Reviews of Crowne Plaza Stamford 4 stars

2701 Summer Street, Stamford, CT 06905, USA

#7 of 15 hotels in Stamford

Stay away from this place.
    • King Room - Hearing Access with Roll-In Shower/Non-Smoking

Hotel is old, dark and run down. The room had some strange odor. The shower has no enclosure, so the water speels all over the bathroom floor and since there is no drainage, it stays there. At the check in desk there were a dead flowers. Parking at the hotel is additional $10.00 a day and it’s dark with the deep holes in the pavement.

A little thoughtfulness would go a long way
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived at 11pm. My address is the other side of the world. I have 2 bags, three is noone to help with bags. That's all fine, but they pt me in a room on the other side of the facility, so I have to walk for ages. not happy.

It's a great looking facility. love the layout and the atrium.

Very very nice
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Ice machine too far from room asked for a room with a nice view and got a view of the parking lot..somebody there got a real sense of humor

Love the atrium view..bed was comfortable

Decent, clean and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Charged me 10 dollars for parking which is BS, (am I supposed to walk to the hotel)? Additionally, no complimentary bottle of water in room for morning coffee (tap water tasted rusty).

Complimentary breakfast, very comfortable beds, clean room.

More effort could be made to improve one's stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hallway gave one the impression that you are in a tunnel. One can hear every little noise made in the hallway or other rooms. The tv did not work for hours. Front desk took a long time to answer calls.

Beautiful and comfortable hotel. Concierge is not very attentive though
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

I requested toothpaste and no one brought me any. Bathtub plug was a little old so it drained slowly while I soaked

Love the spa themed toiletries and gift on the bed of spa stuff. Loved having a bathtub and lots of space and a sofa. Very comfortable; I use this hotel whenever I come to Stamford for business because it’s so relaxing

Couldn’t get in contact with front desk for entire night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Couldn’t get in contact with front desk for entire night. At the restaurant took an hour for food to get there. Was called abhsive by staff when they tried to charge me 400 for one night

Fine for a one night stay. Would not consider staying there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was rude and racially profiled us. There was only one elevator and our room was about 1 8 minute walk away from the elevator. Room wasn't very clean.

It was close to the main street in stamford.

The parking was not very convenient.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The parking was not very convenient. Had to come back to the front desk to get a ticket. At check-in I wasn't given a ticket and my breakfast vouchers. Just a little frustrating since I was on the road since 6 Am and didn't check in until 7 pm. Long Day

Quiet, great location in city and clean
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Heat on for 6 hours still cold even when checking out it was freezing. Shower poor design bathroom floor soaked even after adjustment Parking doesn't work no point in paying $10. Priced paid on one room card??

Quiet, great location in city and clean

I would go again
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

One of the most comfortable King beds ever--anywhere! One of the best full breakfasts ever and only $7 more per night, not per person. Superb hamburger for dinner one night. Really good coffee, except in the room. Quiet room--actually quiet everywhere in the hotel. Terrific service and responsiveness to minor problems in the room with phone, TV remote, and blackout curtain Had trouble with exiting the parking lot first time, because my ticket had not been properly activated by the first front-desk attendant. Quickly solved by another staff member who only charged us for one day even tho' we stayed two nights.

Large room
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Bars and restaurants closed early so when I have arrived 11pm from a long drive I couldn’t get a drink or any food at the hotel as it was all closed. As this all town close early and don’t have to many place to dine, needed to walk fo a while in a subzero temperatures to find an open diner

Large room Comfortable bed Nice bathroom

pretty dissapointing
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Left card out for breakfast.Breakfast was never delivered. When I left room noticed all breakfast cards still on doors from night before. So I went to a diner down the street. If you can not do that I will not eat there. Also I will not book at this property again which is too bad because it is a good location. This is why I spend 60+ days per year at Marriot properties. At least the service is consistent.

Not much

Cheap Hotel, don't go
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Even though The Hotel was almost empty, they gave me a room at the top floor, with parking view, and far far away from the Elevator. Who would do that?? Also, was charged $10/night for parking. Not only that, also, did not have a breakfast buffet as expected, and was told it would be a waste to have the buffet in such a slow day, and it's better if I order from the menu. Every time I order something, the waitress will tell me it's a big portion, maybe you can share it with your partner, felt like I was at her home, or that she was paying from her own pocket. even when I ordered a fruit bowl, she asked me if I wanted to share it with my partner. Lastly she said you will have a Turkey dinner, It might be a good idea to save some for your dinner and not eat too much in breakfast. How rude is that???? Definitely not going there again.

Free Wifi

The staff was rude and unprofessional.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The not so friendly hospitality

The staff was rude and unprofessional. They tried kicking me out on check out day at 10:30am. When I asked for a late checkout they asked me to leave immediately.

Overrated, over promised and under delivered.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I arrived the first room I was checked into had the A/C running full blast and the temperature in the room was 59 degrees (in November when it was in the 30’s outside). I called down and the night clerk was very nice and happy to transfer me. I went down to the desk and switched keys, back to the elevator and back up and into the new room. The same thing was happening in this rooom.....A/C full blast and 55 degrees!!!! I called down again. He was very apologetic and said he’d switch me again.......this time he said he’d meet me. So we met at the third room (it was a suite this time), and we opened the door and again, full A/C and 59 degrees. We turned it to heat and raised it to 70. One unit had almost no air coming out at all and the other was very slightly warm. It was 1:00 in the morning and I was exhausted. I said I would stay in that room. By the time I got changed and ready for bed, the temperature had only increased one degree from 59-60. I went to turn on the TV.....nothing. I thought something was wrong with the remote. But I finally figured out that neither the power nor the cable for the TV were plugged in. So I had to get up, move the whole credenza, plug in the TV and attach the cable to the cable outlet and then get back in bed. When I woke up in the AM, it was 70 degrees so it had warmed up. It makes no sense to have A/C running fulll blast in a 400 plus room hotel. The costs would be excruciating and a waste so it’s no good for ownership. And when arriving, especially at a hotel ranked as 4/5 stars, the guest should be able to walk into their room and be reasonably comfortable right away. In addition, this facility is a bit banged up to be rated as highly as it is.

Nothing specific

Fine for 1 night at the very discounted rate we paid. Not worth the regular rate. Didn’t feel 4 star
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is in a very large complex and felt very cavernous, empty and impersonal. You may have to walk a lot from the multilevel car park which is next to the hotel ( lift out of order during our stay )to the lobby, then to your room there is only one lift (elevator) and the floors are large. $10 parking fee.

Room was large, comfortable, clean and bright (our view of a big concrete car park was disappointing though). Bathroom was great with a nice walk in shower. Breakfast was fine.

Good value for money; breakfast could be improved.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing in the breakfast that I liked, maple syrup was fake Aunt Jemima, and nothing really healthy or vegetarian.

There were several option pillows, and they were comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Staff accommodated a change of room to one closer to elevator without problem.

Nothing at all.

Great customer service by employees, the entire hotel was very clean from the moment you walked in until you entered your room. The hotel seems very well ran and great pricing for a short leisure vacation.

Terrific value for the money
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

No one in Hotel cd adjust room alarm clock to daylight saving time, walk to elevator interminable (poor architecture), parking charge not up-front when booking

Enjoyed it
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Could offer a free cup of coffee in the morning....would not hurt your overhead and a massive PR move! Parking a bit of a hassle at times

Friendly and very helpful staff at front desk! Room very clean

will not stay there again and will not recommend it to anyone
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that there was no coffee pot in the room my phone didn't work and I asked where I can get a coffee pot and a toothbrush for my son and I was told they would bring one right up I called 4 times and they kept saying they bring one right up and never did

The price was good it was clean

Overall the stay was only one night and I was glad for this
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was nice and tried to accommodate my family with the issues I had. however the first room was never cleaned and I had to switch rooms. While the room was better the railing in the shower was falling off the wall the bathroom sink drain was broken and the hardwood floor was separating. Additionally, my son spilled water on the floor and when I wiped up with a towel the towel turned black because the floor was so dirty. Additionally the heat blowed cold air all night do it was hard to sleep. Also the pool was not available but this was never indicated at booking so my kids brought their bathing suits for no reason and were disappointed

It was disappointing at the beginning and frightening by the end.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff, when at the front desk, was rude and brusque. Upon leaving at 5:00 am in the morning there was no person at the desk when I went and a person was sitting there with his luggage. He told me he had already been waiting for 20 minutes to check in but had seen nobody at the hotel desk. I waited 10 minutes and then left. There was no staff around in the lobby or in the entire desk area. UNSAFE and UNAVAILABLE is neither good or helpful to a guest/customer.

The room was cleaned and bed comfortable.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The room was cleaned and bed comfortable.and breakfast was great and included witj my stay and that even made more fantastic!!!the server was very polite and helpful I gave her 10 for service and mannerism. I really enjoyed my stay.the onlything wad the walk to my room which was a little long but otherwise a great stay. I would it again

the bed was very comfortable and unlike most hotels they...
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

3rd floor lights on all the elevator buttons didn't work, WIFI died about the 2nd day there and I had e mails to send that never went out on time. Parking garage scanner didn't work and was told later to insert the ticket. WAAAYYYY too long to check in at the counter. They need to speed that up.

the bed was very comfortable and unlike most hotels they actually know how to tuck in the bottom sheet so it stays that way. Breakfast was very good and the hotel was convenient for my locations.

Bed and how clean
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The wedding and kids running around was horrible. Kids running in lobby banging doors in the hall. It went on all day and didn't end til near 10:00.

Bed and how clean

One of the most comfortable bed & pillows I have ever slept on.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV had a slight problem. Negative volume, and had to turn and reposition to get sound.

Did not get breakfast. parking in garage was convenient Bed was wonderful!!!!!:)

This was my first time staying here and I will certainly stay here again
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

I like the scenery the stuff the cleanest of the place the overall look

I love everything and every thing is so beautiful I would definitely recommend Crowne Plaza Hotel

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Very nice and good value for the money
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Location was fine for "just passing through", but the area was not the best for walking around. Also pay parking ($10 per day).

We just completed a 3 week road trip through New England. We stayed in motels (with an M) for the most part. Cheap, clean, and well located were the goals. This was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in. Inexpensive compared to the NE tourist areas we had been to. This hotel is clean, comfortable, and great breakfast.

Beautiful Hotel
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

When we stayed there was a fire alarm that went off, we had to exit the hotel. When we did, we weren't accommodated with anything as we were sleep when the alarms went off. Such as a later check out or anything.

I love the design of the hotel. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cynthia and Jen at the front desk were helpful and very knowledgeable from fax to toothbrush. Louis at the club was also very helpful and a great interpreter. Thanks to everyone.

There is a Hilton in Stamford that costs the same, but actually delivers comfort & service.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel has one set of elevators with rooms surrounding a vast, square atrium. If you happen to be in a room away from the elevators you are in for a very long and confusing walk. My room was spacious enough with a king bed, but the floors were laminate and were sticky to the touch. I had not brought house shoes so I wore my street shoes throughout my stay, leaving them by my bed so I would not have to walk to the bathroom barefoot. There is individual air conditioning control in each room. Mine was set at 66. on the digital panel I could only raise it to 72 and even that did not get the temperature reading above 68.

The lobby and cocktail lounge are very nice so it looks as if this quality may be extended throughout the hotel. Nothing could be further from the truth. I arrived at check-in time, 3 PM, and was told no rooms were ready so I should come back in an hour. I waited an hour before returning to the reception desk and was told rooms still were not ready. I finally got into a room at 5:23 PM.

Business Trip Happy Ending
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed that as a guest I had to pay for parking. I understand that parking is a premium commodity, but I think it should be included or at least reduced for hotel guest. There was free coffee in the lobby, but no free tea.

The hotel had a safe and clean feeling. The staff was friendly and the location is in a good location.

Convenient and comfortable

No hot breakfast.

The room was lovely, and the staff were friendly. I was happy to have access to transportation to the train station in the morning. The taxi to the hotel was very expensive.

Painful
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

1st my the door of the room they gave me was open when I went up and wouldn't close...they kept giving me keys to different rooms that never worked it happened I think 4 times and each time they were good walks to the room...very painful

the the girl at the counter was nice..and the room guy Martin was nice

The AC was not working for a good portion of the day when I...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The AC was not working for a good portion of the day when I checked in. Staff was unhelpful and unfriendly. I felt as if I was bother girl at front desk by asking simple questions about the area. I'll never stay again

Nice atmosphere pleasant staff .
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was very comfortable . Breakfast staff very friendly and helpful .Great overall experience . Restful stay after long drive .Would highly recommend.

Kitchen straff is awful, and food was disappointing for a small east menu.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I ate in the restaurant the first night at hotel. The kitchen staff were awful. Food preparation was the slowest I have ever experienced anywhere and it wasn't that busy. The burger came out moderate cold. Only lettuce was on burger, had to ask for the onion and tomato. Cheese was not melted. Fries were greasy and soggy. Wait staff was very nice and helpful, but could not make up for the crappy food and slow service. I will never eat there again.

Nice hotel!
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

during our stay some big crowd of people were staying with kids. I believe it was some kind of celebration. So for two nights my husband couldn't sleep. Our window faced the lobby where kids were screaming till 2 am. If the hotel has some kind of like this events then it has to be sounds prove windows or in advance notice and room with streets view. Sometimes front deck people were not at their work places.

Hotel is very nice! Looks very modern. Lobby is beautiful! We had a very nice room! Big bed. Glass shower. A Room was very clean and fresh. Cleanning room services are excellent! Dry cleaning services is very good. Very big parking on the ground floor. 5 min from the center by car. Next door if shopping center.

Good Location, Slept Well
    • Executive Suite - Non-Smoking

As many of the other reviews mentioned, there were indeed kids running all over the lobby (we stayed for the Jewish sabbath, but were visiting the local community, not attending a hotel event). The walls were indeed pretty thin, and the room was echoey. We were lucky to be on the "quiet floor," but could hear kids running in the halls toward the end of the afternoon. We don't tend to be overly picky about hotel room cleanliness when we travel, but did notice that the shower stall had streaks all over the tile wall—it looked like it hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a while…the room was otherwise spotless. We had left a note on booking.com (almost a week before our stay) about ideally needing a mechanical key instead of an electronic one since we were staying for the sabbath, but we were told once we arrived that the hotel did not receive our note, and that a mechanical key would cost us an extra $100. We had arrived about an hour before the sabbath and were not expecting the extra charge; there didn't seem to be enough time to arrange this even if we'd wanted to. We ended up finding a way around the situation, and the staff was extremely courteous and understanding…but we needed them to lock our door after we left the room for a chunk of the day, since the electronic key presented a religious problem for us. They said they would be happy to take care of it, and we spoke to them about this a second time (we'd discussed it with them when we checked in) as we left for the day. But when we came back several hours later and returned to the room along with a staff member, who was going to open our door with the electronic key so we could get in, the door was still slightly ajar, just as we'd left it in the morning. Fortunately we were at the end of a hallway and nothing in our room was touched, but the whole situation made us feel a bit funny. A number of electronics could have been stolen, in addition to a wallet.

The hotel was in a quiet location, close to everything but far enough away to be peaceful. The room was spacious and had a kitchenette. The staff was friendly and respectful. We slept well.

Staff was friendly and helpful.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

We had to pay for parking which I thought should of been included.

Staff was friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable as well. We also enjoyed the look of the hotel.

Great accomodations, but no sleep because of noise.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The noise from other patrons was horrible. We had people slamming doors all through the night. Every hour on the hour we woke up. Several times people were talking in the hall and it comes right into the room. There was also a fight where people were yelling at each other. My husband says we will never come back.

Worse Booking In 5years
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some type of convention has children running all over the building.Loud and not comfortable working out of my room. Kids even in the business room. Worse trip I have booked with you in five years. Both beds where broken. Several sheets where not clean. Unhappy

The gazebo

Very nice hotel
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Only think missing was the smile from the employee at the reception guys!!! Please smile and be friendly, this is your job!!!

Very nice hotel, confort was very good.

Clean and very nice employees!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was too cold, and there was no way we could ajust the tempture. Also, the lobby area was noisy until 1:00 AM with small children running, screaming and shouting while playing.

I liked the accessability, I am wheelchair bound. The bathroom was very easy get around in. Every person from the front desk to the waitresses were fantastic!

Excellent value and very enjoyable place to stay

Nothing - I had no issues whatsoever

Staff at check-in desk and room service were very polite, friendly, and helpful. Room service was tasty and reasonably priced. The hotel lobby is beautiful, and the parking garage is well-lit and connected to the hotel. The hotel room was large and very clean. The bed was very comfortable. This hotel represents excellent value for the money and is my go-to hotel if I need a place in Stamford. I'm unsure if this hotel is convenient for public transportation, but it is very easily accessible via car.

Nice Hotel-No Overnight Room Service
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was great however theres no overnight room service as advertised. Its just premade meals sandwiches and box meals, theres is no real good selection to choose from.

The staff was nice the layout of the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are nice and great temperature control.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great experience!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I loved the welcoming staff, the beautiful breathtaking lobby, and most of all the comfortable bed. Proper off street parking is available which is a big plus so our car did not stay on the street overnight. just breathtaking and wonderful for a price we could afford!!!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Good location, super clean, great hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first come first serve shuttle system - more planning needed in the morning if you need to be in the office at a certain time. Otherwise there is always uber.

The pool, gym, spacious rooms, number of towels in the bathroom, HBO, building interior, very welcoming, shuttle drivers are very professional and helpful who take you anywhere in the city.

For a one night stay it was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not stay long enough to not like anything.

The size of the room was major for me it was like home and not tight. The front desk staff when I checked in and out were very nice and friendly.

nice but overpriced
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was not included, but this was not mentioned during the booking. The cost got waived however when I mentioned this. Breakfast was not a buffet but a la carte! had to wait too ling, and this is a VERY bad plan for breakfast. Besides, the choice on a breakfast voucher was very limited, so well below expectation.

spacious room, very good bed

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

I would stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room was hot, the air went down to 64 degrees but the room itself didn't get lower than 77 degrees. I don't sleep well when I'm hot.

I loved the indoor hot tub and swimming pool. They were very accommodating and nice!

It was all so elegant and they offered a wonderful breakfast...
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Having to pay for parking in their parking garage that should of been included in the hotel room price.

It was all so elegant and they offered a wonderful breakfast with just about everything you could think of!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Just great
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Wished it was just a bit less expensive.

I used to live in Stamford and I knew this as a location as part of another chain. The entire facility has been revamped and renmovated. Really lovely.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Great location. Need to modernize gym.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very cheesy making us pay for parking. How about free coffee in the morning? Woman in accounting is terrible. They made a mistake in my bill, when I called, they put me through to accounting. Got the same woman's voice mail every day. She has yet to return any of my calls.

Location. Restaurant in lobby.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Somewhere else for your money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No where did it mention it's $10 per day to park. Bathroom was gross and ceiling was crumbling from water leaking upstairs. Every night they changed the wifi password and I had to get my room key reset each day because it would stop working.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Pleasant. I have stayed at this location a few times and would highly recommend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have preferred a room closer to d elevators but it's understandable if you do a little later check in.

Clean room and bathroom. Georgeous lobby, good breakfast and wonderful attentive staff. Also loved the convenience of having a shuttle pick up to and from the train. Bus stop is directly opposite to the hotel. One block away is IHOP , Stop and Shop supermarket and other stores.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Don't stay during dance competition! Lots of annoyances.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Room was in a quiet zone but hotel had a dance competition and allowed the kids to run around like crazy with no parent and throughout the halls at all hours even after midnight and 1am. Hotel didn't supply basics like razor, shaving creams, toothpaste, toothbrush. I'm used to those basics. Only parking is in their garage which is $10 a night and if you leave you have to pay to get back in. The pay machine only accepts credit cards in the garage so we had to leave our car and go back into the lobby and had a line of cars behind us. Then that machine wasn't working and wouldn't take our cash. I had to go ask for help at the desk. On top of it my room key didn't work. So I had to go back to the desk for another one!

Bed was nice and big

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

What an experience!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The girls at the desk in the evening, they were rude and not accommodating. They saw we were using canes and gave us a room far from elevator. we decided to stay a third day and the evening girls were rude again. asked for a room close to the elevator. Well, it was further away then the first day. They argued with my friend saying it was not that they were looking at the computer. Nope my friend was standing on the floor and it wasn't. After arguing she gave a room much much closer. These girls need some customer service training!

Bryan at the front desk as he was sorry about the issue of how we were treated from the evening customer service at the front desk we received in getting a room on the first night. He apologized for the service we received and gave us breakfast vouchers. We wanted to stay a third night due to unforeseen circumstances and If it wasn't for Bryan, we wouldn't have stayed! He made our stay more pleasant.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Ok
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

You have to pay for parking which was really unacceptable I expect to park at a hotel I'm staying at with no Hassel and also had the wrong controller in our room so wexcited couldn't hookeep up out netfLiz to the tv

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The Perfect Hotel in Stamford CT.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception staff can crack a smile it wont hurt!

Was in Stamford for business, this hotel is a pleasure. We had a newly renovated room with tons of sunlight, super comfortable mattress. Everything was clean and the room was spacious and beautiful. The staff was excellent. And the lobby and common areas are second to none.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Comfortable, well-priced
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Here and there, the architectural shortcuts took away from the intended effect of the design, but it's hard to dislike a hotel at this price level for that. At least they were trying to make things look ritzy and dramatic....

Friendly service and a good location.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Breakfast in room just fine.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Very hard to find after dark if you aren't familiar with Stampford. Watch out for extra charges appearing on your credit card statement after you have left.

Breakfast in room just fine. Room very comfortable and fully equipped with all the small details covered.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Great night lady staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Your night staff went the extra mile to make me really comfortable by going beyond the call of duty to use her private phone to help me make an emergency call and that to me is dedication. I appreciate that

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

Best Place to Stay in Stamford
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beautiful and clean everywhere! Lobby is magnificent and restaurant was lovely. Customer service at desk, restaurant, and all other amenities was just excellent. Room was clean and absolutely beautiful.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Beautiful Hotel, Extremely Impressed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was was beautiful. Very central location close to the business hubs. Cleaning staff was exceptional and very on top of things. The hotel lobby was something really impressive to see something like this at a hotel thats under $175 a night. I would stay here again if need be.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Not smart shower design
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

Design of shower looked good but water gets all over the floor. There is no way to block water from getting all over the bathroom floor. Didn't make sense but overall, it was a nice place.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Messy service
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that I was told I could check in early but had to wait til after 3pm before I could check in. Had to call booking after several hours of waiting in order to get room at that time. Each person at service desk told me my room would be ready at a different time. Was in town for a funeral and traveled over 550 miles to get there and we were tired. They were expensive and you get nothing Free, not even a bottle of water.

The location was great,the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Should have warned guests.
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

We were there during a Hassidic religious retreat in which the entire hotel was taken over except for a few of us not with the group. Check in was a nightmare (several hours). Doing anything within the hotel property was a zoo with kids running amok everywhere. 'Entree' slips were comp'd. ... the entire stay should have been. Your calculation of '3.8' is far too high.

Two of your front desk employees did the best they could, I wish I could remember their names.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Pleasant stay, Would return!
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

One snafu with my booking where it was under my guest's name as opposed to mine... An issue I believe is Booking.com's fault, not Crowne.

The staff was super friendly, attentive, and helpful. Breakfast was pretty good (I typically hate those weird eggs, but Crowne somehow made it tasty!) The room was clean and comfy. Also, we stayed on the 5th fl and had a beautiful view of the autumn leaves, pleasant surprise for a "short" hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Great Hotel
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

The bedroom was very welcoming, the bed was excellent. Everything was very clean and the staff was very friendly. The outside of the Hotel at night is beautiful with the lights and inside the Gazebo with the light was great. Really like the place

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

good but room didn't seem complete
    • King Leisure Room - Non-Smoking

the bathroom did not have a hook or any towel racks..... no way to hang up a robe or anything.... i find it unacceptable to have to lay my clothes on the toilet or the floor

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Took me a half hour to check in
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Arrived and had to wait a half hour to check in. After waiting 15 minuets I started calling the hotel in hopes I would be able to get someone on the phone to tell them I was there. I called probably 10 times. Then after a half hour a women came out to answer the phone and I told her it was me calling. she said " I was using the bathroom" two minutes later another employee showed up. Interesting that It took her a half hour to use the bathroom! And the other gentlemen was where? Also using the bathroom? Room was very clean and a nice set up. Extremely uncomfortable because you can't open the windows and I had the air conditioning in 64 and it was extereamly hot. This is not the first time I had a problem at this hotel, my last stay I entered my room and their was a puddle of water on the floor and water leaking from the cealing.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Food needed condiments!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food came with no condiments! No salt, pepper, or ketchup for the eggs. Toast came without butter or jam on side. And coffee came without sugar!

Place was very clean, neat and relaxing. Enjoyed the comfort of the place and the greeting and timeliness of the service provided by the staff. Price was okay too!