Reviews of Hilton Americas - Houston 4 stars

#39 of 408 hotels in Houston

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Would stay again
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had a lot of luggage traveling with a disabled person, there were no luggage trolleys readily available in the car park (adjacent building connected by a skybridge 5 min walk across) which makes hand balling luggage an unpleasant experience.

Hotel was accomadating to our changes to the booking. Helpful staff. Location was great and central!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Spent the weekend and caught a playoff baseball game.
    • Executive Floor King Room

Spent the weekend and caught a playoff baseball game. Hotel is next to the Toyota Center, and half a mile from Minute Maid. Everything was in walking distance, and the area around the hotel was decorated like something out of a movie. Breathtaking!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Over all it was the right place to be in for business meetings
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No comments as everything was good

I came for the break bulk conference and this hotel was very convenient to go as it was just 5 minutes walking distance and also close to the airport

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Awesome hotel

Love everything!

Great location. I'm from Galveston and when we come to the city for a game or an event, we rather stay here. Its downtown, comfy rooms, nice staff. This is my 5th time at this hotel and they never disappoint.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Basic Overpriced room and mediocre food but great location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

This is no luxury hotel, the rooms were not value for the money I paid. The rooms were basic and the food options very limited. They didn't even provide complementary water you had to call multiple times to get a water bottle.

The hotel has a convenient location and basic amenities. The rooms were clean and staff was courteous

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Perfect location and great staff!

We ordered room service and the food could’ve been better for the price. The shower had a few hairs in it that made it very unappealing.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable and the location was perfect.

5 star hotel....3 star room***

I didnt like that the rooms didnt meet the expectations of the rest of the hotel. The hotel itself was fabulous however, the rooms were mediocre.

I loved the location, and food options.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Perfect location for attending an event at the convention center or Toyota center.
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had a terrifying moment on the elevator (headed to the Executive Center on level 24) where it stuttered to a stop then dropped about 3 feet and hung still for about 2 minutes. It did finally continue up to level 24 but it was truly heartstopping.

Great location, super helpful staff, and elegant atmosphere. Loved the skywalks to the convention center on both levels 2 and 3. Hotel bar was excellent as well (if a tad overpriced).

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Great location, mediocre rooms, horrible cancellation policies which are unclear for customers.
    • Allergy Friendly Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I booked the room 6 months ago for 4 days. My plans changed and I tried to move the departure date by 1 day since I was under the cancellation policy deadlines. The hotel refused to give the money back. This is pure cheating though the deadline for cancellation clearly says I can do it. Very upset with what Hilton did.

Proximity to convention center.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Room smelled like cigarette smoke.
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room smelled like cigarette smoke. TV cable box was not working and required replacing. Maintenance made a total of 5 visits to repair during our two day stay. We had no notification on the four visits required to solve the problem.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Wonderful!

Surprisingly not a lot of late, late night food near by but hotel accommodates with great late night meals.

The hotel was beautiful, the staff was always very nice and helpful.

Go Astros

We had hair all over the place and it was long Hays and I have short hair. It was on the pillows and would get on our feet from the carpet, the bathroom floor was coated along with the shower. It was very strange. Yes we would go back. It was just hair. Everything else was clean.

The room was very nice, the people next door were Very loud day and night but it it very close to Minute Maid Park and there is a lot to do around it.

Great stay

No microwaves in the room.

Room was spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. Directly across from Toyota Center, we were able to just walk to the concert.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent Hotel Experience! Two Thumbs Up!!

We chose to stay here while in town for a wedding reception. I can happily say that we made an excellent choice. Everything about this place was awesome and we will definitely come back for a future stay!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Quick trip

There was nothing I didn't like about this hotel

The staff was amazing. The hotel was excellent. It was perfectly located next to the Toyota center. The view from the room was great. The room clean, beds comfortable. Will definitely stay again!

Rooms needed updated.
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms needed updated. Not having a refrigerator in room and it was beat up had to put on table to plug it in. There was no bathroom fan. When staying with co-workers that. Wasn’t cool not to be able to go to bathroom with no ventilation for helping with smells.

Other than the bar experience our stay was wonderful

The service in the bar. We stopped at the bar to get a drink before going to our event. It took 30 minutes to get them and that was only after the hostess got the manager. We were then utterly shocked to pay 28.00 for 2 drinks.

The location of the hotel. The facility was breathtaking.

Overall it was pleasant except for not getting a good nights rest!
    • Park View King Room

Guests across hall from us very loud, they propped door open and mingled from room to room until after 2 am- could not rest or sleep well because of noise in hallway !

Room was comfortable. Enjoyed having restaurant at hotel. Staff at front desk could have been more inviting. The concierge was not very pleasant either. Asked him a question and he never looked up from his computer- I felt like he was bothered by me asking him a question! Hotel is beautiful , my daughter enjoyed having Starbucks on premise

Park view great location
    • Park View King Room

Hard to find valet parking checkin. Was easy to find bus and limo only, but very small, weird turn to find the segment of Lamar.

Paid extra for park view. Looking out over Discovery Green and it was worth it. We walked all over downtown, including an Astros game.

We enjoyed our stay and would stay at this hotel or a Hilton hotel in the future.
    • Park View King Room

The temperature of the lobby and restaurants was extremely cold.

I liked the buffet meals in the Bar area. The entire hotel staff was very polite, cordial and helpful. Our Housekeeper was excellent. The staff outside handling transportation requests were excellent. I really appreciated the designated smoking area away from the main entrance.

A good experience

Initial room had a smell, but I was moved and the room was much better.

The location was great. The staff was excellent. The room was good, but carpet seems outdated. Overall stay was good.

My stay was pleasant and productive.
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I liked everything. My stay was pleasant and productive.

The location was excellent. Less than a block from the convention center. The Skywalk made getting to and from the convention center easy and comfortable.

Great Time!

Nothing- Loved my experience.

Loved the close proximity to the Toyota Center. Staff were friendly and the concierge was great! Lots of wonderful places the dine!

I was a vendor at Comicpalooza and the desk staff gave me a...
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

I was a vendor at Comicpalooza and the desk staff gave me a hard time about extending the time on my parking card for the garage. I had to close up shop at 5pm and couldnt be out bt 2pm that sunday at the end of the convention. She was very rude and acted like she was severely inconvenienced.

Overall would recommend.

Very loud and busy hotel - not the place for a quiet get away.

The location was perfect, and the staff was amazing. They made our trip go as smoothly as possible.

Great hotel; but the discrimination endured at Pappadeaux's was a lasting impression.

However, our dining at the restaraunt across the street at Pappadeaux's was very disappointing as we felt very discriminated against which put a bit of a dampener in our continued stay at the hotel.

The hotel staff were excellent and very welcoming. The hotel restaraunt had a great atmosphere. We also enjoyed ourselves at the hotel bar area with very friendly staff.

Excellent location, lots of things to do around the area and...
    • Park View King Room

Payed for a park view room but didn't really get much of a view of anything but the roof of the building next to the hotel... for some reason personnel seems to be stressed and quiet.

Excellent location, lots of things to do around the area and the facilities are up to date

Non stick decals in the bathtub were worn and very rough.

Non stick decals in the bathtub were worn and very rough.....had to put a mat into the bathtub to be able to bathe or shower because the surface was so “sharp”. Hope they change these because that is my only complaint. This is a great hotel!

They were very nice the place was clean and very helpful the...

It's a good location everything was close by I didn't have to drive around

They were very nice the place was clean and very helpful the service was great help right away

Did not meet my expectations made things very uncomfortable.
    • Park View King Room

I asked for certain specific in the room and got none of them. I asked for a park view king bed and instead I received two full beds and no park view. The computers were down when we got there. I was with my wife on our anniversary weekend. Totally did not accommodate me in my request...

The location was perfect for what we were their for. Astros game.

Great location for the heart of Houston front desk needs some work.

Our biggest issue was the plumbing in our room. The bathtub in the middle of the night made a horrible noise and started backing up stuff into it. Had to get someone to fix it. Then the toilet started having issues in the middle of the night and we had to get someone to come fix it the morning. So we had to use the toilet in the lobby. The front desk were not very helpful with regard to that. The self parking is 24$ a day which is a bit pricey and the city has several taxes they add to your room and to your food bills in the hotel so just an FYI.

The over all hotel is lovely. If your in Houston for a convention at the George R Brown it’s perfect because it’s attached. Great breakfast buffet ,nice rooms although the beds are a bit hard. They have there own Starbucks and papacitos and they have a pool and spa. A nice gift shop and easy to get around the hotel.

Good but could have been better.

Valet staff seemed very disorganized. Did not enjoy the experience.

Lobby bar, restaurant and front desk staff was friendly and provided good customer service.

Upon entering the room, I noticed the toilet paper roll was...

Upon entering the room, I noticed the toilet paper roll was 2/3rd’s used and a used bar of soap was left in the shower soap tray. Made me feel like the entire room was filthy...won’t be staying there again!!

Pricey but grezt location

Didn't care for charging for wifi. It should be complimentary with the high price of rooms. Make sure to tell guests the cut off time for parking garage is 3 pm in case they need make arrangements. Also need to tell guest they charge $50 for incidentals that will be taken off cc after 3-5 days. But I felt like it was not disclosed when making reservations online through Booking.com.

Location was excellent. Lots of great restaurants. Enjoyed the skybridge thst connectec to parking garage and hotel didn't have to deal with any bad weather.

Everything was great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Just have in mind that about 18% tax to be paid additional to the price you see in your Booking.com.

They have all facilities you can think of. Food in the buffet is excellent.

This was just average hotel not the usual Hilton quality

For the money I spent on the rm it had no on room safe no micro wave which I have come to expect from a High end hotel it did have a nice fitness rm thoug the restaurant was under staffed breaffast buffet was over priced and the food tasteless asked for ketcup and never got and when o asked for s refill on my coffe was given half a cup

Great location for events at Toyota Center!

The cost was higher than I wanted to spend. Room was dark but most hotel rooms are.

All about location and easy parking both were exactly what I expected.

Lobby area and ballrooms are well decorated and easy to...

Rooms need updating. Drapes and bedding look dated.

Lobby area and ballrooms are well decorated and easy to access from guest rooms and visitors to hotel.

For the money, I was extremely disappointed.

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and had problems all weekend. Our fridge did not work so a worker brought another one about 6 hours later. When the new fridge did not fit where the old one was, he sat it in the middle of the hallway, plugged it up, and left. Also, the shower nob was messed up when we arrived and while we were there, the elevators shut down. In addition to all this, Wifi was $14 for standard and $17 for premium per day. They said if I signed up for Hilton Honors it would be free so I signed up. Only to find out the Wifi was not working...glad I didn't pay for it.

The room was clean and the workers for valet and bell hop were amazing.

Hilton Americas-Houston exceeded our expectations & I can't recommend it enough!
    • Park View King Room

WiFi connection was spotty for me. Otherwise I can't think of anything to improve upon. Great hotel all the way around!

We loved everything about the hotel! We went to Pappasito's the first night we were there & had the pleasure of having Chase as our server. He was AWESOME, as was the food! We were treated perfectly by everyone we talked with at the hotel. We used the business center to print game tix for the Angels/Astros game & also to print our boarding pass for the flight home. It was so convenient & such a great resource to be able to use. The hotel is GORGEOUS & we rarely had to wait more than 10 seconds for an elevator. Everyone was extremely friendly & professional, from the valets to the desk clerks to housekeeping. Just an incredible experience for our first time in Houston. Highly recommend the Hilton Americas-Houston!

Comfortable, enjoyable but very expensive stay without many other choices.

Everything on room service menu WAAAAAY overpriced! This seems to be a BIG problem in Houston. I would have appreciated free parking for my 35' truck and trailer (actually cost $60 each!) for the 4 days we were there. Last year my 25' truck was accommodated for free. Apparently Hilton doesn't have a good connection with the parking authority and police changed traffic pattern such that the parking space was no longer there.

Room clean; maid service very good; some minor repairs needed (shower leaks; faucet leaks; broken security bar self-locked me out). Staff apologetic and offered reduced cost (actually free) room service for missed dinner engagement. Room service was very prompt and food quality excellent. Staff is top notch!

Very enjoyable.

The weather could have been nicer, but no complaints about our accommodation.

The employees were very nice and friendly. The young man that carried our luggage to our room, I think his name was Mike, was such a nice and friendly young man. We saw him the next day and he remembered us by name. Very impressive.

Loved it!

Beautiful hotel, great staff, comfortable beds, amazing exercise facility, indoor lap pool. The exercise room was awesome - 13 state-of-the-art treadmills, 11 elliptical machines, several recumbent and regular bikes, free weights, weight machines - all with an incredible view of Houston.

Overall it was good.
    • Park View King Room

The room wasn't cool enough. The A/C kept turning off. The front desk staff did not fully explain the parking situation and we almost paid TWICE for parking. I had to ask detailed questions on how to leave the parking garage. It should be completely explained at time of check-in and it wasn't.

Overall it was good.

Overall, it’s good.

The feather down comforter, it’s heavy; and hope they change the shower head into the ones that can be hold and with stream selection

We like the food selection of the breakfast buffet and my wife loved the magnifying mirror with light in our room’s bath.

The hotel was very nice and in a very convenient location.

That my children were not told about the parking after they checked out. The front front desk was not very informative.

The hotel was very nice and in a very convenient location.

Lovely stay, very clean, room service ends early.
    • Executive Floor King Room

One of the luxuries we enjoy while staying in Houston is the great food. We were very disappointing to find that Hilton Americas has stopped serving room service after 01:00 am. We enjoy a late night snack or milkshake in the wee hours of the morning but the kitchen was closed. We would pay extra for late night meals however this is no longer an option. They don't have microwaves on the executive floors, so you're stuck with semi-cold fridge food until breakfast.

We've stayed at Hilton Americas for a convention many times before. They were quite accommodating and everything is very clean. Very professional atmosphere, staff retention is also comforting as there isn't a revolving door of employees. It feels good to be greeted by a familiar face when you're so far from home.

Great stay!
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was perfect. If you are going to an event at the Toyota Center, this is the place to stay! You could throw a rock and hit the Toyota Center from the hotel. I recommend paying for the upgrade that includes parking, breakfast and wifi. The breakfast buffet is incredible.

Very nice hotel great service and customer oriented staff. definitely recommend
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cleanliness level in the room varied from one day to another. Still very clean however, one can tell that there were more attention to details from one person to another.

The facilities accessibility to the convention center. staff were extremely nice and helpful and knowledgeable.

Highly recommend this hotel!

Ideal location. Liked catwalk to Convention Center for convenience. Located next to prof sports arena. Fluffy eggs! Lots of selections on the buffet. Very accommodating services. Convenient taxis.

Ideal place to organizing conferences with big spaces on 2-4...
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

no big shopping malls nearby

Ideal place to organizing conferences with big spaces on 2-4 floors. Good small park near the hotel for morning jogging (0.8 km. circle) good mexican restaurant with affordable prices in the hotel

The hotel smelled great, check in and out was fast and...

I hated the view. I was right on top of thw roof looking at vents. And I was on the storage and electric closet floor

The hotel smelled great, check in and out was fast and simple. The staff were very friendly

Parking sucked and Booking should filter hotels better

Parking was a real disaster, I wish I had known the hotel did not provide parking, I would not have stayed there if I knew. I was unable to enjoy a dip in the pool because people had left their rowdy kids there unsupervised, they must have been about 7 - 10 years old and there were 5 of them and they were all together.

The staff other very nice and professional

My top choice for that area!
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The hotel is seconds away from the Toyota Center and Convention Center. Quality restaurants within 3 minutes. Starbucks and an excellent restaurant inside. We drove up, handed them the keys and didn’t need the car again until we left. Excellent hotel and service! Definitely my first choice anytime I need to be in that area again.

Nothing to eat after 11 pm.
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Nothing to eat after 11 pm. After a concert we couldn't find a place except for in room dining. It took 5 phone calls to get through. It was an hour and a half wait.

Very nice hotel, friendly, helpful staff, convenient...

The rooms really need a small microwave and the bathrooms could use a heater/vent. I've never stayed in a hotel without the later for sure. Those are absolutely the only negatives I can come up with!

Very nice hotel, friendly, helpful staff, convenient location with lots to do in the area. The room was clean and the bed was very cozy and comfortable. Will definitely be staying here again! And again!

It was convenient and I everything in one place. Adult entertainment and kid friendly

Maybe a few more towels so we don't have to bother staff so late at night.

We loved everything and we will be going back to that location! My kids loved it also! The food on the 24th floor...amazing!

I would definitely stay here again

Wait for room service was over one hour. Wait for Valet was over 30 minutes. The hotel food service should be better prepared for high volumes after events at Toyota Center. Valet should be prepared for high volumes of check outs on Sundays.

Hotel has nice customer service and is in a great location. Beds were comfortable. Nice coffee machine in the room.

Thus hotel was excellent for the price, it was convenient, pappasitos is located inside.

The indoor pool area was amazing, it's on the highest floor with an outside patio that would have been my favorite spot had the weather permitted.

Stayed here for a short weekend visit; close to bars/restaurants. I'd stay here again!

Paying for Wi-Fi. I got a promo code but I had to ask for it. I don't feel like this is something that customers should be charged for.

The room was very clean; access from the parking garage and hotel was easy and a bit cheaper than valet; across the street was a really nice park; lots of things to do in the area.

We would love to make the Hilton-Americas our annual Christmas destination.

In room service menu was overpriced

Skyline view was unforgettable, room decor was modern and well placed. My kids loved the plush beds and extensive television lineup.

Bed was very comfortable!
    • Park View King Room

Our sheets did not seem to have been changed before our visit in our room. They had some sort of blood stain on them that freaked my boyfriend and I out. We called for them to change the sheets and it took over an hour for them to come. We had to call twice.

Bed was very comfortable!

Hotel to live!

Unfortunagely Spa was closed during the holiday week.

One of my favorite hotels in the US. Good location, several bars and restaurants close by, very good amenities (spectacular urban views from the pool), great bar, Starbucks on site, excellent staff, beautiful executive lounge. Can't beat this hotel in Houston!

Our room was nice, we had a beautiful scenery from our 8th...

The air conditioning in our room was set at the lowest it could go 66.0 degrees and our room was still hot, didn’t sleep well at all due to room being so hot, wife was not to happy.

Our room was nice, we had a beautiful scenery from our 8th floor window, the bed,pillows, and blankets were very comfortable, but the a.c was horrible.

AMAZING hotel! AMAZING staff! Wonderful stay!
    • Park View King Room

I love everything about this hotel! This was a much needed vacation/birthday trip for me. The view was great, right in the middle of downtown. Steven, who checked us in, comped our parking and breakfast for the entire stay; he even sent up a bottle of champagne on my birthday. Room service was good and everything arrived in a timely manner. The cleaning staff were friendly. I was so impressed with this hotel, we will definitely be coming back!

Adequate but not what i expect from a Hilton
    • Park View King Room

World's slowest elevators, slow & troublesome wifi, hassle from housekeeping to leave room ahead of paid late check-out, dated rooms & decor, long lines at check-in & check out.

Location in proximity to conference

Location location location
    • Park View King Room

Other than the fact of having to pay for valet parking as opposed to the other stuff hotels I've stayed at , one nuisance, that I'm sure they would have rectified if we called down, was the coffee machine in the room-- it malfunctioned, and there was a dispute over whether or not smoking was allowed on the Terrace on the 24th floor. I was told over the phone that it wasn't and if there were designated smoking areas downstairs, however I never found these designated smoking areas, and the morning I went out on the Terrace ( which I think should be open 24 hours, though you have to go through the pool to get to the Terrace) , I found a smoker's pole ashtray, and struck up conversation with maintenance man who told me that of course I could smoke up there that everybody does. I did in front of a few employees and nobody said anything, so that made up for the confusion.

The hotel was very clean, and the staff were dressed and acted in a 4 star hotel's manner. The building itself is beautiful, and the views are amazing. The room was smaller than the sweet I've been given for around the same price at the Hyatt Regency, but that room usually runs near $300 yes and I only booked for 200 dollars, go after taxes and fees and valet fee, $37 (Free at the Hyatt), my actual total ended up being 300 dollars on the nose. The hotel has a 24th floor indoor pool deck surrounded by glass windows giving you an amazing views, and then outside there is a beautiful Terrace giving you 180-degree views of the city in the open air, which nearly makes up for the price I paid. It's right next door to the Toyota Center and we had a concert, so the convenience of being back in our hotel rooms in less than 5 minutes versus driving 2 hours home made the hotel a great choice.

Awesome hotel close to everything

My only complaint was the price of the restaurant. I didn't feel that what I got was worth 50 dollars for 2 people. The food wasn't that hot and when I ask for extra cream and sugar the server acted like it was a hassle. My only other complaint is that I made a room upgrade for $12 a night but it must have voided my total cause the room cost me double what I was quoted. But even with that being the case it was worth it for the view

Location and view. I picked this hotel because I was in town for WWE weekend at the Toyota center. It was easy to leave the hotel and just walk over to the arena

We had and awesome time at the pool side.

The room temperature was very hot I was sweating all night, didn't sleep much. Don't know if something was wrong with the air-conditioning, because even getting on the elevator was hot.

Everything was awesome beautiful and every clean.

It was great until they sneak in an extra $43 just to park at their parking garage overnight
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The bad ratings all pertain to the fact that I was not warned parking was so expensive. Just warn people. It cost me $43 to park my car less than 24 hours at the hotel parking garage.

The swimming pool area

It was nice but with valet and parking fee. It was just not worth it for me.

I did not like that valet was an additional 36 dollars a day. I did not appreciate valet moving my seat and steering wheel. Valet also changed my XM radio station on more than one occasion and each time had it on Ozzie Osborn station.

I like how the hostess made accommodations. For celebrating a Birthday

convenient but old

First room was not what I reserved and hot. Second room was hot and engineering head to be called several times to correct it. I like to sleep in a very cold - 67°- room.

Convenience

We Parked in the parking structure and took a ticket to be...
    • Queen Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

We Parked in the parking structure and took a ticket to be paid at the kiosk . The hotel charged us for parking too and didn't tell us . Looks like they are trying to charge people twice for parking .

Hotel was great.Staff needs improvement on guest/customer relations.Maintenance was more friendly.
    • Park View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The in-room coffee is the worst. Each time it was made it had a burned flavor. Not good. Hotel should switch to STARBUCKS PIKE PEAK in the hotel rooms. Registration worker was unfriendly and slightly rude.

Bed and pillows are amazing!hotel smelled fresh and clean!

I told them it was my birthday in the comments section and...

I told them it was my birthday in the comments section and they had a bottle of chilled wine, 2 glasses, and a handwritten birthday card waiting for me in my room!

Browse Hilton Americas - Houston traveller photo gallery