Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Niantic Near Casinos 3 stars

239 Flanders Road, Niantic, CT 06357, USA

#5 of 7 hotels in Niantic

5.9

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Pretty decent place to stay if you have to

Breakfast could use a big improvement and if there was an elevator that would be great, had elderly people with me.

Was forced to come here even tho 150 mile detour because nothing was available in 3 different states, never seen anything like it in my life. I was scared from some of the reviews but the place was not bad, but $200 per room was expensive, but I had no choice. Internet worked. Rooms seemed clean though bathroom and curtains need updating.

Horrible!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Horrible!!! Right from the beginning all was disgusting and a disaster! -Pulled back fitted sheet and mattress pad had urine stains all over it. -Towels stained with yellow “whatever”. -Carpets filthy. -Food and food area appalling! -Food was old and stale. ***Staff (manager) did not seemed concerned at all! -Hallway so hot and hallway ac’s not working. All they did was blow warm, smelly air. -Black mold all around tub fixture. Bathroom was gross and unclean. -Storage door by breakfast area was left open and smelt like a municipal sewage plant! We were so upset and wanted to leave but rates were so high for last minute bookings that we were stuck in this filthy place! We realize that all will never be perfect no matter where you stay but this Days Inn at Wyndham should be shut down by the board of health. Absolutely shocking that they are allowed to do business. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and because of the condition of this hotel it nearly ruined what was suppose to be a wonderful weekend together. Not fit for animals! We thought booking.com could be trusted for an honest assessment of hotels. Never again will I trust booking.com’s ratings!

Pleasantly surprised

There was a musty odor in room.

Room was spacious. King g bed and pullout sofa. Microwave coffee pot and frig. Breakfast was plentiful and lots of seating and there was also a laundry

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The website said they had a fitness center. This is the reason we selected this hotel. They do not have a fitness center!!! Also, the do not have an elevator to the upper floors. When we were checking in, there was a couple complaining that their room smelled really bad and that the bed was wet. The general feel of the place was that the property wasn't well taken care of. There was a vent in the hallway on the second floor that was coming out of the wall. The place was dark and not inviting. It wasn't fresh or what I was expecting. When I stay at a hotel for enjoyment, I want it to seem like a nice, inviting place to stay. This place didn't fit the bill.

The location suited our travel plans

The mildew and paint peels made our stay very unpleasant.

Old building which requires painting and mildew removal. The mildew and old carpets with old wall paper is not worth this kind of money. We paid $177 w the tax! Unacceptable!

Comfortable mattress and AC working well.

Horrible

This hotel is so outdated! The drawers on the dressers didn’t close. The walls going upstairs are in a desperate need of cleaning and a paint job. The mirror in the bathroom had burnt marks on it. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It’s a total rip off for what we paid.

The check in staff was very nice.

the bed sucked, the food sucked, the pool was filthy, the...

read above we liked nothing

the bed sucked, the food sucked, the pool was filthy, the a/c didn't work they wanted to give us a fan, worst stay we ever had ,what a waste of money

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Not one of our better stays while on our trip. Won’t go there again.

The iron in the room leaked and didn’t work properly. It was replaced when I told the clerk. The breakfast on both days that we stayed there was not ready. When we went to eat the food was gone and the trays were empty. We got up early too. We went elsewhere to eat .

not a good experience

the breakfast was bad, spoiled milk no operating waffle maker no orange juice, stale cereal, we checked out and went to another motel. we were disappointed to say the least.

room was clean and neat

Great bed linens and pillows.

No elevator...traveling alone it was hard to get all luggage up the stairs. Other than that it was a great place to stay.

Great bed linens and pillows. Very nice. Place was very clean and staff was wonderful. I ran a B&B and service is the most important thing in my estimation. They get a 10 on service.

The pool...ugh!

The pool was very dirty, not fit for human enjoyment. We were very disappointed at that, but otherwise the hotel was ok. Just needs a little updating.

The staff and was the highlight of the trip. They were all very nice and helpful.

I don’t usually leave reviews, but this stay really upset me.

I don’t usually leave reviews, but this stay really upset me. I wasn’t looking for a five star experience but I feel like they don’t even try at this hotel. There was ‘no smoking’ at the hotel but the hallways smelled of cigarettes in multiple places at various times of the day. The cushioned toilet seats in the bathroom were gross and the outdoor swimming pool was greenish and the laundry facilities were broken. Please use your money and go somewhere else. I only stayed 1 night thank goodness and not far away, you will find cheaper options with much better facilities.

Not recommend! Gone downhill from last year

The bathroom and bed linens not changed. Husband and i left early couldn't reach anyone at desk with this issue

Location 20 minutes from Mohegan Sun quiet

It was okay for overnight, but I would not stay there again.

The lobby needed updating, as it was not very inviting. The room was ok, but nothing special for the price. It was adequate for a one night stay. The pool did not look clean and needed attention.

The hotel was set back off the roadway and was very quiet. The breakfast was adequate. The beds were ok.

DiD NOT MEET DAYS INN STANDARDS

Requested 2nd night canc. Mgr tried to bribe us by offering 20% discount to not write neg notes like this. Our projected bill was $285. they had audacity to charge $171 bc Sat > expensive. No worth $

difficult to state positives. No AC when arrived, hot room didnt cool until 2:am. Stairs only & 2nd flr accomm. wo elevator Breakfast: eggs were disgusting as were clump of Tatar tots and uncooked saus

The weekend staff (woman) was very friendly and works very...

The rooms smelled and walls were dirty. The pool was scary looking. This room sure was not worth my $220.00. I will not return.

The weekend staff (woman) was very friendly and works very hard. She set up breakfast, checked customers in/out. Tried cleaning the pool to the best of her ability with poor equipment. She deserves a raise. Worked a 14 hour shift while I was there and then right back the next morning, still smiling!

The place literally stinks.

The room had a horrible odor of cigarettes and urine. I informed the staff but nothing was done to remedy the situation. The bathroom had mold all around the shower head and also had a foul odor.

Overall it was good, however not having good internet service was a real problem.

The internet service did not work well. Breakfast was over before the allotted time.

Location is good for going to different places, like the casinos, and other attractions. Easy to find, very quiet.

Clean, quiet, friendly staff, location

Arm on chair was broken, bedside table light didn't work, spark came out of electrical outlet when we tried to plug in phone charger.

Clean, quiet, friendly staff, location

Look for someplace else
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was dark, depressing, staff was not present, facilities closed/not working

It was close to lots of different attractions, but not as close to casino as implied by the name

Proximity to Mohegan Sun.

It's an older hotel so the decor isn't the most up to date, but that was expected.

Proximity to Mohegan Sun. Staff was very friendly and helpful!

Won’t stay again.

The ice machine was broken. Breakfast was ok, I expected a little more based on prior stays at other hotels. Beds were uncomfortable, they were very hard. Very noisy. Is in need of updating. TV was fuzzy on all channels. Won’t stay there again.

The staff was very friendly

I will never go back to that hotel and I won't be recommending it to anyone
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The toothbrush and toothpaste left in the bathroom which leads me to believe it wasn't cleaned properly and there was no remote to the tv. The popcorn ceiling was pealing off the ceiling in big chunks badly in need of repairs. A staff member in the am was waking around in her pajamas and slippers. The breakfast was horrible!

It wasn't expensive

Lost power and I wanted to be refunded and Days Inn...

Lost power and I wanted to be refunded and Days Inn corporate said each hotel is managed independently and to discuss with the manager. I did and they only offered a small discount off next stay

Definitely made my trip all the more enjoyable with great recommendations to help in the area.

The toilet made a high pitched noise after flushing which went on for quite a while as did the shower.

I absolutely loved the bed, probably one of the most comfortable I have ever had, especially the pillows, divine. The location of the hotel is secluded and private in a picturesque setting. Great to be able to park outside the front door for free. Nice touches in the room, sofa, armchair,full fridge, microwave ,coffee machine. The complimentary breakfast was excellent even had a waffle maker and Douwe and Egbert coffee. The staff were helpful but did seem a little overworked as had to multi task so the desk was uncovered at times but clearly not their fault.

It was all really ok except only big puffy pillows were...

It was all really ok except only big puffy pillows were offered. You have to know by now, that those pillows are bad for your neck. It's really one of the most important elements. It ruenned the stay for us

Major dissatisfaction

Dirty, wallpaper missing , sink moldy,poor lighting, large bulky furniture in a small room,breakfast area stifling, coffee machine not working properly, major dissatisfaction- I have stayed in hotels 2-3 night per week for 35+ years- this was the worst ever

Location to a wedding and the front desk staff

Nice quite clean property.

I was only supposed to be there for 4 days but my flight home was cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey so I had to stay another day. The Management was very accommodating. I did not eat breakfast while I was there so I cannot comment on the food. The hotel was private and very quiet, the pool was clean, I enjoyed my stay there very much.

I liked that it was in a nice location.

I didn't like that there was no elevator and the pillows were to soft for me otherwise, it was very nice for our stay overnight.

I liked that it was in a nice location. They had a lot of choices for stores, restaurants and gas stations available. Very convenient to casinos and it is right off the highway.

we got what we paid for

I was told by matonence that I had to fix my own broken air conditioner. room needed a little up keep, saw employees passing some type of pill to each other in the hallway, the breakfast in the morning ran out so you got there early enough to make your own or you were out of breakfast.

the hotel served it's purpose, we needed a roof over our head and that's what we got.

Great variety of options for breakfast and everything was...

Couldn't take a bath, tub wouldn't hold water,stopper didn't work.

Great variety of options for breakfast and everything was replenished promptly.

Well, it IS near the casino.....

My first impression was based on a very small thing - the room key card - and if it wasn't echoed by the rest of my experience, I might have just figured it was an aberration, however, it was pretty telling. When the clerk handed me the room key card (just one, even though I was obviously there with my husband - we had to ask for a second key card) the key card was in a folder which was obviously used over and over again - it was worn , ripped, and had a coffee stain on it. This was the usual type of key card folder most hotels use, but on the outside of the folder, this is the first time I've ever seen that there would be a $3.00 charge for unreturned key cards. I found that kind of strange, especially for a Days Inn type of hotel. The hotel was very run down and in need of maintenance and updating. The hallways and rooms were dark and musty, the room we stayed in smelled very musty, so we had to run the AC the whole time for the room to be livable. While we were checking in, another guest came to the front desk asking for a different room because of a very strong odor of mold in their room. Lots of things were very run down and in disrepair; The only ice machine in the hotel had a hand written sign saying that it needed maintenance and didn't work, and to check back later. The clerk told us that it wasn't working, but maybe it would work later? On the plus side, the bedding seemed clean and acceptable, and the bed was comfortable. But, overall, I won't stay there again, even to be near the casino, (we were actually there for a family reunion, not for the casino) and would never recommend this hotel, especially for the cost of the rooms. Our two night stay cost just under $300., which seemed pretty pricey for the condition of the property.

It was close to Mohegan Sun Casino (20 min.).

A good value for the money.

The pool could use some work. Also the back door was propped open, which is not very secure. When reported to the manager he said he would take care of it.

The people who work there are very nice, there is free breakfast, a comfortable room, and a free beach pass! It is close to beaches and restaurants. It is a very good value especially because of the location.

Nope. Never again.

We had to change rooms because the first one reeked of mold and the bathroom was dirty - crusted urine on the seat and hairs everywhere. Our second room smelled better, but the bathroom was still not clean. The wallpaper was falling off, the glasses were dirty, and there was mold in the shower.

There was no nightlight in the bathroom or a clock in the...

There was no nightlight in the bathroom or a clock in the room. The outdoor pool had no lights at night and the breakfast was terrible. There was one yogurt in the fridge no fresh fruit and the only hot item offered was make your own waffle and of course you could toast a bagel. When we arrived housekeeping was folding sheets and towels in the lobby

A great value

You should be aware that the motel was off the main road even though it has an address on the main road.

This Motel was quiet and clean. The breakfast was good and included waffles as well as eggs, cereal, Bagels and sausages. We saw the motel had beach passes and they had their own pool.

Hotel lobby very outdated. Furniture in hotel & rooms very old and outdated as well as the curtains. Bed size was not a true king. The pool liner was hanging off one side of the pool.

Location. Easy to find. Staff very courteous & helpful. Most of all. Was clean inside and outside the property.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Deceiving pictures online!!

We were placed in a room at the very end of a hallway - when we entered the room, it smelled musty. The bathroom had stained ceiling, and badly peeling wallpaper! The bed - we could feel it was an old springy mattress - it was not comfortable at all, but we had arrived quite late (after a concert). Due to the time of our arrival we were tired, and did not want to bother the guy at the front desk.

I had made this reservation through booking.com and will use the site again, but will definitely check reviews on TripAdvisor first!! Thank you ~

It's okay

While my boyfriend was in the bathroom the fan fell out the ceiling and narrowly missed hitting him in his head. There were times the front desk was not maned with anyone

Value good

breakfast was mediocre at best

I especially appreciated the extra effort the front desk gave in contacting me by cell phone after I left to return a lost pillow my niece had left behind....so considerate!!!

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Not the best place I have stayed but I figure I got what I paid for, next time I will pay more

A hot shower. Toilet paper and tissues refilled

The bed was very used. The toilet paper ran out right after the maid left and we had to go get some. TV didn't have many selections. Got a cold shower.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Jule, our host, was fabulous.

House keeping staff needs to do a bette job making the bed. Bed linens should be better or at least less worn out.

Jule, our host, was fabulous. We really appreciated his attentiveness. Eggs were made from real eggs for our breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

One night stay

Bathroom could use some update/repair. It was clean so it suited us for one night.

Clean, safe, convenient to casino and mystic seaport. Free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Just fine.

The bed . The staff. The location for me was great.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Clean, food price, nice breakfast, excellent coffee!

This hotel needs updating in the worst way! Sink counter falling, wallpaper peeling.

Clean, food price, nice breakfast, excellent coffee!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

n/a

No Kleenex in room, better coffee fixings

Bed very comfortable. Breakfast was not served until 7"am/

Very poor hotel

Nothing dirty I want my money back

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Smelly

The room is old and had a bad smell that never went away

Parking

Felt safe and it was quiet

Needs a remodel. Shower water was lukewarm at 6am.

Felt safe and it was quiet

good place but a little upkeep to pool and better mattress would put this place over the top

bed not comfortable at all. had to clean the pool myself

liked the pool, nice and quiet

Friendly staff Clean rooms

Weird stain on toilet seat

Friendly staff Clean rooms

It was quiet and comfortable

Breakfast room to small

It was quiet and comfortable

Truckers stop over place

Room could have been cleaner room was not tidy up after first night

Stay at hotel was very poor. Check in time was at 3, room was not maintained and cleaned

Not cleaned

Disgusting... Room was not cleaned when arrived and beds were not made

Great value for a night away.

Broken ice machine. Ripped pillowcase. Hotel could use some tlc.

Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast.

The bed very comfortable and very clean .

The bed very comfortable and very clean ....

Very nice desk clerk, very helpful.

Older property, beds are OK.

Very nice desk clerk, very helpful.

I really enjoyed myself!

The location was very closed off.

Great Breakfast!! Very nice staff.

dated, dirty,hair in sink and counter that wasn't ours!

dated, dirty,hair in sink and counter that wasn't ours! Wallpaper dirty and ripped.

Staff was very nice and friendly
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

WiFi was low signal and low

Staff was very nice and friendly

Fun

Pillows

Services

sleepless
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

bathroom floor dirty toilet bowl dirty beddings unironed pillows very soft ran out of coffee, didnot replenish toaster oven not working

I will not go back

Better air conditioning

Clean room

wouldn't stay there again.

To far from the casino about 15 miles and inside the rooms were musky smell.

not much

Horrible.

Everything. The place was dirty, the breakfast room was absolutely disgusting.

The pillows

Nice, nothing fancy. Would recommend.

Clean

Good nights sleep

Wi fi terrible

Friendly staff, clean. Location

OK

DIDN'T CHANGE THE SHEETS AS DESIRED, NOR WAS THE TRASH IN THE ROOM CLEANED UP--PILLOWS TOO SOFT--

SHOWER

Overall it was good for the price I paid.

Cleanliness

Size of the room and the amenities

Good value.

Good value for a long stay.

Location, parking

Room was hot on arrival, property needs updating, breakfast was not good. Other Days Inn have done much better.

Location, parking

Not bad

The bed was uncomfortable and the tub was yellow with age.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Niantic Near Casinos traveller photo gallery