Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Niantic Near Casinos This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

239 Flanders Road, Niantic, CT 06357, United States of America

#5 of 7 hotels in Niantic

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

It was okay for overnight, but I would not stay there again.

The lobby needed updating, as it was not very inviting. The room was ok, but nothing special for the price. It was adequate for a one night stay. The pool did not look clean and needed attention.

The hotel was set back off the roadway and was very quiet. The breakfast was adequate. The beds were ok.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

DiD NOT MEET DAYS INN STANDARDS

Requested 2nd night canc. Mgr tried to bribe us by offering 20% discount to not write neg notes like this. Our projected bill was $285. they had audacity to charge $171 bc Sat > expensive. No worth $

difficult to state positives. No AC when arrived, hot room didnt cool until 2:am. Stairs only & 2nd flr accomm. wo elevator Breakfast: eggs were disgusting as were clump of Tatar tots and uncooked saus

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

The weekend staff (woman) was very friendly and works very...

The rooms smelled and walls were dirty. The pool was scary looking. This room sure was not worth my $220.00. I will not return.

The weekend staff (woman) was very friendly and works very hard. She set up breakfast, checked customers in/out. Tried cleaning the pool to the best of her ability with poor equipment. She deserves a raise. Worked a 14 hour shift while I was there and then right back the next morning, still smiling!

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

The place literally stinks.

The room had a horrible odor of cigarettes and urine. I informed the staff but nothing was done to remedy the situation. The bathroom had mold all around the shower head and also had a foul odor.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Overall it was good, however not having good internet service was a real problem.

The internet service did not work well. Breakfast was over before the allotted time.

Location is good for going to different places, like the casinos, and other attractions. Easy to find, very quiet.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Clean, quiet, friendly staff, location

Arm on chair was broken, bedside table light didn't work, spark came out of electrical outlet when we tried to plug in phone charger.

Clean, quiet, friendly staff, location

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Look for someplace else
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It was dark, depressing, staff was not present, facilities closed/not working

It was close to lots of different attractions, but not as close to casino as implied by the name

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Proximity to Mohegan Sun.

It's an older hotel so the decor isn't the most up to date, but that was expected.

Proximity to Mohegan Sun. Staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Won’t stay again.

The ice machine was broken. Breakfast was ok, I expected a little more based on prior stays at other hotels. Beds were uncomfortable, they were very hard. Very noisy. Is in need of updating. TV was fuzzy on all channels. Won’t stay there again.

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

I will never go back to that hotel and I won't be recommending it to anyone
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The toothbrush and toothpaste left in the bathroom which leads me to believe it wasn't cleaned properly and there was no remote to the tv. The popcorn ceiling was pealing off the ceiling in big chunks badly in need of repairs. A staff member in the am was waking around in her pajamas and slippers. The breakfast was horrible!

It wasn't expensive

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

Lost power and I wanted to be refunded and Days Inn...

Lost power and I wanted to be refunded and Days Inn corporate said each hotel is managed independently and to discuss with the manager. I did and they only offered a small discount off next stay

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

Definitely made my trip all the more enjoyable with great recommendations to help in the area.

The toilet made a high pitched noise after flushing which went on for quite a while as did the shower.

I absolutely loved the bed, probably one of the most comfortable I have ever had, especially the pillows, divine. The location of the hotel is secluded and private in a picturesque setting. Great to be able to park outside the front door for free. Nice touches in the room, sofa, armchair,full fridge, microwave ,coffee machine. The complimentary breakfast was excellent even had a waffle maker and Douwe and Egbert coffee. The staff were helpful but did seem a little overworked as had to multi task so the desk was uncovered at times but clearly not their fault.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2017

It was all really ok except only big puffy pillows were...

It was all really ok except only big puffy pillows were offered. You have to know by now, that those pillows are bad for your neck. It's really one of the most important elements. It ruenned the stay for us

Major dissatisfaction

Dirty, wallpaper missing , sink moldy,poor lighting, large bulky furniture in a small room,breakfast area stifling, coffee machine not working properly, major dissatisfaction- I have stayed in hotels 2-3 night per week for 35+ years- this was the worst ever

Location to a wedding and the front desk staff

• Reviewed: September 21, 2017

Nice quite clean property.

I was only supposed to be there for 4 days but my flight home was cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey so I had to stay another day. The Management was very accommodating. I did not eat breakfast while I was there so I cannot comment on the food. The hotel was private and very quiet, the pool was clean, I enjoyed my stay there very much.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

I liked that it was in a nice location.

I didn't like that there was no elevator and the pillows were to soft for me otherwise, it was very nice for our stay overnight.

I liked that it was in a nice location. They had a lot of choices for stores, restaurants and gas stations available. Very convenient to casinos and it is right off the highway.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

we got what we paid for

I was told by matonence that I had to fix my own broken air conditioner. room needed a little up keep, saw employees passing some type of pill to each other in the hallway, the breakfast in the morning ran out so you got there early enough to make your own or you were out of breakfast.

the hotel served it's purpose, we needed a roof over our head and that's what we got.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Great variety of options for breakfast and everything was...

Couldn't take a bath, tub wouldn't hold water,stopper didn't work.

Great variety of options for breakfast and everything was replenished promptly.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Well, it IS near the casino.....

My first impression was based on a very small thing - the room key card - and if it wasn't echoed by the rest of my experience, I might have just figured it was an aberration, however, it was pretty telling. When the clerk handed me the room key card (just one, even though I was obviously there with my husband - we had to ask for a second key card) the key card was in a folder which was obviously used over and over again - it was worn , ripped, and had a coffee stain on it. This was the usual type of key card folder most hotels use, but on the outside of the folder, this is the first time I've ever seen that there would be a $3.00 charge for unreturned key cards. I found that kind of strange, especially for a Days Inn type of hotel. The hotel was very run down and in need of maintenance and updating. The hallways and rooms were dark and musty, the room we stayed in smelled very musty, so we had to run the AC the whole time for the room to be livable. While we were checking in, another guest came to the front desk asking for a different room because of a very strong odor of mold in their room. Lots of things were very run down and in disrepair; The only ice machine in the hotel had a hand written sign saying that it needed maintenance and didn't work, and to check back later. The clerk told us that it wasn't working, but maybe it would work later? On the plus side, the bedding seemed clean and acceptable, and the bed was comfortable. But, overall, I won't stay there again, even to be near the casino, (we were actually there for a family reunion, not for the casino) and would never recommend this hotel, especially for the cost of the rooms. Our two night stay cost just under $300., which seemed pretty pricey for the condition of the property.

It was close to Mohegan Sun Casino (20 min.).

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

A good value for the money.

The pool could use some work. Also the back door was propped open, which is not very secure. When reported to the manager he said he would take care of it.

The people who work there are very nice, there is free breakfast, a comfortable room, and a free beach pass! It is close to beaches and restaurants. It is a very good value especially because of the location.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Nope. Never again.

We had to change rooms because the first one reeked of mold and the bathroom was dirty - crusted urine on the seat and hairs everywhere. Our second room smelled better, but the bathroom was still not clean. The wallpaper was falling off, the glasses were dirty, and there was mold in the shower.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

There was no nightlight in the bathroom or a clock in the...

There was no nightlight in the bathroom or a clock in the room. The outdoor pool had no lights at night and the breakfast was terrible. There was one yogurt in the fridge no fresh fruit and the only hot item offered was make your own waffle and of course you could toast a bagel. When we arrived housekeeping was folding sheets and towels in the lobby

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

A great value

You should be aware that the motel was off the main road even though it has an address on the main road.

This Motel was quiet and clean. The breakfast was good and included waffles as well as eggs, cereal, Bagels and sausages. We saw the motel had beach passes and they had their own pool.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Hotel lobby very outdated. Furniture in hotel & rooms very old and outdated as well as the curtains. Bed size was not a true king. The pool liner was hanging off one side of the pool.

Location. Easy to find. Staff very courteous & helpful. Most of all. Was clean inside and outside the property.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Deceiving pictures online!!

We were placed in a room at the very end of a hallway - when we entered the room, it smelled musty. The bathroom had stained ceiling, and badly peeling wallpaper! The bed - we could feel it was an old springy mattress - it was not comfortable at all, but we had arrived quite late (after a concert). Due to the time of our arrival we were tired, and did not want to bother the guy at the front desk.

I had made this reservation through booking.com and will use the site again, but will definitely check reviews on TripAdvisor first!! Thank you ~

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

It's okay

While my boyfriend was in the bathroom the fan fell out the ceiling and narrowly missed hitting him in his head. There were times the front desk was not maned with anyone

• Reviewed: April 11, 2017

Value good

breakfast was mediocre at best

I especially appreciated the extra effort the front desk gave in contacting me by cell phone after I left to return a lost pillow my niece had left behind....so considerate!!!

• Reviewed: March 9, 2017

Not the best place I have stayed but I figure I got what I paid for, next time I will pay more

A hot shower. Toilet paper and tissues refilled

The bed was very used. The toilet paper ran out right after the maid left and we had to go get some. TV didn't have many selections. Got a cold shower.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2016

Jule, our host, was fabulous.

House keeping staff needs to do a bette job making the bed. Bed linens should be better or at least less worn out.

Jule, our host, was fabulous. We really appreciated his attentiveness. Eggs were made from real eggs for our breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2016

One night stay

Bathroom could use some update/repair. It was clean so it suited us for one night.

Clean, safe, convenient to casino and mystic seaport. Free breakfast.

• Reviewed: October 14, 2016

The Hotel staff was very nice, especially Charles who...

The Hotel staff was very nice, especially Charles who checked us in when we arrived. He was very attentive to our needs and made sure our room was just right :-) The rooms are nice and spacious and beds very comfortable. Would definitely return!

• Reviewed: September 26, 2016

Joel & Days Inn in Niantic - Excellent!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There wasn't one thing that we did not like.

Joel made our 4 night stay perfect! The location and room was excellent! We give Joel & hotel 5 stars!

• Reviewed: September 12, 2016

Very Nice Days Inn

The pool needed cleaned The grounds needed some work.

The room was clean and very nice. The location was close to everything. The prices were reasonable. The people were friendly. The free breakfast in the morning was good. They offered like a continental breakfast with a waffle machine.

• Reviewed: August 23, 2016

4.5
    Cheap hotel equals cheap quality.

I literally waited for 25 mins in line as there was one person behind the counter and she physically had to go check to see if the room was clean, which obviously took more time.

I liked that it was only $180 a night. But it was dirty, the bathroom was disgusting, tile falling off the walls.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2016

Think twice
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The manager was very rude. The pool was dirty. The air conditioner acted up at night. The toilet had a problem. The maid walked into our room twice without knocking. The breakfast was not a breakfast. It was all calories and no proteins. Ran out of butter and no eggs, yougart, fresh fruit, and bagels. I would never stay there again

The location was away from the main room.

• Reviewed: August 3, 2016

Good value.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Freshen up bathroom (or bathroom ventilation).

Comfortable, not luxurious. Bathroom had an off smell. Room decor is a bit worn. Still a good value for your money. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. Property is quiet.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2016

Don't stay here; very overpriced.

There was a "continental" breakfast with waffles. The waffle iron wasn't good. They kept sticking. When I explained to the kitchen person that you have to spray with Pam; she said the company told them not to spray every time. I have stayed in lots of hotels with the same waffle iron and the other hotels leave the spray out so that you can spray every time and they don't stick. The worst was we didn't have a place to eat our breakfast. We had to sit is a little out cove as there were only 6 tables in the "room" that they listed as the place to eat. And by the way, the room that the food was in was a little 2 x 4 literally.

It was a bed for the night. It was at least clean and the night & day desk people were very accommodating and nice.

• Reviewed: July 26, 2016

Nice location but needs TLC

The hotel needs maintenance. The pool liner is bunched up at the bottom. Old pool toys are strewn around. Room had too much furniture, it was crowded.

Location is good. Affordable price

• Reviewed: July 25, 2016

Do not recommend.

We had pre-booked but not enough towels for number of people (4), price too high, toilet barely flushed. Had run out of food in the breakfast room, we had to hunt someone down to get them to bring more food out. No elevator. Had to tell them a fire alarm was going off in room across the hall. Seemed like new owners who didn't know how to run a hotel.

Location for what we needed.

• Reviewed: July 24, 2016

You get what you pay for.

Poor air conditioner. Analog TV with few channels. Cheap linens. Lamp didn't work and was not replaced when asked. No easy chair, just a desk chair. Terrible breakfast.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2016

Nice besides the dirty toliet

When I got to my room there was pee and toilet paper in the toilet which leads me to believe the tonier wasn't cleaned prior to me checking in

It was set off the highway so it was quiet

• Reviewed: July 18, 2016

Great property, near old saybrook and Essex

The pool could have been a bit cleaner, we cleaned it up a bit ourselves.

Spacious room, clean. Friendly staff very helpful. Property near lots of places to eat. Includes a breakfast room. Booking did not include microwave, fridge in room.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

It was quiet and comfortable

Breakfast room to small

It was quiet and comfortable

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

Truckers stop over place

Room could have been cleaner room was not tidy up after first night

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Stay at hotel was very poor. Check in time was at 3, room was not maintained and cleaned

Not cleaned

Disgusting... Room was not cleaned when arrived and beds were not made

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Great value for a night away.

Broken ice machine. Ripped pillowcase. Hotel could use some tlc.

Clean room, friendly staff, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

The bed very comfortable and very clean .

The bed very comfortable and very clean ....

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Very nice desk clerk, very helpful.

Older property, beds are OK.

Very nice desk clerk, very helpful.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

I really enjoyed myself!

The location was very closed off.

Great Breakfast!! Very nice staff.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

dated, dirty,hair in sink and counter that wasn't ours!

dated, dirty,hair in sink and counter that wasn't ours! Wallpaper dirty and ripped.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Staff was very nice and friendly
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

WiFi was low signal and low

Staff was very nice and friendly

• Reviewed: November 12, 2017

Fun

Pillows

Services

• Reviewed: October 23, 2017

sleepless
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

bathroom floor dirty toilet bowl dirty beddings unironed pillows very soft ran out of coffee, didnot replenish toaster oven not working

I will not go back

Better air conditioning

Clean room

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

wouldn't stay there again.

To far from the casino about 15 miles and inside the rooms were musky smell.

not much

• Reviewed: September 22, 2017

Horrible.

Everything. The place was dirty, the breakfast room was absolutely disgusting.

The pillows

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Nice, nothing fancy. Would recommend.

Clean

• Reviewed: September 6, 2017

Good nights sleep

Wi fi terrible

Friendly staff, clean. Location

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

OK

DIDN'T CHANGE THE SHEETS AS DESIRED, NOR WAS THE TRASH IN THE ROOM CLEANED UP--PILLOWS TOO SOFT--

SHOWER

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Overall it was good for the price I paid.

Cleanliness

Size of the room and the amenities

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Good value.

Good value for a long stay.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Location, parking

Room was hot on arrival, property needs updating, breakfast was not good. Other Days Inn have done much better.

Location, parking

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Not bad

The bed was uncomfortable and the tub was yellow with age.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2017

The smell of old cigarette smoke.

The smell of old cigarette smoke...

• Reviewed: July 24, 2017

Disappointed

Toilet and wifi didn't work.

The location.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Ok

Somewhat old - but ok

• Reviewed: July 18, 2017

Loved the room I would love to have one like it .

Room was excellent

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

Satisfied
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very quite and reasonable priced

Staff friendly and ready to take care of your needs

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

The assistant manager was very outgoing &helpful.

The assistant manager was very outgoing &helpful.The room was very clean & comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Not quite as depicted

Not quite as depicted, overpriced

Outdoors, front of the building

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Cleanliness, TV was horrible, uncomfortable bed, breakfast was gross, coffee disgusting.

Nothing. Would never stay there again.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Convenient location

Dated, run down

Convenient location

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Cleanliness, age of the facility, broken lights a/c...

Cleanliness, age of the facility, broken lights a/c blowing warm

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

inadequate space for continental breakfast

inadequate space for continental breakfast

• Reviewed: June 18, 2017

Nice time.

Breakfast was fine. Staff were very friendly.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Niantic Near Casinos Traveler Photo Gallery