Reviews of Hilton Austin Airport 3 stars

#90 of 180 hotels in Austin

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

We won’t be back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A charge for parking my own car??? Come on!!! Pool a total zero! Not one lick of shade anywhere! Two huge Gazebos that each offer no shade whatsoever. Not one umbrella. When we asked the guy servicing the pool for an umbrella for our table, he said there were none! Come on man! This is Texas! It’s hot and some of us need shade!

Restraint food/Service great

Just stayed here because it was the closest to the airport. But elevator area and halls smell old

Elevators near lobby have humid and old smell. Doors to rooms and room itself is very old looking. Parking is another extra 14 dollars.

The bed was very comfortable!

Not good value for the price.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

We're were in an accessible hearing room and everything looked outdated. In the shower, the holder that the shower head hangs from was hanging off the wall. Receptionist who checked us in did not appear competent. My card was run twice. But it was declined both times. Upon calling my bank it was Hilton who rejected it but they could not say why.

The atrium with the rooms around the middle.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Bathrooms were cleaned.

We chose this hotel because the pool looked awesome in the pictures. When we got there the pool was dirty and water was salty! The room was clean and pretty big but for the price it was not all that . No fridge.

Bathrooms were cleaned.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Short but pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The decor in the rooms is a little outdated. There were some sort of irritants in the room that made me sneeze all the time that I spent in the room

The restaurant staff far exceeded our expectations, friendly...

Cannot think of ONE thing that was disappointing.

The restaurant staff far exceeded our expectations, friendly smiles, made us feel welcome at both dinner and breakfast, food was very good too., This has to rate some of the best service in a restaurant hotel we have experienced. Hotel was sparkling, spacious and comfortable, this was actually our second visit this week. Little details all around were attended to. Appreciated an outdoor smokers oasis area, complete with comfy chairs, and lounges, Nicely located for easy use. Valet was good as well as front desk staff.

Location right at airport;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room is below ordinary. Plain, almost grim. Tired bathroom. The cost of the room should be half what is charged.

Location right at airport; essential for early flight

Table lamp is too poor.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Table lamp is too poor. I couldn't do my job smoothly. As this is an airport hotel, better table lamp should be placed. I believe many will do the work in the room. Wifi is not free in the room. Every hotel has not free WiFi in the room.

Fabulous food at the restaurant! Friendly and accommodating staff.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

A bit of renovation, but no big deal.

Fabulous food at the restaurant! Very accommodating and friendly staff. Excellent stay, for a last minute cancellation from the airport.

I'll reconsider hotel next trip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reconsider food service. Also, let people know that there's construction taking place at the time of reservation. Very disappointed with facility.

Hilton is suppose to be a the top. I realize that there was construction but the buffet for breakfast was poor. Ordering food from the previous night we had experienced cool food, this is why we chose the buffet for breakfast. Very disappointed in Hilton, some one did not consider the impact the restaurant serving would have on customers.

We won't stay there again because of the cavalier treatment for the shuttle.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shuttle from the airport. We were not allowed to get on the shuttle, preference was given to flight crew. We then waited another 45 minutes for it to come back.

They need to facelift this hotel, which I saw alot of it was under construction, pool area terrible.

See above.

Everything was under construction. There wasn't any lounge chairs by the pool. Nothing looked like the pictures on your website. The breakfast buffet was over priced and food was tepid, not even warm! Very disappointed! When I brought the information about the pool not having enough chairs, they said they didn't have any. For $200 a night in May on Memorial Day weekend in Texas where it was 100 degrees by 1200, you'd think they'd be prepared for guests to enjoy the pool!

The property is going thru massive renovation.

The property is going thru massive renovation. While booking this property the breakfast was priced usd 9.95. But I was actually charged usd 16 something. Which I think was a little but surprise.

It was accommodating and convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price of parking. We've stayed at this hotel in the past and did not have to pay to park.

The location next to the airport was wonderful. It made our early morning to catch our flight easier.

Very nice. On the airport, and were able to return the rent car. and get a shuttle to the terminal.

It was surprising for such a nice hotel that there was no refrigerator in the room. Otherwise, a very nice one night stay.

It was very clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was light and airy. We enjoyed our one night stay - we were there to be at the airport for an early morning flight - and slept very well. We didn't have any coffee, hence 'non applicable.'

Wonderful place to stay near the airport

I have no complaints at all.

I really liked alll of the staff. Everyone was so friendly to me. I had lunch in the restaurant and the soup of the day was Cream Of Mushroo Soup.The chef who made this soup did an excellent job! I loved the texture and flavor of the soup! All in all it was a great experience and I can’t wait to come back again in July of this year!

Good mostly thanks to Eran
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The front desk manager was not a kind person. However Eran was wonderful!!!!!! She should replace the manager!!!!!! Wish I would have gotten a name, I was so taken a back I didn’t get close enough to read he’s names.

Bed was comfortable, housekeeping stafff wonderful also hotel restaurant stafff was awesome!!!!!

Free shuttle to airport was very convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a little noisy but that is normal considering proximity to airport. The hotel is also circular so the walk from the elevator to my room was very long.

Free shuttle to airport was very convenient. Room service was prompt and the food was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff is amazing!
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

The staff is amazing! Especially our shuttle driver!!! Hotel is beautiful....we will definitely be back and we will tell all our friends! Thank you so much!

We enjoyed our stay

The parking fee ! It wasn’t noted on the website

Room was great! Housekeeping was very helpful!we asked for extra pillows and they brought extra sheets and covers from the dryer. Nice and warm!

Only location

Entire atmosphere looks pretty old and not modern at least. Of course facility, cleanness, staff are not bad, but I don't think they have value for money because of high price.

Only location has value for money.

The stay was wonderful.

ZERO

Close to the airport helped avoid taxi fare. 24/7 room service. Starbucks. Friendly staff. Shuttle to the airport with a great driver. This trip was very quick and staying at the Hilton Austin Airport made the trip easy. Thank you for being there!

Clean but small rooms, false upgrades offered.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Full size beds instead of queen beds Booking.com offered us a room upgrade that didn’t exist, that we found out about upon checking in Pool/hottub would have been nice to use after rehearsal dinner & after the wedding but it was all closed even though it was outside

Cleanliness Amenities

Ok, not great.

No food options available in the hotel.

Our flight was diverted to Austin. We arrived at 9 pm and hotel restaurant was already closed. No room service available because system was down. Desk person did not offer much help. We ordered from a nearby Chinese food restaurant, who delivered.

Booking.

Booking.com gave me a rate of $183 for one night. I always take the email receipt and when I got home, Hilton charged me $275 for the night. I paid the hotel directly and received no Hilton HHonors credit, no points, no nights, no stays. This probably has as much to do with Booking.com as it does the Hilton.

Location is the only good thing about this hotel.

It didn’t live up to Hilton standards. No breakfast buffet included. Breakfast couldn’t be ordered before 6am. The reason a lot of people would stay at this hotel is because they have an early flight. We ordered dinner and after three phone calls finally got everything well over an hour and a half later.

The location of this hotel and the free shuttle is the best thing about this hotel.

High cost for basic hotel, paying for hotel location.

Decor in room could be updated. Kind of cold and older feeling. One member of the front desk staff was nice. Another member was rude when I asked if there was a discount for folks who were stuck there because of the hurricane (we couldn't get a fight to Houston and were stuck at the airport). She told me that my rate was "the rate for the night" and just looked at me and my son. Not a tourist hotel. Just good for layovers.

Great location, closest to airport. Nice waitress. Spacious room.

Facility is huge.

After a long motocycle ride, we were super tired. We asked to sit at a booth, the girl who arranged seat said no. Just like that. She said it was for big group. I can argue about this. We only have 2 peoppe. If I was her, I could have said sorry, do you mind siting on the normal table? Although 4 big booths were empty for the whole time we were there. And it was close to 10, their close time.

Facility is huge. The waitress was super nice! Food were excellent!

Ok but not great. worn furniture.

The room smelled stale and the sofa chair and foot stool both had very worn fabric and looked old and should have been replaced some time ago. My wife called the front desk and they didn't seem to care. Expected more out of a Hilton property. We actually stayed in a residence Inn in San Angelo and it was a lot nicer and lower cost.

Friendly staff/outdated hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel seemed outdated. They had a ripped chair in our room. Also, the bed sham looked like it had been there for decades, it was also a bit torn up. They had a $50 pet fee which is understandable;however, it would've been nice to have that info ahead of time.

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Austin Airport deal

The food in the restaurant is not so great. Pretty expensive sometimes.

Excellent location for an early flight. No early breakfast, though. Free, frequent shuttle to the airport. There is a guest laundry on site. The rooms are large and the bed is comfy. Try to get a room that does not face to the pool - it will be way, way quieter and you will thank me for this advice.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Austin Airport deal

Super far from everything; food from the restaurant is not so great. They are supposed to have a Starbucks on site; it is often closed, though.

This is the closest you can stay in relation to the Airport. Free shuttle, frequent service. Super comfortable bed, with gym and pool. Clean rooms. Hilton default standards. Breakfast costs ~20 something, with hot dishes included

Front desk great, get new restaurant management.

Above

The staff were very unorganized. I waited to be seated while they talked. Staff Had street slothes on and uniforms, so hard to tell they worked in restaurant. It took FOREVER to get my food. Finally I took it to my room. To chaotic in there.

Quality room

Having to go back outside to put a parking sticker on my windshield. I had to go to my room first because I already had my luggage with me. Also the weather wad a luttle scarry, hugh winds.

Quality room

DO NOT STAY HERE, YOU WILL REGRET IT!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything cost extra. You spend $250 for a room you think you would get some eggs and bacon for breakfast. Nope. That's $15 just for the continental. Also they say they're pet friendly. But threatened to charge us an extra room when our dog started barking. It's a dog, they bark. When some of the guest complained the hotel offered to move them rooms (they were 25% booked, they could have moved to the complete opposite side of the hotel if it was bothering them that bad), but the guest said no. Soooooooo obviously it wasn't disturbing them that much otherwise they would have moved. The hotel kept calling me disturbing my night out to tell me how much they were going to charge because my dog barked a few times. Pet friendly? It was the complete opposite of that. Horrible customer service, everything cost extra, I will never go back there again.

Great WiFi and the great location if you fly in or out
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

The receptionist are friendly however gave a friend of mine a occupied room, the server in the restaurant are very slow and not accustomed to work fast, bringing me a drink took them 50 minutes, the rooms are large however a bit outdated

Great WiFi and the location is amazing if you fly in or out, the shuttle service provided to the airport is quick and very convientent

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Nice lobby, crap rooms
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They treated me poorly because I booked through booking.com. I found a nasty bug in my bed that they didn't seem to care about. Room was tiny.

Nice beds, even though they were small.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

It was seriously an amazing stay!

I loved how big the room was and how friendly the staff was. My two year old son got high fives from the shuttle drivers and from one of the hotel staff that he saw in the hallway

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Great airport location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Visit was too brief to form an opinion.

This was an emergency trip so proximity to airport was key. They have an airport shuttle and are located at the entrance.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Standard Hilton Airport Hotel: convenient, clean and well...

Lousy service in restaurant; food was mediocre at best and overpriced. The caesar salad was a pile of oldish lettuce with far too much parmesan cheese dumped on top. The rib-eye steak was okay, but certainly not worth the price; I had to ask twice for the horseradish sauce that was supposed to come with it--and when it arrived it was the consistency of skim milk. A hotel that caters

Standard Hilton Airport Hotel: convenient, clean and well appointed.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The tab water tastes awful! The tea was only refilled every other day. Luckily I had brought my own tea with me.

The staff is super friendly and helpful. Free shuttle service from the airport.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

For the price we paid, there should be a breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

For the price we paid, there should be a breakfast. There is no microwave or fridge in the room. The coffee bar was supposed to open at 5. At 530,the gal was just getting there. No coffee was made. No muffins or scones available.I paid 7.50 for a yogurt and black coffee from the kitchen.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Location is great if you need to be close to the airport.

If you don't need to be close to the airport, there is not much else to do around this area.

Location is great if you need to be close to the airport. Open courtyard in center makes the hotel inviting and was very quiet despite being directly on airport property. All the amenities we wanted, including pool, hot tub, bar, and restaurant. Most comfortable bed ever.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Satisfactory only because of location.

I was told I could check in early; that was not possible. Upon checking in, I was told breakfast was included. When I went for breakfast the next morning I was told breakfast was NOT included. Poor communication with guests!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Very clean and room were nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean and room were nice. Staff was amazing!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

very positive experience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

very very very outdated building, no couch inside, no fridge

very close to airport, very nice building design, great food inside

The location was great, but expensive for a 12 hour stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking cost was expensive especially for self parking.

The location next to the airport.

4.5
    The gentlemen at the front outside were very courteous and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The male receptionist was unwelcoming and rude.

The gentlemen at the front outside were very courteous and so welcoming.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great place to stay!

A little more than I wanted to pay but I was desperate.

The bed and pillows were amazing! Close to great restaurants.

Was great

No food after 11pm! And the lady’s from kitchen don’t tell as they have a late menu!

• King Room - Disability Access

Great time

PRICE ON Breakfast is too much quality not too good

Staff

Good stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Person at check out was not friendly. Tried to hurry me up.

Everyone was really helpful and very courteous

Everyone was really helpful and very courteous

Parking fee.

Parking fee. No microwave or fridge in our room.

Location was great and room was clean
    • King Room - Disability Access

The soup

Dinner service took a while

Dinner service took a while

Overall, very good.

Even at low thermostat temperatures, room was warm/humid

Bed very comfortable. Smoking areas were nice.

Good

More coffe in the eoom

No terrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We found someone else's dirty sock under our bed. No WiFi in the rooms. Hot tub was dirty.

Very close to the airport.

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

Had no HDMI hook up for the TV to personnel computer

Everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is nothing I would change.

Everything. The food exided my expectationd.

Breakfast, large room very close to the airport but no noise

Parking

Breakfast, large room very close to the airport but no noise

Nice hotel that was convenient to downtown Austin.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Paid parking in my opinion was expensive on property and I consider it a hidden cost of rate. Room was only cleaned once during our stay

The restaurant was good but the host as was our waitress...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

The restaurant was good but the host as was our waitress even though there was a waitress on duty. The restaurant was not busy at all

Staff was very friendly and professional
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not have everything you claimed online. No gift shop

Staff was very friendly and professional

Love this place, excellent customer service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Christian in Valet was awesome!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

I stay here each time I go to the airport👍🏼

The king size bed was wonderful. Plenty of lighting and info on dining.

Great hotel as close as it could be at the airport

Very nice architecture, friendly staff, nice restaurant in the hotel