Reviews of Hilton Boston-Dedham 3 stars

25 Allied Drive, Dedham, MA 02026, USA

#3 of 5 hotels in Dedham

Way overpriced

Basement room, very musty smelling, key didn't work, broken bathroom sink. For $225, way over priced. We have stayed at this hotel several times before and enjoyed each stay. Next time I will look elsewhere.

Nothing this time

Enjoyable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were below expectations. Mattress was hard and felt like a cheap mattress. Bathroom drain did not work that well.

Pool and gym were good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Great coffee at the Deli.

We liked location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was not included, but it if we wanted to eat it there it was too expensive. There was a water stain on the bathroom ceiling and toilet tank apparently had a leak. The lamp close to the bed receptacules didn’t work.

We liked location. Rooms space. Pillows were comfy. Plenty pkg spaces. Liked decorations

The bed had hair in it the first night we arrived.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed had hair in it the first night we arrived. Looks like they never changed the linen. They then changed our room and the AC was broke. We finally got a third room. The bath rooms are TOO SMALL!

Nice hotel and friendly staff.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We ate dinner there and the service was really bad. One waitress and she was overwhelmed! The food was very average and expensive.

Staff very friendly and helpful

Spacious, clean room and property.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Bathroom did not drain shower water well. Ended up having to use towels to dry the floor.

Spacious, clean room and property. Great work put and swimming facilities.

Will not stay there in the future.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets and bed linen were dirty, the shower leaked in the bathroom, the room was not throughly cleaned and broken exit signs were in the hallway.

The room size.

4 days in a resort

The The lazy workers I left my room for more than four hours and were not cleaned or arranged despite my request from the worker and waited in the lobby for a full hour and was not cleaned ..

The location of the hotel gives it the atmosphere of the resorts .. The tranquility and the surrounding environment and the sounds of birds, as well as restaurants and shops a quarter of an hour walk .. The hotel management is interested in the views of guests and seek to provide a happy stay for them.

We had an amazing time with family. We left in the morning & returned in the evening, slept there
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy air condition (was fixed 2nd day). Our rooms were not attended to even after calling the front desk the first day it happened.

The hotel was beautiful.

Not the best Hilton we've ever stayed at. It was ok for what we needed.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The room did not look like the advertised picture. We thought that it was a separate bedroom area and sitting area. Much smaller room than we thought we were getting. Not all of the outlets worked. The drain in the shower was really disgusting! Old soap and hair was in the covered area which caused the water to drain slowly.

The staff was attentive to any requests we had. The bed was fairly comfortable.

effecient, friendly, professional accommodation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

in the morning, cars need to get out to train stations/airports, but it only took 1 person waiting for their ride, to block all the outgoing cars and cause a bit of a barney

bar and pool

Our stay was horrible.

The air conditioning was broke in our room and we didn’t sleep at all the first night. Several maintenance workers looked at it but to no avail. We moved to another room the next night and that room was not any cooler. We left the hotel a day early to try to get some sleep elsewhere.

The staff was very friendly.

The room next to us was a little noisy. It was easy to hear the neighbors and hallway traffic.

The staff was very friendly. They were also very helpful with anything we brought to them.

Ok
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

It is ok I had many activities to go to I was tired. I traveled for graduation

The attendant who processed my paper on arrival was very rude. The bed sheets were not very clean. Otherwise the place is very good. This is the second time I stayed there . The gym is good

Beds were SUPER comfortable - location was great (for our...

Unsupervised children running up & down halls at 10 o’clock at night (not the hotel’s fault)

Beds were SUPER comfortable - location was great (for our needs) - breakfast was delicious

Overall excellent experience.
    • King Room - Disability Access

We were disappointed that the hot tub was closed because it had been recently painted/serviced. We weren't able to use it or the pool. Both were cold because of recent servicing.

The staff members were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was good and service excellent.

There was one staff that didn’t give a lot of information...

There was one staff that didn’t give a lot of information and didn’t offer a receipt after check out. The hotel is dated and need carpet replaced. The bed was uncomfortable. I stayed because it was perfectly located for where I was going everyday for two days. I won’t stay again.

Quiet and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

How far my room was from the elevator

The room was clean and comfortable. Dinner was delicious and the bar tender Patrick was friendly and very sociable.

I went here because the electricity was out from a storm.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I went here because the electricity was out from a storm. It was the only hotel in the area that was not price gouging!! It was crowded because many surrounding towns near Dedham also experienced loss of power. However, the hotel was able to handle the influx of patrons (especially children). The staff was great, the rooms were clean. I would go there again if needed!

A bit pricy for what you getting.

How I had noisy people next to me. I would recommend staff not to place families with kids near single or couples. I had to call to complain about noise coming from the room next to me 3 times at 12 am. It got fixed but to avoid that from happening or was best to have a level designated to families with kids. I alos did not like how i requested for a full body miorr just like on one of the pictures of the hotel but just got a dengouros glass miorr instead. Glass was sharp on the edges.

Early check-in clean and it smelled fresh

Nice, comfortable, friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

First morning, even though we ran the water a long time, it was not hot. Access to the garage is down hill, requiring walking on slippery surface.

Friendly helpful staff

Stayed because our usual hotel was sold out. You are now our first choice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tv remote didn't have option to see name of tv show via guide. Fitness center didn't have spring water.

Comfy bed. Clean. Modern. Nice staff. Restaurant and bar area very nice and occupied. Amazing gym.

Practical stay just outside of Boston
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk staff were not very approachable and as friendly as one would expect. We arrived one night and the people arriving in front of us were greeted joyfully and offered water for their room. We were only a few feet behind and were not greeted or offered water. When we asked for water, it was given to us but seemed to be bothered by the request.

Breakfast was included, and both the staff and the quality of the food were very good. The service was courteous and professional.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have stayed at the Hilton many times. All of their subsidiaries, this one by far was somewhat disappointing. The room was in the basement they said lower floor. The floor was damp and smelled like smoke. I think they put us in a smoking room. We were down by the gym’s and pool. The first day the toilet over flowed they came and plunged but didn’t mop the floor granted it was only water but still, the room was dated. They came on the second day and put 2 towels in the room and wash clothes there were 3 of us, they didn’t make the beds. Won’t be staying at this one again toda

Less than expected. Did not get what I paid for.

I checked in and "my king bed room" was not ready. I needed to change and go out. I got a room with two double beds. The toilet seat was loose and had to be fixed. There were missing drawer pulls on two of the drawers. They chose to pick that Saturday and Sunday to strip and do wallpaper replacement in the hallways. We were never told about the construction. Breakfast was included but I was never given a coupon for the restaurant to process. Below average service all around. No one went out of their way to accommodate me at all.

Dedham
    • King Room - Disability Access

Mobility access room located far away from entrance, bad. Roll-in shower controls confusing. More handicapped parking spaces needed close to entrance.

Hotel is away from downtown.

facilities need to be updated: toilet, elevator( first day I was there had a Fire. Everybody was c Evacuated and Waited outside for an hour in the Rain).

Hotel is away from downtown. It is a quiet place.

the 'business centre' was helpful and the overall experience was relaxing.

There was no coffee making capability in the room.

We liked the treed aspect/landscaping, the clean pool, complimentary newspapers. As part our business we needed a pencil and staff went out of their way to get us exactly what we needed.

The kitchen n herb restaurant/take out.

No free coffee in the lobby. Flat sheets came loose. Fitted sheets would be better.

The kitchen n herb restaurant/take out. I got a meal to save for a late night snack.

The stay was great!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't know the breakfast was an option when booking. I think that when someone doesn't pick that option they should be reminded when checking in that they did not receive it and breakfast will be additional. You could even offer it to them one last time at check in and probably make a sale.

The stay was great!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Dreamcaster travel

There was nothing that I would rate as not liking. Even the area where the hotel is locked is private

I enjoyed the peace and the cleanness of my room. The shower and the bathroom was the best I have been in even though the to lie was a little low for someone with knee issues

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Convenient train commute to Boston
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's hard to turn the shower on without getting hit in the face by cold water - awkward design. Also, don't do room service - better to go downstairs to the cafe/shop and order in person and carry it up as you have more options and it's faster.

Perfect for commuting into Boston (South Station) via the commuter rail - literally a 7 minute walk (but ask the staff how to cut across adjoining parking lots to avoid walking on the road) and an approx 25 mins ride (though trains are infrequent outside peak commuting hours). Had a comfortable, quiet room on the 4th floor on the side of the building facing just trees, which was great for resting and doing work.

Great Stay. Highly recommend.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The mattress was uncomfortable.

The room layout was very bright and cheerful. Loved the cathedral ceiling, which made the room feel quite open and larger than it was. The furnishings (including the bathroom) were very current. Nice lounge and restaurant on site that were actually being used so it wouldn't be a "ghost town" if you chose to use them. Very nice view of a courtyard outside our room.

Worst hotel experience ever
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The ventilation system was not working so the room temperature was 85 degrees during my entire stay. The only accomodation provided was to open the window which had no screen. I called to get room service multiple times and the phone just rang. No staff member answered the phone. I wanted to stay at the Hilton because I thought it was a luxury hotel. Overall the stay was a terrible experience. There are motels that have better service and accomodations than the Hilton-Dedham.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very Comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My Hilton honors number could not be located. Our toilet paper holder came out of the wall when I barely touched it upon arrival. Overall very good experience.

The room
    • One-Bedroom King Corner Suite

The pool and hot tub were dirty. My husband and son both got injured and when it was reported to the hotel staff they did not remove everyone from the pool or hot tub and clean it. They didn't even try to compensate or nothing.

The room

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Pleasant chain hotel outside Boston.

The location was good for me because relatives happen to live near by, and it would be good for travelers doing business in the area. A car is really necessary because it is a long way from the attractions of central Boston and not well connected by public transport.

A very clean, nicely designed, well-run modern hotel. I traveled with a family member who uses a wheelchair. Accessibility and willingness of the staff to help us were outstanding.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

My wife and I did enjoy the stay after all.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

We did have an issue with the temperature control of the room for the first night until it was fixed by maintenance... maybe due to a broken window frame and bad thermostat.

The staff was very friendly. The room was also clean. Responses to our complaints were quick . We did like the service at the restaurant.

Very comfortable bed, easy parking

Lack of choice for an evening meal, had to drive to a mall. Date for pool closure kept being extended, so disappointed couldn't swim

Very comfortable bed, easy parking

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Comfortable Stay - Away from Home
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

After our room was cleaned, the maid forgot to shut our door completely..luckily our valuables were locked away so nothing was taken.

Murray your nighttime manager was fantastic and really made us feel like guests. Your staff were incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Excellent stay at the Hilton, Dedham

More vegetarian options on the restaurant menu other than pizza

The room was newly refurbished and very clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Good luck sleeping at a construction site

I didn't like the ongoing construction that was so loud it woke us both up at 7am and couldn't be slept through even after getting back to the room at 2am from the Monday night Patriots game.

I liked leaving the property to go home and get some sleep.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Great amenities! Great staff! Disappointing food!

The ice machine on our floor was out of order. Second time I have stayed at this Hilton and dirty plates left outside rooms are not picked up. They were there when we arrived and there when we left 3 days later. Not ours, someone else's! Breakfast was awful! The quality of the food does not match the quality of the rest of the facility.Why is the food so poor? Runny eggs, soggy pancakes. We felt sorry for the servers who had to serve the stuff.

The room was impeccably clean. The bed very comfortable. I liked that there was a walk in shower rather than a tub to climb over. The desk, cleaning and serving staff where all cheerful and polite and professional. We stay at this Hilton for its convenient location(to Boston/family/shopping) and the pool/gym. We will again, but being sure to find other places to eat...food for all meals not appropriate for this caliber of hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Not great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cold shower in the morning. We all left not having a shower.

Went to get a shower in the morning and the water was cold! Paid enough money for our stay and there should not have been cold water. Will not stay here in the future!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great stay! Awesome staff!

Bed was a little uncomfortable for our backs but we could have just missed our own bed! :) Pool was under construction which was a bummer. Still able to use hot tub one night but you could tell they are in the middle of renovations.

Staff was amazing from the first time we walked in until we checked out. Very helpful, welcoming and kind. Our flight arrived 5 hours before check-in and we were welcomed and let into our room early. Staff was very helpful and helped us each day to learn our way into downtown Boston, using transit and helping us with shuttle when we needed it. We went to Patriots game while there and Patriots Train was very easy to take and train station is less than 5 min walk away. Only thing about this hotel when you don't have rental car is there is no close convenience store or liquor store. Prices at local café are very steep. We resorted to buying everything in the city and carrying back to hotel or using shuttle to go to store.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

No thank you

Our room never received housekeeping in a two night stay. Our bathtub was clogged and took three days to get someone to help after repeated calls; only after I removed the clog myself. Breakfast buffet was highly expensive and not quality I've expected from Hilton. Burn marks on floor and peeling wallpaper. Repeated calls to find out where dry cleaning was... finally found a day later.

Beds were very comfortable. Staff helpful when repeatedly asked.

would never stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

front desk service, like they were doing us a favor! elevators miles from our room, just not friendly atmosphere, would not stay here again.

Customer service, and the food.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Pricing of food and room rate were high..

Customer service, and the food.

okay stay for an okay location,

no breakfast

Very pleasant.

The signage off the highway was not good.

Convenient, clean, great exercise facilities.

A very nice stay, I have stayed here numerous times never had an issue.

No Don Julio at the bar! lol

Smooth check in and comfortable beds!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Injured my foot and no first aid box?

Injured my foot and no first aid box?

The staff could not have been nicer.

The staff could not have been nicer. Everyone was accommodating , friendly and most any most helpful with any questions we had about the area.

I love the Hilton it had restaurants and the staff was very helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The jacuzzi water was dirty and cold

I like how clean the hotel was

I liked everything

The quietness

Great choice.

This was a very convenient, clean, comfortable hotel with great staff. I would recommend it.

Clean- bar-business friendly-the rooms aren’t amazing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The walls are very thin. It felt like the neighboring room was in the same room.

It was clean

It was great

Only ordered a drink but the bartender went out of his to accommodate

front desk clerk at checkin was great

The bar closed at 11 pm on Sunday. C'mon!!! Really? Even Cinderella gets 'til midnight

front desk clerk at checkin was great

Awesome

Everything was perfect

Table top fell off table (causing slight injury).
    • King Room - Disability Access

Table top fell off table (causing slight injury). Cleaning staff had loud argument in hallway in the morning.

food was terrible

food was terrible

It was pretty good, would stay again.

The thin walls that you can hear other people in their rooms and the smell of smoke in a non-smoking room.

The look of the whole place and style.

Staff very friendly and breakfast always great.

Pool was under construction :(

Staff very friendly and breakfast always great.

Premium class hotel in the wood.

Pool wasn't working. Dust in rooms everywhere. Coffee pot was flooding.

Good breakfast, big room. Nice carpet and hotel design.

The staff at the front desk is excellent

The staff at the front desk is excellent

It was cozy and pretty, the staff were nice, the room was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It’s right off the highway, there’s isn’t anything around

It was cozy and pretty, the staff were nice, the room was pretty spacious

I was at the conference all day (7am-6:30pm), so I did not...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was at the conference all day (7am-6:30pm), so I did not use any facilities......

Overall layout and above all else the dirty room no linen...

Overall layout and above all else the dirty room no linen and when called front desk they oromisecto send someone up and never did

Check in was fast and friendly.

Check in was fast and friendly. Room was Clean and bed was super comfy!

Large clean room
    • King Room - Disability Access

The mattress was hard and hurt our backs

Large clean room

I paid 129 dollars per night not even a free breakfast wow...

N/a

I paid 129 dollars per night not even a free breakfast wow that's not fair

Good service.

Good service. Good guacamole

It was a comfortable stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Toilet was very dirty. Room service was late and the food wasnt that good.

It was a comfortable stay. Quiet. Comfortable beds.