Reviews of Red Lion Hotel High Point 3 stars

135 South Main Street, High Point, NC 27260, USA

#4 of 10 hotels in High Point

Great place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff were very, very accommodating to our church group. They found us parking and the rates were super low for the four star hotel. GREATFUL......

Staff and price. Location wasn't bad either.

Proximity to HPU!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Needs to be updated! Not real clean when we arrived! It was comfortable, but seemed more like motel quality. Expected a little more.

Proximity to HPU! Staff was very friendly!

A great nights sleep

The property could use some maintenance, but no complaints with cleanliness.

The bed was fantastic. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

Excellent stay, great staff!

There was nothing that I didn't like

As soon as I walked in, we were greeting by Kim at the front desk. This was the late afternoon/evening shift. Kim was extremely helpful and very kind. Of all the things that your hotel has to offer including the cleanliness, and how comfortable the bed was, Kim was my favorite part of the experience. Please tell her Thank you, for making things so easy and being so friendly!

We love the hotel we love the location the staff was wonderful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There’s nothing I can say that we did not like

We really love the friendliness of the staff we love the The clean rooms we also love the swimming pool we also love the fact that no one could come in or out without a key Clean towels clean linen

Great location and very cozy.

The hallway carpets and wall paper was dingy. Soon as that is fixed this hotel would be a 10.

The room was nice, spacious, and very comfortable. The bed slept very well.

Weekend getaway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was out of order so my kids where upset. They didn't inform me when I arrived. However it was still a marvelous stay!

It was beautifully decorated. The employees greeted us with smiles on arrival. They where also very helpful.

Ok for one night for the rate but I’d rather spend more to be in a cleaner more up to do hotel

Needs updated/ remodel

This hotel has changed over several times in the past 4 years. It really could use a remodel to freshen up the place - new carpets n decor.

Fair visit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room had not been thoroughly cleaned. My roommate's bed had some bugs in it when the covers were turned back. I was not told that I was to get a parking pass like the rest of the group got therefore my card was charged an additional $6 for parking.

Property was great management at front desk was unapologetic...

Property was great management at front desk was unapologetic that they DJ’s not combine my reservations resulting in me loosing my second reservation and being without a room in the busiest time of year. Very unprofessional employees and did not care at all about my situation even though it was 100% there fault. Booking.com did come to the rescue and find me a new place and paid the difference!! I will always use Booking.com for all travel!!

Nice hotel. Staff very nice and helpful. Kim checked us in and out. Very pleasant.

The mini fridge was not cleaned. Ice cream left in freezer. Coffee pot not cleaned. Used coffee pod left inside. No regular sugar or stirrers found.

We were looking for a place that had a restaurant and bar so we did not have to leave the hotel at night. Restaurant was closed but bar was open and we ate there

Great Staff but the rooms are old and in need of renovation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lobby is very nice including the bar and restaurant but the rooms need to be redone, they are worn out.

The staff was excellent especially the people who checked us in, they called to follow up with us after we got into the room and moved us when we were not satisfied, they were understanding and caring. The location is great for visiting HPU.

Arrived thinking I reserved double and was told they only...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Arrived thinking I reserved double and was told they only had King rooms left. Has to sleep on a cot that was absolutely horrible. Front desk clerk not very nice. Promised breakfast passes that never came. Tool much too long to get. Drink in the bar. Bartender not very nice. Staff said hotel was sold days earlier to Red Lion Group.

Overall, good place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking garage has an unusually low clearance. If you have a car or compact SUV, you will be fine. However, if you have a standard size SUV like a Suburban, you will not be able to get into the parking garage.

The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The air-conditioning was difficult to regulate.

We’ll be back.

The air condition in the room didn’t work. Only warm air coming out but just turned it off and were fine.

My 16yr old daughter and I enjoyed our stay at The Raddison. It was an older hotel but had been remodeled. The staff was very friendly. Location was great!

Great Stay!

The only negative I have is that I wish the beds were a bit softer.

I stayed at the hotel for one night with my fiance and we had a great time. We walked in and the atmosphere was phenomenal. The room was far better than we expected, clean, remarkably organized, and well stocked. We even tried out the indoor pool and it was the perfect temperature. I recommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning again.

Bad as it gets!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning did not work. Rooms humid and stuffy. Mold in the bathroom. Hotel smelled musty and was poorly kept. Parking garage in poor condition and felt unsafe.

My Home Away From Home.

Parking was $6.00 per day but at least it was part of the account with the hotel. You get a parking pass to show the parking deck attendant so you don't have to pay the parking deck attendant directly.

Peaceful downtown location right on Main Street that made it easy to get to. Covered parking deck right next door with easy access to the hotel. I feel safe here and that is hard to find for a woman traveling alone!

We will be back

No breakfast included.

The hotel was very close to High Point University. The room was nice. Not super clean and it didn't have breakfast included - two drawbacks - but we will stay there again. The staff was very friendly during check in and greeted us every time we entered the building.

It’s become a holiday family tradition to stay at high point...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It’s become a holiday family tradition to stay at high point radisson. The indoor heated pool was a great way to relax after the stress of the holidays. The staff and parking garage attendant were courteous and friendly.

The room I was assigned was not made, the drain backs up ...

The room I was assigned was not made, the drain backs up when you shower and the air system was not working properly therefore my room was super hot and very uncomfortable The restaurant was not the best

Housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:30am to see if we had...

Housekeeping knocked on the door at 9:30am to see if we had checked out yet, then around 10:00am a different housekeeper came knocking asking the same question. It was extremely disturbing, given the fact that we checked into the room at 3am.

Decent, though overpriced for age.

Paid parking. Room wasn't that great and no microwave in king room. Elevator was a little sketch. Shower didn't adjust. Heat/a.c. unit didn't seem to be working properly. Wasnt the cleanest room - chaise lounge had stains on it. Also there was a spill in main lobby nobody got up for hours, instead they just put up a wet sign thing. Floor was also wet through main lobby due to pool being adjacent to it. Poor design. To get into hotel from parking garage you had to go to bottom floor of garage first.

Nice bed. Nice pillows. Decent size fridge. Tv had good picture and sound. Window opened. Decent view of the city. Plenty of toiletries as well as rags and towels. Nice office area. Chaise lounge in the room was major plus. No odor in room. Convenient location to downtown. Staff was friendly and professional. Bar and pub downstairs with a good vibe. Rooms are still connected next to you which is good when renting several rooms.

The front desk staff is great.

The service in the pub was very poor. They don't have the pub open all the time so the food and beverage service is iffy. The pool was COLD.

The front desk staff is great.

This hotel was dated 20 years ago.

This hotel was dated 20 years ago. Needs a lot of updates. Room smelled of mold. AC was noisy. Shower grout dirty. Cable TV basic and bad reception. Bad breakfast. The only good thing is the location and while that should be enough it isn’t.

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heat didn’t work in the room. There were used bathroom product samples in the bathroom. The wallpaper was dingy. The wash cloth was raggedy & torn. The bathtub interior was peeling. The sheets were dirty, & there was hair on them.

The lobby was the only attractive part of the hotel. The parking fee was pretty cheap.

I found bugs in my bed and have bite marks on my arm.

I found bugs in my bed and have bite marks on my arm. I immediately cancelled the second night of my reservation and I will NEVER stay at another Raddison Hotel.

Staff was horrible, had to wait 30+ minutes to check in...

Staff was horrible, had to wait 30+ minutes to check in because there was only 1 girl working the desk who seemed like she was new. Also when we ordered room service it took 20 minutes to get someone on the phone to place the order. Disappointing stay to say the least.

Our stay was fantastic and the staff was very professional.

Our stay was fantastic and the staff was very professional. When considering this hotel, which I recommend, remember to add around $6.00 to the total to park in the parking deck.

Staff should make sure rooms are completely ready before assigning them to guest.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

once i arrived to my room my beds were not made. room was covered with alcoholic beverages. The front desk clerk was very reluctant but she gave me another room and got their went to take a shower and no shower curtain. i went down the next morning saw another desk clerk whom was rude when i asked for a shower curtain . i ask to speak to mangement and he came out i explain my first 12hrs on the property and he was willing to accomodate. Manger their in High point was very professional and i would like to thank him again. Fire them lazy asses that worked the 5th floor on the dates of July 13-16th. My room no. was 534

i really like the view from the outside , the entrance look.

Never Again

It smell like mildew floor sticky ants blood on pillow case comforter dirty I wouldn't let my dog stay there bathroom dirty had to clean myself

Wonderful Staff!

The hotel staff(Shakira) were Amazing! They were very friendly and accommodating. The bathroom toilet in my room ran the entire time that we were there. I was too tired to call and ask for another room therefore, I simply closed the bathroom door so that I wouldn't here it.

Nice hotel with terrible staff

The staff at the dining room for the US Army 113th Field Artillery 100 year Ball Muster was terrible. My wife was never brought a plate after the waiter stated 3 times that he would return with her plate (she is a vegetarian). She did not get to eat, nor did I as I suffered with her and did not eat my plate.

The room was fine.

this place it's in the middle of nowhere.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

this place it's in the middle of nowhere. you need to drive quite a bit in order to have a nice meal or a good cup of coffee. it's a safe place but it looks a little scaring.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

rude staff!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff could be more polite. It was so hard to communicate with them, they were so irresponsive, not welcoming, not helpful. Hotel needs a serious improvement on hospitality culture. Before booking, we relied on "Radisson" name, but total disappointment.

beds are comfortable

Hotel was OK, good price per night, but lacking compared to other hotels in the same price range.

No microwave. No free parking (except on the street) No free breakfast (they do have a restaurant, $ 12.00 per person for a buffet

The room itself was fine

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Gross

For the busiest week in High Point the hotel was understaffed. Chaotic! Just two people checking people in and taking luggage. This shouldn't be a new experience for this hotel. Room smelled like smoke! Recently renovated but what was up with that wall right when you walk in. Dirt in the shower prior to using it. Restaurant and bar smelled like it hadn't been cleaned or sanitized ever! The food was poor. Need to tear down the hotel and start over. Elevators were 35 years old. Parking garage was tiny and poorly operated and maintained. Never receive receipt under front door. Had to get printed at front desk. For $200/night all of this should be better.

Convenient to the market and my necessary facilities.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Some what happy

I didn't like that there was no microwave in the room. When I had left over food from the restaurant, I had no way of heating it up. 😟

I like that there was a refrigerator in the room. I also like that there was a pool. Knowing that the Amtrak is in walking distance I might book.

Location, Location, Location!!

The air conditioning could have been cooler.

Location to business event; very kind and attentive staff in all facilities; very accommodating to make sure hotel guests received priority over others just passing through or attending the local business event.

If you're desperate to stay in High Point, it's the only option. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

No free breakfast, bleach stains all on the carpets in the halls, room service coming at 3 pm, no laundry facilities, no free parking for the price you pay, the A.C. did not work. Apparently they were having issues with their chiller... that's not ok when I paid $439 for 3 nights not including parking. This was my first time at a raddison and it will probably be my last based on this experience. Also, what bar closes at 10? Their hotel bar closes at 10.... why? That is way too early.

The room was nice. Staff was great also.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Happy with staff, need more insulation in walls and quieter closing doors

The girl staying in next room, slamming doors, cussing at whoever she was talking to on phone, kept me up until 2 a.m. 3 nights in a row. 😣😡😢,some of us actually work for a living!

Comfortable Beds. Clean Room. Noisy neighbors

For This Price You Could At Least Have Complimentary Breakfast.

For the price you didn't get a free Breakfast. I was told the only way to get breakfast was in a booking package, I've never heard of that before and didn't like it. The smoking area was much too close to the doors. When walking into the building you walk into a bunch of people smoking! ugh!

The layout of the rooms was really nice.

Be sure to get a room that has already undergone renovation

The building was under renovation and we were put on a floor that had yet to be renovated. The rugs were filthy throughout. The room was clean on the surface but the tub was grimy and the baseboards, etc. were very dusty and dirty.

The food at the restaurant was very good.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

I've found my spot.

The staff was great. I had dinner in the bar and the food and margaritas were top notch. Bartenders were very friendly. A great place to unwind without having to leave the property.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Check in was quick and painless, close to high point...

The room had a funny odor, and the part of town was under construction, but was not noisy at all.

Check in was quick and painless, close to high point university and exit to highway

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Nice place, reasonably priced

The TV in the room was old and some of the stations came in very fuzzy. Anyone who currently watches an HD TV will be very disappointed by the reception. One of my usual gripes about staying in hotels also existed in this one: The bed had a single heavy comforter on it, and if it is too heavy and hot (as it was for me) there was no lighter blanket in the room that I could use instead.

The location of the hotel was convenient for out-of-towners shopping at Furnitureland South and was very good value for the money. Overall the property is attractive, clean, and well maintained for its age.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

The High Point Radison: A reason to travel😃

Everything was nice.

I liked the soft bed, the clean bathroom and the freshness of the room. I also liked the Pub 135. Great prices!!! Parking was also a plus.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Wedding week-end.

No breakfast! We travel a lot and are use to having at least a continental breakfast. We were in town for our daughter's wedding which was only a couple blocks away. On a Saturday or Sunday morning, we didn 't have any choice except an overpriced hotel restaurant.

The bed was comfy and large!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

5.5
    Poorly run facility
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff attitude and lack of sleep due to yelling and broken bottles thrown on the floors.included photo below of drunks in lobby not even staying at hotel.

Staff allowed drunk party goers to wander halls till 5 am screaming and yelling all night long.could not get any sleep and.had to drive 8 hours home. I was totally disgusted with staffs explanation. Will never use that place for work travel nor will any of our staff.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Everything you want in a hotel stay!

Fat free cookies (just kidding!)

Great Chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. Coffee available (with raw sugar). Staff was friendly. Travel bags with a water and an apple and snack! Clean, quiet, parking, good price and location and hot breakfast. Checked all the boxes and plus.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Pretty good overall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

People sitting out in the parking lot around 12 midnight on the outside I guess there was a bar near the entrance but people just hanging out there didn't care to much for that

Nice area rooms were nice and quite

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Horrid stay...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was rude and robotic. Looks like they don't like their job or where in a bad mood for some reason. No mention of the amenities and their location unless we ask and they where vague about it. Air conditioner didn't work and Internet had a code and they fail to give us the correct one. Bathroom tub was dirty..

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Shabby, but fantastic and friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not enough coffee packets in the room for two guests--there was only one. Terrible staining of carpets in hallways very offputting.

Room was clean and nicely outfitted.

the room had trash on the floor when we checked, and they...
    • Double Room - Disability Access

the room had trash on the floor when we checked, and they didn't even clean our room until we talked to the front desk about it

Location to Highpoint Market all the staff were very nice...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was stuck in the 1970’s the breakfast was awful.

Location to Highpoint Market all the staff were very nice polite and helpful

All the staff and management are the BEST!

All the staff and management are the BEST!!

The rooms need a refresh and the bathrooms need a gut rehab.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms need a refresh and the bathrooms need a gut rehab.

Horrible breakfast.

Horrible breakfast. Rooms were not cleaned well. Beds are small.

Tammy at front desk was very friendly and helpful

Tammy at front desk was very friendly and helpful

family emergency nice price for the room

I didn't like that you had to pay for parking

The ladies at the front seat were really nice.

Not as clean and up to date in rooms as described and...

Not as clean and up to date in rooms as described and reviewed

Excelent

air conditioner machine very noise

clean

okay place but cleanliness was lacking.

Bathroom was dirty

The convienence to the furniture market
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

You have to pay for parking

The convienence to the furniture market

It was GREAT!

The pillows on the bed were super nice! Check in and check out was awesome!

It was an excellent experience!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

That there was no hot tub. :(

The bed was awesome! The kids enjoyed the pool. We had a great time!

Water pressure in bathroom was amazing.

Bed was not comfortable.

Water pressure in bathroom was amazing.

4.0
    the dirtiness clean the hotel from top to bottom

the dirtiness clean the hotel from top to bottom

I will never stay there again. The lower budget hotel isn't worth the savings

The room air conditioner did not work. Was very uncomfortable . Had 2 rooms and both were the same. Would not cool.

Front desk lady was extremely nice and helpful. Young male waiter in cafe was excellent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dreary and older, parking garage felt dirty and sketchy

Onsite restaurant.

Onsite restaurant. Onsite bar.

Would not recommend

The hotel was smelly and dirty

The bed and the pillows were amazing

I don’t like that you have to pay for parking. Couldn’t get the WiFi to work. The heat wasmt working.

The bed and the pillows were amazing