Reviews of Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach 4 stars

#145 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Probably the worst Hilton
    • King Studio with City View

The room was not what was pictured as far as the balcony goes. Room was small and comfortable but not clean. There was a lot of hair on the shower walls (long black hair and my family has blonde hair). There was a nail sticking out below the head board. The check in process took 20-30 minutes. Staff weren't very helpful although they were friendly. Pool and beach are not as pictured. If I have to hear one more thing about being (or not being in this case) a Gold member I will literally never come to a Hilton again. Its like you're punished for booking on 3rd party site.

Honestly I am not sure how to answer that

Best hotel on our holiday
    • Deluxe King Studio with City View

The beds we're super comfy, the room was very spacious had a lot of room, very clean one of the best hotels we stayed in on our holiday.Best location to South Beach Perfect 10/10.

We will definitely stay here again.
    • King Room Mobility Access - City View

Walls were extremely thin. The first couple of days, there was a crying baby next to us. Something you’re not trying to hear when you’re older and trying to relax. And we could hear people talking and their TVs. Also, the balconies need more privacy. They need walls on each side.

We had a couple of issues, but staff resolved them immediately and also comped us accordingly. They made sure that we had a great stay. We also got a room with an ocean view. Room was very clean and it’s just a very nice property with affordable rooms for the location.

Location Great Hotel Very Average
    • King Studio with City View

Very low Hilton standards. I'm glad we had made all our research beforehand because the reception staff had no touristic information. Ask for a room far from the road. Miami drivers have a bad habit of honking at all times of night. The shower was over bath and it was very high. I'm 5'7" the height of the bathtub was above my knee not only that the width was over 12'. So it was very uncomfortable to get in and out of the shower. I cannot imagine how an older person could possibly do it easily.

Location was great! We could walk everywhere in South Beach very easily.

Never again
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

I dont know from where do i start, I was looking for a hotel that have a balcony , n with that hotel i booked the suite and there was a balcony in pics, i payed more for that specific thing i wanted , i booked since april i guess with a reasonable rate, and i based my budget on that rate and booking.com never disappointed me they calculate everything plus taxis and i was travelling all over the states and they always charge me exactly the same rate as booking, but with that hotel they didnt charge me anything untill the day of my arrival and they charged me 100 dollars more , i thought its the security deposit, but when i arrived there , they charged me 210 dollars more and when i tried to show them my reservation on booking they tried to convince me that iam wring and they right, i was on vication and i didnt waana ruin any of it on that matter , so the next day they charged me again by mistake for a forth night when im stayin only for three nights , and untill this day its not back to my bank account, they messed my vecation budget , when i checked out of the hotel i tried to call the hotel and they tried too to convince me that i was wrong, after i asked to talk to the accountat he was so gentle and patient with me , he helped me and realized that there was a mistake . And returned me back to my account 210 dollars , but untill this day the forth night isnt back to my account yet , when they said its just a hold and will be back if its not claimed by the hotel

I will definitely come back
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

There was an awful smell in the lobby but it was due to a vent issue that the hotel was working diligently to fix.

The location was great. The people were very nice, especially the staff at the front desk and the concierge. They were so attentive that they made us feel as though we were the only people in the hotel. The accommodations were very clean and beautiful.

Receptions guys were very helpfull, We were having a problem...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

Receptions guys were very helpfull, We were having a problem because of Booking.com, as the room shown in the pictures was not like the reality & as It was our Honeymoon, so the hotel arranged for us the best that they can offer with a beautiful room facing the ocean. We enjoyed the stay a lot because of the hospitality of the stuff

My friends and I had a blast!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

My friends and I had a blast! The hotel was amazing! Gorgeous room, gorgeous flowers and the staff was great! We were kind of nervous after reading reviews but were in total shock when we arrived. Marble floors, bath tub, gorgeous rain shower, full kitchen and spacious room! We were on the 9th floor and had a gorgeous view of the beach! Will be staying again! Thank you!

The best stay in Miami
    • King Room with City View - Disability Access

Nothing, all was great

Always the hospitality. You could stay at a dump but if the employees are nice and hospitable I'll stay there everytime. Everyone was so nice we did not want to leave.

I enjoyed my stay & the city is beautiful
    • King Studio with City View

The view well the balconies being so close & Hall way so tight

The shower was great , the beach was beautiful the hospitality at the resort was amazing!

Don't waste your time and money here, worst Hilton experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

It was a total disappointment from the beginning to the end. The building is very old and needs major renewal. Personnel, especially the ones in the front desk are not kind. Rooms and the building are not clean. The lobby and elevators stink. Every time we passed, we closed our noses not to feel the smell. Although we booked a partial-ocean view room, they gave us a no view room. We tried to upgrade to a better room, even with additional payment but they refused. In the second day of our stay, we saw a huge bug, a cockroach in the bathroom. They didn't believe us until they saw the bug themselves. Only after that they gave us a new room, this time with partial ocean view. But that room's ceiling was leaking. Definitely, this was my worst Hilton experience ever.

Beach is very close and it's amazing

Great stay!
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

The only thing I can say negatively about this hotel was that the walls were very thin. I had a room that was connected to another room by a door and could always hear everything going on in there.

The hotel was beautiful, located right on the beach. It was great to be able to walk outside to the pool and be able to grab some food at the Greek restaurant, or go to the beach a few feet further and could also order food out there.

Relaxing and enjoyable get away
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

Would have liked a room with a balcony and/ or a window that could be opened. Also a table to eat at in the room as pictured on the website.

Great location right on the beach. Nice for walks on the beach or to the pier and marina. Especially liked having a kitchen in the room. The grocery store was walking distance so easy to stock up.

We chose this hotel because our flight home was cancelled.
    • King Studio with City View

The mattress was my only complaint

We chose this hotel because our flight home was cancelled. Expensive for the time we spent here. Staff helpful and courteous. I loved being so close to the beach even thought it was the coldest weather in 2 years. Beach staff were very pleasant! My only problem was the the mattress was very uncomfortable.

Ok, but we won‘t come back
    • King Studio with City View

Hotel was overbooked. They moved us for one night to a hotel round the corner. The next day we got our hotel at 3 pm. This was bad. Cleaning service forgot to clean our room twice in a 5 days stay and never cleaned the balcony. We had to remind them to clean our room. Breakfast buffet offers a very limited choice of healthy food and is too expensive for the choice over all. Pool area is not very attractive for relaxation. It is more a hotel for business traveller, not for people on vacation who prefer a charming atmosphere.

Friendly staff in the breakfast area

Amazing getaway
    • King Studio with City View

The beach staff were a little unfriendly. When we went for beach chairs I was told by a lady that the chairs have been collected by someone with my name. When I asked her how is that possible she said that no one show identification to get chairs all they do is to say there name. I further inquired what if that person used my name to order drink would I have been charged for things ordered under my name? She was nonchalant about the situation. She asked me for my room key card after which she called someone to give us chairs and towel.

The Staff were amazing, Menanja the Bartender make the best drinks, which was the highlight of our stay. Easy access to the beach and we were within walking distance of the places we previewed before coming. I arrived on my flight way early but was allowed to us the amenities and in addition to that I also got an early checkin.

Overall excellent stay at Hilton. Location was great and staff was helpful.

Minibar wasn't free.

Arrived early before check in, was given access to full hotel amenities until room was ready like beach access for guests, received lounge chairs, umbrella, etc.

The beer wanst cold enough actually i got five bottles that...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

The beer wanst cold enough actually i got five bottles that were hot and the werent any more beer thats whats the waitress told me and they looked a little lost on servin

Will look at ot
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

Room wasn't ready at the time I got there .... Rooms wasn't clean (kitchen, bathroom and patio . Offered to pay more for a up-grade but answer was no ....

Wonderful stay in total
    • Deluxe King Studio with City View

I didn't like how the ac unit in my room broke 2 days before I left and was dripping water and nobody came to fix it til I checked out

The pillows I really loved the pillows and the room I was in

Perfect location!
    • King Studio with City View

The room could of been a little bigger for the price and valet stole change out my car.I guess he missed the camera in my car pointed at him. (HE WILL BE ON YOUTUBE LATER)

Perfect location!!! At the beginning of the strip (1st street)staff was great.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

We had two cars.
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

We had two cars. We had to pay for the parking which was very expansive. A big business like that would give more comfort for the guests and make their life more practical.

Location, Views, Amenities
    • Deluxe King Studio with City View

I was pre charged for first night to my card before arriving to hotel. Then was charged 75 dollars a day for incidentals but what's notify prior to booking. Other than that it was good.

Location, Views, Amenities

it was as assault.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

it was as assault... We had to pay 1/3 more than what we paid in booking, plus 40 dolars parking nigth. Read the small print before hiring this hotel.

I had a huge room, more like a suite with a full kitchen,...
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

The drop-off area can get congested; it's quite awkward.

I had a huge room, more like a suite with a full kitchen, and very attractive. I didn't use the pool facilities but enjoyed a meal at the Greek restaurant poolside.

This hotel has a lot to work on before you can call it a Hilton.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

They did not clean our room on one of the days. They did not make the beds on another. The bathroom had a shower that water just flowed underneath the door and flooded the bathroom. There were people speaking very loudly on the corridors at night.

The restaurant was very good! One of the best Greek restaurants I know.

Beware! Just read this before deciding.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

The service was horrible - I had to wait over 2 hours to get linen. Manager followed my daughter and I to the beach to tell us we could not take the pool towels to the beach - he did not ask us if we were staying there first- he just assumed we weren't. I was appalled. Especially since this happened right after we were at the restaurant in the hotel and just received horrible service. The buns had holes in them like literally bread was missing in the circle of the hamburger bun. Food over cooked. This manager actually pulled us over and did not ask ....I would think he would know how to ask a question and not accuse first but he don't! I am still in shocked. So rude Long story short I spoke to a manager there and they gave me a discount for the horrible service I received. Very odd the service is horrible but the rooms are beautiful. But I don't think everyone is like that there that work there - I truely believe I just got bad service- I mean a place like that with how much we all pay to stay there a night must have better service..right??? Kinda a toss up if you are deciding to stay there. What look good on the outside isn't necessary good on the inside. You have been warned!

Rooms are nice. Close to beach

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The photo was taken from shower floor.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

It is NOT four star hotel. The room dose not have bath tub, only shower available. Further more if you are driving, please add $40 valley parking fee to your budget each day.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Room was generally good sized and adequate bearing in mind...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Paid extra for a sea view but really didn't get one. Room service was atrocious.

Room was generally good sized and adequate bearing in mind the location and cost.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

fabulous week at the Hilton Bentley!!!
    • King Suite Mobility Access

Some minor repairs to the room. Dorr knob fixtures fell off and shower head trim too. Just need to go through room with fine toothed comb....but really it was great...not a biggie

Super friendly staff. We always felt welcome.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Great staff and

Great staff and Location

Chill & parity

Very good place, close to the beach, and nice restaurant area
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

Access of building 2 is not good.

Very good place, close to the beach, and nice restaurant area

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great room and the beach was beautiful

Great room and the beach was beautiful

It was comfortable and connected to several other dining...
    • King Studio with City View

Wifi was not free. It was 25 dollars per night.

It was comfortable and connected to several other dining areas on Ocean drive.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

wonderful time here, friendly front desk, beautiful ocean view .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Ocean View

none.

the 1 bedroom suite, we love it.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Location is fantastic, very quiet area in the heart of Miami...
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

Location is fantastic, very quiet area in the heart of Miami south Beach. Helpful staff and nice atmosphere. Very nice beach with the helpful staff.

Nice spacious and clean room, good balcony view, spacious and clean toilet with big bath.
    • King Studio with City View

Parking/valet fees too high.

The stay was relaxing
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

The hotel was excellent don’t have nothing bad to report

Great experience to enjoy a beautiful place.
    • King Studio with City View

I suggest to change the wat to the pool.

The bathroom is awesome, bed is so comfortable, view is great and location is great.

Awesome

Pretty cool

Doesn't allow late check-out

The restaurant down stairs was amazing.

The pool is small

The restaurant down stairs was amazing. Great owners and great staff.

The hotel is good, location, food and valet
    • King Room Mobility Access - City View

The hotel is good, location, food and valet

Will do it again definitely
    • King Studio with City View

I liked the great service and how close the hotel was to a lot of places

Great Location and nice comfortable rooms.

Gym was closed

Great Location and nice comfortable rooms.

Very enjoyable with access to all of South Beach.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Construction began at 9:00 am.

Staff was extremely accommodating and helpful and the pool staff was friendly.

OK
    • King Studio with City View

uncomfortable bed. room service did not follow-up as promised

Great room, friendly staff.

A little pricey.

Great room, friendly staff.

End of an Era
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

It's location and the views were amazing.

I had a wonderful experience.
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

The room was nice and clean and the staff was very helpful and polite.

All in all was relaxing
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

Forgot my card and got stuck in invented elevator and was stranded till a guest used it

Near beach, beach service

it was a little run down and needs upscaling and re deccor .
    • Deluxe Double Studio Suite with City View

it was a little run down and needs upscaling and re deccor .

Very friendly staff throughout the resort.
    • Deluxe King Studio with City View

Lack of entertainment during the week especially by the pool.

Very friendly staff throughout the resort.

The best hotel for your value on South Beach
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and easy to speak to. Always friendly and helpful

Great stay - friendly staff and great room

Bigger pool maybe

Great place. Fantastic staff and breakfast

I could not believe on a hotel like this to have such a rude staff. I got kick out of the beach...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

The staff was very unfriendly and unprofessional

Jonathan at checkin was excellent

Jonathan at checkin was excellent

In the restaurant, the manager was on his staff continuously.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

In the restaurant, the manager was on his staff continuously. They were working as fast and as hospitable as they could.

A wonderful stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

Staff very friendly! Great restaurant. Perfect location. Huge rooms.

It was an awesome first Miami visit!
    • King Studio with City View

hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with all our needs.

One of the best mini vacations I’ve had.
    • King Studio with City View

One of the best mini vacations I’ve had.

Worth the experience
    • King Suite Mobility Access

Room

Miami sunburnt brit
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

Nothing, I would certainly go again

It was close enough to everything. The staff were very polite and friendly good accommodation and facilities

Congrats for the front-desk and reception team.

breakfast was not included

Tranquility
    • King Studio with City View

The walk to where everything is at

Staff was awesome hard workers

Good Location and restaurant

A bit expensive

Good Location and restaurant

Miami Beach stay
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

A little bit old interiors..need a good renovation

Great Stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

The stay was comfortable, beautiful and fun. My children loved the view and the pool most of all.

Great Greek restaurant in hotel, and easy access to the beach.
    • Deluxe King Studio with City View

Loved the restaurant on the property, the food was excellent. Accommodations in the room were amazing.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Review
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with City View

Jacuzzi was out of order

Great place, strongly recommend!
    • King Studio - Partial Ocean View

Great place, strongly recommend!

• King Studio with City View

Having to find a parking spot every where you go

The area and the beach

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Warm and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe King Studio with City View

Very clean. Staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Location and cleanliness.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Partial Ocean View

Food and drink prices in hotel were too high.

Location and cleanliness.