Reviews of Travelodge Inn & Suites by Wyndham San Antonio Airport 2 stars

2383 North East Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78217, USA

#117 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

I caught the cleaning people going through my daughter’s luggage and management did absolutely nothing about it. The rest room smelled like urine really bad. The lock on the door was broken

Cooking area

Only one way to get to it if you passed the small hidden sign you have to circle back around.

I loved just about everything else about the place. The staff the layout and the extras.

Internet didn't work in my room the 3 day 2 night's l was there. Promised new room and mever got it

The room was beautiful very rustic looking

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

A/C issues and jacuzzi not working

The way it felt like camp lol Staff was wonderful despite little issues. The kids loved it. I would definitely come back.

We had trouble with opening the door. Apparently the handle wasn’t working properly so, we had to pull handle up and turn. That wasn’t too much of an issue. The main issue was the air condition in our room was not working properly. The bed wasn’t comfortable in my opinion; my back was achy😞 and just an FYI: I’m not a picky person when it comes to hotels. I’m satisfied as long as my room is clean and I get a good nights sleep.

I liked the cabin feel of the room and it was close to the airport which was a big plus. The room is equipped with burners to cook on and a sink to wash dishes. Also has a mini fridge. The room as far a the bed and sofa bed were clean.

We really liked the wooden cabin feeling of the extensive room, the deck and the large pool. I also appreciated that late one night when I was organizing things in our rental car, the desk-clerk bothered to come out so as to insure everything was on the up-n-up.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We had A/C problems but Manisha did take care of us on check out. Overall I really enjoy this facility.

The rooms, access to higway, and parking lot was shady. The heat in San Antonio is brutal in the summer

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was in bad shape. Area of town wasn’t a very good one. The hot tub and second pool closed were closed down, we had to move rooms after checking in because none of the tv’s worked (I had messaged the staff and they told me they were going to give me the best possible room), the room looked like someone ran in and quickly picked stuff up and left, one pillow on one of the beds, half of the lights didn’t work, found two silverfish crawling in the bed, the people staying in the room next door had bowls of cat food on the porch and there were cats everywhere. Not the nice quiet and relaxing room we were told we would be getting.

The staff was nice and we ended up paying a little less than what I reserved it for.

smell

awefull experience!!! our room smelled of smoke. We thought we were in a bar!just terrible!! Toilet was not set correctly, someone could have gotten hurt, as it was not set properly!! WE were moved to another room the next morning, which was better , I guess. No smoke smell. I was reimbursed a whopping $25.00 out of what was previously paid ,which was $184.00 wow what a discount. never again!

To start fumigate the place so the roaches you company, fix the entry door handle so the key card works the first time you use it and put a new toilet seat so when you seat on it it doesn't move around.

I booked this hotel because I was told the breakfast was really good. There are no eggs, bad coffee and all they had was cereal and waffles. Out of 10 I would give them a 4.

The darkness around the parking lot. Needs more lights.

The receptionist was very kind to select my room infront of the playground because i had kids. She was was very helpful. Loved the playground and the pool it had two separate section of 1ft and 3ft perfect for my toddler and preschooler. Enjoyed that the room each have chairs to sit outside of also that they have grills and the cabana. The room also had 2 tvs my kids got to watch and play in the sitting area while me and my husband watched movies on the other tv

tons of kids in the pool but it was Memorial Day weekend so there were lots of families with little ones

very retro but well-done so it felt more like an apartment than a hotel

Needed extra pillows and they didn't have any also the air condition in the room was underpowered room was very small porch light was also burnt out

The room was small but kind of cozy with wood trim everywhere at check in the staff were very helpful and very very friendly

breakfast was there, but slightly below par for continental breakfasts. if you enjoy waffles, you can make your own and can't go wrong with them. as far as the rest of it..... idk. all in all a good stay and would stay again for the third time.

Pool was big and decently clean. Saw the pool man come by and check levels and clean pool, but for some reason some of the pool skimmers are blocked off, limiting the cleaning to pool can do to itself. the smaller end pools seem to stay dirtier for this reason, but not overly dirty, just more leaves.

The room we had was right between pool and the playground. I found the place to be very family friendly. The room was clean, they came in and made our beds and cleaned the room for us while we were there. Did not see any bugs so that was a plus because it literally is cabin like and I was afraid of seeing bugs. There was a mini fridge and microwave in every room. If you prefer a kitchenette Mae sure to request. Keep in mind the motel is an Extended Stay.

Pool was dirty,cold and the filter was not turned on. Hot tub was not there. Air conditioner didn't work on continuous fan but did get cold. Early may is not the time to go if you want to swim.

Waffles were great

We didn’t have Internet connection the first day because of poor signal. Then we requested another room.

The Staff was very nice and gave us a different room after request.

Noisy neighbours.

The staff were exceptionally friendly when we arrived and gave us tips of what to do in the area. Big rooms and good value for money.

The room was very outdated and shabby. Dusty floors and many marks on walls and doors.The equipment was old.

The bed was comfortable.Breakfast room was clean and food ok.

Asked them to clean the room like change the sheets and throw trash bags but they didn't

Everything was good overall everything was comfortable and cozy would stay again pretty soon

The staff was very friendly. The room was clean, and nice to have a small living room area. Got a microwave and a mini fridge, which was nice. The only bad thing I would say is that I can smell the toilet. But overall clean, worth for what we paid for. Nothing much around the area at night.

Rooms were really nice our first room has a small stove but we had to ens up moving because the air conditioning wants working properly an the phone wouldn't work. They dound is another room but that one had so stove. But still happy with the rooms

I have stayed many times over the years. It seem the rooms and service has declined a little. It's always had a good location. But this stay. The front desk wasn't really rude but wasn't polite either. The room had a crack in the tub the smoke detecter base and wiring were on the counter 1 roll of tp, and the holder was missing..coke machines were down, had to walk to oofice the rooms have always be clean and quite that's why I stay here. Just a little different this time

We were preassigned a room near pool as requested. We arrived after 6 pm. The clerk tried to assign us another room in the back because he wasn't sure if room assigned was clean. My thought was that it is after 6pm and I would think all rooms used the previous day would be clean by this time. We managed to keep out room and we were happy.

It is fairly quiet and Kid friendly. Has longer breakfast hours

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

1) the swimming pool was dirty 2) the jacuzzi, that I had to find was "out of order" 3) I asked for more pillows - I had a king size bed with only 2 pillows - I wanted at least 4, the front desk said they did not have any extra and they were booked !!! - there were sooooooooooo many what looked liked vacant rooms???? Still no pillows 4) when I went to get coffee from the maker there's small roaches !!!

At first glance, the room was "okay" - definitely not the 8.5 rating posted in the reception. I noticed a small roach on the tub followed by numerous other roaches (all small so it wasn't a Texas waterbug). Some were dead but most were crawling. Tried calling the reception for a room change but they never answered. Our flight was at 0500 and we were exhausted, so we decided to stay. At 0400 I was awaken by a bug crawling on my arm (took photos for the manager) who I was never able to reach. I finally spoke to an employee who promised I'd receive a phone call (hoping for a refund)....but never got one. We travel a lot both in the US and abroad and I have never had this type of experience. Unacceptable conditions and quality control. There were food wrappings from previous guests and a pile of dirt next to my bed. The lack of management's follow-up was extremely disappointing. I checked Hot wire and found numerous other comparable priced places ($78) to see if I missed something - but I will NEVER stay at a Travel Lodge again! Stay Away!

The location was good being close to the airport.

The hot tub advertised online was out of service, several fountains were not working and it doesn't look very good.

Cleaningness was good overall, great for the price compared to other hotels at this price range. Very spacious.

The cabin like rooms were so comfy and my daughter liked the pool. Beds were comfortable and plenty of hot water. Will be using this hotel in future stays :)

The first room they gave us had duct tape covering up holes in the bathtub and tears in the floor. When I let the front desk (her name was Jessica) and asked for another room she reluctantly offered to let me see another room. The room was better, but the bedding was dusty. They offered free wi-fi in which the first 3 days didn't work. Breakfast is offered 5am-9am M-F and til 10am on weekends. Pool was not clean (lots of leaves...and such).

Housekeeping was very friendly and accommodating.

Broken hot tub Lights out at the hot tub

Everything was great. Check in was easy. Location was great by the playground. Just wished the hot tub closest to the playground was working! The lights were out at the other hot tub at the end of the property and the bubbles did not work. But was a great expierence overall.

If you put the key card anywhere close to a phone, you won't be able to use it. I accidently did it twice. But the staff were able to fix it every time. Just a small inconvience.

Nice staff and room.

Appearance outside needs to be maintained on cleaness ..one hot tub was not working .the other one was hot but the jets were out tons of leaves ..the ac was not working properly kept shutting down ...the water ponds outside were broken ..the iron kept leaking when i was ironlng..Wi fi never worked other guest complained as well..Needs lots of repairs on outside image ...Rooms were clean no bugs

Family oriented. Big pool lots of potential to be a great place but seems as if they are letting the place go on repairs and outside apperance

Continental breakfast does not include sausage or eggs, just waffles, cereal etc.

The rooms look like cabins with a rustic flair. It's an older property that is kept up nicely. The kids loved the playground and there's outdoor bbq grills. There's two TV's...one in the front den area (fold-out sofa-bed) and another in the bedroom area.

Obvious stains around door frames and baseboards. Poor lighting Intermittent TV reception. No local channels

Roominess, Two TV's, Small Fridge, Wi-Fi (Not advertised but there).

Had two rooms total for two nights. Had needed sheet sets and pillows for the fold out beds and wasn't notified till after booking extra room for kids that there were none available. Pull out sofas were dirty in both rooms. Heated pool was not functioning. Cabana bathrooms were disgusting. Vomit in woman restroom and no toilet paper in men's. Very disappointed in this trip we love this property but this trip was disappointing. We usually spend wkends here for the ammentites. But this trip was awful.

Rooms were very clean and staff was amazing. Beautiful property! Was proposed to here and it was a magical experience. Decent breakfast spread. My kid enjoyed the playground as my fiance and I enjoyed the heated pool and the hot tub in the back. Will always return to this place absolutely loved it!

Would like some eggs for breakfast..

Everything was great loved the cabin room with a very big beautiful swimming pool, although the location is on the older side of San Antonio we still had a great time and the price was reasonable. We travel with 5 other family member and we all got our rooms near each other, no problem great place, surely will be back!!

What a surprise to find a sitting room with a couch and TV in addition to the bedroom with a second TV. The playground was great for my grandson, such a nice addition to the trip. I always love a free breakfast especially with Texas-shaped waffles!

Large piles of dog poop around playground and walk-ways. A/C wasn't on in room when arrived.

Staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was nice. Pool and playground were huge.

We liked the fact that the rooms look like cabins. The rooms we stayed at were clean. Very good choice for the price, weve stayed twice already and my kids have enjoyed it.

Sketchy business.. Evidently extended my stay for 3 days after telling me I had been "comp'd" 2 days - My mistake for not asking why, but I assumed it was because of Hurricane Harvey. I got there right after midnight on the 20th, so technically the 21st, but Regardless the reservation was from the 20th-27th, which I booked directly through TravelLodge. I'm not sure how these additional days the 26-30th were charged to my account when I haven't even been near my computer. It has been unplugged and in my car. So.. "comp'd" means charged for days you weren't even there and for days that were added without your consent to your original reservation. He gave me the wrong address, the wrong email, obviously the correct phone number because he called me on it and obviously the correct last 4 digits of my credit card which they charged at their own discretion. This is fraud. This is Bologna, for lack of a more inappropriate term.

It could use some updating. It wasn't horrible but things like my couch were very old and probably should be replaced. The beds were not very comfortable.

The pool area was nice. I like that it didn't feel like a hotel.

I spotted 2 cockroaches in our room which grossed me out.

Overall our stay was nice, room was clean and front desk personnel were professional and helpful!

No sausagefor breakfast, coackroach in the first room assign, big big inconvenience to get moved to another room, bathtub wouldn't drain probably, have stayed there for many years, overall worst stay

Pool. Family atmosphere

Hotel property was not well maintained (beer bottle caps, cigarette butts, trash) so we did not feel confident in allowing our children and grandchildren in the play area. The BBQ pavilion was okay except that the wooden stairs had splintered and the wooden tables were wobbly. Didn't feel safe for the children. Loud music from some patrons disturbed the night, some music was profane. Spoke to hotel employee and he said that there was nothing he could do. Air conditioning was substandard; had to buy an extra fan to be comfortable. Even after several calls to front desk, no one was available to help us, not even to offer additional box fan. Mini fridge was extra small and not sufficient. Toilets were dirty and smelly before we even walked in.

Parking lot was close enough to our room. We were allowed a later check-out time. The pool was in decent shape, enjoyed the colored lights at night.

Loved the cabin looking style. The room was super clean. The kids enjoyed the pool. We really enjoyed our stay. We plan on coming back and stay there again. ❤️❤️❤️

Couldn't get wifi to work but that turned out to be great because the kids spent more time talking to us than playing on their devices. Put if you really need to get online you could in the main lobby.

Friendly staff, meet my request for a room by the pool because I had children with me. Easy in and out of the parking lot. Country style atmosphere. We loved it.

It could use some repairs. Some of the electrical outlets needed replacing and there were a few gaps in the flooring.

It was close to everything. It was great to walk out of your room and be outside with a porch. No long hallways, stairs or elevators. The pool and hot tub was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay.

My only complaint was the bathroom smelled really strong like urine.

The front desk employees were friendly and polite. The room was spacious for 3 people and a crawling baby! The complentaty breakfast was nice having before starting our fun filled day.

We would stay here again. It was a nice place with friendly staff! Pool was clean and breakfast was delicious. Our room was spacious and even though a little dated it was very clean.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Trash cans at the pool were not picked up daily, in pics showed a handicap chair lift but was not charged up to be used. I am a amputee and needed help getting out of the pool.

Beds were very comfy, lots of space in the room. Love the large pool.

I loved how my children had so much fun playing because we were placed by the pool and playground. I believe we were placed near there because the hotel knew we had children and their ages!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

There were a lot of cockroaches... I was not comfortable because of that. When we woke up there were some on the bed...made us sick.. restrooms had lots of cockroaches & towels had them too.. We will NEVER stay there again..

Pool

The rooms could use a facelift. Bathroom extremely small and toilet looked like it was sinking into the floor. Bathtub has seen its better days. But it served it purpose well. It's not the ritz but you're not paying for those types of accommodations and know that when you're booking.

Good location but a little hard to get to. Cute porch to sit. Very, very nice pool area and play area for kids. Nice laundry area (if you're forced to do laundry on vacation). 😉

The wifi service was not very reliable and the initial username they provided me didn't work after the first day. The second day they changed the username and password, but the password didn't work. I had to leave to find a Starbucks to finish my work.

It was very convenient and clean. The room was a little dated, but certainly very good for the money. I was there for longer than I am usually in town and was happy to have laundry facility available. I also appreciated that breakfast was prepared by 5 am; since I had to leave early each morning.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The bed area had its own tv but in addition there was a Separate area for watching tv with a couch, refrigerator. Awesome!! Also easy access to freeway!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Very thing else was good, coffee pot, microwave, and really comfortable. Enjoyed our stay.

The bathroom was handicapped but had No place to hold shampoo nor soap bar ☹️.. otherwise it was great 👍.

I had to leave! Wish I could've stayed longer.

The room was nice didn't expect for it to be so nice and homey for the price. Paola the front desk clerk was very nice and informative.

Location is horrible, not comfortable, doesn't feel safe

There were dead roaches in the room, floor boards uneven and porch floor rotten and uneven, small bathroom, hard to get in and out of, uncomfortable bed and pillows. People drinking outside, looked like I was walking through a rough neighborhood. Did t feel safe or comfortable.

Coffee at breakfast and in the room.

Very large room with sofa area and good firm beds. Pool is clean. Large Barbeque grills were in use. Families will get a lot of use of the facilities. The room interior is simple with lodge like feel. Lots of TV channels! For the money and location North 410 loop, I can't say enough.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Everything. First they gave a room to my family that did not have working air condition or wifi. After settling in they moved them to another room as they could not fix the problem. Then they screw up the check out and make them check out a day early and wouldnt accommodate at all. This is a horrible place to stay no customer service and they not aware of they're rooms being in bad condition and if they are then they just dont care which wouldn't surprise me as they were rude and not very helpful

Nothing to like!!!! Not sure why they rating this 2.5 for me it should honestly be a 1 star.

Facility is worn, tile grout is dirty, some mold in bathroom, walls were dusty, sofa was worn and fabric was not cleaned. Breakfast was bare bones.

Bed was better than the Hampton we stayed in the night before, but not as nice as the Hampton the night after. Mediocre would describe it. The property was a throwback to a different time and the concept was neat, but really needs a good scrubbing and replacement program.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

I loved this hotel it felt very homey the pool and playground was clean and fun. Beds were very comfortable the room was very spacious I would highly recommend this hotel to others

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Bring your own pillows! Old flooring in bathroom smells bad. Sinks need to be replaced as do ragged drapes. Staff tell us rooms are being renovated from back of property to front, so ask for a renovated room.

Rustic large rooms, huge warmed pool, playground,bbq grills throughout make this a great family location.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Floor was filthy(see pic), hard bed, no hot water, no smoke alarm, faulty air conditioner,one TV was non functional, and there was a room service menu on the night stand but when I called I was told they didn't offer room service. The desk clerk was very rude when I asked why the menu was in my room. Also, my reservation was for a king bed and I got a room with 2 queens.

More amenities than I expected, cute rooms but they could use some refurbishing.

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness of the restroom and walls of the room. The room had a smell that should have been caught by staff.

The living room area was separated from the bedroom area

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

When booking please tell them to put ac on so when u get there it won't be soo hot we got there at 3 turned ac on and at 11 had to leave to a place with ac cause it was soo hot in room it didn't Kool down till next morning told clerk and they never got back to us I had to clean the filters which were full of dirt our bathroom plank floor was lifting I got a splinter

The pool and hot tub awesome scenery cute cabin look loved the porch

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

There was nothing I didn't like

Loved the atmosphere. The coziness of the room. The staff was very curtious. The outside and inside was clean. It was quite.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

This was my second stay. This time around was not pleasant. The room we had was very dirty. Floors and bathroom was beyond filthy.

The only thing i like is the two separate rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The kitchette rooms do not come with anything to cook with so bring your own.

The rooms were very homey. I loved that they had a porch and a playground for the kids.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

Fountain that has been not working since last year , people out side drinking beer at 8 am, ac not working real well, and front desk manager that say they will have info for you but never say anything else in 3days. We wanted more info on discount tickets to sea world and was told by two people one who said she was manager that they would get info to me,but never did.

Decent size room

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

could have been cleaner, most of the furniture is not maintained , torn upholstery & very small washrooms.

Value for money,location , setup of the hotel (more like a resort), staff

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

The hotel grounds were clean but the actual room needed to be deeply cleaned and updated sinks...tub, microwave...furniture (couch) was dirty and soiled..The floors/baseboards needed scrubbing..

I truly liked the set-up of the hotel...The 2 TV's truly were ideal...The Customer Service was Excellent and Maintenance workers went above and beyond their jobs...Thank you Overall OUR Vacation was memorable and Enjoyable!!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Smells in the rooms without AC. shower curtain stinks since it's made with cloth. Bedsheet had white stain. Horrible internet connection.

Cable and TV. AC. Hot and cold water for shower.

bathroom smelled, tiny pillows, breakfast wasn’t too great . people around hotel seemed like bad area

Pool, size of room and friendliness of staff