Reviews of Hilton Fort Worth 4 stars

815 Main Street, Downtown Ft. Worth - Sundance Square, Fort Worth, TX 76102, USA

#27 of 90 hotels in Fort Worth

Super, super, comfortable!

The ceiling had some water damage and the top was peeling off. The bathtub was clogged.

Super, super, comfortable!! That bed, pillows, blankets, AMAZING!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Nice historic hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

It rained like cats and dogs while we were there and there were leaks all over the 2nd floor w/buckets and damp carpet - but the hotel is almost 100 years old. Our room seemed very humid too.

Nice historic hotel. Nice bar area. Staff was very attentive. Historic ballroom where JFK gave his last speech. Food at retreat was good!

Very disappointing. Not even as close to cow town as stated on the internet discription.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I didn't like that you stated on line that the breakfast was complimentary and then charged 14.95 for the breakfast. The definition of complimentary by Miriam Webster is: 2 : given free as a courtesy, as in favor complimentary tickets. SO, basically your website is false advertising as well as anything you have on Expedia etc.

Very nice facilities, professional staff, short walk to...

With valet-only parking required and nightly cost for a standard king room, the overall value was not worth the price for our one night stay. Felt like we paid for name only.

Very nice facilities, professional staff, short walk to Sundance square and surrounding restaurants and museums

The room and service were excellent and we look forward to coming back again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Waiting for an elevator can take a while when you’re trying to leave, so try to head down early.

The property was clean, at a great location and has access to different events and restaurants within walking distance.

Bed is comfortable.

Tv did not get any signal. They gave us one big towel for two people and like 20 hand towels. 30$ for overnight parking is insane.

Bed is comfortable. Rooms are big.

Mike the supervisor was the nicest.
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible with Roll In Shower

Mike the supervisor was the nicest. We were staying for my fiancé’s birthday and he upgraded our room complimentary. The room and floor was amazing, access to the executive lounge was also amazing. Thank you guys!

Hotel was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Upon booking I had no idea that the hotel only offered valet parking. This information was not in the booking website’s hotel description and would’ve been useful before booking to better budget our weekend stay.

Hotel was very clean. The staff was nice. We enjoyed that it was a historical place. The valet parking was nice.

My room had a faulty shower head and it took 45 minutes for...
    • King Corner Room

My room had a faulty shower head and it took 45 minutes for it to get fixed. I was late to my dinner reservation because of this. Also there was a water leak from the room above that dripped down and would hit the toilet. Not impressed with this Hilton at all

A barely acceptable hotel for a business trip - not a vacation venue.

This hotel is very tired. It is well overdue a ‘facelift’. Some good points but you can’t get away from it being a drab environment.

Staff were great as was the breakfast.

Location is extraordinary, hotel a bit too pricey, however, for us to stay again.

We were very disappointing with not being able to see outside from our room. Had we known the room would have no natural light, we would have made a special request for one that was less like a cave. The room was extraordinarily large, decorated nicely, and comfortable.

Location of hotel is excellent, not far from all of the downtown restaurants and attractions, with several places right across the street and next door -- even though hotel feels slightly out of the busiest parts -- which can be a good thing! Staff in restaurant for morning coffee was very anxious to please and very accommodating even though we only had coffee. Our room was huge but it was a little disconcerting with windows facing into a conference area on the second floor. We liked the history of the hotel and the historic photos from the day JFK and Jackie stayed there before the fateful trip to Dallas. Being next door to the JFK memorial was nice. If was fun, also, being able to compare the hotel then and now.

Lovely Hotel with a few small flaws. You could do far worse for more $$

Bathrooms very out dated. Not a show stopper

The Valet parking was very fast and all of the staff are well presented. The lobby is joined to Starbucks for a breakfast on the run. A good selection of restaurants are close by within easy walking distance. The hotel has a nice park and monument within a moments walk. The evening and morning traffic was easy to work with. 15 minute drive down Main Street to the Stockyards. Suggest using Uber at night.

My bed never got mad and when they decided to come make it they opened my door while I’m sleeping at 6am with a do not disturb sign hanging. Female bartender has a chip on her shoulder. And I hand to clean the fesies off the bathroom wall the day I got in. Disgusting at best

Good location, starbucks coffee inside (connected to the...

Room had a coartyard view, which is basically no view at all and in order to keep privacy I had to keep curtains on all the time. No daylight, which makes room gloomy.

Good location, starbucks coffee inside (connected to the hotel), nice lounge in the room

Great hotel to stay in when going to enjoy Sundance Square and downtown Fort Worth

The only negative is the expense of the valet.

Loved everything about the hotel. The bed is comfortable, the room was clean and well designed. We will be back

For the price it was not nice

The AC would not cool unless I put it on 60. Every 30 mins there was a "banging" noise...like old pipes. The TV kept loosing its signal(they did replace the TV in the room). In the shower there was a large area in the ceiling that had a water leak that look like they just patched over it..Considering this Hotel cost almost $200 a night I would have expected it to be must better.

We did call about the TV and they came within 5 mins to replace the TV and then gave us 2 coupons for Starbucks. The breakfast had a large variety of items to chose from. I did like the fact that the hotel was in walking distance of everything in Sundance Square

Comfortable room great staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Only suggestion I have is for the bathroom; there is no magnifying mirror and they missed the shampoo. All the other products were excellent quality.

The beds were very comfortable, the pillows nice and fluffy.

I wouldn't stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The service. We are group of 4 in a 2 double bed room. Parents and 2 grown up children. But in the room there were always 3 towels and tow cups. We had to call the reception every day. And one day we came back from outside around after 2, the room hadn't cleaned yet. We ask the front to clean the room, one hour later still the room hadn't clean. Around 4 pm, still not clean. We asked the maid who was just outside of the room to clean. But she showed the list of room to clean and our room wasn't on the list. At the end, return the front and called the manager. Then they sorted out. But we are so disappointed with this Hilton. We have never had such a service in the past anywhere in the world.

The location.

The furniture is old and run-down.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

The furniture is old and run-down. There was a bad smell in the room although the hotel put an additional air cleaner in the room. I selected another hotel when returning to FW 5 days later.

Ok
    • King Corner Room

Room was represented as a corner room, room 802, however it had no more view or space than a standard room, was not worth the cost of the upgrade

Location good

I stay because I am a hilton member not because we love this particular hotel.

Room 506 The bathroom does not have enough counter space for two people - really not enough for one person. Glasses were needed in bathroom for brushing teeth - there were no glasses for use. We were assigned a handicap access room and was not needed for our reservation. Electrical outlet by bed and desk did not charge phone - had to move phone across room to lamp outlet to get charging (inconvenient when that is also your alarm).

We like the location to steak restaurants in downtown FW.

Real bed!!!
    • King Corner Room

It was my son's wedding and I have to stay in lobby for a 50 min , because they couldn't find my reservation. Bride has to go to buthroom to change, I didn't have time to take shower and they give us real poor room, because they can't find my original room. When they find my original reservation, they didn't bother to call me and put us in room I reserved. It was very stressful experience, ruin my day. I hope you will do something about it.

Comfortable bed and bedding.

Water pressure in shower went in and out a few times. No pool.

Comfortable bed and bedding. Excellent blackout curtains. Good temperature in the room. Didn't need to use, but liked that room included mini fridge and personal safe.

Loved Everything About this Place!

Really, can't think of a thing.

I loved everything about this hotel! First off, the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. They took pride in their work--a rare treat these days. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the bed a king-sized oasis of comfort. The location couldn't be beat--across the street from the Convention Center, 2 blocks from Sundance Square with plenty of great restaurants in walking distance. Loved the historical connection with JFK and the pictures and text about him around the hotel. I liked that they kept restocking the bottled water. Especially appreciated "Papa Mike's" map of happy hour locations!

Great staff, but the hotel ok.

We were placed in a room that had no showerhead. A reasonable explanation was given and we were immediately moved to another room, with the assistance of the manager on duty, and breakfast vouchers were provided. The bathroom floor was extremely slippery. The bathroom had no exhaust fan. I would expect a hotel of this rating to provide microwave ovens in the rooms and a hotel pool. The room safe had to be fixed. No ice machines, but small bags of ice were provided by the front desk personnel. A shuttle to and from the hotel would be nice. On a couple of occasions, we noticed vagrants and/or panhandlers outside the hotel. Again, all staff we came in contact with were excellent!

The hotel staff was extremely courteous and helpful. I feel like they were doing everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. Unfortunately, there were some things beyond their control.

Nice but not worth the $$$$$$

No water pressure in shower , elevators work very very slow and only offer valet parking ! Whom damaged my car

Nice location , love the fitness center and star buck coffee shop on location

Friendly Staff, Questionable Cleanliness, Poor Water Pressure
    • King Corner Room

I did not feel my room floors were adequately cleaned before or during my visit. There was debris on the floor in the room when i first arrived and the same debris remained in place the entire time. Because of this I question the skills of the entire house cleaning staff. The rooms were too dark even with all the lamps on in the room. I found the 24 hour recycle for the wireless to be a big pain since I was there for 5 days. The water pressure on the 7th floor was absolutely terrible. If someone flushed a toilet the water would actually stop running in the shower for a few seconds. Seemed to be no way to checkout electronically in the room.

Staff very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Room next door loud hotel did nothing at 1140pm when...

See above

Room next door loud hotel did nothing at 1140pm when custodial staff heard it. Every 20 minutes a:c unit kicked on And off so loud it would wake you. Windows allowed outside traffic noise to 4th floor.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Check-in time for an overnight stay should be earlier than 3pm.
    • King Corner Room

In terms of a one night stay, I don't like paying $300/night and not being able to check-in to my room until 3pm considering check-out is noon the next day.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Great Hotel, Great service!
    • King Room - Mobility Accessible with Roll In Shower

Bed was awesome! Room was super quiet--couldn't hear any other noise. Hotel staff repaired a leak from our tub that was causing leak to room below us. Hotel gave us $20 credit at Starbucks for any disruption to our stay. Great service & unexpected reward.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

We didn't have breakfast there at the hotel.

We have no complaints. We are planning another trip to Fort Worth.

We didn't have breakfast there at the hotel. We liked the location and walked to the nearby restaurants. We took an Uber to the Botanical Gardens.

Great location, staff makes promises they don't keep
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

We needed three air mattresses and the staff said they would have them ready upon arrival and they didn't. So when we finally received them, we only got three and there were holes in both of them. So essentially two of us slept on the floor. They did however bring us brand new ones for Saturday night after we called and complained. The night person at guest services was unbelievably rude and was not helpful at all whenever we initially complained about the faulty mattresses. I'd also like to add that the shower in our room needed to have the drain snaked so bad. The drainage was horrible! The last thing, I booked these rooms back around January and asked multiple times to have adjoining rooms and they didn't pull through on that. In fact, we were two floors apart. So I'd say they aren't very good at keeping promises.

I really loved the location and the history behind the building. Not to mention the quick elevators.

Great experience. Great location with lots of activities for everyone!😍
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I had trouble connecting with wi-if. Ended up using my cell phone as a wi-fi hot spot.

Staff were excellent as always. Very clean, quiet, great location😍

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

OK
    • Executive King Room

We occupied Room 1119 which was OK with the exception that a loud bang approx every 20-30 minutes continued in the wall behind Sofa for our whole stay. Australian like pure Butter not White Whipped rubbish

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

No point in paying nearly $400 and not be able to take shower.
    • Deluxe King Corner Room

Turned on the shower it had little pressure. Regardless, I needed to take a shower. Then mid shower It went from little pressure to a simple drip stream out of the shower head. Also, there was no hot water along with the little drip stream. I then had to rinse the shampoo and soap off by cupping water with my hands from the sink. Not fun.

Staff who brought us our breakfast were friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Enjoyable stay!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible

The fan in our room was a little loud and it was difficult to control the temperature. Our shower curtain was stained at the bottom. Elevator #3 shook to the point that it was disconcerting to us and other passengers.

We love the location and the staff was very nice and helpful!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Good Location but Overpriced
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The elevators are in need of an immediate upgrade. Overpriced for Area and what you get. Fort Worth isn't ATL so 200 per night is ridiculous. (That was a discount rate.)

Close to food and convention center. Spacious rooms, free WiFi. No self parking but plenty of nearby parking lots and street parking is free on weekends.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Location was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Was very disappointed there was not a pool or hot tub or sauna at this hotel. I would have stayed elsewhere (for a lot less money) if I had known.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

The bed was very comfortable, and the rooms were really...

We tried to check in early, and the front desk said they'd call us when the room was ready. We waited as long as we could before going back to see if another room might be available, and then found out that ours had been ready for a while.

The bed was very comfortable, and the rooms were really quiet.

Very clean
    • Executive King Room

Can't think of anything

Bed comfortable.

Trash wasn’t emptied. TV kept losing signal.

Bed comfortable.

The room was very dark as was the walls and furnishings

The room was very dark as was the walls and furnishings

The location to the venue for BTS concert.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The WiFi. Even the tv didn’t function properly. That’s it.

The location to the venue for BTS concert.

Location, history, elegance, classic style, great ambience

No pool!

Location, history, elegance, classic style, great ambience

Weekend in Ft Worth
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Allergy Friendly

No Ice Machine on Floor

Very clean Loved the Decor and the Chair

This is the only place in Ft Worth I will stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Everything was wonderful. No complaints.

They went above and beyond with everything we needed.

bed comfortable

the pillows

bed comfortable

Staff was excellent

Bed wasn't comfortable and furnishings were worn - chair was tacky

Staff was excellent

The hotel was clean and close to lots of places to eat and drink.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The location is great and restaurants and bars are in close proximity. The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. The bar was really nice too.

It was ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

It was fine room was hot breakfast was aweful

Staff

I was overcharged on valet parking, 2 days instead of one
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

ac didn't keep the room cool.

bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Rooms

The location of the Hotel bar...

Location. Friendly staff.

Humid room

Comfy bed, Starbucks onsite, friendly staff

Beautiful hotel. Perfect location for what we needed. Great entertainment district.

Uncomfortable beds, hard as a rock

Uncomfortable beds, hard as a rock

Trash wasn’t emptied from previous guests.

Trash wasn’t emptied from previous guests.

I did not like the overall dated look of the lobby and the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

I did not like the overall dated look of the lobby and the layout of the bar.

Really like all of the Kennedy history and quotes

Missing shampoo and bathtub faucet dripped when off.

satisfactorily

the water draining was slow

the staff was friendly and made you feel at home

Breakfast was awesome

Great Service

Great Service

fancy place.

rooms are hot, house keeping not aware of their surroundings

fancy place. Great location

It was great.

Room and weird loud noise throughout the night.

Beautiful and nice location

Loud noise from the a/c unit.

Loud noise from the a/c unit. Old elevators.

Bed very comfortable

Could not see out of Windows due to condensation

Bed very comfortable

Location was great

The price was high

Location was great

Nice but little amenities overlooked.
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

No towels upon arrival in room and no toiletries. Would have liked bottled water in room.

Location...resturant locates in the hotel.

Dont go there . 2 stars maximum

Everything. Rooms, food ( terrible), service

Not satisfied at all!!!

AC whistled every time it came on. VERY annoying, unable to sleep!!!

Room was clean

Forth Worth has a great downtown that has a small town feel. We really enjoyed our stay.

$28 valet parking ... this should be included with HH

would go back
    • King Corner Room

very friendly nice staff very clean

It was ok

The roaches in the room

The staff was friendly

Brilliant
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Papa Mike set us up for the evening with area attractions. Great time for a bunch of guys visiting Ft. Worth.

Great time in the Fort!
    • Double Room with Two Double Rooms

Parking is expensive. Facilities are dated.

Wonderful staff. Lovely location. Clean facilities

I loved Fort Worth and the Hotel is a very short walk from the train station.

Took a while to find a drinking glass in the room.

Extremely comfortable bed. Very nice hotel.