Reviews of Hilton Columbia Center 3 stars

924 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29201, USA

#5 of 80 hotels in Columbia

We stayed here for graduation with family from all over. A spacious lobby to meet in downstairs. I left my hanging clothes in the closet. They had them at front desk waiting on me when I got there. Hotel is lovely.

The shower in 523 is detached from the wall, the lamp didn’t work in bedroom, I had my children with me which I put in the reservation and there wasn’t any sheets or bedding for the couch bed..

A series of events with lots of party people (weddings etc), but that is to be expected in such a location.

Standard Hilton with all you would expect from this. Typical chain hotel with no character. A well organized sleeping box.

The housekeeping staff was extremely backed up in getting the rooms together. Check -in was too late. It was at 3 p.m. and we still had to wait for our room to be ready. It was frustrating as our event was to start at 7:30. I will be honest, the staff was really nice about handling the situation.

The hotel is very nice, and the location was perfect for our event. Really nice.

There were guest staying in the room bedside of us in an argument. Yelling which was very disturbing. Ruth Chris’ restaurant was not up to it’s usual standard. Very disappointed in the food and service on the night of 05/06/18.

Location is great. Usually stay at this hotel 3 times a year.

When it rains, their business office computers run very slow. It took us 30 min to check into our flight for the next day. Not cool. Use dish and this is what you get. Bathrooms need a major renovation. Room 811 has rust in its bathrooms floor / corners by tub and the wall plates are from the 70's. A renovation on your bathrooms is needed. I will say water pressure was good. On top floor where we were, constant hum / noise because of a/c units on roof. And the room did not cool down as expected ie it rained Sunday and Sunday night was very humid in our room. Last, the property did not charge us the correct amount on our bill and told us (front desk) the reason for the discrepancy was because third party vendors like Booking.com's system does not communitcate with their computer system to ensure the right rates are charged. I don't get this at all. Our total bill quoted was for $499.94. I was charged $660 and have had to go back to Booking.com to get the difference back.

The location is outstanding. Overall the property is a typical Hilton . Clean and comfortable.

When we arrived our had been entered. There were dirty wash clothes and a tips in bathroom, the bed was made but it was obvious someone had been on it. A couple of coffee was sitting on tv stand. The toilet had toilet paper in it. We were immediately moved to another room and the staff came personally and moved us. She told us the next morning to go to the restaurant Ruth Chris and have breakfast on them for our inconvenience, she said all we would have to do is give our last name. The next morning we went down told them exactly what we were doing. At the end of the meal the server brought our check, I explained we were to be comp the meal due to a problem with our room. She asked did we have vouchers, I said no she asked other questions I again explained the situation calming , she then said well if so you will have to pay for the mimosa. I said that was fine, everyone in restaurant was looking at us. She came back saying since we did not have vouchers they were putting on room. We paid $20 plus tip just not to be embarrassed more. My husband then went to hotel desk, the clerk could not help and said there was not a manager. She was going to call a manager. By the time we left she said she would give us a $25 credit. Today I checked my account and when I checked in the charge was 144 with all fees. Today I have a charge of $197. No one has called us. So we come into a room where apparently someone has sex, moved to a new room, said to please go to a complimentary breakfast to we paid for the room plus breakfast and have not received a callback from the manager. And was totally embarrassed at breakfast!

Great location, the second room we were moved to was clean and great. Some staff was awesome some not

The vent was very powerful in the room - blows too strongly directly at the beds.

Very comfortable bed and good room size. Nice bathroom. Beautiful lobby.

Wish they served breakfast and wish the restaurant/in room dining was open later

The beds were amazing! I want to know what kind they were so I can go buy my own!

• King Room Mobility/Hearing With Tub

Everything was great. Im not a fan of the credit card processing fee but i guess thats you guys policy so i just have to deal with it!

Bed was nice. Room was clean and very nice. Staff was nice and professional.

Prefer the duvet to actually have a cover on it and not just a flat sheet. Pillows could improve. A/C in our room was a little noisy.

Loved the bed, super comfy. Loved the brand of toiletries! Appreciated the coffee station in the lobby. A good place to hide from the Hurricane..

Check out time @11 is ok but when your housekeeper knocks on the door @8:30 is disturbing:(.. the explanation from her was "I thought you had checked out".."Sorry"🤔! Not to mention the slamming of doors all morning long just to get you up! We decided to pick another hotel to stay another night!

The Ruth Chris on site:)

• King Room Mobility/Hearing With Tub

For the price, you'd think they would throw in the free parking. I thought the bar and restaurant was a little small and too dark for my taste.

Exactly what you would expect from Hilton. Beautiful facility. Fantastic, friendly service. Immaculately clean.

I didn't like that they didn't accommodate adjoining rooms for my elderly mother also we ordered over 100.00 worth of room service and the food sucked.

The valet guys were the best thing about the hotel

The air conditioner didn't work as well as we'd hope. I had it set to 68 but woke up sweating in the middle of the night. I then had to turn it off and back on again for it to turn on.

Nice updated bathroom. Front desk supplied my fiance with a razor and shaving cream because he forgot to pack his own.

There was no drop box for the keycard, or was poorly marked, to get out of the parking lot on check out day that the front desk said would be there. So, I'm afraid they are going to charge me for the keycard. If they do I think it's pretty ridiculous since it cost me $12 to park for one night. We shall see....however that's not a deal breaker just a nit pick cause I couldn't find anything to complain about haha

Well placed in the heart of a great City!..Parking was a breeze in the parking center connected to the hotel! Quality is what you expect from Hilton! This property is NO exception! I have stayed in Hilton hotels previously and this one is great!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Getting out of the parking deck on the day of checkout was a real pain!! The card reader did not read the cards of anyone traveling in our party (5 rooms total)!! It created stress and cost us time! I had to sit at the exit gate for Pendleton St. and call the hotel's front desk. I was told that I needed to back up and go to the other exit but how was I supposed to have known that? I was fortunate that I was even able to back up without creating an inconvenience for other guests. I saw other cars that were not in our party that were apparently doing the same thing. When I got to the other exit, I still had to call the emergency phone in order to figure out how to get out. Exiting the parking deck on the day of check-out should be easy and stress-free.

The bed was extremely plush and comfortable and the bedding was upscale!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

ordered in room breakfast. order was incomplete and coffee cups were very dirty. Had to wait a long time for them to complete order and get clean cups. Found a cup on the floor near the drapes that the cleaning crew apparently missed.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Tub

No extra roll of toilet paper in washroom almost ran out!

Could not get dinner table so we did room service and it was perfect ! Congrats to room service

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Can't really think of anything that could have been improved upon, other than parking cost.....$12 per night

The accommodations were impeccable. Super clean, comfortable, and the staff was very professional and pleasant. Additionally, the restaurants surrounding the hotel were equally as nice...all working very close walking distance. Highly recommend this hotel and the Liberty Tap Room and Grill that is located near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The charge for parking was an annoyance given that, in my experiencr, hotels usually include this.

Excellent eggs benedict and wonderfully warm breakfast service. Great location and value.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Tub

About 10 days after my visit they debited my Amex for an extra $50, still not sure what that was about, but as I am now in Australia it is a bit hard to follow up

Good location, walking distance to many restaurants in downtown Columbia. Valet parking at the hotel makes life easy as you are in the centre of Columbia. A comfortable hotel. We arrived a tad early but they called as soon as the room was ready.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

housekeeping -the first day, they didn't do my cleaning. -they knocked the door EVERY morning 9AM! I didn't put do-not-disturb sign on , but still, who wakes up 9 am in the saturday morning !??!? the bed sheet feels moist and old. not comfortable :(

-location -front desk -facilities

I didn't get the room that I thought I was getting. I booked the hotel through booking.com so I don't know whose fault it is. And they charge your for parking!!! And also no breakfast!

I like the location

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The fact that I booked a King room & it wasn't ready when we arrived at 4:10. I had to settle for a Queen because we needed to be at a Wedding at 5:30.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Comparatively to the surrounding area, the price per night for less than a 24 stay is a bit steep. This is a Hilton located essentially on a college campus, not very family friendly for those on a tight budget. There was nothing provided or that impressive to warrant such pricing.

Very professional personnel.

Complimentary breakfast like Holiday Inn would have been nice. Especially for the price.

Hotel was clean, staff was friendly, complimentary coffee was delicious. Close to concert venue.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The service at the restaurant was poor at breakfast. For a $17 serve yourself buffet one shouldn't have to chase down a waitress to refill a coffee or water.

Great place. Have stayed there before and will again.

No free breakfast

Better than I thought. Amazing.

Pool

Pool was scummy

My room did not have a view

Location made the ease of seeing the sights and enjoying the city

No complaints.

Comfortable Bed.

Bathroom had mold on the shower curtain and the grout on the shower.

The bed was very comfortable

Room wasn't properly cleaned in between guests

The parking, the wait time for checking in, room was not clean, difficult to find my reservation.

The restaurants were in close proximity.

Paying for parking

Convenience

Breakfast not up to normal Hilton standards - poor selection

Nothing really everyone was great

Everything thing seemed to be in walking distance

i did think $200.00 a night was alittle much ! and i was charged for valet parking on my card after paying cash to the workers.

Likes everything

The staff were excellent and the room was very nice and super quiet.

WiFi was difficult to work with...

It far way to USC camps

People will help you as they are friend to you

The facility was cold.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and certainly economical.

I did not like the parking fee

The location was great

Very clean and nice

Nice facility, exactly where I wanted to be. Very helpful and professional staff

The location to the capital and restaurants was excellent.

The price for parking! I ended up paying $50 more than the price on booking.com once fees and parking were added.

The bed was amazing

price fluctuations

comfortable bed

Front desk in and out were extremely friendly and courteous.

The location was excellent for the activities of my stay.

Everything was just perfect.

Everything about this hotel is outstanding. Loved it!

great location, nice hotel

24 hour complimentary coffee

• King Room Mobility/Hearing With Tub

The coffee in the lobby was pretty terrible.

Very clean and comfortable room. Very spacious, too. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very attentive and courteous.

The price of Self Parking

It was a very comfortable room. I enjoyed my stay.

I was in room 444 and it smelled like mold, perhaps the carpet had gotten wet previously?

Staff very friendly and good location.

No towels at pool

Room size

Pool was a little dirty

Location. Near USC

Paying for parking

Excellent hotel beautiful and clean.

Location convenience

Room was too humid and not cool. Comforter always gets too hot.

Having to pay for parking

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Bed comfort.!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Tub

They metioned nothing about paying extra for parking... ugh. Also, they would not let me count my Hilton honors.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Our toilet was broke. Noone was available to fix. Would like some comp more than $50.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

BED WAS EXTRA COMFY

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

kinda pricey

Very clean, great staff.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

The slow service at Ruth's Chris

I think the hotel is out dated. Needs new fresh decor. Lovely pool but too many caution signs!!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Bed was to soft!

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

the bed was very comfortly

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

My room had a broken toilet seat. The lobby bathrooms were in desperate need of cleaning.

Eric at the front desk was the definition of hospitality.