Reviews of Indian Lakes Hotel 3 stars

250 West Schick Road, Bloomingdale, IL 60108, USA

#3 of 3 hotels in Bloomingdale

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I loved the bar (The Cave).

Things were very dated. The bed was very uncomfortable. It's a huge property but no restaurant. Parking lot lights were out making me feel very uneasy going out to my car.

I loved the bar (The Cave). The bartender was very nice and remembered our drinks from the night before. I would definitely come back for the bar.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I was for the first time disdapointed

I've been up here many times with my wife, kids, groups, companies etc: and I had no idea how much Indian Lakes had changed for the worse. A place this size MUST have a restaurant serving lunch and dinner. There was no life guard on duty Saturday afternoon, while many small children were in the pool. My wife and I have used this place as an important getaway spot many times, but more than likely that will unfortunately come to an end! The architecture of this building has always been its draw, but without a good restaurant, new carpet, new furniture in the first floor sitting area and a more secure pool area, I just don't see how you will survive long term.

Nothing in particuluar

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I’ve always like the structure of the rooms

Rooms not as clean, coffee machine broken, called front desk and they never replaced it. They completely ignored it.

I’ve always like the structure of the rooms

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Would stay again, staff excellent.

Jets in bath tub did not work. Water was turned off for hours on one day, which prevented us from having any way to shower or brush teeth before a long day at Chicago.

Upon arrival. I was told by front staff that someone else was booked into my room on accident. Due to this, I was upgraded to the penthouse suite, all for the price of a king room. This made my stay very enjoyable, staff was awesome.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Family Outing

There wasn't anything out of order from my knowledge

Peace and quiet guests services the coziness of the room the atmosphere there it was plenty of things to do in the area while staying

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

My trip was superb. Everything was as I expected it to be.

I had no complaints, the staff was excellent. I felt so welcomed when I entered the doors. I will definitely be coming back in the future and also letting my family and friends know of this location as well.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Room was very comfortable and clean

Hotel was very out dated. Needs lots of improvements/updating. Outdoor pool is not being used. Overgrown and looks bad.

Room was very comfortable and clean

I liked the bar, the room and the slide at the pool.

No microwave in room. One of the ice machine on the 4 floor wasn't working and our first room the a/c wasnt working.

I liked the bar, the room and the slide at the pool. Pretty much everything was nice and I enjoyed myself.

Very disappointed. What a difference new ownership makes.

The whole hotel is completely run down. The continental breakfast is meager and the pastries were terrible. The outdoor area including the pool is no longer accessible.

The beds are quite nice. The linens were a little old, but the quality of the mattress, pillows, linens, etc. were very good.

Not impressed
    • Queen Room

We booked 2 double bed rooms with 4 people in each and when we arrived the put us in 2 single rooms. Not very comfy after some arguing about how these sites screw up bookings all the time they have us 1 tiny rollaway bed for each room since the hotel was overbooked.

Could be a gorgeous hotel if it wasnt so obviously neglected

I hope it come back

They have changed since 4 years ago they used to have miniature golf and they used to have a nightclub they don't anymore and an outside pool.

Convenient to get to

We enjoyed it. We grabbed some breakfast out after 1st day. We will be back.

The breakfast was a joke. Kids liked the waffle pancakes. Cold cereal, milk, juice, coffee, stale donuts and apples. For a person that can't have gluten or carbs there was only coffee.

The atmosphere was beautiful! The kids loved the pool!! Staff was very nice. Price was good. Location was great. Short distance from good food and fun!

Waist of money

The hotel has a bad smell, kind of like mildo. The layout is weird and a little confusing. Loom way nicer online than in person. Breakfast was a thumbs down.

Room and location was ok.

The location of the facility was great and size of the...

Costumer service was not good. Towels were not delivered to room as requested and informed that they would be. No microwaves in room.

The location of the facility was great and size of the facility.

Disappointed in choosing this hotel

Our room was dirty when we walked in ( bed were unmade and dirty towels were everywhere). The next room we were put in had a insect problem in the room.

the effort that was made to accommodate their errors

Absolutely nothing
    • Queen Room

I was told by booking.com that my room was 221.76 a queen room with 2 beds. When I checked out this morning my bill was 246.15 because I had more than one person. Not sure what sense that makes because I already had 2 beds. Not happy with that. Staff were rude. If you don’t have to deal with them I wouldn’t waste your time as they are useless. AC was out we slept the first night and were miserable.. called the front desk and asked them to get a new room and they wanted to try to have someone fix it. They said they did as we left to do our activities and we came back to 75 degree room. Go back to try to get a new room and they werent happy but eventually moved us. They charged me extra for having 4 people for two beds but didn’t wanna give me a better deal for sleeping in a sauna the first night. Place looked awesome online in pictures but is an absolute dump with the worst employees I ever had to deal with. I’d recommend staying somewhere else. Total joke.

Absolutely nothing

Overall would not

Everything seemed old and dirty. The rooms were old the hallways were old. My carpet and bed sheets were dirty. It smelled. Didn’t have air in the room it was a loud big box blowing air. For the money we paid we could have stayed in a nicer newer hotel.

The staff were very nice

It was a beautiful place in its day.
    • Queen Room

Old, dated, dirty carpet in lobby, had ceiling fall and flood bathroom had to move, second room bathroom flooded, had to move again, the staff was very nice and discounted our stay. Booking says there was a bar/lounge it is closed for good. No restaurant, closed. I especially picked this for that reason that there was a bar/lounge a place to eat. I was not happy.

Location great, the lobby area with the water features and plants was beautiful. The cave bar was awesome, to bad it was closed. The continental breakfast was ok.

Enjoyed out stay, but would love to see some life back in this hotel

Feels a bit like a ghost town with all the all the amenities of the past being closed. No golf, no restaurants, bars or anything to do. Everything is closed. Such a shame at quite an interesting place for the Chicago area. Breakfast was also a bit of a disappointment. No protein; only breads, cereals and baked goods.

The room was clean and comfortable and the pool was fantastic!!

Poor, so sad we wasted our $$ on this.

The staff was rude and very unprofessional. Breakfast included a loaf bread, loaf plain bagels and donuts. All of which was stale. The juice still had the frozen blocks of the concentrate in it.

The atrium and decor were nice

With updrages would come more often
    • Queen Room

The cave was closed on sundays, lack of towels in the pool area, cold draft from broken window down from the pool and lack of vacant space we thought that the spa was still there, also where is the arcade? It’s sad that they would be selling the property, too bad it’s a nice hotel.

The design of the hotel and landscaping is wonderful. Hot tub, I wish I had that one at home.

Went downhill after new owners came in

Everything was closed due to new owners Breakfast was terrible nothing worked Other guest can’t read and used things that shouldn’t of people came dropped dogs off and left so all they did was bark

I loved the resort before because of the restaurants air felt fresh Refreshing

Dissappointing, cutt vacation short
    • Queen Room

No restaurant,breakfast minimalist, no supervision at pool, game room closed, mini golf closed, no games or cards,not much for kids except pool

Front desk was friendly.

It was a wet and slippery ride! We enjoyed the pool.
    • Queen Room

I didn’t like the fact the hotel smells like mold. Also it looked dark and creepy like a hunted house. The Bedding could be better. Also they told me they couldn’t find extra blankets. The morning hotel staff are extra nice.

I like the Pool Area.

The staff was very nice, pool is fun for kids.

Their is no restaurant on the property and although their are some local places that deliver food which are very expensive and don’t have good food. I found that to be very inconvenient. They don’t even have a gift shop where you can purchase a little snack or something to drink. If you are planning on staying just make sure you bring your own drinks and snacks.

The staff was very nice, pool is fun for kids.

Nice stay
    • Queen Room

The card reader never worked to get into our room. They tried 8 cards and none worked. They let us in the room initially and was very cozy. Since room cards were not working, they changed our room. The next room had a little different setup from original, but ok. Cards worked for 2 days. On last day one of the cards quit working. Lady at desk was not very helpful, but had a worker bring up a new card. The overall stay was ok. Kids enjoyed the pool area. Lot of places to go in surrounding areas.

Most of stay was rather quiet and content. Even with a lot of guests and children there.

Staff on the unprofessional side. Shady way to charge additional money.
    • Queen Room

Being charged 250 dollars on top of room stay for two days. When called to ask about charge told cigarettes left all over room which was an absolute lie! Called three times to talk to someone and told they were too busy to assist than told not important right now. Well an extra 250 dollar charge IS IMPORTANT TO ME WHEN THE CLAIM IS UNTRUE! Staff at this time are unprofessional! While checking out nothing was brought to my attention about an issue let alone additional money was being charged to my card. Family of four stayed here two nights.

Pool great for kids. Beds comfortable.

Pool with slide for my children

No restaurant in hotel had to leave to eat out stayed here for 2 nights also had broken stufff by pool light was out of pool and tile was broken by slide needs to be updated and fixed not enough towels by pool or in room

Pool with slide for my children

The Greatest Getaway Ever!!!!

The only problem I had was there was no microwave in the room. We had to go all the way downstairs to warm our food.

It was awesome. There's a bar, pool and fitness room inside the hotel. The staff was great and friendly. Anything you had a question about they had the answer. It's also a mall about 3minutes away. And they have movies, bowling, arcade and a lock room

Probably won't go back.

Lots of kids, signs posted about no one under 16 in the hot tub... lots of kids in and out of it. Kids running through the halls at night. Pop machines weren't working.

The king room was really nice.

Pool was nice and the bed was very comfy.

The restaurant was closed and the spa was closed permanently. Also there was no microwave or hair dryer in the room.

Pool was nice and the bed was very comfy.

I was disappointed across the board.

I was disappointed across the board. A week prior to my check in date i called the hotel to make a special request. I was told it will be taken into consideration. Okay. On the day of check in, i called early that morning and spoke with management to confirm if my special request will be accommodate. I was told yes everything will be taken care of as i requested. Upon arrival it was a completely different story. I was pissed because it was my son’s birthday and I was expecting all my rooms to be near one another. I ended up being in room 320, my mom in 350 and my mother in law in 354. As you can imagine we was very far from each other. Now about the rooms. Overall the rooms was fair. For me to have a suite, there wasn’t a microwave in the room. I noticed spider webs on the ceiling and the heater was so damn loud i could barely sleep. The next morning in my mom room there was lady bugs all around the window seal. The breakfast was below average. The only thing that was worth staying at this hotel was the pool area. That’s it that’s all! I don’t see my family and i revisiting this hotel ever.

My stay could have been better

I didnt like the fact that our first room stayed on 85 degrees. The air conditioning wouldn’t come on. Once I called to complain they did switch our room from a king room that I requested to a double bed room. Not romantic at all. Messed up the whole flow.

The scenery was awesome

Paid way too much for older dingy, rooms with non working tv or coffee makers, and one restaurant

Since Hilton took it over, only one restaurant open so had to order room service meals, work was being done and no entertainment or things to do. Very overpriced for the suite with tv not working nor coffee maker and had bugs in the additional parlor room that were on the windows. Hilton people said they were sorry but we should have known that they were in process of changing the property from a resort full service to just a Garden Inn type hotel. Not happy!!

Used to stay their before Hilton bought it; was a very lovely property with several restaurants, and things to do... so we wanted to stay there.

The room was fine.

The room was fine. The grounds were "tired" looking. There was not much staff around. At check in time, there was no place to sit and have a coffee/tea/cold drink. Everything appeared to be "in transition".

It was ok for an overnight close to home.
    • King Room - Allergy Free

They should have said they were doing construction even on the roof of the pool. We couldn't enjoy ourselves in the whirlpool due to the noise. Also the facilities need an upgrade, worn carpets and halls and not the cleanest. The pictures make it seem like it is much more modern than it is. Also we never found the outdoor pool.. not sure where that was.

The food at Shiraz was good.

This place sucks. Booking does not check places out!!! Beware
    • King Room - Allergy Free

we were not told it was becoming a Double Tree. None of the resort amentities were available. Brought golf clybs no course open. Weeds surrounding property. Hotel restaurant not open..Gated off. No tennis. No outdoor pool. False advertising of property. Hige disapointment with booking.com amd Hilton. Waste of money amd ruined our stay.

Nearness to me.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Dated hotel

The interior design was very dated. Everything seemed like it was taken straight out of the 70s. The rooms were dark to say the least.

The rooms were very spacious

THE CHOCOLATE CAKE WAS AMAZING!

THE ROOM SERVICE WAS EXTREMELY SLOW I KNOW THAT ITS A BUSY WKEND WHICH MEANS YOU SHOULD HAVE MORE STAFF ON SITE! THEN WE DIDNT DO THE JACUZZI FRIDAY NIGHT CUZ WE PLANNED ON DOING IT SATURDAY NIGHT BUT THEY WERE CLOSED FOR CLEANING WHICH I THINK IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD DO WHEN THE POOL AREA IS CLOSED! INSTEAD OF DURING BUSINESS HOURS WHEN THEYRE SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN SO THAT WAS A BUMMER...

THE CHOCOLATE CAKE WAS AMAZING!!

ok
    • Queen Room

The parking is damn near 2 miles from the front door, doesn't offer free breakfast, golf course and spa is down not sure if it is for good. Kind of a maze to find things in the hotel. For the price there should be free breakfast options.

It was a very quiet and unique type of resort. The design of the structure is very nice. The staff is pretty friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Had a golfcourse view and windows so dirty couldnt hardly...
    • Queen Room

Had a golfcourse view and windows so dirty couldnt hardly see out of them. No complimentary breakfast most all places at this price point it is included

I had dinner at the restaurant of the hotel.

this hotel is an old-fashioned structure. I did not like the style of the building, the stones in the hall, the fact that many rooms were overlooking the hall. Therefore you could not have any natural light in the morning.

I had dinner at the restaurant of the hotel. The quality was good. The position of the hotel was perfect for my business

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Value Option in Addison

Hotel seemed to be under various renovation projects - guest rooms nice but the facility is dated. Master's Club house is closed (maybe for the season or construction). Only one entrance into hotel (no matter where your room is). Drive into property from Schick Rd is one big "patch" - rough and worn out. Not inviting.

Guest room was comfortable with good wi-fi. I requested room overlooking golf course (rather than the parking lot.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

I slept well, but I left very disappointed.

The room smelled like onion when we first arrived I had to spray my perfume so it can smell better. The pool and the jacuzzi was filled with children and no adults. My boyfriends and I purpose of getting a room there was to go to the jacuzzi and to relax. Not once in the email did they mention the spa was closed. & we didn't even get a chance to get in the jacuzzi because kids were in the jacuzzi until 11 when they closed. I made a call to the front desk to let them know. Not sure if they took care of it, but I was very disappointed. Also the coffe maker didn't work, nor the refrigerator.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Everything was extraordinary with the exception, explained...

Certain entrees on the menu at Shiraz on the Water were not described properly. When it arrived it could not be eaten. The implication by staff was that we should have known by the mere title. When we arrived at the Front Desk, we asked about the location of Shiraz and were told pointing that it was just across the street. I had chosen the hotel because of the indoor options. So we put on our coats went outside to get to it and only later by chance when exploring, discovered there was an underground route. There was no need for us to go outside.

Everything was extraordinary with the exception, explained below. The breakfast buffet was phenominal! The accommodation as a result of the restaurant difficulty was greatly appreciated. Other food ordered at Shiraz was superb!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Not worth the money!

1)Booked King room, given Queen room with 2) Lady Bug nest. Room was changed to a King room, original reservation was not followed initially. 3) For 11:00 checkout on Saturday, called to front desk, was told Bellman was on break. 4) Cart was brought up by desk clerk, for me to move my own bags. 5) Wanted to check out after moving my bags, the clerk give me a bill for the room after telling her, I wanted to check out. Another clerk had to show her how to zero and pay the check with the card on file. This is the wrong place to stay.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Nice place

Looking old

Very comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Reception staff was rude.

Reception staff was rude. Carpets were stained and dirty. Bathroom shower curtain rod was broken.

Peaceful Rest

No microwave in the room.

The room was very spacious, it felt like home away from home.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great Escape

The breakfast is not what I expected.

The rooms are huge and comfy!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Avoid like the plague

Atmosphere,bar,location

AC does not work

Atmosphere,bar,location

Not what i was expecting.
    • Queen Room

It was nothing for the kids to do there.

Just the room

Nice and quiet.

Breakfast was the same everyday.

Nice and quiet.

Everything. My family enjoyed themselves

Cave was not open after a long day at work a cold drink...

Cave was not open after a long day at work a cold drink would have been wonderful.

Fair for the price

Facilities closed

Need repairs

Quick check-in.

Dark

Quick check-in. Extremely quiet.

I would not recommend it

Not clean

Horrible service and not clean at all

Everything But the west elevator should have been fixed

Comfortable stay!

Rooms a bit small.

The uniqueness and proximity to everything.

So much potential - Just need to maintain

Staff was Not Helpful Ice Machine Broken Inside / outside not maintyained Thermostat in room broken Slide on Pool closed

Big Pool

Customer service.

Customer service. Answer to needs.

Amazing!!!!!

Everything was perfect

Everything about my stay @ the hotel 😁😁😁

The pool area and clean room
    • Queen Room

Not accommodating with late checkout

The pool area and clean room

I would visit again during the summer season.

Closed restaurant and bar

• The room was nice • Great view • Very clean

It was wonderful!!! Will go back again!!!!

The staff is friendly!!!! They were willing to help!

Pretty quiet

No Jacuzzis in the room I was in

Pretty quiet

I will continue to come back!!!!
    • King Room - Allergy Free

nothing as of yet, I like it all

the room set up and the design of the hotel is awesome

Every thing was great
    • King Room- Disability Access

Every thing was great

No bed was not comfortable, too low.

No bed was not comfortable, too low. Air sucked so hot, hallways hot throughout the facility.