Reviews of Hilton Charlotte Center City 4 stars

222 East Third Street, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA

#26 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

• Deluxe King Room with City View

The glass shower was beautiful , but the water was slow to drain so the water would come out onto the floor. So we laid towels at the outside of the shower to absorb the water. But shower pressure was excellent.

The room was very clean. Bed comfy. Room was convenient, located downtown. Everything in walking distance.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

We got the king room with view. Bed was not comfortable and air wasn’t working. Price was way too high for that room.

The hotel was pretty with nice accommodations

The gym was closed both days due to issues and didn’t open until noon on weekends...but it is a separate gym (YMCA in an adjoining building) The hallways are old and musty. They never made up our room over a multiple day stay. The faucet in the room is a flat, modern type that would splash you every time you turned it on. The rooms had a certain musk as well.

The room service was exceptional in terms of both speed of service (delivered in less time then quoted by a very friendly staff member) and quality and portion size of food.

• King Room with City View - Hearing/Disability Access

Bathroom had a little mold/mildew

The staff attended to all of our needs and questions right away. We had to switch rooms and that was done in a timely manner and they apologized perfusely. We forgot our pillow. They called us right away and held it for us until we could pick it up after we had lunch.

• Executive Floor King Room

It was a loud knocking noise going on in the walls which lasted my entire stay. They moved me 3:00 am because of the noise and it continued in the new room. I ended up checking out 12:30 the following night because of the noise.

Excellent location

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

I don’t have anything that is really negative about my stay. Nothing negative happened. I will say I chose this hotel because of other Hilton’s I’ve stayed at but room wasn’t as fancy as others. It doesn’t really look like the pictures as others I’ve stayed in do look like the picture. It’s not a negative because the rooms are nice but I did expect a bit more.

Location was beautiful. The bathroom was amazing!!!!!

Parking

Overall nice place to stay, and the staff was excellent. Facilities was nice clean and comfortable, if I ever have to travel to Charlotte again it will definitely be my first choice to stay. And I recommend this place to everyone that's visiting the area.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

The lack of knowledge from front desk. I was charged for fees I had no knowledge of. I was over charged for parking.

The cleanliness and comfort. Also the convenience of being surrounded around restaurants!

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Only thing is that the property was rated 2 stars and I almost did not book it because of that. It was much better than a 2 Star

Overall stay was great!!!

Construction goin on from 9am-5pm even on the weekend

The hotel has construction goin between 9am- 5pm ! Why would u book guest and not inform them of such LOUD noise???? And the front desk should’ve informed me and other guest of such noise throughout the hotel. I was moved from the 18 floor to the 12 floor and the volume of the noise was still the same

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

I requested a high floor with a good view, but got a not great view over looking the flat top of a building. However, we were comped a breakfast when I expressed our disappointment.

The property was attractive, inviting and very clean. The bed was sooo comfortable. We had the corner king which provided great use of space.

Everything was fine.

We like the corner room with the city view. We were very please with the room setting, the clean room, the comfortable room and the beautiful places to eat. We also like the price of the room.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

When entering the building from the garage there were no clear directions on where I was supposed to go. I had to ask people, customer, walking where the check in desk was. I was lost when I first came in. Then when I checked in it was not advised to use my room key to get on the elevator. I had to have another person, customer, to advise me.

Thr hotel is beautiful. It met my expectations after I became familiar with it.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Air conditioner in room didn't seem to be working properly. Had to turn the thermostat down to 64 just to get comfortable. Hallways and common areas were great. Our room was very stuffy.

All the staff were friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

The beds were super comfortable but we had double beds and they are just not roomy enough for 2 people.

The buffet breakfast was amazing! The food was fresh and cooked to perfection!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like the entrance of the valet but that’s all

I spoke to the hotel operator at least 5 times preparing for our arrival. Her name was Kiesha and she was the sweetest thing ever. All the staff that we contact with were awesome!!!! I especially liked how We were able to check in early

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

The room was located on the 14th floor I could still hear the sound of the streets as well as the nearby station. Furthermore I could hear everything in the room next to me especially the TV. Which would suggest very poor soundproofing or lack there of. You have to pay for parking and it is not easy to get from the parking structure of the hotel to the lobby of the hotel. It was a big hassel and the bathroom seems very old and small it’s age was showing. The toilet would sometimes needs a bit of jiggling to make it flush and the cover seemed to be broken. My stay was short and it I never bothered to call the hotel maintenance to fix it. In my opinion it should have been made ready prior to me checking in.

There was a convenient store located inside the hotel as well as a Busgdet and Avis rental place.

The hotel itself was really old and outdated. The water pressure was very light, didn’t expect this compared to other Hilton facilities. The bed wasn’t comfy either. Didn’t enjoy our stay as we wished too. Wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone.

Location. That was the only good thing about this place.

They had the stairs blocked off when we tried to use some of the stairs cause the elevator was taking too long.

Slept very well and the walking distance to the Spectrum Center.

Only thing i didn’t like was parking wasn’t free for people who stayed in the hotel

The location was perfect and so was the price. The bed felt amazing and the location was perfect right next to everything! Great hotel

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The coffee pot in my room had crud inside and therefore I had to order coffee from room service. That was the only dissappointment but should be rectified.

The beds were very comfortable. The location was in perfect walking distance to the convention center. The staff were extremely pleasant.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although the came to fix our bed . It was still extremely uncomfortable. I woke up with my back hurting.

Overall the way the hotel communicated via text was a nice touch. The were very responsive to my request.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

Check in was terrible. Inadequately staffed so it took over a half hour to check in. There were just two check in staff for an exceedingly busy time and no other staff or managers to answer any questions. Room temperature was too hot. We were unable to adjust temperature to a comfortable level. No newspapers!!!!

location was perfect. staff was very friendly. restaurant was good...great breakfasts

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

The chain inside the toilet bowl kept getting tangled after flushing and the toilet runs constantly until I untangle it. Otherwise everything was beautiful.

Everything.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

No bathtub. The command area hasn't been dusted. Very confusing. No signs for front desk. Ac units didn't work in our room. Maintenance was good and brought us a fan.

Bedding was perfect

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

When booking the room we were not told that they were doing construction. We arrived at 9pm only to find the street closed to access the hotel. Police directed us to travel around the block we called the hotel several times about not being able to find where we was going. We were directed to the parking garage by the front desk, once we made our way in we checked in and was given a ticket to exit the parking garage the next morning. We both thought that was very nice of the hotel. Once in our room we find that the air is not working. We go eat come back to the room to find a note saying Construction would begin at 6am on the roof and they are sorry for any inconvenience. We ask to move rooms bc the air doesn’t work in this room they move us to 18th floor air is a little better but at 6am an air horn goes off and the mechanical work begins. As we are leaving at 830ish the next morning I see my bill I was charged 18.00 to park in the garage which I thought was being comped bc it’s the only place to park!!! So we ultimately got less than 6 hours sleep. So no we are not happy about our stay.

Beautiful facility very courteous and professional staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

I didn't like the fact that our a/c wasn't working the first few days. But when we called the front desk, they offered to send maintenance right up to our room.

I loved the location of the hotel. It was close to a few of my favorite restaurants and walking distance to the epicenter.

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

Paying $32/night to park there and that fee was NEVER mentioned at check in or anywhere in the room confirmation literature. A little ridiculous when we could have payed a fraction of that and parked across the street.

Staff was friendly

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

Centrally located. Able to access the tram easily. Within walking distance of the Spectrum center, NASCAR museum, and fine dining. Sunday nights were a dead zone. Most of restaurants were closed. During the week, you need reservations. If you want to see things that are not within walking distance, you need to rent a car. Not for families as there is minimal things for kids to do. Came to Charlotte for Andrea Bocelli concert.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

18 dollars for parking seemed a bit steep. Other than that, no complaints.

Amazing location, helpful staff, wonderful and space corner deluxe king room was perfect for our stay.

All listed above

The hotel was disgusting! All the carpeted hallways smelt dingy. They had to change us to a new room because our room did not look at all like the picture when we booked. I had a cracked toilet and tons of holes in the wall. The air conditioner didn’t work in first room and wasn’t much better in the second. Terribly uncomfortable bed! Both my husband and I are young and we left with our lower back aching after sleeping in that terribly squishy bed

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

Location was excellent! We ordered tickets to the Hornets game and it was in walking distance. Also, it was in walking distance to local restaraunts.

When I exited parking garage scanner did not recognize my ticket and I had to pay $25 to exit and had to go to front desk to get a Credit.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.Room was very clean.

The security guard stop us and ask if we needed help, we wanting to know where breakfast was and he stated that they where for guest only very Offensive

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Everything was great and staff were very helpful with the exception of a few people that just sounded bothered when we called to ask a question from the room. Besides that it was great!

Getting into the valet parking and/or the parking garage is VERY tight. Parking in the garage is a bit confusing, and finding a “red” parking space was a challenge after dark. Also, we were unaware of the additional $18/day to self park. Towels in our room were clean, but smelled like bleach. There was also a stray hair in our shower that didn’t look like one that came from someone’s head.

Staff was very friendly and attentive. Facilities were very clean.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No one advises you to look at the book in your room which has a list of all of the extra fees that you can accumulate while staying. Yet they assume that you have read it and are completely unsympathetic to the returning of any fees like as if they are not a billion-dollar Corporation.

The sheets were super soft and the bed was very comfortable

The heating in our room was too warm. The thermostat was on 67, but the room was hot and the heat was running. I had to shut the thermostat off and by morning the room temp was down to 72. I should have told someone, but I forgot as I checked out.

The location to downtown.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

Everything was perfect!! It was kind of difficult to find a parking spot in the garage and having to pay for parking on top of room fees but thank you all for the discounted parking rates!!

This was my pre wedding girls weekend and we had a blast in Charlotte! The hotel staff is super friendly, the valet and bell hops made sure from the moment we stepped foot on the property that we knew we were welcomed, easy check-in, clean rooms and awesome views of uptown!I ordered breakfast in bed for the first time and we missed them when we stepped out, but the front desk called before bringing up my food to make sure I was back and even re-made my french toast so that it was fresh and hot!

However, the parking was a bit high for my taste especially due to the conditions of the hotel carpet seem a bit worn some paint jobs could be helpful. I just feel it should be more of a elegant feel throughout the hotel not just the lobby and bar etc. Hallways felt a bit outdated

I love the onsite bar, restaurant and location of the hotel. The room itself was nice!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The valet staff was excellent and that’s it. The room was filthy, bloody sheets, dust everywhere, the furniture was stained. The staff was rude, the lobby smelled horrible. The heat did not work and my family and I nearly froze to death and all the manager could do was comp my parking. Guest should never arrive to a room and find bodily fluids on the sheets. That’s beyond disgusting not to mention unsafe. I feel like my entire stay should have been free after that experience.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

All the added costs. Extra 36 dollars for parking, extra for breakfast, etc.

The room was comfortable. Breakfast was ok not great. For the cost of the room one would think a breakfast would be included not 13 dollars more per person.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hallway was incredibly noisy, walls were thin, and loud guests woke me up in the middle of the night. Room felt dingy.

Breakfast and coffee were good, but very pricey.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Somewhat dated room décor.

Location, restaurant/bar/convenience amenities on site, friendly staff, efficient check-in/check-out, courteous housekeeping staff.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

There was a wedding going on and the guests who stayed on our floor were very noisy late at night. The walls are probably too thin and we could hear everything, including the morning rush and the maids were cleaning other rooms.

Location was excellent. Room was clean. Beds were very good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Given the overall cost of the room plus paying for breakfasts on top of that @$15 each I wouldn't say it represents great value for money compared to many of the other places we have stayed in especially when also having to pay for parking which was a little pricey at $18

Spacious rooms, spotlessly clean, good facilities and in a great location too.

This was a very clean and organized facility. It is a the perfect location if you are wanting to be a part of the night life in uptown Charlotte. The room was a good size for the price that I paid.

• Executive Floor Double Room

The room service asked to come inside the room and it was a little awkward. All I got was a personal pizza so I would have preferred to just have it “dropped off”, it was really awkward and uncomfortable to have the person in the room waiting for me to sign and tip. I would have rather done that at the desk when I left.

The staff was very friendly.

• King Room with Tub - Hearing Accessible

Room floor looks old or worn. Bathroom lights could be a bit brighter. No shuttle van. It could of been so helpful especially since it was freezing outside. If I’m paying for parking why don’t they provide a shuttle to close sites.

Close to everything. Within walking distance to hornets and epicenter.

Parking was $18, kinda high

Room service was open late and was amazing! The kitchen staff was very sweet and easy to talk to, check in and check out was super simple.

We parked in the attached garage, it was a bit difficult for my parents to walk to the entrance. We would drop them at the door first.

The room was clean and set up with everything accessible. Guests have access to the YMCA gym attached to the building!! Nice surprise.

The valet lost my car. We waited for 1 1/2 hours for them to locate where it was parked. Once they found it, it had been left outside somewhere instead of in the parking garage with the rest of the valet parked cars. When we arrived, the room that I reserved was not the one we were put in. I went to tell staff and they quickly made the changes however being in a room next to the stair way made for a noisey night.

That is was easily ascessible to the downtown night life

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

In the hallways near my room on the 10th floor was wrinkled, it needs to be restreatched to flatten it out. I tripped on it. The bed wasn’t comfortable, it hurt my back. The sheets were stiff/rough feeling. The comforter could have been thicker/heavier.

Clean, staff was wonderful and convenient.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

I was not allowed to even check in the hotel while I parked the car in front of the hotel. Very unfriendly hotel. I don’t recommend this hotel for anyone. For the sake of earning money I was asked by valet parking guys to park in the paid parking area of the hotel, what a nasty biz practice.

I have no pleasant experience in this property

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

The parking was a little confusing but we received help from the staff

The room was amazing, the location was perfect and the staff was really helpful.

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

The valet attendants need to be a little more swift on bringing cars.

I loved the food it was excellent, fast, and delicious. I would definitely come here again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bellman was pushy, the staff did not go out of their way to make us feel welcome or to assist us as they saw us struggling with our luggage and small child... No one was rude, but it seemed like most people had little interest in helping us. Breakfast was insanely overpriced at almost $20 per person.

The rooms were clean and modern.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

the parking and valet staff was horrific by far just the worst and surprisingly for that amount of money you think they would have better

the hotel was really nice rooms were comfy and bathroom shower was amazing and clean

• Deluxe King Room with City View

I booked a king city view room. We ended up with 2full size beds. Hotel put us one executive level for the inconvenience.

Beautiful property! Clean, open spaces. Room was nice. Food good.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Nothing it was AWESOME ! Will defiantly stay here again.

The food was delicious hot and fresh ,the staff were very kind and helpful , the valet and the room service was excellent. The room was very cozy,clean and the bed did feel like we were sleeping on a cloud.

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

Only thing I did not like was that the room was pretty small but just enough for my husband and I.

Service was great! City views were amazing! Fast friendly and efficient staff.

• King Room with Tub - Hearing Accessible

The parking was an extra $18/night. Also the parking spaces are way too close together.

The property was very clean and the room was very spacious.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cost of everything was a little much.

Bedding was excellent. Pillows were the best I've had in a hotel as was the mattress. Close to restaurants and the stadium. Easy to get around downtown and walking to restaurants was a bonus

• Executive Floor King Room

I don't have any dislikes.

The location is convenient to many attractions and the hotel itself was clean and quiet. The breakfast was excellent with many options. The courtyard was a lovely place to sit and enjoy a drink and relax.

The hotel is good but in need of updating; leaving the elevator of my floor the smell of mold was the 1st intake; mold was also in the tub/shower; the tub is kiddie size and took 5-10 minutes to drain.

The location; access to varied activities downtown; room view; near museums and other cultural events. Every staff member that I encountered was very professional, personable and courteous.

• Deluxe Double Room with City View

I paid for breakfast with the room, which was booked with two-person occupancy, but I found out at the restaurant (not beforehand) that it was only breakfast for one. If I had known this, I would not have booked the one with breakfast included. The information should have been more clear.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no swimming pool and breakfast was not included.

The location was perfect. In the center of downtown and walking distance to Bank of America stadium.

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

No valet parking. We did not get service in Resturant after arrival They were not busy. Staff. Laughing and talking , guest leaving. Not the Hilton I am accustomed too

The parking deck was not included in the original fees, would be great if it was mentioned before.

Good bar and amenities in the hotel. Great location being in the downtown Charlotte area. Access to lots of other places in the city, in walking distance.

• King Room with Tub - Hearing Accessible

The rooms were borderline claustrophobic they were the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The room had an off smell to it and the shower door leaked water.

The location is good walking distance from everything downtown.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no good street parking for friends who came to visit me at my room and the valet was expensive for non- guests of the hotel

LOVE the location! Within walking distance to the Epicenter and the food and scenes of uptown Charlotte!

• Deluxe King Room with City View

When I used the elevator they didn't give good directions on waving my key in front of a keypad in the elevator to get to my floor. Kind of scary.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

There was a burning odor in the bathroom when running water for a shower.toilet didn't flush properly other than that they stay was really nice.

Bed and pillows we're really comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room with City View

Bathroom shower walls were dirty, could see hair from previous people. Room air conditioner did not cool well. I turned it down to 60 before leaving the room for a few hours and still had to sleep with no covers because was hot in the room. Staff didn't tell us about any amenities like pool or fitness room. They slide your receipt under the door in the middle of the night, instead of giving it to you at checkout. Was not informed in advance about parking fees and valet parking was full. Bed was not a king size like reserved. Wi-fi did not work. The bartender was not courteous or care about customers who were not at the bar. Had to wait while she talked with people instead of filing orders. She also didn't make a good drink.

The wait staff was great. I did like it was central to so many places.

• Deluxe Corner King Room with City View

They forgot to give me my breakfast vouchers and had to bring them up to me at the restaurant. And the valet guy set us up with a taxi that he said we could trust to come pick us up but didn't. That being said, everything else was marvelous and it's a beautiful property.

The beds were super comfy! Beautiful city view! Front desk excellent service arranging transportation.

Browse Hilton Charlotte Center City traveller photo gallery