Reviews of Hawthorn Suites Sacramento 3 stars

321 Bercut Drive, Downtown Sacramento, Sacramento, CA 95811, USA

#50 of 78 hotels in Sacramento

Good location, friendly staff, and good breakfast.

Room looks old, stained carpet and couch, rest of soap in the bathtub, I do not think they cleaned the bathroom before we got the room! Need room remodeling or a lift ASAP.

Good location, friendly staff, and good breakfast. Rooms were spacious.

Very comfortable and worth the $
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The glass doors to get to the rooms dont stay closed. Wish the bar opened earlier.

Love the buildings and the pool. I like that they have a bar and offer breearlier.I like the concept of the glass doors to get into the buildings to access your room feels safe and secure when they r closed and locked.I like that there is a restaurant in the parking lot of the hotel.love the rooms and staff is nice

Then going here for 14 years but won't be back
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

We had a two bedroom suite with a fold-out couch. When my daughter went to sleep on the couch there were no blankets and the sheet that was on it was dirty and covered with plastic pieces. When we pulled the sheet off the mattress was stained and had holes in it and you could see the springs. We had to call to get blankets for the pull out twice and never received them that night. The next day we requested a rollaway bed which we did get later that afternoon and it was better than the fold-out couch but not great. There was shampoo and soap stuck to the shower walls from previous guests. There is siding falling off the building. And our room wasn't vacuumed on the second day because the plastic from the fold-out was still on the floor.

It is a good location to downtown Sacramento if you're looking to go into that area

Love this place! My go to in Sactown!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast should be until 10 am so that people have time to get up and ready to check out and still have food and coffee!

Very comfortable beds and pillows! Safe location!

Hidden gem that meets all your needs
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Not as close to downtown as I thought it would be.

A hidden gem . Fab hot breakfast served in a lovely room. Hotel is built around four buildings with a pool in centre of courtyard. While it is an older facility, it is well maintained by charming staff. The free 24 hr shuttle to and from airport is an enormous help

It was pretty decent.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty carpets, real loud AC and there were empty soap boxes under the sink, there was too much space in the door so the light came in at night and you can hear everything

The price was good. Didn't have to walk far to get to room. The staff was nice and friendly. Bedding was clean.

The room has old and badly stained carpet!

Everything!

The room has old and badly stained carpet! The beds are hard as sleeping on a stack of bricks. This location was one of my worst stay for a none low budget hotel.

Breakfast was great, except the styrofoam that we had to eat...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

You guys need to get rid of the styrofoam! Yuck! Please find something else like other hotels do!

Breakfast was great, except the styrofoam that we had to eat off and drink out out of.

Dissapointing service, hotel fine, rooms need renovation.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We were staying several nights. Staff....incredible unprofessional. Managers are screaming at their staff (problem with towels or something). They gathering in the corners and complain about the job. Front desk unwelcome and unprofessional, charged me 300$ more. And last day charged me for one extra night. When I started questioning lady at front desk she was talking about international cards ?! than about me staying one day longer...was it my accent? Breakfast is served on foam plates (I thought they are forbidden), but selection was ok. It would be nice to get fresh eggs, instead scramble something. The room: not clean, carpet dirty with stains, bathroom with ants and other things. We have not enough towels when we came to the room and it took them a day and another asking to give to us 3rd big towel. Than it was fine with towels. The sink was clogged....again it took them a day to send somebody. We came in the afternoon to the hotel. No hand/body lotion.

Comfortable breakfast room, open bar, pool (one day the water was out), gym. Comfortable beds and sheets.

The bar was supposed be open at 5pm never opened.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bar was supposed be open at 5pm never opened. I got pink eye the next day. Not sure if it was from the airport or hotel. I was surprised of the homeless in the area.

Can’t beat it location, full breakfast, large room and all...
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Can’t beat it location, full breakfast, large room and all the friendliness of staff with one exception at check in. Which we shared with the professional front desk man “Jimmy” which he took ownership and gave us a credit which was not expected as we know a great place can get rained by bad customer service. The Hawthorn will be our go to place when we go to Sacramento.

Good sized room.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Check in , verging on rude. Check out was better. Spider webs on windows, several ants were found in the room someone's hair was found on bed as we walked in.

Good sized room. Breakfast was a plus.

Fantastic location, value, and service!
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping asked to clean the room at 9am and this woke my wife up...

The room was nice, it was very comfortable as well as the staff. They were smiles. The breakfast was all right, but for the price, I am happy with what we got.

Great deal for the money.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The rugs in my room were stained. Hot tub was lukewarm.

Great breakfast. Wonderful staff. And hey, it looks like a new restaurant is opening right next door!

It was a good stay after a 30 hour trip, but really overpriced and no airport shuttle as they claim.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Orange juice, water tasted like metal, could have been at least some options for vegans. We were charged 20$ more, than the price was when we booked. For a few months no one replied to our questions about the airport shuttle, so we guess there isn’t one.

The scrambled eggs were wonderfull. Bed was comfy. Staff was extra friendly.

We will think about the other airport hotels with shuttles before we book with you again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Uninterested staff at the main desk. The hallway smelled like dirty laundry and dishes, which was just what we found piled in the hall at 11:45 pm. The same pile was there at 8 am the next day. And it smelled even worse. Obvious that no one walked the halls for security or housekeeping. The carpet was terribly stained in our doorway and the air conditioner was so loud I stuffed Kleenex into my ears. We had been traveling over 48 hours from St. Lucia and were so exhausted we couldn't make the effort to change rooms. The bed was clean so we slept and left.

Bed was comfy

Breakfast host was very nice and my grandson enjoyed the...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Marijuana found on floor in front of sink, debris of unknown origin under sink and unknown substance on drinking glasses on bathroom counter. There were only 2 bath towels in the room (we were a party of 3)

Breakfast host was very nice and my grandson enjoyed the pool.

Immaculently clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They were in the process of getting rid of the bar in the lounge downstairs, so there weren't many drink options.

Immaculently clean. Property closes all but one gate at night time, so it felt safe.

There was a cockaroach in the first room.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a cockaroach in the first room. The staff was nice and promptly found us another room. Didn't see any roaches in the second room. However, the tv wasn't working on that room & the staff had to come & fix it. For some reason the tv kept going out out & had to be rebooted everytime you turned it back on. Also, housekeeping missed cleaning our room after the first night we were there.

This is a nice place to go away from home, the bed was perfect!
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was super comfortable and all in all it was a great stay. The check in times and the check out times were perfect giving me plenty of time to get my things together. The staff were really friendly and I was very pleased with my stay. I will recommend this hotel to people I know. Thank you,

The night staff seemed like they were new and had NO idea...
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The night staff seemed like they were new and had NO idea how to answer any questions. We were told by the girl at the desk "I hav no idea where an ice machine is - I haven't actually investigated that". ???? Not much help at all. Also requested that the remote for the tv be fixed - wouldn't turn on/off the tv or adjust the volume. Took 24 hours for that to be done, and only happened after I asked at the front desk for a 3rd time.

The housekeeping staff was friendly and responded well to...
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff seemed kind of confused at times--for example, there's an onsite restaurant noted on the key folder, but they didn't even know about it (and it's been closed for 8 years). Also, at one point two of them were helping one person reserve a shuttle (it didn't require two people), and I had to interrupt to get one of them to answer my question.

The housekeeping staff was friendly and responded well to our (not many) special requests. The breakfast offered a nice, ample selection. The room was a good size.

overall it's great, I love staying here and would recommend it to everyone.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The homeless who hang out around there and the fact that I can't eat in my room during breakfast time. I get that people have the additional guest but allow them to take one plate at least and if they come back then they have to sit there.

I love this hotel, It's in a slightly rough area but it's still a great location, close to everything. I love breakfast, the beds and overall the hotel itself. I have stayed here dozens of times and would recommend it to anyone.

You are a Shame
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Did not get recipient at check out people were rude when i came a requested that some bugs and ants need to be cleaned up in the room. The AC in one room did not work . Plus the fighting with one work and a homeless scared my kids into not wanting to stay there. Then last i was double charged and you won't give me my money back . Which i have reported . That's why i know didn't receive any paper work after check out. Never have i had this happen before but this is the only and last i will and or any of my family or friends will ever stay in your hotel again .

Not one thing people that work there are very rude.

GHETTO
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I had a room that slept 6 and only blankets and pillows for two of the beds. When I asked for more was told they were out at desk and could not get more. UNACCCEPTABLE!

My go to place in Sac!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Some sketchy looking people. My A/C was on the fritz. Refrigerator was broken.

Very secure. Very friendly staff. Also great breakfast and super comfortable beds!

Would stay there again if ever passing through in the future

Had to hunt for a cart as we left at 5am. Had to go to front desk

Liked the location, right off the freeway. Beds were very comfortable Plenty of parking. Had a 26' uhaul. Easy to get in and out

Pay more elsewhere.. Especially if you have Mobility Issues
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Ants crawling in bathroom. Mold in Bath/tub Surround . Room smelled like Dirty Laundry.. UGH.... Horrible Parking availability I am handicapped and there is a Very Severe Shortage on Handicap Spots, for building access.. Very Sad .. But, Paula Meyer “Manager” and Estella “House Keeping Manager” Were Quick to Kill the Ants and Scrubbed Bathroom, The Staff Overall were Very Nice and On the Ball .. I had to ask for a “One Night Comp” of my 3 night stay. I will Not Stay Here Again. I stayed here ONLY because of $83 Night Price. Next time I will Pay More at Nicer Facility.

Overall i would not stay there again.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Well it was located in a area that wasn't a good site out front. And my room was Ok until I notice small cockroaches on the tables and doors.

Breakfast was awesome! And the staff somewhat ok and nice

Great location and Great rooms.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I had to go through three rooms, they were all not clean...but the staff made up for the inconviences...by upgrading me to a suite....

Overall it was a great stay....but it started out bad. Staff was wonderful...

Purposefully overcharged my credit card and can't get a refund from them.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Overcharged me. Bookings.com rate was 71/nite they charged 87/nite. Tried to get a refund from the property, then the parent company, but a month has gone by and no refund. Also in a rather sketchy neighborhood. They have a security person asking for your room number when you go for breakfast. Obviously homeless people wandering around.

Breakfast was good.

The breakfast is always tasty and quick.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Our room wasn't as clean as I would like. My daughter sat in the bath and underneath the handle was covered in mold and mildew.

The breakfast is always tasty and quick. Our check in was very fast.

Nothing special, but adequate for the price.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not bad, but could be better (like use actual eggs, not powdered). The property seems old, and not very secure. There are multiple buildings and you are "supposed" to have to swipe your room card in order to gain entry, but people leave the doors propped open often, especially because they rent out party rooms in the back buildings and no one monitors the area, plus the room keys/readers seem to be finicky and didn't always work.

Overall I'd say it was adequate; old, but clean, no bugs in the room, beds were fairly comfortable, breakfast was decent, with a few different options. It's the least expensive hotel in the area at their current rating, but still not exactly cheap, so I guess I expected a little bit nicer.

It started off awful but the staff, who was awesome, quickly made it amazing!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room we were given was in a very smelly corridor and the smell seemed to be coming from the room we were given! It was dark and the chair was FILTHY! I wouldn’t let my kids sit on anything in there and I was afraid we’d have to find another hotel on very short notice. My husband asked for a different room and it was PERFECT! Fresh, clean, bright...total opposite. I just wonder why they chose to give us the gross room in the first place 😔

The bed was like a cloud.

Not worth the money. Will not be staying there again
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

They put us in the wrong room and had to move all of our stuff and baby to another building. There was McDonald garbage under the bed. Ants on the bathroom floor and walls. Sheets and pillow cases were dirty. Carpets need to be replaced.

Hawthorn Suites of old no longer exists at this location.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I have stay at the Hawthorn over the years for business until retiring about 7 years ago. Have never seen the place in such disarray. Arrived about 4:00 p.m. Room was musty, air unit did not work except on fan very loud. Bathroom shower had used bar of soap including hair. Room Door lock difficult to unlock, rattled when closed and locked. Breezeway door would not close unless jammed shut. (Security door). Smell of marijuana throughout halls, thought it was guests viewed it being staff. Refrigerator in room did not work, no ice bucket, carpets in need of cleaning/replacement. At night area overrun with homeless population. Grounds surrounded by wrought iron fencing, one way in , one way out. All restaurants in area had been torn down and removed leaving bare lots. Coffee house restaurant on property was closed and in need of remodeling before ever opening again. Exterior facia boards on Hawthorn in need of replacement as well, siding and exterior doors that have rot. The Hawthorn of old no longer exists at this location.

Beds were soft

Glad we stayed here, wasn't surprised by it, feel it was an acceptable value, but it's still icky.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The upstairs locking door was not just propped open but it was deliberately pulled apart so it wouldn't close. I closed it, at some risk to my hand which I fortunately didn't cut but could have, badly. I'm sure whoever slid the door open like that just returned it anon. It's not the most inspiring of atmospheres outside of one's room.

You get what you pay for. This is an inexpensive place, and it's quite comfortable and spacious. The trouble is it's also quite grubby. And all that is discernible from the ratings; I cannot say I didn't expect this. I had hoped for a tad better, but it's OK. I don't want my money back and I'm grateful to the place being here and what it is. At the same time, it wouldn't take much to make it better. Vacuuming. Adequate towels (there was just one). Etc. Oh yes, and the breakfast was truly terrible. Inedible. That was most disappointing; I would have thought it could have been the standard breakfast fare, but this was markedly worse than average.

Not our best pick
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of homeless people surrounding area. Dirty wash rags on top of shower curtain from previous guests. Pool was NOT heated as they claimed. Heater/Ac unit do loud you could not use it while sleeping. Huge gaps in door made noise from other guests even louder in the room. Carpet not so clean.

The front of building is welcoming. The breakfast was good

Bed was really comfortable, room was spacious and homey.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Wasn't too big of a deal, but had lil black ants in bathroom n shower.

Bed was really comfortable, room was spacious and homey. Also the continental breakfast was pretty good..

Ok, but going down hill.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Dirty rug. Torn fabric on furniture. Lots of noise at nite. We’ve come here for years and it gets seedier every year. We will not come back.

Big room. Comfortable bed.

Underwhelming.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

non-functional light, completely unsecure internet, extremely musty smell, vending machines marked on the provided facility map that were completely missing, upon asking staff they had no idea what vending machines I was talking about.

It was close to the freeway
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

It was in a questionable location. Homeless folks were congregated across the street from the property and with the signage on the property stating that they were not responsible for damage or theft made our stay uncomfortable. The property in general could use a facelift.

It was close to the freeway

Stay somewhere else
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Ants, maid noise, no nearby vending machines, staff not acknowledge issues, early breakfast close.

Breakfast was good but only til 9am M-F, 10am Sat/Sun. Ant trail over bathroom threshold that were crawling on me as I woke. Vending machines only in lobby. Feather pillows so feather pieces everywhere. Maid carts upstairs LOUD and early. On checkout day, maids tried to enter twice while were trying to pack up to leave. Not worth over $100/night!

It was nice and relaxing
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

More towels and I didnt like the fact that I had to give a deposit had I kmown this thru the website I booked it thru I would have chose another facility.....

It was mice amd quiet very nice and clean

Did not want to stay the second night.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Shower would not drain, tv lost signal in the evening, it says heated pools but that was not heated. Food was not good. Lots of homeless people wandering on the property.

The bed was decent. Staff were pleasant.

The breakfast was amazing!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing!!!! Staff was very polite and professional I recommend this place to everyone and when I come to Sacramento this is where I will be staying. Thank you sooooo much

Ok price for a one night stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Nice bed, poor lighting ( which is common in my experience), no ice bucket which housekeeping brought pretty quickly but the when I went up two floors to the ice machine it didn’t work. Needs some upkeep. Overall a little rundown except the bed

The bed was comfy

I expected more and got less.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The night staff wasn’t very friendly, the area around the hotel at night seemed a bit sketchy, other guests everywhere outside smoking weed, the room temperature was hotter inside then outside, room and the hotel itself needs some major updating, mold around shower handle, rust around sprinkler head, the hotel employee guard standing outside the breakfast area making sure you didn’t leave the area with any food!

Free breakfast, free WiFi , the staff member working the desk when I checked out was really friendly

The rooms cleanliness was ok.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was too cold for my kids to really enjoy. I was not happy with the area of the hotel.

The rooms cleanliness was ok. The bed was comfortable. .

It was a good stay,close to UCDavis .
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Tool LITTLE TOILETRIES. Sad in house happy hour(just popcorn as a snack ) and only if you purchase a drink. Breakfast was just ok.

I had a good stay. Mcdonalds and Dennys within walking distance and there was a good Mexican food truck there for the weekend. My room was clean and spacious. I did not hear other guest through walls. The fitness center was well kept stocked with towels ,wipes and water.

My stay was peaceful once I cleaned the room
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I rented two rooms one was filthy I found two pills on the floor the sink and cabinets was dirty the floor had garbage on it so I cleaned myself

I really liked the The staff well Angie anyhow she was very helpful, friendly, informative, and understanding the rooms were very spacious and the location was great close to restaurants, downtown, and Old Sacramento.

Breakfast is great.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The lack of brains by one person at desk. And the fact that staff did nothing to stop my neibors noise at 2am. Also it would be good to fix outter doir on building E..not sucure when broken

Breakfast is great..the best part of the hotel

Stinky
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was updated and the beds when clean. The staff was nice and the breakfast was okay.

The building we where in smelled strongly of marijuana and our rooms smelled moldy. We kept seeing small bugs that look like they could be bed bugs. There where no towels at the pool at 9am and there where dirty poll towels all around the pool area. There where also a number of questionable people lingering around the property and we been caught someone peeking I'm out window.

There were ants in the room and cob webs in corners on...
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

There were ants in the room and cob webs in corners on ceiling. Description said it had a restaurant, there is none. Looked mothing like on-line picture.

Our stay was fine. We got what we paid for as broke college students.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Although the room was overall clean the bathroom had mold on the ceiling and I had dropped something under the sink and it was very dusty and dirty under there.

The breakfast buffet was great and the staff was nice. There was lemon water in the lobby which was great for me to keep filling up. The location wasn’t horrible it was quiet but still felt a little unsafe although nothing major happened while we were there. The price was perfect for what we got. You get what you pay for basically.

Enjoyed my stay. Great value & comfort for the money. I will be back. Thank you.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The people above me were moving around alot very late into the nite. The floors creaked loudly under their movement.

Overall the hotel was clean & welcoming. I liked the fireplace in the common area. It was nice. The room was more than i expected. It was clean & comfortable. The kitchenette was a surprise. Very spacious room for the money. Great value!!

The room was safe and secure. The area is a little sketchy.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was like sleeping on a rock. The curtains were falling down. Way too much light entered the room from the hallway at night.

The kitchenette was nice and useful.

I can say only breakfast!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Many things first it was unpleasant stay moved me room once I dog was barking all night second room was dirty no AC working the sofa bed had no extra blankets !! This hotel need upgrade big time and it need to be cleaned better and I has to check for beg bugs I was so scared I might have some .. Coffee machine couldn’t even brew so Disappointing!!!

I can say only breakfast!!

Wish it had been better.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

This was my second stay in a month. I thought I would give them a second chance. My last visit found a dirty refrigerator, a vanity mirror with molding falling off, and the tile surrounding the tub moldy. They can’t seem to meet my expectations. This visit found a broken tile in the bathroom, hair in bath mat in the tub, and a light bulb missing in a lamp. I had asked to be placed in the main building and was told no room was available. That request was made at the time of the reservation was made. Instead I was placed in a building away from the main one. I also was less than happy to be placed in a room next to the entrance door of the building. I was treated all night with sounds of people coming in and the door banging. This made for a restful night - I had a 4:30 shuttle to the airport.

Size of the room. It was spacious with a couch, and dining table included.

Very convenient location.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Kitchen wasn't stocked well, ants in the kitchen, no TV in the bedroom, carpet was dirty, sofa uncomfortable, no extra pillows or blankets, slow response from staff.

Very convenient location.

Efficient and cheery hotel fine for business trip not sure I would bring my family.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Confusion over missing booking on arrival having been travelling for 24 hours. Disposable polestryene plates, cups etc at breakfast

The staff were cheery and helpful. The hotel had a large range of facilities.

Don't want to stay here again!!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Check out time is at 12noon and house keepers came into our room at around 09:50am after knocking just once and coming in our room which me and my husband were in. There was also ants in the bathroom be hair in the bathtub, so I had to clean it before I could even take a shower!After that I don't know if I'd ever want to stay here again. Very unprofessional. And we had stayed here about a month before this visit and the room was dirty.

Horrible
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Room had no tv control,iron or board. Ice makers were broken and keys kept expiring on me. Floors in room had Sheetrock on them. No ice buckets etc Staff made numerous trip to my room

Stay away from this place
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The shower head was broken in our room our keys stopped working 2 different times and had to be changed an extra $106.87 was charged for security and won't be returned for 2 to 7 days. Very unhappy with the stay altogether.

Not one thing about that stay

I can’t believe they have the audacity to charge what they do when the rooms are well below standard
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Property did not have any Wi-Fi .buildings not well labeled so it took forever to find the room. Doors are so old you have to jimmy the key in the door to get in. Phone in the room did not work . Mold in the shower , final straw was actually seeing bed bugs on the pillow . I checked out at 1am and went to embassy suites. This property is a disgrace to Wyndham. It has gone down hill dramatically over the years.

There is a Denny’s across the street. It’s near the freeway .

I would rate it about a 6 out of 10 overall. Not 7.9 the survey says.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Shower water adjustment was very tricky. And pulsed hot and cold during time of high water usage. Exterior was in need of cleaning and some maintenance issues. Breakfast was pretty typical. Powdered eggs and sausage patties very bland. Choose the cereal. Good variety of items though. Coffee was ok. Probably cheap brand though.

Staff was great. Room and daily service was fine. Wifi was down for three days due to theft of equipment. It was good when back up. Night security is good with the gates in pllace.

The staff was amazing especially the staff for the breakfast...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was amazing especially the staff for the breakfast area one particular staff member named Sonny was fantastic every morning greeted us with a wonderful smile.

Would have booked again, but no vacancy in my price range
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Far too many homeless people in the neighborhood, but did nlt have a problem inside the property.

Quiet, and had an amazing breakfast when I got off of work.

Definitively Only OK
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was quite old and had that musty smell of lingering cigarette smoke from the days of yore. Everything just felt quite little old and musty, the guest rooms are in need of refurbishment and renovation. The worst part was the dichotomy of the lobby versus the room, this hotel does not match itself. In addition, the amenities, such as toothbrush, toothpaste, are only available for pay via a vending machine in the lobby. While I did not need these items this time, it is rare when it is not complimentary.

The complimentary continental breakfast was standard, you know with the waffle iron, some eggs, and assorted bread products. The sitting area for breakfast was quite spacious, so that is nice too. The exterior facilities and the lobby are pretty and new as well.

The floor was stained.
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The floor was stained. There was pee on the toilet seat, it appeared that the room was not cleaned. The bed had huge divots in it from where people sleep.

I needed a place to rest and I was very comfortable here.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Most of the channels on the TV were shopping channels or pay per view and the batteries in the remote were low.

The room was very large, the bed was very comfortable and yhe breakfast was good. I was leary of the location because it had alot of homeless people in the area, however it was fine and very quiet.

Overall a decent and affordable and convenient place to stay
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

My wife likes to sleep in. I’ve never had a hotel not allow me to take a plate of food from the breakfast area back to my room before EVER, until my stay st the Hawthorne. This was the only thing that kept you from being perfect. I had to walk to MacDonalds and buy her a breakfast sandwich and coffe to take to her. It isn’t the cost of the food that bothered me. Your prices and amenities made up for it, but part of the joy traveling for my wife is the traditional breakfast I bring her to her bedside. I’m an early riser so I always go eat early and bring something back to the room for her and wave the coffee under her nose. It’s our little ritual. Seems petty to not allow this. Like I said, if that had not occurred, you’d have gotten a perfect score

Big pillows. Comfortable bed. Nice TV.

The shelter is cleaner
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room was very outdated and filthy. The A/C heater wall unit vents was full of mold. Hotel is close to old town and downtown but wouldn’t recommend this place to friends and family. This place is a Wyndham property. You would expect better things.

We had problems at first but Management worked hard to correct
    • Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Paula was very kind as I got sick and there was a sudden death the day I came. Quiet very quiet!! Paula is managing the hotel very well Stay here .We will Come again. We Will

I loved the place will go there every time I'm in town. The staff was also very courteous.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

I really enjoyed everything.

I loved this property. I went there a few weeks ago with my dad and my niece. I plan to return there again with my husband for our vacation next week. Oh I have to say the breakfast was amazing.

Browse Hawthorn Suites Sacramento traveller photo gallery