Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim/Garden Grove 3 stars

11777 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove, Anaheim, CA 92840, USA

#47 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

There was nothing, well I did not like that the pillows were too flat. That is all hahah

It was in a great, close to where we needed to be. Overall, great facility

I didn’t expect the extra fees (pay for parking, with tax, and pay to use the shuttle service). The walls in the room are fairly thin so we could hear people walking and talking in the hallway.

The staff was always available to talk to/ask questions. The room was very clean.

There was a lack of parking spaces. I’m not sure if they have one space for every room or not. Of the 4 nights we stayed there we were only able to park in the hotel lot 1 night. The remainder of our time there we had to park on the properties of nearby hotels. This was very inconvenient.

The pool area needed to be cleaned up a little. I realized it was April but the weather was very nice and there were a lot of leaves and things around. Otherwise very nice.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Always willing to help in any way.

Some of the worst parking. Especially coming back around 1am after you left Disney. My family had to circle around for atleast 10 minutes looking for a spot because they where all taken which is crazy because the hotel definitely wasn't at capacity and they charge 17$ a night to park.

The staff is very friendly and the place is well kept. It's very quiet which i love. And its perfect distance for Disney.

Comfortable beds, large room, extra plugs and USB ports for phones and devices. Really nice! Real half and half, not powdered mix, provided for coffee!

one bad thing though, im a light sleeper, loud noise coming from bathroom pipes kept waking me up at 4am ugh... not sure if maintenance was being done but very annoying

Very clean rooms, nice staff

the carpet of yhe room are old/dusty and make us sneeze. The suttle bus at disney 23:30 never show up. They charge the shuttle and the parking place when in other hotels around dors not.

The reception staff, the bed

Housekeeping did not return at all one day even though We left the room at 1.30pm. We had to ask the front desk to make sure it was done the next day as we were out of towels. There were no issues after that

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The lobby is lovely and welcoming and the location is good for Target and Disney!

I didn't like being charged for parking considering the price we paid for our three Hotel rooms. When we stay at a Hilton in England we do not get charged for parking.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, we had three rooms all together. The rooms were cleaned every day and refreshments replaced. The pool was a great bonus, and loved the hot tub. Loved the bathroom products.

My conference was all day Sunday as well and breakfast didn't start until 7:00 am. My first session was at 7:30 so it was impossible to eat breakfast on Sunday. I had to leave and go to the Marriott for breakfast because they started serving at 6:30.

Room was nice and comfortable, clean!

The air conditioner in the room was on but didn’t change temps or turn off or on. The tv kept cutting in and out during movies.

I loved the location and staff

Was very disappointed in the gym...or lack thereof. Tiny space, with few machines, but I had to go outside to do bodyweight stuff and jump rope. Really need to upgrade the gym space!

Buffet breakfast was fine. Bed and pillows were great.

I was given a room with some noisy extractor fans just outside of the window. They offered a different room when I reported it. So its resolved within minutes and we all had a good night sleep. The breakfast is basic but you can order from the menu at no extra cost. There is a shuttle bus to disney (shared with a neighbour hotel) for less than 10 dollars per person. Taxi/uber would probably cost the same/less if you are in a group but you can use the shuttle pass to travel multiple times on a day. The bus goes directly to disney and takes less than 10 minutes. We took the first bus of the day and it became completely full (with a few strollers) when it departed. Overall, its a decent choice for families who don't want to pay the premium for staying within disney resorts.

Had to pay $15 a night for overnight parking, which I believe is standard in CA, just odd to me. The front desk staff didn’t verify that my boyfriend was on the hotel room when he had to get his key reprogrammed. A little concerning if I was staying on my own that anyone could just get a new key to my room.

Location is so convenient.

Watch out for hidden fees that don't appear on this website. You have to pay a deposit ($25/day for incidentals) and parking ($15/day) that's $40/day I could have used on souvenirs and food, but I had to borrow money from my friend to get through our stay. After that I cried and my trip was ruined.

The TV was big.

The carpet was not clean the manager ,Torres, was very unfriendly I found out from someone else he was the manager He was rude to my wife and very unhelpful .

We didn't eat breakfast wasn't offered

The hotel water was like warm not very comfy

The trip was for Disney land and I walked there two days in a row because the location was 20 mins walking distance with a 6 year old

I did not like that the night receptionist was rude. I did not like the bass to hard. I am also upset because the last day they charge me twice and I keep calling asking to resolve the problem, and they can find my information and the receptionist was rude and said he was done trying to help and hang up on me.

I like the big room.

The Front desk greeter were not very welcoming they were on their personal phone 3 times I walked back to my room. The day I left they didn't say "bye" poor customer services. :(

Love the pool, and spa it was perfect to relax after a busy day in Disney. The room was very clean. :)

we would love to have the restaurant open in the late evening when we got back from Disneyland to have a late night snack or dinner.the breakfast seamed to be out for a while although i loved the menu . your hotel was very comfortable.

breakfast was good. we ate the last hour they had food out. great menu

The staff could have been friendlier. I went to check out and had to stand there a minute before being greeted because both girls up front had their heads down with their phones out in the drawer so they finished up what they were doing before assisting. As much as you’re paying already per night a continental breakfast would have been great and convenient instead of having to rush around town and having long waits to be seated. If I’m gonna pay that much for a breakfast I’m going to go somewhere that actually specializes in food

The fact it was quiet was the only plus side. Definitely the worst Hilton I’ve stayed at so far.

I loved the room and took advantage of the quest laundry room to go home with clean clothes.

The room was large, comfortable and had all the comforts of home. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Complementary breakfast would've been nice or free shuttle to Mickeys' house.

Close proximity to everything you need or want to do. Rooms have fridge and microwaves.

Breakfast menu is too limited. But, staffs are very kind. Morning coffee is very delicious. Disney firework noise is hearing in room at 8~9PM.

Bed is quite large and comfortable!

Checking in was very quick and we took off to check out the location and ice cream place that was within walking distance, hotel offers a shuttle to Disneyland,we also used Uber to get around to the Orange county outlet Also we had a great room was able to watch the sunrise and sunset

I have nothing bad to say.

All the toiletries are Neutrogena, I enjoyed that. Awesome staff! My room was really comfortable and clean :) I would definitely suggest this hotel to others!

Paid parking at $15 a night was a little expensive, considering it's not secured or undercover.

We had a very good stay here and would recommend to any family or couple/solo traveller! We had a very decent breakfast included in our package and felt the staff were very accomodating. The only downside is that you have to pay for parking at the hotel. We felt it would be considerably nicer if this was included in the total fee. The pool was also clean and the room was well equiped and cleaned every day! They also have a shuttle bus which runs to Disnleyland throughout the day and we thought this was a great bonus to make our trip hassle free. It's also close walking distance to restaurants in case you don't feel like driving! Thanks for the great stay!

I didn't like how you had to pay $15 for parking every night you stay... There wasn't a lot of spots to park also

The friendly staff and the location to many restaurants and how it's close to Disney and the angels stadium

Breakfast was a little pricey, but great food & service!!! No in-room safe to store valuables.

Absolutely above par customer service! Would stay again in a heartbeat!

Windows are not easy to open to get fresh air.for our room and air condition was sending hot air and they changed us immediately to next room with good Aircondition .

Large beds. Size of the room. Free easy parking coffee was available for free

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

There was a bottle behind the table that was never picked up, the pillows had something in the pillow cases. Also a girl that worked the front desk was very rude.

The room was nice. The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

n/a

Pool, hot tub, breakfast options, parking, friendly employees, helpful employees, clean and efficient room with microwave and fridge, proximity to DISNEYLAND and Hwy 5.

There was one staff member that wasn't so kind. took a while to realize I was at the front desk then blew me off when I ask her a question. Then I wanted to check out said ok and no other explanation saying that I was finished. No smile. Didn't have her morning cool aid.

I wasn't too satisfied with my stay. Comfortable and clean but people were rude and my key never worked and we even got new keys didn't work either. Kept Having to go up and down the elevator to tell the front desk. Finally let us in and my husbdan and I didn't even wanna leave the room cause we knew we wouldn't be able to get back in with keys. Wasn't happy.

No hot water no parking . Price for parking listed at 10.00 paid 13.99 and no parking available. Outside was dirty. Was very disappointed with the property

we only had one problem one day because we only found two big towels instead of the four of the previous night in our room (we are a family of four). We asked at the reception to provide the additional ones by the evening and when we came back nothing had been delivered.

I was 3days booked 36% discount but, check-out time they are full amount charged. I was check-out 11am but, no manager and a staff say a few words tell to booking.com. They are did take-out full amount form my credit card. I don't know booking.com do alike. I never booking again to booking.com.

Good Breakfast

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Terrible check-in process. They insisted we only had one room booked (we had two). My shower perpetually dripped/leaked -- I was sure once the maid came through she would make sure to make a note of it and have it fixed, I was in correct. The breakfast's taste was synonymous with whatever cleaning fluids they use -- couldn't even get it down.

The pillows were somewhat nice.

We were disappointed with the bathtub and shower. The water did not come out as much and the shower head clearly needs to be updated.

We really enjoyed the comfortable beds and the room was spacious enough for our son and baby. The refrigerator and microwave were great to have, especially needing them for our kids. The television was of good size. Overall, we it was a great stay and would choose this hotel again.

The beds were nice, but I notice the duvet cover had a cotton top and polyester bottom, which makes it slip off the bed easily during sleep. I kept needing to pull it up. The bathroom was very nice, except plugging the drain for a bath remains a mystery.

Hot water in shower was lacking. The door stop on main entry door to the room was not the right size so everytime you opened the door it made a loud scrap of metal against the floor. Parking was unavailable when we came home from our day so we had to park at the restaurant across the street. I've stayed at other Hilton Inns which were better. The Sheraton down the street is same price better stay.

breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Pool is under renovation, but they had made arrangements with surrounding hotels to use their pool

Conveniently located, nice restaurant/bar, and quiet.

The lack of parking especially since your being charged. We left for a couple hours returned we found parking . We decided to go grab a bite to eat and return to no parking . Myself and other guess had to park illegally hotel staff was aware . Keep in mind this was saturday night .

The roof top pool was nice and relaxing with a great view. Breakfast was tasty and plenty of choices. No pork sausage only beef FYI . The hotel is clean and staff friendly. Great location downstairs was a cvs literally next door. Great hotel wonderful location.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The pool was closed during our visit. During check in we weren't given information about how to connect to the Wi-Fi. Also, the front desk agent didn't give any information about the marathon and potential traffic back up in the surrounding area. The room and lobby area was nice and clean. The hotel is not worth $200 A night.

Staff wasn't very engaging. No menu in our room but it was very clean. The carpets were ok. Whenever I needed the front desk, the phone rings for a while and I'd have to call twice. Just feels like an absence of help.

Checking out was super fast and easy. I like getting a receipt for my stay there and I like that I can order delivery and bring food to the hotel. I had originally ordered a room with one bed but I decided to bring my sister along and was able to upgrade to two queen beds without extra charge. That was amazing of them so A+ for that.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Staff couldn't find our reservation and said they did not have availability. They were going to turn us away. Our booking company called the hotel and then the hotel staff located our reservation. The heater/airconditioner in our room was extremely loud. It sounded like it was going to break. Charged for parking but told us to park in fire zone or at a local business. Bed had food in it so sheets were not changed prior to our stay. Pool/hot tub needed repairs - rusty and needed replastered. Definitely not worth the price we paid.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accesible with Bathtub

Pool needed cleaning. General manager greeted us in an odd manner one morning. Had problems with the fridge in our room. However, after the third time we brought up the issue, the fridge was replaced and we did receive an apology.

Beds were comfortable. Rooms were quiet. They provide cookies in the evening for guests. Hotel was close to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Nothing all was great!

Very clean and beds very comfortable. Very friendly staff had to check in a little earlier and staff accommodated with no issues. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

The room refrigerator wasn't on and food went bad, the room smelled too strong like room freshener.

Breakfast was amazing and so was the staff. Very nice and extremely clean room.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accesible with Bathtub

I really didn't like the pillows because they were flat I had to fold the pillow. But it was good.

I really liked the breakfast and the TV it had the channels we liked also it had great service the pillows were a little uncomfortable but you should come over

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The number of waitresses was not adequate for breakfast.Therefore, you have to wake up earlier to have breakfast and get to your destination on time. Regardin the breakfast, although they served omelet but you could not see various dishes.

Except the breakfast everything was ok.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Having to pay parking per day even though I was staying at the hotel

The cleanliness and the room temperature was perfect from the moment we walked in.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

They over charged me and I had to have them adjust the amount. The beds were very hard and couldn't sleep well. The front desk staff weren't very friendly.

The hotel is very pretty and easy to access.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

I found a safety pin on the floor and an old sock. Obviously, someone needs to vacuum more often.

Typical Hilton Garden Inn. You know what you are getting with the amenities, bed comfort and services.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

That the hotel charges for breakfast on top of paying for parking already! The queens size bed was really uncomfortable and small for two people. The mail floor was nice and all, but once you go up the floor it's dark and the colors looks like poop!

Close to Disneyland

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Their was nothing we did not like.

The staff and the General Manager were beyond expectations. It was nice to have real people who care about their guests and the general manager visiting with guests. Mitch and company deserve nothing but kudos for providing such great service.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Checked in very late after a long day and no assistance, was asked if I needed a parking pass as if my car was not going to be parked (obvious and poor way to learn of parking fee). Shower had a very bad drain and I we were standing in about 2" of water. Breakfast was AWESOME! The server was EXCELLENT, price was great and fresh salsa was AMAZING! I doubt we'd return if only for the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Everything was better than expected. The location was convenient to Disneyland. The hotel was very nice and clean, and all around the presentation was great. We will definitely plan another stay here in the future.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The breakfast had a great value but our eggs were a little on the dark side both days and the beds were a little too stiff.

The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The bathroom could have been lit better. Lighting was around the mirror only so it was a little on the dark side. However, it was clean and had plenty of fluffy towels.

I love that the bed had more than just a thin sheet and blanket. It was like at home. Clean white sheets, blanket, comforter and comfortable fluffy pillows.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

room probably needs an update compared to other hotel rooms we stayed in over the course of our holiday.

room was comfortable, clean and bed was comfortable. staff were friendly.

My first room had a smokey smell that was in the hallway too. The staff switched me with no issues. A small complaint- I wished that the room service was available a little later than 10pm to fit with a late arrival, but you can't have everything. Otherwise, a great stay

Staff was fantastic. Professional and friendly, very helpful; comfortable beds, perfect pillows! The lobby is lovely and welcoming; room was well appointed and clean. Very nice stay

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

The bathroom was missing an exhaust fan! Quite a big miss. Bathroom missed some toiletries I expected from Hilton - like a small toothpaste and a brush The wifi is a bit sketchy.

The bed was of correct firmness. Good number of power outlets in room

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

I wish there was bottled water for the coffee maker... I can't think of anything really.

Big, comfy beds with beautiful comfy bed spreads, lots of pillows... air conditioner works perfectly and quietly. Nice big bath tub.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

My room was not very clean, even upon check in, and I had to redo the bathroom myself. I requested cleaning while we were out at Disney, and still came back to a dirty room. The housekeeping staff stated that I had a do not disturb sign on our door, but that was not the case. I had removed it prior to requesting service. I also had horrible service in the restaurant. My chicken was served to me underdone, and when I asked to have it cooked to proper temperature, after waiting for an additional 25 minutes, I had to leave, as my daughter had grown impatient of waiting, since she had finished her meal. The bartender had an "I don't care" attitude, and I felt extremely uncomfortable. Since I had ate a few bites of the chicken, I was sick for the rest of the night, resulting in my daughter and I having to leave Disney sooner than anticipated and spending most of the night in the bathroom back at the hotel.

The front desk staff was very friendly, the fresh water was fabulous, and the distance to the shuttle was great.

The bedding- There were dark spots on the comforter Continental breakfast should be included

Location Housekeeping staff did a great job cleaning the room

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accesible with Bathtub

While staff were extremely friendly & helpful the hotel itself looked a little tired and in need of some refurbishing. Compared with some of the other hotels in the area, this one looked a little below par.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Booking.com Info failed to point out that there was an EXTRA $12.00/day + 17% tax for parking on top of an already higher than normal daily rate! I know I was near Disneyland, however, that was totally exhorbitant. The in-room Keurig coffee maker never got fixed and the one in the lobby didn't work either.

The place was clean, staff was very accomodating and apologetic when things didn't go as planned.

Paying for parking and not finding a place to park. We had to park in the red zone the night we checked in. Also, not seeing it on the sight when I made the reservation.

The room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable.

• King Room - Disability Access with Bathtub

Shower pressure was poor and parking was very limited most nights, the bedding was also slightly itchy due to the pattern on top. 15 dollars PER NIGHT for parking, and front desk told us it was a one time fee over phone

Front desk very informative and polite, room was stocked with a lot of coffee and toiletries. Microwave and fridge were very clean. A/C and heater worked phenomenal.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Beds and pillows could have been more comfortable, but they weren't terrible. Also having to pay for parking was a major pain.

Room was very large and comfortable and staff was very helpful. For the deal we got on it, it was well worth the money.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The only thing I could think of was the elevators were so hot inside. It was like a heater was on & it felt very muggy. The outdoor temps were in the 90's & to go inside a hot elevator was uncomfortable.

Our first impression when we walked into the hotel was how good it smelled! The lobby smelled so fresh & clean. It was very clean & kept up. We arrived on Sunday August 14th in the evening & the young man at the front desk who checked us in was so polite & curteous. Our room was very nice & the beds were comfortable too. We liked the large tv & the free wifi was great, Especially, w/teenagers who are on their phones 24/7! :) We chose to stay at this hotel because we were moving my daughter into college & decided to go to Disneyland as well. We stayed 7 nights & looked for a hotel w/a good rate since we would be there for a whole week. We got a rate which was excellent compared to the other hotels. Was very happy with the overall experience!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

No fan in bathroom. Not enough pillows. I was charged twice for my stay ($488x2) took them 5 days to credit back to my account. Not enough parking spaces. I was told by two different employees their was no parking fee and I was charged for parking they did credit me for the charges which led to the double charge.

Clean and modern. House keeping was great.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

The staff was so rude we where checking in and there was this blonde girl with super short hair and a heavy set brunette mid 40s they where so rude for no reason at all. its like they both hated there jobs I checked in at 10 or 11 o'clock at night so maybe there where tired but man they where just so rude then they charged me a extra 25 for a microwave and 30 for parking so a one night stay here cost me 400 + dollars with tax definitely not worth it for such rude staff stay at the Marriott across the street every one is so much nicer there

The rooms where clean the hotel is nice and a Starbucks down stairs which is always a plus