Reviews of Hilton Fort Collins 3 stars

425 West Prospect Road, Fort Collins, CO 80526, USA

#21 of 29 hotels in Fort Collins

3.5

• Executive Floor King Room

Went to check in. We requested a check in time of 1-2pm when we booked the room over a month in advance due to a reservation we had. Went to check in and was told we had to wait until 3. At 3 we went to check in again, and again the room was not ready. We did not check in to well past 3:30. Reservation was at 3:30 so we missed it. The room was an executive king. For$200 I expected a nice room. Room was tiny and not up to $200 expectations. Window wouldnt open because it was off its track. The AC was set on 60 but only blew out slightly cool air so the temp in the room never saw below 75 even at night. There were pastic grocery bags covering what looked like a smoke alarm on the ceiling but was to high up to take off. Figured the hotel would have removed it before letting someone stay in the room. Just not up to a high price expectation. They even made us pay for overnight parking even though we had a room there. Will stay at another hotel at a cheaper price next time we are in town.

The facilities were lacking. No fridge or microwave in the room. It cost extra for these. Continental breakfast was not included. Parking was not included with the room. I felt like everything was “ala cart”. Not par for a Hilton. Also WiFi was not secure unless you paid extra. But to top it off, the train that goes by several times a night and blows the horn was very disappointing. Two of the three nights were not bad but one night was extremely loud. Woke me up 3 times.

The staff was awesome

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I didn’t like that I was charged more than my reservation with booking.com! Second time this has happened! I do not recommend booking.com!

Hilton was luxurious and most likely a business hotel. Room was nice and clean just not spacious. Pool was great. Food was good. Starbucks inside hotel was awesome. Staff was very friendly.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Being awakened by the train whistle way too early in the morning (5:37am on Sunday morning ) No minibar available in the room

The dinner menu is great and well presented

The paid parking. The hotel has a large lot. I can see paying if you are not a guest to attend events. But the hotel guest should not have to pay for parking each day

The property has completed renovations recently and it is a big improvement. The in hotel restaurant and bar are nice, and the menu is reasonably priced.

They did not have our reservation on file, I don’t know who’s end this was a mix up on but it was very inconvenient. Luckily the staff took care of this but for future guests I think this should be fixed. It would have been horrible if they did not have any rooms.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The mattress was older and had lost some support, mostly on the sides creating a big hump in the middle of the bed. The air system kept the temperature perfectly but was a constantly noisy.

The renovated hotel is lovely. The indoor pool and hot tub was clean and well maintained. The new bar/restaurant was very accommodating and the food was great.

There is a separate $8/night charge for parking. The curtains left a crack of light leaking into the room when "closed". I had to overlap them and lean my shoe against them to block the remaining light, and used a towel to block light coming in under the door.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Our room was clean but main floor ladies room was a little dirty...floors towels.

We just left and they billed our card and emailed a detailed receipt. All accurate.

Housekeeping forgot us one day, but once we called that evening they rectified it within an hour or so.

Great common areas and Starbucks in the lobby :). Quick room service even on busy CSU homecoming weekend.

The tub drain was very slow causing water to rise up to my ankles. This is my most HATED thing about hotels. I had to rinse my feet off, after my shower, by standing on one leg at a time while outside the tub. Also, the shower water flow was quite stupid. The low flow rate only makes it take too much time to rinse. I does not really save so much water. It only wastes my time. I do understand why low flow rate heads are used. It is because too many people will abuse the shower by staying in way too long! People ruin things for each other, and themselves!

extremely friendly staff

• Non-Smoking Executive Floor Double Room

surprise! $8/per night for parking.

Great staff, pleasant lounge for waiting, Starbucks opened early, nice breakfast. Had a very European modern feel.

• King Room with Mountain View

This is one of the more expensive hotels in Fort Collins, and while we really enjoyed our views, the fact that we had to pay extra for both parking and WiFi shortened our stay.

I thought the price was too expensive. We had to pay for parking which was ridiculous. Eight dollars a day. And you had to pay for the wifi. The ice machines were slow. It was not worth my money.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff was not well educated about the kitchen close time. The ladies room off the lobby was out of hand soap and paper towel. The food in the restaurant was average and expensive. The Starbucks did not accept giftcards and the staff was rude.

The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Did not like knowing that we would have to pay for parking.I probably would of made a different choice in hotels. Guess there starting to be like airlines now.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Location to CSU is great nice place for parents. Good job with breakfast. Staff very friendly

Nice hotel. Under construction so it will be better when the updates are completed

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• King Room with Mountain View

The hotel was under renovation so there was A LOT of construction noise (we kept thinking someone was knocking on our door) and workers walking around with paint buckets, etc. The pool was closed due to construction. The small gym was open and clean which was nice. There was a local fund raiser the evening we stayed so the lobby was packed with people and most of the downstairs area was closed to hotel guests. We went out to dinner and had a terrible time finding a place to park when we got back due to the event crowd. Feels like if you are a paying guest who also pays a separate fee for parking you should be assured a spot in the lot? We tried repeatedly to order room-service breakfast but could never get an answer when trying to call it in. We only had decaf coffee in the room which didn't matter because our little coffee maker didn't work. We gave up, checked out and went to breakfast. I think there is potential here. The location was really good and overall it is (or will be) a very nice hotel. We may give it another try when we visit again but I would give it about a D+ based on this visit. 😐

The bed, bedding and pillows were fantastic. The bathroom nicely done and decorated. A/C temp control worked perfectly. The location was really good for our visit to CSU. The mountain view - beautiful!

Oops, see former section

Very poor setting of restaurant, no proper table for breakfast, swimming pool closed. Big group or congress being the only party that people cared for. I did not feel like a customer at all, more an intruder

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Room

Location of the room. I was too tired to go and ask to be moved. It must have been a room transfer recently because there were pee stains on the toilet.

Although under construction the workers were not working at an early time

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Double Room - Disability Access

There is a train nearby that whistles-by occasionally. Not a great problem but does make noise. Refurbishing was not a problem except that the water was turned off once during the day hours. Really should have decreased the cost for that day or give a free breakfast. Obviously an older hotel but did not bother me.

Stayed for 4 days. Staff was very helpful. Had annoying noise in the room. Complained on the third day. The complaint was addressed seriously and I was moved rooms.Very close to CSU and Vet School. Close to food sources - small fast food and good grocery - whole foods etc. Thirty minute walk to downtown.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

There was no hint that the hotel was in a major reconstruction stage. In effect, it was a mess. Staff did the best they could.We will look for another hotel when we have to return to Fort Collins in January. I was surprised your service didn't warn us.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Queen Room

the hotel is under major renovation, and we were not told this was to be happening at the time we were to be visiting the Hilton. Noise began early in the AM..dust everywhere, restaurant bar facilities very limited...concierge room, limited service as well....not too pleasant, fortunately only there for a few days.... Billing was incorrect, however, hotel staff was able to correct the errors within 24 hours....

Under the circumstances, the staff was so willing to be helpful with issues....they should be complimented highly for the services provided as the hotel is under a major renovation.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The only reason for a low score on facilities was a massive construction project, rendering the entire center of the hotel sealed off. I'm sure when the project is done, their in-house amenities will be fantastic!

Fantastic location

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

The hotel is presently under remodeling and that was not clear at the time of reservation.

Location is great if you are doing business with Colorado State University

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel was a building site. I was not made aware that the public areas in the hotel were undergoing reconstruction. If I had known this I would have booked elsewhere. Also, the area around the hotel has major construction at the moment. Unless you need to be near CSU I suggest you stay away from this hotel until the work is complete, around March 2017 I understand.

Good location next to CSU

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

For the buffet breakfast, the scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes etc. were presented in uncovered serving platters, so they were always cold. However, the omelet service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The guy who checked us in was not nice or welcoming. He never smiled or said hello. We already had a bad day because our flight was cancelled and then we had to deal with this overpriced hotel and his bad attitude. Also there was no free continental breakfast! This place was no better than americaninn or best western......actually americaninn and best western are better. I will not be staying at a hilton ever again! What a waste of money.

Nothing. I would say there were no bugs in my room but thats not true....there was a nuisance moth in our room that kept flappin its big wings all night.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

Tv cable kept going out. Breakfast Buffett food not great. Now they charge for parking because others abused there lot. Why should the guests pay for parking. Only those nit supposed to be there should pay really adds up so makes value decrease

Location great. Bed comfy

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Executive Floor Double Room

Rate is very high comparing to the market in fort collins, brakefast very poor,few items since years nothing is changed.the caroet in the rooms always dusty.

Staff specialy front desk,executive lounge service in week days,location,..special thanks to mr Ramy and the helpful old lady who serve in the lounge through week days.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• King Room with Mountain View

Nothing include. You must pay for parking even though they have a huge private lot. These days wifi should be free for basic use. Location only good for those going to the college campus.

pets allowed, nice staff let us check out at 1

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

Room was borderline shabby: cheesy bed skirts, chipped furniture, broken picture frame. Shuttle van was dirty; the driver did not even greet us and didn't help with the door when I had difficulties opening it. Too much money for the quality offered.

The front desk staff were very pleasant and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

I figured breakfast would be complimentary being I paid close to $200 for an okay room, instead they charged me $15 to eat some fruit and an english muffin.

The room was nice

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

No microwave, no free breakfast, very high priced. Would not refund my money for the night I couldn't make it it due to my flight being cancelled. Had to pay for parking. Had to pay $15 for breakfast and it was just okay.

Nothing stood out for the price. Staff was friendly at front desk

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

See above comments

Nothing! No doorman upon check in Rude check in man at desk Front of hotel lobby door are filthy Charged extra for the huge outdoor parking lot

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

a/c wouldn't get below 69 degrees until the middle of the night. Called maintenance and they said the units were regulated and he couldn't adjust it.

Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

No Booking.com reservation was loaded in their system for me.

Car broken into staff was not responsive and very dismissive. Ants in room.

View

It was clean

• Queen Room

Our room was on the same level as the hotels heating and air conditioning equipment. Had a constantly humming.

Staff woke us up at 8 am, twice, which was very annoying

Room was very nice

No free wi fi. No refrigerator or microwave. Hair drier didn’t work. Paid parking. Had to ask for toilet paper.

I couldn’t stay longer

Food was amazing.

The staff was very accommodating and answered all my questions .

• Executive Floor King Room

I absolutely loved thw text messages asking if everything was up to my standard.

No dislikes at all

Closeness to cause as I was visiting my daughter in college!

• Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

My wife and I were treated like VIP's. This was one of the best hotel stays ever.

wow, no mini-fridge!

comfy, nice facility,centrally located

Price is way too high

Location to stadium was great.

Front Desk i

• King Room with Mountain View

It was old and broken and very unimpressive.

Front desk gal was wonderful.

They charge the WiFi 10$

Pool

• King Room with Shower - Disability Access

Charge for parking in addition to room.

Clean.

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I did not like how there was no complimentary breakfast or complimentary wifi.

I liked how comfortable the beds were.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Non-Smoking Executive Floor Double Room

Cost for parking. Bar, lounge area, cost for what you get. Location.

The elevator!!!!

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

UNDER construction. You literally walked thru plastic tunnels to get to you room.

Very quiet

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Temporary construction

Quality of complimentary breakfast; friendly staff; pet-friendly; great location.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

No claims

Very nice facility (even, when temporary under refurbishment), good service, impressive rooms size

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Added parking charge, renovation, price for 1 night.

Location, staff, bed.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• King Room with Mountain View

Charging for parking & Internet.

The complimentary shuttle to Old Town!!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Front desk always busy because of 1 staff member only there

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed

No refrigerator in the room.

Near CSU and car rental.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Executive Floor Double Room

Room was run down. Ceiling had missing spots of acoustic.

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Uncomfortable old beds. Thread bare furniture. No lounge chairs next to pool. Pool area did not seem very clean and it was pretty old. They should not charge for parking. Just put it in the base price. Dirty shuttle.

Staff was pretty nice. Great location near bike trails.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

This hotel obviously hasn't been updated in a while, which is okay, but our room was pretty dirty. The vent for the HVAC outflow was filthy. Maybe that is why I couldn't get our room to cool off at all. The outside of our windows were hard to see through because they were so scummy. Not what I expected for the price.

The location is great. Very close to the sweet part of the city. Transit is close by.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2016

I didn't like paying for parking. I expect that at a downtown hotel in San Francisco, but not for a surface lot in Fort Collins.

The room was very well decorated as was the hotel. I also liked the 12 noon checkout time.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

The rooms didn't have mini fridges which made it difficult with baby bottles and leftover food.

Location was great and hotel shuttle was a life saver.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

The hotel was dirty, never vacuumed (room or floor), black hairs in my shower that were never cleaned over the week, the sheets had black stains on them, they never refilled the water bottles I drank, the elevator was filthy, they never refilled the breakfast door card for morning delivery after day one, and the breakfast buffet was cold, not stocked, and the omelet was dry and overcooked. I was astounded at the poor experience, as I chose this hotel because it was supposedly the best in town, and most expensive. I travel a lot for business and would have overlooked these things, had it been anything but a Hilton. I'm a business owner who prides myself on the personal experience when my clients walk through the door. This was anything but!

The only saving grace was the room service. It was excellent and the food was super delicious!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

Lost my reservation spent more than hour on the phone to resolve three calls Key cards didn't work replaced 5 times Young inexperienced staff with poor communication skills Restaurant staff seem to be disorganized

• Reviewed: 26 April 2015

It looked like someone had punched our lampshade and no one had thought to replace it and there was some confusion as to the location of breakfast.

Liked how late the pool was open and the cleanliness of the hotel and rooms.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Nobody at check in desk when I checked in (around 11:45 pm), amd had to ask someone at bar where to find desk clerk. Rooms very small and dated/in need of remodel (popcorn ceilings, worn carpet, cracks in bathroom tub). I stayed two nights, and each night you could hear noisy trains in the middle of the night. Had to pay for WiFi and no complimentary breakfast.

Comfortable bed, clean linens and newer towels. Very close to Colorado State University, which I was tpuring with my son.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2015

Would have liked to have a room on first floor or second due to having a pet We were on 4th floor and quite far from elevators

That you did accept pets and the closeness to CSU ( with in walking distance)

• Reviewed: 2 February 2015

The only thing we didn't like was the King bed was short for my 6 foot husband.

Favorite thing about this Hilton is the lobby. Enjoy relaxing with a drink in the bar.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2015

The poor was very very COLD! grandchildren had hard time getting it the pool because of the temperature. The only other thing was the restaurant was not very large more of a bar atmosphere.

Room was very large and excellent views of the foothills. Lobby was beautifully decorated. Very clean. Check in staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again

• Reviewed: 12 January 2015

They two things that were not up to their standards the pool was very very cold. They also did not have a restaurant other than a small bar type area.

Decorated beautifully for the Holidays. Large room with great views of the mountains. Comfortable beds. pleasant staff.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.