Reviews of Hilton East Brunswick 3 stars

3 Tower Center Boulevard, East Brunswick, NJ 08816, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in East Brunswick

The keys always stopped working to the room but it was taken care of every time.

Everything was perfect. Rooms where cleaned everyday. Staff was nice. Facilities where wonderful.

No fridge in room.

Very comfortable bed & spacious room. All the employees were the most friendly of any place we ever stayed; made you feel special! We were very pleased with our dinner and the service! The Salmon with rice pilaf with a blood orange sauce was fabulous. Breakfast was great & omelettes made to your choice & made to perfection and the chef added to the experience. Fresh fruit, pasteries & all the sides. Coffee great! Well worth to pay for it!! I would recommend to stay here if you’re in the area.

In room decorations feels dated. Only has old regular TV, wifi connection is subpar to say the least. Hotel restaurant is unimpressive, very simple menu.

Easy parking, Really Really friendly staff members even the hotel was very busy during my stay due to one hosting event. 10 minutes commute to tons of great Chinese restaurants.

poor lighting in the room Left my headphones in the room, called up the next day, they were never found, and they never got back to me about them

Good rooms and facilities

earlier stay was on a different floor with a newer renovated bathroom - which was nicer than this stay.

Comforter was warm and lived up to it's name.

Toilet flapper valve had a slight leak which caused a water inflow sound of about 10 seconds occurring every 15 minutes. In addition to being very annoying Hilton is wasting water.

There was a loud room party near us. We alerted the front desk no less than 4 times from 2 am until after 5 am. Security came up with absolutely no results they offered to move us, which in looking back we should have done but at 2,3,4 am seemed unrealistic.. This was very disappointing and not expected from a Hilton. They did comp our room cost but this did not make up for our lost night of sleep.

Nothing is within walking distance ---we ate at the hotel restaurant because there were not any other accessible choices, fortunately the hotel restaurant was good.

Very nice hotel, nice restaurant in the hotel-- food was pretty good.

Shower head didn’t work so we had no adequate water pressure, hubby didn’t like the pillows as they were uncomfortable, no microwave or refrigerator...oh and parking....we checked in for a minute, dropped off luggage and exited the garage and paid $6 for 10 mins....then we were charged $10 on our final bill ...😡😡😡😡😡

The bed was comfy, sofa area was comfy...

I’ve never stayed in a hotel with no refrigerator in the room. In room phone did not work, I had to use my cell phone to call for my car. I stayed Friday and Saturday night and they charged me 18 dollars per day for valet parking

The elevators worked well. Pool was nice.

was treated nasty at the restaurant (the 2 female workers that are on Friday night BIG thumbs down). Shower didn't work properly. the room has unfresh smell upon arrival

was treated nasty at the restaurant. (the 2 female workers on Friday night BIG thumbs down) shower almost didn't work. room had a unfresh smell upon arrival.

Decided to stay an extra night. Was out most of the day. When we returned to the room it hadn’t been turned down. With two small children with us the, trash and wet towels after swimming were piled up. I had called housekeeping and the front desk for service the night of arrival because the room was dusty, and again early morning then again before leaving for the day, only to come back to a mess. We were ignored completely. I also want to note that when I did call the phone rang and rang, then I was put on hold for over 6 minutes. Even the valet wouldn’t answer the call ahead to get my car ready.

I didn't love that we had to pay for parking, but I know that is generally the case wherever you go.

The location was clean and beautiful. Even the elevator was nice! The front desk was extremely helpful and accomodating.Gorgeous water features, spotless rooms, comfy beds and the buffet was hands down best hotel buffet we've ever had!

I have no complaints.

I really appreciated the professionalism and accommodating persona of the staff. Bert, the front desk agent, was very friendly and proficient. He was able to accommodate the needed early check in. Althea was also pleasant and informative. The house keeping staff was helpful and facilities worker was quick in addressing the small concern we had.

Amenities: The bathroom needs work: the tub was not draining and the toilet flushed but didn't completely clear; the water rose and toilet paper would be left behind. Finally, the room could use a fridge. Our biggest complaint, though, is that the staff wasn't responsive to a problem we had in the middle of the night. On our second night we were woken up by a neighboring room around 1am b/c they were blasting the TV, which could also be heard from the hallway. We called down to guest services and they said they'd send someone to talk to them. At 1:40am, we called back; someone at the desk said they'd send someone. At 2:30, we called a THIRD TIME and asked what's going on, and they said they'd call the room directly. We did eventually hear someone knock on their door--because 2 hours later they were *still* blasting the TV--and speak to that guest, who finally turned down the TV. We didn't get back to sleep until 3am; it was infuriating. And at no point did staff call US back to say they'd resolved the issue (or to check that it was). The staff at checkout the next day was apologetic, which was appreciated, but it didn't help that night.

There isn't much to dislike but I didn't enjoy showering. The shower head appears to have only 2 settings. The rooms need to have USB accessibility, not just HDMI.

Cleanliness outside and inside. Courteous personnel. Helpful staff.

Missing from the room was wash clothes and alarm clock. $10. parking fee automatically charged to your room. Only $8. if you don't use the hotel. Hotel charging $2. for billing it to my room, which I didn't have any say in.

We went to relax, POOL,EAT and a KING BED I REQUESTED BUT DIDNT GET!!!Pool was cold and hot tub was too HOT! Couldn't SLEEP becuse NO A/C nor any ventilation in the biggest room also didn't get! Very HOT and uncomfortable STAY and we looked foward to this for weeks!! The HILTON' we expected more from!! We had to call laundry for sheets and blankets for pull out couch! We dont like controvery/ confrontation BUT WE BOTH FEEL THAT WE CAN HELP THE NEXT PERSON!! ALSO"" WE PAID TO PARK!!??BREAKFAST WAS TOO EXPENSIVE;16.99 FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN 5 YEARS AND UP!! IM disabled and valet were understaffed/?? I had to park in the dark garage and WALK to hotel alone with my bags!! NO SECURITY IN THAT HUGE GARAGE!! I cant walk well and i felt UNSAFE!! How would i defend myself if i was approched by a stranger???

IM TRYING TO THINK OF SOMETHING POSITIVE THAT I--WE/LIKED//??? STAFF were nice,friendly and room service was the only positive ammenity i can think of!!!

Within 15 min of our arrival we started having problems. We received 4 room keys and neither one of them worked...as we entered the room we were missing a fridge and a coffee maker...did not have enough towels and toiletries...iron board wouldn't open...we were there for a dance competition and had limited amount of time,nevertheless had to make countless number of phone calls to front desk to fix all of the above problems. We had a second attempt to receive new room keys and..... (drum roll) those did not work either!!! We came back after an evening of dancing and had to deal with this nonsense again!!! And were talked to by whoever brought up new key like we were morons who were unable to open the door. For our inconvenience we received $5.00!!!!!! 😱Gift certificate to Starbucks (REALLY???). Comes day number 2: no one comes to clean our room, no fresh towels, tea or coffee in our room. Keys don't work again. I'm completely exhausted and frustrated at this point to even say anything. Finally discovered an app w digital key ( mind u none of the front desk did not even mentioned about its existence to fix whatever problem they had w key!!!) last evening toilet bowl kept leaking and we had to constantly keep checking on it. At the time of check out, we had no time to complain as we were late for another day of dancing. No one asked how our stay was, we were giving a bill without apologies of inconvenience.

Digital key application on Hilton app

We came so we could be close to a surgical center for my son and had a lovely and relaxing time before something stressful. Everyone so accommodating! The front desk, bell hop and even the maintenance people were all so nice!!! Pool was clean and beautiful! Beds were comfy. We appreciated everyone’s hard work!

Room service took over an hour

The bed was fluffy, the view was great & the front desk team was friendly & professional at check out & check in!

I did not like the restaurant's service, which was extremely slow. But the food is pretty good and the waiters are nice. I also didn't like the fact that my room had no wash clothes, and when I called and requested more they never came. I had to call again in the morning because I fell asleep waiting.

The hotel is beautiful and the room was spacious.

My husband and I had a few days off from business travel before heading to New York so we picked this hotel because it had a restaurant and bar. First of all, it's almost impossible to get to off the highway! It took us 3 tries and by the time we got there, we were already irritated. When we got up to our room, we were disappointed that there weren't microwaves or refrigerators in any of the rooms plus our original room assigned room did not have a bathtub even though we requested one (which the hotel happily moved us to another room.) Our queen suite was nice, but there was an annoying dripping sound from the toilet and the place had the noisiest elevators. For some reason they didn't provide washcloths which may have just been an oversight, but we had already gone down to the front dresk so many times, we said forget it. The room keys were cards that you wave in front of a panel and they didn't work half the time. We ended up just staying in our room at night and getting room service which was very good. It's a nice place, but had a lot of little things wrong.

Gorgeous lobby with a Starbucks and other nice amenities. The check in was easy and the staff was pleasant. Room rate was very affordable.

The coffee pot wasn't in the room and although we called for it, it wasn't brought up. Also, you had to pay for parking. Appliances weren't standard in a deluxe king room.

The room was clean and well decorated. Very inviting. The hallways and rest of the hotel was also well decorated and inviting. The hotel had high tech features.

• Handicap Acccessible King Room

We did not liked when we booked with booking. Com we got a handicap room. It was a good room, but I would have prefer a regular room.

The staff is amazing! Never have we seen such a friendly staff. The check in was awesome, the check out even better! Definitely recommend. We will be back. Loved the environment,, the location , the people. Just excellent!!!!

The restaurant only has a few choices and the waitress was so busy sitting texting on her phone she had people trying to get her attention around the Bar .

When we got into our room the remote for the tv, coffee maker, and fridge were all missing. I called and they brought me a remote. Then our room was 83 degrees. We turned down the thermostat but it only cooled the room to 80.

It was clean and convenient. The beds were really comfortable, especially after a long day. The staff were super friendly

I didn’t like the fact that security didn’t want to really look for my wallet.

I enjoyed the room service, the layout of the hotel, the staff were both friendly and funny.

Parking was $10/night and no free breakfast

The hotel was decorated modern. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was friendly. Very close to state theater and turnpike entrance.

What I didn’t like. When I checked in they informed me that they were going to charge me an additional $18 dollars for valet parking. Went to one of the restaurants for dinner. I found it offensive when one of the bartenders wouldn’t stop talking about political views and being very prejudiced The room was nice. The exception was there was no refrigerator, a/c didn’t work, and the tub/shower diverter was about to fall off

Had a view of two major highways

• Handicap Acccessible King Room

There was nowhere you could take a walk as far as I could tell, but we had a beautiful view of a river from our room.

The receptionist was welcoming and gave us a couple of waters and granola bar for being Hilton members. (This doesn't happen at every Hilton we've stayed.) Very quiet room with a beautiful view of a river below. I saw a great blue heron. Great pool, sauna and hot tub!

• Handicap Acccessible King Room

the elevator wasn't working which is understandable but they said it stopped at every floor it did not ended up taking stairs from the 10th floor. Thought it would be in walking distance to the town wasn't otherwise it was nice.

cleanliness, parking

The back of the toilet seat was missing when we got into the room, there was black mold all over the shower and the sheets has stains on them. I was extremely unimpressed and plan to call and complain. This is not what I expect when staying in a Hilton. There was also no parking available, it look 20 minutes of circling the lot to find one spot which our car barely fit in. In addition the elevators were not working they had to stop at every floor and we used to steps or would have missed our dinner reservation.

Hotel accommodations were excellent, however we stayed for a holiday Christmas party and when it came time for the group to move from the cocktail room to the reception room, they rang a cowbell. It was extremely inappropriate as we are not farm animals. Cocktail hour bars should have stopped serving and the staff should have moved throughout the guests informing them that the reception room was open and dinner would be served shortly.

Front desk staff at check-in and check-out was excellent as was the night staff. Room was clean and the hotel was decorated beautifully for the holiday.

• King Junior Suite

mold in the bathroom, tub had dripping water, Room 1415. Staff was excellent, told front desk about the mold and she gave us free starbucks coffee and muffin as well as water bottles.

Heat was not good. The bathroom was too cold and there was No refrigerator. If ii need ask for extra money. No enough information online about what to expect.

• King Junior Suite

We booked a king sized suite for our family of 4. 2 kids slept in the living room, mommy and daddy in the bedroom. Hotel was lovely, centrally located. Great gym and indoor pool (which our kids loved). There's a Starbucks in the lobby. Hotel looks recently renovated but they seem to have glossed over the bathrooms. The ceiling in our room bathroom had water stains and the bath tub fixtures looked like they were out of 1978. That's really not an issue but its just something I noticed. Suite also had a mini fridge in the living room which is always helpful when traveling with kids. Breakfast buffet was very nice. Our 2 year old was in awe and now likes to play pretend buffet at home!

Valet parking available but price was not posted until I got my bill. I had already tipped the valet. Parking myself was not an option as garage too far from rooms.

Hey, for that price, offer some breakfast. Your competitors are doing it,:)

Location. Staff (Wanda), she was amazing and the lady working night shift too was great. Calm, professional, accommodating request for hugest floor possible, keeping my misplaced car keys.

1. PARKING. Spaces too tight for a Range Rover. Sustained damage to my right rear fender panel. 2 BILLING ERROR: Bill was $270.42. Credit Card charged $285.48 3. The bed sheet dingy. NO BREAKFAST.

Proximity to highways Hallways very clean

I didn't like the fact that I had to pay for parking, if I'm paying to stay at a hotel then parking should be included and not have to pay $10.00 extra for one night

I had left a bag by the valet parking and didn't discover until I got home that night. I called and they were most helpful in retrieving my bag. My brother in law was able to pick it up the next day. Please pass the comments on to security and valet parking people. We be sure to visit again when in the area

I disliked how after driving 4 hours and arriving at midnight my reservation was not in the system. I had to spend 25 minutes on the phone with Booking.com to get it straightened out because they messed up. They do not offer mini fridges in any of their rooms and no microwaves. I had brought some food with me as I have food allergies and thought that I’d just throw the food in the fridge and heat it up when I was ready. Unfortunately I could not. They have a parking garage which you cannot leave until your parking is paid. I paid my parking and asked if I could leave my car there for a couple of extra hours and was told that it wouldn’t be a problem. Well it was a problem and I had to call the hotel and wait for someone to walk over and raise the gate so I could leave. I disagree with having to pay 18 dollars to park my car to then pay for my hotel. This should all be included.

Rooms were very nice. The hotel was beautiful and the restaurant was excellent.

Need more friendly staff at the front desk with a greeting like, "How can I help you?" instead of just staring at you. The parking presents a hassle for $10 /day

Sooooo comfortable and quiet and wonderful - very, very nice place to rest your head.

The front desk staff as well as inconsistency of their basic rules. Not fans of cash payments.

The place is very comfortable and enjoy having a Starbucks on site.

I would prefer the room to be a little more cozy and cleaner.

There is nothing extra ordinary about the room. Just plain comfortable. The restaurant isnt the best but the room service was very good.

If I have my way I would never say goodbye. I liked everything about Hilton Hotel.

Staff service was excellent, roon excellent, all meals excellent, overall Hilton Hotel made my stay an perfect, 😙👌👍✋❤

The staff specially the lady that checked me in had an attitude against me from the second she spoke to me, very unpleasant to be attended by that specific employee, regret not asking for her name.

The hotel is really fancy and it's worth every penny.

The parking ticket machine was broken very inconvenient for me I was Heading out to meet up with a business partner and was held up for 30 mins had to go back in the hotel and had to talk it out with front desk. The problem got resolved great team work I have to admitt

I loved the Gym and hot tub with big swimming pool

• Handicap Acccessible King Room

Comfort of our room. You on site restaurant was a bit expensive also, we had told our waiter that our grandchild was allergic to nuts an asked him for a dish of vanilla ice cream. He brought us ice cream with nuts in it. Had we not caught it she would have been in serious trouble.

We stayed with you because of a wedding we were attending. The hotel was close to the venue and the trolley ride was terrific. Our room accommodations met our needs as we both are, handicapped.

The staff at the desk could have been nicer, I didn't know you just leave your key to check out. I had to ask valet. Staff said when we checked in to come in morning for continental breakfast voucher but no one was there. We had to buy. We upgraded to executive lounge floor and did not know it closes at 8pm???? On a Friday nice so that was 22$ down the drain,

Bed was nice, room very clean and was impressed when I first walked in hotel was very nice

Shower was pretty confusing, but what hotel shower isn't? No free parking. I believe it was $8/day. You also need to get every ticket validated instead of using a room key to get in and out, which was rather annoying.

Very convenient location right off the highway. Room was clean and check-in/out was quick. Bed was the most comfortable I've slept in in a while. There's a Starbucks in the lobby which is nice. The restaurant in the hotel was also fairly good.

The parking should come with the hotels just like every other hotel.$30.00 for three days adds up. Didnt like it at all.

I liked how cleaned the rooms were. But the parking i didnt like as you had to pay $30.00 for three days. It should just come with the hotel like every other hotels.

Staff was not very polite , the check in process took really long and the hold on ur card they made it seem like they were charging you a lot more. When it was just incidentals i had to explain it to a lot of my friends since I also work at a hotel.

That we were not informed they charge an extra 100.00 on credit card when you check in( it is refundable after 3-5 business days) Hotel has no free parking also wasn't informed prior to the check in Double rooms have no refrigerator

Very nice hotel, staff was nice ,

Rather expensive and we still had to pay for parking for every night we stayed there. The outside entrance is very small and was always packed with cars and people. The room had no mini fridge which was surprising considering the price of the room. Will definitely NOT be staying there again.

It was clean.

My only gripe(s), no refrigerator in the double beds room, and ice on only on certain floors?

Fully enjoyed my stay at the Hilton E Brunswick. Helpful and very friendly staff, esp. front desk personnel. Each person I met genuinely cared about our stay, that was so very nice to have.

My reservation through Booking.com stated Breakfast was included, but when I arrived at the Restaurant in the hotel, I was told differently and I had to pay for breakfast. When I inquired at the front desk they told me I had to take it up with Booking.com since they were not made aware of this. That was the only drawback to the trip. The staff at the front desk and all throughout the hotel were excellent!!!!! I always stay here when coming into the area. Not so sure I'll book thru booking.com again

Staff : all excellent and I felt safe and in good hands: Always. Everywhere in site. Excellent location so convenient to all major roadways in NJ. Front desk check in easy! Wait staff in restaurant all on task efficient Food is amazing!!!

The parking, the front desk agent did not explain correctly therefore when exiting the parking lot I had issues. They did not explain about ticket validation. And there was no attendant on duty which further exasperated he matter

The hotel was beautiful and the room comfortable wish the room came with a fridge . Hotel not in a good location for a romantic get away

The desk staff appeared harried and understaffed. Either busy answering a call or taking care of an issue(s) at the desk. And bc of this their service was curt and without a smile - stressfilled. As for the property - it was pleasant looking overall but there was some issues with detail - my bathroom high hat light hung low, the air conditioning the morning of my last day cut off and ceased to work, I was initially assigned a room that wasn't ready for check in as it hadn't been cleaned and the engineering staff was still working on it but I didn't know this until my key didn't work and I was locked out of my room and brought it to the front desk staffs attention and wasn't offered any assistance in moving my already "checked" and unpacked items.

The size of the room and comfort of the bed and bedding

We only interacted with one gentleman on staff. Checking in, he seemed almost perturbed by our presence. He gave us the keys with zero information about our stay like the fact that a key had to be inserted into a "power saver slot" in order to turn on the air conditioning in our room or what time checkout was etc. He went to charge my credit card (without giving me a total might I add) and despite having no trouble with it before or after the event proclaimed it was declined. I asked him to try it again and he refused. My partner ended up producing his own card which went through fine. Looked at the receipt on the way up to the room and realized we had been charged almost an extra $35 over the price we were quoted on booking.com.

The room itself was lovely and clean with plenty of space.

I reserved a room and was told I could have a roll-in bed from the front desk over the phone.. but when we got there they said they don't allow it.

Called concierge with requests twice but what we ordered never arrived. They only had small euro pillows for a king bed. Virtually zero customer assistance. Rooms smelled like mildew.

• King Junior Suite

It would have been great if they could have lent me a charging cord for my phone, which I'd lost at the airport. Surely they must have a lost and found, ... instead of directing me to Walmart 2 miles away....

Great clean inviting atmosphere. Pool and spa were convenient and parking easy to access. Room (king suite) was large but bathroom was small in comparison. Good service from front desk.

Bed were uncomfortable. No refrigerator, had to pay for parking. Nothing was around it!Not close to where I needed to be!

The lobby was pretty. Gym and pool very nice.

Front desk person at check-in was not the friendliest. Starbucks people could have been more accommodating. Gentleman in lobby at information desk was very helpful to me and my grandaughter. I was very appreciative.

Nice clean accomodations

Need to provide bottles of water per room especially Starbucks closes 7pm daily. There should be 24 hours self help coffee/tea station. Also, there is no refrigerator in the room. Someone gave me a birthday cake and I couldn't keep it long as there is no refrigerator. The coffee maker cord is very short and hidden behind the cabinet. I finally brought the whole trade over to desk to make coffee and not everyone knew to do that.

Their Blossom restaurant - the food is good , the hours longer- the only restaurant available.

The parking was very confusing and was a 10 dollar per day charge and

The hotel lobby had a beautiful asthetic and the room was extremely clean and large

First off the bed was amazing it was very comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. The view and design of this hotel was absolutely amazing! One of the staff members named Althea was awesome, kind, and heart warming. She is the type of person that makes the little things count and customer service her number one priority!!

Room had no refrigerator or microwave! Breakfast food wasn't free, was a little cold, and the options were very limited. Lobby security was rude to children. This wasn't NYC or DC so $8 a day for parking was a bit much. Could have probably gotten more from the Holiday Inn up the street.

Excellent waiter at breakfast (a bald Philippine man). Allowed s to check in upon arrival at 12:30pm.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Having to ask for bathroom tissue, fresh towels,bed sheets garbage bags to room service more than 4 times

The bed was like a cloud, the customer service was great Mr Betram the front desk manager was an angel

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Miscommunication on parking. I was told, at the desk, that the parking fee was $8 dollars a day. I paied at the gate twice on my check in date which cost me $4 each time. The slot for hotel cards was trapped over with a sign not to use it. I paid once more on checkout. Then I noticed an $8 dollar charge on my credit card. I over paid but didn't have my receipts handy. No big deal. I am educated for my next stay. I also expected a stand up shower, but my mistake for not requesting it.

As always the Hilton design is classy and i feel like royalty everyone I stay at a Hilton

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Construction at 8 am on a Saturday morning outside my door. Think management should have rented out those rooms. Upgrade to different floor with smaller bed however. Basically a downgrade. With no real attempt to compensate.

Pool and hot tub.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Price, staff was not really friendly, a mess up with no refrig in the room - had to convince them I wanted one, they said since I booked through your company they did not guarantee a frig.. Room service arrived without a fork. Cable kept going out the first night..

Browse Hilton East Brunswick traveller photo gallery