Reviews of Hilton Alexandria Mark Center 3 stars

5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22311, USA

#23 of 41 hotels in Alexandria

Lovely

Wish it was easier to come down the elevator Sunday morning, but they were full with a lot of people checking out and needing to get downstairs.

Everyone was very nice and efficient. The room service was prompt and my French Toast was delicious. The hotel is very clean and even though the place was full, everything ran smooth.

Disappointed with our stay.

The beds we're damp, as if the comforter and sheets were washed but not fully dried before placed on the beds. There was visible fecal matter on the floor near the toilet when we checked in, and a very large hairball from the previous guests visibly clogging the drain to the tub. There was visible mold around the base of the shower wall. The room in general just didn't feel "clean".

The staff was excellent, very friendly, professional, and helpful!

Not worth the time or money. 4 star opportunity with a 2 star reality

We were checked into a room that smelled like cigarette ashtray. It took them a long time to get us moved in when they finally did the keys to the new room did not work. It took several tries to get two keys to one room door. We did not get a room that we requested, and all we requested it was a higher floor room and ended up with a room in the basement level of the hotel. The people at the front desk were very unhelpful and did not even offer anything in the way of an apology. The room we were given had a whirlpool tub in it, but had dirt and hair and needed a good scrub. Our patio was littered with cigarette butts. I was very unimpressed.

The hotel was very modern and had all the necessary updates. Room was very spacious. The indoor/outdoor pool was large but had a temperature of 86° so it was not refreshing. Good breakfast and a very good assortment of food, but it was not very warm even though a lot of it was hot food.

Rooms were clean and had a great view.

Parking lot and paying to park when we've paid the room rate already. Should be included in rate so there's no surprises at checkout.

Rooms were clean and had a great view.

Not worth the money. Not up to Hilton standards.

It should have been cleaner! Room walls had stuff splashed on them. Called for extra towels never came, booking online had to pay for upgrade with a view, then lost free breakfast. Emailed hotel who never replied.. restaurant service was extremely slow. Carpet had lots of paper, crumbs on the floor.

The view was great, the pool was named"Sunset pool" and we watched a beautiful sunset from there. The grounds we're pretty. The concierge and check lady were great.

Pets allowed.
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Breakfast French toast was hard. No OJ without pulp. HARD BED!4 elevators only 2 working, which meant 5 minute waits. Housekeeping on elevator with cart, so we could not fit, Arent they supposed to have their own elevator? Overpriced.

Pets allowed.

The location of the hotel is excellent for travel to...

I called the hotel prior to arriving about the need to have a physical card for payment, the information the clerk gave me was completely wrong, and ended up being a bit of a hassle for us.

The location of the hotel is excellent for travel to Washington, D.C. The room was excellent, and the one issue I had with the room was fixed in a timely manner at 10:00PM.

Not staying here anymore !
    • King Room with Roll In Shower - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Lack of Parking when there are functions going on at the conference center. The water pressure, toilet pressure was bad too.The higher you go it merely than likely gets worse. At least there should be a breakfast served. Even if it's a basic breakfast is available bagels, donuts, cereal, juice, milk, tea, coffee.

Overall my stay was a good night's sleep and restful morning prior to checking out.

the TV station selections and the way the door opened to the shower, you get cold water on you because it is hard to reach the handle unless you are inside the shower. The coffee was not very tasty , a bit too strong and not enough creamer and sugar for the room.

the bed, pillows, the size of the room, the view, the shower and refrig. it was also an ease to register and to park and enter the building from the parking lot. the speed of the elevators were also good.

Bed was very comfortable;

Had to pay for self parking as a guest! Ridiculous! Food took way too long to be served in restaurant once ordered. Drinks were very pricey!

Bed was very comfortable; food was delicious; staff was very friendly

It was a very clean room with large balcony and great view.

The staff was not well informed about places to park for cheap and they did not give us breakfast vouchers when we checked in. When i tried to get breakfast they rudly told me that i did not pay for it. They did not belive me and continued to argue. Finally i showed them my conformation and they finally gave it to me.

It was a very clean room with large balcony and great view.

Super friendly and helpful staff! Comfortable bed plenty of towels.

Probably just a personal preference, but I like the European showers with a hand held sprayer and they only had the fixed shower head. Not sure why they have a fridge, but no mini microwave in the room. Only one in the lobby. My flight was delayed and there was no airport shuttle at 0130, so I had to take a cab.

Soft sheets, plenty of towels,& comfy bed. Staff was SUPER friendly and helpful! Shuttle to and from Pentagon city metro was really helpful.

The concierge and restaurant staff couldn't be nicer.

The hotel was a bit worn and I did not feel all the comfortable or safe walking back to my room in the other tower. Kind of dark. Room was clean but worn.

The concierge and restaurant staff couldn't be nicer.

It was clean, comfortable with professional and courteous staff who were very prompt and helpful.

The jacuzzi tub was very high to climb over. I'm short so it was a little difficult to get into and I would have preferred a shower.

Our room 2712 was very spacious and comfortable with a great view.

Substandard for the Hilton Brand

Pillow covers were solid and there were no pillow cases...told front desk...no one came to give me new pillows or change covers and give me cases...the outlets had tons of dusk..fire hazard! Tub look dirty

The bed was very comfortable

This a beautiful place to stay.

There was a guest that kept interrupting Moe when he was working with us. He was very rude to Moe but he handled it well.

This is a beautiful hotel! Our view of the city was awesome. The beds are so comfortable & great pillows! Moe was so helpful with setting up our tours & answering any questions we had. The shuttle was great to have. Saved us from driving in traffic.

Great hotel and would recommend to friends visiting Washington DC and surrounding area.

The pool was open at reduced hours (off season) but still it did not open on time as advertised. This delayed us leaving the hotel for the day as my girlfriend had to wait an extra 30 mins at least to use the pool.

Great hotel and given a room with a great view. Also free and reliable shuttle service around the area.

With the price of the room, parking and breakfast cost is...

With the price of the room, parking and breakfast cost is too high, especially if you are a Hilton member. There should be some perks to being a member verses the same price that everyone else receive.

Didn't sleep well was sore 2days after.

The bed gets a 2 thumbs down!

Didn't sleep well was sore 2days after. The bed was extremely uncomfortable and not to mention $26 per day to park. Never again will i stay at this facility.

Good, conveniently located hotel for a short stay

Parking was expensive considering it's a suburban hotel. Service at the Finn & Porter restaurant was slow

Convenient location right off I-395. Staff was friendly and accommodating

It was a great place to stay other than the firm bed.

My only complaint is that the beds were not pillow top mattresses. It was much more firm than I prefer.

Hotel staff was great. The in house restaurant food was very good for a reasonable price. It was easily comparable to higher quality outside restaurants. The rooms were nice and quiet. It had glass doors for the shower instead of curtains.

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Maybe the parking could be free to customers instead of paying an additional $26 per night parking, oh well can't have it all, LOL

The room with the balcony was fantastic!!! the staff is always pleasant & willing to give their customers the best of what the hotel has to offer, the pool is fantastic....I always love the stay at this hotel. I would recommend this to all of my friends & family, 2 Thumps UP!!!

Loved the place except for the uncomfortable bed.

Bed's were "not" pillow top. While I probably like my mattress softer than most these mattresses felt like you were on a table top with maybe a 1/4 inch of padding. In other words they were not more comfortable that what you'd expect from a cheap hotel/motel. Breakfast buffet was OK but I've seen better.

Dinner at the in house restaurant was very good. Comparable in price and quality to a good mid tier restaurant such as a McCormick and Schmidt's. Free HBO. Free WiFi. Modern LCD flat screens. Staff was over the top friendly, courteous, helpful, etc., from the front desk to any worker there whom you might have asked a question of. Showers were roomy and had sliding glass doors instead of curtains. Rooms were quiet and A/C did not rattle as they do at most other hotels.

Easy location to events in Washington DC

It was not easy to buy snacks (appetizers) in the restaurant at happy hour time to eat w/my family. We were hungry before dinnertime & couldn't get calamari or deviled eggs.We ate chips from the snack shop.

The bed was awesome & comfy. I liked the coffee/gift shop. Great snacks.

Not worth the money for above reasons

Pool hours during week only night, fuel alarm malfunctioned at midnight causing us to vacate premises. Understand it had happened to other guest 2 nights before as well...

Resort quiet good view

Great value for the price.

Parking was $26, which I thought was a bit much. I did not see an elevator or escalator from the lower parking lot into the main lobby, so I had to haul my suitcase up and down a flight of stairs.

Great value for the price. I was travelling with 2 children under 5, and the hotel $seemed very kid friendly. Very convenient to Washington DC. We really enjoyed breakfast at the restaurant downstairs!

Everything was great.

Everything was great..breakfast was excellent..my balcony was awesome...love the indoor/outdoor heated pool...great location..close to convenience store an public transportation...hotel shuttle takes you to Pentagon City Mall..Staff was friendly an exceptionally helpful..cocktails were very good..

Pack of housekeeping was very frustrating
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

We were there for 2 nights. Housekeeping never touched our room. I called to ask for towels and to have our trash emptied. Housekeeper opened the trash bag and held it while I emptied the trash. Handed me the towels. Very frustrating to not have your room touched when your paying that kind of money abdvwhile your on vacation. Parking was expensive too

Pool. Nice hotel. Very pretty

Beautiful but not accomadating

Too much walking to get from the parking garage to my room in retreat building. When I tried to switch to the tower my second day staying in the area the lady at the desk refused to let me do so. I decided to find a hotel somewhere else with friendlier, more accomadating staff.

Absolutely beautiful

Not going to stay here again. More business and not family oriented.

Parking is $26 a day only if you take your rental car out one time only. If you do that multiple times it is more $. Also they got our room reservation wrong. We had a family if 4 in a king room with a roll away bed instead of 2 queen beds. The pool was small. The wait for the elevator was ridiculous.

The breakfast and beds.

Coffee shop, two out of three times in the morning I had to wait for the coffee to be made, with three people working there, some one should be checking the big coffee container. On the computer the picture shows a tower, so it is deceiving to think this is were we would be staying. The building next to the tower was were our room was, it appears it may have been the original hotel. The hallway carpet appeared very old, not very clean. The room was old, the bathroom was small, had a clump of hair on the bath tub, around the toilette it was not clean. A coffee machine was there with coffee, however no cups. Very disappointing room for a Hilton.

Friendly room service, bed comfortable, friendly staff.

Comfy, but Pricey
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I don't like paying for parking if I'm an overnight guest.

The room was exceptional. We've stayed here before, but only when we get an exceptionally reduced rate.

Nice rooms, Poor parking. Nickel & Diming.

Hair in tub. Parking spaces too small. And why are paying guests required to pay $30 additional to park their car?!? And room service autocharges 19% gratuity plus in room fee plus want additional tip on the bill. Come on people, Quit nickel & diming us.

The view from the windows was wonderful.

Awesome and will definitely stay here again!

I loved everything! The hotel was so big and spacious! We loved our hotel room. The guest services were great and the girls checking us in were very friendly. The free complimentary breakfast had soooo many options. We truly enjoyed everything and will definitely come back to a Hilton again! A lot of elevators so you're also not waiting around for a long time. Everything was wonderful!

My wife enjoyed her stay. We had a mix up with our food but it wasn't taking care of.

I didn't like the when you asked a guestion people hotness smart or was rude to you.

I truly enjoyed my stayed. I didn't like the rudeness of some of staff. But overall excellent stay.

Enjoy the shuttle and find a convenience store off property.

$6 bottle of water. Convenience store was a total rip off. Everything was outrageously priced. Danish was stale. If you are going to charge way too much for food, it had better be damn good. It wasn't Bar tender made mistakes with my bill two nights in a row. It made think that she might be trying to take advantage of me by charging too much and then scooping a giant tip.

Free shuttle made my trip. Sushi was the best I've ever had. The accommodations were were great.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The wifi was week. I'm not sure if it was because we were on the 28th floor. I'm a Cosmetologist and the salon looked very messy and unclean. I hadn't planned to have my hair done there, but would have changed my mind if I had. I wish their had been a Metro station closer, but wasn't hard to get to one by shuttle.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food in their resturant was great. They had shuttles that ran very frequently to the Metro. The beds were very comfortable. I slept like a baby. Never ran out of hot water. We were on the 28th floor and the view was breath taking. They had great coffee in their gift shop.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Ok

Pool hours ended at 10pm and I did not check in Til 10:30pm due to being on business assignment. Wanted to enjoy the pool. Also bar/ restaurant closed too early by 12am when I didn't get to enjoy any of it since I arrived to hotel late. The drinks that I drank thru room service was very poor- bartender does not know how to make Long Island ice teas.

Beautiful hotel

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great first trip to D.C.

The free wifi didn't work. It was our first time to the area, would have helped to had more information about the area. We didn't know about the shuttle service provided by the hotel.

The decor and the amenities were very nice. Very clean hotel and staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant was great.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The room was nice an big.

Duck was making noise all night. I'll never stay close to the pond again. Parking was a extra $24 the check in people didn't say anything. I had to call to see why my card had a extra $24 holding.

The room was nice an big. I love the view

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Great Stay at the Mark Center

Only negative is the hotel is not walking distance to the Metro.

Digital check-in was convenient. Rooms are clean and well decorated. Contain a refrig also. Elevators are fast with no waiting. Free Shuttle service.

APA take over.....

Not enough elevators for the large crowd. Several times we had to wait over 10 minutes to get access to the elevators.

The bed was definitely like a cloud and the staff was professional and courteous.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Great room size

Parking was a nightmare, even in the parking deck. $24 dollars a day and the spots were super small and 3/4 of the parking deck was closed off by barriers.

Great room size

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

staff was very friendly and helpful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access

The entrance to get into hotel from parking ramp was not good - had to walk through the ball rooms which had a line dancing party going on -tried other levels and all had events going on - finally called front desk and were told to walk right through the dance party!

staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Employees very friendly and helpful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I could not turn shower on.... I have limited strength in my hands. But my 28 year old son had a difficult time as well. The hotel hair dryer did not work in bathroom electrical plugs

Employees very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

I liked my room it was very

I didn't like the fact that the room didn't have a microwave. Also I would have like a continental breakfast considering what I paid.

I liked my room it was very Comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Would not recommend for the price

The incidentals fee is overpriced and unnecessary. It puts an added inconvenience on the customer to check his/her Visa throughout those 5 business days to ensure that the charge was removed. Also, at $164 a night (to include the parking fee) I would expect a hotel to have a working outlet in the bathroom. The outlet was loose on the wall, causing not only a hazard, but I couldn't plug in even a toothbrush charger. The room was clean, the staff was polite, and the bed was moderately comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The service was great friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access

The service was great friendly and helpful. Food was good. The shuttle service crew were wonderful very friendly and helpful great attitude with all the staff overall. Would recommend to other people.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I was ready to step into the shower, but did not want to get...

Friendliness

I was ready to step into the shower, but did not want to get my hair wet, just had it done at the salon. Went to grab the shower cap in the box and there was nothing inside.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The $24 charge to self park was a ripoff.

The $24 charge to self park was a ripoff. There was construction and no access to the garage level parking. Thus, $24 to park in an outside parking lot with very small spaces and not easy to maneuver.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

I loved the customer service, all of the employees were...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The pool not being open till 6pm was very inconvenient as that is dinner time and with children that only gives really 1.5 hrs to bed-time.

I loved the customer service, all of the employees were exceptional. I also loved the shuttle to the metro!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The location was excellent close to my friends home.

The remote to the television was sticky meaning you had to push the buttons more than once to do anything. The room I was given was not the one shown in the add.

The location was excellent close to my friends home. The pillows on the bed made it a very comfortable sleep.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The bedroom was excellent

1- THIS IS BIG FOR ME: There is no microwave and they would not bring one up. The only place you had to go was on the main floor which meant everyone around you and walking by would be smelling your food. It is like asking someone to come down with their underwear and no one would do that. 2- The bathroom (shower or bath) was clogged. Water would not drain quickly and you do not know whose DNA is getting soaked on you. 3- The Business Center should have a scanner and a copy machine. It has a printer only.

The bedroom was excellent

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Have booking for a room came at hotel and the room was dirty...
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Have booking for a room came at hotel and the room was dirty and was looking like the don't clean at all. The room we go to desk and ask them what is this after waiting for 45 min they give as another room and they have a pay parking which is 28$ a day before booking at least they need to let the people know

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

What I Expected at Hilton

I didn't realize beforehand that there was an extra charge for parking as well as for breakfast. Maybe I needed to read the fine print.

The beds were very comfortable and the room spacious.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The room was very nice.

Half of your parking ramp was closed. There was 2 weddings this weekend and I didn't get a spot to park on Saturday. Either don't let non overnight guest park there or don't close half of your parking ramp when you have 2 weddings. I also had 2 housekeepers walk in on me and my boyfriend sleeping even after I told them we didn't need anything. Also, didn't get house keeping on Saturday. We were gone from 10-7 and we came back and nobody had been in there.

The room was very nice.

Dirty Dawg!

The room was dirty. Powder on the vanity, ring around the tub, hair in my BED and all over the bathroom floor. Question if it was cleaned at all. Told front desk. Comped my parking. Big whoop!

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Keep up the good work.

Keep up the good work. Outstanding customer service from the parking attendant, servive desk, bartenders etc. Everyone seems like they take pride of their jobs.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The Hilton Mark Center was a swell place to put your feet up for the weekend.

The wifi service was horrible. We didn't get barely any service the whole 2 days with the complementary service they provided. Also, the $24 a night parking charge I thought was a little high for a guest staying at the hotel. And no microwaves in the room.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the view was amazing, and the room was very clean. Pool was still open for late September and very relaxing and the continental breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Not a pleasant stay at all!

Had to pay for parking but there was no spots available near our room where they told us to park. Valet parking staff were not helpful, and confusing... they were arguing about what was best for us in front of us instead of helping us... it took almost an hour (after driving 8 hours) to get into our room and settled! I Was under assumption there was complementary breakfast... but there wasn't. The staff was not helpful in helping us find our room (which was not in the main hotel) the room was not very clean, the mirror in the bathroom was broken, the blankets and sheets didn't smell freshly laundered, and the marble next to the tub was cracked. Not a pleasant stay at all!!

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

I booked a King Size bed corner room for 2 nights.

I booked a King Size bed corner room for 2 nights. When we got there, we weren't given a corner room. They said booking.com did not provide them with that information. I did have my confirmation that states King Corner room. Anyhow given a King Corner room for second night. Was disappointed I didn't get what I booked. Also, breakfast was horrible.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Room had an odd odor almost like someone took a dump in the...

Room had an odd odor almost like someone took a dump in the middle of the floor. When I asked the staff about the smell they came in with a can of air freshener to resolve the problem. This made the room smell like someone took a dump in the middle of the room with a bouquet of roses.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Room was nice and mattress good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Hotel & retreat center were VERY confusing never having been there. Had a very hard time understanding Indian (?) employee. Couldn't find right elevator to get to our room in retreat center. Parked and had to drag our luggage all the way around to front entrance as we could not figure out how to get in the building. Also parking was hard and expensive for family members leaving a few times during the day and charged $14 per. Wasn't explained to park in lot for $24 day....

Room was nice and mattress good. Clean. Indoor/outdoor pool very nice 😊

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Business focused but vacationers are welcome too

Paying $25 for parking, I understand this is a business focused hotel near a metropolitan area however they have their own parking facility and if you are staying at their property parking should be included in your room rate.

Their speedy and exceptional service, when we arrived were greated immediately by any staff we passed. Upon unpacking in our room we noticed the fridgerator wasn't working and called the operator who immediately sent building maintenance and they replaced it.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

It was ok

The checkin staff was very rude. Very robotic. It was pouring down rain and there was no one to help me load in.. Nor was help offered. The front desk clerk rattled off a terrible list of directions to the parking lot. The pay parking was a terrible surprise. There was also a leak in the AC unit in the room which caused a large wet spot in the room.

The unexpectedly nice room.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Rooms were clean

The lady in the recption was show of too much , she is second language speakers and she act that she don't understand other second language speakers, her manager recognize her way and he help us , she is over acting and not recommended to be in front desk.

Rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

away from home to Hilton.

Receptionist at the desk on arrival was not friendly maybe because we were tired.lol. The parking deal was not good too expensive. The breakfast on Wednesday was not good. Uncooked potatoes , eggs were no good.

Clean place, house keeping girl's were the best .

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The parking must be included however staff was friendly!

Parking fee is extra 24 dollars per night Ridiculous! Parking area very tight for large cars. Not easy access! General breakfast 35 dollars plus tip Bizarre!

Room was nice

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Fantastic breakfast!

Nothing the hotel did itself, but poor planning on my part: Wish we had stayed in the main tower of the hotel and not the retreat so we could have had a better view. Other than that, nothing negative to say.

Fantastic breakfast!! Great pool! Comfy beds! Waitstaff in restaurant were friendly, helpful, and funny! Great place!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Worse staff front desk

The costumer service front desk were so mean and did not care about the guests, I asked for a help in my room to pull out the iron from its place but the guy who showed up was so mad and no hi and bye, so they all need to be trained profissionaly and I will not recommend any one to visit this hotel just because of the staff, only room cleaning womam was very nice

The room

The staff was nice and liked the location.

Even tho I had to pay $26 for parking they have a lot of parking space.

The staff was nice and liked the location.

The breakfast and timely shuttles
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Not having later shuttles to accommodate guests on holidays to get back to the hotel. The metro ran later?

The breakfast and timely shuttles

Location to everything

Location to everything

It served my purpose for the event I attended.

bathroom was a little small with that entry way with the coffee products.

bed was comfortable and that is very important in my stay at any property.

Thier breakfast