Reviews of Hilton Boston Downtown/Faneuil Hall 4 stars

#41 of 81 hotels in Boston

6.1

perfect location, comfy bedding

it seemed expensive

the bed, pillows, and blankets were super comfy! the room was clean and big, and the a/c was nice and cold (it was 100 degrees outside). the staff were friendly and helpful, and the valet was very convenient. the location is excellent! easy walk to every place we wanted to go!! We will stay here again!

We had soap shampoo and liquid wash for only one people we...

We had soap shampoo and liquid wash for only one people we were two people only one could take a shower ...according to the price of the room it's not fair...

Everyone helpful and nice. Room big and great location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Queen size bed seemed more like a full size But comfortable

The room was big enough for three people comfortably. Great location for food and sights. Doormen very informative and super nice

:-)
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My ONE suggestion: there was no mirror with decent lighting in this room for applying makeup. They need a magnifying mirror that folds out form the bathroom wall or something. HORRIBLE to apply make up.

Large room that felt both historical and modern...perfect Boston vibe.

Wonderfully relaxing and fun!

My view was of the brick wall, but hey, it’s boston! I didn’t spend much time in my room! 😊

The room was large, very clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom was immaculate.

Business hotel Downtown

Located in the business downtown so in direct neighborhood little options for late night drinks.

Comfortable spacious room. Perfect location for Boston downtown trips. Many dinner options in 5 min walk radius.

Location is in heart of downtown very close to everything.

No parking for bigger vehicles. I sometimes have to use my work van and there isn't a anywhere to park it but on the street.

Location is in heart of downtown very close to everything. And very easy to get rides in and out. We do use car services.

Professional, well-kept, polite staff, clean, spacious...
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible with Roll In Shower

The fact that free wifi was not included. 15 dollars is much too high for such a thing, in addition to the cost of the room. Bathtubs are a bit short in length, but I am tall and that is quibbling.

Professional, well-kept, polite staff, clean, spacious washrooms, great location.

Disgraceful treatment with my bill

They are not responding to my emails as they tried to charge me a second time for my room when I returned home to Ireland and I had to get Visa involved to block the payment. I wouldn’t stay again until they contact me with an explanation

The cleaning staff were very friendly every morning.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no hot water so we had very quick showers. It was unfortunate since I had been looking forward to a hot bath in lieu of no hot tub at this location.

The cleaning staff were very friendly every morning. Luckily for me she did a quick check as we left and found a shirt that had fallen behind a chair. The room was one of the most spacious rooms I've been in.

We were in Boston for a concert at TD Garden which was only about a 15 min walk from our hotel.

Booking.com lost my reservation. The kind young lady checking us in was very helpful and patient .

Great hotel, very clean, exceptional staff! It’s a two minute walk to Faniuel Hall and the Aquarium. Perfect location!!!

Near the Quincy Market

Rate or the hotel parking 😑😑 we have no advantage to stay there on the rate... 60 us a day... i did nt take it... near the hotel, 20-30$ a day... The housewife came many time on the morning... Still can wait midday lol

Near the Quincy Market Bed good confort

Excellent!

The french onion soup was a bit too salty.

The head manager was super friendly and generous. The food was delicious! Loved the fresh flowers. Loved the extra security of having to use your key in the elevators. Staff is friendly, attentive and efficient.

Loved the experience - would revisit.

Thought it was a bit expensive.

Loved the location, proximity to south station for trains and buses. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Cleanliness was first class and enjoyed breakfast every morning.

Modern, comfortable and classy!

The in-house restaurant was extremely expensive...

Very comfortable bed and EXTREMELY large television! The restaurant, Fin Point, was excellent albeit very expensive. Loved the service and the large bathrooms. Overall the stay exceeded our expectations and was amazing.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite

No laundry facilities. A lot of garbage on the streets in the neighborhood.

The set up of the room was comfortable. Quiet room. Staff was very accommodating. Easy to walk to everything!

I expect better from a Hilton hotel.

Toilet in our room had water running constantly, like it wasn’t filling. Looked like it had been recently replaced but wasn’t secured in place. Shower head/shower curtain we’re not a good combination - water all over the floor. Food in the restaurant was below average.

Location is great for walking around town.

We had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

Refrigerator could have been a little colder.

Lamb wellington was out of this world. Shepard's Pie was delicious. Service was excellent (thank you Brandy!). Pillows were so comfortable that if we were the thieving type, we would have figured out a way to smuggle them out.

Great place to spend our anniversary

The coffee pot was broke, it overflowed , because it only filled one side for two cups. And the coffee is awful.

Comfortable beds, and the shower had great water pressure.

I love to the location was in the middle of everything we...

I couldn't find the gift shop or store inside the hotel. Even following the map I couldn't find it

I love to the location was in the middle of everything we wanted to do while in Boston made walking significantly easier saved us some money I also enjoyed how respectful all the employees were

We booked a king room but when we got there they didn't have any so they gave us a double queen. The double queen room they gave us wasn't clean so we switched rooms and they somehow had a king room available then.

Recommended

I was overcharged by 120 dollars. Ask for a hard copy of your bill and check it! Staff was helpful and resolved the issue but I didn't expect this.

Huge shower, comfy bed. Also empty fridge for juice and goodies and a laptop sized (!!) safe. Awesome.

Easy, clean and convenient

Someone had smoked before in the room. In all fairness I didn't raise this at check in. So nothing wrong with the property just people behaving poorly

Easy, clean and convenient

Amazing.

Location is clutch everyone is so nice. When we go back this is where we will always stay. Literally in the middle of everything and a 3-5min walk to anywhere

The service staff for room service were very rude.

The service staff for room service were very rude. Also, the cleaning room service kept trying to come in to clean when the sign on the door said “Do Not Distrub”, at 8am. They actually just opened the door at one point without knocking. Not impressed.

Great location that puts you in the middle of downtown. Convenient to shopping/dining/transport
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible with Roll In Shower

Wasn’t aware of the $100 per day hold they put on my card at check in which caused a problem a couple of days into the stay. Had I known ahead of time, I would of used a different card that I did not plan to use on vacation. Spoke to management about it and it was cleared up a couple of days after.

Beds were very comfortable and linens were nice and soft. View from 1418 was great. Door attendants and housekeeping staff were friendly. Was able to check in early and offered a more accommodating room for my party.

Staff was great and made our stay memorable.

The first room we were given was not clean. The beds were not made and towels on the floor. Someone came right away and showed us to another room.

The room was comfy and staff was great

Great location and great staff

The free Hilton Honors WiFi only allows you to connect to the Hilton websites, the air was quite dry in the room and it bothered my throat, and the thermostat was set on 68 but it was much warmer than that because we were all hot.

Good Location, staff was very useful and friendly, spacious room for a city hotel, and they honored our request for a room with a view.

The room, location, and quality of the place was great.

I heard they lock the door past a certain time (midnight?) and I knew our plane wouldn't land until late, so knowing this I called and asked if we could still check in past midnight. Apparently by calling and asking this question, I was checked in? That evening, our initial flight was delayed, causing us to miss our connection, which was the last flight to Boston. Therefore we had to get a hotel in Newark, and we were not allowed to get any money back form the Hilton for that night because I called earlier to make sure we wouldn't get locked out? This was$150 I lost because I went through Booking.com according to them, meaning they couldn't change it, and after calling Booking.com to help, they said nothing could be done because I was checked it... it really makes me question going through this site again if I can't get the help I need, but could have if I went through Hilton.com apparently? Not happy with the all around service from this experience at all, never had problems in the past.

The room, location, and quality of the place was great.

My booking.com quote was not honored and I was not told at check in that it would not be honored.

I booked through Booking.com online while trapped in a blizzard in Boston. I was quoted a price that was affordable for me. I trusted that this is the price that I would be charged and since I was disoriented after walking to the hotel in the middle of a blizzard from the train, I did not check my receipt, and only later realized that I was charged the full price for the room and not the Booking.com price. I clearly indicated that I had booked over booking.com. I feel that I was taken advantage of because I was caught in a blizzard and needed a place to stay enroute to New York.

The location was great and a short walk to Boston Common.

The location was great and a short walk to Boston Common. We used the coffee maker in the room each morning and the bed was really comfy! The heater worked really well (needed during a Boston winter). Value for money!

Boston Vacation

Absolutely nothing.....

This was in the Perfect location, right in the center of everything. The staff as well as the facilities were awesome. We will return many more times.

Having this lovely, historic hotel as our home base made our visit spectacular!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we arrived (after midnight) the type of room was not available, so we had to pack up and move the next day. However, the second room was excellent, made up for the inconvenience.

Very elegant, comfortable, quiet. Staff is helpful but discreet. Great restaurant - Finpoint - and access to all of downtown's attractions.

Sweet besides the bald guy
    • Superior King Room

The bald head at the front desk couldnt get a job as a state trooper so he chose to run a hotel.. probaly does driving instructions for the youth on the side

Didnt like the bald headed guy

Great stay. I'm hoping to stay again maybe next year.

Parking, access to cars in parking. Cost of Fin Point Restaurant and the fact that they did not have their prices posted on their online menu.

Location, cleanliness.

We will keep returning to this hotel on future trips to Boston because we always enjoy staying here.

We had to wait a long time for our room to be ready and after a while the desk person went ahead and gave us an upgrade so we could finally get settled in. So that worked out in the end.

Large room with separate bath and vanity area, comfy beds with really nice pillows,helpful staff members,restaurant on premises

Not on the level of a 4-star hotel.

Room was very noisy. One can hear the noise of guests walking by the corridor and even talking in their rooms. It was not easy to sleep throughout the night.

Location was nice. It was near the sea and quinchy market was also nearby, where there are plenty of food options.

Concierge and support staff prompt, helpful, friendly.

Internet in corner room was poor. Able to connect only for short periods of time. View was what it was

Concierge and support staff prompt, helpful, friendly. Questions answered quickly and internet issues handled quickly

Our room was decent however there was a couple holes in the wall that you could tell were patched up

I love the location and that there was so many things going on around where the hotel was we went for the JAY-Z concert and we really enjoyed our stay.

A great long weekend stay and hope to go back soon.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hot water in the shower/tub was never hot enough. It would also be helpful to have a towel rack, or two, to put wet towels to dry so that they are easy to reuse.

Loved the location and the staff was helpful and friendly. The room was spacious and well appointed.

I enjoyed coming back to the comfort of my room after being out all day.

It would be nice to receive free parking.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was wonderful. Everything was clean.

Stay was pleasant. Would stay again

Lounge Area on Saturday night had over 30 people in it and they closed while all were there. It is the City Of Boston on a Saturday night. Let your guests hang out

Clean Neat property. Staff friendly and helpful.. Located down town in business district close to Faneiul Hall

Great location and staff, a bit pricey!

For the price, I expected a few more perks. There was some wear and tear in the bathroom that needs to be addressed. I was happy they offered in-room coffee, but it was terrible. And there weren't many places to eat breakfast in the area for early risers. Still none of these things would deter me from staying here again.

The staff was fantastic, especially the front door man. So courteous and helpful! The room was comfortable, and the bed was like a cloud. I would still stay here again, because the location can't be beat with its close proximity to the North End, Faneuil Hall and the TD Garden.

It was ok

The fact that I could loose my stuff

I bought books at the Berklee Music and book store and I forgot in the room. I tried to get hold of lost and found for 48 hours and ultimately they told me they never saw them

Overall it was nice but the final cost took us by surprise.

In regards to the price......We felt that the final cost just wasn't worth it. Over $900 for a two night stay. You'd figure for well over $300 a night parking would be free or less than what was charged. That was a big issue.

Overall, our stay was very nice. The hotel was good.

Great location!

Great location! We stayed the night for a Celtics game. It was about a 15 min walk to the Garden but it's a great location for food and drink before the game.

Location location location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think a light breakfast of coffee and a croissant should be included with all room rates.

The beds were the most comfortable ever. Location was ideal. Had little interaction with staff but those that we did meeet were excellent.lohjy

Planning our next Boston trip, and planning to stay here again! All around excellent experience
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Always looking for cheaper rates - but this was a busy weekend in Boston, and really well worth it.

The hotel is clean, up to date, and our room was quiet. Staff was great! For example, restaurant was nice (a little pricey), but didn't have much for our son - so the staff let us bring McDonald's for him, and we could enjoy a nice dinner. The location was excellent - easy walk to aquarium, waterfront, north end, boston common, downtown crossing - we walked the Freedom Trial, and took the ferry back to the aquarium. Also great access to T stops.

Great place to base your self if you are visiting Boston

Nothing it was great and we would definatly return to this hotel in Boston

great room comfy bed bars and restaurants nearby are great and close to walk to Quincy Market. An Uber to the airport was only $14 from here! They posted my postcards and stored m luggage as well.

They stay was sub-par for the cost.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price of the hotel was too high. I will not return to this hotel at the price of weekend stays in the financial district where many local establishments are closed on the weekends.

It was easy walking distance from the hotel to local spots and transportation.

Excellent stay in an excellent location!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

larger beds--we had full instead of queen, for the price of the hotel, a complimentary breakfast would've been nice

large room, plenty of places in the area to grab a quick, inexpensive breakfast, excellent area and close to all locations we wanted to visit, friendly staff, plenty of water pressure in the shower!

High quality, but expensive compared to other hotels of this standard in this city.

You have to join HHonors to get free Wi-fi! That’s a scam and should be beneath a chain of this standard. We have spent 3 weeks in New England and a weekend in a class hotel in Montreal and the Wi-fi was free everywhere - no strings.

As you would expect from the brand, a well-appointed room with every amenity. The location is excellent - a short walk to everywhere in downtown Boston.

Great location, comfy beds. Close walk to Fanieul Hall, Aquarium and North end too.

I missed having a nice spacious lobby to hang out in. There was a small sitting area which was nice, but I was expecting a grand lobby area.

We upgraded to a king suite. Room was large and view was absolutely amazing. Room 1528. Bed was very comfortable. Wheelhouse Restaurant=great coffee/breakfast items.

Very nice hotel that's convenient to Faneuil Hall, Quincy market, the harbor etc. Great location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom had a bath/shower and toilet, and then an outer area with single sink and mirror and towels. There wasn't a lot of room to store two people's toiletries by the sink so I used the windowsill in the shower room. No mirror in the shower room - that would have been really handy. Breakfast not included in our room rate.

Beds were very comfortable, and room was clean. Coffee making facility in room, and bottled water each day. We had a room with two double beds on 15th floor, was very quiet and had good views of the city. Convenient location.

Overpriced, dingy accommodations.

Messed up group booking, mold in bathrooms for 2 rooms, deleted booking that was prepaid, charged my card illegally for another room---stating that they swiped my card to check them in without my consent or knowledge, damaged/broken bathroom door, obstructed view, forced to change rooms, misinformed me about shuttle service they ended up not having, etc.

Everything was wonderful.
    • Double Room - Disability Access

The cost was high but you get what you pay for.

Everything was wonderful. We walked everywhere we needed to go. The hotel staff was really nice the front desk helped us move into a larger room when we requested it. The staff at the bar were great too. Room service was awesome.

I liked how close to everywhere the hotel was.

We checked in about 1pm. When we arrived at our room there were dirty dishes from room service directly outside our door. We did see the cleaning service personal & assumed they were taking care of our floor. We left the room about 45minutes later & the dishes were still there. We came back about 7:30pm & the dishes were still there. We left the room at 8:30 am the next morning to go for a walk & the dishes were still there. We checked out at 11:30am & the dishes were still there. The bathtub did not drain well at all & the toilet seat was very loose & kept sliding off to the side when we had to sit on it.

I liked how close to everywhere the hotel was. We could walk to anywhere we chose.

Nice staff but not worth the costs incurred.

Reservation was messed up, dirty linens left in my room from another guest room during cleaning, no airport shuttle, mold in my sister's room, broken bathroom door that didn't close (forced us to switch rooms), tiny room for the price, no included internet or breakfast

Great location to see Quincy Hall, and clean and comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No real view. Bathroom door lock appeared broken. Very expensive, even more so due to conventions.

Location was excellent, quick walk to subway and to places, such as Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall and even North End. Surrounded by restaurants. Staff was efficient and stored our luggage after we checked out, so that we could still explore the city. Room was clean. Feels safer because you need room key to access room floors.

Fun downtown spot to stay in Boston
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing, except staying a few more days!!

Bed and pillows were like sleeping on a cloud! Bathroom was huge and loved the window ledge to set out toiletries on while getting ready!

Wouldn't pay that much to stay there again.
    • Superior King Room

Too expensive. Not worth the cost.there Plus, check in was awkward due to reservation being through booking.com

Too expensive. Not worth the cost. Small rooms, no views. Check in difficult due to reservation being through " BOOKING.COM". They could not find our reservation.

Quiet rooms but the internet did not work....ive paid alot of money a night to stay in a quality roo

Housekeeping over zealous on our last day to clean our room....check out is at 12 not at 9am....also when someone opens a door for guests please note there maybe others trying to get in that are also guests....we ended up using the spinner doors because he was concentrating on talking to other guests and not paying attention we were trying to get inside

I loved the restaraunt inside the hotel....very good service

Everything was in walking distance.

I did not like that the parking was Valet and was an extra 51 dollars a night and no one advised us on parking down the street for 9 dollars a night. We were not able to check in early and was not emailed back from the Hilton.

Everything was in walking distance.

You are right downtown next to everything.

You are right downtown next to everything. There were some great restaurants - local flare and hip new style (the Bostonia) and great coffee shops (Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, the black cofffee? austrian style coffee so good!) you're basically 2 blocks from the water and the freedom trail. Its a historical feeling hotel that feels well kept. We had a great room 1136. Large size, great windows, comfy bed. The hotel restaurant was totally awesome. Decor was great, stylish, great drinks/wine options. Staff friendly as well. The valet cost is high! But the cost the room was the least out of comparable hotels. Would very much recommend this hotel.

Overall enjoyanle and I would stay again but probably seek breakfast elsewhere.

The service for breakfast was a bit leisurely and people ordering off the regular menu seemed to be served more quickly. The boiled eggs for the Continental breakfast were cold even though they were an additional cost. I had to ask when some items would be coming and gave up on the requested hot water for my 2nd cup of peppermint tea as no-one seemed to be coming,

The staff were very helpful when they knew I had mobility issues.. The bed and room were very comfy. The service staff were very efficient and nice. The location of the hotel was excellent. I was able to access the room fairly quickly post arrival.

Im just sad I love all the staff there , they treat people so good and they are fun! Managers mean

Horrible experience. Been staying there at that exact location for twenty years. They all of a sudden started. Bathing me with no warning an extra 30 bucks for a rollaway bed we added to the room. I never ever paid extra. They specifically blamed it on booking.com and the fact that the toll seats are in high demand this weekend therefore they had to charge r tea. That's illegal.. I told them I've been a great customer for 20 years they didn't care.. I told them I never paid extra for a rollaway bed.. they said they didn't care., I was shocked. Not sure what happened. The staff that is always there is the best ever. We have gotten friendly with all of them! They make that hotel what it is., they were even shocked... long story is the front desk people and manager treated us like dirt and wanted to charged us r tea for no resin other then they could screw us after we settled in.

Would stay again!

Tub would not drain and we called down and we were told someone was going to fix it. However, nobody ever came and I showered in 6 inches of water.

Bed was comfortable and lots of space for a room in Boston. I asked for a room away from elevators and was very happy with the room I was given.

the stay was excellent.

Price was high but in line with the high cost of hotels in downtown Boston; getting car (valet parking) took 20 - 30 minutes but they told you that upfront.

Great staff, made us feel welcome. Close to many attractions, Uber rides readily availabe and highly recommended instead of driving and parking downtown.

Loved the convenient location, bed comfy, staff friendly---just need more attention to cleanliness!
    • Superior King Room

Lots of hair found in tub and sink. Yuck! Lights were difficult to control in room. Not cool enough.

Location perfect and close to many site seeing spots.

Had a very pleasant stay and would be slow to stay elsewhere if returning to Boston

Prices for food & drink, although probably in keeping with other similar local establishments of the same standard were a bit shocking to us - 16 dollars for a small glass of house white wine!

Great Location, Nice area, quiet and but near to some great attractions

Too expensive, NO free wifi in room, maid did not clean our room
    • Superior King Room

There was no free wifi in the rooms. That is almost unheard of this day and age. If I had known that, I would NEVER have booked at the exhorbitant price of this hotel. Also, the maid never came to make the bed or clean the bathroom the first night we stayed. We were only staying two nights so this makes it even more important. Very sloppy on housekeeping's part.

The rooms were well appointed, the bed comfortable, the bathroom spacious and clean upon arrival.

Fantastic experience,wonderful hotel ,staff really made us welcome !
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Can't complain about anything !

Staff are excellent ,friendly and helpful Hotel location is great within walking distance of port,markets,shops,dining and transport.

Shower nightmare.

Two rooms booked. First room dated and needed to be updated and second room had no shower ability as knob for shower broke off and you could not use after running for an hour. This is the first Hilton that I have stayed at that everything was not stellar. Told reception desk about no shower ability and she could have cared less.

Location, staff were friendly,bed was comfortable

Location is everything, so if you want to be close to town you can expect to pay $$$.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our wifi didn't work very well and we never did get it fixed, although the staff was very helpful. The price of the room was extremely high, but the other place we stayed on our initial arrival in Boston was in a food desert so I guess it was worth the price. You might indicate on your ratings the proximity of eating establishments, as that can be a factor if you get on an evening flight and wold like a nice meal.

• Superior King Room

When we came back to our room at 5 pm the room was a mess. The bed was tore apart. the vacumn was in the room and nothing cleaned. we had to leave for half hr so someone could fiiosh the job.