Reviews of Best Western Hartford Hotel and Suites 3 stars

185 Brainard Road, Hartford, CT 06114, USA

#6 of 12 hotels in Hartford

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Great service, breakfast, exercise area and comfy bed.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

There were food stains in my fridge.

Check out was easy. I grabbed an omelette and a sausage and headed out. I loved having a microwave, iron, hair dryer and fridge in my room. You have to request those items at some of the other hotels.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

A good stopover.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The receptionist was amazing. We arrived about 9:00, tired and hungry and the only local restaurant had closed!! She arranged a takeaway delivery for us, pointed us at a wine outlet and was generally just lovely. We stayed on 18/9/18.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

It was better than expected
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Customers smoke on the side entrance. It's not the goals fault. But if a note asking them not to smoke in front of the doorway are in place, it would be nice. And if there were an area away from the entry did where people could smoke and dispose is their butts, it would be great

The staff was really great. Especially the girl at the desk. I forget her name. But she helped me send out a very important fax, going well above and beyond

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful- 10/10.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

Not all rooms at property are nonsmoking, and so could sort of smell cigarette smoke in our room in the morning. (I’m a non-smoker)

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful- 10/10. Shuttle to downtown and the Xfinity Center was a great perk as we didn’t have a car. Also, breakfast was better than expected with a great selection.

It was a decent budget hotel providing basic amenities for a overnight in Hartford, CT
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

The cereal at breakfast was stale. The pillows in the room were not standard sized pillows. They were small square pillows. There was a strange smell in the hallways and one elevator was not operational.

This hotel was conveniently located near major roadways and the airport. It provided a free breakfast and many amenities. The room itself was neat and clean. It was a basic room, providing the basics needed for an overnight stay near Hartford, CT. It was reasonably priced for a weekend night.

Great staff
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The staff are always friendly and helpful. My daughter was nervous about starting college, and Shonda at the front desk gave her a pep talk that made her laugh, and feel better.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good breakfast.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Horrible noise from air conditioning in the corridor outside the room, which can be heard in the room. Noise from the fridge as well (impossible to unplug it).

Good breakfast. Nice people serving breakfast.

The staff are keeping this place alive, especially the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

My room had no pillows and a ripped blanket on arrival further to this the bed wasn't even made up. For some reason my floor was wet and Worse of all the entire hotel including my room smelt of cigarettes strongly with a hint of cannabis, ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTING STENCH and not acceptable from any hotel chain!!!

The staff are keeping this place alive, especially the ladies on check in and breakfast area

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

TOGETHERNESS & LOVE
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Everything was great, i used holiday inn mostly when i in Hartford conn, they cost more, but no breakfast , no way as nice as we were treated at BEST WESTERN OF HARTFORD CONN.. THE BREAKFAST YOU ALL HAVE EVERY MORNING IS FANTASTIC AND FROM NOW ON I WILL STAY AT BEST WESTERN FOR SURE.. CHANDLER IS THE BEST SHE IS SO SWEET AND KIND BIG HEART.. EVERYONE THERE KINDNESS WAS SO WONDERFUL..THANKING ALL THE EMPLOYEES . JOHNNY HOLDER NORTH CAROLINA.

PS. ( IF U HAD GRIT I WOULD DRIVE UP THERE JUST TO HAVE BREAKFAST SOMETIMES ) SMILE..TOGETHERNESS

Best to stay @ Best Western

Nothing to complain about

Omg , clean and comfortable. Room spacious. Compared to other hotels (expensive ones) this hotel was the best!!! And the full breakfast that comes with your stay is amazing. We picked this as it was semi close to the airport and we were just staying the night before our flight but I wish we had stayed at Best Western everywhere we went on our trip because it surpassed the Hilton and Mansion Inn ( much more expensive) on every level.

Booked a king with sofa bed —Got one double bed
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

We booked and paid for a king size bed with an additional sofa bed. We got a room with a bed so small it didn’t even have regular size pillows. There was no sofa bed. We asked to be moved and were told nothing else was available. Our 2 year old daughter had planned to spend the night with us. There was no room for her. We asked for a price deduction. The answer was no. The bathroom had mold in it. We left after one night.

good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Desperately, needs ventilation/fan in the bathroom. Long after showering the bathroom was a wet sweaty mess. Even the walls were dripping in water. Nothing could dry out. That was terrible

over all ok, location could have been better

Booking.com reviews are misleading - this place is sketchy!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

There were cigarette burns on the bedding, the bathroom had barely been cleaned (weird crumbs left behind on the sink, toilet paper rolls left in the same condition as the last guest using them) and the cleaning staff reeked of weed. Additionally, the location was very sketchy and I did not feel safe staying at this hotel.

Absolutely nothing about this hotel.

The staff was very personable and kind.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

There were a few communication errors between us and the staff and it looked like between the staff themselves and there were a couple shuttle problems that did get fixed rather quickly.

The staff was very personable and kind. There was a great breakfast with an array of options. The pool and whirlpool tub were very nice and relaxing. And the rooms were very comfortable and spacious

We found old goldfish snack on the floor, by bed.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

We found old goldfish snack on the floor, by bed. 2 flies were flying around room, when we arrived. Toilet was stopped up. When we picked up bath mat, after showering, it was black from floor. We didn’t feel safe. Air condition made a loud rattling sound all night, so little sleep.

Reasonable and comfy
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Parking was being resurfaced so a bit less convenient.

Very comfy beds. Great shower. Very clean. AC worked great. Breakfast had a good assortment and was restocked fast.

Fair but could have been better.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Very poor breakfast. Gluten free option was a small carton of almomd milk! Other selections were limited and not very interesting. Multiple car windows were smashed and goods stolen in the car park overnight. Not the fault of the hotel but the attitude of a few front desk members was poor to say the least.

Good location. Generally decent staff. Very clean.

Overpriced, but a clean and comfy place to stay for work, or if you're passing through.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

The spa wreaked of chemicals and the engine making the bubbles is incredibly loud and has a high pitch squeal. You cannot relax at all. They should really fix that. The doors to the pools were locked during opening hours. It was pretty expensive, considering the location and the facilities offered.

Room was nice, spacious and clean. Comfy beds, large TV. Breakfast was decent, coffee was pretty good.

• King Suites - Non smoking

Bad bad location our car got broken into in their parking lot. There is no security. The staff did not care when told. Now I’m out Thousands of dollars to fix my Lexus. Terrific Horrible experience.

Room was okay but smelled and stuffy

Terrible. Never going back. Will not ever stay at a Best Western Property for the rest of my life.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Everything. Ineffective customer service. I was sold a double queen and was put in an handicapped room with 1 full size bed. Dirty bedding with cigarrette holes. Smelly hallways. My family and I had to squeeze onto an undersized bed. There was no additional bed for my small child. This was highly uncomfortable for my injured back and no one could sleep. I complained to the front desk who acknowledged they were wrong but could not provide any solutions. I would have to wait for a manager to come in the next day after my stay was over. My family could not bear a whole night in this dump and we left. I was highly upset and I want my money back.

Location was good which was nearby to the downtown area and...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Hotel cleanliness, staff was good but did not accomodate my request for extending stay even though a day before the rooms were available and the guy at the reception did say he made a not of it but next day when I went there no reservations were there for me.

Location was good which was nearby to the downtown area and the area shuttle was also available so that is a great comfort as well when you don't have a car with you. Breakfast was also pretty ok but was same all week.

the place was great and it was close to downtown and restaurant area
    • King Room - Non Smoking

one of the elevator was out of service .

the staff was friendly and the place was very clean.i like the fact that they had a outside pool and an inside whirlpool and breakfast was included in the price too.i would definitely recommend this place.

Late check out could have been more than an hour after...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Late check out could have been more than an hour after regular check out. The desk staffer was not helpful with this request. The breakfast did not have many items The facilities seemed old and kind of run down. I had just stayed at another Best Western location (North Shore, Danvers, MA) and that one was much better

So-so beds in an otherwise good hotel.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The bed was very flat and didn't feel good on my back at all! The neighborhood is slightly questionable.

Room was squeaky clean and smelled like soap. Staff was very knowledgeable. The hot tub was super nice.

Very good
    • Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access - Non smoking

Breakfast noy international enough, though plenty there I like better wholesome quality

close to Center of city,beautiful surrounding, fairly quiet. Price is good for all the place offers

Me and my friends stay was better than we could’ve ever expected. The hotel staff was exceptional!
    • King Room - Non Smoking

There was no issues at all. Everything was amazing!

The hotel was extremely clean, staff was amazing, and everything was comfortable and affordable. In a great location as well.

I would definitely book with Best Western again!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Couldn’t rate the pool. It was closed for maintenance.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The facility was clean. The showers water pressure was amazing lol. Location was great too! And definitely enjoyed the breakfast!

Breakfast was okay everyday.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Had to wait to get towels on Saturday. Were told they would bring them up to us later as they were being cleaned. When we arrived back later we had to go to the desk to ask for them as they were never delivered. Entire hallway, stairwell and backdoor smelled of marijuana the entire stay. I only complain because I could not escape it inside the hotel, I tolerate it in smoking sections and outside but inside is inexcusable.

Breakfast was okay everyday. Basic and met expectations. Beds were comfortable. Less than 10 minutes to the convention center.

Good stay and woud go back again. A bit disappointed with the lobby elevator not working nor spa.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Good location, several local choices of restaurants, easy on and off of major highway, good parking area, and excellent morning breakfast and coffee.

Attractive room and nicely laid-out and very comfortable beds. The only issues was that we ask the front desk personnel( 2 separate times) to please come up, as we had no outlets for our reading light. Eventually they had to unplug the microwave and use that outlet as the only quick solution.

If you're looking for a good room with a great price, this place is it.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The Wi-Fi wasn't that great so I used my service providers for the duration of my stay. Other than that the hotel was great.

The price was just right for a standard room, the pillows are great! Arrived an hour early and the staff allowed us to check in right away. We will absolutely stay here again on our next trip to Connecticut

Great place, comfortable room.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

A very large TV only had 2 channels, cable was not functional.

The room was very big and nice and the bed comfortable. There was a seafood restaurant next to the hotel with good food but tons of people and a 1-hour line. Room was very clean, staff friendly.

Short nice stay. Very helpful staff. Great food next door.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Bathroom does need a fan

Very nice staff. Convenient seafood restaurant next door. Rooms were clean. As I was there for a SSA hearing, having the shuttle taking me too and from down town was Great. I would stay again.

Short stay but good for our needs.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

No fan to clear condensation in bathroom was strange.

Comfortable beds and pillows. Love the fridge microwave and kuerig in room. Check in lady was sweet and informative. Breakfast was perfect. So nice to have breakfast ready and waiting before an early college visit. Liked king bed for parents and fold out sofa for our teenage son.

The room is awesome. Just eat somewhere else and don't forget your important medication in your room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Bad things: the breakfast is awful. The eggs were not "real", fresh eggs. The bread was also not fresh at all. The coffee was fine. The location is not bad, but it is a little bit far from basic places. One thing that was really a problem is that my partner probably forgot there her prescription. She called the hotel and they didn't sound too worried about that, although they said they would check if the medication was there. What they didn't get is that this medication could be really dangerous if in the hand of someone else. It is the kind of medication that she has to take for medical reasons, but people are always looking for it for "recreational" reason. So, I think they should be more worried about this medication being in the room we stayed: they were dealing with the whole situation like she forgot a bottle of ibuprofen there. It was not ibuprofen. They should have checked if the medication was in the room right after she called them and they should have called her back as soon as possible.

There are good things and bad things about this hotel. I would maybe go there again, if I didn't have a better option. Good things: the bed is comfortable, the shower is decent, the heater and the fan worked very well, the furniture and style of the room is very nice ("sober", I would say). Also, there is a coffee machine with coffee included. Parking is easy and included. So, these good things are really good things.

Breakfast invasion
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non Smoking

I didn't like how crowded the breakfast area was with staff eating and bringing their children to eat. It was crowded, loud, and wiped out of food due to all the children and staff eating.

They did a good job keeping up with the salt and wet floors. The layout of the hotel is ideal.

Enjoyable, comfy beds, clean, breakfast very good! Good value!😄
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Bad smell in hallway... Like old cigarettes smoke!

Great price 4 hotel..little dated, strong odor in hallway as if hotel had a lot of cigarette smoking at one point! Breakfast was very good, beds clean & comfy...receptionist at front desk cud have been little more talkative...overall though hotel very good 4 price!

Jose, the manager was very helpful, friendly and...
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Could do with plastic (or similar) soap dishes as we wanted to re-use the soap but every day it was replaced (wasting money). We also hung some towels up to re-use but they were replaced each day too, although the notice from the hotel asked us to help the environment by re-using towels.

Jose, the manager was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. He was training a new member of staff when we arrived and he was very patient with her so she did not panic as we arrived! That's the sign of a great manager. We were not in a rush at check-in, despite having flow in from UK, so it was lovely to see Jose take his time and be affirmative with his new staff member as he talked her through how to check us in. He was great with us too. One day, our room had not been cleaned for whatever reason and he was straight onto this for us! We appreciated his swift action to resolve our issue. Next time we have to be in Hartford, we will choose this hotel again! Thank you. You made our week very comfortable.

It was ok but I wish got more sleep.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

We never could figure out how to operate the weird shower nozzle so we splashed from the tub nozzle. I called the front desk to ask and was put on hold but couldn’t wait. I had noted on my booking request that we wanted a quiet room away from the ice machine and elevators because we work very late. Instead our room was right adjacent to both the ice machine and an elevator which woke us up. We had no time to change rooms.

Friendly staff clean room convenient location and good breakfast.

Easy on/off highway, however, not a stay I would care to repeat.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Bathroom was in need of repair(swollen wood/tile & water stains), and heat/ac unit emitted high pitch sound everytime it came on. Guests were loud, foul language heard throughout the night (even 2am).

The bed was quite comfortable and it was convenient having a microwave and mini frig.

Handy location off the highway and great shuttle service to city; too bad cleaning missed us!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

For some reason the housekeeping service missed our room on the full day we were there - in spite of the fact we left the room for most of the day (at 9:30 returning at 2:30) and I asked the front desk twice after our return. While the desk person did come up with clean towels late in the day, we had wet towels, full waste bins and unmade beds that day.

Excellent shuttle service from the hotel to sites in Hartford - including tourist attractions and shopping. The drivers were friendly and most accommodating. Saved us from having to navigate a busy and unfamiliar city.

Do not understand why this hotel has such a high rating. Extremely disappointed, will never return.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Stayed for 4 nights, wish we had left after the first night. The room was not serviced, the cleaning staff left dirty towels on the floor, the waste was not emptied, no toilet paper provided, beds were not made. The cleaning staff left our room door open and unlocked on 2 separate occasions. We complained to the hotel but no action was taken by staff and the manager refused to offer any assistance. The manager was rude, unprofessional and a disgrace to the Best Western chain.

Do not understand why this hotel has such a high rating. We were extremely disappointed. It was a bad experience and will never return. I did not like anything about this hotel.

Good for the price. However, good thing I didn't have to shower (only an overnight stay)
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The bathroom shower needs some solid cleaning and the shower head needs to be replaced or soaked in bleach to remove the mold In the spouts.

Staff was very pleasant and the exterior accessibility to the rooms (without having to navigate the entire hotel) was convenient.

We were very satisfied with our one night stay.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

We were very satisfied with our one night stay. The room and the hotel was clean and well maintained. The breakfast was very good. The hotel is located in an industral area near the aiport and easy access to the highway. The service was excellent. Unfortunately we left our toiletry bag in the room. The staff was polite and helpful to find the bag and send it home to us. Chris & Jeff

too cheap for comfort.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

The room I stayed in had a handycap shower head 4.5 feet off the ground positioned to stream cold water on me the moment I turned it on. The bathroom was overall pretty beat up. Receptionist was not particularly friendly or professional- nor was she helpful on the phone when I called. Breakfast- while nice to have offered did not taste good. Eggs were really bad.

I enjoyed my stay overall.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

When I booked the hotel, I was told shuttle service was available. But when I arrived, I was told it doesn't operate on Sundays. This was highly inconvenient, and quite frankly, very frustrating.

The pool and hot tub made my stay wonderful. The breakfast was also good.

The staff was helpful, the pool and whirlpool were clean.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The walls are very thin. We could hear the man next to us very clearly.

The staff was helpful, the pool and whirlpool were clean. The room was clean and I liked that the remote was sanitized.

Breakfast was good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Hotel doesn't look as advertised on pictures. It's all a little dated and needs some upgrades.

Breakfast was good. Fresh blueberries were a nice touch.

Clean and comfy
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Didn't realize the hotel was not too close to the city . But that was ok , we were passing through on our travels .

The desk clerk recommended a great restaurant right behind the hotel within walking distance and dinner was really good!

Enjoyable Stay
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Location is really excellent with respect to downtown. The room was clean, breakfast was good, had no problems sleeping in the bed, which felt comfortable.

Great stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Pillows we're amazing. Free breakfast was also nice, only a little disappointed with the fact they had no potato option for breakfast. Definitely worth the money and would stay there again! Awesome shuttle service to the concert.

Great hotel for conventions!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary shuttle to and from Hartford was the best feature. I recomend this hotel if you are attending any events at Connecticut Convention Center. And the breakfast buffet was an added bonus! Lots of selection!

Someone friendly and inviting at a time i needed them to be.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Front Desk associate very friendly and helpful. Late arrival afternoon unpleasant experience at another booking. Associate was a breath of fresh air in my time of need for place to stay with 2 young teens and a disabled sister.

AM meal had machine to make pancakes.
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Rooms not cleaned every day. Rates not stated up front, that is why I went thrugh Booking,com,

AM meal had machine to make pancakes. Two egg omelettes with cheese. Dole fruit cups. Shuttle service to and fromHartford Hospital.

Comfy beds, nice breakfast options
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Room could've been a little cleaner. There were no towels or wash cloths when we arrived, we had to ask for them but the staff was quick to remedy the situation.

Breakfast was great with several options. Beds were very comfortable. Plenty of space

One Night Stay - Wish We Could Have Stayed Longer
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

If there's going to be a Keurig included in the room, there should be Coffee Mates or Creamers included as well.

The bed was huge and the pillows were nice and soft. I slept like the dead. And, it had a massive TV, microwave and mini fridge (which I wasn't expecting), and even a sleeper couch.

Convenience to Hartford
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Being quoted $129 per night, but being charged $129 for one night and then $139 for the next thru the same booking.com 2 night reservation.

Near to hospital and restaurants

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Not luxury but did the job.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

We arrived about 15 minutes before check-in, they said we needed to wait because no rooms were available. We waited about 45 minutes until we could go in our room. That's a half hour past check-in time, the staff was very apologetic about it. The next day, it was an hour and 15 minutes before check-out and someone knocked on our door to ask us when we were leaving. I found that to be incredibly rude. We told them we would leave by check-out. The bathroom had a very musty smell, there is no ventilation in there so once the shower was on for just a couple minutes, the whole room was "wet".

The pool was clean but it wasn't as warm as we had hoped a heated pool would be. The hot breakfast was good. The beds were comfortable and the a/c in our room worked well.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Very close to 91, quiet location, easy to get to, friendly...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Did not realize it wasn't within walking distance of downtown.

Very close to 91, quiet location, easy to get to, friendly and accommodating staff. Clean!

Breakfast was good.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

Carpet in room wasn't clean. No minibar or anywhere near hotel to get a beer when we arrived.

Breakfast was good. Manager was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Once, and not again
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

The fact that the receptionist did not belief me, the greasy impression of the public spaces and the uninspiring breakfast.

The allocated room was already occupied and I could not convince the receptionist that this was the case. Finally she accepted and gave us an upgrade for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

A great place to Stay
    • King Room - Non Smoking

There was nothing to complain about.

The best thing was it felt "comfortable". The breakfast had something for everyone, hot cold & really good coffee. We really enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Good hotel for the money
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Not a luxury hotel. No USA Today paper Bathroom was old and too small No restaurant or bar No food to buy on premises No room safe

Location value staff. Coffee was good Room was large Convenient to downtown Hartford

They have a shuttle bus, not sure where it goes, but the...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

For what ever reason, you can not change the water in the shower to the tub.

They have a shuttle bus, not sure where it goes, but the motel is located in a semi- industrial area, so I assume it goes to somewhere more convenient. There is a big and popular seafood restaurant right next door. Nice fitness room.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Would not recommend this location to anyone.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The lack of food nearby. The Kleenex was down to three sheets. The hallway smelled of smoke and the toon had an musty odor.

Easy access by car. Parking provided.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Much room for improvement
    • King Room - Non Smoking

I put the do not disturb sign on my door and when I came back from class someone had been in the room with fresh towels I did not ask for. They also appear to have vacuumed and taken my trash out. Appreciate it but sort of unacceptable, if I say don't come in- DONT. Also when I first got there it smelled like weed, and I had to question the cleanliness of the room. My fridge in my room also broke and the food I brought with me for the week went bad. They have a free shuttle but made a mistake and I ended up sitting without a seatbelt-illegal- because they over booked it. My TV signal went out the first night I was there, and then again toward the end- both just after 9 or so. I don't really see the value in paying almost $600 for 5 nights when i ended up being inconveined nearly once each day I was there. Shower pressure was good but the temp of water was inconsistent and the bathrooms lacked vents or fans so everything got steamy and wet even after a moderately timed shower.

Free breakfast was extremely convenient and tasted great. Location right off the highway was nice. HBO tv nice too. Free wifi a major plus. Great shower pressure. Free shuttle.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

it was a good place to stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

i really didn't like the icy parking lot at the rear of the building. there was a large patch and to be near the door on a very cold day it was the place to park. just a bit more ice melt was needed. it would have been nice for the site to be in west hartford which is so very lovely and where we ate both meals with friends.

i liked the persons at the desk who were very engaging. i liked the coffee area which allow us to chat with other guests and was unusual.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Short stay for business trip was great
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The evening front desk representative was not very helpful or pleasant when we checked in, but the 2 morning girls were very friendly and accommodating.

The room was relaxing, comfortable and clean. We were there one night for a business conference so didn't have time to use the fitness center or pool but they looked nice when we walked by.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Comfy and relaxing stay
    • King Room - Non Smoking

The size of the whirlpool. Way to small to accommodate more than 4 guest at a time. And you have to wait for it if there are people already in it.

The bed was extra comfy and breakfast was delicious and hot.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Good breakfast noms
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Eggs were great and I was extra pleased with the option of salsa with my eggs. The pillows were the best I've experienced at a hotel. Quiet at night. Good security and night attendant awareness.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Will definitely stay again !

Not a thing !

The room was large, clean and quiet. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast attendee kept the breakfast area clean and well stocked, even though we came down for breakfast towards the end of the designated hours. Very close to the Hartford events we were attending.

There was so many roaches and bed bugs no hot water at all...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed- Non Smoking

There was so many roaches and bed bugs no hot water at all no ice for water they didnt have much of anything bathroom was dirty also

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Extremely friendly staff and
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

The shower control mechanism is located in a inconspicuous location on the faucet and I needed to contact a staff person to locate it for me. He even had difficulty getting it to work.

Very nice breakfast and great location for restaurant and downtown.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

My traveling companion and I were very pleased with the accomadations all around!
    • King Room - Non Smoking

Would have liked to have had hard boiled eggs available. Also wish there was a dairy free milk option... such as soy or coconut. I am allergic to milk products.

The décor was really nice. smelled fresh and clean. There was a good selection for breakfast. Also loved the front desk girls! Very helpful and sweet!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

They tried to put a kind face on a messy situation
    • Queen Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access - Non smoking

Big problem: the hotel was filled with pre-teen girls for a school sporting event. They spent most of the evening running up and down the halls, yelling and playing some game. Nobody reined this in, despite complaints from other guests, including me.

Place is clean and reasonably comfortable

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Conecticut confusion
    • Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Locked out in the cold by staff member switching off electric doors to clean and then leaving reception with doors locked closed. Not very apologetic when we told her how long we had been outside

clean and comfortable but not very hospitable at reception desk. Staff member helped us figure out how the shower worked as we couldn't understand how it worked.