Reviews of Hilton Columbus/Polaris 4 stars

8700 Lyra Drive, Columbus, OH 43240, USA

#6 of 98 hotels in Columbus

Clean rooms great location
    • Executive Floor Queen Room

Hallway cluttered with trays from room service pool area very slippery fell even though had shoes with soft rubber soles an walked very slowly

Clean rooms great location

Girls Spa Weekend
    • Executive Floor Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The bath tub dripped all night long and the a/c never really cooled the room down enough for me. An exhaust fan in the bathroom would have been nice as well. The pool area was nice, but very noisy. Lots of unattended children screaming while parents sat outside on the patio.

The complimentary breakfast buffet was excellent. I loved that the pool and hot tub area was open 5 am -11 pm. Most hotels close everything down too early. We were there for a spa weekend and the hot tub was a great way to relax afterwards. The beds were extra comfy. I was able to use my cell phone as the key to my room, which was very handy. The outside patio was wonderful. I love to cozy up to a fire and they have a great fire pit area. The onsite spa was amazing!! I highly recommend a facial with Dee or massage with Montana!

A great day, and a wonderful hotel with great food, and great staff.
    • Executive Floor King Room

I would have loved to have a microwave in my room. it didn’t really affect the quality of my stay too much, but the convenience of having a microwave in room, rather than having to come all the way downstairs would have made my stay even more nice than it already was.

I love the speed and attentiveness to my room, if I had any requests or problems. I also loved the coupon for the free breakfast buffet. Staff were all friendly and helpful.

Convenient and friendly stay for families.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Room reservation for family members. Changes/modifications/cancellations were easy and hassle free. Site is ideal for guests and walking distance to many restaurants and shopping sites. Staff was efficient and friendly!

It’s a very relaxing stay n
    • Executive Floor Queen Room

I didn’t appreciate th noise complaint. I have a four year old and it was the middle of the day. I stayed on the executive level and wasn’t expecting that.

Breakfast was delicious!!! Rooms were comfy and the facilities were exceptional. Very relaxing stay

A must stay at this hotel if in Columbus, OH.

the bed was harder than I prefer but the staff was more than accommodating offering me other rooms to try out the beds. Others would probably like the firmer mattress.

Absolutely perfect hotel! Extremely clean! Staff was friendly and professional and prompt with meeting needs. Location wonderful with tons of eating and shopping nearby. Highly recommend

big cost nothing spectacular.

pool area had no towels and the smell of the chlorine was so bad it made our eyes burn standing there we couldnt even swim it was so bad. The whirlpool wasnt even really nothing nut room temp warm. the nreakfast wasnt even included in room and for what i paid for a room that is ridiculousness. the internet was not working most all evening and was even down when i checked out so i couldnt even get a bill that said they would have to email it to me later when it starts working. asked to check in at 1200 when booked room wasnt ready untill hours later.

clean room.

disappointed
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

our anniversary and didn't give us champagne or strawberries or flowers on bed or towels in a shape or anything..........not even water bottles..........disappointing

the bed

The lobby was the nicest place in the entire hotel.

The rooms were dusty and outdated and not particular clean for my taste. I will never stay at the Hilton Polaris again. I was there for a business trip and very unsatisfied with my accommodations.

The lobby was the nicest place in the entire hotel. Please take some of that amibance and apply that to your outdated and dusty rooms.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very spacious.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The pool area was outdated and dirty. The shower only got luke warm and the restaurant inside the hotel was sub par at best. We waited an hour and 15 min for our food with a 5 year old. Once the food arrived everything was bland and dry.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very spacious.

The bartender was very rude and didn’t want to do her job.
    • Executive Floor Queen Room

The bartender was very rude and didn’t want to do her job. She acted as if she was really put out when asked for a drink. We had to constantly go to her for service. A smile does a lot and that was non existent! Sad!

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel. The location is perfect for shopping.

We had to have the air filter for the furnace changed, it was caked with dust. Our fridge didn’t work and had to be replaced. But both problems were fixed immediately and without question. The pool water was very cold and the hot tub was closed for “maintenance” on a Friday night. The host explained that it was being cleaned which could’ve been done on a weekday I’m sure. Breakfast is not included.

Great atmosphere, very inviting lobby. Bed was comfy and clean. Great location for dining out and shopping.

Clean comfortable room and close to shopping.

One thing that's disappointing - I booked through Trivago and am a Hilton Rewards member and did not know we don't get points when going through a third party. Apparently more expensive when booking on www.hilton.com, so I don't see the benefit of being in the reward club if I have to pay more to book a room. Please advise.

We were impressed with the beautiful lobby - everything looked new and well kept. LOVED the bed and comforter and had a nice large room. Water pressure in shower was EXCELLENT! Staff was helpful and friendly.

Staff was great and room was very nice.

We left at 5 am and there was no coffee ready to go. I did understand getting no breakfast, however coffee should be ready at a hotel like this.

Staff was great and room was very nice.

The hotel was in a great location and a good price

The pool had way to much chlorine it burn your eyes and mouth couldn't stay in there with my granddaughter but 15 minutes she was crying it was to bad also we told the check out that the people above us was way to noises

The bed was very comfortable

Very clean & very enjoyable

It was my husband and I’s 5th wedding anniversary (which we briefly mentioned when checking in), and the staff were kind enough to have chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne delivered to our room that night! It was such a sweet surprise and really spoke volumes of the hospitality of the hotel.

A great wkend getaway!!

No water in fridge.

Room service, spa on property, shopping and local attractions close. The wait staff was wonderful, outdoor lounge with fireplace was so nice .

We are a very disappointed honeymooners !!!
    • Executive Floor King Room

We were very disappointed on the charges. We were never told that up front that the hotel would charge us $100 up front or the fee for the regular rate of the hotel which was $502.53. This did put a damper on our Honeymoon. When we checked out, we were told that those charges, totaling $602.53 would be reversed and that we would see the cost of the hotel that we had booked, cost of $436.97. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. We have stayed at many hotels and have booked many through Trip Adviser. At this time, we will not be using Booking.com. We feel betrayed and lied too.

Overall the facility was good. Good breakfast buffet. Some of the staff was pretty nice. The hotel looked amazing.

This hotel was pleasant.

They did not have maps of the area when requested only of the mall nearby.

The pool/hot tub was clean and perfect size. Also handicap accessible. Front desk was helpful.

I always enjoy staying at the hilton the comfort and relaxing atmosphere .

I really like the location of the hotel.There was plenty of restaurants and stores and I was able to eat at my favorite restaurant and tried a new one.

Horrible customer service !
    • Executive Floor King Room

I booked a suite that was supposed to have two rooms- one with a king bed- one with a sleeper sofa. The room was just one room- one bed - no sleeper sofa. When I contacted the front desk they were awful- they would do nothing to help rectify the situation. They offered a blanket and a pillow for the floor. They refused to let me speak to a manager - I would never stay here again!

Girls weekend
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The smell of carpet deodorizer used in the hall gave me a headache! Our 1st night there was wonderful, but the 2nd night they put a family with children in the room above us and we had to call down to the desk to complain about the noise as we thought they would come thru our ceiling! We could also tell what time they were up in the morning...sounded like they were doing construction up there! I complained to the front desk in person, and was offered nothing more than an apology. The jets in the hot tub weren't working all weekend, but it was still hot--so we soaked for a few, then we're done.

The room was so clean and cozy! The hotel is close to so many restaurants and shopping! Such a nice girls weekend was had!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Breakfast in bed.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Maybe adding a small microwave in rooms.

Breakfast in bed. Location was excellent. Rooms were pretty much sound controlled. Facilities attached are great- restaurant, bar, spa.

Very clean, safe place to stay.

Bar is expensive. Cheaper to walk across the street for a couple of drinks.

Very clean, safe place to stay. Conveniently located next to the mall and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Comfortable good value

Would like a quick place to get breakfast when you're on the go in lobby area. Like the bar area.

Clean comfy bed, large room, makeup mirror in bathroom. Nice lobby with great outdoor patio with firepit, good food served in bar.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The room was perfect!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The room was perfect! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon night! I LOOOOVE this hotel!! The staff at the front desk was so nice and check in/ out was so easy! Would love to stay here again!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Location is great.
    • Executive Floor King Room

Check in was a disaster was given wrong room number, then when went down they couldn't find my reservation even though I had paid in advance and had just given my points to someone else. I don't think they checked my ID at all. Next room I was given was not on the floor that allowed access to exec lounge, so went back down. The next room was fine but the keys still didn't work on the exec lounge. I gave up after that as I was beat from driving 8 hours. The front desk almost made it seem like it was my fault, no apologies just a bit of a feeling that I was causing them an issue. Other than the check in I have no complaints.

Location is great. The rooms and bathrooms were spacious. Executive was helpful for breakfast and snacks.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Always a great stay at this Hilton

Everything was good in our books!

Interior of hotel is beautiful and well maintained. Staff is friendly, quick check ins and outs. Room was clean and comfy. A/C worked great on some hot days. Pool opens early and closes late, which was perfect for our restless kids!! Always a great stay at this location!!

Everything was great.

Everything was great.

Very nice place to stay.

Very nice place, cannot ask for more

Excellent facility and staff is personable

All was good

Everything was perfect.

Close to lots of shopping and dining. Quick check-in and check out.
    • Executive Floor Queen Room

We could have skipped the breakfast; it had zero flavor. All else was fine.

Clean and the staff was friendly.

Clean and the staff was friendly.

The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean!

The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean!

We had a great time and very clean.

Microwaves in the room would be nice with having children.

Very clean. Pool area was nice too

Nice place to get away.

Hot tub did not work and the last time it was broken

The bar and tv the fireplace and the restaurant

Great location, clean, staff is friendly

Great location, clean, staff is friendly

Fun weekend.

Thin walls. There was a lot of noise from the room next door and the hall.

Location and comfortable bed.

Very nice

Didn't have any issue

Very comfortable and quiet

Great atmosphere and the food was good too would stay again!!!

That I had to leave lol!!

Comfortable bed clean room and room service was on time and wings plus pizza was hot An good. Great romantic get away!!!

Very nice!

Used booking. com and got a cheaper rate. Tried calling the HCP hotel and they said they could not match.

the Staff.

Our Trip was incredible and so was our Hotel

The staff was very friendly, the entire hotel was very clean and not a particle of dust to be found. Had a wonderful stay and would return again!

Room was very spacious

Fluffy eggs

Amazing

Small bath tubs

Smelled fresh and clean

We had a lovely experience and really enjoyed our stay . Will visit again!

I have no complaints...

The entire package! Being greeted with nice warm smiles! Loved it..

i needed extra room book for 1 night the room rate was crazy, asked to match my rate and was told no

room, it was not what i expected. (old and worn out)

location only

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

We couldn’t check into our room even though we showed up at...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

We couldn’t check into our room even though we showed up at 5:20pm. Still had to wait. Our room smelled like smoke and the showers were cold.

The location was great the staff was friendly
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

For the price I expected a bigger room and free breakfast 5 bucks for a coors light was ridiculous

The location was great the staff was friendly

I had a really enjoyable and relaxing stay here!

The bed was extra comfy!

great!

No microwave in room.

Pretty much everything

And this is Hilton
    • King Parlor Suite

Furniture was stained and dirty

Great hotel for and overnight satyagraha

Proximity to restaurants, shopping and the interstate.

Our stay couldn't have been better!

Our room was charged at regular rate not our booking.com rate...a hassle to be refunded.

Our stay couldn't have been better!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Good location close to shopping, comfortable hotel with excellent welcoming staff.

Overall all good.

The bed was comfortable and the hotel staff welcoming and helpful.

This is one of the best hotels in Columbus! I loooove the Polaris area!

The room and facility was so comfy and clean! Staff is very friendly and check-in/out was very easy.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Other than the few bad things the room was beautiful and the staff was very nice!

The room smelled funny when we got there and the shower wasn't clean their were hairs from previous people

Bathroom and shower in particular is small

Bathroom and shower in particular is small

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Perfect place to stay

The beds they were perfect

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great hotel and Fantastic location.

Gemini Grille breakfast buffet and the Papillon Day Spa were great as well!!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Love!

Friendly service

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great stay at the Hilton!

Everything was clean and the atmosphere in the lobby and rooms was done very well.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Very nice and relaxing.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Alarm was set and woke us at 5:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning.

Nice big room, bed very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Great place to stay!!! Great staff
    • Executive Floor Queen Room

Room was clean and comfortable. Stopped into the bar and the wait staff were awesome!!

Air exchanger was loud

Air exchanger was loud

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Great stay at a very nice hotel

There's no microwave, not that I could find. That would be helpful

Fluffy pillows were awesome

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

I loved the bartender in the lounge.

I loved the bartender in the lounge. Beth is the best!!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Will be back!

Clean, many options for us

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Bed was amazing

Bed was amazing

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Short stay but very relaxing.

Very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

The place to go if you want to relax. An it is close to Polaris Mall and numerous restaurants.

What we didn't like was checking out and going home.

We loved the contemporary styling and the comfort of the bed.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

I will return

The service is excellent, from the front desk and the house keeping. Great location