Reviews of Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront 3 stars

1550 North Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931-3268, USA

#8 of 26 hotels in Cocoa Beach

• Queen Room

Didn't need our security room key to enter the pool or the building. All was open to the public. The pool was constantly crowded with people off the street or beach. The building was a heavy flow of traffic to the hallway bathroom. Ridiculous anyone had access. We left a day early due to the public crowd always at the so called private pool etc

The view

The wait staff at the Tiki bar was not efficient. It took too long to get waited on if you got the right order. Bar staff was great.

The hotel staff was great. The room good. The beach access and bar. All of the rest was great. Kudos to bartenders Mike, Clint and Gretchen.

• Queen Room

The first two nights we were in a dark, noisy and claustrophobic

After complaining to three people via text, to no avail, Sydney stepped up and turned a potentially a nightmarish stay to a great getaway by moving us to an upgrade. She is an excellent manager who turn a 5 stay into a 10

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Don’t go on Memorial Day weekend if you want the benefit of having a beachfront hotel. The hotel opens their parking lot for public use during this weekend - (while still saving just enough th room for booked guests) - which is a huge inconvenience for the hotel guests. 1)Unless you valet you will have to park at the end of the lot. 2)You will be incredibly lucky to get a seat (much less a table) at their outside cabana bar/grill which is extremely overcrowded due to all of the extra people being there that are not guests. 3)There will be none of the hotel’s chairs/umbrellas available due to all of the extra people who are not guests. Now I understand that all the beaches have larger crowds on Holliday weekends but paying beachfront hotel prices and not being able to access any of the amenities is very disappointing. Especially since they are being used by people who are not staying at the hotel! This would be a great hotel any other time except a Holliday weekend.

One of the best breakfast buffets in a hotel. The staff were very courteous and friendly. Great view.

Location of the Starbucks is in the flow of traffic and not well thought out

Loved the location, tiki bar, beach access and the staff! Food was amazing.

• Queen Room

The hotel is a bit old and tired. It is a cross between business and holiday resort. The building is dark inside and misses natural lighting or better artificial lighting to brighten things up. We did a one night stay over to visit Kennedy space center and it was a good location for this purpose.

Great service and very nice friendly check in. They changed the room as the view was horrible in the first room, overlooking air conditioning and rooftop. Second room much better. The bar/pool area was relaxed and good service for dinner in the evening.

• Room with Ocean View

We didn’t like the cocoa beach area, it didn’t feel safe & we went out for dinner just up the road & saw lots of prostitutes & a pimp driving round the parking lot. Restaurants in town closed at 930 so overall we would visit cocoa beach again. When we checked out we also found that someone had charged their evening meal, coffees & gelato to our room, reception sorted it for us but that took some time. Overall the hotel was nice & pleasant bit a little expensive for what you get

Nice pool area & clean hotel, we stayed at Daytona the night before & much preferred that, Daytona was cheaper, had a nicer beach & felt like a safer area.

• Queen Room

Pool and bathroom were too small, outlets by bed didn't work

Down comforters, decor, restaurant, tiki bar, shop outside, gelato, Starbucks, valet, service, beach bar, beach was soft and clean, option to get surfing lessons, room service

• Queen Room

I paid for OCEAN FRONT my first night I got a room with no windows or view AT ALL, after that I got one where you could barely see the ocean but certainly NOT an ocean front

Maids were supernice, rooms were clean, coffee was there

• Queen Room

The property was very nice, clean, the staff was very accommodating as well. It was also very nice being right on the beach and having the tiki bar and gelato shop.

• Room with Ocean View

Was compesensated with coupons for drinks and lunch for the inconvenience. The third room had a nice ocean view.

Moved into three different rooms before I was placed in a satisfactory room - first two rooms were noisy like a jack hammer was being operated but they were next to employee lounge. I had to fix the running toilet in the second room. Had just moved into it and didn’t want to complain so soon or move again so late at night.

• Junior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Prices were outrageous for a drink, had to pay for parking each day! Air conditioning needed some work, one fridge froze everything. No microwave

Access to the beach was great, had a suite with view which was lovely

The breakfast was definitely overpriced for what is offered. Pool very very small - should be a kids pool only. No complimentary coffee/water station - which is usually offered at these nicer hotels. Rooms are very small for what we paid. I come to Cocoa Beach often, and there are many choices with better offerings.

I would possibly stay again, but only due to the friendly staff and location.

• Queen Room

Our whole experience was great !! Staff was friendly Beach was great. Food and music at the restaurant was great. The gym was great. Really great hotel :).

The 2.5 hr wait for a room at check in. Could have been a few more lounge chairs and umbrellas near the pool and bar.

The bed was comfy. The view of the ocean was fantastic.

• Queen Room

Didn't care for the $7 a day parking fee, should be free for guests, food/drinks a little overpriced.

Comfortable beds, clean rooms, excellent pool and beach access

We thought the cost of bottled pop and water was excessive. $3 a bottle is as much as we pay for an entire 12 pack at home. The convenience was there but it certainly stung the pocketbook.

We had an excellent view of the ocean from our room.

• Room with Ocean View

Heat that pool. It’s in the shadows for a good part of the day, it just didn’t warm enough.

Great beach access! We enjoyed drinks at the TIKI bar, coasters for the drinks would have been nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff friendly. In typical hotels the housekeeping crew is in the halls and obvious. The Hilton’s crew were quiet and discreet. There weren’t carts blocking halls or loud noises. The laundry facilities are only on the first floor with 1 washer and 2 dryers. One washer was out of order. This is a large hotel and people had to wait in line to use the laundry. Add more machines on varying floors.

Pillows not large or firm enough. Would have liked room seating to face ocean view. A quiet outside seating area without music would have been perfect. Room cleaning in the morning preferred.

Tiki bar was fabulous. Starbucks and ice cream bar on site excellent. Staff super.

• Queen Room

We purchased bottled water but when we went to use it, the fridge had been set for too cold and one bottle exploded. An attendant came to the room and cleaned up the fridge, but the promised replacement never arrived. The hotel and the beach are too divided. Maybe part of the Tiki area should be raised so that the water can be seen. The food in the restaurant is good, but a better view of the beach would be a benefit. .

The room was good despite a TV that needed several visits from a technician. The Tiki area was fine and we enjoyed the beach. Generally we enjoyed our stay.

The food at the tiki bar wasn’t good and for the price of our junior suite it was really odd that it’s right next to the elevators so we heard dinging at all times from them. Bad design idea.

The size of the room was great. The workout facility was fantastic. The staff was always extremely friendly and helpful.

• Room with Ocean View

Parking fee, bathroom was tiny, pool small, no balconies, could not open any windows, buffet breakfast expensive

Beds were super comfortable and rooms very clean.

Nothing absolutely perfect thank you..!

The staff were friendly and helpful, greeted you as you came in and quickly answered any questions you had, housekeeping was excellent, made up the room daily and added a special something to the room... towels arranged as bows... clothing fanned out (if left out into bed) and facility was clean, interactive really enjoyed our stay Thanks Trish :)

• Queen Room

There weren't enough lounge chairs by the pool for this big of a hotel. The pool was too small. There was NOT a microwave in the room! No complimentary coffee in the lounge or complimentary breakfast. They had an expensive restaurant and tiki bar.

The location and closeness to the beach.

• Room with Ocean View

The only thing I don’t like about this hotel is that the rooms don’t have balconies. I know this is something that can’t be changed but it’s frustrating to be so close to the beach but unable to enjoy it on a balcony. I admit that we travel to Cocoa Beach several times every month and since this Hilton doesn’t have a balcony I do search for other hotels with balconies before I consider this Hilton. Because I got an excellent deal I did choose to stay here this time and I’m really glad I did.

Everytime I stay at the Cocoa Beach Hilton I have a wonderful experience! I can’t say enough about how awesome the staff is, plus the location is incredible and even better their room service and food cannot be beat. It was a cold, yucky weekend so we stayed in our room and snuggled a lot. We ended up having room service for several meals. Every meal was absolutely delicious! For each meal the cook took the time to create a beautiful presentation and then when I tasted the food it was even better!!! Thank you Cocoa Beach Hilton-as usual you were awesome!!!!

• Queen Room

I thought I was getting a ocean front room and got a view of parking lot, I also was surprised after booking that I couldn’t cancel after I saw that I was being charged parking and internet, tried to call several times after booking no one ever answered my calls

Room was comfortable and quiet

• King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

The price was too high for the small room. There was no balcony for the oceanview. Could not open the windows to hear the ocean. The vent in the bathroom was so full of what looked like mold. There was no microwave. Food at the restaurants was subpar. They charge $40.00 to rent chairs To sit on the beach.

The oceanview

• Queen Room

THE NOISE! We got a room behind the elevators and it was VERY LOUD (Room 301). Also the A/C was very noisy, every time it turned on the whole room vibrated. The room was big but had a lot of empty space, because it was just behind the elevator. I think they could've used the space better. Not enough lights.

The bed was very soft. Friendly staff at the front desk and at the bars. Perfect location, near downtown Cocoa Beach and close to Kennedy Space Center. It was cold so we didn't enjoy the nice pool and the beach!

• King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

When i received my bill i realized they charged me $7.00 per day for self parking. I thought that it was free considering they gave me a parking pass without mentioning the fee. i understand paying for valet but i thought that was crappy on Hilton's part.

Very clean, great location, PLENTY of beach access, awesome breakfast buffet for $17.00

• Queen Room

There was a lot of noise from an air conditioning unit outside of our room. The hotel in general was a little tired looking and in need of an upgrade to keep in line with other Hilton's I have stayed in

• Queen Room

Room over restaurant and or near tiki bar so a little noisy. Would have appreciated more fire pits for small groups as it was really cold by Tiki bar.

Bed nice and liked small refrigerator in room. Holiday decorations minimal.

The only thing that I did not like was upon my arrival there were several buses like five or more that were blocking certain areas of parking lot making it difficult for cars to park. Also within five minutes of getting into our room the fire/emergency alarm went off instructing all guest to leave building . Our safety is top priority and I'm sure it was just a precaution so we just went out to eat and when we returned everything seemed fine. My daughter and I got a unexpected workout going down seven flights of stairs very quickly 😊

The bed was very comfortable! The view was great, room was clean and staff was very professional and helpful .

• Queen Room

BREAKFAST PRICES AND BEVERAGE PRICES...$3.50 A BOTTLE OF WATER IN MY ROOM...WHICH I ONLY USED 1 BUT CHARGED FOR 2? $7.00 FOR WATER? THE OCEAN WAS PRETTY FULL OF IT!!

I THINK THE FRONT DESK NEEDS HELP...AND THE BILLING? TOOK 5 PHONE CALLS TO GET A RECEIPT..AND WHAT THE HECK IS THE $25 EXTRA CHARGE = $100 MORE TO BE REFUNDED IN MAYBE 10 DAYS? THAT CRAP! OTHER THAN THAT I HAD FUN

Every single thing costed extra money, they charged us for parking during our stay, for use of a microwave, for breakfast, for beach chairs, and the bar and resturant costed more than any 5 star resturant an weren't very good. We also saw lots of hairs in the bathroom that did not belong to us.. not very happy

The hotel charged us from everything from parking during our stay, to extra for microwave and bottled water. Everything was extra charges even the beach chairs an umbrellas costed more money. Not to mention we found multiple "hairs" all over the bathroom that did not belong to us.

The property would benefit from installing an outdoor whirlpool/hot tub/spa. There is plenty of available outdoor deck space to accommodate such an improvement that would round out the amenities quite nicely.

Booking.com really screwed up all of my guests rooms when checking in. All the rooms were different than what was Chosen!! Very unhappy with that

The housekeeping was fantastic! Always on time and clean. The bell hops get hands down the best compliment from us!

No fresh air indoors, neither open windows nor balconyy Endless music on the deck (only open air space on property)

Clean , nice view, comfortable bed, lots of fresh towels, lovely staff, good access to ocean

• King Room with Ocean View - Non-Smoking

Oceanfront room had no balcony. Pool was small and no spa

Bed had nice linens and room had a small fridge to put drinks in. View was great from 5th floor. Rental of boogie boards was good price and kids loved.

Restaurant could have had more entree choices and selection. Breakfast should be complimentary

Bed was very comfortable. Facilities were brand new and well kept. Pool had a lot of amenities.

Our only complaint...bathroom was TINY!! My husband and I couldn't even be in bathroom at the same time, and we are both average size people! Also...there should be a magnified mirror in bathroom!

Hotel was beautiful especially tiki bar outside,and food was excellent

Lobby toilets dirty. Bathroom in room was small song only 2 tiny milks

Nice location, close to shops and restaurants. Beautiful beach. Room felt safe even when we had a storm warning.

Bathroom is very small. Hotel needs renovation big time! It’s stuck in the 90ths. Breakfast buffet missed out on cheese and healthy food. Most of the food is processed, salt and fat. Hilton pretends to be 5 star hotel. In Europe they would get a small 3 Star. Beach was dirty. Room and especially the bathroom were not clean. Carpet on the Floor is filthy.

Large room with perfect sized bed with enough different pillows to choose the right one.

The staff in the outside bar seemed more interested in talking amongst themselves about their shifts and one was openly chewing gum and pretty uninterested in us. No one was particularly friendly

The property is on the beach and has a nice outside bar adjacent to the hotel.

• Queen Room

The hotel staff gave us a room that one wall connected to an elevator .The constants noise of elevator goes up and down make us impossible to sleep. I complained to them about the problems and they swap us to a difference room. My point is, they shouldn't make any room that close to any elevator. Our main reason to book a hotel was for a good night sleep!!!

When I turned on the air it smelled like old food. My tv didn't work. I call the front desk and some showed up to fix it. 10 min it went off and wouldn't turn on. And the remote didn't work so even when it was on I couldn't change the chanel

I liked the comfort of the beds.

Pool was small

The hotel was right on the beach and their surfboard rentals and umbrellas and chairs were easy to access and staff friendly and helpful

I booked aroom with 2 queen beds and got a double room as was travelling with my teenage son. Nothing else available apparently. Expensuve for what it is

Location fir beach was very good. Bit of a walk into the centre for amenities. Pool bar was good

Nothing really

Grest outside bar/restaurant area with great service. Food was great - not fast food style, it was gourmet style. Quick access to beach with showers to rinse off upon return.

I was not happy with my room location, I thought I was paying for an ocean front room need to be a little more clear on the information.

The food was fantastic ,omelets and crab cakes delicious.

Well, just a observation but I don't think the cleaning staff was very well organized.But for all the chiefs the hotel had they should have been better.Now mind you they were very personable and in that they were excellent. Also the pool was nice but it could have been cleaner,we observed hair cloging the vents.That shouldn't have been again with all the people running around this could have been observed,but it's like they don't know what to look for themselves,they have to be told.

Overall it was a good stay,not as nice as I expected because it was a Hilton. But I was swayed bye the name.

I booked a 2 queen room, the hotel put me in a king room. When I told them that would not work because there was 3 of us, they put us in a handicap room. The room was nice, but no view of the ocean.

Staff was attentive and plenty of them to meet the needs of guests.

• Room with Ocean View

The door lock malfunctioned the second night. It took replacement of the electronic door openers three times before the locks started working. However, your dedicated staff was able to resolve this issue.

Great eggs and comfortable beds. Your staffs were dedicated and exceptional. Your property was immaculate and inviting.

Rooms were showing signs of age. In the corners of the bathroom showed some aging and needed painting and cleaning.

Staff was excellent and helpful. Location for beach access was excellent.

The descriptions on Booking.com for the views of the room were incorrect so we did not receive the room we were really looking for so we had to settle for less

No balcony! It was really difficult to find places to hang wet swim suits since the rooms do not have balconies. Bathroom was small with only one sink which is not good when traveling with multiple guests. Pool and fitness center were small. No spa with pool and very little equipment in fitness center

outside deck and bar were really lovely. Cushioned seats around fire pits on the deck were a plus at night. Huge beach area with chair and umbrella rentals were also really convenient. Finally, the pina colada at the Tiki Bar on the deck was the best I've ever had! Delicious!

Overcharged on arrival, room to be $740 for 4 nights, billed $893 for staying 3 nights, given wrong room, had to carry luggage back to get room corrected. Asked numerous times for manager always told they were not there. Checked out early print out receipt stated charges $675 but $893 drafted. Took 3 days after leaving to get a manager involved and inappropriate refund for the one night we didn't stay. Terrible customer service and staff dodging getting manager or providing appropriate receipt with charges that match what was charged to my credit card. Wifi not included, parking additional charge. Expected much better from a Hilton!

Had a maintenance man come bang on our door at 1:15AM when we opened it he told us to get dressed and come to the front desk. It was our second warning on a noise complaint. We asked when our first one was lodged he said the 2nd shift staff said they warned us at 10:45. We were not even there at that time we have photos time stamped at the tiki bar on site. He said it did not matter that we weren't even actually there or not a complaint was lodged.

The beach staff were very helpful and curtious

The air conditioning in our room was making an awful vibrating noise, so we got maintenance out in the night as not able to sleep, but he wasn't able to sort it, he did offer to move us rooms but we were only there for 1 night, we just decided to stay. But reception were very kind at checkout. Despite this experience I would go there again. We were just unlucky

Loved the Tiki bar and easy access to the beach

The view from the room Was horrible . It was booked as ocean view , our total View was the roof with AC vents and equipment and some sky .

The beach was nice , but crowded with cabanas , which I'm sure you had to rent to use .

The parking sucked.

I loved the hotel being so close to the beach. I loved the outside bar and patio area. The beach and pool had 24 access. Comfortable beds and cleanliness were a plus.

The food selection inside

The food in the restaurant Salt Life wasn't that good ate breakfast there had the buffet and the eggs were cold and the bacon was cold, went up and got an omelet and that had no flavor.

Didn't get the ocean view room I paid for and then the staff said they wouldn't do anything about it because the ocean view rooms were fully booked. Room was a partial ocean view -again not what I pd for - and the windows were so dirty it looked overcast every day. This was my third stay-maybe my last.

Clean pool Very comfortable beds Great food at their tiki bar

Well for starters I booked a double queen room, I assumed it was Oceanfront since that is the name of the hotel Hilton Oceanfront. They gave me a king room with a sleeper couch. My 13 yr old did not enjoy the couch nor the nice view of the parking lot. Which btw there is a daily parking fee to park in and they started doing construction as soon as we got there so the front entrance closed down. They do not have balconies or microwaves. Who doesn't have microwaves in this day and time. It was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in with the tiniest bathroom ever. But overall the stay was good for the price and location.

The staff was friendly.

Staff were very indifferent. Slipped backwards since my last visit. Cost of sunbeds on beach outrageous. Room service menu very limited. Having to pay an additional fee to park car seemed unnecessary. I was rather annoyed that the cost worked out to be far greater than stated when I made the booking. All in all rather disappointed.

Location good. Room ok

I paid extra for an Ocean Front view room which in the picture displayed a central panoramic view of the ocean. When I entered my room I was on the side of the hotel with a side on ocean view but also overlooking the bins and outdoor store room which I wasn't too happy with. When I asked to be moved I was told that this was the best option with regards to a Ocean view.

Location and cleanliness of the hotel was very good.

I didn't like that we had to pay for umbrellas and chairs, it should have been complimentary like other hotels and i didn't like that we didn't have food service in the actual beach or pool

The room was nice and comfy

The building felt too corporate for the beach, but the location more than made up for it. Pool was uninspired, with no lifeguard. If there had been an accident involving children, it was unclear how the hotel could have responded effectively.

Very comfortable bed. Great little outdoor restaurant and beach services.

A few staff members were very rude. Didn't appreciate being overcharged for my room and the charges not mentioned, such as two taxes and parking. Food and drinks at hotel are rediculously overpriced.

The room was clean and comfortable; good location.

I originally booked our room on line, confirmed 2 queen size beds for a price...even had a confirmation number; however when I checked in, that room was not available. Therefore, I was quoted 2 queen beds for the same price by desk staff, but when I checked out... charge was considerably more money!!! Ouch!!!

Very clean, fun and relaxing! Had a sisters weekend with my 2 sisters! Enjoyed the laughter, walking to the beach, cocktails by the ocean! We had dinner in the restaurant...outstanding!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

We were given a king size room even though we booked a room with two queen beds we didn't realise this until we got to the room then had to return to reception and wait in the queue again and then move our luggage again to room 142 which was on the ground floor very dark one small window where people outside stood smoking. We had our two grandchildren with us. We had two other rooms booked for family members and these were on the 7th floor so it was not very convenient but they had nice rooms with beach views. My daughter got married on the beach and it was perfect.

Proximity to the beach

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

For a Hilton I expected a lot better the property was mediocre at best very small pool, food over priced, drinks over priced, room was never cleaned, bathtub didnt drain properly. Save ur money and stay at motel 6

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Disappointed in view as advertisement led uscto believe full ocean view. No outside balcony... could not HEAR the ocean, which was what we were looking forward to. 😢

Had a big parking lot but charged for parking. Also room was nice but no microwave.Could of rented one. Beach chairs should be free for staying guests.

I have booked a room with 2 beds as we were 3, me and my kids, the hotel gave me a room with a bed and a sofa bed. When i complained they said that is what happens when you book 3rd party, very disappointing

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Restaurant dark and room weird with most of the window covered

Efficient clean with a good choice of restaurants. The location was very good being straight onto the beach.

Browse Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront traveller photo gallery