Reviews of Hilton Arlington 3 stars

950 North Stafford Street, Arlington, VA 22203, USA

#25 of 68 hotels in Arlington

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

Shower could have been stronger.

Good staff. Comfortable room. Comfortable bed. Much less expensive than staying in the city, but literally just steps away from the Metro. Did not choose the breakfast buffet. Ate instead at a breakfast bar right out the door where you can get an omelette for $5

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was great, maybe a bit bigger and more equiped gym.

With position of the hotel right above the Ballston Metro station, big rooms with large beds and huge flatscreen TV it was a very nice stay. Howeer, what makes the stay in this hotel exceptional are the peaople who work there.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The layout of the hotel was a little strange so the walk from the elevator to my room was a bit lengthy.

The location right above the Ballston metro stop was super convenient!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The elevators were a challenge. Only one worked that was attached to the hotel. This became very cumbersome after 4 days.

The rooms were clean, extremely comfortable, and updated.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

- the staff is very helpful, responsive and friendly. - very convenient location, many eateries around, just next to the Metro, enjoy location and neighbourhood very much. - bed is comfortable, bedsheets, towels, and the room seem clean.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

Nope, every thing is perfect.

Great Location very close to metro, Metro just on the side of hotel very convenience. Room is big clean and have microwave and small coffee machine in cabinet. Has Ice maker machine near elevator. Has restaurant, mini mart, Sushi to go. Wifi is good but have to regist to Hilton member. Staff is nice, we come early because our flight is change but staff try to find room for us to take a rest. I really recommended this hotel.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was under renovation and we were not informed ahead of time. The elvators did not always work and we had to navigate around construction sites.

The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. The room was small but adequate.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The management was bad an not helpful, the room was not clean enough, the walls were so thin you could hear everything going on next door as if it was the same room as you, very bad value for money, the rate was extremely high and wifi and breakfast were not included. I was in town for business and my colleague had a similar bad experience with her room. I was shocked that this was a Hilton.

I cannot say I liked anything, the service was bad, the hotel was the worst Hilton I have ever stayed at, and the walls were so thin you could hear everything next door.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My check out experience was very poor. The desk clerk, Unique, was extremely curt and I had to press her to get the service that I required. I did complain to the manager on duty.

The room was very comfortable and very clean

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Nothing. I really liked all aspects of my two night stay.

Great location literally in top of the Metro, attentive staff, comfortable/clean rooms, excellent breakfast buffet, free parking, good wifi and a very competitive price.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The Parking was a hassle and elevator as well. The room was small and felt cluttered due to how everything was arranged. Got charged $67 for not sure what reason. And another $3

Bed was comfy and refrigerator was kickin when it came to making our drinks cold

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There is a $20 parking fee that is not mentioned. Housekeeping likes to think the Hallway is a place to shout at each other like they are on opposite sides of a football field. Renovations started at 0830 in the room above mine.

Close to relatives

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Parking charges were too high, at par with DC downtown hotels. Had expected more reasonable prices at Arlington....and a little thing.....body wash is so much more convenient these days than soap bars !

Staff was courteous and helpful

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Minor points: 1. Adjoining room had a party at 02:30. Sound and light came through the door of the adjoining room. 2. Light bulbs were a blue light (high K). Warmer colors would be more comfortable.

Clean, comfortable room with good fixtures/appliances

• King Corner Room -Hearing Accessible

No sundries shop where I could pick up bottled water, etc.

Location! I selected the property because it was on a Metro route so I could safely travel around.

• Non-Smoking Club King Room

Front desk staff was not informative. Every question seemed like it was a “bother to answer” Rooms were dated. No complimentary breakfast.

Metro was located within feet it the building.

Paying for parking.

We were greeted by a very nice man and the clerk at the desk was very friendly. Parking was a bit confusing but only because some of the levels were closing for power washing but the garage clerk was also very helpful and nice.

No breakfast and paid parking.

Being such a renowned hotel not having complimentary breakfast and parking is not exactly the people would be looking at. There are properties which are much cheaper in same area and provide both facilities.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

My fiancé found the bed to be uncomfortable and we both found the pillows to be horribly uncomfortable (my neck is still hurting). We were not happy that there was a party in the restaurant and we could still hear the music in our room on the 6th floor. I understand it's a Saturday night, but some people want some rest after a long day of traveling. We were surprised to find that the room had no mini fridge or safe.

The room was really very nice! The bathroom was amazing; it wasn't very big, but it had a really nice, modern shower and marble countertops. The staff were incredibly friendly. It is right on top of Ballston station.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

THe coffee was dreadful but Starbucks, IHOP and Dunkin Donuts were next door!

We loved the location, close to the Metro, restaurants and most of all - close to our daughter's house

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were so uncomfortable that we both woke up with back pain.

The AC in our room did not work at all but the staff moved us to another room in the middle of the night.

• King Corner Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

View from my window. I got a view of the roof.

I loved the décor and lemonade in the lobby when we came in after a long day on the road. Hotel staff took care of us. They reviewed our hotel bill as we were leaving and something didn't seem right, so they corrected it. I was grateful to have attentive staff. Overall a super experience! I will come back next year and send others there when visiting Arlington, VA.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Our room didn't have a bath tub, and we were not warned that would be the case booking the size room we did, so that as hard with the kids.

Very convenient near the metro, but it is a 20 minute ride into DC. The area around the hotel is great for food and shopping.

• King Corner Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Location of hotel is a little far from downtown.

The best thing is the metro, subway is very very close. You can visit any tour points with subway and it seems clean and safe. The seven eleven and Chinese restaurant locate close the road in front of hotel, and it was comfort.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I booked at this hotel because I understood from the booking.com website that parking was included. It was not: the cost was $20.00/day. Nor was breakfast included: cost was over 17.00. I had passed up booking other hotels because the added cost of parking drove the rate per day up more than the daily rate at Hilton without the added parking fee....& unlike Hilton, many of these included breakfast. I think next time I will book at hotels directly, & inquire about discounts for AAA membership, etc., as well as what costs are for such 'extras' such as breakfast, parking etc. Other irritants: Dark decor w/ only one small window; no light in the 'closet'.

Metro station located directly under the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• King Corner Room -Hearing Accessible

Very spacious and comfortable room to relax in, especially after two weeks in a tiny New York room!! :-) Very convenient to the metro. Great value for money compared to other hotels around.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

Assistant desk manager was not friendly at all. The last thing I want to do is talk to someone who doesn't at least pretend to be interested in my arrival, after driving 4 hours in traffic to get there.

Beds were very comfortable and the facilities were nice & clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The parking was really expensive! $40 for 2 days is not cheap! And there was not a pool in the hotel like the website for the hotel showed there was. I was very disappointed.

The location, how beautiful it was, and that they had parking on the property.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was lovely, the staff was very courteous and helpful. The room was great for what I needed, a little on the small side, but the lovely decor and the bathroom made up for that. I would recommend this location to anyone.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

The only thing I didn't like was the price. It was really, really high, considering that Ballston isn't downtown. For that reason, I won't stay at the hotel again. That is disappointing, as I enjoyed my stay.

The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room and bathroom were both well furnished and pleasant to stay in.

• King Corner Room -Hearing Accessible

Susan, from Budapest, was very rude and gave horrible customer service. My friends and I were checking in at the same time and she used a very condescending tone and told my husband and I to step aside while she was checking in our friends. We were just standing there! I very rarely get offended and she definitely offended all four of us

The bed was the most comfortable I've ever seen

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The bedding was not that great. The pillows were unusually tiny (not reallly a big deal) and the sheets were scratchy, but everything was clean and worth what we paid for our room.

The location is fantastic. There are plenty of restaurants nearby - even a 24 hour IHOP right across the street. Metro access to everywhere was amazing and there was a convienent parking garage right underneath the hotel with average pricing. The room had all of the average amenities and looked as though it had been updated recently.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Staff almost refused my check because i didn't have credit card. I paid cash in full. My girlfriend booked the room and used her card but couldn't attend. They accepted her card over the phone. I drove 4 hours to take my daughter to c a show she planned for months. This second bad experience i had with hilton. March in Staten Island. Put my room under night club

beds comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

We were charged 3x for lunch (swiped 2 cards that were "denied", then paid cash). Charges immediately showed on our bank statements, accounting wasn't able to rectify. We now must file a claim. The salads weren't worth the trouble. Someone was crying outside our room at 2am and they were painting the hallway on our floor.

beds were comfy.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I reserved 2 rooms & had the confirmation however the hotel only had 1 room reserved for me. Front desk person lacked personality. Thank goodness they had another room available or I would not have been a happy camper.

The size of the television was surprising.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Considering that they RECENTLY renovated the place, the toilet seat was scuffed and the sink had cracks in it. The sink also needed cleaning.

Convenient, yet discreet location. Sometimes, it's nice to be recognized and welcomed back by hotel staff. Feels like home.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• King Corner Room -Hearing Accessible

time for renovating the rooms. Wanted to have an extra hour of sleep on Sunday, but loud talking by the cleaning staff outside the room.

conveniently located.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I was charged about $37 more than the quote I was given when I booked the room. I've had to write Booking.com and ask whether there is a mistake or if I will get that money back. I was not informed of any additional fees that would make the total price higher.

Bed and TV options were great. Very comfortable.

• King Corner Room -Hearing Accessible

Well first of all the receptionist was rude, view out side of the room was terrible seen of the roof with air conditioning and it made noise all night, we to pay for parking, they took money off my credit card after we left with out informing me or letting me know that was there policy and no continental breakfast, who does that?

Well we had one staff member that was really nice I think he was guess attendant and the inner part of the room was good.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant is over priced for the quality of the food, and the staff didn't speak english very well so there was a communication problem. No swimming pool and very little workout equipment.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

We were trying to book another night but the would not let us stay in our room. They wanted us to leave and come back to room 2 doors down. Not good planning since they lost a room rental because they made us leave. If we had of stayed it would have been extra room rented and 1 less room housekeeping had to clean.

Nice place most staff very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

That I couldn't get free WiFi unless being a Hilton member. And even after that, I still couldn't get it to work. Shouldn't have to go through that much work to get the internet (or not even get it in my case).

I liked that the location of the hotel was right next to the train station. The bed was amazing.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was amazing also the room was very clean and well organized. The cleaning ladies were fabulous and prompt. I will definitely will stay again.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

Charged extra for Internet access. This is the first hotel, first place, I have ever been that does not offer free wifi access. The stores and restaurants around the hotel had free wifi but not this hotel. I found other hotels in the same area that had free wifi. I will stay at one of them next time.

Excellent location. Room was kept clean and staff was helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

beds were very comfy..access to metro right outside hotel entrance.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was very poor didn't change the beds didn't clean the bathroom

People at the front desk was excellent

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

Great location. Right next to Metro which is ideal for heading into DC.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

Good Location and accessibility to Public transport. Comfortable rooms. Helpful staff.

Elevator was not good.

I liked everything.

Happy with my stay

The location was good for transportation around DC and area. The room was clean and spacious with comfortable beds.

area

metro

Parking cost $20/day and the garage had tight parking spaces

Super clean

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The bar tender Kiki was very professional and pleasant!

No refrigerator.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

lighting could be much better

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Staff was welcoming and very informative about the area. The Metro proximity was a Bonus!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Construction, rooms were supposed to be close and were initially on separate floors. Did get them both on same floor at Check In.

Right by the metro

• King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

How long it took to get my phone to work and not enough warning about construction and metro access options ,etc.

Location and quiet room.

Missing hottub

Near by the subway.

• Non-Smoking Deluxe Double Room

The fan in our bathroom did not work. The last day our toilet did not fill up with water

The rate was 20.00 higher than on booking.com. the bathrooms are small.

Early check in and room size

Construction work

Excellent breakfast, comfortable beds

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

All of the staff were greatly

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

No mini fridge or jacuzzi :((

The dinner

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Room was advertised as two queen beds but they were actually full sized beds.

Great location. Walking distance to many bars and restaurants.

• King Corner Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Loud air and heater unit...Bathroom door didn't close

Nice room decor..Nice friendly staff

good value for money

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for an extra blanket and pillows and room service never brought them.

Paid wifi

Excellent location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Room had an odor. Bathroom was dirty.

Had to pay $20 per night for parking in tbe hotels garaged