Reviews of Hilton Atlanta Airport 4 stars

1031 Virginia Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30354, USA

#162 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

I was initially given a room with what I’m sure was a bullet hole in the window ! I happened to research and a staff was indeed murdered in one of the rooms. When I requested to switch rooms a staff member came into the room looked at the window and walked out. He totally ignored my question about what caused the window to shatter although it was very obvious. Another staff member who didn’t see the window said we would like to let you know it’s not a bullet hole however she didn’t see the window and I never stated my opinion on it being bullet hole. Which confirmed it was indeed a bullet hole. We switched rooms and went to the 15th floor which smelled of strong weed. The next room the tv didn’t work we were accommodated with free breakfast coupons and a $20 credit to on site restaurants. Parking was $20 which wasn’t worth it all. Definitely would not stay at this Hilton again. Oh

Indoor pool was not heated and hot tub was out of order. Pretty much the only reason I chose this place. Room was ok, but not satisfied with the value. They charge for WiFi and no complimentary breakfast.

• Queen Tower Room

Not enough towels(3) for a 2 day stay for 4 people. And no working a.c. in 1st room. Not enough parking. And why do you pay for parking at a hotel. That's absurd since cost of hotel is high enough.

Quick response to our complaint of no working air conditioning in our room.

The photos do not match the actual room, the bathrooms different and the shower didn't drain well. They also do not tell you there will be parking fees and incidentals added to the price of $80 per night. There are no carts to carry your luggage available.

The room is comfy, the bed is super soft. Elevators are really fast.

I didn’t like that I had to ask for towels. I also had to ask about 3/4 times before I got them. I was told they don’t clean the room if you’re staying for longer than a day. But after I made my complaints, my room was cleaned and straightened.

The staff was very friendly, I had actually forgotten to call to check in and made it later than expected. Our room was great! It was very cozy and clean when we entered. The beds were very comfortable. The blackout curtains almost had us miss an engagement! Lol The breakfast was also good!! My friend and I almost missed it, but the waitress ushered us in and made sure we got all we wanted! She really took care of us! I actually forgot to print my ticket for a concert and the internet was down at the business station. But the young lady at the customer service desk gladly helped me to ensure that my ticket was printed! She definitely saved us! 😩

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel charge you $19 per day to park on their premises and you are a guest. Valet parking is $24. That is insane. Also, the housekeeping isn’t doing their jobs. Blood was on a supposedly clean towel that I opened up. We will never return here again.

The hotel was clean and had different restaurants and room service that you can select for food.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

GPS took me to north east neighborhood. Called spoke with oriental person for directions “ man let me put you on hold for a quick second, I will get someone to help you with directions” Never came back to phone. Toiletries on floor under sink. Toilet out dated too low to floor. No two bathrooms as the one I stayed in Chicago.

Room temperature. It was 69 and wouldn't adjust even when I put it up to 74. The windows were really dirty on the outside to the extent that it was difficult to see.

The bed and bedding.

Self parking a nightmare. It is a very large lot, but still nowhere to park. We then tried to valet and were told it was full, that we could go to a separate lot a street over and be shuttled in. Really? For $19 I'm not being shuttled in. We were told it was a holiday weekend so that was why parking was so tight, we ended up making a spot on the really nice grass on a hill by the pool since we were in my husband's truck.

We were in town for a concert at the Lakewood amphitheater. Hotel super close, less than 5 minutes away. Staff friendly, room was large and clean. Was a holiday weekend and hotel was pretty busy. Had late night food at the attached sports bar, was surprisingly really good bar food.

I booked a King room 3 weeks prior to our arrival. When we arrived at the hotel, I was told they had overbooked the hotel and the only room they could place me in was one with a double bed. I refused the room and explained I had booked a room and received confirmation weeks ago, and I expected the type of room I reserved. The check-in lady told me that my reservation only held me a spot, not a specific room type. I calmly expressed my frustration and explained that wasn’t so because I have paid for a king room at the king room price, not a small room with a double bed as that was a different price. Finally, we were put in a room that matched our reservation, unloaded our things from the car and once making it to our room, the key card wouldn’t work. A supervisor on the floor saw our struggle and let us in with her master card, she explained that sometimes happens with the cards so we need to take it back down to have it “re-keyed”. As my husband was taking the key downstairs, someone opens our door and begins to walk in with luggage. They had just been assigned the same room. My husband comes back to the room with a reset key that again did not work. We finally got everything straightened out and was able to carry on with our evening. The hotel is very nice and clean from what I experienced but with all of the problems we started with, I doubt I will ever stay at this Hilton again.

Nice, clean hotel.

For some reason I got charged someone else’s bill at the sports bar, and the staff had no solution for me not even showing proof of my signature on the check. They asked me to call customer service on Monday... not Hilton standards at all.

I thought breakfast was included, but I had to pay. My misunderstanding. Maybe the security...Unfortunately there were kids running up and down the halls yelling from 11:00 PM, for a half an hour, as I tried to sleep. Parents need to teach their kids hotel etiquette

The staff and room were excellent!

• Queen Tower Room

My room was not clean. The desk was sticky and no one made our beds or cleaned our room. The food was terrible and the service was worse.

The waitress at breakfast was very nice.

We’d booked breakfast inclusive plan but the concierge didn’t recognize so. We needed to explain with printed documents again.

Good location with reasonable price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The service of the hotel staff in hospitality was pretty good, however, it could have been better! The lady at check-in was semi rude to my wife and I! Checking out was ok! The parking situation exciting was a mess! The security "guard" that came to assist had a VERY RUDE AND STINKING ATTITUDE!This needs to be addressed at a 5 star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ location such as this!

The food was good for lunch and dinner each day for the Toastmasters convention! The rooms were nice and comfortable!

This room was not even close to what was advertised!!! There was a velour chair in the room with a questionable stain on it. The baseboards were chipping and peeling. The bathroom door needed to be painted. The chair at the desk was dirty and look like it has never been cleaned. The refrigerator sounded like a freight train.The rooms definitely need an immediate remodel. Definitely not worth what they charging. I will NEVER come to Hilton AGAIN!!! Drury Inn will be my go to hotel in Georgia.

Jahi W was awesome and he was about the only one who didn't have me waiting and immediately took care of what I requested!!

I was assigned to a room and it was the room that someone was using. It was a terrible experience. I have not heard any apology or explanation for the wrong room assignment. I made reservations in advance, showed my voucher, but had to pay for the more expensive room without much explanation. You ruined my first day of travel. I will never use this hotel again.

Comfortable Bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

All of the pools were Very very dirty! I chose this location for the indoor pool for my daughter , and it was filthy , they all were

The beds were amazing, we slept great ! And it was only 15 minutes away from the aquarium!

I was not aware that parking was not included in the price of the stay. I was not given the option to add on when booking or I would have known. That information is on here but you have to look hard for it. Price for parking is now $19 instead of the listed $18. The hotel was super understanding about it and more than made up for it. I appreciated that.

Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast buffet had a nice selection of food but you could request made to order omelets. Wait staff was super nice. We enjoyed the bar downstairs. Wait staff there was very attentive and personable. We enjoyed talking with them.

That we had to check out and go home

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I wish I could remember the woman who checked us in because she went above and beyond. Not only did she give us a room on the top floor facing the airport (Aviation fan here). I had forgotten to book a handicapped accessible room for my mother and they were able to get our room type switched on the spot at no extra cost. The walk in shower in our room was phenomenal. The breakfast, while a bit pricey, was very delicious. And when scraped my knuckle on something and asked the front desk for a band-aid not only did the young woman at the front desk give me a band-aid she also gave me spray and ointment for my cut as well. The concierge were also very helpful and friendly. And It was great not having to leave the hotel for some Starbucks. Overall a fantastic experience and I look forward to staying here next time I visit Atlanta.

• King Bed with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

The tiolet was not working properly. It wasn't flushing. I had no fridge in my room. My entire food got spoiled. I had to throw it away. I was not pleased.

• King Junior Suite

There wasn't anything I did not like about the stay at the Hilton

It was just a totally awesome experience I enjoyed everything about staying there

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I had a two year old and 2 month old and was put in room next to a college frat with a joining door in the room. Also my ac wasn't working properly.

Waiting for our room.

We were early & so couldn’t check in. We were told that we would receive a text telling us when our room was ready but after waiting several hours & receiving no text I went & asked again to be told our room was now ready.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Free WiFi for one day only which was not communicated in the confirmation email. Parking was not free it was 19.00 a day. The Italian restaurant’s table cloths looked like they haven’t been washed in weeks. The bathroom in our room constantly smelled like urine like they cleaned it with urine.

Comfortable beds and one friendly hotel staffer who spoke to us every day we saw her.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

My booking.com reservation was not in their system, The Jacuzzi did not have water and the both large restaurants were closed. The Sports bar was nice but limited items were on menu. The market below had great coffee but was too expensive. For example $45 for a small packet of Advil.

They did not have my booking.com reservation but quickly booked me a room for cheaper with a view. Bed was comfortable, room had a nice view and the shuttle service was great. Staff was nice.

We felt that the restaurants and other food prices were a bit too high. I can find lots of places to feed two people breakfast for quite a bit less than forty dollars. The food on the buffet was not hot at all.

We found almost everything to be very exceptional, and to our liking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hidden fees $19 a day to park in a parking lot that I paid almost $500 to stay in for 3 nights, incidental $60 a day charge I was not made aware of any of these charges until check in. The hot tub was not working and I wasn’t made aware at check in. The charge for breakfast 21 a person was extreme

The bed was like a cloud and so very comfortable housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping room straightened and clean linen

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Restaurants were not open with the exception of one which was a bar .. breakfast was marginal ... room felt “tired”. It’s further from the airport than I imagined.

Bed was comfortable.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

Staff unhelpful. This was our first night of our honeymoon and our experience was terrible. Our TV didn't work and our phones didn't work so my husband had to go to the lobby to communicate with anyone. After an hour and asking twice, someone came to look at our tv. They couldn't fix it so tried to replace it with not one but two other Tvs that had to be installed. Our visit was only from 930pm-4am and this process took up our whole night. We asked for a new room and they would not comply. Very dissapointed.

• Queen Junior Suite

The size of the bed or the to. They both was to little for the size of the room... The breakfast buffet was not good at all.. I thought that everyone that I put in the system would be able to eat breakfast not just for 2 people.. The price for the breakfast buffet was too expensive. It was not worth it. And expensive as the room was, how you guys don't have no microwave at all in the room? And then this woman pool did not work. I was very unhappy with this property. I also didn't like the fact that the lady at the front desk didn't tell us anything about the breakfast and we checked in that equal cause more for each person we only give you a voucher for 2 and then she didn't even give us any vouchers we had to find out about that the next morning when we went to breakfast how embarrassed was that

The bathroom in the room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The size of the beds,the breakfast buffet,the kids couldn't use the pool, I really would have like to know that when we bookes the room,the of the food.I would have like more information about the breakfast buffet, because when I checked in the front desk did not tell me anything about it or give me my vouchers, and I though that everyone get one I didn't know it was only for two...I really would have went some place else.. And I really would have like my money back...and I didn't like the fact that their was no microwave in the room...

The bathroom

• King Mini Suite

The restaurant on the main floor was closed.

We missed our connection to Aruba and spent the night here with no luggage. The woman in charge of the front desk was PHENOMENAL! She really spoiled us. We were on our honeymoon AND it was my husbands birthday. They sent us up chocolates and champagne and she gave me toiletries for the night. Exceptional service!!!

The cost for the night's stay was not what I expected and I wasn't given my rewards points.

The restaurants. Although the wait time was long, the food was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I left my glasses in the room. I called and gave my information for someone to reach me back when housekeeping finds them and no one has called or turned them in. That’s frustrating because I know they were left there.

N/a

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Pool and jacuzzi were out of service. Really wanted to use it.

Staff friendly and very helpful. Answered all questions. Gym facilities nice. Beds were super comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I didn’t have a problem with anything.

It was great having the restaurant and bar & grill on property. The breakfast buffet was hot and plenty of options

Policy on incidentals. Also not offered an upgrade as my business partner was. I have been an honors member for years. Also expressed dissatisfaction with bathroom cleanliness but it was never rectified. Inquired about breakfast that was supposed to be part of room. I was sent to 17th floor for continental. My partner was given vouchers to eat in Restaurant . I made all the reservations for both of us which should have been identical. Really treated poorly by Hilton

• King Room - Executive Floor

i had an executive suite and i had no microwave in my room. i had to pay 10.00 extra to have one. that really sucked.

the breakfast was excellent, the hotel was clean and cozy. i wanted to take the bed home with me. i really enjoyed my stay

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

I had a long layover in Atlanta and chose to go to this hotel to get some rest. Best decision ever. Very comfortable, hight quality standards, clean, quiet and a super friendly staff. All you expect from a Hilton hotel. just not a 10/10 because I consider it to be a bit pricey, but otherwise great.

I had to get on the airport shuttle bus by 5:15 a.m. and they don't start serving breakfast until 5:30 a.m..

Shower set up was great. Room was very spacious! Bed was comfy. The room had some pretty cool art in it too.

The staff is doing a good job as are the valet parkers ( there should have been more assigned for last night's HOLIDAY volume). But there is terrible air in the pipes causing a loud annoying howl whenever we are showering... to be honest the property in and of itself needs a bit of updating and attention... (Hard water scale on the Windows over the magnolia restaurant. Mildew in the crevices and along the shower doors edge). When we arrived, yesterday, there was a linen/laundry cart in the hall by our door which did not get moved until sometime in the morning...we were not impressed with the breakfast. To be honest I'm a bit disappointed. But the rooms are decorated well and stocked efficiently. To be fair the office staff did offer compensation wirh honor points for our inconvenience.

Everything down to piece if gum is high as hell. Then the food doesn't match the price. The main reason we stayed here was for the indoor pool but it was under maintenance.

The beds were very comfy. I had a nice view and access to alot of different amenities.

• King Bed with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

They only offered paid perking at the rate of 19.00 per day. I think it ridiculous to have to pay for parking (non valet) at the hotel you're staying in.

First they gave me someone else’s room and I walked in on another guest. Was given room 1134 There was no complimentary bottled water in the room. Parking was horrible

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed in room 510 something in the room kept a loud noise sounded like someone was coming in we thought it might be coming from the fridge. No ironing board heat didn't work right sent someone up to fix then started being cool again. For the Hilton I expected better. At checkout the front desk person apologized

The fact they tried to charge $10 for me to use a microwave for less then two minutes. Not to mention upon my arrival I had stain on the cover. When asked for a clean one room service had an attitude while telling me all they're covers were like that.

No European electrical connection which is strange for International (Airport) hotel chain Also nu USB in the room Also not possible to get converter in the hotel lobby

Bed very good to sleep And rooms very good isolated for airport noise

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We loved this hotel and will stay every time we need to fly out of Atlanta

We loved that the hotel was close to the airport and provided a free shuttle to and from the airport. For a small charge we were able to leave our car in their long term parking. Sure took a lot of hassles away from dealing with Atlanta airport . They have a Starbucks in the lobby and a good sports bar downstairs. Although we were close to the airport we were not disturbed by noise.

The dirty sheets

Our room wasn't clean..... housekeeping did not put clean sheets for my bed. After sitting and laying in the bed is when I noticed that it wasn't clean.... dirty spots were in the sheets. I also tried to put the AC on heat because it was very cold outside and the heater didn't come on at all.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet in bathroom seat was loose, when you flush water kept running, when you take a shower and the person in the room next to you is also using the water, it's like we are sharing the water

Bed was comfortable

Rooms are remarkably dark - color palate and placement of lamps combine to make for an oddly dark environment

The front desk staff was fabulous and the concierge Johnny was efficient and did an incredible job problem solving for me A+

We wasn't informed about the $60 additional charge when booking. Restroom could've been cleaned better.

It's a nice hotel. The staff was very helpful and it was quiet.

We had a suite, but they didn't tell us until we were checking out that we could have had free breakfast and drinks in the executive lounge... a bit disappointing, especially since we ended up paying extra for our breakfast.

Very comfy beds and pillows. Great place to stay when arriving with your family late at night on a long flight.

The bed was as hard as a rock. I’ve stayed at several Hilton hotels and I have never had a bed this hard. I asked to move to a different room the next day but they did not let me. And, they were not fully booked. My trip was for 5 nights but I only stayed at this Hilton for one night because I woke up feeling like I got hit by a cement truck. My whole body was sore for 3 days. I checked out after one night and stayed at a Marriott, and the bed was great there. Worst customer service ever and room service has a horrible menu selection and extremely over priced. Also, the hotel is located in a bad area... in the ghetto bad. I definitely would not feel safe to walk down the street alone at night. And I grew up in Lawrence, MA so that’s pretty bad if I felt this way in this area of ATL, LOL. I would not recommend this hotel.

I liked that they had shuttle service to the airport

One of our rooms smelled horrible and the bathroom door frame was broken so that you couldn’t close the door. They should not rent the room out until they’ve fixed the door and the smell.

Staff were amazing

Guests should be told when they check in to come to reception desk each morning to collect breakfast voucher, If they have already paid or pre-booked breakfast. Not when we had sat down in restaurant. Disappointing that they never took note or acknowledged my email sent months before, as this was a special occasion for me and my partner. Old signs still hanging up in main walkway, states that there is a gift shop, this does not exist anymore, and has not for years.

Help yourself breakfast is plentiful, waitress very nice & attentive. Lots of variety from cook breakfast to continental.. Bed super comfy. Excellent choice of gym equipment. Nice Indoor hot tub and outside pool area.

I rented two rooms. Mine was fine but my daughters room was terrible. The bathroom door was missing part of the wood and wouldn’t close property and there was a strong musty odor in the entire room. I’m sure they would have given my daughters another room if we had complained, but there weren’t any other rooms available on the same floor- and we wanted to be close. I was truly shocked at the disrepair of the room - definitely well below expectations. Additionally, the main restaurant was closed - per the staff it hadn’t been doing well so they shut it down - which meant we had to get a taxi to go out for dinner unless we wanted to eat in their sports bar/pub.

The staff was great.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

There wasn’t microwave in the room. And there wasn’t a vending machine closer than the lobby we were on the 7th floor) And the fact that the hotel holds $60 from your card instead of charging you later, I’m usually a MARRIOTT PERSON and they never do this.

The shower 🤷‍♀️

Hotel is under massive construction on bottom level. Should be mentioned up front when booking. Additionally, there is no free parking. $20/per day. Park behind the hotel at the Residence Inn for free and walk over.

The rooms are awesome. Bed is really comfortable. Excellent shower.

Phone didn't work in the first room second room had an issue with the tv. The coffee tasted terrible and our room rate wasn't locked in. Only plus was the pooland gym and the fact that the shuttle was 24 hours. It was easy to find from the airport, arrived quickly when needed and got us to the airport comfortably and timely.

Housekeeping didn't clean our room the entire stay. Had to call front desk twice for clean towels and rags.

Beds were very comfortable! Room was great size and view was very nice.

First room has broken toilet .. guest services never picked up the phone .. when they did you were placed on hold and forgotten with no call back ... literally left phone on speaker went to front desk came back and was still on hold .. I was charged for room service or dining that I never had..

The Whirlpool Tub and free parking

• King Bed with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

How it was so unprofessional and unorganized. They never answer the phone no trash bags in the trash can. Very poor hospitality The Air conditioning was horrible very hot in the room at night.

The bed was kinda comfortable.

The shower door would not close so the bathroom floor kept getting wet. I cannot understand why higher end hotels no longer put microwaves in the room. I'm sure its for financial reasons but it sure is not for the guests pleasure.

Room was nice. Parking was easy access in and out.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room as very hot. Even with the air conditioner on it was very uncomfortable. The jets in the hot tub are broken and will not come on. The indoor heated pool was ice cold. When arriving at the indoor pool there were very loud drunk and drinking peoole. They were never asked to leave and it was very uncomfortable for me with my small children.

I didn't like that I booked a king bed but was given doubles and had to take my things back to the front desk for another room and neither room had a bathtub

It was a convenient location for me

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

None of our requests were met initially. The rooms smelled like smoke. Not near the elevator. I had to move my mom twice to a room close to the elevator

• King Mini Suite

Our in room refrigerator door was sticking a bit

We booked the mini king suite. It was spacious and comfortable. I was nervous after reading the poor reviews about cleanliness etc. Did not have any of those issues. After a week as an evacuee, this room provided a great night's sleep. We would stay here again. Also, nice included breakfast buffet--fresh omlette station.

• King Room - Executive Floor

The people fron the desk and Valet parking are amazing! They are really great people! The people from the brakefast restaurant, room service and the little retaurant in the lobby are NOT! Very rude! Super not polite! Thats a shame because we like the room a lot.

• Double Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

18 dollars a day for parking is a bit much. Especially if your traveling via car. It hikes up the price of the stay. I also noticed that the pillow covers were very worn and had holes from wear over time. I also didn't like that the bathroom doesn't have a vent to get rid of steam in a bathroom.

Clean and neat. Friendly staff, had a small bar that served food. Parking is gated. Pillows and covers were fluffy.

• King Junior Suite

When I arrived after a very long commute, I was tired and ready to relax. Upon checking in I was told my room was not ready. The front desk said that the cleaning crew had not had the time to clean my room. I reserved this room in November of 2016. Anyway, I accepted another room until they could clean my original room and was told I would get a call to move once the room was cleaned. That call never came. Not on Friday night or Saturday. I checked at the front desk multiple times, and asked what could be done about the inconvenience. Each time I was told the room wasn't available yet. ?? Upon checkout on Sunday morning, I expected a discount for all the hassle of staying in a different room than I booked so long ago, but that didn't happen either. I was charged for a King Junior Suite and I never stepped foot inside that particular room not one time. I will never stay at this hotel again, and I'm considering no more stays with the Hilton in general. This problem made a huge impact on my trip that was planned 7 to 8 months in advance.

I had a horrible experience at this location and I travel quite a bit throughout the country. This is by far the worst Hilton I've stayed at yet.

Go have breakfast for 2 only to be embarrassed that breakfast isn't free, and you have to scramble to find $52 for a simple breakfast. Be surprised when you check out that self parking also wasn't free, and it's been costing you $16 per day all this time. All else is standard, room service respected the "do not disturb sign" on the door, and for $140/night, expect another $25 for the Georgia sales tax, occupancy tax, and Georgia motel fee, whatever those are.

Comfortable, nice, and practical, except for the many hidden costs.

Shame the hotel shuttle doesn't connect with the International Terminal. If traveling in or out of the International Terminal you have to get the shuttle bus from International to Domestic and then the Hotel Shuttle. If the timings work out bad then you could take around 45 minutes to reach the hotel after landing even though it's only about 2 miles away!!

Great location for the Domestic Terminals at Atlanta. Excellent buffet breakfast. Having Hertz Car Rental on site a real bonus.

It didn't look like our room was thoroughly cleaned. There was human fesces on the side of the toilet by the handle, which made the bathroom incredibly unsanitary. The refrigerator was not cleaned out from the previous guests. Made me question what other cleaning was missed.. was our bed clean?! We went down to the pool the next day to check out the jacuzzi but the jets did not work.

The room was nice but I'm not sure if it was cleaned properly.

Browse Hilton Atlanta Airport traveller photo gallery