Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Deerfield Beach - Boca Raton 3 stars

100 Fairway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, USA

#7 of 17 hotels in Deerfield Beach

The front desk staff was accommodating when there was issues...
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Our first room had an odor. Our second room had a shower head that was hanging by a thred in the bathroom. The handles to the bathroom vanity were also the same way. They were having issues with their cable and telephone service. On our way out my husband and I had several bags along with my 18 month old. While trying to get onto the elevator a housekeeping employee stood there, did not offer to hold the door open and the elevator door almost closed on myself and my 18 month. Very rude. This facility definitely needs better maintenance. And apparently their house keeping staff needs an in service on customer service.

The front desk staff was accommodating when there was issues with the room’s cable and telephone. We ordered room service and they were extremely helpful to us and our 18 month old.

Wonderful experience and beautiful hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

The only thing we did not like was one morning. The house keeper was very loud. Woke us up and we were trying to sleep in until 10:00 am after a long flight and arriving at 1am at the hotel,

The staff were so wonderful, professional, and nice. The rooms were nice and when we encounter an issue with our room they were very responsive.

Great facility , great staff and will definitely return

Small bathroom

Special recognition to Tatiana who went out of her way to be accommodating to us as well as Danny and Carla at breakfast . They were excellent . Pool , bed comfort and elevator speed were outstanding and appreciated

Heartbreaking
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

I will never book through your company again! I went on line and thought I booked a room for a king bed and the rate was to be one hundred and nine dollars a night. When I got to the hotel they said I could not have a king room because at that rate they only had a double I ask ed to have them check and amend it and they told me they couldn't because I booked thru you. I was very upset and they told me to join them for a complementary breakfast. We tried one morning and the waiter presented us with a bill for over thirty dollars. That's not complementary! We had a terminal family member and had to cut the trip short by one day. again I was told they couldn't help because I booked thru you. When I checked out they presented me with a bill for one hundred and sixty four dollars a night. I had stayed there before and also booked the hotel for family members and I am a Hilton member. We were grieving the lose of our brother and then we're treated shockingly.

comfortable.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

I did not like the look of the bathroom. It had some stain spots on the floor. The internet would not connect to my tablet or my kindle, i was disappointed about that.

I like the location, was easy to get to. The room was spacious enough for a 4 family members. I felt comfortable with the bed. my kids both slept on the bed together with no issue. I loved the look of the lobby, very elegant and beautiful.

Excellent pet policy for quality much better than La Quinta!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I was in the midst of relocation and needed to use your hotel for 'home base' for four days during the transition. It was perfect, except for the fact that it was difficult to transport luggage and two small dogs upon arrival and departure without valet service. Also, it would be so much better if there were an alternate route to walk pets without having to go through the main lobby each time.

Bed was definitely NOT like sleeping on a cloud, but warm cookies always make up for it! Thank you, so much, for being one of the few chains that allow pets.

A nice stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

A nice stay. Somehow far from the beach end downtown, but with free transfer everywhere within 5 miles from the hotel. We liked it a lot. Unfortunately no breakfast when booking by booking and to expensive paying there.

The staff was wonderful.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Sorry to say the carpet in our room was icky. I should have realized I would forfeit my Honors points by using Booking.com. If this is not true please advise.

The staff was wonderful.

The room was ok but definately not what I expected from a double tree.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

The shower pressure was very low and water came out of top and bottom plus it didn't get hot. We went to the jacuzzi and there were not even any towels for us to use.I also thought I was going to have a balcony but I did not.

Not happy
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

Room wasn't ready despite arriving at 11pm.linens were dirty. Multiple guests complaining about there room when I checked in, had booked a double room they gave me a single

Hotel was nice and room was comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

Toilet in room did not shut off, had to shake handle, stopper in bathroom sink was not functioning, duvet cover on bed had stains

Hotel was nice and room was comfortable

I will definitely stay at this hotel again. Of course if the price is right🤔
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

Well when we arrived at the hotel, the room we booked was not very clean. So I guess it's safe to say house keeping is what I didn't like because someone did not pay much attention doing there job.

Staff. The staff at double tree was very nice I appreciate there Swift response and the effort to make us feel comfortable 😊

The room was very spacious and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

I requested to check in early due to having a wedding at 5:00 and I was told to come around 1:00 as I live locally. I showed up at 1:00 and still no room. The wedding party even had rooms blocked off at the hotel. However I had to wait until 3:00 and barely had time to get ready. I used to work in the hotel business and I understand how the process works but I shouldn't have been told to show up at 1:00 and then wait for another 2 hours

The room was very spacious and comfortable.

Pleasant place to stay with comfortable beds
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Elevators were not working properly. Prefer regular dressers for putting clothes in. Bathroom needed a little molding work. Unable to access power outlets near the bed to plug in electronics because of them being behind the bed. The outlets on the lamps were too big.

View of outside was ok, even though it was the highway. In a great location reference being beside Hillsboro street which leads you straight to the beach in approximately 10 or less minutes. Liked the option of having a complimentary shuttle escort no more than 5 miles away from the hotel if available.

Wedding trip
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

The woman at the front desk that greeted us her name was Jessica her attitude towards us the entire trip was always rude and disrespectful. It made us feel unwelcome, I feel as if she was always looking for a reason to be rude to us!

The woman the works behind the bar I don't remember her name but in conversation with her we found out she was from Australia and Liverpool! She was kind and very informative, she always greeted us with a smile and made us feel welcome if it hadn't been for her we honestly would have not enjoyed anything at the hotel!

Amazing vacation!
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

it seemed as if the AC froze up when we first got there but that may have been my own fault I turned it down pretty low as soon as we go to the room.

The beds were so comfortable, it was super clean and the staff was amazing! not to mention the warm chocolate chip cookies they give you upon checking in, I have a 5 year old and the pool was perfect for when she got tired of being at the beach. I would recommend this place highly! it is absolutely beautiful inside.

Double Trouble Tree

Old phones in rooms. Wrong number in the services book. Breakfast phone extension wrong in print. Small, squeaky beds. Terrible beds. Air conditioner doesn't cool fast enough. No bathroom ventilation system. Bathroom was dirty.

Lobby was nice. Check in was easy

Will at the front desk made sure our stay was fantastic.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Will at the front desk made sure our stay was fantastic. Always greeted us with a smile and a willingness to help. Cleanest hotel we've stayed at in a long time. We cant wait to return to stay there again. Staff is phenomenal.

Very convenient for families
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

Free parking, close to everywhere , 35 mins from Miami airport on a Saturday afternoon, clean and fresh looking unlike many hotels in US (which used to be good in 80's and 90's. ), no bad AC smell- hard to find in US, allowed for late check our for 1 hour, staff very helpful and smiling all the time.... to everyone...

Atmosphere was great,quiet and relaxing
    • King Bed Non Smoking

During check-in I was advise that a twenty- five dollar would be applied to incidentals which was understandable.after checking my debit account the clerk add a additional. twenty five dollar not explaining.

Atmosphere was great,quiet and relaxing

Nice and relaxing....
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Front desk, very polite, gave up free cookies...... Rooms spacious, comfortable, and professional all in one. Surprisingly, the food in there restaurant on site was delicious. Will definitely come back again; This was my second visit.

Beds were comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

I left my lighted makeup mirror in the room. I called the day after I checked out and it hadn't been turned in. I'm disappointed that it wasn't. Also, the front desk staff was too busy. Lines were long and it was difficult to get a quick answer from them.

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Not My Taste!

Unfortunately the guest directly across the hall from me had dogs. I didn't realized that pets were allowed in this hotel. The dogs barked every single time I walked out of my room. Further, we found "live" medium-sized roaches in our room. The bathroom was "terribly" small. Only one person could fit at a time. My room was not bright and airy. It looked liked a poor renovation job (double-bed). The King-sized bedroom was more decent. (I had two rooms). Lastly, I am a HHonors Rewards person and was not afforded my points since I booked through a 3rd party. This hotel does not make my Recommendation list.

I liked the location being central to all of my activities, beach, dining and the interstate.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Cleanliness and great front desk service

Everything is great

Cleanliness and great front desk service

The place was Ok but the room was dusty.
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The place was Ok but the room was dusty.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great, very pleasant stay, will return soon
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Front desk staff were awesome - especially Tatania - great service !

• King Bed Non Smoking

The room model was so old fashion.
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The room model was so old fashion.

Nice hotel for the value

Clean and comfortable

Awesome

No heater

The room is clean, comfortable bed and pet friendly the front desk clerk is also friendly and I will recommend this place again

Enjoyed my stay and vacation

Quietness

Cleanliness

Cleanliness

It was a perfect place to stay for the event I attended with great facilities.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

The staff were very friendly and helpful

coffee
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

coffee female bartender - not so friendly

Acceptable

No ice on my floor

Nice architecture in room

As i explained before also in the restaurant and bar area...
    • King Bed Non Smoking

As i explained before also in the restaurant and bar area dust everywhere as the need cleaning staff.

Good

Too expensive

I wish I was on a higher floor with a little view.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

I wish I was on a higher floor with a little view.

quiet, clean, comfortable

no free buffet breakfast

quiet, clean, comfortable

The first room they gave us.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

The first room they gave us. Musty, small, dingy Very thin walls, kept up a few nights

It was ok
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

The rooms weren't that great walls are dirty the linens dirty smells old

The pool and jacuzzi area, the lobby was beautiful as well

front desk agents are wonderful!!! all smiles great courtesy skills...

everything!!!

The bedding was so comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

The bedding was so comfortable.

Good escape

Need better toilet toiletries

The bed, pillows and cookies

Doc
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

Needs microwave and vending machine on floors

its okay
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

the room wasn't as clean as it appears. was biten by bed bugs

on property restaurants and courtesy from the employers

Everything was great.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Everything was great. Staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Great location, comp breakfast, awesome pool, great view!!!
    • King Bed Non Smoking

The complimentary happy hour reception was so so.

The complimentary breakfast was fantastic!!!!!!

great place

Did not dislike anything

Liked everything about it

Great hotel
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Breakfast was very good, you can get buffet for $17 a person. Loved the swimming pool and jacuzzi

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Offered a warm chocolate chip cookie at check in.
    • King Room - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Water pressure in the shower was low..

Offered a warm chocolate chip cookie at check in.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Pleasant stay.

The mattress.

All fine except the Mattress was soft to an extent That I left with a back ache. Thanks.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

The privacy, and the staff was friendly
    • Deluxe Double Room Non-Smoking

I request to be place on a higher floor.with a Nice view but the view wasn't great.

The privacy, and the staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Everything was very nice and clean.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

Everything was very nice and clean. The hotel was very presentable and the staff was amazing

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

A hotel without latte or cappuccino!
    • Little Extras King Room

A hotel without latte or cappuccino!! Aughhhhhhhh.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

My Thanksgiving Vacation in Florida
    • King Bed Non Smoking

One of the front desk attendants wasn't so pleasant. Salty attitude

Quiet and cozy. Easy access and conveniently located to freeway and beach

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

great experience.
    • King Bed Non Smoking

excelente room size, great bed, pilow, atmosphere for the price. great attention from the room service.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2016

Clean, quiet.

Shower. No hot water (only warm). Reported it. Was told it was fixed. Same thing next day but worse. Not something you want to find out @ 5 am when you're trying to wake up and head to the airport. Also no hot coffee in lobby until 6:30. Between that and the lukewarm shower, my day did nothing t get off to a good start.

Clean, quiet.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2016

I loved the pool area.

I loved the pool area. Our room was very nice. clean. I had everything we needed. The location was great, right of 95. Not far from the beach. Finally, the staff was the best part! They were extremely helpful and courteous! All and all...a great stay!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

Everybody very helpful--Wil, Maravic(not certain of the...

Breakfast overpriced. Include the breakfast in the price. Or call it a continental breakfast and charge accordingly.

Everybody very helpful--Wil, Maravic(not certain of the spelling.) For us it was centrally located.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

We've visited this property many times in the past and...

Nothing disliked...

We've visited this property many times in the past and it never disappoints us. Friendly staff and comfortable accommodations, as well. Always on our mini-vaca list...lol

• Reviewed: 16 December 2015

Room was clean.

No stores or restaurants in walking distance. Hotel is in final stages of renovation with limited services

Room was clean. Front desk staff friendly and proactive

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

The room was nice and staff was very helpful

Booking.com not sending my reservation in time and arguing with the concierge until they resolving the issue.

The room was nice and staff was very helpful

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

The cookies and the pool.

4th floor hallway smelled like cigarettes, found a dirty sock from a previous guest. We had "debris" floating in all 4 drinks in the restaraunt. When asked at checkout if we had an "amazing stay?" I commented bot really. Restitution was offered with "cookies for the road". What a joke. Never again.

The cookies and the pool. Thats about it.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2015

Hotel is ideal for when I am in the area.

Price of food and no convenience store of any balue

Hotel is ideal for when I am in the area. Location works as it is near my mom, shopping, and the beach

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

Very clean and nice location.

it was almost impossible to connect to the internet. if you need the internet, stay away from this hotel

Very clean and nice location. very pleased in general.

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

The bed linen was wonderful!

Thought food was over priced

The bed linen was wonderful!!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

Liked the beds,very comfy

A bit isolated Bar food came out cold

Liked the beds,very comfy Lovely Breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

Hut tub and pool area

Smell in the bathroom.but at all the stuff was nice

Hut tub and pool area

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

No hot water when taking shower.

No hot water when taking shower. Only warm. But overall good stay

• Reviewed: 10 November 2015

The patio wait staff, Danny was awesome.

Construction

The patio wait staff, Danny was awesome.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Friendly staff

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 April 2015

Customer setvices

Yes he don't care

Customer setvices

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

Liked the reception and hotel staff.

The rooms need to be upgraded and brighter. I found the rooms to be dull and out dated. Pool area depressing.

Liked the reception and hotel staff.

There are also 61 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.