Reviews of Hilton Columbus at Easton 4 stars

3900 Chagrin Drive, Gahanna, OH 43219, USA

#8 of 12 hotels in Gahanna

Not impressed with my experience

I did not notice until I was ready to shower that I didn't have any bath towels in the room, I had hand towels only, which made it difficult when I showered. Also, the iron and ironing board needs replaced, they were old and did not work properly. I have stayed at this specific hotel several times before and feel the overall customer experience and the quality of the visit was not good, in comparison to the price of the room. I may reconsider my location to stay elsewhere for the future.

Bed was very comfortable

Executive lounge.

No restaurant and bar was full for appetizers. We had older person with us who couldn’t sit on stools.

Executive lounge. Had food and drinks if you get a suite. Recommend doing that.

Amazing!!

The front desk was a little off, the person that checked us in over authorized our cards, making money a little bit of a worry, and at check out I had to point out that the rate for the 3rd night was wrong, and we signed up for Honors at check out- not only did we not get the phone call with our member number, but now I have to "fight" to have our number applied to our stay. Definitely frustrating!! And when I return, I might worry about simple things like that.

GORGEOUS!!!! Staff was attentive, and acknowledged us every time we came through!

Personal, business or fun , this is a hotel with its own little city of shops and restaurants.

not so much parking had to go around several times, maybe was just busy time there.

Easton shopping are is across the street shops, restaurants, movie theatre all at your finger tips. Convenience store with fast gourmet food a plus if you are on the run.

Excellent comfort in the room (Beds, armchairs), relaxing...

Restaurant staff could have been a bit more efficient, took over 20 minutes to have salads brought out for lunch and when they did, 2 of them were wrong

Excellent comfort in the room (Beds, armchairs), relaxing atmosphere, shower is a great size

A nice hotel with one extremely rude staff member Jack Foy.

One staff member(jack foy) came to our room for a noise complaint. He did not address himself, and his demeanor was so unprofessional and threating we closed the door, thinking he possibly was not hotel staff. Immediately we called downstairs to talk to a manager. He intercepted the call, and told us if we didn't bring our party downstairs we would be talking to the cops. He hung up on us. Within 10 minutes he came to our door with cops to evict us. After saying this is not how a hotel works before talking to a manager. He also had to dark skinned bell Hops (my guess only) with him. I again said, I would like to talk to a manager. He nodded to the bell hops and they only said. We cannot help you. The cops were extremely nice and said they were just following orders and if we didn't leave we would be criminally trespassing. Before I left I again asked to talk to the manager (who the desk clerk was Phil Harper) I was never able to talk to Phil Harper. The next day I reported the incident to the day Hilton Manager who said they have few black managers ( so they were bell hops) who Jack Foy brought with him. She also said the anager on duty that night was Angelay Taylor. Not phil harper, so she would investigage. After the investigation she sided with hotel staff, saying they ensure a quiete room for everyone. We would not be refunded. What about ensuring every guest the opportunity to talk with a manager. And a eviction with one warning. This hotel is not worth the money. When we checked in the staff was extremely professional and nice. But this one worker Jack Foy ruined it for me and many others. No staff member should make their guest feel threatened and scared. and deny communication with a higher up. Very scary also he portrayed bell hops as managers.

room clean, beautiful hotel

We were treated very unfairly.

Security was rude and arrogant. We didn't feel welcomed, so we did not stay overnight. We asked to get our money back, but were refused. They were rude about all of it. We will not be back.

Very nice and fancy hotel.

The staff was super as was the location.

This is petty but I needed a pen and there was none in the room. Also the parking was poor. Had to walk half a mile to my room. Didn’t want to pay an additional $20 for parking.

The staff was super as was the location.

The hotel was exceptionally clean and smelled clean.
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

I do not believe that the drinks were made properly. I believe that the bartenders need a little more training. They seem to be running over top of each other none knowing what the other was doing. The bar had a very nice atmosphere but the next time that I stay I will be bringing my own alcohol for sure.

The hotel was exceptionally clean and smelled clean. It was beautiful, it was a nice quiet atmosphere.

Rob H

The walls were too thin!! Can here everything in the rooms next to you. I love kids, but when you go to get away with your spouse, you don't want to be woke up at 6am from kid's scrimming.

Very nice, and walking distance to all activities. The rooms were clean and the shower was nice size.

Overall minus the internet this facility was Amazing. We were able to get a lot of beautiful pics

Their were problems with the WiFi I came for my daughters wedding. I had down time so that I could get some school work done, but the connection was very poor.

Nice facility, though I can't say I love the new decor. Feels bland and cold. Expensive stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Accessible

No tub in bathroom...only shower. Hard to keep hairdo in place with only that option.

Great breakfast and helpful staff. Comfortable room, but no place for a roll-out bed for teenager.

Can you live at the Hilton?
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

I can't think of anything that I didn't like.

Great facility that was close to our location. They really spoil you so much that I didn't want to go home.

Unpleasant

Exorbitant rates for small room and absolutely no parking when we returned from football game it's sad property can't get people a spot when you are tired returning to hotel at 1:30 am

Hotel entrance and location to shopping is cool but we came for a game at OSU so didn't go to Easton shopping

Our stay was nice excluding the customer service.
    • Junior King Suite

The room did not have a microwave. The front desk representatives were extremely rude and not approachable. The person who checked us in explained everything way too fast and just generally gave off the vibe that she did not want to help .

We liked the arrangement of the room and the cleanliness .

Great location, beautiful hotel with friendly staff!

My room needed a good cleaning. Very dusty! Pictures and shelves in bathroom were very dirty. Glass covering the desk needs to be removed and cleaned. Other, than that, it was a very nice property.

Beautiful property!

Nice, clean, and comfortable.

The staff was rude. One of our rooms wasn't ready at check in and that was a huge inconvience for us. Check in was at 4 and we had dinner reservations at 5:30. Most of us had been shopping all day and needed showers so it wasn't okay. The staff want apologetic that the room wasn't ready. I also want allowed to pay for both rooms at check in since the one wasn't ready. Again, that was a big problem!! The gentleman who was working the desk was mocking the person he was talking to on the phone. We were displeased by the way we were treated.

Nice, clean, and comfortable.

Great hotel but bring your own coffee maker !

NO coffee pot on room !! so irritating for the price of rooms . Also, internet not included very inconvenient on business..

The hotel is beautiful and great location , very comfortable bed and room

Great decor--Not luxurious
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible

No robes, no movies on demand, no front desk number so I would have to call room service and be transferred and they did not speak English very well. Was not a very luxurious stay.

watch out for nickle and diming.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Lighting, television, price of water and food. Four dollars for a bottle of water? Come on now! Price of my room was more than i was quoted.

The shower was heavenly.

I had stayed at Hilton Easton in years past. The new remodel is not a warm fuzzy feeling.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Accessible

We weren't offered extra linens with three people in room. The toilet ran off and on all night. Room 364

Bed was soft. We had three people in room.

Newly Remodeled and Convenient
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

would have liked breakfast options included. It's a challenge to have to sit down and order breakfast or go out to eat in the morning. Grabbing a quick bagel and coffee would have been so much more convenient.

So convenient to Easton Town Canter. Courteous and professional staff.

A nice leisure evening with the comforts of home
    • Queen Room with walk-in shower

Our air conditioning could of been cooler,pricing for room was a little high

Liked the comfy bed,TV was a nice size (I think a 50"),walk in shower

Comfy bed!
    • Queen Room with walk-in shower

Pricing difficulties in matching my booking rate at check in. Hotel hallways have a strange perfume smell-like some sort of cover up deodorizer.

Comfy bed!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Mixed emotions

The hotels was in the middle of renovations which isn't terrible, but inconvenient. However to top things off thought I was getting a deal through the website only to find I was being charged atleast 50$ More for a room that I could have booked the day before for much less. So that on top of all the construction I could say I wouldn't book this place again, and probably not with this website.

Easy access to lots of restaurants and business, easy access to expressway

SURPRISE!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

The property was under construction. A lot of dust and areas were blocked off. There was a breakfast buffet, but nothing posted saying whether it was included. Was surprised when someone showed up with a $15 bill!

It's ok. Acceptable. Not a first choice.
    • King Room with City View

1. the walls are paper thin. 2. loud noise, next door and a baby down the hall. 3. remote didn't work properly 4. trouble with Wi-Fi 5. Did not think that the room was worth the price.

The room was comfortable. Staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Easton Hotel
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Knew it was under renovation but it was more of an inconvenience in terms of missing services/facilities than expected Front desk young lady was eating/chewing while she was talking with me ; rude

Great Location, room decor, bathroom size, overall property layout

Love the staff.

Liked the warmth of the decor and the overall "look" prior to renovation. The downstairs looks to "sterile" now......total lack of color and warmth. The aim, I believe, was "sophistication".....but it looks too uniform, blah and sterile to me.

Love the staff...Love the accommodations. Always a pleasure staying there even during the renovations.

Well appointed hotel in great location but could use eye for detail.
    • Queen Room with walk-in shower

Parking is not dedicated for hotel guests so it can be hard to find parking during evening hours. There was a big wall where construction was taking place right next to reception desk. Would have been easy and much more pleasant to cover this in some way with curtain or barrier.

Very convenient location right in the heart of Easton. Despite several large events in the hotel, room was quiet, so well insulated. Staff were nice.

1) carpets on the corridors make it so hard to move the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Accessible

1) carpets on the corridors make it so hard to move the luggages. I have been to many hotels in many places, but never have i experienced this much of a torture while moving the luggages from lift to rooms on all floors except the entrance floor. 2) gym was closed when i stayed there on November 2016. It was still closed during Feb 2017. 4 months is too long to close such a facility.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Disappointed

Beds were hard...no lighting to put make up on. Doors slamming at night can you make doors that don't slam shut? View horrible. Seemed like we had to walk forever to get to our room....... after you got off elevator. Breakfast next morning all the food was cold. We even told the waitress. Very disappointed in this Hilton! Don't think I will stay again . Seems like you spent more money on the building and the decor then taking care of who is staying there.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Great location but renovating made it annoying.

They were remodeling and this was not posted when I booked. Therefore, only about 1/3 of the building was open. The pool was closed and lobby. While I totally understand, it was annoying to not be told certain amenities were not available because of construction. We would have booked another hotel because the pool was one of the main reasons for staying at this hotel.

I liked the location of the hotel and it was clean.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Poor informational service by both the website and hotel staff.

Using booking.com did not reveal that the swimming facilities were closed. We brought the boys with all their swim gear and anticipations for a fun weekend away. Once checked in (and the staff did not inform either) we looked at the hotel's website which had a tiny little line that if clicked informed the user that the pool is closed and that the hotel is under renovation. Obviously, we didn't know until we were checked in with our entire family unpacked. Not great!

The room was recently renovated but much of the downstairs was in disarray. Nicely located near the Easton mall complex. I am sure that when the reno is complete this property will be quite nice but we were unaware it was underway.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Totally deceptive, lousy treatment of a guest

I originally reserved a deluxe king room thru Booking.com for a single night at this hotel with my girlfriend. I specifically wanted a large room with a large bed. However, after check in, arrived at room to find we were in a standard double queen. I wasn't notified of this; went back to the desk and showed them my reservation (I had a hard copy), but she initially said that Booking.com doesn't accurately identify the types of rooms and their availability. Later, however, after I disagreed with her and again showed her my reservation, she stated that they had overbooked the deluxe king rooms and moved my reservation to the lousy room I was given. I note that no one had notified me of this change (I gave email and cell numbers for notification when I made the reservation-no messages on either). I was still getting charged thru Booking.com nearly $300 for the original reservation, so she eventually agreed to give me a 'discount' by reducing the charge to the rate a standard double queen room would cost. I suggested that charging me for the actual room I was stuck with rather than the deluxe was not a 'discount'. Throughout, she never expressed sympathy or was apologetic; she acted as though I was lucky to get any room. If I had not gone to the desk, they would have charged me for the more expensive room. We had no choice but to stay in the small room in a queen bed. I could have gotten that at a much cheaper, but still nice, hotel nearby. Ruined our night, and I ended up spending $200 for a room I didn't want. Totally unacceptable for an 'upscale' hotel.

Beautiful Stay

The hotel was under construction and we had an elevator near our room but we had to walk further away to another elevator.

The hotel was beautiful and the location was excellent. I was really impressed with how the photos on the website were exactly like the room where we stayed. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Glad they are updating everything it was time.

Did not know when I booked it the place was under construction. Could not use the pool which we should of been notified.booked under book.com and my price does not equal what has been billed to VISA card

Glad they are updating everything it was time. loved the room decor. The location is great have stayed here previously at least 6 times.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

We like to get away for a night but wish we could have had a more convenient pool and fitness option

Wish we had been informed that the pool and fitness facilities were not usable. Very inconvenient for our family. Also, the staff at breakfast was slow to get to the egg station. And the lady at the coffee bar was slow and poured the wrong kind of coffee.

We liked the fresh cookies and candy canes in the reception area.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Not worth the money charged
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

Construction delay has made the place shabby. The elevator looks like it has been in a war zone. Housekeeping never made it over a 3 day stay.

Great view. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Dissapointed

The building was under construction and we did not know this or that the pool was not available. We also had set up a shuttle for a certain time to make it to a movie that we had tickets for. The shuttle was running 30 minutes late and we would have missed the movie so we walked back in the freezing cold and rain:( With NO communication from the shuttle.

The location is wonderful and we have stayed here many times in the past and it has been wonderful!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Freddy Hilton, Beware Reno at full price
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Accessible

Unannounced renovation, fire alarm at 4:30 in morning, walking over ice in winter in the middle of night.Most of all not getting refunded for the fire drill, even though the renovations are what caused the issue.

Large tv

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Nice comfey clean room. Too much for what view I got and how much we had to walk to get there.

First I understand the lobby was under remodeling. But I was not given any notice it was. Then I was also hard to find where it was. The lobby was on one end of the building. For the price you pay to stay there they should of split it to each end of the building so gest don't have to walk so far twice. second I ask for a room with some kind of view. Got nothing. A view of building roof. I could of stay somewhere else for cheaper with a better view. I also felt the front desk was kind snobbish and our reserved was under the wrong name.

I liked the comfort of the room bed. The room tv and shower were nice and big.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Great location, but expected more for my money.

Parts of the hotel were under construction, which made the facility not as nice as expected for the price. Also, we had a mix-up with our breakfast and the front desk staff was not very accommodating.

Great location to shopping.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Convenient to Easton Mall for Shopping!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

The price was quite high. Including tax, $300 dollars for a very basic two queen bed room. Renovations were going on so only two sets of doors were available for access. With the cold weather, it would have been nice to have been able to utilize the doors closest to the parking garage.

the location to the Easton Mall was great! The room was nice and very pretty to overlook the Easton Place with the Christmas lights in full swing.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Girls weekend out!
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The construction was a problem. But even this didn' even detour us or dampen our plans

Everything was fantastic. I had planned a girls shopping weekend for my daughters-in-law and we had a great time! Thank You

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Steerage
    • Queen Room with walk-in shower

Because we booked thru a 3rd party,"their words,not mine "..We where given a room that was more like a prison cell,with a dormer window. We requested a northern room...just felt like we were treated like second class...

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Very disappointed
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Booked because of indoor pool was not open but website did not inform us. Expected hotel to be beautifully decorated but was very disappointed. Has entire family there and was a big bust. I am a Hilton honors member but would not stay here again

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

good location

Pool and hot tub closed, overpriced and offered nothing special compared to similar hotels at lower prices

Location, clean, comfortable, quiet, polite staff

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

STAY AWAY until they fix hotel

No room service after midnight (we had to leave property to get food) Our room was by elevator-too noisy Almost no parking, no valet, I had to walk to/from car Construction/renovation-had I known I would have stayed someplace else

Decent breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Great hotel with wonderful staff; hope to come back after renovations finished.

Well, the hotel was under renovation, so there were several things that weren't available, notably the pool and gym. However, I appreciated the fact that the hotel had made arrangements for guests to use the Lifetime Fitness Club at no charge, which was spectacular.

Hotel and staff were wonderful. We were there from Maryland for an 80th birthday party for my brother-in-law, with about 40 other relatives, most of whom lived in Ohio. Party room and sleeping rooms were fine. Especially enjoyed the turkey and roast beef carved at the party.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

The last place to stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Under construction, the lobby close, no gym, no meeting room, and the front desk don't think the guest should know about that before arriving

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Stay was excellent except for two minor problems
    • Queen Room with walk-in shower

Confusion about breakfast being included with room rate. Also, confusion about turning on lights in new "green" rooms.

Location, location, location to Easton Mall. Allowed to check in early.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Room was nice, clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Hotel was under remodeling and it was difficult to find check in and very chaotic when we finally found where to check in. I think there should have had better directions for where to go and park.

Room was nice, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

It was a pleasant experience overall. We would stay again!

The staff was nice but not very friendly. We had a drink from the lobby bar and after we seated our selves on a sofa nearby, no one brought our drinks. My husband had to go get them, they were just sitting on the end of the bar. We were also surprised by the condition of the furniture in the lobby. It was worn and frayed.

The room was beautiful, clean, roomy and recently remodeled. The staff was professional. The condition of much of the hotel was excellent.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The beds were very comfortable, the location is very...

Lost our reservation, had to call to request the room earlier a couple times, hot tub water was an odd color, alarms went off and were woken up early and staff just walked in without knocking, not great room service

The beds were very comfortable, the location is very conveinient and rooms are very nice.

Disappointed with the "restaurant".

cleaning person never came until 5pm our first day.

It was very clean, and all staff was pleasant
    • King Room with Walk-In Shower

The bed was really Comfortable

Awful!!

The staff was very rude and treated us with so much disrespect because we were there for Rock on the Range!

Very comfortable and relaxing

Nothing clean professional staff all around top notch

Very comfortable and relaxing

I will not stay there next year
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

for 400$ a night i expected at least free breakfast...nothing was complimentary.

It was beautiful

Very adequate for visiting Easton.

Many changes from last visit: dining foom gone, entertainment at reception area bar, convince store and grill room.

Location in Easton

Location was great
    • King Room with City View

The window was very small and high up

Location was great

Easy, clean. Location very good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility Accessible

The remodeling of the hotel looks good.

Overall it was a great stay. Nice view from our windows. walking distance to the shops.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with City View

I didn't like the price and especially that parking was an additional cost.

Very nice pool area

My family will be back in the fall!

We enjoyed EVERYTHING! Service was phenomenal, however my bill said 859$ total and I was charged 959$. Can someone look into that for me?

Very enjoyable! Staff was very friendly.
    • King Room with Walk-In Shower

Bed was very comfortable and everything was very convenient. We enjoyed our stay!

AWESOME

It ALWAYS seems to be GREAT

The Tv WORKed the RIGHT Way and it was a comfortable

Awesome Sauce 😍
    • Queen Room with walk-in shower

It was very clean, staff was courteous and I love being able to park my car at reasonable rate!

Clean

Clean

They accommodated my change on date and time.

They accommodated my change on date and time. My kids had a great time in their pool, our holiday was great!!!

Walk to Easton Town Center and it's got really nice...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

A bit spendy but you get what you pay for I suppose.

Walk to Easton Town Center and it's got really nice rooms.

My stay was very good

The walls were pretty thin so I would recommend staying there with a group of friends.

The room was spacious and the furniture was very comfortable.

Beautiful location, clean, friendly staff, large room.

Thin walls, extremely loud hallways

Beautiful location, clean, friendly staff, large room.

Location to Easton
    • Junior Queen Suite

All the extra hidden charges put on my credit card

Location to Easton

Great experience

The food prices are way to high Expensive

Location and the updates