Reviews of Hilton Austin 4 stars

500 East 4th Street, Austin, TX 78701, USA

#41 of 193 hotels in Austin

I loved the assistance I had from Julynna she arrange my...
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

I wasn't dissatisfied with anything. I give it a 5/5.

I loved the assistance I had from Julynna she arrange my pick up from the airport to the hotel because I was having technological difficulties. I also loved the location its a perfect starting point for exploring Austin and the hotel is tall and is easy to locate if you're confused about your location or lost.

Got waken up by the door next to me at 3 in the morning.

Got waken up by the door next to me at 3 in the morning. If you plan to have a good sleep at night, do not stay here. It's close to the night club district, and you'll get to stay with some party animal who come back completely wasted and be singing and dancing in the hall way

Rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable.

Could hear all noise from 6th Street, but that's not bad considering the great location. Otherwise, great place.

Rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The gym/spa is great, and the pool is nice with a little bar for drinks. the location is awesome, and it was just one block from 6th Street, and not far from great food options.

We had a very enjoyable stay; took advantage of the restruant and bar in hotel.

Husband would have liked a cooler room. Elevators were very slow, had to wait over 5 min for each trip down or up.

Clean room, Clean bathroom, friendly staff and helpful when we had questions

I very disappointed in the quality of the room and amenities.

I didn’t like anything else other than location. For the price I paid, I’d expect parking to be included or at the very least, have a rate more comparable to the area. The quality of the room was poor I.e., iron, blow dryer, shampoo, toilet paper

I liked the location

Location and facilities are great.

We ask for room service and It was awful. Club sandwiches were horrible, no flavor, everything get out of the bread and put lots of lettuce in the same plate, it was supposed to be caesar salad, and prices way too high.

Location and facilities are great.

Expensive

Spa services were booked up, old navy convention made it difficult to get around with so many people. Also I don’t think the rooms were worth the 300+ per night.

The staff were very friendly and the accommodations were...

The overnight parking is fairly expensive.

The staff were very friendly and the accommodations were exceptional! The location is very close to lots of restaurants and nightlife.

Other than the parking situation, we were very pleased with our stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Parking was $30 which we thought was outrageous, so we had to park offsite.

We received a free room upgrade when we arrived, and the room was clean and homey. It was within walking distance to lots of Austin's hot spots.

Great breakfast on executive level

All good; nothing to dislike

Great breakfast on executive level Happy hour on executive level but we did not experience this Great staff at check-in and check-out Great price Location - convenient walk to great restaurants and other attractions

The hotel is a perfect distance to a lot of Downtown Austin...

When we arrived even through we were all under one confirmation number I was unable to check in for the group. Additionally, they originally put our group of 8 on different floors. When we asked why this was done they only told us that we have to request to be together, and made no offer to put us together and instead insisted that there were no rooms available next to each other. The first room I was in didn't have a latch on the door knob for the bathroom. We called and requested to be moved to a room where the bathroom door could shut. However, the room we were moved to was smaller than our previous room and smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. We called and requested to be moved a second time because of the cigarette smell, guest services then offered the room next door, keeping in mind we were told "no rooms were available next to each other." It wasn't until I asked to speak to a manager that anyone offered to "move some things around" so our group could stay on the same floor.

The hotel is a perfect distance to a lot of Downtown Austin attractions, Rainey Street is a short walk away and 6th street is even closer. Also, is located across the street from the Austin Visitor Center, where a number of tours meet, and the Austin Convention Center. I recommend stopping for breakfast in the hotel restaurant Cannon & Belle the food was fresh and delicious.

Staff was wonderful!
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

The handle in the bathtub was about to fall off (we told a staff member). It would have been nice to have a blanket in the room. The bed wasn't very comfortable. You could hear everything people in the other rooms were doing as well as the hallways.

Staff was wonderful!! I loved that the hotel had a Starbucks and other wonderful amenities. Location was great!

Meh

I felt the room proce was simply too expensive for what was veing iffered, especially having travelled alone. The infrastructure also feels dated, the food quality of the food in-room service was poor, and the staff at the reception was unfriendly and sick at check-out.

The location was great.

See above.

Never told about breakfast being included. Safe didn't work in room. Told front desk. Tub faucet broke. Was fixed after we called. No hotel directory in room. I asked they said they didn't have them

Overall good but expensive business hotel.
    • King Room with View

The property is a basic business hotel. The rate charged is for a luxury hotel. The rate should match the property. The rate is very high relative to this property.

Very disappointing!!!!

The rooms were filthy. The tile floor had a sticky goo film, the carpet was stained, and the room smelled musty. I was afraid to walk on the floor. The sheets were extremely stiff and the towels were rough and nonabsorbant. Very disappointing!!!!!!

A well located hotel & rooms ok, but it’s expensive & there are better options very nearby.

I was told the room I had booked was not available on arrival, and that my booking.com reservation did not guarantee my actual choice. I resisted, as I had been travelling for 24 hours, and really needed a good night’s sleep. Eventually, an appropriate room was offered and was fine, but when a customer is paying over $1200 for 3 night, please don’t try this nonsense. (I know it was a busy period, but you know how many rooms of each type that you’ve got!).

Friendly, helpful staff

Great location and nice staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The room was not cleaned well.. dust everywhere... there were wires all over the floor. The price of room for whAt we got was outrageous.

Great location and nice staff

Overall my stay was very good.

We were not fond of the hotel food. The quality is not very good and the choices were very limited, leaving you with no choice but to go elsewhere to get it. If you are a “simple” foodie then their food choices may work for you.

The location is amazing. Great views of the city, only about 20 min to the airport and we never had to leave a 3 block radius for a great restaurant, entertainment or convenience store.

Never staying at a hilton again.

The price, the bathroom sink counter and dishes were dusty as if the room is never cleaned, and room service for for a burger, a ginger ale and beer was over $50.

Taco restaurant,and the consultant who checked us in.

A New Years 'blues'?

Left room by 10 am, returned after 4pm - room not serviced. Rang Housekeeping, Guest Services & Reception to 'report' but call not answered, repeated all 3 calls & again no replies. Eventually my Wife found a Cleaner who promised to come straight away but who did not turn up. We had an a very poorly prepared & cooked pizza in the in-house restaurant on New Years Eve Guess a case of 'New Year blues' ?

Comfortable room. Reception was very efficient & helpful. Good position.

Austin has a lot to offer and the Hilton is in the perfect spot to see it all!

Everything at the Hilton was amazing! The hotel staff were friendly and always willing to help, the restaurants on the bottom floor of the hotel were delicious (and also had great staff), the room was enormous and the king sized bed was super comfy!

Stayed for New Years Eve
    • Executive Floor Queen Room

Our room wasn’t ready at the check in time but they took care of us and made us feel welcome. The executive lounge closed at 10p on New Years Eve and they could have left it open for people to watch the fireworks over the lake.

Amy at the Reception desk was especially friendly and accommodating to us during a very busy day. Bright friendly attitude and kind. They didn’t know if we would have a view of the fireworks from our room but there were fireworks from all over Austin visible from 11p through the night. It was special.

Great hotel experience.

Great restaurants and bar on the property as well as a large Starbucks. Nicely appointed lobby, and great location. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Cannon + Belle is a bit of a miss.

Cannon + Belle is a bit of a miss. Prices are steep for the ambiance and the service inconsistent. Bar service was nice enough, table service was chaotic and messy.

My stay was very comfortable and the pricing for the view was solid. Staff was very welcoming also.
    • King Room with View

Didn't like how parking wasn't included and that room service's menu was misleading. I payed $30 for a pizza which was kinda warm that was described to feed 2-3 people but ended up being enough for 1. Also my fridge didn't work and the tv wasn't plugged in so I had to run the cable to the side because the dresser was too heavy to go straight back.

Loved the location

Great location, friendly staff
    • King Room with View

One day, had to request clean towels.

Room with view, Easy walk to everything. Parking garage attached to hotel. Bottle of water upon check in. Great breakfast at hotel.

Would not recommend to a friend- take your $$ to the W or a boutique hotel.

I wouldn't recommend Hilton Austin to anyone. Their rooms are dark and dismal, and the towels were stained and over-bleached. They gave both myself and my boyfriend hives (had to take Benadryl), as well as the sheets and pillows. When we requested new towels it took over half an hour to get them (our original towels were stained), and when they did bring up new towels they were just as bleached. I also slipped and fell in the shower because there was no shower mat or support for your feet, and management did not check in until after we left. They gave us "2 free drinks at the bar" because I fell, which I feel is not quality service or caring about the situation. What if I don't drink...?

Peter Thomas Roth bath products and friendly bartenders. Starbucks on-site was great.

I loved how clean and friendly the environment was plus my...

It was hard locating the pool had to call help desk, hated to bother them for something so little.

I loved how clean and friendly the environment was plus my view was amazing.

The side of the hotel my room was located on had a lot of highway noise even though it was 23 floors up.

Close to everything, clean comfortable rooms. Nice view from the pool deck.

Good position.

Noise and bathroom.

It was ok. The shower overflowed badly and we had to use the towels to soak up the water which overflowed. We were on the 19th floor but the noise from the generator outside was very loud and impacted on sleeping.

Great location, but sub-par quality for a high price tag.

The sheets were scratchy and the tap water was undrinkable. It had a horrible taste to it, thus the need to get bottled water sent up. Parking was confusing, so we just did valet in order to not worry about it, but it's pricy! ($39 for overnight) Room service takes a long time just to send water up. We ended up giving up on the TV because the signal kept going out. We spent most of our time outside of the hotel. I'll be looking for somewhere else next time. Also, don't forget to think about tax when looking at your hotel choices. It added on another $100 for a two night stay.

The mattress was really comfortable and the layout of the room was nice. They would bring water up to your room, hot water as well, for no charge. While I didn't use them, they have a lot of nice accommodations, such as a hot salt water bath, steam room, and open air pool. Bring your swimsuit! The shower's water got warm quickly and there were plenty of pillows! The best part of this hotel is it's location in downtown Austin.

Home feel with a little flaw.
    • Executive Floor King Room

Only flaw was don't get room 2512, too close to staff only room and noisy if you want to sleep. Pool needs a little loving care, be careful it's slippery.

Excellent stay, very clean, excellent staff. Everyone was very helpful and made us feel better than home. Highly recommended.

Overall good stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Didn't like that the shower was a bit dirty when we checked in. Also, housekeeping didn't get to our room and when we called in to request towels and blankets, they only brought up the towels. We tried calling guest services or housekeeping but weren't able to reach anyone.

The location was great and staff was really helpful and friendly.

Room was way to expensive for the overall quality of the...

Price

Room was way to expensive for the overall quality of the services received and accommodation standards. No mini bar, breakfast not included. Slow and poor internet connection. Room price including taxes was almost 500USD per night!!!

Great hotel for group of friends for the weekend

Very comfortable beds - rooftop pool is great - east walk to 6th street & Rainey street - Moonshine across the street is a life-saver if you're in Austin for a weekend.

The hotel did not provide a roll away bed as I requested in...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The hotel did not provide a roll away bed as I requested in my booking saying they can't do it for double queen rooms! Booking.com did not provide them with my request so had some trouble checking in!

Worst shower in hotel ever.
    • King Room with Roll in Shower - Hearing Accessible

Valet price. $40. Ridiculous. No water in room. No minibar. Towels. Shower head.

Shower handle weird and loose and huge. Shower head so short out of wall that controller stuck you in back. Horrible set up. And towels scratchier than sandpaper.

Overcharged.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Room rate was double what others paid for only one nite & I was there for 2 nites.

I have a friend who walked into the hotel and booked a room for half the price I was charged!! I feel cheated and resentful. I have 6 more trips planned for Austin before year end. Can this wrong be corrected? If not, I am never staying there again. Or is it a reflection of what booking.com did not do for me??

Awful

The noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. And we were on the 21st floor. We actually gave up and left at 2:30 am. The noise all came from outside the hotel, people on the street, motorcycles etc. They comped our parking but offered nothing else. They acted as if it wasn't surprising that someone was so annoyed they would leave in the middle of the night. Never again.

If we come back through Austin, we will definitely be staying at the Hilton. Hotel with class.

Heaven, the clerk at the check in desk, was courteous, professional, friendly, and very helpful. She would have our vote for management when the position was next available. We completely enjoyed our visit to Austin.

It's an ok place to stay but very expensive.
    • King Room with View

Self parking was extremely expensive. More than was listed on the booking.com website and prices had obviously been raised on signs in the parking garage. There was no courtesy shuttle either.

Nice that they had a cafe in the lobby.

Great location made experiencing Downtown Austin wonderful
    • Executive Floor King Room

There was no warm welcome and the front desk staff seemed they don't even want to be there. Usually a problem like this trickles down from management's lack of empathy for their employees and failure to acknowledge success. Overall, when you're on vacation you're escaping the tensions of the world but to go vacation at a place where people seem unhappy is a turn off.

Great location, good breakfast options and overall, good decor and ambience.

Great Hotel
    • Executive Floor Queen Room

The restaurants were good but I would have liked a more varied menu. The hotel is situated around many good restaurants but it was storming so not so much fun to get out.

We stayed on the Executive floor, so we liked the robes. The pool is large and the saunas are actually hot and work well it was so relaxing. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed an extra night and they gave us a great rate!

great staff great hotel and wonderful location near 6th street

Parking was a little difficult as the parking garage was very tight getting a large vehicle around

When we arrived Eric who checked us in made the process easy, quick, and helped us find restaurants near the property with a map of downtown. I loved the property and will return!

We had lots of fun in Austin with a great hotel as a home base and springboard between activities.

Wish we could have stayed longer. Will come back.

The Lobby décor had a great vibe. There is a comfortable seating area with tables and several computers. This was very convenient to plan our day while drinking Starbucks from the onsite coffee shop.

It was just okay.

They tend to nickel and dime you like a cut rate hotel.

Parking fee is exessive. $30 for 1 night is too much. A deposit of $50 is ridiculous: they have the credit information already. Why a deposit?

Love the view from our room.

Thy didn't do a good job cleaning our room....left beer cans n did not while down the desk....it still had all the beer can rings on it n was sticky

Love the view from our room...n nice roof top pool with a view

Great location! Great Staff!

Something was wrong with our A/C.. of course it started working the morning we were leaving!

The staff were excellent!! The location was great, we could Uber easily, walk to 6th and just roam the town! The hotel was clean and nice! Would definitely recommend this hotel, and stay in the future.

never staying there again

nothing at all. Got charged for parking twice for 1 vehicle. LOUD noise on our floor, kids crying running up and down the isle , dog barking all morning. Restroom was dirty with nasty finger nails on floor and dust. Air conditioner didn't work room was HOTT.

hotel was close by to events

View from our floor was excellent.

Even though we did find parking it was kind of an inconvenience.

View from our floor was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful. Swimming pool was beautiful. Will deffinetly be staying here again.

I liked how everyone was so nice and willing to help and...

The room we stayed in had dirt on the sheets and the toilet kept clogging up

I liked how everyone was so nice and willing to help and answer your questions without hesitation or getting frustrated

The pool was a major disappointment, the rest of the experience was fine. We will go elsewhere next.

The pool, both nights we went, had beer cans and towels thrown everywhere w/ no one around to pick up. Almost every chair and place to sit was covered in cans or dirty towels. We wanted a place w/ a clean outdoor rooftop Lara pool, we choose this one because it had one outside on the 8th floor and were VERY disappointed by the fact both nights we went, around 7pm, it was in complete disarray.

The room was nice. The hotel was pretty and one of the best gyms I've seen inside of a hotel.

I enjoyed the stay at this hotel.

I enjoyed the stay at this hotel. As soon as we checked in Jeremy helped us check in. Throughout our stay he was very kind and always assured we had everything we needed. Overall, staff was great and had wonderful customer service, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Very much recommend!!

Bachelorette Party was a Success at the Hilton!

Here for a bachelorette party with 11 girls (Ages 26-33). Had an amazing time, the hotel arranged for connecting rooms. Breakfast included was so convenient and delicious. All the girls said this was the best quality and location for the price with booking over 6 months in advance. The staff was extremely helpful and made the trip super easy so we can have a ton of fun! And yes we were loud but they situated us appropriately so there was no noise complaints (at least we know of).

Spirit of a Youth Hotel

We spend 3 days/nights in the Hotel Hilton in Austin and are not satisfied at all. I would like to tell you why. What did we expect? A calm, luxury and relaxing stay in one of the best rated Hotels in Austin. This was worth us a high amount of money. What did we face? a) Spirit of a youth-hostel The hotel was over-crowded with young people from a congress of "church of christ". They were noisy, in the evening drunken and even some of them were stoned. During nighttime they were loud in the room areas so we awaked several times. It happens that they struggeled around with a sleeping bag and a pillow in their hand! We felt to be in a youth-hostel! The noise level and the crowded mess everywehre gave the impression and athmosphere of a cheap motel! This is odd and not Hilton-like! b) Room problem with cold water We stayed first in room 1624; this room had the problem that only hot water was available, also on the "cold" taps! No chance to take a shower without boiling ourselves! We called an engineer who showed up quickly and confirmed that there is a real tech problem. He then organised that we could swap the room. So we had to pack everything and change the room to 1656. This may happen but is not Hilton-like. c) Parking Gate When we checked in we told that we had a car and we'll do self-parking. The clerk explained where the parking-ramp is, but the gate did not open. So we hat to go back again to the lobby to fix this. This is odd and not Hilton-like! d) Elevators It took us everytime between 15 and 25 minutes (!!) to go from the 16th floor down to he lobby or vice-versa! From the existing 6 elevators only part oft hem were in operation; due to the crowded hotel situation we had to wait everytime a long time until an elevator appeared which we could enter! This is odd and not Hilton-like! Overall, this stay with this hotel was very disappointing for us and really not worth the money.

Die Lage und die Zimmergrösse und -Ausstattung sind sehr gut.

Good service
    • King Room with View

The Lobby. Music in Bar was so loud I could not hear the answers to my questions to the staff. They were yelling over it as was I, but very difficult and frustrating. No shuttle was surprising for this level of hotel.

Location and friendly and helpful staff.

Great location, terrible elevators.

The elevators were not working properly during our stay to accommodate the amount of guests at the hotel. Each wait for the elevator was at least twenty minutes. At each floor when the door opened for more guests there would be no room so you had to wait for the next couple and hope that there would be room for you. Stairs are okay, staying on the 12th floor was a bit of a hassle. We will NOT be staying at this location again.

Location is perfect and close to a lot of bars and restaurants.

Great view, WAY too crowded
    • King Room with View

The room and view were very fantastic and just as promised, but housekeeping did not come to our room once. It's nice to leave for the day and come back to a spotless room. There was also a massive convention being hosted by the hotel. Screaming loud young adults everywhere, and we had to wait 10-15 minutes for an elevator... every. Single. Time. If I'm paying over 200$ a night, I want peace and quite. If I wanted to hear loud people I'd stay at a cheap motel

Always say at a Hilton property

The food. I just wanted plain potato chips!! Otherwise it was ok. Too cultural for my taste

Always clean and welcoming. Room cleaned nicely every day room service excellent

just a price TAG

Everything I paid almost $300 for one night to sleep in a bed that was it we got no breakfast no bar free drink tickets we got nothing and I've already told everybody never ever to stay at this hotel again

Nothing i would never stay there again for the price wr paid we got nothing. I would have much rather stayed out of place maybe not quite so fancy as if you want to call it and got breakfast or them take time out and make him pretty towel arrangements or the room just feel more welcoming it was very cold feeling white black and grey colors not very warm welcoming colors at all

Very nice stay at the Hilton.

Parking seems a little bit of a walk. I wish the baggage carts could be used for self-parking. We were told only valet parking gets to use them. That makes it difficult to do everything in one trip.

It was very comfortable. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful.

Would stay again for sure!

Elevators took a while.

We are so happy with our weekend stay. The view was very nice and the beds are so comfortable. Austin Taco Project is a MUST!!!!

Expensive, unsafe and loud - avoid

I was continuously (and I mean continuously) accosted by beggars every time I left the hotel. The hotel is in an unsafe neighbourhood. The lobby has live music but the acoustics are terrible and the entire ground floor including reception is incredibly noisy - too loud to have a decent conversation anywhere. My room was never cleaned despite a three night stay.

We chose the Hilton for its proximity to the Austin Convention Center. That's the only aspect of this hotel I did like.

Comfortable, But Expensive

$38 per Night for Valet Parking is outrageous. $300+ a night cannot be justified for leisure, weekend travel, in my view. Were it not for peak demand of UT Graduation weekend, we most certainly would have stayed elsewhere.

Staff was very friendly and attentive. Location was good, relative to downtown activities, Rainey Street, etc.

Disappointed

No mirrors and would not provide. Terrible lighting in bathroom. Put in handicap room when not requested. Elevators slow. Luxury hotel price but not quality.

Austin Birthday fun!

I prefer can drinks to bottled diet cokes. But that is so trivial, but you asked. LOL

Lounge was nice and the bartender was superb! The check in was smooth and easy!

Not worth the money!!

We paid a lot for a room at the Hilton thinking it would be clean and nice! But it wasn't at all the room was dirty the bathroom was dusty!! Not at all what I expected!! Will never stay there again 😡

I like the location of the hotel,

Great location and service
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

This was a perfect location in Austin. Walking distance to everything that we wanted to do. Dan at the front desk was very welcoming and helped us get all set up. The staff was excellent. If you are not already a Hilton honors member, sign up. Then the wifi is free and you can get other perks. We will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great location with comfy bed

No free breakfast

Loved the location. It's only a short walk to Easy Tiger for beers and ping pong! We also liked the pool and fitness center. I was impressed by how clean both areas were. Parking was expensive (we expected this for the convenience of being downtown) but we were able to find street parking and only had to pay the meter for the time we were there after 8 am.

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE STAFF

1. Was told during check-in that I wasn't allowed to have a room any higher then 14 floor, not acceptable. 2. During Check-in I did't receive the WiFi code, when the person next to was receiving all the information. 3. There were no soap in the restroom to wash our hands after a restroom use. The house keeping on the 14th heard our conversation, My thinking she will correct it. No she didn't. 4. I will make sure that we or any of our family and friends will not visit that hotel anymore. 5. My check out. I was not asked how was my stay.

Your valet staff understand customer services very well.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Don't book online

I didn't like the fact that I booked online and it was 189.00 for the room as Hilton advertised and when I showed up I was charged right at 270 dollars for my room. If I wouldn't have had my card on file for the room I would have left and found something different. I won't book online ever again for this reason.

The location was awesome

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

The whole lobby was under construction and we were not told. Was like a third world country downstairs. Bedding was not completed in the room, light bulbs missing in bathroom. They should offer a free continental breakfast. And there should be bottled water available in rooms.

Flat screen tv, remote control for ac and lights. Nice gym

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Staff was great, pool was nice, location was nice
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The stairways from the parking garage to the hotel were the dirtiest things I have ever seen...Power wash them once a decade. One day when we returned to the hotel and our room had been cleaned, there were no towels! The corridors (carpet) were very dirty.

Staff was great, pool was nice, location was nice

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

The room was a good size, clean and quiet

Thought a carafe of wine expensive at US$45, thought that bottles of wine had a huge mark up for what they were else where

The room was a good size, clean and quiet