Reviews of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport 3 stars

2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202, USA

#37 of 68 hotels in Arlington

Unlimited entry & exit to garage.

You have to pay $34 for parking

Unlimited entry & exit to garage. Very clean & classy. No noise & sound proof walls. Beds & pillows very comfortable. I Love The Hilton :-)

Safe area, very comfortable hotel, big room, quiet and clean

The receiption desk was a mess. Unfriendly staff, insufficient support. The breakfast in the 1st floor (not in the executive lounge but the official restaurant) was horrible: extremely poor service and the quality of the food was very poor.

Safe area, very comfortable hotel, big room, quiet and clean

The short stay were ok.
    • Queen Room

Flight delayed and when we get to the hotel the next day my room was given away. Have to wait for a room to becomes available. Bottom line I paid for two nights and stayed only one.

Relaxing, clean, convenient.

Something I really should have checked beforehand, but I was deeply disappointed about the lack of a pool.

Everything was clean and the staff was kind. Checkin/checkout was painless. The food was also not bad.

Disappointing airport hotel - worn and tired hotel
    • Queen Room

I have stayed in a number of hotels in Crystal City for business. This one ranks low among them - which surprised me. I expected more from a Hilton. Facilities were worn and dirty. Room service was “overwhelmed” and menu was terrible. Just not a great experience

The hotel is close to the airport but the shuttle service runs less frequently than you would expect

It was nice, would like to have had a bigger bathroom.

Easy walking distance to a variety of places; shopping, eating and general items needed.

The bathroom was very small and hard to utilize. The faucets in both the shower and sink were difficult to operate, when turning on and off.

You can’t beat good hospitality like we received during our stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

We never received the beer that was order that same night.

The chicken sliders were tender and tasty. That was the only meal we ate at the hotel. The hotel shuttle was awesome. They were prompt to and from the airport. Our room was kept neat and stocked.

Airport shuttle doesn’t start operating until 6am, so had to...

Airport shuttle doesn’t start operating until 6am, so had to call a cab - added nuisance. They put me in adjoining room with group of kids that talked loud until late. I had to get up at 4am.

4.5
    As a Hilton Honors members, we were very disappointed. What is the point??
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

Well, we arrived at a little after 2pm and was rudely told by the desk clerk that the room was not available, check-in time is 3pm and to just go away until then. When we came back, checked in an went to our room, I went to get some ice to discover the ice machine on the 8th floor wan’t working. Then, as we were lying in bed watching television, the porcelain shelf in the bathtub fell off the wall and smashed all over the bathtub. Needless to say, we did not use the shower the last night we stayed. Also, I had requested an upgrade on the room, but was not given it with no explanation given by anyone.

The engineer who came to fix the bathroom was excellent.

The fact that they don’t even have a bottle of water as...
    • Queen Room

The fact that they don’t even have a bottle of water as complimentary or a bath robe until I requested and I noticed a drinking glass was left near my door for my entire stay

My room I originally stayed in my bathroom had a leak.
    • King Room with Bath

My room I originally stayed in my bathroom had a leak. So I got switched to another room and the hot water wasn't working I spoke to front desk they said they would get back to me and never did. Wasn't happy with my visit

Most enjoyable hotel experience!
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

That I couldn't stay longer!!

The front desk staff (Ms Samuels and Raul) were beyond excellent! So helpful, so friendly and so approachable!! They made this stay quite an experience! Also the evening waitress at the restaurant could not have given better customer service and recommendations. Already planning a trip back to this hotel!! Highly recommend this hotel for business and leisure. A Wonderful hotel, outstanding staff and and overall excellent experience!!

Convenient, friendly, affordable!
    • Queen Room

Need better pillows on the bed.

Great shuttle service and affordable parking as we left our car for a week to fly to FL. Prompt return pick up! It was great!

Great hotel for location
    • Executive Queen Room

Parking garage did not have the clearance for my truck so had to park in a covered area but on the street. The shower was coming out of the wall and water would not get hot. Warm but not hot so quick showers.

Location was perfect for where I had to go for work. Staff were very helpful and courteous.

For a Hilton hotel I found it quite disappointing
    • Executive King Room

Poor attitude of supervisor on checking out over choice of wifi package. Paid for Executive Club floor to find that the Club closed on Friday after breakfast and did not re open until after we checked out on Saturday afternoon. Property rather "tired" for a Hilton charging top rates. Having recently stayed at Hilton properties in Alice Springs and Munich found the Arlington Crystal City disappointing

Breakfast in the Executive Club. Location

Comfortable hotel on the doorstep of Reagan airport.
    • King Room with Bath

It was a bit noisy outside my room during the night. First an amorous couple next door, then a boys soccer team outside. Better soundproofing would be easy to implement?

Wonderful location for Reagan airport. The hotel staff were excellent, combining a professional attitude with a friendly and welcoming style. The airport shuttle driver deserves special mention. The ground floor cafe is a wonderful gathering point with a great selection of drinks and light foods.

The friendly staff and the hotel location
    • King Room with Bath

The payment method, kept charging and putting some extras holds in the account. Breakfast not being included & 34$ a day parking. At the end, you pay a normal stay in hotels with everything included.

The friendly staff and the hotel location

The pillows
    • Queen Room

Charging an extra $30+ dollars for parking was ridiculous. It should be a part of the bill, not extra. That was outrageous and a total padding of the bill.

The pillows

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Great staff all around with very comfortable rooms .
    • Executive Queen Room

Noisy air conditioner in room made it annoying. Hotel seemed over run with high energy school groups . One drawback was high charge of $32 day for hotel guests to park car.

Great staff all around with very comfortable rooms . Food at the lobby bar was fantastic and very friendly wait staff. Shuttle service to Pentagon city was very efficient. Would definitely recommend

Outdated Rooms
    • Executive King Room

The bathroom was extremely small. The showers are out dated. The lobby looks fancier than the rooms.

The bed was soft and comfortable. Water pressure was good. The Tv was good and view was beautiful.

The bed was a dream like sleeping on a cloud.

The parking is horrible maybe because it was a holiday weekend but finding parking in their underground garage was a nightmare.

The bed was a dream like sleeping on a cloud. Excellent staff always willing to help. Peaceful quiet great view . In walking distance to great shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The window/view
    • Queen Room

Paying for parking is ridiculous. Especially the amount and the fact that you already paid for your room. Absolutely absurd that breakfast is $17 per person! Robbery!! The people next to us were banging on the conjoining door. Loud, screaming til 1 am, while my children were trying to sleep. The front desk gentleman was curtious and seemed to rectify the situation. But we were up after that.

The window/view

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Nice place for a short stay in the DC area

Staff very friendly and the location was great! Very close to Metro, lots of good restaurants in the vicinity, and an excellent price during a very busy week in Washington! The snack bar in the lobby is convenient if you need to grab something and go. The room was a generous size and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Best value for the price!
    • King Room with Bath

I was given a room next to an area where there was renovations being done even though the hotel was not at full capacity. Room was very nice minus the noise!

Food was great but was not included with price like advertised! To fix this the front desk let me park my car at no charge. Better value if you ask me.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Friendliness Plus.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

I would have to make something up.

The individual checking me in was friendly, knowledgeable and gave me a room that would give me quick access to the elevator.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Great location and shuttle service.
    • Queen Room

Construction going on at time of our visit. Our room appeared to have been a rushed upgraded room. The bathroom door had been painted, the knob to the shower was loose and the dial was messed up as the hot water was cold and cold was hot. Not quite the best experience from the Hilton brand.

Great location and shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

A pleasant stay
    • Corner King Room

I don't understand why front office staff the one on duty at 2AM on 11th Oct. 2016 charged my credit card for USD 50 as authorization fee after my check out. And i still didn't get it back yet.

The front office staff & concierge staff are very friendly and helpful. Hotel's location is quite good just near Reagen airport ( 5 mins by car and 10 mins by walk). 1 metro stop to crystal city shopping center with lots of delicious food and cheap goods.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

I am a very happy camper.
    • Queen Room

The staff, including the front desk, the shuttle drivers, housekeeping and restaurant servers, were professional, friendly, and willing to answer questions. For example, they helped me to locate a TJMaxx store and provide shuttle service there and back.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Crystal City Fantastic location

Construction noise heard in room. While we really appreciate the complimentary shuttle, for more convenience, it would be helful to have better shuttle communication info on intervals, schedule availablity & stop rotations. Please add a microwave in store Lobby.

Location location. Prompt staff assistance.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

The beds were extremely comforting and the room was well put...
    • Queen Room

The cost of the room was a bit steep. I mean you get what you pay for but that was kind of high for us not to have a microwave in the room, I mean come on!

The beds were extremely comforting and the room was well put together and clean. I would definitely return to this location.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

What are you going to do with your young ones in the evening after your site seeing tours?
    • Queen Room

The facilities did not have a pool. We booked this hotel with the promise of a pool. Your website said there was a pool. When we got there, there had not been a pool in over 3 years.

No complimentary breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Late booking turns into very comfortable night!

Room was very clean, comfortable bed-- good arrangement for furniture and facilities. I At 11:30 pm when I arrived from a delayed/canceled flight the desk attendant was very helpful and friendly, which I appreciated. My TV remote had a problem, but was quickly replaced by their technical staff.Loved having a free shuttle to the air port too. The price was very reasonable too-- esp. for last minute.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

I was visiting the D.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

I was visiting the D.C./Virginia area for a OCS graduation. I stayed in Dumfries for the graduation and traveled back to the D.C. area for the rest of the weekend. The hotel was a great location in terms of the Reagan International Airport. The hospitality and service was great. There are a lot of restaurants to explore. I would highly recommend it if you are visiting D.C. Loved it.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Good if you're on business not on vacation.

No pool. You have to pay for parking even though it's the hotels lot. $29 a day! Seemed to cater more to business travelers and the like not families on vacation. For us the beds were like rocks not very comfortable.

Location was good. Had plenty of restaurants around us. Close to metro station. Easy enough to find. Area was great.

Very comfortable & affordable

There was no ice in the ice machine

Very comfortable & affordable

Price for parking

Price for parking

Staff was a bit rude, especially while trying to coordinate...

Staff was a bit rude, especially while trying to coordinate the airport pick up

Perfect

Everything was excellent

Good hotel. Bad booking agent.

Booking.Com reserved us a handicapped room. I did not need and I did not want a handicapped room.

perfect location - airport shuttles were much appreciated

no room service ....

the pillows were a variety - I like softer - the thermostat can be controlled in the room.

A lot of noise.
    • Executive Queen Room

A lot of noise. The sound insulation is very bad.

This property is conveniently located, clean, and there are great restaurants in walking distance.
    • Queen Room

Convenient, good price. Enjoyed my stay

Ok for airport access but not great value for price

Plumbing, tv not working, low quality bathroom

Location, staff

Nice
    • Queen Room

A lil mold n mildew in shower

Room service

I tried calling for lost and found but never reached anyone...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

I tried calling for lost and found but never reached anyone or got a call back. Very upsetting

It was a fantastic stay
    • Executive King Room

Very nice and comfortable bed

Great Stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The signage for the parking is a little hidden.

Near lots of restaurants. Staff was very friendly.

Convenient and comfortable
    • Executive Queen Room

The control of air conditioning in room. The food at lounge wasn't that great.

The room was very comfortAble. Very clean quiet.

Relaxing

Price

The room was quiet and bed comfy

Convenient location
    • King Room with Bath

I wish Breakfast would be included in the package

Convenient location

Parking gee daily

Parking gee daily

Paying for parking

Paying for parking

The staff was very pleasant & helpful.
    • Queen Room

The air conditioner never cooled. Even the hallways were too warm and musty.

The staff was very pleasant & helpful. The room was very clean

Close to public transportation

No Restaurant in the facility

Close to public transportation

It was good overall except some noises from pipes or water or something releasing pressure...

Bathroom too small to maneuver.

Comfy bed. Got a room higher up.

The beds where amazing

The beds where amazing

Typical Hilton except for lack of restaurant

No real restaurant on-property

Nice stay but rude employee at front desk

Front desk person

The location was good.
    • Queen Room

The location was good. Staff was friendly.

Affordable , comfortable stay!

Comfortable bed. Awesome AC,

Great stay with kids, nice area with great restaurants.

No pool

The pillows and bed. We liked the shuttle service too.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Free wifi

Na

Free wifi

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

staff there are very friendly, shuttle to the airport is...

some rooms next to the elevator are very noisy.

staff there are very friendly, shuttle to the airport is convenient.

Enjoyable 3 day stay
    • Executive King Room

Convenient shuttle service to the metro station

need to be updated

need to be updated

Very good

There are no comments available for this review

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Pillows were very soft

Pillows were very soft

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Best Hotel Stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped me right away when my key was not working.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Wonderful
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The Market Place restaurant. The staff in the morning and afternoon were very rude.

We had a pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good location, not good for business
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

under construction, lots of noise during the day, impossible to work or hold conference call. Would not recommend for business at this time

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The old looking bathtub and the water knob was not right

The old looking bathtub and the water knob was not right

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Conveniently located by airport.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was sub par--typical poor hotel breakfast, yet it was not free.

Nice staff throughout. Very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

Could be better
    • Queen Room

Service was not consistent. Some staff wasn't particularly helpful.

Room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

Breakfast, quality of the room, cleanliness

Noise. One night we had 100 children running around, the other night people had parties in their room and at the corridors. Little sleep.

Breakfast, quality of the room, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Good breakfasts, access to the plaza level for executives,...

Hilton didn't offer me the same room as the one that has been described on booking.com. I've got worse room for the same price. There were some misunderstandings between Hilton and booking.com - booking.com describes one room and Hilton offers different room - in my opinion it is unacceptable at this level.

Good breakfasts, access to the plaza level for executives, comfortable bed

There are also 39 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.