Reviews of Heritage Hotel and Conference Center, Best Western Premier Collection 3 stars

522 Heritage Road, Southbury, CT 06488, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Southbury

The guy running the bar/ restaurant area wasnt very nice but it was a stressful time soo i chalked it up to that

We were there the day after the tornado hit so they had no food to serve but the hotel was very nice, very clean.. staff was friendly for the most part.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I stayed for 5 days. My room was never vacuumed!!! It just felt gross. So they do the bare minimum to make it ‘look’ clean but it really isn’t. Hair still on the bathroom floor after they ‘clean’ it. Crumbs still on carpet for days.. I HAD TO ASK FOR MY SHEETS TO BE CHANGED after three nights!!! In every other hotel I’ve stayed this was always done for me nightly. Also, my room wasn’t even cleaned for 48 hours after I arrived!!! So I was so angry. AND WATCH YOUR BILL FOR SNEAKY charges. Upon check out they added a $5 a day ‘resort fee’ I was unaware of. Everywhere I have ever been does not do this. If a property has a pool, fitness center, then that’s what they have. I did not use any of it. I did not know I would staying as long as I did and didn’t even pack swim or workout gear. I said ‘ these fees were never told to me and I never used these facilities”. He said he would credit back my card the $5 per day. Weeks later he never did so I’m calling Chase Bank Fraud to reverse the $5 dollar fee. When I said I was unhappy my room was not cleaned for two days after arriving and then never once vacuumed, he scoffed at me! No, I’m sorry. Nothing. Simply rude. Room service I ordered one night becaue of a storm we could not go out. Inedible. My blue cheese salad with apple and nuts came WITH NO BLUE CHEESE. The dressing was so thick and disgusting looking I just never touched it. One of the plates was dirty, with hardened food. I was just so angry. $55 for a salad, app, and cheese quesadilla and a juice. I just can’t believe this experience. I’ve stayed in many many hotels. Usually nicer so maybe my expectations were too high, but dirty, and to literally have to ask for them to change my sheets? Is this a super 8? I was horrified and telling all my friends in the area NEVER to send relative there.

Liked the ability to simply take my young daughter to breakfast on the property, where there was a large variety for her to choose from. But I had just coffee (!!) and she had one pancake and an orange juice and chocolate milk, and they charged us both full price, about $9 for her, and $15 for me. A nice place would NOT have charged me $15 for coffee and simply charged me for my child. I still tipped. It became too pricey and we only went twice in 5 days.

I didnt like that the rooms do not come accessed with a fridge and microwave. That is very inconvenient and that our first room smelled og cigarettes

I liked that the staff switched our room from a construction site to a more comfortable setting.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smell in lobby - plastic on the carpets in hallway - shower curtain was not put on correctly to keep water in shower - went all over floor - beds sunk not comfortable Thermostat on wall but had to figure out to push button in unit

Front desk staff very accommodating

They need to upgrade appliances. Such as usb capability

Excalent place to have a wedding. The hall needs to work on service all people st a table at one time.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noise. Every footstep, people in the hall, closed door, and even on the top floor, wedding reception kept us awake. And the dog barking in the room next to us. Paper thin walls.

Clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Needs major renovation in upkeep and decor. Staff didn't engage with information ; did t even ask if we needed help with luggage!

Everything was run down and tired! Smelled musty. But for one night it was ok.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

General manager was absolutely ATROCIOUS and extremely RUDE and unhelpful. Can't believe I spent so much to stay at this hotel and had a horrible experience.

Beautiful scenery surrounding. Food is good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is USELESS! There must be a lot of turnover at this property. They also take a huge $$ deposit for incidentals even though we prepaid for our room and kept the hold on the money for a long time.

We had a lot of space in the property. Enjoyed the pool and aqua aerobics

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unless you've been there before/ hard to know where/how everything is connected. Esp. Resturant.

Cleanliness, spaciousness, front desk helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I read the reviews so when I checked in I asked if we had a refurbished room, she seemed to take offence and said all our rooms are refurbished, we got a room with a sliding door to the bathroom, you broke fingernails trying to move it, there is no laundry room, this is not helpful when on a 6 week road trip. Everything said about room layout bathroom layout and locals using the pool, they are so loud! Are all what we experienced.

Outside pool

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

The check-in and check- out staff were awefull. They do not man the desk. You have to chase them down. They billed a credit card when I specically told them that I was paying in cash.

The facilities were like a high-end country club. Top notch.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We has one breakfast in the dining room. Food was so-so, service a bit distracted or indifferent. The space is big and uninviting. I will not recommend it.

Good bed.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows were too big, rooms were outdated feeling, a mini fridge would have been nice, heat was very loud when it came on, and walls were thin you could hear other guests very easy.

Location was good hotel had nice common areas restaurant was good and spa was nice

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Being woken up at 3 am by yelling and screaming in the hallway. There was black ice outside and there did not appear to be any salt put down to melt it.

Accommodations were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms needed some updating, especially in the bathrooms. I had to fix the toilet so I would stop running a few times.

The atmosphere of the hotel was beautiful. There were many amenities and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Bathroom. Needed second sink and prefer walk in shower, no tub. My mother, 88, had a room with no grab bars in shower.

Location and proximity to our events, Funeral, Cemetery. Family gathering spaces in hotel/bar.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

One thing was drafty in the room and water took a long time to get hot in shower

Love the renovations, location, amenities and value. They thought of everything. Facility is great!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Two breakfast staff employees seemed unhappy to be there. One server was very friendly.

Comfortable facility includes fire places, game room for children, nice health club, indoor and outdoor pool, tavern and restaurant. Front desk and housekeeping were very friendly and professional.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No refrigerator nor microwave in the room. Not if that's typical of all rooms.

The bed was very comfortable. There were several areas where you can sit and read. Ping pong table and pool table was a plus.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Let me tell you , hilton , holiday inn riviera south beach ,and all the top ones got nothing compared to HERITAGE . staff was just great .extra clean all around , i loved the steam room and sauna and the cold shower 2 feet away , loved the pool with overhead wood structure and jacuzzi ,and the fruit water the pool lady makes , you will not see that in any other hotels . food was good , nice bar , pool table cool fire place . you don't have to go anywhere , just relax

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room in the renovated section was modern and nice but some of my friends rooms were older and had strange features such as a sliding door to the bathroom. The renovated rooms are better. Also, no refrigerator or minibar in the rooms.

Lovely location, great pool and hot tub. Nice onsite breakfast restaurant and pub.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ran out of hot water instantly while taking a shower. Noisy room near the "smoking" door.

The housekeeping staff woke us at 9am to clean, check out time was noon. Then they came back at 10:30! We asked for extra pillows, they never arrived.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

we had been sold the sunday brunch buffet..we arrived at 11am,..there was nothing left..water/juice/food/coffee/ etc..nothing left..i spoke w/ a young lady and she ignored me..then I spoke w/ the lady next to us, she mentioned she had asked for water for her and her 1 yr old daughter...also completely ignored. I love the hotel, the grounds, the bar folks ( you rock ryan and taylor!)..the food in the bar was excellent as was the services..the buffet was dismal...trashed..overrun...understocked. etc...we decided to go across the street to friendly's for breakfast...!!!

lobby and staff along w/ housekeeping are great..the bar and bar menu are amazing...the heritage buffet was absolutely terrible. understaffed, empty, rude employees..my self and several other customers are extremely disappointed

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a room close to the elevators which was very noisy. The room itself, like other parts of the hotel, was a little shabby. Breakfast is below average and not worth $15.

Great gym and pool/spa!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good location. Friendly staff. Property has lots of amenities, unfortunately we were only here for one night and did not have the opportunity to use very many. The Tavern is good for dinner. Very reasonable price and friendly and attentive staff. Good breakfast also available for a small extra charge.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel couldn't find our reservation and they claimed that they were completely booked. I did have booking.com reservation number; so they did find us a room but mainly based on pressure of our friend who wasn't going to stay there until we got a room. A few other things that could use corrections: the noise in the hallway loud after midnight, the one elevator was broken and was a problem since my husband was healing from broken leg, and signage directions to hotel could be improved.

nice grounds and view of pool from window and mostly quiet

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was NO assistance with my luggage cart. Since I am handicapped and use a cane, it was hard to maneuver the cart and use my cane. Also, the handicapped parking is way too far from the entrance. I had to "re-request" the refrigerator and microwave for the room. Last, the dining room is in a very inconvenient location. It was so far from my hotel room and on another floor. After walking what seemed like forever through winding halls and taking an elevator to lower floor, we arrived at the dining room. It was very nice, but so very far out of the way.

I loved the location of my room. I am handicapped and, although it was a very long walk to the room, and the hotel provided no assistance with my luggage, I had the first room on the first floor.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Wish that the bar offered food a bit longer, even if it was just appetizers for a late night snack.

The room was great, the bed was amazing. The bar was perfect for a few drinks before bed.

If they have recently upgraded the rooms they did it cheaply. Loud fans in bathroom and lots of loud slamming doors during the night. I expected it to be nicer for the price.

Clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Idyllic New England setting. Awesome gym facility. Wonderful outdoor pool with a grassy play area and both freshly prepared lunch foods and a full bar at the snack bar. Nice tavern on site with cozy, old-fashioned wood burning fireplace, pool table and helpful staff. Walking trails and a golf course. Close to antiquing area of CT, dairy farms and more. We had 40+ stay for a wedding in the area; it was a fantastic experience. Nearly all of the staff were friendly. Rooms clean.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

We had trouble with the swipe card working. The room next door couldn't get it to work and someone went to help them. It was 11:30 pm and it took 20 noisy minutes for them to get in.

Pool area was wonderful . Nice area with bar and 2 nice lifeguards..

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

I was disappointed that the tv didn't have C-Span channels which I watch Washington Journal every morning. That was a bummer! 😖

The quietness of the facility and I was near the elevator. I didn't hear any noise on the second floor. I also liked that the staff was able to meet my request for a walk-in shower that was handicap accessible.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was very stark, with very sparse furnishings. The bathroom is very small, with a standing shower and only a curtain in a very tight space. Only blinds on the windows, no curtains. It felt like a room you might have on a religious retreat that was purposely plain and no frills.

The pool facilities - indoor and out - were fantastic. The lobby areas were comfortable and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Our room was small. We did not have a refrigerator. We probably could have switched - never asked. Surprised they put us in such a small room, far from elevator and the place was not full! We would like to return and spend more time. Will definitely request a larger room!!

The setting is awesome. Beautiful facility with pool, restaurant, lounge,.... Close to golf! The staff are extremely friendly. We enjoyed our dinner with a great chef and wait staff. Food and drinks were reasonable. Casual dining.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No way to enjoy lovely setting such as benches along paths or little tables and chairs scattered about. Conversational groupings on patio spaces would be so pleasant. Limit smoking to exterior outdoor spaces such as by parking lots. No table service in bar on busy Thur or Fri evenings. Front desk staff very indifferent overall and unhelpful with regard to concern about our room. #167 felt as though the hotel had run out of items with which to furnish it. Window had no curtains, blinds were broken. No table/chair. No mirror in main room. No artwork. Found dried, dirty washcloth draped over shower rod on arrival.... Disgusting!

Lovely setting

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would be great if there would be bikes for rent, because the area is beautyful and I guess it would be a big plus if there would be a possibility to explore it.

Pool,gym and area is very nice and calm.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Bed uncomfortable. Uncomfortable foam pillows. Sheets cheap. Bathroom smelled like urine. Other loud parties near us kept us up til 3:30 am The staff did reduce our price for the room since we were not happy "there were a lot of weddings last night" appreciated that

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Yucky gum or questionable substance in lampshade, dirty carpet ( wine?) hairs in bathroom

Joining rooms with adult children, nice town/location. Front desk was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff seemed very confused and did not understand today's online booking procedures. We were almost charged twice for the same night. Also, people should be aware that the hotel caters to event-related guests. A large group of wedding revelers kept going until 2 am.

The location in beautiful Western Connecticut really suited us.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Coffee maker awful. I asked for one that worked better...and was told I would get one in my room. However, I never did...and I need coffee first thing in the AM!!

Bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the housekeeping staff woke us up very early every morning with loud voices in the hall that went on for a long time, never experienced that in a hotel before, not good. We had to shout out to them "keep it down, people are sleeping"

Loved the pools, room, bar staff

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

The front desk staff was horrible. The a/c in our room stopped working at 3am. No one followed up with us until the next day at 3pm to see what happened. Our room was never cleaned until we called housekeeping and complained.

The restaurant staff was extremely friendly and very nice. Colin the bartender was exceptional!

Eating facilities bit odd

Welcoming

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpets need updating which leads to cleanliness rating, bathroom was tight.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bed was hard.

Lobby, pool, gym, and grounds were excellent.

Staff helped me find a lost item.

They have a charging station for my car. A must have for me when selecting a hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Top quality, amazing pool and gym-fit centrum.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom looked updated, except the shower, which was moldy.

Pools and exercise room were clean; staff was friendly and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The indoor pool was being fix and they did not provide that information

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Should consider queen beds. Beds were small doubles.

Beautiful grounds, 2 pools ( in and put). Tennis courts and golf course access.

Restaurant

Pool and golf

Too remote for NYC non-driver

Helpful staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff were not always helpful

Lovely surroundings

Excelente

Wifi. It sucks.

Rooms, Amenities, Staff and environment all was good. Value for money. Very cooperative staff.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The staff, and bathroom.

The work out facility.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

coffee on main floor

the breakfast was the bomb!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just a fabulous property! I'll be back!

Nothing that I didn't like

Bed was very comfortable. Staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Bathroom needed updating

Pool and exerciise room were great

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

The front desk staff were very friendly. The hotel is conveniently located to several stores, pharmacy, restaurants and the I-84.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Everything overall

Great wedding

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Perfect location, I stayed while waiting for my new house to close and get some grading done. Suited all of my needs.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Room was not sound proof. We could hear every door closing and every conversation from people in hall.

Comfy bed. Nice property.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Bathroom had sliding door Noisy

Pleasant and helpful front desk staff Food available on premises Close to family Big TV in room Comfy bed

everything was beautiful I like everything

Everyday the atmosphere the restaurant the rooms

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Beautiful facility.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very comfortable room. Friendly staff. Loved the games throughout the resort. The pool and hot tub was very nice. Great pool temperature!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

No frigerator

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Very clean. Comfy bed. The food at the conference I attended was excellent.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms have an old smell to them.

The place is in a nice location. Very pretty.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Pool closed at 9:30!

Beautiful grounds, nice hotel, great value.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Beautiful pool area, nice pub.