Reviews of Baymont by Wyndham Murray/Salt Lake City 1 stars

6.2

6.2

5.9

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

We lost sleep due to the continual flushing of the toilet. Furniture was stained & in a poor state of repair, the overall cleanliness of the property left a lot to be desired. The outdoor pool had obviously been closed for some considerable time & was in desperate need of attention. Breakfast was unstaffed - the area was in disarray, food items were not restocked This accommodation is not fit for purpose. Photos on Booking .com do not give a true representation

Unfortunately I cannot think of anything about this accommodation that is positive

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything, poor quality, dirty room when we checked in. We had to ask for toilet paper when we first arrived. Dirty green pool. Dirty and stained tub. Rusted out fixtures. Not a place I would recommend nor stay again.

Very dirty, during the month of June it is nice and warm outside. You would expect to have a pool available to swim in when it is listed as an amenity. Not a green swamp.

We were really excited about the pool, but it was closed our whole stay. Housekeeping unlocked our door despite our do not disturb sign being up because we were at breakfast and then left our door unlocked AND open. Management dealt with it nicely, however.

The beds were insanely comfortable and our stay was quiet, which is hard to find in big cities for such a low price. Free breakfast was a great plus!

Staff not so friendly. Snapped at my husband because he wanted coffee at 6 am and apparently it isn’t served until 6:30 am. Room didn’t feel clean. The carpets were filthy and gross stuff on the walls, the tv remote didn’t work, the lighting was dim and flickered a lot. The shower drain plug was broken - literally sitting on the side of the tub. The smoke alarm was hanging off the wall. For a Wyndham property, we were very disappointed.

The beds were comfortable. Convenient location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't like the seedy characters we saw in the parking lot or in the hallways. Some looked pretty rough but we understand that they pay their money too and have every right to be there. Come to SLC at least once a year and spend a week. Was going to ask front desk if there is a weekly rate but wife said she wouldn't feel comfortable with some of the customers.

Just stopped for a night to grab some sleep before taking off early. Didn't use any facilities or have breakfast. It was nicer than other budget hotels we stayed in on this trip but obviously not a $150.00 per night room.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

I was very disappointed in this location. I booked a room with a juccuzzi tub, it was one of the only reasons I chose this hotel. When it came time to use the tub, it was disgusting. So we tried to rinse it out and clean it up a bit, and the tub wouldn't drain. The drain then started bubbling up dirty water. Not only was the tub dirty, the shower was dirty as well. There was mold on the ceiling and in the vent. The bed had stains on both sides of the mattress and the ceiling in the main room was falling apart. The remote didnt work for the t.v. and there were no plugs for the lamp on the side of the bed, which made the room very dark. When I talked to the manager about my room, she accused me of lying and told me there would be no refund. They were very rude and repeatedly told me I was a liar. I had high hopes for this hotel for a nice date night out, and I was so disappointed and surprised at what it actually was. Nothing like the photos, and probably one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at.

Nothing, it was very disappointing.

The place was filthy, there was scary people hanging out in the parking lot and wandering the halls, there were holes in the ceiling, and just overall nasty

The beds were comfortable

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower head was a little too low and no angle adjustments.

The bed was comfortable, the air-conditioning was working well, good internet and all the above.

The carpet didn't seem clean. It wasn't vacuumed and was in need of a good shampoo/scrub.

The bed was excellent. Great mattress and a good night's sleep. The tub was filled with dirty water upon arrival; it was necessary to request maintenance fix the problem, which was resolved very quickly.

everything else. lobby is dirty. food is decent. bathroom dirty leftover soap in the tub. tv is not working. aircon is dirty. price is not worthit

security camera on the property. nearby fastfood chain.

The place looks like it's falling apart. Leaking pipes with the ceiling cut open to expose it, carpet coming up, dirtiest carpet I have ever seen in a hotel, patched walls. Jetted tub didn't even have water when you turned on the faucet. The whole place needs remodeled. Didn't like the desk clerk, the breakfast was lame, no protein all, the whole place looked dirty. Strong smell of cigarette smoke, inside and outside. Do not try and save money to stay at this place.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Dirty, noisy broken shower, water was shut off until 5:00 am. Sheets had hair in them and blood stains. Pillow had something on one that looked like seamen. Had to sleep on top of the blanket. Really grossed out! Very unhappy. Price way to high for such a dive.

Beds were comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A lot of homeless and drug addicts, asking for rides and walking the hallways at night. Smelled like smoke, and rooms and restrooms were dirty. My family didn’t feel safe, even walking to the car.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We booked through booking.com it says check out is noon but it's actually 11. The door in the room of the motel says noon as well. We had housekeeping knocking a little after 9am I put there sign on the door stating we were still there but it didn't matter they kept knocking. We literally got 5 knocks then a little after 11 a man opened our door and tried to come in the whole time we kept telling them we were staying tell checkout at (noon) 12:00. We called the front desk cause we couldn't believe they kept trying to get us out starting at 9ish. The front staff said checkout was 11. I showed them booking.com website showing noon and took a picture of there door saying noon. They said we wouldn't be charged but insisted it was 11. It was absolutely ridiculous. Not satisfied at all. We also went to breakfast at 8:30 and there was hardly anything left and that was suppose to go tell 9:30. Also I booked two rooms. One room dod not have a plug for the tub or a chair for the desk. That same room was not very clean. The other room was very clean and had a plug and it had a chair. I think what bothers me the most is we didn't even get a sorry. Poor customer service!

The staff were disrespectful, rude, and mean. The room was dirty, smelled of raid, and had ants bad. The heater was seeping poison gas and made us both severely ill. We were blamed for someone else staining a couple of towels and we were made to pay cash for them. They are over priced, and rude.

The bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were leaks in the ceiling, buckets on the floor on the way to our room, pool was closed early, a random room had no door knob, just very much seemed like it was breaking down. Our bathroom light was extremely dark.

It was cheap.

I have never slept in such hard beds and I have been in motels dozens and dozens of times. The bathtub was disgusting and had no plug so a person had to shower not bathe. The linen was stained and dirty. The breakfast left much to be desired as a matter of fact I was glad Burger King was across the street.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room i got was terrible, the bathroom needed maintenance and the door between me and the neighbouring room was broken on my side so i had a woman walk in on me from the next room!! However, i asked to get my room changed and the new room i got was great, no problems at all and the room change process was smooth

The employees at the reception and at breakfast were so helpful and nice. Breakfast was great too!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The TV was a little hard to operate at first because of the cable box. No comunicating between devices.

The room was ok and the location was just great for what we had planned.

No fridge, no microwave, ice machines none working, no soda machines, door's to the outside were broken, unlockable .

The king bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept on, 1st time waking up in no pain.

Staff very bad, management did not follow up on call back request , had one canceled reservation request failed to be completed and double charged very bad service

location of hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They did the upgrade them selfs and the controls for shower are not secured at all ! With a bathroom that small the door should open outwards so it doesn't block the shower and the toilet. Its great to have cold water for quess but don't you think you should change it daily not just let it sit in there. I'm a fat man so its extremely rare that I turn down free food I walked into the breakfast room and decided to pass on their free breakfast. That room was only big enough to be a standard room with one bed they supposed to Doublz in there the second bed was pressed against the wall and the curtains. The furniture was old and way too big for the room is a very small bathroom the countertop was oversized which made it even smaller.

It was clean and the hallway smelled good . they also have good cable package .

I think that the hotel is in an excellent location you can go anywhere close by shopping, to a reassuring and easy access back to the hotel.. the staff always awesome and treated us very well and was very helpful...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The door was supposed to be secure after 9 PM and never was. The homeless people needed to go somewhere else while we were staying there. We had to pull out beds to fine receptacles plug our phones in. Drywall in the bathroom was falling out of the ceiling.

We liked checking out !!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

First room they gave me, had a opened window, busted screen, holes in walls... in bathroom. I requested another room - got a better one, but this time the heater wouldnt stay on... for the 2nd night... it was freezing in there when I woke up.

wasnt much to like in that hotel. It's just a regular hotel.. poorly managed though.

Staff very rude. Would not give us a receipt though we paid on property not through booking.com. Our room smelled like smoke I complained-staff came up and opened a window in the middle of winter.

Nothing really.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was really mean the woman in charge opened our room door before 11:00 in the morning 3 times, the shower had only 1 towel and had hair in the tub but the stuff was really mean. I will never go there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If the building had burned down, it'd sure be nice if the smoke detector wasn't missing. At least if it had burned down, though, the semen infested tub would finally be sterile and they'd have a good reason for none of the exercise equipment being broken.

The building didn't burn down.

The lady that worked in the morning was extremely rude to everyone. Each morning there was someone else at the front desk complaining, when I asked her for a receipt she told me she couldn't give me one until after the room check but she would e-mailme one, I have not received said e-mail

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night for no reason. It was very dirty around the jetted tub. In the morning when I was checking out I asked the front desk for a receipt and they told me no, that I had to get it from booking.com. Then I looked at my bank account and noticed that they charged me twice. I have talked with them and they are working on it.

The night I checked in the front desk lady was very nice

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't really look like a safe area. My car was fine so I guess it doesn't really matter though

The bed was awesome and it wasn't a tube tv.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the lady that was a sit in for the manager she never once introduced herself as anyone special. She was rude telling me if I'm not on the list I couldn't eat breakfast when I stay there 2/3 of the month I don't think I need to keep showing my I'd when they should already have it on file .. I will talk with management because she could of been more professional about it. Horrible experience

I always enjoyed staying there until today

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was filthy, dirty comfort, floor looked like someone threw up on the floor! Was suppose to be in a suite 1st floor, nope 2nd floor, we had 2 oxygen machines plus suitcases and clothes to hang! It killed us literally up 2 staircase's!!!!

The employees were great

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No clock in the room. Stayed two nights but no change of towels of making bed after first night. Noisy vehicles at all hours of the night.

Bed was very comfortable

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

Property is getting aged. Look and feel seemed average but lacking attention. A few more attention to detail such as simple maintenance and I would have ranked higher.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

No mold on the ceilings. People not smoking crack outside our window in the back parking lot.

There was black mold on the ceilings. Drug activity out our window. It is one of the worse hotels I have ever stayed at. We could not even shower. The front desk staff were denying our complaints. This property needs to be removed from Booking ASAP.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was terrible dirty and the jacuzzi I paid to upgrade the room for didn't even work and we walk in our room and the jacuzzi is shooting water then we had no remote for the tv and our phone didn't work and once we got a romote after walking to front desk because the phone didn't work the cable didn't work we got one channel ESPN and for 2 girls that really sucks then we complain when checking out and she was so rude and didn't do anything but get mad at me for not telling the morning shift front desk we had a late check out I asked the guy at the front desk when we checked in the night before! I didn't know I had to relay the message I thought that was THEIR JOB! The room was so dirty I bought cleaner and disinfected it total crap hole! You couldn't pay me to stay there again! Oh and no hot water!!!

Well since the room was set up for a handicap person, (who could be very overweight) the bed was very uncomfortable, very much like a box springs with a mattress cover on it. I could feel the springs and had a much better bed in the last visit. On the last visit on the second floor I had a pillow top type mattress like i have at home. Super comfy

It was my 3rd visit there and I was able to get a first floor room, as I had lots of luggage and there are only stairs and no elevator. The staff were very helpful and congenial. The room was very spacious with the kitchenette and large bathroom.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

1) No elevators, thus difficult to bring large luggage to room. 2) We had a 4-occupant reservation for each of 2 rooms. and every evening we had to ask for 2 more sets of towels. Every morning we asked the front desk to have housekeeping provide 4 sets, but we'd return to find only 2 sets. For 2 of the 4 days, towels were not available until laundry was done. 3) At early check-out on the final day, the clerk did not know how to use a different credit card for final billing of our 2nd room, and he did not know how to print a receipt for either reservation. We had to wait a few hours for a manager to report to duty to do what we needed. 4) Ice maker on our floor was not working. Had to go to the ground floor.

Distance from Salt Palace Convention Center was convenient. Free parking. Complimentary continental breakfast was good. Price was good.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The fridge wasn't on when we got there. We plugged it in. Put our food in it. Woke up and it still was not on. Our food was all bad!! The microwave was seriously so gross!! It had a weird smell in the room as well.

The beds were very comfortable. The location was great!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

air conditioner not working well - not enough air flow throughout the room

cleaning staff were very helpful - when I asked for an extra chair for the room as there was only one in the room - she brought one from the breakfast room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smell of mold from down the hall when water was dripping down a door. Not too far from us.

There wasn't any eggs. But the continental breakfast was very sparsh.

The breakfast is extremely lacking. Cereal and waffles only. Nothing else.

One of the beds in the room was a Tempurpedic. It's close to the freeway. The staff seemed nice.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing worked. It was really ghetto. Booking.com misrepresentated the hotel but I was unable to change my reservation. Very unhappy with booking.com

The staff was very nice.

Everything.filthy, bad repair, terrible staff. The place was a pig sty, and to top it off,there was no duvet on the bed. When I asked for one, I got a blank stare. I finally said "I want a blanket for the king size bed please." They gave me a queen and said this should fit. Wouldn't give me a bigger one. Horrid customer care. Just stay away!!

Leaving. That's what I liked.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One of the days we returned to our room to find no towels, and there was no hand soap any of the days.

Considering how little we paid, the value was pretty good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was shocked & disappointed when I they told me pool was closed for the season as of the same day I had arrived. false advertisement

I over the Peace & quiet was exactly what I needed.

1, I couldn't cancel my reservation, and booking.com is the worst for costumer service. I tried so hard to call but your STUPID 800 number never does not connect you with any person. The original Room had very strong odor of mold, but staff was more then happy to exchange room. The next room was ok. The hotel has a mold issue. I could see mold growth in the ceiling in the showe. Carpet was dirty, the north corner the floor molding is falling off. We moved the beds, and there is dirt and dust build up. The paint in the bathroom is chipping off. We saw a cockroach in bathroom!! To make it worse the fire alarm went off at 6:30 in morning!! It was very scary! And they did not know why!

The staff very nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No towels in room. Phone didn't work. Found previous occupant's food waste in dresser

Receptionist was willing to freeze our ice packs in hotel refrigerator for us.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It has a slight old moldy scent. Carpet should be removed. Ice machine and area should be thoroughly cleaned and sanitize. It was dirty in that area.

The staff was extra friendly. I loved that. Plus it was quiet which was good for me. I felt safe because my first 3 days I was alone.

Dirty, found a syringe first night there. None of the exterior doors actually locked. Lots of activity in courtyard until early morning hours.

Quick access to the interstate. Conveniently located fast food options.

Room we booked was not what they gave us! Had to go back to front desk! No swimming pool like advertised!LASTLY, TOO MANY DRUNKS PARTYING AND FIGHTING IN PARKING LOT!! Bathroom toilet leaked all over! Didn't feel safe, traveling with granddaughter! Do not stay here! Pay extra for better hotel.

Nada!!

Not very friendly service was not great. Pool out and told them that was a main reason for visit they didn't care . Phone in room was not working and trouble with bathroom. No help what so ever.

Located

The air conditioning wasn't working very well. The swimming pool was out of order. There wasn't enough towels soap shampoo for the four of us. II called the desk and asked for more. After waiting for an hour I went down myself and got towels for us. The breakfast consisted of cold cereals and waffles no fruit, no juice, no yogurt

The beds were very comfortable

Only 2 small towels in the bathroom. Swimming pool was closed. Bathroom walls and tiles were cracked and looked dirty. Corridors need to be cleaned.

The bed was soft.

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

I reported a clogged toilet one morning before leaving for the day, and when I returned that evening the toilet hadn't been fixed, nor had the room been cleaned. The room smelled as a result, and it still took a while for someone to fix the toilet. Very bad experience

Room was gross. I found long black hairs in the bathroom and one in the bed. The bed was very uncomfortable. I woke up and could barely move.

Breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It's a little run down but for the money it's a good value. It's clean and comfortable.

The beds are super comfy - more comfortable than most hotels I have stayed at anywhere. One of our drivers even commented on how comfortable the beds are! The staff was especially helpful and friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

tried several times to get in room-- first two sets of key cards wouldn't work. They moved us to another room, key worked, it was ok but not exactly spotless. Carpet stains and stains on the chair.

price

Just about everything, but checkout staff was extremely rude.

This was the worst experience at any hotel. Front staff rude, didn't know or get things right, check in was long and customers were coming to front desk to complain about room or some other dispute. One resident stated the room had previously flooded and there was black mold. At check out charged extra $200 said for cleaning. The room was personally cleaned prior to leaving and a video taken. I will never again stay at a Baymont hotel and am dusappointed that hotel is a member of Wyndham. I have stayed frequently at Wyndham and lovely hotel. The Baymont is not even in that class.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I got a room with a broken bathroom door (looked like somebody punched it). The bath tub had stains and the towels were not clean.

The staff was nice, friendly and helpful. The distance from the airport.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very dirty and our room smelled horrible, so we had to sleep with the windows open, which had ripped screens. Renovation definitely needed.

They bed was comfy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

An airport shuttle would be perfect.

Good continental breakfast, clean, enjoyable pool, very good staff, attentive and, great customer service. Clean, comfortable room, staff fixes minor issues fast and, goes above and beyond to make it right.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

After driving 11 hours we finally got to our room and it was filthy. The beds we're unmade, there were wet towels all over the bathroom floor and plates of food on the furniture.. and it smelled like BO. When I told the front desk, they spent 10 minutes looking for another room before asking us to leave so that they could clean the one they had already given us. We sat in the car in 107° for 35 minutes before being able to get into our room. All night the air kept turning on and off loudly cliconditioner clicking and rattling... No sleep. Not fun.

Our room was extremely small and when moving a chair we found an empty bag that had boxers in it. Our room had no trash can or shower curtain. Our screen was out and curtains wouldn't close.

• Deluxe Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It had ants and it smelled like wet dog. The back foot was broken. And anyone could get in. Pool wasn't working and it was overall dirty

big breakfast room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty carpet , dirty windows, dirty tile, air conditioner didn't work, vegetation around building and lot dead and messy

Decent breakfast. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

upon arrival we saw Unsavory men in the parking lot !!!! The outside security door was Broken .The door to the room had broken locks.The chair in the room was torn and had Blood on it. The bed had NO mattress covers. When we arrived and opened the back of our truck one of the men in the parking lot was suddenly behind us looking into the back to see what we had.. As the result of that my partner was awake for the rest of the night, wondering if the vehicle was going to be broken into. Horrible experience !!!!

the girl at the front desk

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

everything in this hotel is bad. especially the internet and the wifi range. There is no wifi inside the room.

I don't actually like anything in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The lack of amenities the facility had to offer. I liked the location however I was expecting the amenities to be better. Breakfast was very blah. Coffee was parse. When I drink quite a bit of coffee daily.

Beautiful people. Very friendly atmosphere. The facility was clean and staff friendly. They were very accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was dirty,found paraphernalia on floor, bathroom was disgusting had black mold all over,no tub plug, hole in wall where shower head comes out of wall, cracks all thru shower, contential breakfast, rude employees, hallway dirty, cops in and out of hotel, people smoking majaurana, beds not made right,loud can hear and smell everything from outside. Security doors don't close all the way, so anyone can come in, parking lot lights don't work. When made a complaint was told to go somewhere else,so we did. It was the worst experience we've ever had at a hotel. It won't let me give it 1☆, which is still too good.

NOTHING

• King Suite- Non-Smoking

I booked the room for 3 nights and I put some bottles of water and cans of soda in the fridge and the maid took them. She should have left them since I was staying for 3 nights so I consider it theft. I won't be back ever again.

Good location and it was fairly quiet

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Key didn't work twice. No hot water twice. Breakfast quality inconsistent. Furniture was a bit worn.

Near freeway. Quiet. Two fast food restaurants and gas stations next door. Great staff made up for problems.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was given a room that did not have a comforter on the beds just sheets when I asked when the front desk attendant she said she would make sure I received one. I had a feeling she was lying to me because of her poor customer service skills. She said because of the new dryers thats why the beds didn't have a comforter. I was there just two weeks ago and the bed was fully made. I asked for a different room but she refused to accommodate my request. I never received the comforter so I got my own blankets I had with me. Name tag of the employee would have helped. She seem pretty put out that you would ask her of anything and the key card was given in a half cut envelope. She worked the afternoon shift. Presentation goes a long way. So does a smile. There was a lot of hair in the bathroom the tub drain need to be cleaned out ,the water drains slow when you are taking a shower. And there was hair on the counter and sink. It was all long dark hair "yuck" factor. I have very short hair.

A list of amenities and locations in hotel would make a difference.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

bedbugs kept getting bitten .after i checked out .read that someone else was bitten over 100 times and 17% of complains that are bug related in salt lake city are from baymont inn in murray,utah. a refund i think is in order.my worst stay in my life .

leaving