Reviews of Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Orlando International Drive 3 stars

7975 Canada Avenue, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#324 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The maintenance needs to stay on top of what should be normal schedule items. The fire alarm was beeping in our room at check in and since it was after hours we had to be crammed into a smaller room where the door kept hitting the couch. When we finally got our original room back and it rained, the rain came in under the front door. The maid would not come in to take out trash and change towels when we asked. I don’t if it was because we were still inside, but it was what we asked for. The breakfast line is cramped and disorderly. We requested a late checkout both online and at check in. First the female maid knocked and I explained, then a male came to the door and we explained, then the front desk called the room only to confirm what she was looking at on the paper when she looked up our check in notes. It was only one hour.

The staff at the desk is very courteous and polite. The facility was clean for the most part. The room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. The distance from Universal Studios was minimal and there were many other amenities close by.

• Deluxe Suite

the staff in the breakfast area could not speak any English to answer my questions of where something was. the room had broken a/c when we arrived. The room seemed very old yet upgraded half way, like things were messed up and a little paint thrown over it. it did not have a clean smell the carpets seemed very dirty. parking was very cramped. seems very costly for the type of rooming you get.

the checkin was friendly food was good prompt attention to the broken a/c

• Deluxe Suite

There was a sticky spot on the carpet right in front of the fridge that you had to walk around. Going barefoot was not an option. The TV upstairs only got a few channels, it was not working properly. These were mentioned to the front desk the next morning but nothing seems to have been done. During the course of out four night stay we discovered other issues with the room and brought them to the attention of the front desk when we checked out. Had we noticed all these the first night they said they would have moved us and evaluated the room’s use.

It was very close to Universal Studios. If we were traveling with more people, the room would have been great for sleeping many people. Having a full kitchen with dishes and appliances provided all the conveniences of being at home.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

we were the first floor & our top neighbors were being loud & noisy. banging on their floor. maybe let guests know if they stay on top to be mindful of the people in the room below ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

everything about the room was homey. the bed was super comfortable & the kitchen was helpful.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The fact the room was infested with roaches. You don’t see them in the day but when you turn the lights out there all on the wall by the refrigerator and in the bathroom !

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The ice machine in fridge was noisey and there was a leak in the kitchen underneath the sink.also i got charged for 2 rooms instead of one.miscommunication.

Staff and convenient location

• Queen Suite Accessible

Not enough room in the breakfast buffet to sit and eat. We had to eat in our room. Also the shower curtain wouldn't close properly.

It was quiet and comfortable. The room was spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and courteous.

• Deluxe Suite

Unfortunately some of the linens in the closet for the sofa bed were not clean and there was hair on the blanket. Also we would have liked grits on the breakfast buffet.

Traveled with my 4 grandchildren and the room was very spacious. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Having the breakfast buffet was an added bonus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Nothing at all we had a lot of fun at the park and the we got the rest we need.

The stay was great me and my family loved it wish I could stay but we had a boat to catch the next day but we loved it

• Deluxe Suite

It would have been nice to have a little more variety with the fruit. Also, the coffee was kind of bitter!

The rooms were nice. They were clean and we had room to spread out! We used the kitchen a little...It was a nice bonus. If we come again and stay for a longer period of time, we'll probably do a little cooking!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

When i made my reservations i requested for my family and myself to be adjacent to each other that was not honored. I also requested a second floor room my request was not grunted. The front desk staff did nothing to accommodate me. I was disappointed.

I like the kitchen because it was very equipped so i could cook for my family.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a REALLY heavy smell of carpet cleaner that made it difficult to breathe. It took soneone 30 minutes to come fix the cable that didn’t work. Also there was kind of a spring breaker fraternity house vibe going on. Loud music and people socializing from room to room- not terrible but noticeable.

It had all the things I needed.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I called the front desk about my television not work and nobody came to fix the tv. I missed the nba playoffs my sons were totally upset.

The gym and breakfast

• Deluxe Suite

Small pull out sofa bathrooms a bit worn down

I love the proximity to the theme parks and the easy check in process. Great teamwork in the front office.

• Deluxe Suite

The layout of the breakfast line was a little challenging. If someone wanted cereal, they had to go down the line to get a bowl and then move backwards to get the cereal and the milk.

The spaciousness of room was a surprise. The boys were happy to have a room to their selves. I do want to report that the couch had a rip in the cushion, but other than that, we were really satisfied.

• Deluxe Suite

They suppose to hold 25.00 of my money and they held 258.00 of my money and we stayed in a penthouse ..there wasn't no tv in the down stairs room ...really. Suck

The area

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room setup. I stayed at hilton, Homewood suites, Staybridge, Hyatt House and many more brands I am comparing your hotel to th these hotels because they are set up for families on vacation. Well your hotel is poor compare to them. The dinning room was small and over crowded and the breakfast was very poor. The house keeping service was poor. We stayed three nights and the room was never swept there was sand on the bed. We asked that the bed be made to remove the sand the maid just came in and pulled the top sheets on top of the sandy bed we knew this because our son left his sock on the bed and it was still there when we came back. I had to make the bed on the last two nights of our stay. There were no utensils for cooking when we got them they were of poor quality.The tv was not working when we first got there.The room setup not good. I made the reservation for a queen suite with sofa bed I thought the room would be private from the general area but the setup was like a studio that didn't make me happy.

Customer service at the front desk great they allowed us to check in early!The air conditioning worked very well. The bed was comfortable and we had enough wash cloth and towel. I liked that there was actual stove. The apartment style idea is great for families

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The common areas at the hotel could have been cleaner. (Breakfast area, pool and deck). While sitting at the pool all 3 days, there was an over whelming smell of propane assuming it was the heating system for the pool and hot tub. It was disturbing. The bathroom in our unit was in need of updating.

The front desk person named Kelly was exceptional. She helped work out a reservation issue. She was very helpful and kind the whole time we were there. The location was very convenient to the activities we were interested in. The apartment like rooms are a great option for families.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms are out dated. Painted to look new. Pop corn on roof of bathroom falling. Bathroom sink had noticeable water damage. Toilet and bath tub stained. Bug on bed. Parking was limited.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Front desk girl acted like I was an annoyance and then spoke Spanish to another person in front of me - unsure if it was about me or not - just plain rude

Quiet and cozy - breakfast was okay

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

the bed was comfy. sadly we didnt stay long cos we checked in late and we checked out early morning and didnt get to have proper breakfast cos our flight was early in the morning. but was happy with the nice room.

Eggs were not good.

Breakfast was a wide assortment. Pool and hot tub options nice but the free shuttle to parks made this a great choice. I could see families staying here and saving money by cooking in the suites with the full kitchen.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Direct TV.. it blinks out alot but after a few hours I had no problem

The room was like a super comfy studio apt. The kitchen was super cute and they supplied cookware,glasses and plates etc.the beds we're soooo soft

• Deluxe Suite

The only negative is people parking without a permit (staying in someone else’s room) and taking up spaces from the paying guest. If I pay $700 I expect a parking space!

Everything was great... We stayed in the deluxe suite and it was HUGE! King size bed upstairs with a bathroom.. bedroom downstairs with two queen beds and a bathroom. There were 5 of us and we had more than enough room! Staff was friendly and accommodating. They even loaned us more pots and pans so we could cook a full meal in our suite! The location is spectacular (when your leaving Hawthorn Suites, make a right on to Canada Drive to avoid fighting traffic to get out.. don’t worry Siri will re route when she’s done having a panic attack.... it will get you to International Drive and the Parks a lot quicker) Can’t wait to come back!!!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I asked for a suite with a queen bed and I got a full and there is a difference. Also the cleaning staff does not speak English I asked for extra towels, she said ok and never came back.

The location is great very close to everything. It also was clean.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

No real interest of upkeeping the property by the owners or management. Many little issues in the room, like stains on couch and armchair, damaged office desk, missing granite counter piece in the bath, poor work on ceiling repair in the bath, dirty non-slip tub sticker, stained toilet bowl, missing screw on the lamp, no USB plugs... and I heard every step the upstairs neighbor made up to 12AM.

Location and room setup.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The sofa was torn, stained and dirty while the carpet/floor was filthy. Room needed a complete update.

Staff was courteous and helpful and the location was good.

• Deluxe Suite

The phones didn’t work in the room and the WiFi connection was horrible. I had no signal on the entire property. I had to go off property just to go on the Internet me look up stuff on my gps. The Carpenter bees were really bad too.

It was really nice and clean! Close to everything that we were going.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The bathroom tub was not clean and the vent in the bathroom was very noisy. We had to use the restroom with the lights off.

The staff was great and property was well maintained

• Deluxe Suite

make your own waffles!!! fantastic breakfast, social hours on Friday was fun! friendly staff.. we got everything we needed anytime we asked... love this hotel! very pet friendly also

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The check in process was a little chaotic, but the lady was nice. The rooms are decent but when you get down to the details it is underwhelming. The base of all the cabinetry was warped and not connected to the actual cabinets. I took a shower and stepped out to a flood, there were stains on the bottom of the tub and mold stains around the tub, the tv is small and the connection is spotty. The wifi did not work at all, we tried on multiple devices and in multiple locations but could not connect to internet. They are remodeling so there were work trucks, trailers, equipment and storage bins in all of the parking near our unit. The bathrooms in the lobby are locked at all times, for no reason.

The breakfast was surprisingly good, a lot of options. There are decent areas around to walk the dogs, but hard to get to some. Rooms are decent but have a lot of small issues

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Needs more variety for breakfast. We had it once and didn't waste time the other 2 days. Was not good at all.

Location. Was pretty close to everything

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Staff cleanliness room needed upgrade. And why do you just add a microwave to counter instead of fixing the one that was installed??????! Then the housekeeping. What housekeeping

Location but traffic was awful

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Suite with Two Double Beds - Sofa Bed

Booked two rooms and were given rooms 427 and 517. Room 517 had cracked counters in the kitchen area carpet and room smelled very foul. Cracked counter presented a safety hazard for young grandchild so moved them to room 427. Rm 427 was clean except for mold in the bathroom around the tub and in the faucet. Upon complaint was told hotel was booked, so we were stuck with the assigned rooms. Staff acted as though I was inconveniencing them with complaint and was told that no refund would be given since I had already checked in for reservation. Could not find a decent replacement room at another hotel for less than $600.00 after already spending $400+ for these rooms. Not the quality one would expect for a Wyndham hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Loft - Sofa Bed

The closet door in the loft was broken, my fiance tried to fix it but to no avail. One of the beds downstairs, the frame fell off when we sat on it, again tried to fix it but it didn't work. My fiance was disappointed that the only channel he wanted to watch, channel 3 football, was not available. The hotel is nice just needs upgrades, looks rundown, I've stayed at other locations and they were upgraded with no issues. But I would definitely stay again!

The beds were comfortable, clean sheets and towels. Our room was very cozy. And clean.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Property is dated. Only had 4 channels on TV out of 41. Told staff twice. Nothing was done. Was leaving house keeping $5 per day tip. House keeper left a note indicating it wasn't enough! Left the same tip next day and she didn't clean our room. We went two more days without our room being cleaned. Didn't report it out of fear of retaliation if she was discipline. We just wanted out of there. We're never going back to that place!

Proximity to International Drive.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite with Loft - Sofa Bed

There was a full kitchen but no pots and pans to cook in.

Loved the feel of being in a 'home' instead of hotel room. The staff was super friendly and the breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Your getting a good value for the money. The staff is very helpful and friendly stayed here a couple times now. But you get what you pay for. It's not a high end hotel or resort it's comfortable and clean with friendly and helpful staff.

Great location of your visiting universal with lots to Do within a close distance. Staff is super nice every time we have stayed. Stayed here once before and when going back you get a good deal and a comfortable convenient place to stay with a hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

That there is no shuttle to the parks every hour like Nashville....

Bed was real relaxing showers where clean...housekeeper made sure we got our towels we had request she was real nice all I remember was her number was 7 on her cart we really liked her

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Only issue was the shower, was not working properly and being in the green wagon. There was too much water wasted. This is mainly just for management if they read the review.

Close to Universal, water park, all the amenities from international drive. Suite was spacious and with all the commodities to cook if needed.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Studio Suite with Two Double Beds - Sofa Bed

The breakfast had no Orange juice or any can of juice, but soda for breakfast. The breakfast wasn't good.

The location, consumer service, the room was clean

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The only reason we wouldn't stay again would be the lack of cell service. My phone wouldn't connect to the WiFi so we were in a dead zone for our stay.

One of the most comfy beds we've had in Orlando and we stay quite often. Nice enough staff, nice rooms with an apartment like layout, so parking was right up to your front door.

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Clean and spacious, with complete kitchen , comfortable beds , with extra sofa bed. Breakfast is great. Good value for the money!

Nothing to nog like.

Location, quietness, convenience, parking outside room, size of room, facilities.

• Deluxe Suite

Good ubication and very polite the staff

• Suite with Two Double Beds

Apartment like accommodation perfect for an extended stay with the family and pets

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was perfect. Very spacious. Nice to have your own kitchen. 3 tv's. Great value

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

It was really clean ppl were really nice breakfast was great. Great price

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Location,the clerk Richard was very helpful, amazing...the rooms was very spacious ...excellent, kichen

Check-in.

Clean

• Suite with Two Double Beds

It was no way near as nice as the pics on the Internet!! Very old, couch had a big stain on it.

Great location!!

Yt?

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Perfect located to do some night city sightseeing, the room are small apartments perfect for more than a 3 days stay

• Queen Suite Accessible

TV had very limited channels

Loved the pillows!!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I liked Everything about this property...

Everything...

Twin beds

Would have preferred twin beds but was not offered this alternative.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The price charged for the accommodation was exorbitant. They should have paid us to stay there

It was the dirtiest place I’ve ever stayed in

A little outdated

Location and comfort.

• Deluxe Suite

Rooms where not very clean. Couch was disgusting

Great Location

I did have any problems

It was a kids friendly resort

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

breakfast in the morning was too busy and in small room so we went to Perkins

I loved the hotel. Unique hotel with privacy

• Deluxe Suite

The pool area wasnt kid friendly...it was boring on the property..

It wasn't far from the attraction..

Room had an oder

The area was great for sea world

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Door was not secure Trouble with key

Parking Not enough parking spaces

Good location Good rate Spacious

Location and price

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The shuttle service to Universal studios

• Suite with Two Double Beds

The room was run down, needs fixing, bathroom shower had broken handle, clogged, broken towel holders, needs a lot of TLC

Had good air conditioning

Breakfast could be better

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The property was located in the beautiful center of everything. I enjoyed this hotel it's my second time there I would do it again.