! Everyone enjoyed there meal.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I want to live at the Holiday Inn!! I love this place!

I honestly can say there was not one thing that I was displeased about. The hotel was beautiful, the room was very clean, the spa area was great, breakfast was awesome. No complaints here!

I like how there is the little area that is almost like a convenient store. It has just about everything you might need. The staff was very friendly, and helpful!! My room was clean, cool little reading lights attached to the bed made me smile... Very nice furniture. I didn't want to leave.. Oh, and FREE breakfast... It gets no better than that! Yes, I am a real person, No, I was not paid for this review. Lol.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Satisfied

The one pancake maker need two for a hotel of people was standing in line for 15 min for a pancake

Great breakfast it was clean and close to theach park

Ok

The bed me where tooo hard my back now has been hurts days later

Clean good breakfast nice staff

The hotel very affordable to stay

The hotel very affordable to stay

Comfortable

Not much to do in the area

Comfortable

Mt stay was comfortable.

The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was excellent.

Love that this Location was close to Hershey Park, & had...

The Pool was so small and humid

Love that this Location was close to Hershey Park, & had Breakfast

Didn't

Was not satisfied the cleaners did not. Do a good job in cleani v the. Rooms

Didn't

Had a great time

Our shower had a dirty fabric shower curtain and there was a...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Our shower had a dirty fabric shower curtain and there was a dirty washcloth hanging on the shower rod.

No pancakes

No pancakes

The staff was very nice, room felt newer and clean.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The staff was very nice, room felt newer and clean. Great breakfast! Close to Hershey Park

Met all expectations

Friendly staff, stand up computer work desk area, quiet location, great breakfast.

Good for just a stop over.

The room smelled.

Liked the breakfast and ease of check in.

Ok for one night

The sink in the corridor,prefer it in the washroom.

The sink in the corridor,prefer it in the washroom.

Great!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Staff were friendly and place is nice and neat. Pool was great. Temp of the water was perfect!

Staff was great.

Staff was great. Room was nice

Very nice property. Lovely rooms..pool water looked dirty.breakfast was great

Shower water wasn't very hot

Nice,clean,big rooms,nice stuff

Wi fi was terrible,you lose connection every 30 min,and have to reconnect over and over again..

Nice,clean,big rooms,nice stuff

Amazing place to stay for everyone
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There is very limited seating in the breakfast area.

The room is super clean, and the beds are so soft and comfortable.

OK for a night!

Sink not located in the bathroom-Big issue with my wife.

Great stay

Property was very clean!! Woman at the front desk was nice and helpful. Only 13 minutes from hershey park. And room had a microwave and a fridge.

Quick stop but enjoyable.

Pool appeared yellow and spa was very noisy.

Room was very clean. Love the reading lights! Breakfast had a great variety.

don't know.

Keurig coffee maker in the room.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The eggs weren't labled properly at breakfast.

Keurig coffee maker in the room.

Excellent customer care, good location

Excellent service good location

Great stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Beds were a little uncomfortable

I would stay here again great location for Hershey Park and area.

the pool wasn't super clean

the staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

Very clean and safe

Very clean and safe

Clean hotel friendly staff
    • King Room with Spa Bath

Could hear through the walls

Clean

Rooms were nice and breakfast was good!

The pool needs to be updated!!

Rooms were nice and breakfast was good!!

I loved the room it was very clean and nice.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

I loved the room it was very clean and nice. The staff was awesome and very helpful.

It was very good at different to stay there again
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The place was nice clean

Great place to stay if you're looking for affordable comfort.
    • King Room with Spa Bath

The food was excellent and the bed was amazing! Very clean.

My stay at holiday inn express in Harrisburg NE
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Not having the sink in bathroom

Staff were friendly and approachable. Keurig coffee in the room.

Relaxing

N/a

Everyone was great and friendly

Not like the other Holiday Inn Express I've stayed at😝
    • King Room with Spa Bath

My room was not ready when I arrived after3pm. The room was dingy and the linens smelled bad.

I always stay Holiday Inn. The location