Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Albany Medical Center 3 stars

62 New Scotland Avenue, Albany, NY 12208, USA

#10 of 40 hotels in Albany

• Queen Evolution Room

Hot tub closed (the stay was mainly for the family to relax in the pool and hot tub so it hit extra hard). Staff at restaurant was eh. The host person seating us seemed agitated because when we first walked in, there was no one at the desk or around to seat us, so we thought we had to seat ourselves. You'd think that he'd be more apologetic that no one was there to help instead of agitated by our assumption.

Clean property. Clean and comfortable rooms. Pool nice. Great location in safe area. While small parking lot, the staff was very helpful in making sure our parking was free. Front desk staff was very good.

• King Accessible Room with Bath Tub

Didn’t love the pillows, dirty wine glass by the elevator there at night and still there in the morning, only left one regular kcup coffee, instead of two regular coffees (however, the next day, they left four).

The staff was very friendly and efficient, housekeeping was very quick to respond, very nice service. Very clean.

• Queen Evolution Room

Friendly staff and location was good, also that to get to the rooms in the elevator you had to have a key card so it seems safer that not just anyone could get up to where the rooms were. I liked the face there was an option to go to Starbucks with in the hotel. I also liked that there was a pantry type store where you could get snacks or frozen meals such as 🍕 or spaghetti in case you didn't want to leave the hotel.

• Queen Evolution Room

The breakfast was yummy and fresh, and the staff were very friendly and very accommodating. My first night sleep wasn't the greatest as the pillows were off for my liking, but I asked for more pillows and my 2nd night of sleep was much better. The hotel is very conveniently located if you have anything to do with Albany Medical Centre. I would recommend this hotel and stay again.

• Queen Evolution Room

Maybe change the brand of Toilet paper and Kleenex. What you currently using has a rough texture.

Breakfast, the staff, awesome restaurant crew, staff respectfully. Wonderful Pool and spa. Best choice, awesome location! Over all 5 star.

• Queen Evolution Room

I spent 20 minutes checking in because booking.com created my reservations incorrectly - they reserved the room under my first name twice and didn't use my last name so at check in the hotel couldn't find my reservation. They finally asked my address and found it but it took way too long - my address should have been the next question after they couldn't locate my reservation using my name-

The rooms were nice and the beds were comfortable

• Queen Evolution Room

I have stayed here several times and love the convenience to Albany Medical Center, as well as having a bank, a coffee place, and an excellent restaurant all within the building.

• Queen Evolution Room

We had window side room to the hospital and the sound of the hospital ambulances and helicopters was loud. We also had one disappointed 10yr old because we didn't get to use the pool or hot tub...it was packed by what looked like a very large family or group of young kids and was much smaller in person than it looked online. We chose this hotel paying more money than 2 other hotels we looked at with pools because the other places showed the pools were closed for Reno in their reviews. I also have to say when I booked I played more for breakfast for 2 adults and 1 child..when we arrived for breakfast I was told that only yhe 2 adults were on the list and kids 10yrs old are half price.. the lady was VERY nice about it and we ended up not paying for our daughter who ate like a mouse anyway. The room was clean and beds were comfortable..the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We ate at the Sports bar and grill attached to the hotel and the food was good and reasonably priced. All in all our stay was good.

It was nice, clean and comfortable

• Queen Evolution Room

The heating/cooling system is too loud.

The location is perfect for visiting our med school student. The breakfast was great! Having Starbucks, Panera and a sports-bar right down stairs is very convenient. Parking is included.

• Queen Evolution Room

I didn’t like the fact that others that traveled with us were given a price 70$ less than my price and they were given 3 tickets for Breakfast ... We had a attached room and I paid 71 $ more for My stay .. went to desk to see if I could pay price they did and was told ..NO you made your reservations ahead of time .. my friends I’m attached rooms had mistakingly booked at another Hilton Garden in Albany and your staff cancelled her room at other facility and gave her a much better rate than me and gave them free breakfast. We were there for my dtr graduating from Corrections academy and my husband is a retired corrections office and it was important for us to be there, I feel your staff should have dropped my price to match the attached room yet told me no .. I was penalized for booking at the appropriate hotel , also the bed was very hard causing my husband uncomfortable sleep and back pain ... the facility wS in perfect place for our plans but I feel I was treated unfairly by desk help in not adjusting the rate to match the rate the attached room of family paid ... I am a nurse manager for a large corporation in Albany area and will not reccomend this hotel based on my unfair treatment regarding the rate

Crispy bacon

• King Room - Evolution

Location was not ideal for the purpose of my stay.

I was visiting for the bar exam. The hotel was prepared and useful information and all needed exam essentials (bags, pencils, water bottles with no label etc ) were set out in the lobby. Special transport to exam was organised. Very thoughtful.

• Queen Evolution Room

It was a little loud - could hear everything in the hallway. But it was quiet overnight.

Nice facility - tastefully decorated. Not your typical hotel decor - I’d actually like my home to be decorated the way this place was decorated!

• Queen Evolution Room

not as many restaurants in close walk ~ it was cold outside to walk too far.

It was close the the university, which we were visiting. Nice to have a starbucks downstairs.

• King Room - Evolution

Really my only complaint was the coffee. It was very strong and very bitter. Also didn't like the fact that it's only offered during breakfast instead of all day. It would be great to have it, and maybe tea available by front desk 24hrs for frequent coffee drinkers. Would be a nice touch.

The breakfast was delicious with many varieties od hot and cold food and beverage. Eggs, omelettes, pancakes, French toast etc are cooked to order fresh. The pool was a little chilly for me personally but I did enjoy the hot tub. Location was great for downtown activities and eateries, and across from hospital for convenience as well. Room was comfy and clean.

• Queen Evolution Room

The fridge in the room was broken, we addressed the issue with the front desk and t hey told us someone would be up to replace/fix it. No one ever came during our stay. (Needless to say we needed to throw out our leftovers! & couldn't chill our wine)

• Queen Evolution Room

I was there for parents' weekend at my daughter's college. There was no discounted rate and breakfast was remarkably expensive. Not a family friendly place in terms of cost.

• Queen Evolution Room

Information about parking lot on the website (like, WHERE is it? and how NOT to end up in the hospital parking garage), and then, once there, CLEAR SIGNAGE to keep you from driving into the parking garage.

Roomy, clean, nice view; very friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast, convenient bar/grill on first floor.

• Queen Evolution Room

Breakfast was too pricey. I asked for a new hairdryer, which I may have gotten but the second one was slow - it barely blew air, which made getting ready a huge hassle.

I liked the fitness center and that there was a Starbucks downstairs.

• Queen Evolution Room

I could easily hear people at times mostly when they were talking in the hallway, opening and closing their doors, etc, I wish the door had more noise blocking ability.

The room was very clean, and the bed was very comfy. I liked that there were three pillows of different softness to pick from.

• Queen Evolution Room

The fire alarm went off at 11:00pm Friday night. Had to evacuate down 6 flights of stairs. Waited outside for about 40 minutes. Got a letter of apology from the hotel. No compensation for inconvience and being frightened.

Clean, good bedding, great location.

• Queen Evolution Room

Elevator is super slow, but the building has just five floors so it is managable.

Nice room, okish breakfast (omlete station, but no cheesee and vegetable stations). Very friendly reception!

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

We only had 2 towels in are room,No kleenex ,are key to get in the room did'nt work in the elevator which was very frustrating and probably the most uncomfortable bed ever. Sorry but just being honest .

• King Room - Evolution

Parking was pretty bad. The lot was very small, was told to just park any where that isn't blocking another car. It didn't have to be a parking spot. And I checked in at 4:30 and the lot was full.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

The staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was really good, clean and very professional. I would stay they again ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

Paper thin walls made it very difficult to sleep because so loud you could here the nearby room occupant's every sound.

Great service and wonderful free shuttle!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

There was no shuttle to the main capital area or the state house. That was a shame since we had to take a taxi instead to go and work.

Customer service was simply spot on

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

That they don't have staff by the enterance doors or elevators to prevent escorts from jumping in your elevator to go up to the higher floors. I also didn't like that breakfast cost 10.99.

The pool, staff and hot tub.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

The fire alarm was pulled at 6:30 am because a toaster was smoking. Fix the toaster! Every guest had to be awake and downstairs in the freezing cold. Not even the firemen were alarmed; this problem had been going on a while. Boooo

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

Two queen bed room, clean and comfortable. They don't have free breakfast but the breakfast buffet, with eggs made to order, is excellent, and worth the money. We have stayed here several times and staff is always friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• King Room - Evolution

The only thing I had a problem with was the noise. The 2nd and 3rd nights, there were young girls running up and down the hall laughing and yelling. I called down and was told they would be up to check and the girls continued for at least an hour after. I had to be up at 5:30 for a very important test.

The whole building was clean and every time we entered it smelled fresh and clean. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were amazing! The color pallet was beautiful throughout! The staff was all friendly and courteous and helpful!!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

I would like to be able to get breakfast as part of the stay. I don't eat very much and don't want to spend $11 for it. All of the other Hilton Honors hotels that we stay in offer a nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Bathtub - Disability Access

The pair of panty hose left in my room and the climate control didn't work in the bedroom portion of the suite.

I liked the amenities such as a microwave in the room and 2 restaurants on location. Starbucks in pretty much the same building was a plus. The staff was very accommodating and friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Bathtub - Disability Access

The entire staff that I encountered during my stay were wonderful and should be commended. I would like to extend an extra thank you to the staff members Gregory Conard, Rachel Arnaud and Tiara Kennedy for their exceptional service and assistance. The Recovery Room restaurant and its staff also deserve an extra thumbs up for excellent food, drink and service.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

The room was smaller and thought I was gonna get larger beds for the price. It was somewhat clean but could have been cleaner. Staff was ok but when I checked in they gave us something different then we expected because they overbooked apparently.

• Queen Evolution Room

Beautiful breakfast dining area and delicious breakfast options

• Queen Evolution Room

Comfortable bed, quiet building.

• Queen Evolution Room

Jacuzzi wasn’t working . Motor blew .

Really nothing I liked about this place !

• Queen Evolution Room

spa was not open pool kind of crummy

felt secure

• Queen Evolution Room

Great location and so clean. Loved that it has a Starbucks on the first floor, great fitness center too.

Seemed a bit stale, old

Price

Coffee in room, bed, location.

• Queen Evolution Room

Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Queen Evolution Room

Parking was hard to find and one room key did not work so we had troube working the elevators

Staff very helpful and friendly

• King Accessible Room with Bath Tub

It was close to the hospital and gave a discount for going to surgery the next day

• Queen Evolution Room

Clean comfortable and staff was very friendly

• King Room - Evolution

Wake up call didn't get the last 2 times.

It was steps from work so didn't Have to drive home in storm

• Deluxe Junior Suite

The price

I was close to my grandpa. I. The hospital

• Queen Evolution Room

Huge room, comfortable beds and very clean

• Queen Evolution Room

The price on booking.com wasn't the price they charged me.

• Queen Evolution Room

Having to use the key cards for elevator and parking.

Staff were super friendly.

Cleanliness

• Queen Evolution Room

Amazing hospitality and location without the city

• Queen Evolution Room

The hotel is clean, safe and everyone is professional.

Close to medical college

It was very close to Sage University where we were visiting.

• King Room - Evolution

The pillows were a little too soft. I was unable to get comfortable.

All of the staff was pleasant.

• Queen Evolution Room

The bed and pillow are not very comfortable.

clean

• Queen Evolution Room

Noisy heating system made it difficult to sleep.

• Queen Evolution Room

Very good breakfast buffet,with made to order omelets and pancakes. Good variety and great service

Rob C from untapped

• King Room - Evolution

Pool, clean spacious rooms with fridge, microwave and keurig in room

• Queen Evolution Room

It was clean. The staff was professional and helpful

• King Accessible Room with Bath Tub

Very noisy. Could hear everybody in hallway, above and below rooms. Kept waking me up

bed was comfy, front desk was friendly

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

Food service could stayed open as long as pool

Pool open late and relaxing

• Queen Evolution Room

Location and no view and not very helpful

Nice quiet room

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Room quality and decoration

The shuttle service

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

Good location, clean, quiet, has pool, free parking. No problems.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

Very comfortable, clean hotel. Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Nearness to hospital

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

Parking lot difficult to enter Poor space Breakfast service very slow Bed linen very rumpled

Staff were very courteous

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

Insufficient parking spaces compared to number of guests.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

Amazing front desk staff! Greg and Quayshaun. Breakfast was great! Super convenient catwalk to the hospital.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

Could be a bit less expensive.

Convenient, pleasant - clean

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

Very comfortable rooms! I liked that it had a microwave a coffee maker and a fridge.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Queen Evolution Room

Very nice personnel at reception. Great breakfast for the price. Free shuttle from/to the airport. I highly recommend.

There are also 69 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.