Reviews of Hilton Dallas-Park Cities 4 stars

5954 Luther Lane, Dallas, TX 75225, USA

#76 of 151 hotels in Dallas

Air conditioning ,I didn’t complain because I was so tired I didn’t feel up to changing rooms.. the television kept going in and out.The tub need a little touch up. The staff was great

The rate and the staff

• Queen Room

There was something funny about the wifi internet that my Companies secure servers did not like. As I was barely at hotel during the day it was not the end of the world, so I did not put much effort into getting it running. :)

Nice helpful staff, very clean, good facilities like bar and food. High quality vibe. The local eating establishment were good variety and food quality.

There was a large stain in the bathtub which kept collecting water at the other end of the tub cause it wasn’t leveled right. The staff came off as unhappy and awkward. Nothing unbearable but not to be expected at this price point.

The first room I was given the tv didn’t work and the tub was not clean. The second room I was given the coffee maker didn’t work. The front desk manager did comp me breakfast.

• King Room with BathTub - Disability Access

See above

Told by guests starting at hotel nearby free parking garage ; no need to Valet. Valet too expensive for quality of room at hotel. This hotel has gone down since 2009...

• Queen Room

The parking situation is a mess if you're traveling with a family. They only offer valet parking and it's an extra $30 per night plus tips. That would have added up to an extra $80 for our stay with all the tips. They told me there was no self parking but I could use a free public parking garage 2 blocks down the street. Mind you it was really cold the week we stayed so constant walks back in forth in the cold. They just didn't offer any other suggestions even when they knew I wasn't happy. We felt unwelcome the entire time we were there and it put a huge damper on our trip. Do not stay here if you are coming with kids on a budget. It's fine for a business trip with the company card.

Rooms were spacious and nice.

Hated that the room didn’t have complimentary bottle water. WiFi left a little to be desired. Also had a bathroom door that wouldn’t stay ajar, which made it fairly difficult to stand at the sink and do anything without being hit in the back or needing to find a makeshift doorstop

Convenient location, comfortable bed, nice lobby. Staff was fairly friendly and helpful.

• Executive Floor King Room

We stayed in a King Room on the Executive Floor. I was expecting something a little more glamorous for the price I paid. The room was small with an unimpressive bathroom. I feel like I paid extra just to have free cookies and soda. I could have booked at 3-room King suite at the Holiday Inn Express, which would have looked nicer and saved me a few bucks.

The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I especially appreciated the valet driver who walked me to my door and opened it for me. The overall experience was pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The buffet breakfast wasn't very good.

Everyone is super nice and took care of all my requests quickly. Very friendly staff. Yes, the bed is like a cloud.

• Queen Room

The pool was only three feet deep! I was under the impression it was a swimming pool not a wading pool.

The walls were super thick. Absolutely no noise issues. A/C worked very well, kept our room very cool. The beds were very comfy, slept amazingly. The mini fridge kept my wine chilled wonderfully. It's a valet only hotel (didn't know that when I booked) but I loved not having to park my car! Very pleased with how nice the valet team and staff was during my stay. Definitely got my money's worth.

• Queen Room

They wanted to give me the current rate vs what I booked for online.

I felt the ambiance was relaxing.. the accommodations was well prepared and the facilities well maintained

• Queen Room

Where should i start... i booked this location based upon the amenities that i assumed after calling to verify came with this location. My sisters and i were in town for a major conference. I inquired about shuttle services due to extreme parking prices and availability for conference and i was told that this service was provided, which was not true, what if i had flown in town verses deciding to drive there??? As we arrived i then asked parking prices and was given one rate for the whole time i was there and was later told it was the daily rate... what if i had a strict budget??? Due to expecting to be at the conference all day and night we asked about an early checkin... early meaning an hr before normal checkin time, and was told because of the high demand that people were asking to checkin in earlier today we have decided to charge a fee of $25 extra dollars!!! REALLY 1hr before normal time!!! So after expressing to them that i know that have to be aware of the conference that is going on and that the prices are already raised due to it... i got a fake smile and was told no mam we were not aware😶 Really!!! So i was just go to lunch are something and it will out normal rates then!!!! Wow!!! So i said know what i will do is call 800- hilton and let them know about it... and immediately the $25 dollars was not needed.(go figure right)! Granted we only showered, dressed and slept in the room getting clean towels was like waiting in line on black friday🤔🤔 unfortunatly not until our last night in the room we decided that we had enough. The room was vacuumed, there was lots of dust and trash behind the furnitureand the tub was dirty which we cleaned ourselves anyway. When we did get towels we were given bathroom floor mats...( to dry ourselves really)! Back to the staff my sister simply asked one of the front desk personel a question and immediately as she turned her back she made face jesters in disgust😒😒😒as if but not knowing i saw her.

Kindness of the valet workers

• Queen Room

In the room at the hotel the rods to close the curtains were broken and we had to close the curtains by hand which was difficult because they were tall and heavy. The drain in the bathtub would not open or close completely so the tub was slow to drain. There were no face cloths left in room after maid service on the second day. The parking fee of $28.00 per day is ridiculous.

The location was convenient and the room was O. K. It was quiet and the car service was efficient.

• Executive Floor King Room

Was expensive, in part due to timing of my booking, however, unhappy with the bathroom plumbing, had to spend time working out how the shower worked and then the water ran cold for quite a while including while I was trying to communicate problem with concierge. Hot water did eventually come, it was several minutes though. The fittings were also loose and coming away from the wall. Breakfast that was inclusive and served in upstairs room, was very limited and I wasn't aware of the separate arrangement so on the first day had breakfast downstairs. Altogether it felt a little shabby.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Executive Floor King Room

The room pictures were deceptive. Room was tiny. "Heated" pool was cold. "Executive" lounge was lacking. Breakfast wasn't great. Staff was rude.

The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

We had to call the front desk for security twice and then I had to go down there to complain about the room next to me. They were extremely loud, yelling playing music, bagging on the wall, slamming doors from 0100-0300. Also, the handles for the shower and the sink were loose and not maintained.

The location is perfect, within walking distance from lots of restaurants and shopping. A short drive from down town.

The drain assembly in my tub was completely loose and no longer "installed" in the tub. I put it aside. I was able to shower since the water drained properly, but was surprised by the general lack of upkeep.

The room was comfortable and nicely furnished.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

The restaurant was terrible. There was no one to seat us at 6:00, we had to go and get someone from the bar. Dressing on the side should be easy enough, they couldn't handle that. Breakfast room service was terrible, had to call down twice to get a simple order corrected. Person taking our order was rude.

The food was awful. The only helpful person was the first concierge I called. The cleaning staff our first day was extremely rude, she clearly did not want to be there. She didn't even leave clean towels when she finally made it in to clean the room. The room service tray from breakfast was left in our room even though we asked to have it removed.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room

Restaurant room service is wonderful. Everything was delicious and served as ordered. The restaurant isn't so good. Service is very slow.

I totally enjoyed my stay. Everyone was ex- tremely professional and friendly. The room was spotless.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Queen Room

I believe the person next door to us was smoking marijuana and since our rooms were joined by a door the smell was getting into our room. Security came to our room at one point and accused us of smoking. That was unpleasant.

Very clean and great location.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

My card was charged several times with charges that I was unaware of. I was NOT told that my card would be charged an extra $50 "in case I wanted to something to be charged to my room" or that I would be charged $35 more for the hotel room in case anything happened and I was charged extra for the parking "in case anything happened". However, the staff did NOT explain these charges before they were made. I had to go down and ask about them when I saw money taken out of my account several times and was told that the extra money charged would be credited back to me. That would have been okay had I been told about these unexpected overcharges. My card was charged $75 more than what is on my end of stay invoice. I am currently waiting for the money they overcharged my card to be credited back to me.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Executive King Alcove Room

The toilet never seemed to flush properly and clogged with each use.

Perfect location in the heart of highland park. The staff was incredibly nice. The room was very large.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

The rooms aren't very sound proof. The first night I could hear the man next door, he went to sleep pretty early. The next night there was a pretty loud party across the hall till well past midnight. I didn't call about as I hate to ruin someone else's good time!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

I made reservations for multiple rooms (funeral) and came in, checked them in and paid for the rooms. When 2 out of 3 couples arrived, the front desk could not locate their reservations (because they were already checked in) and my friends/family had to call me to talk to the person at the desk. Once explained they were able to get them their keys. This is a gap in your front desk function - probably doesn't happen often but should not be this difficult!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Valet Parking a bit pricy. Self-parking would have been nice.

Staff was friendly. Place was clean. Internet and TV convenient. Food was good. Excellent restaurant choices nearby.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

Was kind of loud. Was on the executive floor and could easily hear people talking outside and closing their room doors. Also not a fan of the forced valet parking. But it is what it is

The bed and pillows were super comfy

• Executive Floor King Room

The restaurant and bar simply did not have great food available. The surrounding construction made coming and going difficult.

I liked the themed support for SMU Family Weekend. The staff was also very good.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Not sure I could improve it.

It was very busy at the hotel with lots of people celebrating a football game. During our last night, someone tried to open our door and actually it opened but was stopped by the door bar. However, after that the door was broken and wouldn't shut. The front desk was superb in handling this - getting a repair person to our room in no time and giving us free breakfast at the very nice breakfast buffet that morning. Then, when we left, our car ran out of gas 1 block from the hotel. The valet personnel were fantastic and brought a gas can with enough gas to get us around the corner to a gas station. Now THAT is service. Very impressed by the level of service at all points in this hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

They put me in a double queen room without telling me, when I specifically booked a king room. Not only that, but they put me directly across the hall (and at the end of the hall) by the 3 business conference rooms. Starting at 7am the doors to those conference rooms were loudly opening and closing. Construction across the street which I was also not told about started loudly at 3am. On top of all this, the maid service started their rounds at 8am or before and woke me up, and required me to also get up and come back later. All of this is completely unacceptable- especially for a hotel of their caliber. I am originally from University Park (Dallas), and will be telling everyone I know about this if it is not rectified. I will also be placing a review on every site possible should nothing be done, up to reimbursement.

The bed was fairly comfortable, as were the sheets and the amount of pillows, and the AC was awesome.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The parking service is terrible, they damaged my wheel. But according to their policy that they do not have any responsibility since I left their propety.

Nice location

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The rooms themselves could be kept up a little better. for example, sinks not working properly, tubs a little dirty, bedside tables worn/broken.

The staff was very helpful and attentive. The A/C in my room was not working properly and they immediately moved me to another room and comped my stay.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Exceeded my expextations! Loved the rooftop pool and exercise facility. The Starbucks at the bar is great and their coffee is consistent with Starbucks quality and price. Will stay here again.

• Queen Room

Stain in the bathtub looked a bit gross

Valet parking excessive

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Missed complimentary bottle water.

Very friendly and clean.

Please see above.

There was nothing I didn't like.

• Queen Room

Service at breakfast and bar slow and bad food. Sheets and comforter scratchy an stiff

Bar drinks were too expensive

The beds were very clean from the mattress to the sheets.

Convenient location.

we love this hotel. We stay here when we are traveling to/from Lovefield.

Decor was extremely outdated

The morning breakfast was excellent and fresh. Staff were accommodating and friendly.

Bed cover too hot

• Executive Floor Queen Room

Only allowed Valet parking

Almost everything was great

• Queen Room

Loved the shopping and restaurants nearby! Very walkable from the hotel

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness, smelled of smoke, noisy as room was right by the elevator, Uncomfortable pillows, dirty comforters

Not much

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Service. Beds comfort

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Beautiful deco and good location

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

The location, parking restrictions and fee, and the restaurant was overpriced and extremely disappointing in every aspect.

It was clean and quiet

I loved everything about my stay at The Hilton. Thank you so so so much!

Food options

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

NA

Everything was Excellent

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Valet only hotel parking @ $26.00 per day. This should be mentioned on website.

Hotel location in proximity to Edgemere.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

was hard to regulate the hot water in the shower!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Executive King Alcove Room

The staff could've been more nicer when I request an earlier checking time.

Loved the room and the hotel was spotless!

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

Make key floors exclusive , as price is.

I was on the 9th floor and the noise was equal to motel 6 . Very disappointed.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Great hotel for business; downside is no On Demand; very limited TV options -they need to update

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Queen Room

The shower head was difficult to adjust.

The bed was heavenly.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

No negatives

Great Location and staff. Clean, quiet and comfortable for business travel.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Queen Room

Needs parking. Should be made clearer on website that valet parking is the only option.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The $75 you are charging from my debit card which you did not tell me and the parking charges.

Location which is 5 miles from my appointed venue.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access with Roll In Shower

Internet is slow..

Quiet, clean, convenient neighborhood and traffic.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

No parking garage

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great location, friendly, efficient staff and good food in the hospitality suite.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Bed was hard air was hard to control temperature.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Pool is a little on the small side but was still really nice :)

The Room is very spacious and clean. The Kingsize Bed was amazing!!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Executive Floor King Room

The key, we had to get out every time to get to our floor, kind of inconvenient

Staff, bed and location

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

N/a

Comfortable beds Very accommodating

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

My room (916) was in dire need of attention. There was a blood(?) stain on the shower curtain, a lightbulb out in the bathroom and a badly stained or water damaged lamp shade. Not what I expected to see in an Executive room on the Executive floor.

Location is perfect, convenient and safe.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2016

The room on the second floor smelled of mildew and was dank. I switched to another room on the same floor with a similar, but more mild problem. The rooms feel old and the HVAC is badly in need of replacing.

Good location, friendly staff. The staff were very helpful in responding to my complaints and switched me to another room.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

I did not like that there was no self parking. Although the valet service is nice, i felt inconvenienced that i needed them in order to even retrieve items from my car.

The decor and the service were both BEAUTIFUL!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

There was nothing I didn't like about this hotel.

Staff really friendly and helpful, room clean and beds very comfortable, really nice bar area which was open until late. Didn't eat in the restaurant but food looked lovely. Hotel is actually about 10/15 minutes drive from the downtown area but is set in a nice quiet street.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2015

Valet parking was a little unorganized and slow. Fitness center is lacking and should be improved. Need soft all Cotton blankets in room. Western art on walls looks very cheap.

Nice and helpful staff. Great location. Clean room. Really enjoyed my stay and will return.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Bathroom in 904 is below par. Needs renovation - tub and shower tile were SAD. Shower curtain was ill fitting. It was so short we had problems keeping water off floor and this caused several sopping wet towels.

Nice lobby and lobby bar. Rooms comfortable. Enjoyed use of 10th floor lounge for coffee and breakfast.

There are also 48 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.